Paul Easter and Arsene Wenger.

I watched the interview with Gabriel on AFC.com last night, wow, now that is what I call a tough upbringing but nevertheless while watching I started to access his time at Arsenal and realised just how close he came to being propelled into the stratosphere of adulation among us Arsenal supporters — that is very close until the Costa incident.

I mean, he was playing so well that excited comments like Wenger has found another Koscielny were being spoken in deferential tones but this all came to an abrupt halt after the really naive way he acted against Chelsea.

On the day, I was a tad more forgiving, thinking that it was the first time that he had come up against the dirty piece of work that Costa is and, really, who wouldn’t want to kick Costa? but, in fact, it was not the first time; Gabriel had previously faced him in Spain on numerous occasions which makes the fact that he fell into Costa’s trap even more infuriating.

Paul Easter, is a great find and his defending is going from strength to strength, we will forget the Costa incident, time will heal and it is only a question of time before he is acclaimed as the great defender we all secretly think he is.

And if that isn’t enough there is the other hidden bonus that people like me enjoy: we can continue to sit contentedly in the knowledge that Wenger got it right again and all those who were waving their big sticks shouting about Wenger should have strengthened in the summer were wrong or at least the signing of Gabriel shows that Wenger does act when players become available and I feel totally confident that if another striker or a HM or any player who would have improved that squad for that matter were available, Wenger would have done everything he could have to sign them.

Arsenal 3 Manchester United 0

Still too early to forget this.

written by LB

142 Responses to Paul Easter and Arsene Wenger.

1. The Cockie Monster says:

From last post and I`m sure it has a bearing on LB`s post somewhere . hahaha

Forgive One, LB, but we were rudely interrupted by an incontinent Viking, so here is a repeat:-

Shard says:
    October 10, 2015 at 10:02 am

Is it too early to talk football? [edit: Yes!] 🙂

I just wanted to say how funny I found Gie’s comment on the media and Harry Kane. Funny because it’s so true.

Also, is Raymond Verheijen now going to come out and blast ManCity’s manager and trainers for Aguero’s recurring injuries? Or are injuries only the club’s fault when it’s Arsenal?

Klopp at Liverpool is interesting. It allows him to keep playing as the underdog manager fighting the good fight against bigger badder clubs. If Liverpool give him time then I think he could have them up as CL regulars. But I thought so about Villas-Boas at Spurs too.

The Cockie Monster says:
    October 10, 2015 at 10:06 am

RA says:
    October 10, 2015 at 10:07 am

Erik the 2P

To protect the Arsenal players from injury you said: “Maybe even sacrifice something” how about one of your iPads, then you would only have to pee once? 🙂

Erik the Pee — yup that sounds cool for a Viking! 🙂

3. Shard says:

Beaten to the punch by the new post appearing just before my comment. Hmmmmph.

Oddly enough lb, I think fans’ estimation of Gabriel has gone up after the Costa incident. He didn’t back off from the fight and the only reason he was punished is because the referee was determined to do so. I mean even the FA had to subsequently admit he wasn’t at fault. So how exactly did he fall into a trap? Unless the trap was set by Mike Dean.

Gabriel is yet another good to great buy by the manager who can’t buy defenders. He might have arrived later than ideal, but this was the year barcelona paid us 15m for an injured vermaelen, and ManU’s millions found no defender despite desperately needing one. Our scouting department deserves credit there.

The thing I like about Gabriel is that he seems like he loves to defend, and the battle. Reminds me of Keown a bit.

4. The Cockie Monster says:

The Gabriel/Costa incident has been settled out of court where Costa has been hit hard in the pocket for his transgressions against Gabby…………………..Gabby has boycotted Costa`s Kebab Shop !………..In your wrinkly old face Costa !.

Oh, Bugger, the extrovert party pants aka Cockie has forced me to withdraw my duplication of his yeuky comment.

“I have a tattoo on my Maximus Gluteus reading….” What do you think of Totnumb ? “……then an arrow pointing to my rectum. It lightens up the mood for my carer who has the un-envious job of changing my incontinence pants !.”

Such a naughty boy!!

6. The Cockie Monster says:

I bet Costa has a tattoo of a Pitta bread on his Maximus Gluteus !…..it then looks like Mourinho is inserting a Kofta Kebab into the Pitta Bread when he takes him from behind !……….pervy Mediterranean types !.

7. The Cockie Monster says:

Oi Redders !……………yeuky is what transplant will do to you with his freshly made hummus !. 😆

Another good Post, LB, and altho I was not sure I agreed with you about Gabriel falling into a trap set by Costa, I realised you were right, in that he allowed that hideous thug to provoke him into a belated retaliation.

If he had left things when he defended Kozzer, and then laughed in Costa’s face at his moaning in his his ear like a fish-wife all would have been well – with the usual caveats regarding the sub-standard refereeing of Dean.

In the end the FA decided he should not have back flicked a boot at Costa — but I would have preferred him to have received a 3 match ban for connecting with the ‘flick’ and breaking Costa’s leg.

No! No! Do not say that, Cockie — not Terry’s yeuky hummus trap!! 😀

10. Bvumai Marimira says:

Its only that sometimes people of the character of Diego Costa needs to be confronted accordingly.
    If the refree cannot combat such actions the victims are left vulnerable to bullies like him and hence taking action into your hands eventually happens although not acceptable in football.
    Clever refrees should be able to identify early signs of bad habbits in football and caution any to avoid trouble

11. Erik Two Pads says:

LB. Great read. And two short posts in one!

Bvumai. What you write is true but what happens when the referee and more to the point, the linesman do sweet FA?

As LB says, Gabriel played against the cheating b’std before and knows his game. He should not have reacted because in the end he allowed Dean to take a potential 3 points from us which could prove very costly come season’s end.

12. Erik Two Pads says:

As to the AW purchases, the Chambers/Gabriel partnership has great potential, AW reacted when he saw the ageing of BFG and Kos.

Who is Erik Two Pads?

Bolleaux, I have lost my gravatar

15. Bvumai Marimira says:

Its true what you say but what Costa did to Koscieny was totally an act of hooliganism.
    And the fact that the assistant refrees could not act is very disappointing.
    Surely what are they doing in the field if they cannot see whats happening with players
    I think refrees should be punishable.
    Any way i take solace to the fact that there eventually justice and we as Arsenal family should try and recover what we lost that day through consistence

Wrong LB
    You kept the bar high 🙂 Thanks
    Big fan of Easter and hitting Costa is always acceptable

2Pads,

Your avatar looks like something Cockie would be proud of. 🙂

2Pads.

You are an upgrade on Big Raddish. 🙂

Cheers, LB.
    Here’s hoping Gab can fulfil his potential.

Hmmm, Shard posses the question did Gabriel fall into the trap or didn’t he?

Shard say no, I say yes, regardless of the fact that his red card was rescinded.

And my evidence is Koscielny. When Kos was being man handled by Costa the Frenchman gave a master class in turning the other cheek. It was here that Costa set his trap for Gabriel and he ran over got involved in something that had nothing to do with him and by doing so fell into Costa’s trap.

I rest my case.

Guilty.

23. ‘morning all, well done LB a nice talking point for a dull and damp Saturday.

I think Wenger has bought a gem in Gabriel, by the start of next season I expect him to be our first choice centre-back, even overtaking the excellent Koscielny.

We don’t know what the awful Costa was saying prior to the non-event that saw Gabriel sent off, but we can all imagine the sort of thing.

I like his spirit, I like the fact that he was prepared to step in to support Koscielny but most of all I like him as a defender.

If Gabriel hadn’t flicked his foot back and got the red, how long do we think both he and Costa would have remained on the pitch?

I reckon they both would have been off the next time they came together.

It still makes me angry, weeks later, that the aggressor got away with reducing us to 10 men and mild retaliation was so harshly punished.

Back to thinking nice thoughts.

25. LB, I can’t agree with your 12.03, I don’t believe Costa had any thought in his mind other than to wrestle Koscielny off the ball. He certainly didn’t do it to in some way entice Gabriel into reacting.

Costas’s action seemed entirely instinctive, use any method available whether illegal our not in order to gain an advantage.

I think you’re right LB I was disappointed to see Gabriel red card flash up on my phone whilst at a wedding, first thoughts were Costa at it again and probed right when I read reports.

As you say Kozzer even after the bump to the ground just got up and stood in his face. When Gabriel came over he should have got in between them but instead of facing Costa he should have put arms round Koz and walked him away, if Costa follows the two of them the ref can then see who is the aggressor, and hopefully act accordingly. That said like the Davis incident we were discussing yesterday it is probable that the feud was deep and ran from pre Chav v Arsenal days.

But none of this addresses the real issue, Gabriel’s reaction and his playing style in general is one of a fighter the type of player that so many have said we have missed for so long, with him, Koz, Coq and Alexis I believe we are starting to have a few that are happy to get about their opponents and will not take the repeated kicks without meting out some of their own. This can only be good for a title challenge.

Nice one LB

I like Gabriel. The Greek Orthodox Priest lied to me though. He said Angels were supposed to look sort of? err, well angelic. This bloke looks like hes just crawled out of a Well.

I really empathised with his interview. I understand the hardship and need to save ones mother from poverty. We lived in a really tough area. Kids would play knock down ginger, drop stink bombs through the letter box, and there parents would buy them dangerously flash cars. I remember thinking “There must be a better life than this. And one were you dont need a ventilation mask”

My dear old mum had it really tough. She worked for Barclays Bank as assistant bank manager, but kept getting overlooked for the top job. I knew then i would have to save her from this hell by passing my Accountancy exams so I could con and cheat people out of there money.

The only thing Gabriel done wrong in the Costa incident was not chinning him. Those FA twats would have probably banned him for 12 games, but it would have been worth it to see how Costa falls down for real. I reckon if you shot the wanker with a howitzer he would still make a meal of it.

And I still think were going to win the league.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

28. Red Arnie says:

Brilliant, LB, all to feel confident about. 🙂 Paul Easter is a great find. And a find without throwing cash down the drain.

A little bit of aggro is OK by me. The red card was a wrong, perhaps fraudulent, decision. So much for the irrational wish that keeping Septic Bladder and Platypus away for 90 days will sort the system out. I am with Angler Steve on this.

So let Paul Easter continue to be himself. He is a good guy and will find support. 🙂

29. Red Arnie says:

About this season, no matter what happens next, this is already a success by my book.

Football is tribal, and tribes survive on their collective memory of great victories over other tribes. The last time we had such an emphatic victory over ManUre was 20 September 1998. So, this is already a season made in fairyland.

That does not mean we should not surpass ourselves and win teh League and the CL, though. 🙂

30. There is nothing wrong in the good guy lamping the bad gut. Paul Easter is the dogs doodas, I would have been happy if he’d done a Paul Davis on the wimp and broke his jaw… as Transplant says, it would have been nice to see him hit the floor with a genuine injury. One day a player is going to do that to him…. and he’ll fucking deserve it.

I’m back from the bar by the way… nicely oiled and ergo, happy Rasp 🙂

Unreal game of rugger on telly right now
    Jocks Samoans

Hi Exile,

It was not the ‘defense of Kozzer’ that Gabriel got the red card for.

He got it after all the players had gone upfield when the ‘keeper prepared to take the free kick.
    Costa was goading Gabriel all the way, and eventually he back-kicked Costa – and missed. it was that which he got the RC for – not the Costa/Kozzer incident.

Costa only got a red card after the game when it was reviewed by the referee.

NG
    I want both jocks and taffs to win today 😎
    Seriously good game tho

How nice to watch a sport where players pretend NOT to be injured

Take note Costa you cheating scumbag

RA I understand that, although the handbags at ten paces with Costa after Kozzer/Costa incident led to the ongoing name calling etc. Which eventually led to the red card. Koz was keeping his cool and if Gabriel had done the same he wouldn’t have squared up to Costa at that point and I don’t think the rest happens, except maybe Costa realising he would maybe have to try something other than gamesmanship to get the better of us.

Just an observation…by the way Terry Venables used to coach players on exactly those flare up incidents and he coached it as I described above (cause that’s where I heard it first), he knew the benefit of keeping 11 men on the field, it’s how we decided to try and deal with on field flare ups too, all was going swimmingly well until in a cup final all the players on the field of play were doing everything correctly, none of us saw one of our subs run forty yards across pitch to put a flying fist into their aggressor who’d delivered quite a nasty tackle into one of his best mates. 😳 red card and he hadn’t even played a minute of the game

50 points and not even half time!!

37. Shard says:

LB

I don’t want our players thinking it’s got nothing to do with them when one of their teammates is assaulted and the referee does nothing about it.

Yea, ideally he should not have lifted up his leg like that, but I guess I have a problem with the use of the words falling into a trap., like Costa is some sort of clever genius. Costa should have been sent off some 3 or 4 times in that game and the only reason he wasn’t and Gabriel was, was because of Mike Dean. Costa set a trap for himself, but Dean, like lots of referees, let him get away with it.

In fact, I think Costa’s reputation has helped him in games. It’s just Costa being Costa. So why send him off for that? I mean that’s a concern for genuine referees, not Dean. Dean, even before and after this incident, was intent on letting Chelsea get away with foul play and punishing Arsenal to the maximum that he could. But hey, Chelsea need all the help they can get. Even their manager says so.

38. Micky I’m cheering Samoa on. I’ve no time for anything Scottish.

Norfolk
    You mean. You also hate that foul tasting brown liquid poison 😀
    Me love the country

40. There is nothing more to this life:
    Than some cheap wine and good wife:
    But a cheap wife and some good sport:
    That too, I cannot fault.

41. Nice tattoos here micky… the knobs!

42. Micky most of that stuff tastes like seawater and old socks. 😀

Wooftas NB
    But if you could say that to their faces rather than me I’d appreciate it

GIE
    If a sub gets a red card, does the team go down to 10 men?
    I suppose they can’t really.
    In which case this has given me a great idea.
    Put some really hard bastard on the bench and if some Costa-like hooligan is out of order, allow the enforcer from the bench to do him some real damage at a suitable juncture a few minutes later. Sorted. 🙂

Norfolk
    Tryi telling our Arnie that 😀

47. Red Arnie says:

Norfolk. 🙂

48. S**t, with the connivance of the ref, the Scots have taken the lead .

49. Another gift from the ref, but Scotland miss the penalty.

50. Red Arnie says:

hating Scotland will not bring England progression. As we have seen. 🙂

Neither is trying to convert football into rugby going to help. hmmm.

Defensive passing matrix

Not something for the attack minded purist 😀

52. Red Arnie says:

Micky. precisely. and converting defense into pure violence. 🙂

53. Red Arnie says:

shocking penalties. 😦

Exile,

I do not understand where you are coming from, I am afraid.

Kozzer needed support after an unprovoked attack from Costa, and got it from his team mate. What Gabriel did was …. nothing …. and why should he back down to a sh*t like Costa in those circumstances.

Costa should have been red carded for his behaviour at that point (which eventually he was given) and a yellow for provoking Gabriel into retaliating.

the back kick missed and the red card was rescinded for that.

So, Gabriel did nothing deserving any card. Oh, wait — the FA, to save face for the ref, decided he did not leave the pitch quickly enough having been wrongly red carded and banned him for that.

I cannot see anything wrong with anything he did – and watching it live, I would hope all the other Arsenal players would do the same thing next time. It’s about time they manned up when any of them come under attack from the opposition.

Surprised you do not agree.

Whatever the outcome the competition will be poorer without the Samoans playing like this

56. Red Arnie says:

🙂 🙂 🙂

Wow
    What an incredible game
    Bravo both sides
    Fantatic

Well, that was worth attending.

Ha ha ha LB 🙂 I swear I was going to ask you yesterday what was the score last week 🙂 sweet!

I’ve lost my faith in wenger many a time, and as usual he proves me wrong. I was absolutely sure we would lose to the mancs, and oops egg on my face. If he could only be right a little but more often

Terrific game of rugger. Shame the best team lost.

I don’t like men with earrings, tattoos or dancing

Dancing?

Tell us that story of the bloke trying to chat you up and then dancing in the fire again.

Woah, Scotland for coming 1st and South Africa for coming 2nd in the group.
    There was me thinking there wasn’t much to play for, for Australia and Wales.

The losers apparently will play S. Africa – so the winners get the Scots. A little extra spice?

Erik
    I really must apologise
    Thing is, you mentioned earlier taking the family out to lunch and the excessive strain it might put on your plastic friend
    Well, I had a brilliant idea, but too late, you’d gone. I assumed your family would be largely Lefties, maybe even Veggies if you were lucky, so you could have taken them to MacDonalds on the grounds of making a political point. I calculated you could have escaped under a tenner
    Hope the outcome wasn’t too painful

Top notch anthems.

God I hope this game isn’t as exciting as the last, as I’ll be in danger of switching codes 🙂

Im about to fall out with Norfolk again
    Come on Wales 🙂

Micky. Thank you for the belated advice.

Tomorrow I have to take the vultures, I mean family, out for a birthday brunch. MacD’s could be the answer

They’d hate it. Order The Veggie Kiddies Meal. Get the colouring in chart and bingo £10 all in

72. Red Arnie says:

yes, come on Wales! 🙂

Oooo Ouch
    Imagine that, being hoiked up by the balls YIKES

3:29 Samoa dance, awful

Hey Arnie

Someone gave me the book Shackleton’s Whisky to read while I get better doing eff all
    About Nimrod Expedition. In 2007, they found a few cases under the hut preserved in ice
    Started the book last night, and they’re talking about the distillery that produced the loathsome beverage 
    Speyside, Inverness. Said all peat from there westwards to Jura is rotted down wood, and they brought in peat from Orkneys for a smoother flavour.
    I know you like that sort of thing

All that twitching looks a bit shit if you miss the kick.

ha ha

Thing about whiskey is that it is only the first couple when taste matters. After that you might as well be drinking Tesco’s Gutrot.

I think Cech should start doing the Biggar

80. The Cockie Monster says:

Years ago I used to support all the British Isles teams in World Cups etc`, then getting into more adulthood it became apparently clear that this gesture was not reciprocated by Scotland, Wales or Eire fans………. so now I would rather support an ISIS/Taliban sports team if they were playing the enormous chip on the shoulder fcukers !.

81. Red Arnie says:

I do, Mucky. great stuff. one of teh greatest discoveries since teh wheel! 😛

chas – an elephant would forget, but not you 🙂 I said at the time he was a tool

about rugby – did you know that almost 25% of all doping in sports in UK has been found amongst rugby league players?

83. Red Arnie says:

Micky, not Mucky. 😛

Mucky
    The smut-meister.

Another fantastic gme

Excuse me for butting in but I am rather worried about chas showing us now for the second time in a week TH14 putting his hand on Carragher’s thigh.Surely not 🙂

Ozzie parked a bus 🙂 I don’t understand rugby, but Welsh cannot brake through the defence

Kelsey. Wish transference.

hi kels! it is a brill video, Carragher’s eyes are going out of their sockets 🙂

Eddie

Carragher said today that he did not know it, as he was so shocked with the news of Roger’s sacking.

He also said that he had done the same thing to Henry some time back so it was one each.

But then who cares – I think the world is still going round. 🙂

kelsey
    It was Cockie the first time and it didn’t include the Gerrard slip footage. 🙂

RA the question of right or wrong in Gabriel’s actions is beside the point. I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase “don’t give the ref a reason to book you” that normally applies when a player is walking the tightrope on a yellow card already.

We were away from home, Mike Dean was referee, so my instruction would have been don’t give him a reason to send you off. Koz is more than capable of looking after himself, and calmer too. I doubt he would have put his arms up under the provocation because he just seems quite unflappable, but the idea of walking your player away is to put you in the refs good books, the idea of cuddling him whilst doing so I stop prevent him raising his arms should he be attacked and feels like retaliating.

If he had done all the above would Dean and the officials interpret the meal Costa made of Gabriel’s kick out differently, it’s likely they didn’t see it but one expects they put two and two together and made five.

Whilst Gabriel has now been adjudged to have done nothing wrong he has done a lot during the two sequences for the ref to judge him guilty. He has given him an excuse to send him off, and that for me was his mistake.

I got three players red carded whilst playing, and received one myself in one of the incidents.

First one I was trying to claim a cross at the far stick when someone crashed in to me, I made sure I landed on him pretty hard and as we got up my elbow might have left an indent in his ribs, as we got up he tried to knee me and then kicked me in full view of the ref who sent him off.

The second a centre forward was having an awful day and I was chatting to him all game, he got himself a yellow for dissent, and had tried to knock me over a couple of times when the ball was rolling into my arms, both times he ended up on the floor and I laughed at him, then he chased a ball down that I was out of my area to kick clear, if I had continued my momentum he would not have touched me, but I put the brakes on, left a leg for him to run into pirouetted and the ref came over and gave him a second yellow, he gave the ref an excuse.

The third I was playing against an old team, I’d been having banter with them all game as they struggled to hit target let alone score, they finally got one and decided to celebrate on my face, I threw a ball at one of them, and one of them threw a weak slap at me, from which I hit the deck, with him screaming “his trying to get me sent off”, and me looking between my gloves at him nodding and laughing, we both got sent off.

Now in all instances the red cards could have been avoided but in all instances someone did something to give the ref a good reason to send us off. Now I played at a relatively good level but we didn’t have the level of experience and training necessary to get to the top levels. But at any level of football the same human instinct exists in the referee, and whatever you can do to stop him thinking you are the aggressor the more chance you have of staying on the pitch.

The ref actually turned up at my appeal hearing and said he had no choice to send me off but it was the least reaction he could have expected come me in the face of the provocation and that he recommended my ban to 1 week not 5 for violent conduct that I was due to get.

93. Red Arnie says:

Re Easter, that attempted back heel was naive. But giving a mouthful in Kos’s defence was top draw. IMO. 🙂

Some attitude in the ground is good news.

You would have thought that Overmars, with his Need for Speed, would have chosen a more streamlined shirt.

6:59
    Unknown Pleasures style?

Love the pics of Brave happy at his new Club 🙂

The Unknown Pleasures pic is mighty work.

I had the considerable misfortune of going to an Iggy gig. Just awful.

Wales lost twice and twice got through, no wonder they are happy

Big
    One team won three and didn’t

Erik

It’s not really surprising that you and I get on so appallingly badly

My Iggy gigs were epic, and I assume that Unknown Pleasures “tribute” art is meant to Ian Curtis, and its a big bad in my book

🙂

Correction on the won three
    If the Nipps beat the Yanks today, they will have won three and still not made it

Didit. I agree. I find you to be a poltroon of the highest order and this is witnessed by your appalling taste in music and footwear.

Never liked Joy Div either but at least they were quietly awful as opposed to the unholy noise created by Pop and his fellow miscreants

Yeah right Mr Yellow Submarine

8.35. Clearly there is a Celtic conspiracy at work

I fecking HATE the interminable YS and even turn off the radio when it comes on but even the lowest nadir of Beatles music is better than Pop (live).

Iggy was more punk poet performance artist

The Beetles were utter drips

And lastly
    Footwear
    Do you, or have you ever, even once, worn sandals?

Even the Irish have qualified with a game to spare

Just hope one of them can at some point beat Aus or S Africa

Guilty as charged but I am of an age when fashion is an irrelevance. I can even get away with wearing a fedora without looking like a front bottom

112. The Cockie Monster says:

England didn`t get what they deserved, but Stuart Lancaster did !……………………..how fcuking stupid is it that he had a policy of not picking players who played in other countries ……….people with tattoos knobs !………..that`s what you call a knob !.

Well, we can agree that age can be forgiving on that front. Sadly

Cockie
    Yip, that was a very bad move

Oh God Cockie, you’ve got one of those Maori Tatts haven’t you? 🙂

Ok happy day all

117. The Cockie Monster says:

Luckily for me, I have no such policy and without the help of women from other countries I would have had a very abnormal large wrist and turned blind !. hahaha

118. The Cockie Monster says:

Only on my knob, Micky !……………..every morning I am awakened by it doing the Haka !. hahaha

Sandals with socks are unforgivable

120. The Cockie Monster says:

I have had sandals tattooed on my feet !……in the long run it will save me money !.

Eddie. Agreed. Unforgivable.

TRe: Rugby. the more one thinks about the decision at the end of the Wales game to kick for touch and hope the line out would set up a win, the more stupid it is.

A simple 3 point kick would have secured a draw and progression.

it was Robshaw’s gaffe

Cockie – tattoo yourself with pants, you could go starker 🙂

Rugby is terribly complicated, but I must admit to really enjoying it. How much do the rugby players earn?

Chas is keeping a low profile 😆😆 guilty of tattoos, earrings and sandals ☺ same for rasp ☺

125. The Cockie Monster says:

Just for you Eddie I will get a full body tattoo of our Gold away kit and meet you at the Tavern……….hope it`s not a chilly night !. 😀

Out for a 6 miler !.

Not gone yet, in a mo

Raddy: Captain

This has been one of Arsene’s biggest failings in my book
    Scotland (rugger) had Laidlaw who simply controlled everything

Arsene simply doesn’t see it, and pretty much all great sides have a great leader

Damn I hate not being able to drive

Micky – me too, 30+ years of practice and I’m still struggling

“Never liked Joy Div either but at least they were quietly awful”

-1 for BR.

Ian Curtis a poet
    Peter Hook may be one of the all time great bass guitarists
    Bernard Sumner visionary

I discovered Joy Division as a result of liking New Order (my age meant I discovered New Order first).

But then I am a fan of so many bands and music that were inspired by Joy Division so it’s no wonder I like them so much.

130. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all, Nice one LB Paul Easter, al right for the time being.
    Lot of moans about England Rugby team not qualifying, They could have gone for a draw with Wales, or they could have pushed for the win, Japan pushed for the win and was heralded as superb, England try and are hounded.

Two teams playing , 15 against 15 and usually a winner. If you play for a draw then you may as well agree that before the game and dont bother playing.

England has brought the game to the world, the same as Cricket and football, and we are not the best of any. If sport is to be fair and honest, their will be winners and losers, thats how honest sport should be.

England was not good enough on the day, but they will be back like a bad penny, the same as Arsenal.

I’m up, extremely hung over and about to have my morning after cure…… cheers!

What’s new in the Arsenal World…. apart from Joy Division?

Nb – is that journalist kosher? Of is it just a joke?

Cheers northbank ………… We have a New Post ……………

134. Hello,I read your new stuff named “Paul Easter and Arsene Wenger. |” on a regular basis.Your story-telling style is awesome, keep it up! And you can look our website about fast proxy list.