Time for Ozil to Step Up

Kelsey says one more injury and we are bollixed and Crystals is usually right.

Today we have Koscielny, Flamini, Wilshere, Arteta, Welbeck and Rosicky all crocked. Would any of these players be automatic starters apart from Kos? Probably not but it would be great to have them available especially Welbeck and Wilshire.

Why do I start the post with the above? Because I really do not know where to start today’s pre-match! The opponents are/were TOTL and in great form. We, however, are handily placed in 6th and could go up to 3rd with a win – but will we get the 3 points?

A poor MU took 4 points off us last season and as far as I can see we haven’t beaten them in the PL since 2010/11 – it is about time we did. However, and here is the rub, this Arsenal team is hugely inconsistent; a fine win over Stoke was followed by a dreadful loss to a poor Zagreb side,  a week which included super victories over Spurs and Leicester also saw us fall apart in the CL to Olympiakos.

We know our current squad is good enough to challenge for the PL (well, i know might be more realistic). Trouble is they need to do it on a game by game basis rather than the odd occurrence. If we can overcome the Mancs today it would be a huge fillip to both the players and the fans, and perhaps, kick-start our season.

Unknown

And what of the Mancs? The insanely expensive purchases appear to be successful for the moment. They are playing well and as usual getting the rub of the green. Referees adore them and continue to give favourable decisions to the Red Devils, the fans are on-side with LVG, injury-wise they are in good shape – it augurs well for them.

I hope Chary does not read this paragraph (wherever he is) but I believe English football needs a strong and successful United. They are the flag-bearers of the PL however much we may dislike them. Who would you rather see doing well in Europe – the financially doped Johnny-come-Lately’s or a club which has a proud and successful history?

In yesterday’s Telegraph, Gary Neville wrote a fine article about Arsenal’s preparation for games (thanks NG) highlighting the difference between what he sees as the classic MU/AFC winning teams and the current AFC. He believes we do not analyse our opponents in enough depth. Is he right? Is Steve Bould so inept that he doesn’t spend the days pre-game instructing his players how to close down dangers? Neville assumes Mr Wenger tells the players to play their own games without heed to the opposition in the knowledge that our better football and high possession will win the game. I cannot believe we are so naive.

Our Team:

Cech

Bellerin   Gabriel    BFG    Monreal

Ramsey  Coquelin    Cazorla

Ozil   Sanchez

Walcott

Expect to see OG make an appearance later in the game and possibly Chambers coming on to secure the defence should we be winning on 75 mins.

Ozil needs to convince the fans who continue to dismiss his superb skills that he really is worth his enormous transfer fee and wages. This afternoon would be a fine time to open his goal-scoring account.

I wish I could pick the Ox in our first choice eleven but despite non-stop effort and input he has disappointed. Could he benefit from a long run of games? Can Mr Wenger drop one of the above side to give him that chance? If so, who gets dropped?

Today’s referee is Anthony Taylor. He will be busy and I can guarantee that he will anger the Arsenal fans. The man is not so much biased against AFC, more that he is incompetent. Coquelin will be booked in the first half as will Gabriel. We must hope that our full-backs remain card free so they are allowed to tackle MU’s wingers upon whom they rely so much.

If Arsenal can remain disciplined in defence then we will win – we are better than them, but sadly that is a huge IF. Our players are good enough but the organisation and concentration has been poor this season – we have conceded 13 goals in 11 games which is not good enough. We must improve or find ways to score far more goals, especially from midfield (apart from Flamini  the others have scored a sum total of none).

I would love it if we beat them

COYRRG

311 Responses to Time for Ozil to Step Up

1. Well done Peaches…. for a moment there I thought we would have to go the whole day without Raddys PM…. Nice one Hippy 🙂

Fantastic Big, thanks very much.

Rosicky injured really did make me laugh.

Anyway, Martial is what terrifies me, especially if they aim him at Per.

Blimey, never stopped to think about our lack of goals from midfield. Not good at all.

Must win game for sure 🙂

3. IT’S SIMPLE WITH OZIL. IF HE DOESN’T PUT IN A DECENT PERFORMANCE TODAY, WENGER MUST DROP HIM.

4. Didit

I get the feeling Cech will have a busy day today… lets hope our front line can balance it out.

Thanks Raddy, unfortunately I think the pairing of Martial and Memphis is looking very effective and Mata is pulling the strings behind them. We on the other hand haven’t clicked for a full 90 minutes (or anywhere near it) this season.

Still, like arsene, I never expect us to lose – but I wouldn’t be unhappy with a draw in this game 🙂

Cheers, BR.

Who will convert them?

Love this photo.
    Exactly what is no.9 doing with his boot?

9:48 in moderation

NB

I sense certain uncertaintities in Raddy’s PM

No percentages for the win, and already mention of rub of the green and the useless ref.

For me, if we lose, and Martial plays a blinder, then that will be my angle of attack. I’m like a coiled spring over transfer window. (and yes we could afford him. Very simple maths)

On a brighter note, cannot wait, expect loads of goals and hoping we get most of them.

10. fatgingergooner says:

Who knew AA actually stood for Arnica Anonymous. Sounds like you had a good meeting this morning! 😄

As for Özil having a good game, first we have to understand what a good game for Özil looks like. Is it banging in a couple of goals from the edge of the box? Is it breaking up play on the edge of our box umpteen times and launching counters? Is it spraying 50 yards passes all over the place and flying into tackles?

I dont think it’s any of those things. Personally, I believe Özil having a good game is him finishing with a high passing completion rate and creating numerous chances for his team using vision, guile, and clever movement. He is the oil in the engine and his job is to keep us ticking over and to play the final pass or the one that creates space for somebody else to play the final pass.

With this in mind, I would argue Özil had a blinder only a week ago against Leicester. If he keeps that form going, then we should be ok.

Looking for an angle of attack if we lose.
    Cosmic!

Chas
    I just think my angle is better than the ref and luck 🙂

The fact that I need one is pathetic 🙂

13. fatgingergooner says:

Just hope the ref gives us a fair crack at the game today. Who is it anyway?

14. fatgingergooner says:

Sorry, just noticed its in the post! I did read it, honest!

15. fatgingergooner says:

The Olympiakos defeat could be a blessing when it comes to todays game as I imagine defensive structure will have been drilled into the team all week. I’ve seen it before where we have had a terrible defensive display and the games after we look solid as a rock. Unfortunately this usually comes at the expense of our attacking play. We need to get the balance right and hope Kos absence doesn’t disrupt us too much.

Micky
    We need an Arsenal version of this – but this one works quite well for us, too.

Keep clicking on it to stop and restart it. Hours of fun for all the Gooner family.

Maybe two versions……

One which has ‘Blame the Ref’ and ‘Blame our luck’ alternating…….

the other with just ‘Blame Wenger’. 🙂

18. ‘morning all, we can all say what we like about BR’s pre-match because he’s not around to read our comments.

Just in case though….. Another great post by my favourite pre-match writer. 😀

I’d play the Ox instead of Ramsey, neither are in great form at the moment but our Welshman seems to be stuck in a negative frame of mind right now. Too many loose passes and not enough penetration.

If we win, Mesut will be MotM, if we lose I’ll blame the ref.

Chas at 9.45 with Ozil and Santi having created the most goal scoring chances is a fact, but what’s more important bar at leicester we haven’t had a goal fest in any game, the chances hav to be put away.
    Like micky, martial against mertesacker frightens me.Last year United were shite and we couldn’t beat them, this year they are better but like every team in the PL vunerable to the counter attack.

We haven’t got a chance and for that reason I guess we will win 😉

20. You GUESS we wil win? Kelsey where are the crystal balls? 😀

kelsey
    That’s why I typed, ‘Who will convert them?’ at the end of the 9.45 comment.

22. ha ha ha Kelsey Logic… love it 🙂

So you did, chas, so you did.

Most probably Giroud will come on late in a tense game, dribble past three men, then realise they are his own team mates, turn round, se de Gea off his line, and volley one over his head into the net, and then being Giroud, fall to the ground awaiting applause.Suddenly I had a jolt and woke up 😉

24. Ant says:

I love The BFG ..he plays like I imagine Micky would..all style, experience, positioning and timing. Martial look out!

Everything you want in one clip….
    a French ponce
    a Jasper Carrot impersonator
    a man often mistaken for a llama
    and a ball nestling in a manc net. 🙂

26. fatgingergooner says:

F*ck Martial! He plays for United which makes scum of the earth.

Does he have 12 goals in 13 PL games? Theo does!

Does he have Sanchez, Özil and Cazorla setting him up? Theo does!

Does he run 100m in 1 second? Theo does (on Fifa)!

Does he look like he’s lost control of the ball constantly but still manage to sneak it in the corner? Theo does!

F*ck Martial. Theo does!

27. Ant says:

Llama 😂😂

Well done, Raddy, I share your uncertainty. 🙂

I was enjoying the subsequent comments until I came across the chat between Micky and Chas, where they discussed, at some length, the angle of Micky’s dangle and I skipped the rest because I feared a reference to the the throb of his knob.

A man is known by the bloggers he chats with, Hippo – so beware. 😀

On the other hand, Raddy, I would not take too much notice of what Crystals of Doom says!! 🙂

Chas,

I recognise Crystals on the right — but who is the other bloke? 🙂

Are you talking about yourself again, RA 🙂

No idea, RA. Just some geezer who looks a bit like Crystals, I suppose.

You can all feck off 😉

34. The Cockie Monster says:

Thanks Biggy !

Love this Ant comment…………..” I love The BFG ..he plays like I imagine Micky would..all style, experience, positioning and timing. Martial look out !………………where was the style, experience, positioning and timing when he fell off his bike ?………………..he was either incredibly inebriated or Ant is @ 10;24 in the morning !…………………….silly !. there`s only one winner there ! 😀

In the recent past a certain love in has developed around Gary Neville. Well, as from today I intend to reverse the trend.

Gary Neville knows f–k all about Arsenal’s preparation and little manc loving toe rag should mind his own f—–g business.

LB, 🙂

37. fatgingergooner says:

If we keep creating chances like we have been then sooner or later someone is going to get ruined. Hopefully it will be United today. 8-2 would be nice!

wouldn’t we all Raddy

thanks for the PM ! hm, no percentages though….that’s worrying. No solid prediction from Crystals, even more worrying….thank Dennis my gut is stronger than my legs

Gary Neville KNOWS what he is talking about, not only because he is gorgeous, but also because he played with van Per$ie and I am sure he learnt a bit about the AFC from the treacherous one. Our players often said that Wenger gives them freedom to play and enjoy the game. We all know that one of Fergies strengths was to know the opponent and find the weak spot, remember all the mind games? He studied his opponents in depth and Neville learnt that from him. Wenger doesn’t do it and that is why he is often accused of not having plan B

Right, the way I see it is the only hope we have of winning the game is by players believing we can win it. The Mancs are better in almost every department, except for the home crowd. I hope every fan who is going to the game gets behind our mob and pushes them to do the unbelievable and beat those dirty northern bastards…..to do what Southampton did yesterday. It is possible.

BR – I like the point you made about the EPL needing strong ManU, very clever point.

LB 🙂 🙂 nope, you is wrong sir 🙂

41. The Cockie Monster says:

I`m 0.1% confident !……………..I cant even remember the last time we beat them in the league !……….it`s like one of those radio themes of name the year !……..the year when Ant & Duck got drunk on Cider Lollies !………. LB had stabilisers on his pram !……. Peaches was checking out Raddy`s vinyl in the stock room ! …………………Eddie was a woman !…………………… the only thing French about `69er was his letters !…………….RA was using polo mints on his knob as an abacus !……..etc` etc`

42. fatgingergooner says:

Eddie,

‘The Mancs are better in almost every department…’!????!

Surely not. That’s very worrying if it’s true as this is a pretty ordinary looking United side. Not seen anything special from them since SAF left.

43. fatgingergooner says:

Ajax v PSV in a bit. If you’re not watching the Liverpool game then check out El Ghazi for Ajax. Going to be a quality player.

Fatie – goalkeepers – Mancs win. Attack – Mancs win, midfield – 50/50, defence – both pants, but their is fit for today. Managers – mmmmmmmm – not sure

45. I can’t agree with you there Eddie, Cech and De Gea 50/50.

Full-backs Bellerin and Monreal by a country mile.

Gabriel and Koscielny like wise.

Mid-field United, just.

Attack Theo and Alexis over Rooney and that green French kid every time.

46. fatgingergooner says:

I get the impression you’re not loving this current Arsenal team Eddie!

Hopefully they will do the business for you today. 3 home wins in the PL fixtures would be nice.

I am outnumbered 🙂

I sincerely hope that I am compeletely 100% wrong

Fattie – I love any player who has Arsenal shirt on his back and actually I feel sorry for our lads – the stars who are getting nowhere and the lesser starlets who are already punching above their weight and get the blame. Nope, it is not the players a have a bone to pick with

49. Thank you Raddy for a stirring pre-match. I know what you mean about the PL needing a string United or even a strong United – I’m on the train and with no glasses it’s too hard to edit.

I love playing Man U, the stadium is always loud and full of passion. I hope the team that walks out has had a good think about what went wrong on Tuesday night. Although we’re not banging in all our chances we must remember to defend efficiently.

It’s a glorious day here in north London let’s hope we take the three points.

50. You’re drinking straight from the bottle then Peaches, very ladylike I’m sure. :D.

51. Ings makes it one nil with an unchallenged header from a corner.

52. Luke’s equaliser in added time.

53. Lukaku not Luke’s

54. The managerial merry-go-round gets underway, Dick Advocaat quits Sunderland..

55. fatgingergooner says:

BR spot on with the team.

United

De Gea
    Young Smalling Blind Darmian
    Carrick Schweinsteiger
    Mata Rooney Depay
    Martial

56. fatgingergooner says:

Ramsey or Sanchez up against Young today. Hopefully Ramsey can cause him positional problems by coming inside and creating space for Bellerin. Can’t see Depay going back with him too much.

If it’s Sanchez on Young then just run at him all game.

57. BR spot on with the starting eleven. Cech, Bellerin, Merts,, Gabriel, Monreal, ,cazorla, Le Coq. Alexis, Mesut Ramsey. Walcott .

58. F T Liverpuddle 1 Everton 1

59. wally says:

It’s not just Ozil, it’s everybody. This team needs to show up and get it done. Our record against manure over the last 10 years is pathetic. Time to change it. It starts here, it starts now. Time for this lot, manager included, to show that they are genuine contenders, not pretenders.

It’s GET IT DONE time.

oh wally 🙂 I hope you won’t get disappointed

61. Eddie are you at the game or watching from the sofa?

62. fatgingergooner says:

Last year we should’ve been 3-0 up before United even got a sniff.

We must take our chances and make sure we keep concentration when they have a good period.

Nearly there
    Can’t wait
    Today we discover our league chances
    Must win
    Like team

NG -from behind the sofa 😦

Yes, Jamie Carragher, you are right. I wish that French bore shut the feck up

65. Nearly KO….. good luck everyone at the game and to those behind the sofa…. COYGs

66. Time to take your seat Chas, you don’t want to be one of those late arrivals. 😀

hi Harry and George

Garrick and Schweinsteiger sound big and scary but if we can sneak past we could be in
    Goal fest 😀

69. Alexis. Yes yes yes

70. OOHhhhh yes yes yes….

71. Oohhh yes yes yes again fir the second time…. we’re up for this

Yesssssss
    The early goal
    Oh oh oh another 😀😀😄😀😄😄😄😄😄

73. fatgingergooner says:

I guess that’s what you call Özil turning up!!!

74. OMG it’s going crazy here 🙂

Eddie – shut up, you know eff all about football

oh happiness is wearing red and white

76. fatgingergooner says:

Ramsey causing havoc drifting in off the left

77. fatgingergooner says:

Or right!

That reads like sex on a blog! 😀

That Norfolk, eh, hasn’t got a clue about Wally Walcott – he should have listened to me! 😳 😀

79. fatgingergooner says:

Need to stay on top of them and see if we can get another to put the game to bed.

Micky @ 4:07,

–“Oh oh oh another 😀😀😄😀😄😄😄😄😄”

Stop it you dirty devil!! 😀

We’re sneaking past 😀

What’s the score? I can’t get a signal?

83. Alexis again Yes yes yes . Theo assist

84. Fucking unbilevable from Alexis…. COYGs

85. fatgingergooner says:

Oh my giddy God!!!!!

Pick that fucker out!

I don’t want to wake up

Oh fucking behave 😀

Santi wins in the air against Schweine

Is it 2 nil? 🙂 😉 🙂

rasp 3, darling 3 nil

91. How did Ramsey miss that?

92. oh Ramsey… could have been.

You are not missing anything, Rasper, we are only 3 nil up and Rambo has just missed a sitter! 🙂

We maybe witnessing recent history here.

Sanchez’s second wasn’t too disimilar to the goal he scored in the Cup Final. Actually I can’t believe the way we have carved out all 3 goals.one of the joys of supporting The Arsenal, it’s always a helter skelter ride.

kane own goal 🙂

96. fatgingergooner says:

Kane just scored an own goal for Spurs!

Santi is playing out of his skin. Ozil and Sanchez one expects to, and they aren’t disappointing.

98. fatgingergooner says:

Özil’s touch before Ramsey missed that sitter 😱

It only goes to show what difference cech makes to the team 🙂

OMG – are we 3 up- talk to me!!!

101. fatgingergooner says:

Just….wow!

Stunning
    Absolutely stunning half

103. Yes Rasp, you’re not dreaming.

Well, that was quite good 🙂

105. I think that’s probably the finest half of football I’ve ever seen Arsenal play.

106. fatgingergooner says:

Rasp,

You don’t know what you are missing.

All 3 goals just stunning movement, accuracy and pace, not to mention the finishes which were all world class.

We are set up now to counter but you can still feel the tension in the air so we need to keep it tight for first 20mins of second half and then see if we can steal another on the break.

Very important save from Cech just before HT. We don’t want to give them any encouragement.

Özil and Cazorla 😍😍😍

Actually going to enjoy listening to Souness, Henry and Carragher for the first time ever!

Lovely.

108. fatgingergooner says:

I hate the fact I’m still nervous even though we are 3-0 up. Says it all about our team in recent years. Let’s get a 4th and end the game.

Speak to me – are we really : nil up?

NG

Possibly but the build up to each goal was absolutely exquisite
    That save by Cech was crucial, still think we will score again at least one.

No Rasp

We just rehearsed all this earlier,just for your benefit.

Thanks FGG, your comment just downloaded, will try to catch motd2 tonight 🙂 45 minutes to maintain the quality!

Are you listening to Gary Neville? That’s why I love him – it must hurt him but he gives credit where credit’s due. Very professional

I’ve just hooked on to the live text coverage, seems like Manu are piling on the pressure – coquelin to get sent off / or subbed I wonder?

115. Bloody hell, that tackle by Theo on Rooney 🙂 🙂 🙂

It has been all manure in the second half so far, Rasper.

2 assists by Theo so far I understand

Rambo has looked out of sorts, unfortunately.

Theo has really played well Rasper.

Confidence is one thing – but dribbling in the area – and losing the ball – is silly.

Thanks Redders 🙂

122. Wakey wakey Gabriel!

123. Its getting a bit tight now… we’re being pushed back.

124. God chance for Mesut straight at the ‘keeper.

125. Walcott off for Giroud and mesut off for the Ox

Arsenal are ‘happy’ to let Manyoo to have the ball, and defend – and they have done that well.

If the Mancs score tho it could be difficult because we will not have the momentum.

Come on lads.

127. Alexis has taken a knock and is replaced by Gibbs.

128. Fucking hell Giroud… too casual, the french ponce 🙂

129. What a miss by Giroud .

Are we second?

Have we won yet? 🙂

132. Unlucky the Ox… brilliant

133. That was SO, SO SATISFYING. 😀

Fantastic performance. Every player was superb.

135. I’m enjoying a nice bottle of Cotes du Rhone. In celebration of a great win and the third anniversary of surviving a heart attack on 4th October 2012.

Life is so sweet.

Fantastic
    Just like the arsenal of old
    Destroy teams in the first twenty
    Job done

137. fatgingergooner says:

No need to be worried! Very compact and organised second half. Does make you wonder where the Olympiakos type performance comes from but it doesn’t matter for now.

Best performance since beating City away. That first 20 minutes was the best since Henry and co.

Get in there!!!!!😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Convenient injury for Alexis?

They did say he had an international this week 😀

139. Breaking News. Breaking News Breaking News.

Van Gahll and Mourinbo both chasing the managerial vacancy at Sunderland.

Brilliant result, can’t wait to see the highlights – if we can build consistency who knows what we can achieve this season 🙂 🙂 🙂

141. fatgingergooner says:

The whole team was terrific. Nobody had a bad game. Ramseys confidence isn’t quite there but he was still sprinting into the box in the last minute and Young didn’t have a clue how to deal with him.

Özil’s recognition of space was on a different level in that first half. Whenever a United player was out of position, he was stood where he should’ve been. The way he sees the game is different to anyone else in our team. Quality.

142. When did we last keep a clean sheet against Manure?

The stats show manu had 59% possession is that correct? Even better if it is as it shows we had the confidence to let them have the ball. I’m hoping we hit them at pace on the break, that would make my day 😀

144. wally says:

And that’s how you get it done.

That’s the level we should demand, not expect, demand, every Saturday/Sunday. Nothing less.

A complete and master performance. Total commitment..

Well done. Super well done. More please.

Norfolk,

😀

And I will have to be careful in kidding you [especially about useless Theo 🙂 ] — crikey — heart problems are not fun. Altho a chap I know had a stent put in after a heart attack 10 years ago, and he is always working, building extensions, landscaping etc — the medical profession is wonderful in such matters.

Keep well. 🙂

146. Souness “Theo Walcott the best I’ve ever seen him play”.

147. Thanks Redders, I too have a stent and I feel fine.

148. Herb's Army says:

Wow!
    Who saw that coming?
    Absolutely fantastic display, the best against a stellar opposition in many years. Arsenal made Manchester United look very poor, and if we can slay one giant we can slay more.
    Theo deserves a lot of credit, Mert and Gabriel looked comfortably solid, but Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez are just quality.
    Everyone stepped up and their work-rate was phenomenal.
    I don’t know where that performance was hiding but now we’ve found it can we have more of the same please.
    That football today is probably the best so far at The Emirates.
    This offers renewed hope.

149. ….and does Arsene Wenger deserve a little praise too Herb?

150. Aaron says:

That was Top Class!
    Sanchez and Ozil are world class!
    Theo Theo Theo- 2 assists
    Cech, Mert, Gab, Bel and Mon = Clean sheet!
    Mid played well, and Coq in front of back four is a Monster.
    Santi, Rams and Ozil ran their collective arses off.
    Theo and Sanchez were sublime up front!
    Well, I guess Arsene got it right again. Who would ever guess, not me!
    Go Gunners, upward and onward!!!

151. Super fantastic day 🙂 We blew them away in the opening minutes and they just couldn’t handle us. They were bound to improve second half but the damage was already done 🙂

Theo was AMAZING today, he must’ve had turbo fuel for lunch. Snapping into tackles, just incredible.

Everyone did their job with aplomb and Cech was proper taking the piss lol

I hope LB wants to write a report about it 🙂

LB says:
    September 29, 2015 at 10:34 pm
    Deeeeeepresssinggggg………………………….

OK, over that…………….

We will probably win on Sunday

153. Herb's Army says:

Naturally Norfolk.

Today is his day. It was a completely different Arsenal animal, and I can only imagine it was in response to what Arsene said to them after the Olympiacos game.
    Arsene and Arsenal made a massive statement with that performance against Utd and I will always give credit where it’s due.

Liverpool have sacked Rogers!!!

I am about to drink copious amounts of red wine. I would love to read a match report from Herb.

156. He’s joined the queue for the Sunderland job. 😀

I feel like a fraud commenting on our game without having seen it, but it sounds like our guys were amazing – congratulations to them all and AW in inarticulate. Bring on Bayern 🙂

Well that is just selfish of Liverpool’s board to do that now.

159. The Cockie Monster says:

Trust the Spuds to get a point and spoil my day !. 👿

Souness is right, that was the best game Walcott has ever played for us. I am shocked, I didn’t know he had it in him.

161. Oh! Come on Cockie, spoil your day? A little hiccup at most.

LB. :D.

Theo may not (yet) be a top class striker but he is proving he’s Arsenal’s best choice from those available and he allows us to play with more fluidity and pace in attack. It doesn’t matter if he doesn’t score as long as he makes things happen.

163. The Cockie Monster says:

What`s the odds on Klopp getting the Bindippers job ?……………hope he has locking wheel nuts !

I received a report saying Rogers has the tin tack but haven’t seen it verified elsewhere – possible hoax?

I can’t believe how naive Van Gaal’s tactics were at the back. A thre man back line, what on earth was he thinking. Hehehehehehe

It’s on BBC sport.

167. VCC says:

Herb 6:29……Honourable. ……I for one are with most of your comments.

168. The Cockie Monster says:

I was just thinking about you Vic`s !…………………..have you climbed down from the ceiling yet ?.

I’ve just spent an enjoyable half hour reading the Post (thanks BR) and all the comments after having watched the game 😀

Terrific performance.

As NG says, reminiscent of those games in the early Wenger years when we would be 3 up by half time then the crowd could all have a snooze in the second half as we shut out the game and conserved energy.

Rasp – we were, indeed, happy to let Manure have the ball in midfield, hence the possession stats. We defended deep, denied them space and soaked everything up pretty easily. If every good chance had been converted the final score would have been 7-1 (Ozil, Ollie, Ramsey and Oxo all missing when they perhaps should have scored).

It’s time to start feeling optimistic again.

170. fatgingergooner says:

Rodgers sacked. This is a good news day! 😄

One of the things that pleases me above all is that people can now see what Wenger was telling us just after the transfer window closed: there were no strikers available that were better than the ones we had.

So, did Martial run rings around Per as some predicted? No he did not, in fact I would say that Per had him in his pocket for most of the game if not all.

Martial is not better than Welbeck, do you get it now?

Wenger knows what he is talking about.

Dinner calls.

go on, rub it in LB 🙂

I can take just about any abuse today 🙂

174. Seems a bit early to be sacking Rodgerd, they’ve just lost Stevie G unless they’ve got Klopp lined up

175. Herb's Army says:

Cheers VCC, hope you’re well and in good health.

LB – I was fearing the worst and chose to listen on 5Live rather than watch. A regrettable choice as it turns out.

Pool to interview Maureen and van der gaal this week 🙂

The Rogers sacking is being reported by The Guardian

178. Herb's Army says:

I think Liverpool sacking King Brenny is bad news, they will inevitably up-grade.

Shame Herb

I genuinely would have liked to have heard your views on the football.

Thanks Cockie and LB. I agree with peaches, it seems hasty to sack him now – and who could take his place and do a better job.

This is very interesting since we were asking the same question about arsene this week. We could imagine pool’s new manager in place of Arsene and decide whether we’d be happy 🙂

181. The Cockie Monster says:

Jimmy Tarbuck would be an upgrade on Brenda !

182. Herb's Army says:

How you doing Rocky, good to see you blogging.

Chas made the point that we are all doom and gloom after a bad game or two and in ecstasy after a good performance – which does seem a bit daft – but who couldn’t be delirious after a result like that? 🙂

184. VCC says:

Herb..Cockie..Rocky…just like old times. WONDERFUL

Hi Herb

On here a bit less because I’ve been busy setting up a business but all good thanks.

Nice to see you here too!

Thanks for the info Rocky, I’m glad we won playing in that style, we obviously have the players to make it work. I hope this is a permanent feature for the future 🙂

But Rasp this is our trouble we are so inconsistent. Today you knew from the first minute that the whole team was up for it and who would have thought we would run United ragged yet we were pretty awful midweek.

As I said earlier the ups and downs of following Arsenal.

Rodgers, IMO it was all pre-empted a few weeks ago.A club as big as Liverpool don’t sack managers on a whim.

188. VCC says:

Cockie.,…..6:44… I’m stuck to the ceiling matey……that was simply a phenomenal first half performance from the Good guys. You know how much I hate the Mancs. I will defo drink a bottle of Merlot tonight. The local pub was heeeeaaaaaving with Gooners…..singing and dancing. Why don’t we play with the same intensity from the start in every game.

Hi Kelsey, yes I agree, we need consistency – but this is a very good start

190. Herb's Army says:

Thanks Rocky.

In happy circumstances too. Nothing warms the heart more than destroying Utd.

191. Cheers everybody, just having my first alcohol for a week 🙂

192. Whoever Liverpuddle appoint he will be stuck with the present squad at least until January. He’ll have to be a miracle worker to get them to perform as top six contenders.

193. The Cockie Monster says:

It`s a funny old season so far, Vic`s………………Brenda sacked and only 4 points behind Arsene !………whose only 2 points off the top !.

194. Theo was the key today, he was an absolute monster!!!!!!!!

Secret weapon extraodinaire, the manks didn’t have a clue what he was going to do next and he certainly pulled off some surprises. MOTM for me

I think Coquelin is now as good as anyone in his position.Was it luck he fell into the team, who knows ?

196. Lovely to see you VCC and you Herb and you Rocky

Did anyone notice if LB said he would love to write about the game for a post for tomorrow 😉

197. The Cockie Monster says:

Yes Kelsey !

I love Le Cog and I`m the most virile man on here !…….just shows…. we are all potential closetters !. hahaha

198. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all, Nice one Raddy,
    I have to say i felt a little apprehensive before the start, LVG sounded very confident in his pre match, Arsene seemed his normal self.

45 minutes of scintillating stunning football, and another 45 of high drama defending, with chances to add to the 3 first half goals. As we always say it could have been so many more but most would settle for 3.

Brenda gets the bullet, and Wenger gives his fellow Manager high praise, A touch of class by our man.

Garry Neviles article advice, in the paper, would be better written to Manchester United, as Mr Wenger certainly had done his home work, while an absolutely stunned LVG still does not know what hit him.

Well done Mr Wenger and the Wenger boys, simply stunning. 🙂

Evening all.

That was great, just what the Doctor ordered. It was so good that despite a really fit looking bird sitting one row down and a few seats to my left, i only eyed her up about 200 hundred times, so got a good view of the match

We were outstanding in every department. The only disapointment was that it should have been 5-0.

Really delighted for Arsene. The mans a genius. Look how Moronio emotionally crumbles when his team gets shit results? He looks like hes in a jealous love triangle involving Julian Clarey.

GN5, come back on here please. Wins like today are meant for supporters like you.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

200. The Cockie Monster says:

201. Herb's Army says:

And you too Peaches.
    Absolutely brilliant day 🙂

a ha ha ha ha, this is hilarious cocky 🙂
    Jamie C is really uncomfortable with the French mannerism

203. VCC says:

Peaches 7:19….i’m always here in the background. Don’t always agree with the Wenger love in, I’m more a Herb’ite.

Today was simply sensational. Any win against the Mancs is a bonus, but we ripped them apart in the first half.

The Merlot, with a Remi chaser is flowing nicely tonight. XXX

204. I’m checking out Twitter so I’ll be putting some pics or comments up.

The biggest difference between today and the game in the week was Theo. Today he did the right thing. Watch Ozil’s goal? Walcott passed when he should have and low and behold Ozil scored.

I described Ozil’s performance in the week as magnificent, he was making lung busting runs in the space when we were on the break and Theo who had the ball was not capable of making the pass to the German and the goal scoring opportunity was lost.

Today, instead of being greedy Theo did the right thing and passed to Ozil in space and look what happened?

Even better, the Sanchez influence is starting to rub off, Theo was defending from the front; he was making tackles that Coquelin would have been proud of. Theo The Enforcer, who would have thought?

I agree with Souness that it was the best game that Walcott has played for Arsenal but as much as I would love to give him my MOTM award I am afraid Sanchez pips it.

Two goal are two goals and important goals they were.

206. Now I know for sure that no-one reads my comments especially LB 😉

207. At least I’m not alone in appreciating that Theo was standout amazing today 😉

Peaches

I wrote that after reading your comment, hence that slight difference in MOTM.

I always read your comments, SWMBO

209. LB – have you got time to write something for tomorrow please,

210. I’m just watching the after match interviews and I love it when they ask Santi something complicated and his answer shows he obviously didn’t understand the question 🙂

I am afraid I don’t. I waiting to Skype with my son at Uni in Sheffield.

Ok, that is true but I am drinking far more than is good for someone to write something sensible.

212. But you’ll be so passionate without being sloppy

We need Muslim match reporters; at least they don’t feel the need to dive into a vat of red wine every time we win.

Maybe that should be win, loose or draw.

Eldest son calling from up North, got to go.

215. I agree, I’ve already downed two very nice glasses of red 🙂 Ho hum maybe someone else will have a clear head and come up with something. Have a nice evening.

This video is 12 minutes long and good quality. Cech needs a mention and he had a particularly large grin on his face as well.

Terry – Re your 7:23.

I appreciate your comment and you are correct – but my days of posting and writing articles on AA has now come to an end.

The administrators chose to allow me to be mindlessly and inappropriately attacked by an out of control Herbs Army and my plea to them to take some action was ignored – so it leaves me with no choice but to leave AA.

They made their choice which leave me with no other option but to make mine.

218. GN5 – I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. We are all grown ups and if someone says something that we don’t like the best policy is to look away. There are often hours in the day when none of the administrators are watching the blog and so your comment about asking for help obviously fell on deaf ears because no-one was around.

I hope you will reconsider as you know how much your input is appreciated.

GN5 – I mailed you

220. Herb's Army says:

GunnerN5

Please never leave this site because of me.
    I am an Arsenal supporter every bit as passionate as you, and if I think the club are under-performing then it has to be challenged.
    On the tagged articles at the end of the post, that day I clicked on something that was posted five years ago. Fast forward five years and the conversation is pretty much the same.
    Arsenal haven’t moved on, and you accuse me of being repetitive.
    And you left a very withering dismissive remark and used foul language in the process.
    I don’t insult you or try to make you look idiotic just because you vehemently defend Arsene, so you shouldn’t do it to people just because they don’t agree with you. It’s not like our views have a bearing on decisions made by the club.
    Watching Arsenal since they moved to The Emirates has been extremely frustrating, moreso because the same mistakes are repeated, so the root causes are always the same, and it certainly isn’t anything to do with our finances.
    Today saw Arsenal play their best football since they left Highbury.
    Maybe today is a line in the sand.
    Maybe Arsene has got his mojo back and is preparing for the big finale so he can ride off a hero.
    I’m not conceding ground to you, and this is the closest you’ll get to an apology, but I know my place, and you contribute to this site far more than me.
    Arsenal themselves have acknowledged and published the love and loyalty that is your life’s passion.
    You and Kelsey are like elderly statesmen, the Godfathers of the site.

GN5, I wasn’t around at the time and I support peaches comment. You pride yourself on being a forthright blogger, surely your shoulders are broad enough to withstand a disagreement. The essence of this blog had not changed since we began, the only difference is that administrators have not been able to contribute as much time to it recently

Great to introduce G & H to JC, Chas, Ants and Peaches today, missed listening to goals, we were 3-0 up before we got back to Cockfosters.

Peaches/ David,
    It’s so easy to absolve yourselves of ant responsibilty by pleading that you are busy, It’s anothrer thing to take the time out to check back on the comments when you are informed of an issue – neither of you bothered to do that,

So I assume that this inane, insulting comment meets the ethos values of AA???

• Herb’sArmy says:
    October 1, 2015 at 4:49 pm
    GN5
    My logic prevails over your losing mentality so unless you’ve got anything pleasant to say, don’t discuss me like I’m not here.
    A man of your seniority should know better than to continually display naïve ignorance.
    You are rude and arrogant and rate a manager who hasn’t had Arsenal winning anything significant for over 10 years.
    Good for you.
    I don’t rate him anymore, it’s that simple.
    If you really want to know what most supporters think of Arsene go and visit other blogs rather than ram your narrow-minded aggressive belief down other people’s throats. You’ll find that people like you, with unswerving, unquestioning loyalty are becoming a minority.
    You claim to support Arsenal, but gladly sycophantically suck up everything Arsene tells you to believe, like some weird religious cult.
    Yes Arsenal have been a hell of a lot worse before Arsene, but they’ve also been a hell of a lot better.
    Either remember your manners or don’t talk to me or about me

224. GIE – you guys must’ve spread some fairy dust around the Emirates 🙂 Lovely to meet your young chaps and looking forward to G doing a great Ooh to be on the steps real soon.

GN5, you speak as if we somehow owe a duty to the patrons of AA. Actually we’d both love to be freed of the responsibility so we can enjoy blogging like the rest of you without the burden of expectation.

226. Herb's Army says:

GunnerN5

Why don’t you include the comment that I was responding to?
    If Rasp and Peaches want me gone, so be it.

We don’t want anyone gone, we want you guys to moderate your own behaviour, not expect us to take sides and risk appearing biased ourselves.

228. Well GN5 and Herb it looks like you must’ve had a humdinger of a spat. Do you really think it’s worth getting quite so vexed with each other, you’re never going to change each other’s minds.

I have always felt the point of blogging is to share the terrific times – like today – and also to support each other when things aren’t quite so good. The thing is that some of us find the hard times more difficult to deal with than others but surely we have to remember that we are all Arsenal supporters and so we share a common bond.

GN5 you are the elder statesman of our site and we love hearing your stories and thoroughly respect the time and effort you put into writing your posts.

Herb you have made your feelings very clear about the club and it’s direction. We all know how you feel but you too are a loyal fan who only wants the best for your club.

I feel the two of you should just give each other a wide berth and not descend into name calling. Do you think you could live together in peace?

Rasp,

What utter nonsense – only a few of you have the power to monitor the site the rest of us rely on the few to maintain the ethos –

I’m done!!!!!!

Thanks GN5, it’s clearly our fault 😦

LB according to my Dad in the build up to today’s game Martin Tyler was commenting on Ozil, he said something along the lines of only truly appreciating how Mesut dictates the game when you see the lad play live, but also that he has an unfortunate body stature that makes people cast the “lazy” and “not up for it” aspersions, Ants today was raving about him, as was Chas to a slightly lesser extent and I have only seen him in the flesh on a handful of occasions but I don’t think I’ve seen him play and not noticed him do at least three or four things that stand him out from the rest.

There is a tad of Arshavin-ness about the criticism, for me Arshavin was a bit more of a shirker than Ozil because he made runs that meant he was out of the next phase (closing down back passes to keepers that he was never going to get but would also mean he could now never get back to win ball back) I don’t think I’ve seen Ozil do that.

Looking forward to MOTD 2 and may treat myself to a re run of MOTD to watch Maureen’s meltdown again. Arsene very rarely lets it be about the team or players when we lose, but all about the players when we win. With Maureen you never know what you’ll get when they lose, but when they winyou can be sure he will tell you at least two or three things that he decided would change the game for them. Last night was brilliant though, “we should have had a penalty it’s a joke, when we are top we understand why refs try to hurt us and make the game fair, but when we are losing, we need some help”. I nearly cried when I heard that, but it got better when the journalist asked him about Saints two claims, “I don’t want to talk about other teams”…….Gary did though 🙂

233. No it isn’t our fault. We’ve been quite clear in our guidance in these situations – don’t argue for the sake of it. There are very few times where it’s possible to change someone’s view especially when it’s known how a blogger feels about something. Just ignore them, see the name, don’t read the comment and you won’t be offended and certainly don’t get drawn into an argument.

Watching the highlights now. Talk about the football 🙂

Just a comment on next manager, I still have a lot of time for Roberto Martinez, he has not as far as I am aware whinged in the press for more budget to spend, he has always in my observations handled himself with dignity and talked up his team, and he doesn’t seem to be overly emotional, and he likes to play attacking passing football, from Swansea to Wigan and Everton he has never resorted to changing his style to get results even when he has been in a hole, he always backed his players and his style of play.

He is also young enough to bring new ideas and training regimes, when he first took over at Everton he changed their training patterns so that they could get on well in Europa and PL without suffering from missing training, small tweaks to

Last comment before I click play….Alistair Bruce Ball commentating on Radio 5 said something like “Darmian has been replaced, he was probably a little dizzy as Alexis has ran him in circles”

And Alan Green said something like if I wasn’t commentating I’d be clapping Alexis off, wonderful player”.

236. Herb's Army says:

No GunnerN5, I’m gone.

The last thing this blog needs is one individual poisoning it with constant doom and making other bloggers unhappy.
    This isn’t my ‘mouth-piece’ as you called it, the point of debate is to learn from each other and break down the points to reach a better understanding.
    If you strongly disagree with something, disprove it, not just with stats, they gloss over many things.
    It’s only football, does it really hurt you that deeply?
    There’s a whole world with major life and death issues going on outside of football, football merely offers a temporary escape for a few moments.
    You will have noticed on the same day, I announced my intention to withdraw to a reading brief – as you have been doing – and I intend keeping my word.
    The sole reason I appeared today was because after all my recent gripes, Arsene got it right, and it would have been wrong of me not to acknowledge that.
    Arsene smashed Manchester United today.
    Today Arsene is King, but the crown sits uneasy and could fall off at any time. Personally I think it would be great if he could wear it for the rest of the season, only time will tell.

Oh, before I depart, a thank you to BR for providing the entertaining pre-match.

237. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha ha ha. lovely PM, Raddy. 🙂

what a game! For the first time (for me) this season, Theo really looked the part. Alexis and Ozil, having just read Raddy’s PM, were brilliant. Bit my MotM was Cech.

Brilliant game, but was it 4 shots on target and 3 goals. what a performance! On the flip side, 3 brilliant saves by Cech. Yes, MotM performance for me. 🙂

238. Red Arnie says:

GN5 and Herb. Such a fantastic game, clearly a team improving from last year’s performances, at least in the PL. What are we unhappy about! 😦

239. Red Arnie says:

Brilliant pics, GiE. I am sure the young boys had a great time. 🙂

240. Red Arnie says:

This is where we were today

241. Red Arnie says:

And this is where I watched the game. Lovely atmosphere, great beers.

242. Herb's Army says:

GunnerN5

Apologies, one more thing.
    People on here are on your side.
    Even before today’s game, if there was a poll on here, Arsene – In or Out – it’s no competition. But you’ve been on here long enough to know who’s who, barely an Arsene detractor in sight. This is one of the most pro-Arsene blogs out there, and it has staunchly kept the faith where just about everyone else had given up.
    For that reason alone, you shouldn’t let a stray nay-sayer get to you.
    It’s not you that has to try and articulate a decent argument to a queue of irked bloggers.
    But life is too short for this perpetual nonsense, we both love The Arsenal, and there are far more important things in the world.

Brilliant picture, GiE.

243. Red Arnie says:

come on, Herb, a great day, a great game, a great victory. Let us celebrate the obvious progress (at least over the corresponding game last season and the one before). Let us celebrate with a highly deserved drink.

Cheers.

244. Red Arnie says:

Raddy, just to point out a small typo. When you said: “We … could go up to 3rd with a win”, surely you menat 2nd. Right! 😛

245. Herb's Army says:

Hi Arnie

Completely agree, a great day indeed.
    The day Arsene roared back at his critics (including me), but I am more than happy to be proved wrong.
    We’ve owed Utd for a long time, and that was fantastic.
    As Peaches says, people are well aware of my feelings, and people don’t need to be constantly reminded, especially when it causes such angst. But for once, it felt great to be proved wrong today.
    Goodnight all.
    The Arsenal family rest very contentedly tonight.

Nice comment Herb.

I’m still happy.

Bet there were crisps everywhere seven minutes after KO

Re Herb and GN5
    I’m 100% behind Peaches and Rasp
    We’re grown ups
    Of course hope you both stay. No further comment
    I

Ahh LB, what a pleasant surprise. I was expecting you

T’was I wot said that about Martial, and I’m right and you’re wrong 🙂

Two seasons ago I said Theo was our most valuable player. I was right then.

So, to the present day, Theo or Alexsis gets injured. Would you like Martial around, if not who, because we’d be very very short of pace and quality up top

So there 🙂 🙂

Honest I’d do some Match Feelings, but have to leave with wife early getting stitches out, so tho f all to do, I’ll be on mobile in 15 mins

sorry 😦

252. Morning girls…… that’s aimed at GN5 and Herb 🙂

I’m not sure which is the better view here….

CURRENT TOP FIVE:
    Man City
    Arsenal
    United
    Palace
    Leicester

CURRENT BOTTOM FIVE:
    Chelsea
    WBA
    Villa
    Sunderland
    Newcastle

I’m still buzzing from yesterday…. shame GN5 and Herb couldn’t shake hands and forgive after such a great day for the Gunners, no matter what views they have about Wenger.

Louis van Gaal: ‘When we win at Arsenal everyone will believe we can win the title’

255. Video of Le Coq celebrating the Sanchez goal

7.43

Wrighty on periscope in moderation.

I’ve released you chas 🙂

Loving all the vids 🙂 There is no limit to our joy this morning, let’s hope everyone can celebrate it as NB69 says

Rambo missed a sitter, yes, but don’t let that detract from his massive contribution in goals 1 and 3,
    That Sanchez flick in goal 2 – purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 🙂

Micky

If Walcott and Sanchez get injured we have a chap called Wellbeck who might be able to do a job up front if pushed. Now if all three were fit would Martial be selected, on that basis why would he want to come to Arsenal and what’s more why would Wenger want to buy him?

Tis not a question as to whether you or I is right, tis a fact that Arsene Wenger is right.

For the first goal, I love how De Gea is waiting for the crossed ball without realising Sanchez is motoring up behind him.

And a word on Gary Neville who so many were lording because of his supposed insightfulness into Arsenal. For those who are not aware it consisted of singing United’s praises for their preparation and belittling Arsenal’s which is tantamount to belittling Arsene Wenger for his preparation.

So Gary, who is right now?

I smiley face you LB 😎

Gary Neville is a tosser.

His comment on the Costa ban.

Look at this about the same incident – the idiot doesn’t know the difference between your and you’re. 🙂

That’s better, normal service is being resumed. They are manu fans and we don’t like them and we are Arsenal fans and of course we are proud of that.

I have put off work long enough. Anon

I like Gary Neville 🙂 By far the best telly punit around. He was singing praises for Arsenal during the game yesterday. if you rather listen to Thierry Henry than it is your choice, I grew to dislike the boring Frenchie, the commentator

Ok, lets have a look at Henry fondling Carragher again…

It was absolutely superb to see the lovely Mrs GIE, the lovely George, the lovely Harry, the lovely Peaches and, of course, the lovely Mr GIE before the game yesterday.
    All part of a wonderful day out. 🙂

p.s. the crisps were good, too.

OMG, the penguin is brilliant 🙂 🙂 I didn’t know how to celebrated the goals, especially the first one so I was running in circles in the house, bumping into furniture and screaming insanely… I am a tad embarrassed today 🙂 But I might do one more circle now

Good Morning to the Good Guys, 🙂

As to the post-match Post, we need someone who can carry off a report with a certain cachet – like Kelsey has often done – and ask Rasper, who did not see the game to write the essay – well it worked for Crystals – and unlike him we are not asking Rasper to write it before the game was played! 😀

but you didn’t share this brilliant day with us, did you? Mean monster

GN5,

You are far too savvy to let the actions of someone else dictate what you choose to do.

I too, would join with those hoping to see you and your Posts back on here soon – like today. 🙂

Chas,

You probably get bored with always being thanked for your vids, but despite that I have to say ‘thank you’ for today’s batch, and you now have company with other AA’ers adding their excellent selections. 😀

278. Red Arnie says:

Motning all. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Micky. Are we grown ups? Really? 🙂

279. Red Arnie says:

Alexis and Theo are not going to get injured. They may lose goal-scoring form at some point. In which case, there is always Giro. la la la Giro!!!! 😛

280. RC78 says:

– First and foremost – excellent win 🙂
    – Second – what a scintillating first half – not only because of the goals and the chances and the fluid play but because for the first time in years (2004), I have seen a team of hungry players ready to fight from beginning to the end to get a result.
    – Third – Although it is hard to admit, Ramsey is proving to be our best player on the right flank despite the fact that he is even better in the center of the pitch.
    – Fourth – Sanchez is back and Walcott is having a good time playing up front.
    – Fifth – When Coquelin and Cazorla step up their game defensively, our team just oozes confidence and flair
    – Sixth – Ozil can be a real class act for us if he plays like yesterday day in day out
    – Seventh – LVG got it all wrong tactially. I mean – why would he leave Schnederlin (his best DM) on the bench?
    – 8th – Cech has again done us favors thanks to his saves 🙂

Ox and Giroud are good to come from the bench when we lead because they add steel and also Ox, when given space, is just outstanding.

Now – let us not get over excited and let us not talk about EPL title because we are far from being a consitantly good team…However, given the fact that City, Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool are struggling to keep form as well, this may be a good year to step up our game…

COYG!

281. Morning oh happy ones 🙂

Does anyone feel like writing something? If not maybe RC78’s comment above could be used ………… what d’ya think?

Still very happy.Make that very, very happy. As was written earlier that was probably the best 25 minutes we have played in recent times against quality opposition.

MU had over €100m of new signings on the pitch and they were blown away.

Sad to read about Rodgers. I really hope they do not get Klopp as I think he is a fantastic manager who is ideally suited to the Scousers.

283. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Its 20 minute spells like this morning’s that make it worth getting up for. Then shut them out in the 2nd half.

GG. Hope all is good in Tasy

Peaches. I have no time, so if it is OK with RC78 we should use his comment.

Morning all

Now now we don’t need these spats do we, especially after such a wonderful win.
    Herb I am not one of two of the elder statesmen on here actually 😉 I am jusy falling apart and have a few pieces missing.You have always been consistent in your views and actually so have I.

GN5 my friend your contribution to AA is unique and invaluable, do I have to say more.

Pity the Rodgers sacking took top billing on a day when everything clicked for us, we were certainly up for it and we had the pleasure of seeing not one but three well worked goals.

I think it might be prudent if possible to get one or two more moderators, but to be fair generally things go along quite smoothly.

288. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all, One in nuts should we need it, if you have one, use that as mine is from emotion.

I see we have a couple of decent bloggers at loggerheads, feelings have been hurt that seems obvious. I may have been a part of that and i have apologised, you two bloggers need to listen to the admin bury the hatchet and enjoy the blogg. We all get touchy but were adults and we are Arsenal supporters. You both bring a lot to the blog, i will be upset if either of you leave as i am sure many others will. Enjoy the day.

289. Manthan says:

Good Morning all,

Rodgers sacking is justified. He spent around 300 million and still his team finished only once in top 4. He was a great tactician but sadly he was worst a TM. Most of the players he bought were either not good enough or were not fitting his system.. Though BR is good manager…

Hi Kelsey, the best form of moderation is self moderation. If we get involved in arguments we may be perceived as taking sides or just as being dictatorial – it’s best that folks just ‘play nicely’ as peaches would put it 🙂

291. The Cockie Monster says:

Chas, Ant and `69er have no idea of what being in moderation is !…………………..impossible with an intravenous drip from a keg of lager !.

292. RC78 says:

you can use the previous comment as a post…you do not need to ever ask me, just do it when needed 🙂

293. OK, i’m on it ………… back in a bit

Raddy whilst Klopp may be suited to Pool from a similarity to Dortmund perspective, I think the problem he will face is that when he took over Dortmund there were zero expectations, they had spent a ton of money and were on the brink of collapse, he was prepared to grow the team with little investment and the current Dortmund position is through many years of development, Liverpool clearly need to start from bottom up, and that’s doable of you already have a successful side or the money to buy those players you need and therefore time for the manager, but Liverpool fans want CL football, they want titles and trophies, much like fans of many other clubs, problem is they seem to fail to realise that over the last ten/twenty years something went wrong on the production line and they can no longer rely on the academy to produce the players they need? And they are not prepared to wait for their return to (what they see as their rightful place) so the club keeps buying players mad reproaching managers but there is no real understanding of what needs to be done throughout the whole club.

Klopp either needs time to rebuild, or will not take the job in my opinion. It is a very different job having expectation or

295. New Post everyone …………………..

Sorry GiE

OK, Raddy, ready to be copied and deleted.

A small one this time – written in despair at the lack of understanding by some of these disc jockey wannabes.

Arsene’s fantastic Vision of Beautiful Football

The wonderful result of the game against Manyoo last weekend has given a very welcome boost to the Arsenal fans’ morale, and allowed a certain justifiable smugness to permeate the air on Arsenal blogs — and not before time.

However it was not just the superb result that warmed the cockles of many a heart, it was also the way the team played and the captivating style of total football that was on show for all the world to see.

Where did this performance come from? Was it a one off? Will we treasure it and hold it to our manly chests as we quickly return to the old slip slop ways of yore?

Not if Arsene Wenger has his way!

Looking back for quite an extended period, we can see that there have been constant criticisms of Arsene for his dilatory decisions in not addressing the perceived weaknesses in the team last summer —
    where is the desperately needed holding midfielder we need?
    Many have asked that question, seemingly year on year, season on season to be truthful? There have also been anguished pleas for a top, top centre forward to be acquired. And while we are at it, why are our full backs encouraged to frequently desert their defensive duties and hare upfield in support of the attack?
    Questions, questions.

On the face of it, the above appear to be a hotchpotch list of gripes that have resulted in the anger of the fans fulminating from time to time into outright animosity when results have not gone our way, and led to many despairing of Arsene ever changing his spots.

This suppurating anger of some fans has not been helped by Wenger appearing to refuse to explain his vision, his strategy and his tactics to us, or even to agree to be accountable to the fans according to some, and, if true, it is a pity as it would perhaps allow us to understand his apparent reluctance to caulk over the defensive and attacking holes in his team by buying suitably qualified players and addressing the issues.
    Of course no one has satisfactorily explained why he should have to explain everything he does – that would make him a hostage to fortune.

However, Arsene, like many highly intelligent men when confronted with seemingly incomprehensible angst by others regarding what appears to him to be a straightforward situation, sometimes shows an inability to understand why there is even a problem, when his vision, motives and methodology are so obvious to him.

The answer to why he does certain things lies, I believe, in his vision of the beautiful game. Football, so he believes, is not broken down into the micro or macro analysis of defence and attack, he really does see the game as being one unified, flowing, seamless whole. To him there is no need to assign specific responsibilities to one type of player or the other, because the whole team need to be capable of defending and attacking as one smoothly efficient working unit.

Every Wenger team is expected to play in a certain way — his way — conforming to his vision, and to hell with worrying about the opposition. He wants to win, and win beautifully, by playing football as a form of art with each honed cog of the team working like a perfectly functioning and exquisite Rolex, or a Blequet or a Hublot watch, and stuff the Timex teams acceptable to the other clubs.

Therein lies the problem. Most fans want to win trophies to give them bragging rights, and it matters not to them if it was the result of a fluke deflection off someone’s ass, or a bad refereeing decision, or playing against 10 men or whatever advantage the Gods happen to throw at them.
    A win is a win, is a win, innit?

But maybe Arsene needs to promote and explain his vision to the fans better, and to reassure them that he does indeed want to win trophies, and to win them in a style that would make them proud to support a club who foster such a vision of perfection — a vision of playing the beautiful game.

Arsene also needs to appreciate, although I know he does already, that every Rolex or Hublot needs to have the very best of materials to hit the amazingly high standards of perfection they aspire to, and so too does his Arsenal team.

Buying the very best players possible for his team, and leaving others to worry about the cost of doing so, is an essential requirement which not only will make his vision for beautiful football at Arsenal more achievable, but also marry up his desires with those of the loyal fans who crave success and would give their unstinting support to this magnificent project if they could see this in action.

There are very many of us who would love to see this man reach his visionary goal before he eventually retires, and not appear in the annals of history as just another footballing Don Quixote futilely tilting at windmills.
    And not just for his sake, but also for the sakes of those of us who have supported Arsenal all our lives, and will do so until the end, but would love to thrust out our chests and brag ‘we saw Arsene Wenger, and the Invincibles team – and we also saw beautiful football from the New Warriors when we won the EPL and the Champions League!’

It’s coming!!