At last, the transfer period has ended and we now know our squad. It is important here to highlight 2 key points:
- Although we did not make much money from our outgoing players, we did let a lot of players go and sometimes very elegantly like with Bellerin but some departures (AMN especially) might bight us back in the behind
- We did recruit proven EPL players, which confirms Edu-Arteta’s wish to have players that are EPL ready from the on-set but we did not manage to get 2 players we needed to complete our squad: a DM/CM and a FW. Hopefully we will be ok…
Here is our squad:
- RAMSDALE, Turner as our GK
- TOMY, Cedric at RB
- SALIBA, White, GABRIEL, Holding at CB
- ZINCHENKO, Tierney at LB
- PARTEY, El Neny, XHAKA, Sambi at DM/CM
- ODE, Emile, Vieira at CAM
- SAKA, Marquinhos, MARTINELLI, Reiss-Nelsson at FW
- JESUS, Nketiah at CF
Apparently, we are also about to extend Saka to our longer deal so this is great news for us!
Our objective is clearly to finish in the Top 4, to do well in domestic and European Cups.
Our season started well with 5 wins but we have already lost Partey (AGAIN!) and Mo to injury, which makes us thin at DM/CM. We also have let AMN go although he could have helped out in these positions and we have loaned out Patino so…We tried to get D. Luiz but unfortunately, we could not reach a deal with Villa and it seems that our interest in Tielemans cooled down in the end…As for FW, Pepe left and we let Balogun on loan. Marquinhos and RN are our back up to Saka and Martinelli and no offense to them but they are not giving the best guarantees as of yet so we may be a bit short if Saka or Martinelli get injured…luckily we have Vieira and ESR that could also deputize there but not their main role, really…
So are we well equipped or under-equipped for this season?