The Emery job at Arsenal: Easy or hard?

Here on AA yesterday there was a discussing between FGG (who knows an awful lot about football), and Erik.

Naturally they disagreed, but I thought the topic was interesting. Does Emery have a difficult task ahead to improve The Arsenal.

FGG felt we had a fallen quite a way behind the top four, and using this as a barometer, amazingly I’d side with Erik. We all remember how Arsene transformed Arsenal into double winners in his first full season, and despite the fact I know how seismically the footballing landscape has changed, I do believe that we are looking at tweaks rather than having to deploy the surgical scalpel.

The baseline for evaluating improvement is the point at which you begin, and in our case, that’s winning nothing and finishing above The Burnley.

Next point is that one of the major obstacles in previous season’s was the fact that Arsene appeared from the outside to have too many roles to be hugely effective at any one of them. The Club have clearly recognised, and addressed, this weakness. Bearing in mind I believe the effects of that division of responsibilities has already become fruitful by way of our January transfer activities, leaving Emery to be more focused on the footballing side.

Finally, few would disagree that we have an exceedingly talented squad, together with two or three very promising younger players, which should provide the continuity so vital to progress. Also very unusually, most can agree about the obvious areas to strengthen, so I doubt the Arsenal recruitment team will be far away from seeing the same needs.

His biggest challenges? Team structure and understanding of responsibilities within the Emery system, defensive organisation, and our away form.

Great, just the 2-3 players short, then 🙂

Written by MickyDidIt89

123 Responses to The Emery job at Arsenal: Easy or hard?

one correct 🙂

Hi Micky,

Needing only 2/3 new players made be understating our problem, our defensive style/tactics are just woeful and IMHO need a complete overhaul. I don’t feel that any of our current defense are safe and that we need to look at reinforcing/replacing all of the back four.

Next up would be a good look at our defensive mid-fielders, I feel that our current mid-field aspire more toward offense and fall short on defense their responsibilities.

Lastly I really like Jack but I cannot see us offering him a new contract and the savings in his salary will be used to supplement the overall cost of our new additions.

Great work, thanks Micky.

Yes the new guy can make great strides without changing any personnel. We were badly under-coached with an ethos of we’ll just go out there and express ourselves …. the high press of all the top teams destroyed that doctrine … and the PTB of the lesser teams was also successful in thwarting our one approach strategy.

From what I read, Emery is the polar opposite. He believes in micro management and in dissecting the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition … some of our players are in for a culture shock!!!

So Easy to improve … not so easy to get back into the top 4 because of the greater strength of pool and the spuds … and the chavs will be stronger next season.

As far as buying players goes, I’d like to see some sales to fund better quality purchases. I wouldn’t shed a tear if Mustafi or Ospina left, and its possible we could lose one or both of Wilshere and Ramsey.

We go into dreamland every TW when it comes to new players, my wish list would comprise a GK, CB (or two), DM, and if Ramsey goes a top quality creative central midfielder … not asking much 🙂

I also hope M-N and Mavropanos can force their way into being first team regulars next season.

easy task?? To make a bunch of losers into a winning team? Sorry guys, but we have one good player, that’s it – one. The rest are poor or very poor. No guts to start with, even if they are talented. No defence, old goalie ready for the knackers yard, strikers that cannot find the net and the lonely figure of Ozil.

Any new manager would get rid of ‘promising talent’ who seldom turns into anything but shite and replace 70% of the squad with players who want to play.

Mind you, Ox was going backwards with us and found his feet at Pool, so perhaps the problem is not with the players.

Great, well paid prestigious job, but easy? ffs

I think Emery’s job is a fairly straightforward one.
    I also think we’ll be in the top 4 again next May.

We finished 12 points out of the top 4 and lost a ridiculous 13 times. No way will that number of defeats and goals conceded be allowed to happen again.

Turn half a dozen of those defeats into victories and we’d finish above Man U on goal difference.

This time next year we’ll be millionaires!

Eddie. You say that we are a bun ch of losers – what did Liverpool win this season or Man Utd. Or Spurs.

Top 4? So what – isn’t a trophy is it? 😀

“This time next year we’ll be millionaires!” 😀 😀

The Ox played well for the dippers for a couple of months before getting the inevitable injury.

This exact same scenario happened in his Arsenal career precisely six times.

Each time he comes back from injury, he’s back to mediocre again.

8. fred1266 says:

which one eddie lol

raddy – all liverpool, manu and spurs won more games than us. 2 of them reached finals. All will play in CL. I think we did not do as well as any of them. Agreed?

One good player – ffs.

I see the ‘4th place is not a trophy brigade’ have completely changed their tune now we are not in it for two seasons!

Eddie. Perhaps you have forgotten that we reached a final and the semi-final of a European trophy this season.

Whilst it may be true that we had our worst season for 20 years in the league we remain a very good side and will do well in future.

I echo Chas’ 5.57

14. fred1266 says:

don’t forget we reached a finals aswell

15. fred1266 says:

What has Ox really done still injury prone and make a few assist to a player who scores for fun

this boy loves himself 🙂

Eddie. It is the Greatest Love of All and difficult to achieve

Ah ha, the overseas fashion sense again

5:53 Erik ????

I’ll go with an early flight

Mercury, a bird and The Beetles…..really bad start, Chas

In fact, you must be winding me up, which I guess makes it understandable 🙂

all of you are up nice and early today. What for? Dismal weather, no football, militant vegan crime on the rise, Italy in crisis, nothing good or worth getting up for.

let’s see if Hector bought any new outfits…

Italy crisis?

Have you gone mad Eddie 🙂

They’ll bring the EU down and I will throw a fuck off big party 🙂

Eddie

Perhaps you could chair the Hector’s Wardrobe Workshop 🙂

i wish 🙂 But i happy just to admire Hector and his impeccable sartorial taste. It takes guts you know to wear what you like, feck what everybody else thinks. Good on him!!

yeah, I think there is a political crisis in Italy. They have no government and 2 parties that were supposed to form a coalition have opposing views – eurosceptics and hardcore europeans. Tricky that one 🙂

i am investigating the watch hector is wearing.

And this vid. Remember Peaches’ post that our players don’t eat enough red meat??!! Well, she could have crippled the team. watch this:

Abu Dabbi could have been ok if Hector took charge of his diet

You are right Micky. It was an early morning transfer of guests to the airport. 😀

Italy has always had mad politics primarily because they are not naturally a country, rather a group of States thrown together 150 years ago. The North hates the South,

Then there is the corruption and the Mafia who effectively run the country.

raddy – name a country where the north doesn’t have the south, or vice versa

Looking at the first line of Micky’s Post this morning I was struck by some fighting talk — “yesterday there was a discussing between FGG (who knows an awful lot about football), and Erik” a succinct sentence from which I gather that FGG is knowledgeable about football – and Raddy …… isn’t.

Is there going to be a duel? fisticuffs? kiss chase? who will win? 😀

Then I found myself cast into fandom darkness with another comment — “few would disagree that we have an exceedingly talented squad” so there we have it — I am ‘one of the few’ – not a superb spitfire pilot – but one of those who thinks we have a squad with many weaknesses both in terms of ability and psychologically.

Still we are taking steps to correct this, and are on the verge of announcing that we are about to recruit a 30 y.o. CB for peanuts, and a pensioner RB for free. That’s OK – at least with all these new Heads of Recruitment, Scouting and Contract negotiators (especially the latter).

In the meantime Manure are stretching their financial muscles with an opening bid of £121 million for Bale, Man City are on the brink of signing Mahrez for a bit of pocket money (for them) £75m ahead of further purchases — and these two clubs who finished 1st and 2nd in the EPL think their squads are not good enough (tho many think City have the best squad who have ever played in this country.

We won’t even talk about ‘Pool – runners up in the CL – who are already said to have bought class players in Fathima and Keita, and then there is Chelsea and Spurs — oh, sod them – but we have also set our sights high too, as mentioned above – presumably because the BoD agree with Micky’s assessment.

I can say this because I am one of The Few and no one will even notice! 😀

RA

A ‘discussing’ was, and always will be, a ‘discussion’ but I’ve never been one for the detail 🙂

RA

Re the guts of your comment

I do get your assessment of the squad to a degree, however, I do wonder whether two or three apparent “ok performers” might prove to be considerably better under different management, both in terms of the system and roles they’re deployed in, as well as the psychology to which you referred

I am sure Micky, in no way, meant that I have less foottballing nous than FGG 😀

I maintain, as does the post, that the addition of a proper defensive system is the key to next season. We are very well served in the attacking areas having players who do not need the level of unity of purpose that the defence requires.

Hopefully Emery will focus upon this obvious problem area.

Easy or Hard? Easy. Just give George Graham a call.

Eddie. Re N/S. You are right though sometimes (as here) it is E/W

Erik

I was rather shaken to learn from GN5 that we need a whole new back four. I was hoping we could get away with just one fast brute of a CB and a wee bit of tinkering.

Micky I agree. A quality CB with experience and a back up RB should Hector blow up.

Then …. tactics

38. VP of Oz says:

E/W in Aust

E/W in my own home at the moment, VP, if you get my drift 🙂

40. VP of Oz says:

I read Sokratis Papastathopoulos, I think Sock Puppet

Who the heck is Sok Pap anyway?

Wow, looked him up, a giant greek cb with a neck like a bull

Okedoke, defence sorted

2 Greek CB’s. Now we know why Transplant has been so busy. Top man.

44. VP of Oz says:

Micky, at my home its about being in the way of the kids all the time. Sometimes I go to bed just for some lie down space and read, as all the couches are taken, tvs are both on, wifi being throttled etc.
    Ah for the kids to move out one day

Micky/Big Erik

I think we three gallant commenters are broadly singing from the same song sheet, joking aside, especially as the Arsenal are never likely to compete with those clubs who have spendthrift owners.

It goes without saying that I am somewhat disappointed that a duel betwixt the pair of you will not be held — perhaps a compromise ‘tickling showdown’ between you, could be arranged in Viking Denmark or Creamy Cornwall — and it may well speed up my recovery – provided I do not die laughing! 😀

BR – I have been watching ‘The Last Kingdom’ on Netflix, and I can only say your adopted kinsmen were very naughty boys way back when!!! 😀

RA
    Never ever quote me on facts, but I reckon our net spend recently must exceed some of the teams above us, so let’s get selling so we can boost the cash out column 🙂

VP
    I know exactly what you mean 🙂

47. Herb's Army says:

Great question, Micky, which I shall address after a quick caveat.

After all the histrionics, all the bad feeling and emotional words, Arsenal are under new management, and whilst we all have passionate opinions about who or what is best for our club, it is time to look forward, perhaps with a pinch of hope, because most of that which bitterly divided the fan-base is behind us and for better or worse has been resolved. Nobody is perfect, and lively, interesting debate will always bring disagreement, but the disagreements going forward will have a very different tone to those of the recent past, and are already showing a lot of positivity.
    If I’m not welcome here, I’m sure people won’t be shy in letting me know, personally, I’d just like to wipe the slate clean, but if anyone has any objections that’s fine too. I’d like to think I’ve learned a few valuable lessons from my early days of blogging, but you can be the judge of this.

Nice one Micky, and not an easy one to provide a definitive answer.
    I’ll be honest, I wanted Ancelotti (based purely on his CL winning CV), but I’m happy that Ivan has identified a manager with some real pedigree.
    Arsenal have plenty of catching up to do, and this will not be done in the short-term future.
    As life-long die-hards, it’s about dreaming and wanting to believe the sky’s the limit, but Arsenal fans aren’t allowed those dreams because the club’s current business-model has to a degree been our kryptonite, which as we know has caused much jealousy, resentment and permanent frothing of the gills.
    But with the right people, it is quite possible to make Arsenal real contenders again, if proof of this were needed we only have to look at the examples of Liverpool and Tottenham. Over the past few years, both clubs have done sterling work in the transfer-market, and it has paid off handsomely. If Arsenal are to continue with the self-financing programme, we need to be as efficient and effective as those two clubs with our expenditure.
    But the club has to give Unai Emery every chance to succeed, provide the canvass for him to work his magic.
    We’re not PSG, but we are more than comparable with Sevilla, where he won three consecutive Europa League titles, the last of which was against Klopp’s Liverpool, and that should offer us all cause for a little excitement.
    He has to be given time, at least two years, and we need to keep our expectations realistic in view of current circumstances, but there are plenty of good noises coming from the club, and there’s a tangible feel-good factor, so I’m genuinely excited about the next chapter.
    I think he joins the club at an opportune time, but it will be no cake-walk.
    So a mixture of both. Strong European record v. No PL experience, and a remit to re-establish Arsenal among the front-runners.
    It could be a white-knuckle ride, and one we should all embrace with seat-belts firmly attached.

Herb, as long as everyone is polite, all are welcome on AA.

An advantage both Spurs and L’pool have had is the ability to sell players whom they bought cheap for huge money. L’pool with Suarez and Coutinho (and Salah to come). Spurs with Bale, Walker etc etc.

We just haven’t developed that calibre of player, at least not since RvP and Cesc.

It is time we did. Bellerin can improve, M-N has potential but buying players over 28 y.o. is not the best long-term plan and very different to a few years ago.

49. RC78 says:

It all depends on expectations – if the expectation is to win the League in the first two years, it is a hard one even if we buy 2-3 players.

If the expectation is Top 4, a national Cup or a European Cup – then it is ambitious but can be done IF we get 2-3 players to improve our squad.

Emery is a tactician and he is also a very animated/passionate coach so if the team responds well, we could see a team that is very hungry for the ball when it loses possession and very effective when it comes to move the ball towards goal.

I think that we need
    – A CB
    – A back up RB
    – A DM
    – A FW that can play on the wings

so it is 4 players including 2 for the first team (CB, DM) and 2 to bulk up the squad.

From the rumours, it seems that we are targeting experienced players with tough/rough game:

– CB – Sokratis, solid CB and happy to get into fights with teammates and opponents
    – Back up RB – Lichtensteinger, solid RB and also happy to play dirty
    – DM – so far we hear Nzonzi but don t be surprised if we get someone else, maybe a better ball handler than Nzonzi than can break lines through passes. Someone like Vidal or Naingollan
    – FW – no rumours as of yet but seems that Perez would be welcome back by Emery

I think the most important job for Emery is to off-load some players
    – GK: one of them has to leave to make space for a good GK
    – CB. Mustafi, Chambers, Holding, Jenkinson – at least one has to go, if not 2
    – AM: What to do with Campbell? Iwobi? Adelaide?Dragomir?
    – FW: What about Wellbeck? Akpom? Lucas?

He will have to off-load players that do not bring much to the squad and that will also bring us cash:

– Mustafi if we get a new CB
    – Jenkinson if we get a new RB
    – Chambers or Holding on loan
    – Iwobi
    – Dragomir and Adelaide on loan
    – Campbell if we get a new FW
    – Akpom and Lucas out

Anyways – I think we can manage a cup next year, which one I am not sure

Ooo I say Herb

Just read your first sentence, so while you get your cravat on, I’ll pop upstairs and get me smoking jacket

Back in a mo

51. RC78 says:

I am not a fan of Emery because he is the coach that let us lose 6-1 at the Camp Nou but I think he is a good appointment for Arsenal.

Ok, ready.

Great read Herb and the only point I’d question was the one Erik already raised ie you mentioned expenditure, and I was thinking income/sales, but Erik, now operating on a par with FGG, nailed it

RC, Bonjour

Are we likely to see a larger number in the ‘Goals For’ column? Deadly serious question

RA. As I understand it, Mr Didit resides in Devon. Had he been a Cornisher I may have more respect for the young man.

Micky 6.13. This comment definitely raises my respect for you back to its previous level

RC. Do you think that PSG are now a bigger club than Arsenal?

Just because they have bought both some famous names and the French title for a few seasons, I think AFC are the bigger and better club – especially now Ibra is no longer there.

Once Neymar joins RM and Mbappe leaves for MC, we will see how impressive they are

For what is worth, I agree with Radster @ 5:41.

Politeness should be a given in the blog world, but it is relatively rare, tho I do not include AA in that.

I happen to think that Herb’s assessment @ 4:55 is pretty much spot on.

My own take is that Emery Board will have to successfully negotiate the first few weeks, with more wins than losses, otherwise the blog assassins will be on his case pretty sharply.

BR, as regards the Mickish home base being in Devon, he never mentioned my mistake, if you are correct – which you probably are – so he probably does not know which county he lives in – it’s just by the coast innit, and he can dress in a neoprene phallic wetsuit to go terrifying the fish. 😀

BR,

I suspect that some will see PSG as a ‘big club’ because of their owners willingness to spend the commensurate ‘big’ money, and in that respect they can buy MBappe, Neymar etc — players we can only dream about.

But ‘Big” is more than that. It involves class, and history, and the millions of fans that support a club (in this case the Arsenal) throughout the world.

Things change – and maybe if PSG continue as they are, they might well overtake the Arsenal, but that is a long way down the road, and in the meantime we might very well become trophy winners again under a new manager, and that will change the dynamics.

Fingers crossed.

You lot are probably all in bed by now, so I will say ‘nite, nite’ and retire myself too. 🙂

RA

Devon, Cornwall, again petty detail, and you know where I stand on that sort of thing, however it’s too unbearable to have to confess that Erik might be right twice in the same day

60. RC78 says:

micky – goals will be flowing if the team responds well to Emery s tactics. The guy is obsessed with having high scoring teams.

BR – I think that PSG is a big club but it is hard to say whether it is bigger than Arsenal. The world fanbase of Arsenal is much bigger and the brand Arsenal is much bigger too. Arsenal s history is much bigger too. The stadium is better….but if you look at the squads and the purchasing power (although PSG will be hit by FFP soon), I think PSG is catching up. Marquinhos, Verratti, Rabiot, Neymar, Mbappe and Cavani would walk straight into our current team and chances are that Draxler would as well. That still leaves out Meunier, Alves, Di Maria…Overall, I think PSG is catching up but the gap is thinning and I think that if both teams met in the CL, the chances of a PSG win are not so slim anymore

Oh RC, obsessed with high scoring teams is the most beautiful music mine ears have heard about the new boss.

Flowing goals, I cannot wait for the new season. I shall poof up the cushions on the comfy armchair this minute!

62. Herb's Army says:

Agreed BR, good manners and respect are the cornerstone of humanity.
    I agree with your 6.50pm, Arsenal are a bigger, better club than PSG, they were only formed in 1970, and are owned by the Arab State who are obsessed with buying the CL. Their vast wealth has killed Live 1 as a competition, they’re not so much a sporting entity as financial bullies, winning not through greater wit or tactical genius, purely by financial exploitation. In reality it is no different to those athletes who get banned for ‘doping’. How many £billions does a club have to spend before they are called out for cheating?
    Or have we completely done away with sporting principles?
    Similar could be said of City too, under similar ownership, wealth beyond imagination, and with the manager PSG most cherish.
    Naturally, Guardiola has taken City and PL football to a whole new level, but with the possible exception of United, no other club can compete with their bottomless pit.
    Mourinho has a huge challenge, the most defining of his whole managerial career. If he falls short next season he’ll be gone.
    If I could copy any clubs blue-print for Arsenal, it would be Liverpool’s. Their virtual dominance both domestically and for a few years in Europe stands out as the greatest achievement of any English club. Real Madrid aside, their record in Europe is up there with the best of the rest. Bill Shankly built a spirit at Liverpool that is now part of their DNA, and I have to confess, I’m a little envious of that.
    Their achievements stand above United’s simply because United have always been known to be England’s biggest club and always flex their financial muscle as and when required. In short, Liverpool’s success in the 1970’s/80’s was more organic, United’s was practically bought. Liverpool’s was structurally built over years of dedicated passion for the cause.
    I would love Arsenal to be built on similar values.
    Arsenal are a massive club with a global following, a new dawn beckons, and the appointment of Unai Emery is a statement to let everyone know we’re back in the game.
    Always a pleasure to read your Post’s, Micky.

Have we signed anyone yet?

Blimey, no Xhaka. Did The Swiss qualify?

Must get a chart

The illustrious Breakfast Club has lost some gilded members over the years — but it still has two ‘orrible characters in you two, Erik the Guide and Micky the neoprene Seal.

I’m staying in bed until you recruit Terry the Terrible to lighten the day!! 😀

RA. We workers need something to lighten our load before venturing forth

good comments from Herb, I agree about Liverpool, Arabs ruining the competition (probably deliberately), success of Tottenham and all the rest actually 🙂
    yes, surprisingly Kroenke showed for once that he means business, the appointment of Emery indicates that we want a top manager to to do a top job at the top Club. Nice to see all right.

And, funnily enough there were very few comments about our new Boss from the Spurs loving neighbours, I think they are scared, really scared 🙂

chas @6:45 – is that true? Are those players not in World Cup? How come?

Eddie

Re the Chas list and your why not going

Playing for Wales, Armenia, Gabon and Greece doesn’t help, and nor does being crap 🙂

Armenia, of course! Gabon? that’d be Aube. Greece aint in world cup? ha, didn’t know that, wasn’t in the Daily Mail

shit, Greece are not in the Eurovision song finals either!!

72. VP of Oz says:

Eddie, Eurovision is over for this year. We start again for 2019. Maybe Australia will win it next year. Bring on Sia and a dancing Maddie Ziegler

ha ha ha 🙂 is it over?? I wouldn’t know, not my cup of tea

Be careful what you wish for VP. Irish kept winning it some years ago and it costed them a fortune to host it over and over again. In the end they did not want to win it

ZeeZee resigned. I knew it. They will want Poch now, I knew it too.

no, Poch signed 5 year deal at spurs last week. Even I can be wrong sometimes

I was right i think. poch saw Real winning the CL and thought that ZZ would definitely stay to bask in the glory. So he signed a 5 year death sentence and now is sick to his back teeth ha ha ha

Eddie, You wrong? Surely not 😱

If RM want Poch he will leave Spurs. Better job, more money, better players +++

Could AW go to Madrid? Would be a brilliant end to his managerial career

oooooh, you might be on to something Raddy

maybe, maybe, I think it would be good for both – RM and AW.

No, Pochettino is actually a nice guy and he would not ditch the Scum weeks after he signed a new contract. No way

Quality Micky.

It’s an easy job that will no doubt turn out to be really difficult. Reminds me of a book I was contemplating writing a few years back entitled “The Clothed Civil Servant”, about a guy called Barry who happened to not be homosexual.

I thought it would be easy, but when it came to the scene were Barry was beaten up by a sailor at Portsmouth Docks for been straight and then knicked by the Old Bill for non solicitation I didn’t think the readers would buy it?

The problem for Emery, is like Barry, he may get persecuted for not been bent. Emery needs to be able to bend and mould the team in his image, which after 22 years of Arsene and unfair 1960s style imprisonment, will not be easy.

Easy? Yes, it should be. Arsenal is a great club and destined for the top, but, it will be difficult because the environment needs changing and one thing we know, if implemented changes don’t meld well with the current Arsenal environment or Portsmouth Docks? Then he may get buggered.

The Ghosts of the thirties are stirring

Erik, you try living in an ambulance and you’d find your home crawling with phantoms just as our Transplant does. Heaving with the quivering fellows it is

RC, RC, RC….attention s’il te plait

According to reliable sources on newsnow, we’re about to snap up Yacine Adli from under the noses of Bayern and Real. Thoughts?

I’d be a little worried about the Zidane stories if I was Maureen, and perhaps Conte as well

Abramovitch won’t pay for ZeeZee, he is well pissed off he couldn’t get a visa to enter UK. I think it is hillarious – one of the wealthiest men in the world, owns shit loads of houses, clubs, businesses in UK and he is refused a visa 🙂 classic

86. RC78 says:

Adli is one of the most promising prospect at PSG – has been touted as an exciting talent for ages, can play on the wing and up front. PSG is losing so many great prospects: Dembele and Edouard (Celtic), Zagadou (Dortmund), Augustin (Leipzig)…

Rabiot is keen to leave and maybe Areola as well so that s no good for PSG. I think Nkunku may be tempted to leave as well.

As of Zidane – he is not one to deal with contractual issues. Bale and Ronaldo want to leave Real. I think Ronaldo will go to the US and I think that Bale would be offered to PSG as part of a deal to swap Neymar but PSG will refuse as Bale does not fit our needed.

For Bale, it will depend on the new coach. I think Real will try Pochetinno but will end up with…Conte although he is not their first choice. AW does not have a chance so the only coach that could be accepted by players and fans is Conte as he comes with trophies and personality but he will have to take Guti as his understudy so expect him to be out of a job after 1 year.

As for ZZ, he will be approached after the WC to replace Deschamps.

87. RC78 says:

Ramsey offered 5 years deal and Wilshere to be offered upgraded deal.

Really hope Ramsey signs his contract but much will depend upon his talks with Emery. If there is any doubt, flog him (with a whip)

does Aaron speak spanish 🙂

Emery is a Basque, I admire Basque people. Xabi Alonso is a basque too,

Morning Eddie,

Abramovich has become an Israeli citizen, and they do not need visas to enter the UK — so billionaires can always work their way around ‘obstacles’.

That man, Terry, @ 6:01 last night put his finger on it. Splendid. 😀

Well isn’t that typical? I make an effort to read amusing comments on the Breakfast Club …… and Micky does not show up.

Anyone would think he is running a business in Cornwall … or Devon …. or Dorset ….. well, somewhere. 🙂

Eddie

Basques were great seafarers, but since GPS was invented, I bet they’re a bit shit just like anyone else 🙂

Talking of peoples/tribes, RC mentioned Zidane as next French manager. Would they appoint a Berber who if I remember correctly dedicated his World Cup win to Algeria?

So that’s Basques and Berbers, who’s next. Belgians? 🙂

95. VP of Oz says:

Now that would be exciting, Klopp at RMadrid

ra – i know that, but he still cannot work/do business here. Allegedly he withdrew his application for the uk visa hoping that some pen pusher will lose his job over this situation

micky – i know that, i read the history of cod as you might remember. They are genuinly nice, talented, hard working people with or without TomTom

yours sincerely
    ms know it all.

The History of Cod?? Sounds like a real page turner.

with or without TomTom . ROLF 🙂

It is a fine book Erik as is one called SALT…a history of..

You’d love it. Got vikings, basques, fish and all sorts of shit like that 🙂

sorry Raddy, it is not History but Biography of Cod 🙂 a very good book as it happens, written by Mark Kurlansky, not cod.

Now look here, Miss Daily Mail

It’s called COD: A Biography of the fish that changed the world

So there 🙂

Right, weekend, what’s up? For me, it’s sunny, light winds, warm sea and some gentle fair weather old git level waves for surfing.

you are obsessed with Daily Mail micky 🙂 i really suggest that you try something more entertaining – The Sun has an excellent sports section and page 3 of course, the Guardian most reliable stories and Hallo best gossip

OK.Sounds like a fine book for the summer hols. Which one – Salt or Cod?

I work 7 day weeks until my much needed Italian break

in the total absence of footy perhaps I should write a Biography of Carp

Or…a weekly men’s fashion column entitled “Dress like Bell or Ants”

…and how many lines could you possibly write about Ant’s wardrobe? no, that’s not going to draw in crowds

Men’s fashion is overtaking the female counterpart. Men are buying more expensive clothes now than ever before. And beauty products. what moisturizer are you using lads?

My own son turned up at his father’s funeral wearing a suit that was too tight, too short and had white fabric underneath the collar. I thought it was faulty, but knowing my son it must have been top of the fashion with a price tag that could buy a small car 🙂 Good job he is a handsome devil, otherwise he’d look like a twat

aha, Lads are back

Great vid, and I’ve been reading that Emery needs to choose between Ramsey and Ozil 🙄

Put it this way, if he does and he makes the wrong decision, I’m storming and Emery is on his way back to his cod boat

Titi

Morning All

8.40 Brilliant. Wonder if I can get one for my bicycle

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh

that’s my Bambi!!!!! He loves ice cream, cuddles up with the cat, is scared of the pug. The softest, kindest dog i have ever had. Pitt bulls are half cats, no other explanation for how timid they are

And yet, I get shouted at to have him muzzled and on the lead, criticized for having such dangerous dog, some avoid me (good!! ) because of Bamb’s looks

There is a New Post