Who Do You Believe?

Mr Gazidis stated last week that the BoD had rigourously interviewed 8 candidates prior to employing Mr Emery. He said that all 8 wanted the job right up until the final decision was made and all had been through a full interview process.

Do we really believe this?

Unknown-1.jpeg

Who were the 8? The media say PV4 was approached at the last minute as a token gesture but that at no time was he interviewed for the post. Arteta we know about but the other 6/7?

Dyche? Howe? Seri? Could it have been Allerdyce or Moyes? The chap from Østerlund?

I cannot believe Guardiola or Zidane or Tuschel or any of the top managers who are currently employed by successful Big Clubs would want to take on AFC – despite it being a very attractive and well-paid job.

Conte? Perhaps. Poccettino? It would have been very funny but surely, if Ivan is telling the truth, we would have employed him as Poch would be an excellent choice for us.

Any other candidates?

Or was Ivan’s statement just a fop to the fans  as we took a last minute punt on Emery instead of Arteta?

We will never know

written by Big Raddy

35 Responses to Who Do You Believe?

hm, interesting, thanks raddy

I think Enrique was interviewed, but made huge budget demands. But like you said, who knows. And more importantly who cares.

They resisted the ridiculous proposition from Arteta, that’s good. Emery has lots of cups on his CV, that’s good too,
    Wenger is gone, that’s good too.

Exciting season ahead – excellent. Not much to complain about

I believe in miracles!

I believe for every drop of rain that falls a flower grows.

I believe that in the darkest night a candle glows.

I believe that Gazidis is telling his truth, when Emery was sacked by PSG he wanted him – and sod the rest.

I believe BR is up early to write his Post and deserves our thanks.

I don’t believe in anything else. 😀

the reliable media say it was Enrique, Allegri, Ancellotti, Arteta and Emery. Did Gazidis deliberately chose candidates with names beginning with vowels, just to keep it simple? In that case Allardyce and 2 others A or Es were probably on the list too

Like much else in life, daddy, the appointment of Emery was down to timing.

Arteta was on the cusp of being appointed, but when Emery Board was released by PSG at that moment it was game over.

I do not think for one moment that Conte, Klopp, Moanie, Pochette, Enrique or Uncle Tom Cobley were ever in the running, as Arsenal after 22 years of AW are a poisoned chalice, and the proper “Big Clubs’ are reconciled to spending proper “Big Money” to compete for the top trophies, and any top manager wants to compete on a level financial playing field.

Of course, if a fan does not want the club to spend obscene money to compete, then Mr Kroenke is the owner for you.

Addendum:
    Arsenal released a statement that the Board were unanimously impressed by Emery, and he blew Arteta out of the water – and the job was his.

Good Morning Eddie,

“The reliable media”? Did you mean “the unreliable media aka ‘journalists simply guessing’.

Arsenal are pretty good at keeping their cards close to their chests, and practically everything in the papers was utter tosh – except when the rumours about Wenger being sacked proved to be true.

RA – I am trying not to swear 🙂 otherwise it would have been ‘fucking journos’. No, I am joking. They have to write to eat

Arsenal was sacked? That is news to me

BTW – are you better?

7. Adetunji says:

hi there…. if the media have told you that you have believed them a Lil right? as gazidis said, “those who knows don’t speak, those who speak don’t know. ” about your comment on porch, well I would take emery a thousand times over him. what has he ever won in his life time? the same top 4 trophy you are crediting to him is the same you use in beating wenger then with even a lesser budget. that’s me done. 1st time commenter

Adetunji. Welcome to AA.

I think Poch has done a wonderful job with a team who before his arrival were completely rubbish. I was immensely proud that AW achieved top 4 status for so many years, Poch should be proud of his work as well..

As to silverware – we are talking Spurs 😀 😀

9. JM says:

A guess on ‘8’ candidates previously:

Unai Emery (our new head coach/manager)

Mikel Arteta (will remain with Man City as assistant coach)

Carlos Ancelotti (newly appointed Napoli’s manager, previously unattached)

Manuel Pellegrini (newly appointed West Ham’s manager after leaving Chinese league)

Luis Enrique (previously with Barcelona, now unattached)

Lucien Favre (newly appointed Dortmund’s manager, previously at Nice)

Ralph Hasenhüttl (previously at RB Leipzig, currently unattached)

Roberto Mancini (newly appointed Italy national team manager, previously with Zenit St Petersburg)

JM. An impressive array of talent.

I think we must have interviewed at least on UK manager

Thanks Raddy, I believe we looked at 8 managers …. not sure how rigorously… I would imagine Enrique’s interview was pretty short after he issued his wage demands.

I’m happy with the manager we’ve ended up with off JM’s list.

Ivan is a really slick exponent of PR, hopefully he’ll help the new manager with his public pronouncements .. he never seemed able to curb Arsene’s super-honesty when communicating with the media. “I nearly signed Ronaldo, Messi and Ronaldinho” doesn’t go down well with the fans when the team is playing like crap 🙂

Nor Ibrahimovich saying he went to AFC and AW had the gall to ask him to play a trial game!

Imagine Ibra at Arsenal – it would have been fantastic but we had Thierry who is not a bad substitute!

🙂 … that’s a very good point Raddy.

I doubt the media will ever encounter a manager as honest as Arsene again. All that nonsense about I did not see … why do the journos think that managers always have someone high up in the stands … because the low perspective on the touchline make it very hard to see play, particularly goalmouth incidents. It was the managers who claimed to have seen ‘a clear penalty’ that were lying.

14. fatgingergooner says:

Looks like we might be getting some experience at the back. Lichtsteiner as RB cover on a free is sounds good to me. Yes he’s 34, but if he can play 15 games a year and allow us to rest Bellerin then it’s a decent signing and a gap that needs filling. Then we are looking at Sokratis from Dortmund for £16m. It’s not a lot of cash these days and at 29 he might still have some useful years left. Not sure he’s a huge upgrade on what we have but again we need some experience in there and if we can get a quality defender in as well then he will be a useful squad player.

Fingers crossed we are saving our money for a HM player and a GK.

I think this new transfer set up could really work for us and hopefully it will put an end to us dithering in the market. We are probably going to see more transfers under this new regime. Let’s just hope they can spot talent!

Get rid of The Boosh to sign someone older?

16. fatgingergooner says:

Whose The Boosh?

17. fred1266 says:

Talking about RB is Jenkinson still and Arsenal player

and Debuchy had a great half a season in Ligue 1 actually wished we kept him would have been a much better back up still love the the scored against BATE

18. fatgingergooner says:

Wow. Liverpool could be getting Fabinho as well as Keita. Get a GK and maybe another CB and suddenly they are up there challenging on all fronts again.

FGG. We will finish above them – we have a wonderful attack and we finally have depth upfront.

Gone are the days of Theo. (assuming we can keep them all)

20. fatgingergooner says:

BR,

Totally disagree. As much as I hate saying it, I do wonder how many years behind Wengers last few seasons have left us. We may have won the FA Cup 3 times (fabulous achievement) but the squad seems further away than ever to being one that can challenge. Emery has a hell of a job to get us in the top 4, never mind close to the likes of City, United and Liverpool. They are spending big on quality players whilst we will be filling gaps left by Wengers last few years. We need a new GK, 2 CB’s, RB cover, a HM and a winger before we even start looking like a squad capable of top 4. It will be a long way back. I just hope the new management get the opportunity to see this through as it’s not going to be instant and fans need to realise that.

Cheers, BR.

Of course we interviewed 8 people…….Grumpy, Sneezy, Bashful…..

Footage has just emerged of potential Arsenal managers rushing to join the queue to be interviewed.

Erik, Erik, Erik

Superhero level brave to post on the sunniest bank holiday monday in history

In short, the board planned the whole affair months ago, beginning with the restructuring under Arsene’s feet, delivering the Jan signings months agao

I therefore don’t believe anything 🙂

I suppose we should be all fresh and wide eyed after a long relaxed weekend

Not me. Completely knockered and in need of a long relaxed weekend!

spot the odd one out 🙂

Sounds like the lads had a fine w/e

Liverpool paid 40m for Fabino and he is not even in the 23 man Brazil squad for the WC!

Prices are completely insane.

FGG. Have faith 🙏

Love the little shepherd in the dog vid. I want him

POST SENT

29. fatgingergooner says:

Apparently we wanted him too BR. Where have I heard that before 🙄

30. fred1266 says:

which one’s is you Chas and Ants?

fred – two best looking ones. And slightly different 🙂 You guess!!

32. Hi all

We have a New Post …………………….