Ok, your turn. Be Arsene – How do you play the rest of the season?

Obviously, full focus on The Europa.

Moi? I’d use the league games to discover who I wanted in next season’s first team squad so that I knew exactly who would be surplus to requirements before the summer window opens.

I’d want to see more action from Iwobi, M-N, Nelson and Nketiah.

Out of those, I reckon it’s time to really nail down M-N’s ideal position

Finally, that brings me to a dedicated Holding Midfielder/DM. Do we have one?

Written by MickyDidIt89

42 Responses to Ok, your turn. Be Arsene – How do you play the rest of the season?

Cheers, Micky.

I’d imagine some responses to the question might be suggesting a long holiday enjoying the fruits of my wealth. 🙂

As you say, everything should be about getting past Milan in the next 12 days. The season is virtually dead otherwise.

As Arsene, giving the youngsters more game time would mean not playing more senior players which, in turn, would suggest decisions about who was surplus might have already been taken. Still, using our ‘best’ players hasn’t been going too well, so nothing much to lose I guess.

Even if Burnley overtook us and one of the CL teams fail to win the FA Cup thus meaning 7th doesn’t get Europa (maybe?), missing out on Europa next season wouldn’t be too bad.

Hell, I’m boring myself now. 🙂

Well done, Big Al. Had a beer yet?

3. Micky says “I’d want to see more action from Iwobi, M-N, Nelson and Nketiah”.

Big Al says: Keep wanting, Micky.
    As long as it’s mathematically possible to get 4th, Arsene won’t give you what you want. Now is not the time.
    Then what is the time?.
    Not now… now is not the time.
    ————————————

Micky asks “Do we have a dedicated Holding Midfielder/DM?”.

Big Al replies: Coquelin’s gone.
    Storey, too.
    ——————————————-

Glenn Hoddle says the same as me… he’s not ready.
    He needs 2 more years.
    If you can’t agree with me, then agree with Hoddle.

4. The Hoddle bit refers to M-N.
    ——————————————-

Chas, it’s 4.10pm here.
    I’m still in “preparation” mode.

excuse manners Micky – cheers for the post.

Ha ha, cheers Al

I do agree about Arsene not giving up on 4th, however, he could think to prioritise the EL could bean rotating the League team and instead of using the “no future” 1st squad players, use the “have a future” players

Thanks Chas
    Love the blank canvas and the complete tool in front of it trying to look intellectual

That was me.

7. VP of Oz says:

I’m very offended by Eddie taking the piss out of me.
    She is completely off the mark. There was no mention how my wife is also blonde with blue eyes and Reese Witherspoon looks like her but not quite because my wife is much better looking.
    As for my contribution to the relationship, well I’m not quite sure but I do contribute something. Im not chauvinistic at all, I let her wear the pants in the relationship. In fact I let her wear whatever she wants.

As for the post, I’m not quite sure on Iwobi however am keen to see more of M-N, Nelson and Nketiah.

and I do think AW can win us the Europa

8. fatgingergooner says:

If I felt our senior players could put in a quality performance at the drop of a hat, then I’d play the youngsters in the PL, but given our terrible form and lack of confidence I think we have to continue with the senior players in the league and they hope they play themselves into some form.

We have a reasonable looking set of fixtures coming up in the PL and it’s very important we put in a proper performance against Brighton to give us some momentum into the EL.

9. VP of Oz says:

actually I hope I havent pissed Eddie off.

10. Iceman says:

More action from everyone, especially the so -called disillusioned board. You have the power, SACK HIM!

11. Don’t be daft, Iceman.This site doesn’t have a board.
    And if there was a board, it wouldn’t sack him.
    So lay off of our Micky. At least he’ s taken the trouble to do a post.

12. VP of Oz says:

Big Al
    I thought there was a board and peaches was the Chairwoman

13. Iceman says:

I’m almost certain that you knew what I meant, Big Al.

14. Sorry, Iceman…
    I couldn’t resist it.

Now VP’s got me guessing. Serves me right I suppose.

15. Iceman says:

That’s okay – we are all experiencing the same shit storm, but hopefully, soon, it will pass with brighter days on the horizon.

VP – you didn’t piss me off today. You pissed me off yesterday with the tiramisu. Why can’t I have a wife like that??!! Why you?

where is the rest of the post?

If I was Wenger, which I really would not want to be, despite his wealth, exotic sex life, intellect and power, I would first of all write an open letter to the fans: Dearest Fans, Thank you…bla bla…Share your passion and love for the Arsenal…bla bla…Invincibles…bla bla…double…bla bla…any bullshit will do..will miss you…bla bla…Good bye, yours truly Arsene

Secondly, throw everything at Gattuso. Never mind defending, team that scores more goals ultimately wins the game. Let them score 9, but we score 10. Nothing, absolutely nothing to lose. We are already a laughing stock, losers and underdogs so let’s play that to our advantage. We HAVE to win the Thursday cup, just have to.

19. VP of Oz says:

Cheers Eddie:-)

So I thought the AA board/team was like –
    Peaches
    LB, Gn5, GB
    FGG, Micky, Chas, Eddie
    2 players short
    Terry

And on the bench upper tier, Fred

20. VP of Oz says:

Yes agree all out attack in Europa

you’d rather have peaches than GiE in goal?? And rasp? yeah, no idea where he’d be best. And Raddy? to slow for CF, maybe on the left

sorry, sorry, I think I know rasp’s favourite position 🙂 🙂

I think that the club will simply wait until the potential materializes!!!!!

It’s good that you put Terry up front – because I would feel very nervous if he was behind me.

Oh dear

The travel strike will only affect those travelling as it’s a transport strike in Milan.

Thanks Micky, prolific you are 🙂

Ideally, I’d like to ban all negativity until the end of the season, what’s the point? …. and then hope the Board do the right thing in the summer.

I can’t see how much can change between now and the rest of the season except perhaps if Obauma and Lacaz gain confidence and start to find the back of the net. The defensive problems are too entrenched to expect great improvement. Major changes are called for in that department in the future.

28. wally says:

I like eddie’s idea of a thank you and good-bye letter. Leave with some dignity while there’s still a little left. It’s not going to get better no matter what you do.
    And if i were the club i wouldn’t let him do anything. He’s not the future, don’t let him make decisions that handcuff the future.
    As for Thursday? With only welbeck up front against milan, that’s not a great formula is it.

My sentiments exactly Rasp.The team are definitely lacking confidence and it will take a few winning performances to change that – lets hope it starts on Thursday.

Our defense has been full of holes for way too long, we are in desperate need to some height and strength to shore us up.

It’s a sad thing to see AW looking so glum but it’s his team full of his choices and he in the end result he is the responsible party so it’s up to him to inject some pride and confidence into the team.

One last thought, the league is long gone so why not bring in more of our youngsters to see if there are any diamonds among them.

Cheers Micky.

We have to keep going to qualify for the Europa. Burnley are only 5 points behind. As a kid I recall seeing there then Chairman Bob Wall accompanied by a Ferret, criticise Arsenal “Nowt special Lad”. so, even though he’s passed on, I want to piss the northern Git off by finishing above them. I ain’t got no time for the Ferret either.

Good choice putting me up front VP. I can manhandle there defenders allowing our midfielders opportunities for rear entry.

On Arsene. Can’t we just let him off?

When Brian Clough got relegated Forest, fans celebrated there relegation and slide to eternal mediocrity by carrying him off the pitch. Even then, whilst been held aloft he struck quite a few with some choice punches. One, whose front teeth had been knocked out gave a sobbing interview claiming undying loyalty and pledge that in Cloughs name, he would never visit a Dentist or eat semi hard food again.

I would love Arsene to knock my teeth out.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring.

a bit of goss for those who like a bit of goss:

“Juventus want to sign Arsenal’s 22-year-old Spain full-back Hector Bellerin, who could be open to leaving. (Guardian)

Peter Hill-Wood, the former Arsenal chairman who appointed Arsene Wenger as manager in 1996, says “there probably ought to be a change of management”. (Star)

Wenger has warned his Arsenal players that everyone’s future at the club is at stake. (Mirror)

In a Tuesday dressing-room meeting from which Wenger was absent, senior Arsenal players addressed the recent slide, with one saying his children had asked him why the Gunners were so bad. (Guardian)”

32. fred1266 says:

I hope he said cause daddy is shit

Ahhh ha, Brighton away.

This is one away game I’d like but it must marry up with a gig at Concorde2, a superb beach side venue

Chas, only gig sold out in March? Stiff Little Fingers 🙂

vids 🙂

Dec 14+15 From The Jam

When do they announce next season’s fixtures? 🙂

38. Joachim Low’s got stiff little fingers.

I’ve seen SLF three times in last 5 years.
    Ant said From the Jam are doing All Mod Cons whole album.

July for fixtures, I think.

Post is going up in a minute as I have to go out.

NEW POST