A Nice Semi?

In anticipation of the FA Cup Semi-Final draw there were mixed feelings.

Man City probably play the most open football, so perhaps drawing them would give us the best chance of progressing.

It seemed an opportune moment to play the spuds at Wembley as they have had a torrid time there in Europe. ๐Ÿ™‚

The chavs are firing this year under Conte this season so would likely be the least attractive draw.

When the draw came out, I was pleased for selfish reasons. A day out at Wembley could easily be spoiled by supporters of both the hideous chavs or the N17 swampies. Though, of course, if we are to progress we will have to play either in the final.

The suggestion that the police would not want chavs versus spuds on London Marathon day, Sunday 23rd April, makes perfect sense, so I’d imagine that’ll be when we play.

Whether the draw gives us the best chance of reaching another final only time will tell.

What do you think?

chas

84 Responses to A Nice Semi?

All are difficult but MC under Guardiola offer the best opportunities for our attack, especially if Bacary S. starts

Could be a high scoring game Our full backs have to be 100% concentrated as De Bruyne, Sterling and Sane are so good on the flanks.

2. AmosCP says:

I am ok with playing City in the semis. It looks easier.

Thanks Chas…..again

Happy with the draw. City are certainly the least offensive side to lose against, and that’s an important fall-back position. Having said that, it’s a one off game, so why not head on to the final.

Great ad for cucumbers Erik.

4. chas mobile says:

5. chas mobile says:

Love the cucumber vid

10:43 utterly pointless, but why not ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh come on everybody!

Yes we’re doomed, and the outlook is bleak, but that’s not entirely the point is it?

I mean, imagine being Nicola Sturgeon. See, things could be a lot worse, so chop chop and liven up yer miserable bastards ๐Ÿ™‚

8. fred1266 says:

Hi Chas is it official we playing city? If yes then actually please about it since you never know which city side would show up, hopefully it the one we can beat

This has happened be the hardest semi for a very long time

Nice one Fred ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

10. fred1266 says:

After you being sarcastic BR

11. Shard says:

We’re just as likely to lose against any of these teams, so I like Micky’s logic of why City. I hope it is a good football match, we play well, and the referee doesn’t end up spoiling the contest.

The rest, I can live with.

It’s a chance to go to the FA Cup Final. I’m excited about the occasion.

And on the note of being excited, fred… I think the combination of the words hard(est) and semi is what BR was referring to.

Shard

It is 100% nailed on that was what he was referring to. Both he and Chas are disgusting ๐Ÿ™‚

I wonder if we can read anything into this?

4.04. If true this could be significant. WQe need new blood and perhaps we will see a shake up, Primorac out, youth team coach out.

II would love to see us bring in proper AFC men, Overmars, DB, and above all PV4.

Anyone fancy Leicester to get through tonight?

Yes. They have the away goal, and their fans will be very noisy with their clappy things

Might watch the second half

Hope so. We need to maintain the 4 PL clubs in CL.

chas. Excellent read. Thank you

Chas,

I’ve just finished reading the excellent article you posted at 5:30pm.

Thank you for that, it’s certainly not succinct but it sums up what many people feel but don’t have the ability to express or explain so clearly.

Oh well, guess I’d better go and read the article

Phew, had to take a fresh air break. The author is not going to be someone you’d choose to sit next to at a dinner party is he ๐Ÿ™‚

I really like this film. It is funny but above all about human idiosyncrasy. Lovely people if a little nuts.

Enjoy

Now this I want to watch but don’t have 14 mins just now. Later.

Thanks Chas. Didn’t fancy Spurs because right now I am not sure we hold any playing advantages over them, and losing to them is a tad hard to take. Chelsea seem to have adopted that style of being solid and organised and dangerous in attack particularly on a quick break. We struggle with that sort of side. City could be brilliant but will play a more open game and sacrifice some defensive solidity so you never know. In short I think this was our best draw.

Glorious film, BR, cheers.

I’m working, so not around much.
    Laters

Agree Chas, it’s an excellent breakfast movie ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Erik

Watched the last half hour of Leicester game. However desperate I am for a new striker, I’m glad we didn’t buy Vardy. Don’t like him one bit. Looks like a rodent.

Really enjoyed the Leicester game though Seville were pants – we would have beaten them.

great film, thank you Raddy. What amazing lives these two people live…dream

It was good to see Na$ri being sent off, nice one $amir ๐Ÿ™‚ Leicester doing well, good for them. Shame about Ranieri though, he made them and then was disposed off like a piece of rubbish

Vardy got him sent off. Both unpleasant chaps and both should have got red for ungentlemanly behaviour (if there is such a thing)

Raddy an example of ungentlemanly conduct would be men supporting Spurs.

(TTKOOT)

The weather forecast today is -17c and snow flurries, so far our winter has been very cold but less snow than usual but it has a nasty sting in it’s tail.

(ttkoot)

We have clear blue skies, 7C and storm strength winds which are crap for us cyclists.

Thinking of which ….

LB, where are you?

18 degrees and sunny in Cuffley

GN5 – if you like warm climates you should have emigrated to Africe, South Asia, Australia or even South America

Micky,

I really don’t mind our weather as it’s usually very predictable so we are well prepared for each season. I wrap up in a down filled parka so the cold stays on the outside. However we have to be very prepared, for instance, in my car, I have all the supplies necessary items I would need in an emergency situation.

We moved into a condo apartment last summer so I no longer have to shovel snow from my driveway or mow grass, although I did enjoy gardening.

Oops that should have been for Eddie.

I was not complaining about the weather in Canada I only mentioned it because it’s unusual to get a major winter storm in mid March.

38. Great draw chas. I want to beat Totnumb 5-0 in the final so its on.

To be honest, the draw was a bit like going out with a women with mad staring eyes. Phone calls at 4.00 in the morning and protestations of love displayed by paint on your car. The paint usually carries a warning, like “Love me back or your dead”, or ” This Ford Fiesta is uneconomical and is subject to the London Mayors inner City charge”

Who ever we got or who ever any of our opponents got its an unwanted draw.

Anyway, who cares. If we get knocked out we can console ourselves that a new BBC production of “The Women with the mad staring eyes” who we just happen to encounter on the Bounds Green Road whilst innocently helping with her fallen shopping bag will result in divorce, estranged children, kidnapping, and a suicide pact against your will, is guaranteed to be a massive hit.

Heeeeeelp

I’m in the middle of two crazy person busy two weeks. I’m going to watch telly tonight

City game, or my new present box set Frozen Planet. Attenborough, the Arctic and Antarctic?

Voting stations open until 8.

Always watch the live entertainment.
    The box set can be watched any time.
    (Like from half time if it’s shit) ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey Chas, my daughter tells me the next batch of Designated Survivor has arrived on whichever device it arrives on.

Yep, I watched the next episode on Netflix a few days ago.
    I might leave it for a few months as I prefer binge watching rather than one a week.

Oh no, so it’s only one a week arriving is it? If so, I’ll wait for three to binge on

Spoiler alert – the dog dies.

what dog? whose dog?

Been so long, I don’t even remember a dog.

God I hope Danny is ready for the weekend, although second weekend in a row, I’ll miss the game. Bloody shame it’s away, as I’ll be in town. Bummer.

chas – we have one thing in common!! Well I never ๐Ÿ™‚ I don’t watch series until they are finished and then binge for a few evenings ๐Ÿ™‚

I have just finished watching ‘The Night Of’ – very good. Excellent acting, good story, well worth watching. I am sure I have seen it before, different version, but the new one is simply too good to miss.

Ahhhh Eddie, woof woof.
    Film dog, not actual beast.

Eddie
    Does it have helicopters in it?

Sorry, wrong film.

David Attenborough or Shity v Monacco…I am glad I don’t have to chose, Shity for me.

Looks like you could go to the Ems to watch, Micky.
    You could go with Eddie.

Oooooops, sorry, wrong year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

helicopters? hm………no. But the main characters are high as kites, does that help?

Arnie don’t need no chopper.

If City get through, it will mean they have a 2nd leg of a CL q/f to play the Tue/Weds before we meet at Wembley.

In that case, come on City.

Meanwhile, the vote is 2-0 in favour of the football.

I’m going to watch the Arctic ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll stay in touch

can we vote again ๐Ÿ™‚

Monaco look pants. ๐Ÿ™‚

City have only themselves to blame – should have scored at least three in the second half.

It was my fault, I cursed it talking about a clash with the semi.

62. fatgingergooner says:

Well I did say after the first leg that I thought Monaco might still go through as they score plenty of goals. City messed up big time. Playing 1 HM and 2 AM first half was suicidal. As soon as KDB switched to a deeper role second half they dominated the game. I thought Pep was a master tactician!? Oops.

63. chas mobile says:

64. chas mobile says:

poor shitty, such close call ๐Ÿ˜ฆ And now they can concentrate on our game ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Morning

Again, I saw last twenty mins of City game, and I think Pep looks like an absolute lunatic on the touchline.

How many orders can you shout at grown men in one minute alone before they tell you to shut up and let them get on with their jobs.

I only watched the first half ๐Ÿ™‚ thought Monacco were going to slaughter City. What did Pep do? He is unusually tall Spaniard after all, they can be animated

Eddie

Of course I agree all tall Spaniards are animated, but just thinking about Pep, Jose, Klopp and Conte and frankly I’m exhausted.

I really hope we don’t end up with some look at me me me over excited little celebrity as a manager

‘frankly I’m exhausted’ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ just watching them? ha ha ha

I know what you mean, they look pathetic. In that case we either keep Wenger forever or get a German chappie Tuchel?

the Boston terrier on the hoover robot is very funny ๐Ÿ™‚ Now, they are exhausting dogs, run 24×7, sometimes chasing their missing tail

About robot hoover. I managed to get a refund for my xmas present, ie ยฃ300 for the window cleaning gadget. The refund was paid to my son’s card, the original payment method. Once it was cleared I asked him if I can have the ยฃ300 to buy a robot hoover. My misely son said ‘No, I have no money now’! Bugger!!! I should have kept that gadget ๐Ÿ™‚ I bought a robot hoover anyway and it also is rubbish. I should stick to signed Arsenal portraits

Hung over. It’s not true that you are never too old to rock n’ roll

Oh God Erik, embarrassing selfies? ๐Ÿ™‚

Don’t know ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

ha ha ha, not a good sign.

Do we care about posts anymore? I just feel that while I could chuck out a paragraph, it’d be forced, and for what end?

Old but interesting, especially the final sentence

Micky. Just to give us something to kick off the day with. IMO it helps to have at least 3 new posts plus a PM a week.

We have a New Post

79. VP of Oz says:

Morning all. I finally caught up again. After reading the article that Chas linked/posted, it set me back another day. 32 today but a cold 23 tomorrow but back in the 30’s for the weekend.
    Is Leicester the only English club left in the CL?
    Will Bayern be more successful now that Pep has left?

I’m getting excited for the last few weeks of the season. Its going to be a battle royale