Is Kroenke killing Arsenal?

We did well under the stewardship of the Hill-Woods. Even better under the ownership of  Dein and Fizman but Silent Stan? Has he been a hindrance or a help?

I was one who rallied against Usamov, I felt he would take us in the Chelsea route – no history, no tradition, just a money club, but in hindsight I may have been wrong – if we are to compete we have to do so with financial muscle, and with Stan at the helm this is unlikely.

Unknown-1.jpeg

Kroenke is a businessman not a football fan. He has no allegiance to Arsenal and my guess is that he never will, we are just another of his sporting franchises. And what an investment Arsenal are, the share price has almost doubled since he bought in! Does Stan care if we win trophies? Probably, as it increases AFC’s value but judging by the success of his other franchises he prioritises profit over glory.

Why am I writing this? Because I was thinking about Pogba. We needed a player like him but we bought Pogba Light, Xhaka, who cost €60m less. And this is significant because if Arsenal are to win the title again there needs to be massive investment. Will Silent Stan sanction a €100m transfer? Of course not, he hasn’t elsewhere and he won’t at Arsenal.

Doing things the Arsenal Way is all well and good when we are winning but it seems less significant when we see Spurs above us in the table.

To improve we have to keep our best players and improve the squad. Will Kroenke buy the players to augment Ozil & Sanchez or will they leave to play in better teams? I think you know the answer.

As Terry MHT knows – never trust a man with a wig

105 Responses to Is Kroenke killing Arsenal?

Cheers, BR
    A fine post
    I doubt you really wanted Pogba for 90m or Usmanov as our sugar daddy but they’re good talking points.

To me, we seem to be spending a huge amount of money on player fees and wages, so I wonder how damaging Kroenke actually is.

Mind you, I know virtually nothing about it.

TERRY Mancini is not one to split hairs.
    After QPR gained promotion to the old First Division at the fag end of 1973, there was much speculation on their chances in the top tier the following season.
    The general consensus amongst the London press was that Mancini was a weak link.
    Mancini, the bald eagle centre-half who once scored for Ireland in the Maracana against Brazil, was understandably miffed.
    He was also a renowned practical joker.
    So he borrowed a wig from his wife and emerged for the final game of the season against Fulham with a new barnet to gauge the fans’ reaction.
    “You could hear this sort of murmuring going round ‘who the f*** is this, Mancini must have gone’,” he recalled a few years ago.
    “I always used to have a few headers before the game started and (Terry) Venables knocked one up for me and I whipped the wig off and the crowd went berserk!”

Thank you to whoever penned this.

I don’t agree 🙂

Since 2013-14, Arsenal have spent £263.7m but only taken £47.3m on outgoing players. That’s a net spend of £216.4m.

I think the current accounts say we have £100m cash.

Given these numbers, and given the availability of, I’d argue, another 100M that could be added from selling, I reckon Arsene could compete in the market to keep those we should keep, at the same time as adding the additional quality we need.

I don’t see the evidence that you suggest for Stan being in it for profit.

Last point, the author says:

“To improve we have to keep our best players and improve the squad. Will Kroenke buy the players to augment Ozil & Sanchez or will they leave to play in better teams? I think you know the answer”

Agree Sanchez, and probably Ozil, will go but surely it’s Arsene not Stan who chooses whether to spend or recycle the loot

I see Arseblog copied the theme of your post, BR. 🙂

6. VP of Oz says:

Kroenke is killing Arsenal as much as Henry is killing Liverpool.
    WengerOut as much as KloppOut

I’m developing a fascination with the similarities between the two clubs

VP

It genuinely makes me laugh when I read some articles regarding the managerial succession.

I thank my lucky stars I don’t follow that kind of talk on twitter etc

It says posted by Big Erik, but it doesn’t say written by Red Erik

9. chas mobile says:

VP
    Just imagine what it’ll be like after Klopp has been at the dippers for 20 years.

10. chas mobile says:

Micky
    There’s only you, GN5 and BR who write posts anymore. (Plus LB’s match reports, of course).
    There is no hint of a spreadsheet and you didnt write it, so there can only be one conclusion. ☺

Chas
    Love your process of deduction 🙂

I’m getting close to getting hold of the controls of the site. Day one, I’d ban everyone who hasn’t written a post in the last month, then I wouldn’t feel I do shit for selfish bastards.

One paragraph as an opener is what I think we’d agreed.

Chas

Funnily enough, I was talking to Crystals the other day. He now has what he calls a closed facebook site with, I think he said 700 million inmates. Doing very well.

Made me think though. I’d have a closed site alright. I’d have barbed wire surrounding it and guards posted on every corner. Oh, and I have five inmates. Max 🙂

13. chas mobile says:

In some ways, I’m looking forward to my ban.
    If I was locked in somewhere with crystals and m wengrow, I’d be looking to dig a tunnel.

Sorry pal, you’re on the inside

I think we really drew a short straw with Kroenke, the worst billionaire owner in EPL. Why can’t he be generous like Abramovic or the Sheiks? How much did Abra and Misuori spent in the first years of their respective ownerships? They also invest heavily in the area, ie Chelsea and Manchester, trying to improve the club’s profiles. What does Kroenke do? Not much. Yes, I think we would have been better off with Usmanov.

it wasn’t our decision as to who becomes the AFC owner, but all the same we were fed horse shit how classy we are and how Usmanov is not up to our standards. Yeah right very classy outfit facing another summer of discontent.

Kroenke is not just responsible for limiting what we spend, taking money rather then pumping some into the club, but also on keeping Wenger at all costs. I suspect that is because no other manager will deliver so much on so little.

Eddie

Nope. Don’t agree with you either. I am having an excellent day 🙂

We do have money. We do spend good amounts and we certainly could juggle our pack and spend more.

However, back you your points. There is no guarantee how Usmanov would behave, although we do know he’s keen on dividends being paid, whereas Stan isn’t. So 1-0 Stan on that front.

Also, in my opinion, it’s not the Chavs or Oilers models we should be trying to emulate, rather the Bayern model.

The mystery of who wrote the post –
    The No’s are confirmed so who did?

Ant – No
    Chas – No
    Eddie – No
    FFG
    GN5 – No
    LB
    Micky – No
    Peaches
    Raddy
    Rasp
    Terry
    VP of Oz

RC78 mentioned inking something

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie,

Yes he is a businessman first – but in this case his business is called Arsenal and the fact is that Arsenal are in a far more secure financial position then they have been at any time in our history – so just what has he done wrong?

To the best of our knowledge his has not vetoed anything to do with playing staff.

Mmm, so did GB but he mentioned Sanchez but maybe he was pissed and meant Stan

A thick plot

Oops I inadvertently missed RC78 – my apologies.

But some adept sleuthing by Micky may have provided an important clue.

By the way, I disagree with the whole premise of Kronke killing Arsenal.

GN5

You raise the interesting point about the security or financial well being of the club

Clearly I agree with you about Stan, but I do think we need to keep pushing forwards as I reckon we’re a little more brittle than at first glance.

In essence, I think we need that 50M odd from the CL and associated sponsorship deals as otherwise I could see us struggle

Fine margins and all that.

Micky, I have no disagreement with anybody about our inability to win the PL in 13/14 seasons but I believe it has been down to fine margins and some rotten luck.

However the team most definitely play a style of football that can be counteracted by determined defensive play. Size is a another real issue as we continue to be out muscled by most teams.

GN5

Of course “I” could do better than Arsene, but that’s a normal fan speaking 🙂

Today is Stan/ownership topic, and I don’t think I could do a better job than him

Overall, things have changed so dramatically during the period you mention. Incomes of clubs in England have Sky rocketed (pun intended) and so have expenditures. I see no end to it either.

This all results in the fine margins I mentioned.

Must go now

Micky, the new TV deal has enriched all PL clubs, but many of them remain mired in heavy debt.

I think we are singing from the same song sheet.

OK OK I wrote the post and forgot to sign it.

Purely to provoke a discussion.

Micky. If Bale became available do you think Kroenke would sanction his purchase? Forget AW, it is not his club

Arsene Wenger has provided a fitness update on six Arsenal stars ahead of the crunch Premier League clash with Liverpool.

The Gunners travel to Anfield on Saturday to face Jurgen Klopp’s side, with the result potentially significant in the race to finish in the top four.

Arsenal are currently fourth in the Premier League table, but just one point ahead of Liverpool, who have played a game more.

Wenger expects three first-team players to return to the squad for the trip.

“We have Aaron Ramsey back,” he stated. “He is back in full training, and so is Laurent Koscielny.”

Danny Welbeck is also expected to be available – although the manager discussed why he has not rushed the striker back following his recovering from knee surgery.

“He had some ups and downs with his knee problem,” the manager said. “I followed the advice of medical people.”

Wenger also discussed Santi Cazorla, who has reportedly suffered a setback on his recovery from ankle surgery.

“I am not specialised enough to know, but it is a special problem,” said the manager. “I have not seen him in training, not even in fitness work.”

Asked whether the Spaniard, who has not featured since October, could play again this season, Wenger replied: “It’s possible. It’s very difficult to predict.

“It is very frustrating for us. At the start of the season he was the star of the team. It’s a big loss and I am very sad for him. He suffers a lot not being on the football pitch.”

The manager added that Mohamed Elneny would not play against Liverpool due to an ankle problem, from which he should recover “in about three weeks”. Mesut Ozil “should be okay” to play following an illness.

Great idea not to sign your post Raddy. It created a lot of intrigue and gave us a pleasant break from talking about Arsene.

Protest demanding Alexis Sanchez leaves Arsenal attracts ‘five people’

As many as 5? What a waste of time a protest would be. If Sanchez wants out there is nothing the fans or the club can do.

Here are the details of the protest……………….

A protest in Chile to encourage forward Alexis Sanchez to leave Arsenal, which was supposed to attract 14,000 was only attended by a handful of people.

Thousands had signed up on Facebook to attend Wednesday’s event, but fewer than 1% arrived at the meeting point.

Organisers in Santiago claimed that Chileans were tired of watching one of their stars work alone.

Sanchez is yet to sign a new deal with the Gunners and is reportedly set for a move away from the Emirates.

The number of people who attended the protest is reported to have been between five and eight.

So, Erik, thanks in order. Thanks.

Now: Micky. If Bale became available do you think Kroenke would sanction his purchase?

I think Stan’s first response would be “who the hell is Gary Bale?” 🙂

Then he may say “You’re the bloody expert Arsene. You’ve got 100M and at least three deadweights worth another 70M. Your cash, do what you bloody like with it. Yeeeehaaa”

Micky is the 100m just for transfers or is it also to cover all other expenses?

I don’t sweat the small stuff, GN5. Minor detail 🙂

MIcky 🙂 🙂 🙂

Good point Micky

I just put ‘I don’t sweat the small stuff’ into Google translate and it came up with…………
    ‘I haven’t the foggiest’ 🙂

39. It’s true Raddy, us wig wearers illicit zero trust. When I walk into a newsagent, shopkeepers remove the shutter to the top shelf, but to be fair, even before I was wearing the first time my newsagent saw me he rushed to remove the shutter.

In the early days I went to great lengths to avoid detection, watching the weather forecast every 15 minutes and kept my distance from people by mastering the art of walking backwards. Oh yes, in the eighties I was a finalist in the Bounds Green break dance championship and strong favourite to win it, only to be denied by a forecast of 40% chance of precipitation.

Now days I don’t care who knows. The other day I had this really nice dream were Donald Trump was giving a speech to an assortment of Banjo players, explaining how he would restore the delightful practice of Red Necks removing there trousers at the sight of a city dweller. Then, all of a sudden I appeared in the background and proceeded to show the squeal like a pig boy masses how to attach a Trump like wig leaving no trace of adhesive.

I don’t know Kronke, so reserve judgement by declaring I don’t like him. I base this on absolutely nothing whatsoever, only it is my strong belief that we all have the right to judge and despise those we don’t know because we enjoy it.

Yes, Kronke has not really done anything wrong, but I don’t like the Git. However, one things for sure, if you ever chalange Kronke to a break dance contest, you better hope it pisses down.

40. RC78 says:

We can’t be a top club if we don’t win the EPL or the CL on regular basis (every 3 years minimum). Winning Cups is good but it is not as nice…

If you want to compete with Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Bayern, Real and Barcelona – you need the same quality of players on the field and the same depth on the bench. It is that simple – great players are great under any coach.

Our top players are
    Bellerin Koscielny Ozil Sanchez

The could get in the starting XI of the teams above

The rest would not cut it. 4 players is not enough, you need 9. I think that Ox has the potential to be one of the 5. I am now left with 4:

– Bonucci
    – Naiggolan
    – Rabiot
    – Lukaku

Cech – Mustafi, Bonucci, Kos – Bellerin, Naiggollan, Rabiot, Ox – Ozil – Lukaku, Sanchez

Ospina – Holding, BFG, Monreal – Jenkinson, El Neny, Xhaka, Gibbs
    – Iwobi – Giroud, Walcott

41. Aaron says:

This post starts to address the real malaise.
    stan the man’s teams are terrible-all of them!
    Do not really know if he really is a billionaire or a paper tiger as he is leveraged to the hilt.
    You could put pup, Ancel, Klop, Conte on this squad, each working on some aspect within the team and they would not get any further than we are right now. Obviously this is just conjecture, but many enjoy laying the blame on Arsene, or individual players that the Arsenal have playing for them.
    Who knows where the Arsenal would be this year with Santi playing for us, but will I reckon a guess that it would be much closer to the summit than the team stands currently.
    Am looking forward to the pools defensive collapse this Saturday.

Reading RC’s comment, I had to google Naiggolan, and some say he should have his tackling technique named after him

I like it

Morning All

Never seen a tackle like that before!

Terry. Thank you for making me laugh out loud

Morning all. Well Micky, that is it for me, I would swap Xhaka for Nainggolan.

I am not sure about Kroenke. His U.S based sports teams seem to leave something to be desired but maybe Usmanov, for instance, wouldn’t be doing any better. The one thing I always felt though was that Dein rarely got it wrong, he rarely made the wrong call on things, so I harbour feelings that the wrong decision was made but I really don’t know at this stage.

I think there has been something lacking in our transfer dealings since we got Sanchez. It seemed to be going well till then but after that, as we were gathering momentum, I feel a handbrake was applied and it has been a bit second rate.

That summer when we were the only team (in any league I believe) to not buy an outfield player seemed to be the start of the loss of momentum. This decision though may have been nothing to do with Kroenke.

After that I think there are question marks on many of our subsequent purchases in terms of both outright quality and whether they were the type of player required. I have personally thought that some of our recent purchases haven’t brought that something different or new to the table and have more been a bit more of what we already have. Again this may have nothing to do with Kroenke.

I don’t feel our shortfallings are all to do with transfer and money spent (but it will contribute), and would look elsewhere for why we seem to be a team that is not significantly progressing recently.

On Kroenke again, I have also heard some suggest that he uses Arsenal as a valuable asset for leverage against borrowings for U.S based investments, and that the asset looks greater with a large surplus sitting in the bank. Don’t know whether there is any truth in this or not. If it was true it would certainly sway my opinion towards the negative on him as our owner.

I don’t think major sports franchises,and how to run them, are strictly the same in the U.S as elsewhere. I don’t think the U.S sports have quite such a global appeal as football, but will likely retain a large fan base from the geographical locality that support that team regardless. Also the geographical catchment area for any team is likely far greater in the U.S and I would imagine a lot of the income is generated from fans within this catchment.

Football on the other hand probably relies more on its global appeal than the immediate catchment area these days, and there are more big teams geographically close to each other than in U.S sports. Failure to continually increase your global appeal and secure new fans from across the globe would be a major flaw IMO. Someone from the U.S can now come on and tell me this is rubbish 🙂

By the way Micky I need to have a purist’s remonstration / spat / handbags at dawn with you from the other day. I suggested (with 2 big purchases of my choice) the following line up :

Cech

Mustafi Holding Koscielny

Bellerin Matuidi Oxlade-Chamberlain

Wilshere Ramsey

Aguero Sanchez

You said :

GB
    That’s your worst ever tactically bollocked line up. Awful 🙂

I never seem to get these things to print out as I line them up and they seem to pull to the left once you hit post comment but the idea of this was to have a solid and quality midfield base, pace and quality on the flanks, prolific strikers and a team that can turn from being solid and hard to break down to all out attack in the blink of an eye.

So if one of Wilshere or Rambo drives into attack (with the wide men) leaving the other holding with Matuidi in front of a back 3 you have a 5 man attack with pace on the flanks and…wait for it….. bloody Aguero and Sanchez up top while still being solid from a counter-attacking perspective….. like so :

Cech

Mustafi Holding Koscielny

Matuidi Ramsey

Bellerin Wilshere Ox
    Aguero Sanchez

Please be aware (excusing my computer carpness) that Bellerin and Ox are wider in attack mode, with Jack (now in attack) just behind the front 2 in a number 10 type position.

So Micky, a 5 man (yes 5 man) attack with 2 of the worlds best forwards and still solid behind. So purist to purist what is not to like?

What are my odds on getting the managers position if AW steps down. Must be about the same as Allegri’s after that 🙂

GB. You are nailed on.

Do we keep Ozil or Danny or OG?

Sorry Raddy popped off for a bit. This was all related to if we lost Ozil and Big Al asking if he was the only one who still rated Jack. I still really rate Jack and feel between him and Rambo (and possibly Iwobi) we may have natural covers for Ozil’s role.

Ozil has had more playing time in the role than the others so is slightly more refined but I think that would change as the others played more in his absence.

Sanchez we cannot cover as much from within and would leave a big hole so the change of system (with the 2 fantasy players added) allows for the loss of Ozil while still playing to the strengths of what we have.

Matuidi is an upgrade on Coquelin (who becomes a back up player) and allows Jack and Rambo to alternate in pushing forward into the Ozil position (Iwobi, Elneny, and Santi as options to Jack and Rambo).

2 mobile technical CF’s in Aguero and Sanchez I think would just work brilliantly and would love to see us go all out for him. That is a title winning addition (and one to persuade Alexis to stay maybe) so money should be no object.

The wing backs I expect to in reality spend more time as attacking wingers than defensive wing backs with the solid 3 CD’s and solid CM base to cover their attacking forays.

Danny can be our first go to option for Aguero and Sanchez but can also cover either flank (as can Ox) so he is a valuable player. Gibbs can cover left wing back as well.

Perez, if he stays, is another CF option. Ollie is a supersub for me and I would happily keep him if he is ok with that. If he sees himself as more than this then……..

I would be ruthless on Monreal, Gabriel and Xhaka and offload them but get another commanding (6’2″ +) CD to compliment there. Preferably a lefty in the Vertonghen mode so he could cover at LB if we needed to switch to a back 4 again.

I would bring Chambers back into the fold as I still like him and he has attributes that could qualify at CD, RB and CDM so could be a very useful multi-functional squad option or actually develop in 1 role with time really well and become 1st choice.

Ahh my favourite thing Raddy….going all fantasy football manager on our squad…thanks for asking Raddy, I bet you are glad you did now 🙂

I do like Ozil a lot, (there area couple of question marks on whether he is more of a luxury player than a key component in a title winning side), but it seems we have just not developed the team and system well around him.

In a nut shell ( summarising the above for those who can’t be arsed to read it 🙂 ), we lose Ozil, Monreal, Gabriel, Xhaka and possibly Ollie. We take that money and add it to what else is being made available and get Aguero, Matuidi (or someone like him) and that commanding (preferably left footed) CB. We bring back Jack and Chambers and change the system and are good to go.

As Terry would say, the thirsty goats are stirring 🙂

Hi all ….. Kroenke out for me 🙂 🙂 🙂

Did Arsene really say this …. as reported?

“I am a specialist in masochism I believe as well it allowed me to get to the next level as a human being, to develop my strengths in what makes a human being great as well.”

“To get the best out of people, that is absolutely fantastic. And of course you have disappointments, with people, with results. But it is as well a fantastic opportunity in life to go for what is really great in human beings, to get yourself to the next level always, to improve, to invent yourself, to push your limits further up and not to have an average life.

“And on that front it is very interesting, it is very demanding, but as well very interesting if you really face the challenge. By accepting as well, facing the reality, in an objective way, what you have to do to get better.”

… with so much fake news around you can never be sure. It may be from 2 years ago or selectively taken out of context?

GoonerB ….. “change the system” …… here here 🙂

Juventus have lodged an official €30million (£25m) bid for Alexis Sanchez. The rumours started 4 months ahead of the summer transfer window opens. Great, didit will be having kittens

Not bad for an opening bid Eddie…..they are only £50m short 🙂

I still think Sanchez could be persuaded to stay but I think it may require that change to persuade him we are urgently dealing with our weaknesses and will be in the running for the big prizes next year.

It will also likely require an Aguero type signing to convince him of this, and we will have to pay him serious dosh in addition…..just the way it is now with top players.

However I bet a ruthless look at those players surplus to requirements would reveal a lot in wages that could best be spent on keeping and bringing in the world class players we really want.

GB Thanks. I would certainly swap Ozil for Aguero. Marvellous player.

Matuidi or a world class replacement for Coquelin is IMO a must, trouble is these players are few and far between, we should have signed Kante.

€30m for Sanchez 😀 😀

Don’t what they are smoking over there in Turin 🙂

Off for a bit. Still waiting for Micky’s purist justification on pooping on my inspired line up 🙂

‘You have to sacrifice, like a priest’

Nancy, Monaco, Nagoya Grampus Eight, Arsenal.

In managerial terms, Arsène Wenger has barely drawn breath since he was appointed by Nancy in 1984. There was a brief, two-month break between leaving France and taking up his post in Japan, but otherwise the boss has been a boss for 33 years.

It takes something – and someone – special to endure the pressures of high-profile jobs for so long, and Wenger opened up on the subject during preparations for the Liverpool game.

“I am a specialist in masochism!” he joked, before discussing the secret of his longevity.

“It’s very demanding and it’s a sacrifice of your life,” he said. “You have nothing else happening in your life. Basically you get 90 per cent aggravation and 10 per cent top satisfaction and you have to give everything in your life for that. You have to be ready for it.

“That’s what I always say to all the young people who want to go into this job. ‘Are you ready to sacrifice your life?’ It’s like a priest. You’re a football priest.”

Wenger is regularly asked about his future at press conferences and he’s made it clear that he still has the hunger and stamina for management. But it’s not just about bettering himself as a coach – it’s about improving himself as a man.

“I believe [my career has] allowed me to get to the next level as a human being, to develop my strengths in what makes a human being great as well,” he said.

“To get the best out of people, that is absolutely fantastic. And of course you have disappointments, with people, with results. But it is as well a fantastic opportunity in life to go for what is really great in human beings, to get yourself to the next level, to improve, to invent yourself, to push your limits further up and not to have an average life.

“And on that front it is very interesting, it is very demanding, but as well very interesting if you really face the challenge. By accepting as well, facing the reality, in an objective way, about what you have to do to get better.”
    Copyright 2017 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to http://www.arsenal.com as the source

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170302/-you-have-to-sacrifice-like-priest-#yrhj5UxtqVRusKw3.99

And in turn he gets abused by the disenchanted. I ask ya!!

GN5 – lovely emotional statement from Wenger! He does not get abused because of what he says, but because of what he does. He might be on a life mission fulfilling his ambitions, but being a great human being that he is he should recognise his limitations and admit, even just to himself that he cannot bring Arsenal to the top level again. No matter how committed he is to the cause.

Boxer Bellew warns Barcelona to ‘keep away’ from Everton boss Koeman. Or what? He’ll knock their blocks off. Cretin

Eddie it’s obvious that we will never agree on the subject of Arsene Wenger. You have as much right to your opinion as I have to mine – so I will not comment on your 2:41.

comment all you want GN5 🙂 it’s a free country 🙂 But you know that I am right, don’t you

chas – don’t you dare publishing ‘pug or poo’ thingy!!!

Eddie my opinion would clearly have no effect on you – so I won’t even try.

good decision 🙂 I have neck like a jockey’s arse

Beautiful

Or a neck like a pug

look Raddy – you can insult me but not me pugglet

I am confused – Peaches reckons Yaya Sanogo scored a good goal against Spurs. The press calls it an ugly goal from Sanogo. And there is me thinking we sold him long time ago

I must be the only person that thinks the interview Arsene gave epitomises the problem. He over thinks things, believes emotion is the overriding factor and consequently looks like a deeply worried man on the touch line – not the commanding positive presence players need. He’s not Ghandi, he’s simply a football manager. He’s so close to everything he can’t see it any more. He’ll never let go of his ethos.

Eddie

If there are deep problems at Arsenal, you could point the finger towards the existence at the club of Mr Sanogo as a possible target, and you would be not far away from the bullseye. Harsh, but fair 🙂

Evening all on this dark and breezy match day eve.

Ahh, Micky. Response to my line up (from earlier and the other day) please. You know I only formed that line up with you in mind but if you still think it is a load of tosh I will just have to shed a few tears and get over it 🙂

I am also a bit perturbed to find out that Wenger is not Ghandi.

TBH I agree RASP, I feel in recent seasons Arsene’s Arsenal has become too complicated and overlooks many basics required.

GB

You had Sanchez in it, and he’s leaving
    You had Ramsey in it, and he’s not

I grant you the pattern was pretty

🙂

75. Aaaaah football at last …… where is everyone?

Morning

Matchday at last.

behind the sofa already

78. Not like you Eddie 😉

79. One of my baby spuds played in the game v Arsenal yesterday, I was looking forward to hearing who he thought was good in our under 23’s but he went home to his parents last night. I suspect he didn’t want to have to talk about it although by all accounts he had a good game for his team.

“he had a good game for HIS TEAM”

aka Eddie’s new team 🙂

Do you think chas has started swimming again? I miss his early morning input.

82. Morning Micky it gets very confusing in my house when teams are discussed as HIS TEAM is actually Chelsea!!!!!! The other one that plays for the first team is a gooner but sadly slips into US when talking about spuds. I have had to pick him up on it in quite severe tones 😡

Looking forward to the game.

Certainly not a must-win for either side, but it could be pivotal for either side if the result is convincing one way or the other, in terms of team spirit going forwards for the remainder of the season

Peaches

I’m assuming that any hanky panky from them on that score results in the boiled eggs being like rocks and the soldiers cindered 🙂

85. Ozil in or out for today? Twitter can’t seem to decide

86. Yes Micky …….or apple pie beds 🙂

Erik

re weekend morning chas

I always assumed that the single gentleman occasionally performs unforeseen sleep overs at weekends

🙂

Ozil in for me. Shame Danny won’t start.

chas’ motto is ‘if you have nothing good to say then say nothing’. Obvious, init, even he can see things are not good at the Arsenal

micky – it is shameful how well Peaches looks after the rising stars of the opposition!

90. Hanging my head 😦

91. VP of Oz says:

Look on each day that comes as a challenge, as a test of courage. The pain will come in waves, some days worse than others, for no apparent reason. Accept the pain. Little by little, you will find new strength, new vision, born of the very pain and loneliness which seem, at first, impossible to master.
    Daphne du Maurier

I’m Fired Up (and poetic) for tonight. Can’t wait for the game.

Eddie. Perhaps chas can’t be arsed responding to negativity.

VP. That’s more like it!. Good Old Daphne.

94. Rc78 says:

Friends – As you know am a PSG fan since I grew up a few km from the training ground and trust me, Matuidi is a great athlete and has a big heart on the pitch but he is technically limited. If you want to poach a defensive midfielder from PSG, you have only two choices: verratti or rabiot. These two are outstanding. Rabiot has turned into a complete midfielder and I think he cam become a better player than Pogba. Verratti is just pure class mixed with grit. If you play them behind ozil, you have a great balance

Statement:

We, the negatives, struggle with fortitude to put up with the endless diatribe of positivity dribble

But endure, we do.

So says Didit 🙂

Micky and Eddie, Thank you both for your endurance. It cannot be easy

RC. We should have signed Rabiot last season when he was inconsistent. My guess is Rabiot refused to leave PSG.

Well, if that doesn’t stir Chas, then he’s either dead or on a very full on sleep over

There is a New Post

My very best hope is that Chas is enjoying a sleep over. From what I remember they bring spring to the step.