To Ozil or not to Ozil? That is the Question.

Hard to predict this one; we could win handsomely or get tanked. Neither team is playing well and yet both are capable of pulling out enough moments of quality to win the game. Should be interesting.

Unknown-1.jpeg

We lost at home on the opening day of the season in a strange game – we dominated for 70 minutes – Liverpool had 5 shots all game yet we conceded 4.

Good news: No Henderson, no Sturridge. Bad news: Mane, Firmino and Coutinho are back and playing well.

Good news: Liverpool are struggling at the centre of defence. Bad news: We do not have a centre forward in form.

Good news: We play better away from home. Bad news: Liverpool are very good at home and just beat Spurs.

Good news:We have few injuries, OG, Ramsey and Koscielny are available. Bad News: Ozil has been off sick and is a doubt.

Once again, Mr Wenger has to find the midfield key. With Ramsey, Xhaka, Ox, Coquelin, Elneny, Iwobi and Ozil to choose from he has yet to find a combination that delivers security and creativity. I don’t know either!

My Team:

Cech

Bellerin      Mustafi      Koscielny     Monreal

Ramsey     Xhaka     Coquelin    Iwobi

Walcott    Sanchez

Theo gets an hour to prove he is still an important player at Arsenal. Seems unfair to drop Oxlade-Chamberlain as he has been playing well but IMO Ramsey is a more adaptable player.

There have been calls to rest Ozil as his performances in recent weeks have not reached his usual excellent standards, I tend to agree. Even Dennis got rested when he was out of form. We have so many attacking MF options that giving Ozil a reminder that every player has to fight for his place will do no harm. On the other hand it may convince the German Genius that his future lies away from the Emirates!

We have been crap away to the big clubs this season and Liverpool have been very good at home, the portents are not good, but if Arsenal are to stay in the Top 4 they cannot afford to keep losing against direct rivals, as such this is a huge game for us, and let’s be honest, we haven’t played well since before Xmas.

I would take a draw though a repeat of 26/6/1989 would be preferable.

COYRRG

222 Responses to To Ozil or not to Ozil? That is the Question.

1. FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. SECOND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure, BR, but I think Mane is possibly OUT.
    Also, possibly Coutinho.

???

3. James says:

Genuinely good article and agree on the team, however on the opening day of the season Liverpool had 16 shots to arsenals 9 so not exactly sure we “dominated”.

Thanks Erik

Love the pic and the fact that everything is “good news” today 🙂

I reckon Ox and Mesut will start. Hope so anyway.

5. After a re-trawl of various sites, seems I’m wrong re Mane, Coutinho.

Latest news, Micky, is Ozil is OUT.

James. Don’t let facts get in the way of a good storyline!

Facts are for wimps, Erik 🙂

Cheers Al

Off Canadian canoeing down a river. Wet day ahead. Back for game.

Thanks Raddy, only one result is acceptable for both teams … so I guess a draw is the most likely.

Is Ozil out through injury …or tactically?

9. my prediction: 2-1 to the Arsenal or 2-2
    check out my sports blog at http://www.aheadofthesport.wordpress.com

10. @Micky
    How can you get back in time for the game?
    Your canoe must me fast!

Daft, you are.

Well balanced pre game Raddy.

I always look forward to our games against Liverpool, my wife is from Liverpool and each time we have visited they always make sure to get me tickets. I’ve always enjoyed their attacking style of football and I wish our supporters had just half of the LOYALTY and passion as theirs.

Frankly the amount of negativity on AA (disguised as meaningful dialogue) is beginning to get me down and so I blog less and less.

I have several ideas for new posts – but why bother when they fall on blind eyes?

I can’t imagine what will be said if we lose today. God help AW!!

My dad taught me how to swim the hard way,when we got into the middle of a lake he would throw me in, learning to swim that way was’nt easy,but the really hard part was getting out of the sack.

13. VP of Oz says:

ok, I’m off to sleep, gotta get up early to watch the game.
    when terry says the thirties are stirring, I’ll be thinking of this at 4:30am… Kloppout all

Excellent, BR.
    I hope the Good news continues.
    The team owe us a performance.
    Though I’d imagine the Kloppites are saying exactly the same thing.
    Instead of an early goal I’m hoping for a couple of crucial late ones.
    If we go ahead early, they’ll come on to us.
    A nice little injury time winner would be superb.

15. Are the Vines’ going to Anfield?

Thanks Raddy. I am sticking with my 3-5-2 team with Danny up top with Sanchez. Now I have thunk it up I am becoming as infatuated with it as Arsene is in collecting diminutive central midfielders, and am literally wallowing in a sense of my own self genius.

How was your (dirty) sleepover Chas? Are you wandering around with a spring in your step and a big grin?

Haha GN5….God help AW….for you I would translate that into God help God 🙂

Just watching the Utd Bournemouth game. It seems that outright Utd favouritism post Fergie is still alive and kicking. I wonder how the ref’s report will look when he submits it to the F.A…….or Manchester United’s London headquarters as the rest of us know it.

Well done to plucky Bournemouth. Maureen seems to be moaning as well despite fielding 12 players… one of them even wearing a different coloured strip and illegally carrying a whistle.

Right offski. Back later when some of you turn up. I don’t know what it is coming to….Chas off all night with Maid Marrion, Micky playing deliverance, and Terry outside my window with a lustful grin……shhheeeeettttt….Terry’s outside my window with a lustful grin….must go.

20. Utd doing their best to hold on to the 6th place trophy

Thanks Big Al 🙂

22. IanRealGunner says:

Ibrahimovic has been pretty unpleasant since joining Utd but all the refs seem in awe of him. If he doesn’t receive a retrospective ban for the elbow today, then the PGMOL policy will be laid bare. The Bournemouth guy (Mings) should get one as well by the way!!!!

23. AW has decided not to Ozil ………… team

Cech Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal Coquelin Xhaka Ox Iwobi Welbeck Giroud

24. Bench Ospina Gibbs Gabriel Ramsey Walcott Alexis Lucas

25. HenryB says:

Hiya, GN5, 🙂

I told a very good friend of mine on another blog how fascinating your stories of old Highbury/Arsenal are so you behave and keep posting!!

His soubriquet is “C” so watch out for him — he is a good lad. 😀

Hi to All.

[RA – just call me, Zed – or HenryB] 😀

26. fatgingergooner says:

Wow! That could be a message to the players. No Sanchez! I’m actually happy that Giroud and Welbs are starting and the team looks one that could be defensive minded with Welbs and Iwobi playing wide. I think Wenger has decided he’d prefer to be solid and use Giroud as an outlet with Welbs supporting. It will be interesting to see how we start and if we can get to the hour level or better then Sanchez could be the match winner. I hope so.

How can I possibly not do as you say Mr. RAZED HENRYB

Sanchez will be very upset on the bench and he will be wound up like a top to get on the field.

Blimey, Sanchez will be like a caged lion on the bench. Is he carrying a knock?

Very happy to see Danny start

Canadian canoeing is superb fun

30. fatgingergooner says:

Wenger reckons it’s because we will need to be more direct, so he’s gone with Welbs and Giroud. I like his thinking. Why play through the high press when you can go over it. Can’t accuse him of not considering the opposition on this one.

Excellent team selection, good to see a bold response from Arsene. There is also the added bonus that Liverpool are unlikely to have trained to meet a formation like that.

Don’t know what to make of that team and who is playing where.

That is …. unless we’re resting players for Bayern 🙂

Come on you Gunnnnnners

Great camera angle

a very significant game for me. That wanker I was married to is watching. I hope he has a heart attack before we are finished with them

no hard feelings like 🙂

Hope you are right rasp about the line up. It feels like a lot of changes to me and I think the ox and iwobi are in their third different position in as many games. Hopefully it comes off.

Good start from our boys …. the work rate is just what is needed

Obviously not Eddie 😀

And just as I say that …. poor defending 😦

41. fatgingergooner says:

How does a long kick end up with us 3 v 3 at the back? God awful.

We might as well bring Alexis on now …..

43. fatgingergooner says:

Another quality performance against a top 6 team. Yawn

I might have to recommend to GN5 that he disappears for a bit. I may have a few choice words to say about our manager at the end of the game.

I simply cannot decide

Pizza or Chinese?

Pizza Micky …. proper comfort food 🙂

Mmmmm Rasp.

I love spice so can really tabasco up the pizza, while the Chinese does great squid and ginger.

See my problem?

Blimey, I am struggling to disagree with Rio Ferdinand’s criticism of us. Has it really got that bad 😣

Right…..Thai or Indian?

Keep it very Arsenal Micky. Get a great pizza and a great Chinese and throw them together in a complete mishmash 😀

Come on boys let’s have a great come back and snatch it at the death. I feel a kanu moment coming on.

Much better start to the second half ….

Ooooo, some of that hot and spicy Thai soup with things in it. Nice

What do we do in training … 3 players miles offside for that free kick of ours

Spaghetti Carbonara is the way to go. Much better than our first half

Talking of Thai, is Firmino one of those ladyboys?

Dannnnnnnny 🙂

Danny. Lovely finish!!

Yeeees. Now let’s just pray that Danny kanu gets his 3rd and the winning goal in injury time.

Entertaining game now … two teams are in it. I fancy us to win if we get it back to 2:2

Come on Boys. 5 minutes to get a point. We have been the better team in the second half and deserve it

As I said a couple of weeks back a top 4 finish and the F.A cup would be a great achievement this year and one that would allow Arsene to walk away with his head held high.

Not much to say. We played OK but simply not well enough. Sanchez was brilliant for 15 minutes.

Theo effing useless. Xhaka the same.

63. IanRealGunner says:

Liverpool made us look ordinary……….maybe because we are ordinary

I think a bit of Mugabe Lockdown may be in order.

Don’t worry Raddy, I will not be around for the evening from now so the loyal fans can come on and enjoy themselves without having to read my negativity disguised as meaningful dialogue.

66. Well that was pretty rubbish wasn’t it, I can’t imagine why we thought this was a great team, Liverpool were better all over the park, they certainly worked harder.

What’s wrong with our players?????

GB. You are not negative, you are a realist whereas I am a fantasist

68. Aaron says:

1st half- NOTHING
    2nd half- much better and a great counter goal for the pool.
    That about sums up the game.

Please never start Coq ever again!
    When some players came on who can control the ball, Arsenal played much better.

Still need to have players run at opposition with ball from the back and move opposition out of position. Not all the time, some of the time for goodness sakes.
    Enjoyed the effort and passing of the 2nd half, actually looked like a team.

Right off now, night all. Genuinely looking forward to the cup game and hope we can fling everything at the competition.

A sad performance today for which I blame Rasp and Eddie.

Oh God, is it a pug?

Hey Chas

Check this out. Exactly what Son and I did yesterday for 3 hours. Covered 16 miles. This isn’t us in youtube, but we did same bit of river.
    Must have seen 10+ Kingfishers

The weak have jumped ship 🙂

Morning Micky, some of us have to work 🙂

75. chas mobile says:

micky – was the purpose of the trip seeing as many kingfishers as you could? how many of you went and what river is it? It looks sort of French Canadian swampy area

What is so good about strength. Didn’t help Samson, did it?

Micky, I would have been far more impressed had you canoed against the current

Ibra missed a penalty 🙂 I hate him. Bournemouth player should have stumped on his head harder

Bellew won as predicted by Eddie! I should have put all the money on him, damn

would you raddy – I thought hippies go with the flow

Ahhhh, that’s better

Eddie
    Just the two of us in one canoe. Launch point was only 3 miles from home.

Erik
    We tried to go against the current, and you stand still. It was flowing a bit faster in than in that vid. 🙂

nice one Didit, that’s the way to live your life, counting kingfishers. I am fascinated by birds of pray and there are a few of those in Cuffley. I spent probably too much time watching them over the fields

But that’s me and didit. Rasp on the other hand likes watching sausages. He sent me some photos of sausages yesterday and called me a naughty girl. What do you make of it guys??

Need some clarity Eddie. Are you saying you are a Cuffley bird of prey?

They were Polish sausages, I was requesting identification since there was no English on the labels 🙂 I can’t find a way of putting the pictures on here, maybe Eddie can oblige

I wish I was micky 🙂 I just watch them from my bedroom window, beautiful

A few years ago I took canoe down the Ardeche river on a two day trip. Went through the Post D’Arc etc. Wonderful but exhausting.

there you are – that’s how Rasp spends Saturdays – taking photos of sausages 🙂 lots of sausages 🙂 I expect chas to get excited

Erik
    Just googles Pont d’arc
    Wow, great trip, although with water so still (if it was) I can understand how it would have been hard work as you’d have to paddle.
    We had a wee torrent, so it was more about steering

Micky. We had to take tents, food, wine and water, cooking equipment, sleeping bags etc on the canoe for an overnight stop. Highly recommended

90. RC78 says:

Can we please stop with Montreal, Coquelin and Iwobi as starters?

If Man Utd finishes above us, I am not going to recover 😰

RC78 – if you need to talk about football then I am afraid you are on a wrong blog 🙂

RC
    If you insist on leaving your best player and leading goalscorer on the bench, you may as well select gunnersaurus because it’s completely pointless.

Erik
    Sounds brilliant. Yesterday, bar one 20 min trial was our first proper go. We will definitely do more and take food and tents once late spring is here

RC

If Utd ending above us is going to send you into a spin, I suggest you adopt the crash position now 🙂

micky – RC is hoping that Spurs are going to bottle it last minute.

Arsenal secure verbal agreement with Max Allegri to replace Arsene Wenger

Paddy Power has Allegri at 5/4. In Italy they reckon Max is a better manager than Conte. Bring him on!!

Eddie. 3,58. Where did you read this?

some rubbish rug, possibly fake news 🙂

Max eh? First name terms already. Must be very frisky sexy Italian or wot

Have to say that regarding matters Arsenal, I feel enveloped by a sense of calm, a kind of que sera sera, the future’s not ours to see, and all that.

My personal biggest hope and dream for the remainder of the season, FAC victory aside, is to see Mesut supplying a front line of Sanchez, Danny and Perez. That would make me heppy 🙂

101. fatgingergooner says:

Wether the Allegri rumours are true or not I’m sick of the club standing still and doing nothing. We are sat waiting to hear about contract news from a manager and 2 players who ultimately, right at this moment in time (the same moment Ranieri was judged in), are doing very little to make me care wether they re-sign or not. We are not progressing and we are not performing and it feels like we are sat in no mans land waiting for these 3 to sort themselves out before we can move on.

It’s time for the club to set deadlines and stop this ridiculous situation. Its time to move forward, and if that’s without 1,2 or 3 of Wenger, Özil and Sanchez then so be it.

102. Cheers Raddy

What a disturbing weekend? I look in the mirror Saturday morning and realise that the prescription cream is not working, I get an invite from my first wife to her Lesbian wedding, and I find out that like me, Rasp has a sausage fetish.

This of course is all normal and expected, especially mine and Rasps prelidiction to elongated pork, but what has thrown me is the plight of Arsene Wenger?

In Arsenes press conference and interviews it is obvious he wants to stay. I cannot explain to you the sadness I feel on the creeping indignity of this situation. Honestly, I have not felt so sad watching our great club since that night when Eddie Mcgoldrick went down injured but quickly got up again.

Is this what it has come to? The greatest manager in our post war history clinging on to his position as the once faithful masses turn there back on him?

Honestly, I want no part in this. We all saw what happened to the once loved Idi Amin when the Ugandan people turned against him? He had to live his remaining days in Saudi Arabia and because he no longer had power, was forced to become a Vegetarian.

Arsene doesn’t deserve this indignity. The man has put his soul into the Club and guided us to glory and then through austerity. He’s a great manager and man, we should never forget this.

By the way, I highly recommend the Greek sausage “Loukaniko”. One bite later you turn instantaneously Greek, meaning you can continue to love the Arsenal whilst simultaneously wishing to kill the Board, manager, players, and fans.

Very satisfying feeling.

Transplant.
    Always a joy to read 🙂

sausages 🙂 🙂

That is a superb looking toad in the hole

fattie – what if the club has no news for us yet? What would you like them to say – deny the Allegri rumours? We wouldn’t believe them anyway. It is plausible that nothing, like zilch has been decided yet

micky is right – que sera sera approach is best. Either that or we will all go completely insane like Trasplant

I had half of it for my tea.

Shit a brick, did you make it?
    Respect

109. daniel says:

TMHT

Wenger should stay on until he becomes a vegetable like you.

Snifferrrrrrrrrr 🙂

We’ll have no vegetable talk on here.
    Today is sausage day.

It doesn’t appear to be Sniffer – unless he’s moved out of his Mum’s.

113. fatgingergooner says:

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Morning

morning 2

Chas
    Yesterday you said Sniffer had moved, so I imagine you’re looking at IP address. If that is right, please tell me where my 6:46 is from, then my 6:47

Both the same.
    .range31-49.btcentralplus.com is an IPv4 address owned by BT Public Internet Service and located in Plymouth, United Kingdom

Apart from all the stuff about Sanchez ‘undermining’ the dressing room, there’s nothing footbally to talk about, so here’s some crap.

Mmmm
    I’m 50 miles from Plymouth. So the IP is the home address of the wifi supplier. One message was from my mobile, next laptop.

I thought devices had unique ip addresses

Not if you’re using the same wifi.

When Ant and me are blogging on the train, we sometimes get ‘ you are posting comments too quickly, slow down’ when one of us has posted a comment seconds before the other.

I think there’s a difference between Public IP address and private individual device IP address.

So you’re right. 🙂

Am I? 🙂

It’s amazing how quickly one can lose all interest in the answers to a question you ask out of genuine interest.

As the answers come back, you glaze over in the knowledge that it makes not one iota of difference to your life ie it’s completely useless information.

I apologise for wasting your time. Back to dragging down 🙂

126. chas mobile says:

Sadly, I found it interesting.

127. chas mobile says:

Did you study trigonometry at school?

128. chas mobile says:

Back to the Sanchez acting like Jack the Peanut rumours the journos are churning out.

Immediately on twitter there are ‘sides’ taken.

Some saying the Club are throwing him under the bus by releasing spin to soften tge blow when he leaves.

Others saying that no player is bigger than the Club and he should be censured if he’s disrupting team spirit.

So some ‘story’ comes out with sketchy sixth hand facts and it’s debated furiously.

Frankly I’m sick of it, but addicted too. 😕

Re trigonometry. Yes, and I’m also a qualified navigator which is all about trig and shit

Haha, I was going to say how you learn all about it at school and “that it makes not one iota of difference to your life ie it’s completely useless information.”

How wrong I was. 🙂

I’m off swimming so you can all come out and get back to “negativity disguised as meaningful dialogue” 🙂

Just read your link.

It does stagger me there are not more proper documented/recorded leaks from players on a whole host of subjects. Most people, politicians, children and so on cannot squeak without the world knowing via someone’s snap chat photo tweet imessage app.

good job he is gone swimming, in liquid full of chlorine, piss and spit. lovely

Trigonometry, now you are talking! My favourite subject in school, I loved it. And I never used it for 40 years until last year I had to help stupid builders to work out the roof in Cuffley, so it would be at 45 degrees and not 7 meters high. It was a bit tricky because the steels and the lintels where already there, but I’ve done it. Now I have great 4m high ceilings in the bedrooms 🙂

133. VP of Oz says:

Sanchez looked quite jovial on the bench. Didnt seem upset at all with either being on the bench or with his team-mates around him.
    My video stream and my eyes were quite blurry during the game. I wanted to know whether the absence of Ozil had a big impact on the team set-up etc.

VP – nothing wrong with your eyes. the game was really shit

but never mind, we have Champions League to look forward to tomorrow 🙂 yipeeeee

135. VP of Oz says:

my faviourite Kloppout tweet after the game –
    stillaboveutd
    @KloppOut
    Even a broken clock works twice a day

Great to see chas is back from his sleepover.s Hope it didn’t end with too much angst.

Apparently a public swimming pool has an average of 75 litres of urine in it.

raddy – 75 litres of urine!! It has almost a kilo of shit
    Not to mention spit, snots, flakey skin, oozing spots, ear wax, dandruff etc
    How can people go swimming in pools is beyond me, I just made myself sick…..

139. chas mobile says:

I love all that stuff, it reminds me of blogging on here when Eddies’s on. ☺

140. chas mobile says:

Nowt wrong with a bit of piss – ask Trump

Morning all …. I’m happy to ban anyone who uses the ‘F’ word …. full lock down for me … da di da di da …..

Trigonometry bah …. I did an extra O level maths on Matrices … how’s that for useless information you’d never need to use in adult life?

Rasp – I am not convinced you never used it. You do a fair bit of DIy and you listen to a garden designer turning gardens by 45 degrees. And subconsciously you know/see what it is, whereas I know people who have no clue about trigonometry and struggle to work out a simple angle. You take some of that knowledge for granted, like second nature. But some of that stuff is black magic to most inhabitants of this planet

My son’s grandmother was a bitch from hell (a bit like chas), but she was very life-wise. She once told me that nothing that she had learned in life was completely useless. I think she was right, things come back to me in most peculiar moments

I use basic trigonometry Eddie … but the matrices … never!

I agree, all knowledge is good. But these days there is an app or program to do just about everything for you. Having said that I thought that when texts first came to the fore, that spelling would go out of the window, but now with AutoCorrect it actually tells you off when you spell something wrongly … and you can learn from that.

matrices are a stepping stone between basic trigonometry and more advanced knowledge, you had to learn it in order to progress. I loved it, I wish I could remember more and sit down working out tangents and cotangents 🙂 It was fun

When I was 15 I had to learn Japanese islands. You wake me up in the middle of the night to ask about Japanese 5 main islands and I will sing effortlessly ‘Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu, Shikoku, Ryukyu’ . How useless is that??!! But it came back to me when I was watching Hacksaw Ridge last month and I had to smile when I recognise some of the names

“There’s something wrong with the trigonometry of our team”….he said in a manner resembling meaningful dialogue that in no way was intended to exhibit negativity.

Chas, are you FFB’ing on Saturday? If so will you be established out back under cover? I think the table in the far corner there is ideal….better angles than the other ones.

147. chas mobile says:

GoonerB
    FFB is probably the best place to meet you. We should be there at 4.

It’s the outside area at the FFB Raddy

and you say ‘some of us have to work’. What are you doing in a pub?

chas – if you rather I stopped blogging here, you’d better say it today. All hell can break lose by tomorrow and there will be no stopping me then

Just been listening to the total bolleaux on Sky Sports about Sanchez.

As BFG says, the constant misleading stories are damaging the club but then that is what the media want.

And above all, the media want AW’s resignation. They have been trying for the last 5 years.

Eddie. 3.32. I have the controls 😀 😀

Eddie

Have you lost your sense of humour or something?
    Besides, I thought you had a neck like a jockey’s arse!

I objected to one of my pleasures (swimming in an outdoor pool) given the full ear wax, gonorrhea scabs, piss, shit and snot treatment from you.

Surely that’s fair enough, isn’t it?

Fill your boots tomorrow. 🙂

oh all right, I suppose I went ott with the pools story, completely invented by me 🙂 🙂

Shitballs. They’ve kissed and made up.

Anyway, moving on.. what’s in the news?

Okedoke, Bayern tomorrow.

Play the right team and we’ll thrash them.

who kissed and made up? me and chas, or Wenger and Alexi?

Thrash them 🙂 ha ha ha ha ha. Bloody ha.

news – I cooked first time in my life sweet chilli sauce. It is….disgusting, I am really not made for cooking 🙂

Eddie

Don’t be harsh on yourself, sweet chili sauce is disgusting even if made by Escoffier

had to google Escoffier, it says he could cook 🙂
    I love sweet chilli sauce, what’s wrong with it?

Escoffier could cook 🙂

Sorry Eddie. Logging off for the evening. Nite.

wow!!!! Charlton fans went to Belgium to protest against their owner. And they said they will protest until he goes, fair play to them

I need to organize a march against Kroenke.

163. Nearly 9,000 Lincoln supporters coming to the Emirates

Chas, 4.00pm???…bloody lightweights.. don’t worry I will get there before that and hold the fort and uphold the good name of A.A. You will find me face down in that big spiky plant that resembles Donald Trumps hair.

GoonerB
    We’re coming on the train and the best price ticket gets us in to St. Pancras at 3.15.
    But we will have a sherry on the train, so you may have a bit of catching up to do. 🙂

No idea if this is Pyles Malmer shit-stirring or not???????

167. wally says:

Wenger resigning? That’s the indication that it’s about him and his ego and nothing to do with what’s good for the club. That would be completely, absolutely pathetic. For him and the club.

168. 1979Gunner says:

RC78 – 05/03/17 @ 11:28

Correcto!!!!

169. 1979Gunner says:

peachesgÖÖner – is this a caption competition?

Alex: “See you in China Arsene”
    Arsene: “D’accord”

Be gentle, I’m very tired.

Bloody hell, is that a baby eee-awe?

Chas
    I looked up your link as I had no idea what ANR was, or who Miles Palmer was.
    Still none the wiser really. What a load of rubbish.

He’s a Chelsea supporter who writes a blog called ArsenalNewsReview.

Still at least it gave Wally a chance to vent. 🙂

Is he the Arsenal Supporters Trust bloke, or is it Red Action?

Oh God, I’m doing it again. Asking for information I don’t care about 🙂

Have you ever used anything in later life you learnt in a Chemistry class at school?

My old Chemistry teacher had a yellowish tinge to his skin.
    I’d assumed it was from experiments but I’d imagine cirrhosis was a more likely cause.

No, neever (not that you care)

AST chap is the arsehole Tim Payton.

Red Action are faceless as far as I’m aware and also pretty much discredited to the point of non-existence after they supported last year’s Time for Change demo.

Right, I’m off to the gym.

Might have a swim after.

I take it the demo was a roaring success then ROLF

Game day and all that.

Lovely work from chas this morning but concerned Micky is talking football pre the 9.30 cut-off

Of course tonight I think Arsene should go with Kos Holding The Ox Coq with Perez, Sanchez and Danny up top. I wouldn’t put anyone in the hole.

Fair point Erik
    On school run now.

Edddddieeeeeeee

Got to tell you something

Eddie

In short, I bought a huge jar of Antoine’s raw organic chestnut honey from his hives in the mountains of Spain.

Instead of being the dark runny stuff, it arrived solid yellow.

I started thinking. Gave up, and googled. I reckon it was flown here and in the cold high altitude hold of the plane, the sugar solidified into crystals (no, not the prophet 🙂 ).

I left it on the aga yesterday, and bingo, dark and runny.

yum yum 🙂 all honey solidifies eventually, but it never goes off. Heating it gently (do not exceed 41 degrees celcius) preferably on an expensive Aga is the perfect solution. I actually prefer solid honey, that way I can put much more on my toasts.

I have to cut down a bit as I ate all my honey now and will not have any till August, shocking.

I am always suspicious of the rare honey varieties. Chestnuts don’t produce much nectar, lots of pollen for feeding larvae, but not nectar. Have you ever smelled chestnut flowers?? My guess is that the honey is predominantly something with mix flowers.

I think I told you about buckwheat honey, dark and runny, my all time favourite, the flavour and smell so distinctive that once you have it you will always recognise it. Unavailable in uk 😦

Mmmm honey

iam furiously googling your honey and nothing! how did you find it?

Sorry, just to make it absolutely clear that wasn’t a term of endearment to either Micky or Eddie, although if it helps ones ego I am happy for the latter to take it as such.

I have spent my life seeking out unavailable honeys Eddie. The best ones are always unavailable in the U.K

Morning all

“all honey solidifies eventually”

Ok, so it’s not a temperature thing?

I know all about the damage heat does to any food. Terrible stuff, heat. Really.

About you suspicions, Iread that there is something like eight times more varuka honey on the market than the world produces!

I’ll see if I can find where I bought it. Back in a mo

195. Found Buckwheat honey for you Eddie

Ah ha GB, a honey man also
    Morning Peaches

varuka honey 🙂 I think it is called manuka 🙂

Beekeepers are liars. One produced shop mead for competition for several years and won each year. only when he died his wife spilled the beans 🙂 My friend entered the same bar of wax for a competition every year and won several trophies by just polishing it a bit more 🙂

Beekeepers feed sugar to bees even during the summer to maximise production.

I don’t trust them as far as I can throw them. I don’t cheat because it is just for me, no point cutting corners

GB 🙂 I think I prefer chas’ terms of endearment 🙂

198. Had a very strange dream……I was at the game(tonight’s game obviously) and Arsene was sitting near me. End of the first half we were 1-0 down. I spoke to Arsene and wished the team well for the second half and THEY DIDN’T BLOODY WELL COME OUT FOR THE SECOND HALF. No-one came out and we all went home early!!!!!

What do you think it means?

Dooooom, Peaches. The End is Nigh stuff 🙂

ha ha ha peaches 🙂 that’s not a bad result, 1:0 🙂

Dreams mean the opposite according to babcia Krysia. Which means that Bayern will not turn up for the second half and we will thrash them good and proper.

201. From your mouth Eddie to G-d’s ears ……… as we say in the old country

Eddie

I get how sweet chestnut honey is possible given there are forests of 10’s of thousands of acres, but Thyme honey?

How does that work?

Just seen some raw rosemary gooey stuff. Yum.

Peaches. Your dream has an clear and obvious meaning.

You will have seven year of plenty followed by seven years of famine ….. 😀

Have to write a post …. not in the mood but will write a very short one.

OK?