Mustafi Refuses To Give Up his Unbeaten Record

What a crazy game of football! No wonder we are always on telly when we can be so easily  turned over and then forge such an amazing comeback, all in the space of a couple of hours.

alexisb

How can Michael Oliver see Xhaka’s shove as different to the one which produced Bournemouth’s 3rd goal? It beggars belief.

Why did it take two thirds of the game for Arsenal to match the intensity of the Cherries?

Did Coquelin deliberately get injured so that Ramsey could move to a more natural position?

Lucas looked sharp when he finally came on to the pitch. I was really hoping he’d start. What a brilliant, controlled volley for his goal! More please, Mr P.

BOURNEMOUTH, ENGLAND - JANUARY 03: Olivier Giroud (1st L) of Arsenal celebrates scoring his team's third goal during the Premier League match between AFC Bournemouth and Arsenal at Vitality Stadium on January 3, 2017 in Bournemouth, England.  (Photo by Warren Little/Getty Images)

(Photo by Warren Little/Getty Images)

Giroud’s celebration was pre-planned, but surely he could have left it for another, less crucial time?

Seven points from 9 from the three Christmas games isn’t too bad?

Maybe BR’s pre-match was portentous – go out on the pull and all of the excitement is encapsulated in the last 20 minutes. 🙂

chas

142 Responses to Mustafi Refuses To Give Up his Unbeaten Record

Thanks chas. Appreciate the last para but 20 minutes is an exaggeration 😀

Sums it up really.

Howe realised that our right side was weak and made it the focus of their attack. All 3 goals came from the right. Was it Mustafi, Bellerin or Ramsey who allowed so much space?

Oilver was inconsistent which came as no surprise, the man is a buffoon, though not as awful as Dean. I think the sending off was harsh.

Fairplay to the fitness coaches. Two games in 48 hours and we were the team who looked fresh whilst B’moth looked Kerry’ed.

And what about the B’mouth goal ruled out for handball? Do you think it was deliberate?

According to the media Oliver had a good game!

i went to bed after their 2nd goal. I am a tool

I am afraid I cannot offer much to the discussion as I slept through the second half (unwell, stiches, tetanus, antibiotics for the excuse)
    Where can I watch it without having a heart attach?

One thing though – please stop defending Xhaka, he is a liability, I said not long ago that he will cost us points and you’ll see that happening. Wenger needs to sort him out or there will be more points lost. Without the pen we would have won that game

5. fatgingergooner says:

Eddie,

Xhaka crossed for Girouds equaliser and played a great pre assist into Giroud for the 2nd goal, so I think it’s unfair just to mention the pen. Although you didn’t see the 2nd half so I’ll let you off! He was one of our better players, but it sounds like you’ve already convinced yourself that he’s awful! 😄

6. fatgingergooner says:

Koscielny was just cramp according to Wenger, so that’s good news. Coquelin done a hamstring though so looks like a partnership of Xhaka and Ramsey going forward.

I am prepared to change my mind. was he really good?
    So he got 2 assists? Wow, that is very good. I have to watch that second half

Thanks for putting something up there for us to read Chas.

I don’t know if to be happy or sad, such an incredible rollacoaster of a game. I think on balance I am more happy than sad, a three nil loss to Bournemouth would have been very embarrassing.

It’s still two points dropped but we are still standing and we do live to fight another day. It is a good observation to notice that Howe identified our right side as the weakness and focus on it.

Further credit to Bournemouth for getting a point in a far more honourable way than cynically trying to park the bus, they could have employed the same tactics as Palace did but no they went at us and out played us for most of the first half.

For our part, Bellerin (I am not on first name terms this morning) was caught out of position too many times and Mustafi was slow to cover him due no doubt to his recent injury and not being as up to speed as needed. They both improved in the second half.

Giroud played a big part in the fight back but he is more guilty than most for the first half debacle. How you might ask, because he cannot hold the ball for any length of time which means that our attacks break down too quickly which allowed Bournemouth to attack which increased their chances of scoring and that is exactly what they did.

Giroud came into his own when we started hurling the ball into the box, I suppose it depends on what kind of football you want to see at THOF John Hartson or Denis Bergkamp.

I am obviously not a big fan of the lumbersexual, good to have as a sub but he would start everygame on the bench next to Walcott if I were picking the team.

9. fatgingergooner says:

Eddie,

I wouldn’t say he was really good. Being one of our ‘better players’ yesterday when we were dogshit for large parts of the game is not exactly high praise! He was ok though. I agree he is a bit rash at times and needs to sort that out, but he does a lot of little things very well which seem to go unnoticed. He’s also a great passer of the ball and likes to play forward which is important to our team.

He only got 1 assist by the way but his ball into Giroud’s feet for the 2nd goal was a great pass.

10. fatgingergooner says:

Wenger was asked about Bellerin’s performance and said he had a knock and was touch and go to start the game. Sounds a bit like he might just be protecting a young player though.

I can’t see it as anything other than a positive result. We’d lost the game, so to come away with a point is amazing. I suppose it depends on what your view of the game was before kick off, but I always felt a point would’ve been ok as Bournemouth are no mugs, and with 2 days rest and Özil missing I wasn’t convinced we’d win.

I don’t see anyone getting close to Chelsea as they have a week to prepare for every game. Like Leicester last season they will have few injuries and be at their best for most games. It’s a massive advantage. It’s also why Liverpool will finish top 4, even though they are not as good as was being made out a few months ago. If they were in Europe they’d be struggling in the league this season. Hopefully Spuds and United have a decent EL run as we will see a dip in their league form. It’s inevitable. I think top 4 is where we will end up which in a very competitive season is ok, but I worry what happens to Özil and Sanchez if that proves to be the case.

11. fatgingergooner says:

Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool
    Burnley 2-0 Liverpool
    Leicester 4-2 Man City
    Everton 2-1 Arsenal
    Watford 3-1 Man U

These are the only 5 games this season where a team in the top 6 has a lost a game to any of the other 14 league teams. That’s how competitive it is this year. I don’t think there’s ever been a season where the top 6 just totally dominate everyone else and it’s all coming down to results when they play each other.

12. TotalArsenal says:

Cheers Chas 😀

Perez on for Iwobi made a real difference and the boys fought back like champions. Given the shite refereeing, the lack of recovery time between games and the initial woeful defending, that was a big turn around. Giroud was awesome once again. Feed him and he will assist and score. Simples.

13. Even a stirring comeback couldn’t lift my spirits. I was numbed by the performance of our team both individually and collectively. How many more of thes performances will we have to witness with Wenger at the helm ?

14. chas mobile says:

I wonder if Liverpool fans were saying the same thing about Klopp after their performances at Bournemouth and at Sunderland on Monday?

I’d imagine the team will under perform a few more times before Wenger’s 2 year contract extension is over.

15. TotalArsenal says:

Anyone who is numbed by that performance is numbed of life

If we fight back again like that I am stopping supporting Arsenal forever.

But before I do I am going to stamp my feet and scweem and scweem and scweem.

Re: MW @11:33am

We played our 2nd game within 48 hours and the team quite obviously showed the effect of this – that plus some very iffy decisions by the ref and we were suddenly two goals adrift.

This lifted Bournemouth’s spirit and muted ours – it took the team a while to respond but respond they did – and how they found the energy and spirit to do so was amazing.

I was very proud to be an Arsenal supporter – but frankly I was also numbed – AT THE WAY THE TEAM FOUGHT THEIR WAY BACK!!!

18. jjgsol says:

I went to a wedding last night in Stamford Hill, North London, some 40 minutes from where I live. When I arrived, they just scored their 3rd goal and I got out of my car thinking the worst.

Throughout the evening, I was working out whether we would lose 5 0 or even more and was amazed to see, just before I started on my home journey that we had drawn.

Remembering Reading in the league cup a few years ago, it was the sort of thing we do isn’t it.

I remember a number of years ago, at Highbury, when we were playing Aston Villa, when we were 2 nil down at half time, (didn’t someone also get sent off) and we won 3-2.

It is just part of the rollercoaster of being a Gooner.

19. akinzo says:

Yes, we should feel high that we didn’t lose that game but if we don’t win games such as this, how can we ever dream of becoming champions again? We keep giving all kinds of excuses on our increasing shortcomings. As much as I love Wenger am beginning to think we might never win the END under him. Our game is too predictable. We play too expansive and take too many touches. We could have scored 3 in the first ten minutes if our players have been coached to take shots outside the box rather than trying to walk the ball in. For years now, we dominate possession but end games with nothing and it’s not looking like this would end soon. If you don’t make attempts how can you score? This is why teams who barely try to stand to top toe with us wed up triumphant. Defending has never been our strong point and despite the glut of defenders at the club we continue to stutter. Wenger has no reason for these basic shortfalls. Something drastic needs be done if we are to save our season and the weekly heart attack. Chelsea have up 13 straight wins are they head and shoulder above us? So what’s the magic?

It was a very positive fightback and it is heartening to see that in the side. The different options available to Arsene allow us to change the dynamics and always have a chance in games that look lost like this.

However it is these varied options, and more importantly, Arsenes preferences within them that hinder us as well. I have to admit to not frequenting in commenting much on here recently, (I tend to log in to read more), because I know I have held the same views for a while which even now remain very similar. As such they become repetitive and I know are not received that well by some regulars.

I will re-state them briefly and swan off into the commenting sunset for another brief sabbatical 🙂

In the overall context of things, despite it being a great rescued point, we look no closer now to a potential title winning side. I tend to feel that we are not looking that progressive as a squad. FGG I share your concerns about Ozil and Sanchez, (for more than just the obvious loss of individual quality reasons), and I think it is a lack of looking like we are progressing towards a title winning side rather than not actually winning it in certain given years that is more key.

I mentioned some time back that I thought you needed to look at league points tally as the most consistent evidence to see if we were making progress as potential title winners. Whether we make a leap this year remains to be seen, but in this sense we have kind of stood still in the last few years despite the addition of better players.

If the addition of better players is not seeing us progress then there must be other factors. Chief amongst these for me is the balance and tactical set up and nous of the team. This points a big finger at our manager which I know is frowned upon but unfortunately I strongly feel that Arsene just misses something now in the current football climate, and it is more about tactics and balance, or rather a lack of them, on his part.

I was not happy about the team line up yesterday. Firstly not being anti Ollie but I will say what I always say, in that he is a useful player and scores some crucial goals for us, but that this should not be confused with him being a first choice centre forward at the level required to win the EPL (or ECL). Our whole game style changes with him up top and I just think we end up looking confused and dis-jointed in our play. For me his individual positive contribution (with key goals) should be a separate consideration to how the team generally play with him up top.

The second key issue is in having too many techy but slower (or medium paced) midfielders strung out across the attacking line. Once again Sanchez was our only true pace man (Iwobi is medium paced for me) which makes it easier to nullify him and therefore us as a team with a certain tactical game plan. This issue is even more enhanced if these players are behind a slow CF like Ollie.

We have seen this issue regularly as far back as 3-4 years ago so I really struggle to understand why Arsene is revisiting line ups that were failing some 3 years ago, and the fact that he does have a liking to revert to it worries me. Neither Ramsey or Iwobi are at their most effective as wide players. Both are central players just like Oil, Wilshere, Cazorla, Elneny, Xhaka, Coquelin.

I am afraid I see it as shoe horning again just to accommodate players he likes due to the fact we have collected too many similar types of players, and as a result we once again look totally unbalanced and disjointed. I can think of any number of players in the EPL that I would have played wide right before Iwobi or Ramsey before even looking at world class exponents of the position like Messi, Bale and even Robben. As far as I was concerned we had better options at our disposal from the start yesterday.

Unfortunately I dont see us winning the EPL under AW again. As a disclaimer this is not an anti Arsene rant (or even anti Ollie / Ramsey) and I dont know who would be better than him anyway as many top options moved in the last 18 months. I do feel though that eventually we will need to be brave if we want titles again and that may involve a step back so that we can put in place the mechanisms to bring us back to where we sit now and beyond. It may be that a young Howe or the chap at Dortmund will need to be given a go and stuck with even if we temporarily slip backwards.

I also reserve the right to be delighted for Arsene to prove me wrong 🙂

21. fatgingergooner says:

It’s easy to over analyse football sometimes. For me, Chelsea are top of the league at the moment because they are not in Europe. They’ve played 5 or 6 games less than those around them. This allowed them to work on their new shape earlier in the season when they switched to 3-4-3 after we demolished them. It’s also allowed them to play the majority of their first XI week in week out (same as Leicester did last season), and it also means they are fresh each week.

I would argue we have the best squad in the league, but that’s only an advantage if all the other teams are having to use their squads aswell. At the moment, Chelsea aren’t, and their first XI is a match for anyone in this league.

Is Wenger really chopping and changing tactics, or is it a case of filling in gaps when players get injured? We’ve seen a few players injured and missing recently so it’s no surprise that others have had to come in and sometimes that means moving certain players around. When Wenger has had his full compliment he’s tended to play the same line up. That’s probably why we didn’t lose in 18 or so games.

Your points have great merit FGG and I largely agree with them. I also agree that we have arguably the strongest squad in the league. For me this further indicates that AW doesn’t often effectively balance the team once he has to mix it up a bit from the winning formula and it becomes a bit haphazard and loses fluidity and balance. I agree about Chelsea and Leicesters advantages but I don’t think it can disguise that we aren’t progressing points tally wise over the last few seasons and this can’t be purely down to our involvement in Europe.

23. Aaron says:

Chas is more correct than many realize. Mustafi bombing down the right and crossing more than 1X is the type of attitude I want at the club. He is basically the only back that will run at defenders for 20m drawing them in to make a pass that matters. Kos used to, but now he can stay back and clean house.

BigR-correcto
    fgg- spot on
    Eddie-hope you got your rest and feel better.
    GoonerB-Yup

1st the team setup did not work.
    Ramsey provides no cover for any wingback and offers no pace to stretch the opposing D.
    Perez should have been started on the right.
    We miss Elneny to help control the ball in mid. (Carzola)

Arsene better address this before next game.

And all this luv for che$ki makes me sick- f them! We beat them 3-0, and no one else has. Fact. But, Arsene better get his $h*te together real quick or we will be battling it out for 8th place.

Now, lets take that momentum of the last 20 minutes and blow someone out of the water in the FA cup game in the first 20 minutes and hold that teams neck down under heel.

24. fatgingergooner says:

I disagree with you about points being a guide to progress, just because the quality of the league fluctuates so much from season to season. Look at last season for example, where the majority of ‘big’ teams were getting new managers and rebuilding. Is getting 80 points last year better than getting 75 points this season when there are 6 ‘big clubs’ who are all very competitive?

I do worry about Özil and Sanchez because I’m not sure they will be happy with top 4, but if we really want to progress then we have to find a way to keep them and then improve again in the summer.

I’m not sure what the answer is at the moment as we do seem to be stuck in a bit of a loop. Maybe the extra 5% we need will come from a new manager, or maybe others teams will drop off 5%, or new signings will do the trick. What I’m convinced of though is that it is only a small percentage that we need to win trophies. We are not far away.

aaron 🙂 listen here, I spent 4 hours in the emergency yesterday and all I could think of was a good game and even better result. When we went 2 nil down I gave up on life. You cannot blame me, had I stayed another 20mins we would have been 3 nil down – I could not take it on a good day son.

if the team is capable of such miraculous comeback how come the little shits are not capable playing well from the ko?

I like Mustafi too and hate the chavs with passion, especially now that they have such good manager.

fattie – no, other teams dropped 15% last season and we didn’t capitalize on that. We have to have a new manager, as you said we are in the same loop year in year out for what 12-13 seasons now? one or 2 players short to make a challenge for the title. yeah, right, see ya next season

27. Aaron says:

Eddie,
    I meant for my comment to you to be taken seriously, not in jest or making light of your situation. The net does not do tone, intonation, inflection, pitch or non-verbal communication well!
    I really hope you feel better!

Can’t wait for the next game.

aaron – I am joking too 🙂 A substantial win on Sat or a Chelsea loss tonight will make me feel better. Thanks for good wishes

29. Do I feel better now? I’m still not sure …….. I love a come-back, the dare devil fighting spirit, the suddenly finding the organisation to score goals ………and yet I just wish we hadn’t been in that situation to begin with 😦

I did whoop really loud when Alexis scored and screamed when Perez’s shot flew past Artur Boruc and was beside myself with glee when Giroud headed in the third……….yep it was an amazing comeback, yep I still love my team 🙂

Can anyone see Totts getting anything from the game tonight? I sincerely hope not.

30. Nice to see you GoonerB ………..

If the Totts lose tonight does that mean our title bid is over?

Very interesting discussion between GB and FGG. Thank you both.

I don’t love your team Peaches, they cost me probably 10 years of my life.

Rather Spurs than Chavs, but in all honesty I think it is going to be a boring game, with Conte and Poccettino trying to outwit one another. Is your Spud playing tonight?

34. Hi Eddie – I don’t expect to see my spud playing tonight and thank goodness Rasp won’t be around to judge me on my knowledge of said spuds either – he’s pretty disgusted that I know their names 😳

My other spud is a chav supporter so if the totts do prevail he won’t fancy his day at the training ground tomorrow.

A nice unfriendly draw would suit me – a couple of reds and a punch up at the end 🙂 Cesc usually picks on one of the younger ones to wind up but this time totts will be ready, I expect Deli Alli to show off his nasty side.

@6:32 – brill

Deli Alli has a nasty side? I thought he was all good time lovey dovey kid

I’m hoping for a nice clean game played in the Corinthian spirit.

Excellent stuff Chas, thanks.

Spot on report. Only complaint is the graphic of that big fairy poncing about in the 91st minute when we still had five minutes to play, but you covered that 🙂

Boy, how pissed off did Sanchez, Perez and Monreal look seeing him doing that.

Good, moan over, now tonight. I go with Peaches’ classic brawl, punch up, red card laced draw.

I guess if I had to pick a winner, no, rephrase that, if I had to pick my preferred loser, it would be Spuds all day.

Chas
    Are you serious Dean is umpiring the Spuds Villa game? Great graphic either way.

I know it was a shite post.
    I only had 10 mins (15 inc looking for photos) to get something up. 🙂

Corinthians were Greek, Conte and Poch are Italian/almost Italian

Eddie
    Have you never heard of games played in the Corinthian spirit before?

There was me thinking you were well edumacated.

Hey, I never said it was shite or any such thing. Not at all. That picture makes me cross, and I suspect you put it there to annoy me 🙂

There’s a team called Corinthian Casuals

nope, never heard that
    never heard of edumacated either

Chas
    Who would you choose to lose tonight?

Micky
    I wouldn’t.
    I would choose a draw and only a draw.
    Chavs winning breaks our longest consecutive run of wins record.

46. Sofiane Feghouli’s red card against Manchester United has been rescinded.

and Mike Dean still gets a tv game!!!!!!!!!

Ah, I see Spurs are at home tonight. Definitely want them to lose 🙂

I knew you didn’t say it was shite.
    I said it, because it was.

I wish GoonerB had written the match report, but as he’s been scared off by some of the big bad regulars on here, that was always going to be a slim chance. 🙂

49. I thought the post was excellent ………. I was laying in bed trying to write something and so was delighted when I saw I was off the hook 🙂

Two sides to the Giroud celebration ………… if he hadn’t have scored he wouldn’t have the opportunity to show off his ballet skills but still pretty rubbish in the scheme of things. He could have waited until the next game …………or until he’d scored the winner 🙂

I checked polish wiki – no mention of the Corinthian spirit, clearly an English invention

In fairness to GB, dooming doesn’t go down particularly well 🙂

On the other hand, I love it 🙂

Yes, Peaches, I so wanted us to do to Bournemouth what they did to the dippers.
    I thought OG might follow Alexis’ lead, go and pluck the ball out of the net and run back to the halfway line.

Even Michael Oliver decided to add nothing to the six mins extra after seeing that poncey celebration.

That’s harsh Eddie
    I’m sure English Wiki doesn’t list carp as suitable for human consumption. Swings and whatnot 🙂

Yes, Micky, but proper doomers, like Eddie, don’t get put off by a few comments because she likes talking to her mates.

Surely that’s what mates do. You don’t have to agree with them all the time. Surely?

Is carp a typo?

Peaches
    I saw his goal and celebration on an Arsenalist clip and the others looked mighty pissed off

Must fly

If one more dooming regular stops commenting on here because of the response they get, then I’m resigning, too.

See how they like it then, huh.

58. Cheers chas

Another one of those games were reality and delusion play battle with my drug weary cerebral cortex. At 3-0 down I beat the hell out of the TV so hard that the picture was now displaying double vision, so we were now 3-0 down twice for f*ucks sake.

Then we go and come back to 3-3. For 70 odd minutes everybody, bar Arsene of course, was a shit bastard who should either be sacked, sold, or face an unpleasant Tax Investigation. Then, by the end there heroes who should be lauded and given free tax advice on how to set up an offshore tax avoidance scheme in Borneo.

This is not good for my health, or the Borneo economy. Why can’t we be solid like normal teams and grind out a boring 1-1 draw? No, they have to put us through the emotional mixer, costing me a fortune in new TV sets and the infliction of a mental scar as after the game I caught a glimpse of Sam Alledyce in duplicate.

I have to spoil the party. It was a terrific match report if you watched the game. But I didn’t. So several random questions didn’t fill me with details as to what the hell happened?

I know, I know, my own fault I went to bed in a hoof, but still you could give at least player ratings for my benefit 😦

micky – yes it does. Carp have been domesticated and reared as food fish across Europe and Asia for thousands of years

chas – no, jellied ills are crap, carp is delish.

Eddie
    If I’m 100% honest, I didn’t watch all of it.
    In fact, I was incredibly lucky to see all of the best bit.

When I started watching again, I was dreading finding out why Gabs had replaced Kos.

There you go, I’m as shit a supporter as you. 🙂

62. Good to see my mate GB on here. He still doesn’t get the unconditional love Arsene gives him, but Arsene forgives. But I bleeding don’t, you owe me a double brandy you tight git haha

Just luckier that I hadn’t had major surgery earlier in the day.
    🙂

excellent 🙂 I am in good company 🙂

65. Player ratings

First half

Ramsey 2
    Bellerin 2
    Xhaka 2
    Cech 2
    Everyone else 3

Second half after 60 minutes

Everyone 8

66. fatgingergooner says:

Eddie,

Not sure it’s possible to do player ratings on that game! Maybe everyone gets a 1 for first 70 minutes and a 9 for last 20 minutes. Would’ve been 10’s if we’d nicked all 3 points.

Snapperooni

68. Anyway we still don’t know the story of how LB watched the game………did he check the final score after having watched the first half?

Did he watch dumbstruck like the rest of us until the excitement unfolded?

69. fatgingergooner says:

Another team goes 3 at the back v Chelsea.

Guaranteed that we won’t be doing that! 😂

no, no, no. I turned the telly on to watch spurs v chavs but the scum have already started the slow version ‘oh when the spurs…’. No, I cannot stomach it.
    Good night all.

71. I was too generous then fgg 😉

72. fatgingergooner says:

Eddie will be gutted in the morning when she realises she’s missed 3 Chelsea red cards followed by 3 Spurs red cards.

Yes, LB, could we have a full transcript of your in game experience?
    Please.

74. fatgingergooner says:

Giroud would’ve had 10 if not for the appalling celebration. Even if it was the winner it would still have been shocking.

Has there ever been an Arsenal player as rubbish at celebrating goals as Giroud? He doesn’t seem to know what to do with himself and then when he does do something pre planned it’s always awful!

75. You’re right fgg, he should just stand and soak up the applause………he’s much too sexy to have to celebrate 😉

76. fatgingergooner says:

Shearer’s arm in the air got boring after the 100+ time you’d seen it!

Sturridge is dreadful too.

Kevin Nolan chicken dance!?

Raul kissing his finger.

Who can forget Robbie Keane doing a roly-poly before doing something stupid with his hands! Terrible.

My favourite goal celebration of Giroud’s.

Good start to spurs game. Aggressive and fast. High potential for red cards and injuries.

Robbie Keane celebrating Arsenal winning the League at Shite Hart Lane 2004, with a roly poly ( 🙂 )

80. I use to really enjoy John Jensens goal celebrations

If I was been nasty I would say Girouds goal celebration encapsulates Arsenes modern teams and how they can never win the league. At that point, the Preening Ponce cared more about himself than the three points. His interview after the game also displayed the body language of a bloke who knew his ego had been rumbled so he said all the right things that his heart did not realy mean. He is not the only one so it’s unfair to single him out, but it’s a malaise that has run through the club for a long time.

People should not doubt my knowledge on this. I stare at people more than is socialy acceptable,

81. As I said Chas, Giroud too sexy to celebrate 🙂

Not enough maimings for my liking so far.

83. So much space though………..

Really really late chav equaliser would be perfect now.

85. 😃 Chas although 0-0 was better

That was for GoonerB.

Good game though. Spurs surprisingly good (please forgive my swearing)

88. Raddy – the rules are that we don’t say that out loud…….ever

It looks like two evenly matched teams at the moment.

Personally I’d hope for a Chavs equalizer and a 1-1 draw (I don’t want the Chavs beating our win-streak record, but I can’t bear seeing the Spuds win).

Hey, the voice of reason is here. 🙂
    HNY, Rocky.

91. fatgingergooner says:

That’s 3 ‘shoves’ I’ve seen now and only one given was the penalty against us. Love the consistency!

HNY Chas 😀

93. Hello Rocky Happy New Year

Two!!!!!!! Come on Chelsea

94. fatgingergooner says:

My feelings exactly Rocky.

95. fatgingergooner says:

That’s perfect. Will make the 2-2 draw even better.

96. What is Cortois doing????????

Feck, two equalisers required

Hello Peaches

I feel a bit sorry for a certain French footballing icon now that pretty much every team in football has a player who’s “better than Zidane”.

Zinedine must have been really pants.

Moses trying to part the white sea and win a miracle penalty.

Rocky
    The spuds don’t sing Zidane, do they?

Chas… and he rushes it too much

103. fatgingergooner says:

Zidane 😍

Can’t make out the exact words on the telly because most Spuds have trouble vocalizing simple sounds… I just assumed it was ZZ. Do they use someone else who rhymes with “man” then?

Ah, found it. About us for a change. 🙂

We’ve got Alli, Dele Alli
    I just don’t think you understand
    He only cost five mill
    He’s better than Ozil
    We’ve got Dele Alli

Aw bum

107. They think he’s better than Ozil!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you, if it stays like this it will be quite funny: even in getting a memorable win the Spuds would have done us a favour by safeguarding our win record.

I was just thinking how a refreshed Mesut back against Swansea on the 14th might be worth a watch. 🙂

110. Come on Chelsea can you just get one at least to worry the scum

Courtois turned his head away for that second goal.

Your baby spud must be squirming, Peaches.

I bet there’s loads of chavs on chav sites at this very moment saying how numbed they are at Conte sending Chelsea out to play this shite.

Right, I’m off.
    Will have to turn off now as can’t bear to see the spuds celebrating.
    Apologies to all I have offended today.

Oh dear, nobody left to say goodnight to.

116. I was just gonna put that one up Chas 😉

117. fatgingergooner says:

Well if anyone is thinking of catching Chelsea then it’s a great result, shame it was Spurs who beat them though!

So in the last 48 hours we got a point closer to league leaders Chelsea…

Not so bad after all.

119. Good thing my chav supporting baby spud isn’t here tonight, he won’t be happy.

The other one hates Chelsea so he’ll enjoy them getting beaten.

Bejeezuz. I’ve only been gone a few hours and find chas serenading me with Cher (how did he know Cher pushes my buttons) and Terry upgrading the brandy I owe him to a double. Lucky he drinks the shit stuff.

Just for the record I am an analyser of arsenal of the slightly OCD and neurotic variety not a doomer. I agree with FGG that we are only 5% away for the epl but I still feel epl points gained tell a story.

I feel that 5% is attainable right now but there are consistent areas that stop us doing this. We are probably 10% off the top end in the ECL made up of the 5% mentioned and maybe 2-3 certain player additions for the other 5%, so nothing is dreadful by any standards. Would just like to see us realise our full potential.

I hate to say it but that was the best result tonight. I would rather let spuds be ahead temporarily and keep chavs in sight. Night all.

Eddie: I turned the telly on to watch spurs v chavs but the scum have already started the slow version ‘oh when the spurs…’

Yip, that would send me straight to the red button. Horrible, horrible noise.

Morning all

On the bright side of last night, nice and tight at the top. 5 points between 2nd and sixth

Not a good look, even if it is on the streets of Notting Hill Gate (which it looks like to me)

Sorry, Not a good look, Bolan

Ha ha GB

So, you’re now an “analyser of arsenal of the slightly OCD and neurotic variety not a doomer”

No. Once a purist, always a purist. Be proud 🙂

Chas
    Forgot to mention it at the time, but I thought that Brian Epstein vid was cool. Nice use of tech to isolate the bass from a live vid.

129. chas mobile says:

Micky
    I spent a large amount of time listening to funky motown Jamerson bass lines thanks to BR.

6.55. Don’t know why it is funny but it is.

6.51. Bloke on the left is certainly a banjo player

Brian Epstein? Wasn’t it Entwhistle or did I miss something in an alcoholic haze?

oops 🙂

Hey Erik
    Something crossed my mind re Bournemouth (known for language schools and retirees). I call it the circle of life. You could now be revisiting those halcyon days with grab a granny weekends.

Micky. I grab a granny every night ;.D

But it seems an interesting plan.

school run. work. later

We have a New Post …………………..