Will Sanchez leave during this transfer window?

Maybe it’s just me but I’m worried that Sanchez is seriously considering leaving, in the last few games he has shown signs of disinterest and stands around with his hands on his hips and looks disgusted with his team mate’s decision making.

sanchez-hands-on-hips

I first noticed this during our loss to Manchester City where he seemed to disappear from the game and for the last 20 minutes he seemed to become an extra mid fielder. I thought that he must have been nursing an injury and I was worried that we would be without him in the next game against West Brom – but that proved not to be the case.

I’m getting the impression that he thinks he’s wasting his time with us and is looking to move on to greener pastures.

sanchez-looking-unhappy

Is it just me or should we be concerned?

GunnerN5

131 Responses to Will Sanchez leave during this transfer window?

1. Thanks GN5 ………I’m not worried. He’s south american and it’s been very cold and wet……………….what he needs is a month somewhere warm but sadly he’s stuck with the UK and his next stop is Preston 😉

2. fred1266 says:

Now actually finish watching the goals from the borne mouth game since after we went 2 nil down I stopped watching although there was a foul on bellerin for the third shouldn’t Cech save that regard less

3. fred1266 says:

Can Sanchez talk English yet

GN5. I don’t worry. Great player for sure but no-one is bigger than the team.

If Ozil and Sanchez leave we will survive and who knows, perhaps flourish. I know it is a big IF but Welbeck plays the same position as Sanchez and IF he can stay fit I expect him to have a big impact.

Ozil is a superb player but Iwobi is just 20 y.o and in 3 years could be as good if not better (one can but hope 🙂 )

Fred. I agree Cech should have saved it and there was a push on Bellerin.

Sanchez has a little English.

cheers GN5, good post.
    I don’t think Sanchez will go in January, but most definitely during the summer. His career is at the end, he HAS to get out the most of it. Be it China or some northern bastards, he’ll do. Probably to China. And good luck to him! No hard feelings whatsoever. He gave us his very best and cannot be blamed we didn’t match his high standards.

fred – he is a natural footballer, what does he need English for. Ball, pass, cross, goal……maybe 20 more phrases and he is off and running.

7. fred1266 says:

Mentioning welbeck in the same air as Sanchez and Ozil I a bit of a stretch BR

8. fred1266 says:

3 years in England and cant talk English I always wonder how they communicate

9. chas mobile says:

Cheers, GN5.
    I dont think we’ll sell anyone in the window.
    Sanchez does seem mightily pissed off recently, though.

fred – communicate with whom? where are you from?

11. fred1266 says:

Eddie yoyr previous message cleared up my concern, once he knows the basic then he is fine

From Trinidad by the way

12. TotalArsenal says:

Cheers GN5, I don’t think Alexis likes being moved onto the wing and he does not like Giroud a lot either: more handsome and better equipped and all that – could be wrong though 🙂 So maybe he has been a bit sulky, and if so, I don’t care at all. Play with pride and joy for the mighty red and white or sod off.

aha, Trinidad, lovely!!

you see Fred, if you are in uK, especially in London, you don’t need to speak English – there are people speaking your language wherever you go. and shops. And publications. Nay, in England you don’t need English 🙂

I was in the emergency unit on Tuesday. There were doctors from Spain, Bulgaria, Iraq and Zimbabwe 🙂 🙂 It really is great

14. “and he doesn’t like Giroud a lot either:more handsome and better equipped”
    Exactly TA lol 😂

My keyboard is like molasses at the moment and I’m having difficulty posting anything – I’ll try again later.

But I’m enjoying the conversation.

Excellent GN5

Completely in the spirit of the big blog discussion last week. Excellent idea and perfect format. Hope some others follow your lead.

Re your post. A really horrible thought, and I have no idea. Certainly he looks cheesed off and I totally get it.

However, the biggest fear is that on the pitch Sanchez drives and motivates the side, not Wenger. If Sanchez is even thinking about going, our season is in tatters.

Nice post, horrible thought 😦 and 🙂

Cohen Bramall: Arsenal to sign left-back from non-league Hednesford Town

Cohen Bramall started his career in Nantwich Town’s academy, and played for several other non-league clubs before being taken to Hednesford

Hednesford Town youngster Cohen Bramall is to make the move from non-league to Premier League, by signing for Arsenal.

The 20-year-old left-back will leave the Staffordshire-based Northern Premier League side for north London in a deal worth £40,000.

He follows the road taken by Everton and Wales defender Ashley Williams, who started his career at Hednesford.

Crystal Palace and Sheffield Wednesday had both reportedly watched Bramall, but only Arsenal agreed terms.

He travelled to Arsenal’s London Colney training ground on Thursday with his agent Dan Chapman, following an initial period on trial.

Bramall, from the South Cheshire area, worked full-time in the Bentley car factory in Crewe until being made redundant, before working in a clothes shop.

He spent a short spell at nearby Nantwich Town before joining Hednesford.

“It’s fantastic to see players go through like this,” Nantwich director of football Jon Gold told BBC Radio Stoke.

“He was obviously a great talent when he first came to us but the manager at the time was going with older players. That happens. Jamie Vardy was turned down by many clubs, don’t forget, including even Crewe.

“Cohen’s a lovely lad. I’m not sure he was taking his football that seriously and he went around the area a bit before moving on to Hednesford, but sometimes it can take time.

“He played against us earlier in the season and he was man of the match. We’re proud to have played even a little part in his development.”

Micky,

I was on my computer late last evening while my wife was watching her favourite “reality” show.

I started thinking about Sanchez when it struck me just how easily my thoughts could be turned into a “quickie post” and a few minutes later I emailed it in.

At first I was sceptical about LB’s idea but it really can work, thanks LB for creating both the idea and the opportunity to create quick and easy dialogue.

Oh and thanks go to the admin person for adding the appropriate images.

19. fred1266 says:

Lol How can anybody not like Giroud

I just found this on Sky Sports.
    ………………………………………………………………………………………

Arsene Wenger plays down Alexis Sanchez reaction at Bournemouth

By Paul Vinnell

Arsene Wenger has dismissed reports that Alexis Sanchez is ready to leave the club after his public display of anger at Bournemouth on Tuesday night.

Sanchez had sat in silence after the dramatic 3-3 draw with Bournemouth, refusing to join in the team’s celebrations at coming back to take a point.

Sanchez had hurled his gloves to the floor in frustration at the end of the game at the Vitality Stadium and it was reported that he remained deeply unhappy in the dressing room.

But Wenger had no problem at all with the Chilean’s behaviour.

What is surprising? We want to win the games, if you don’t you’re not happy. That is normal,” he said.

“Without passion you do not come back when you are at 70 minutes and 3-0 down. It is exceptional and you need a special response.
    “We are all frustrated. Of course [Sanchez] is fine.”

Fred. I agree Welbz is no Sanchez but he is still a very good player. Just watch his goals for England. Trouble is Welbz is too fragile unlike Sanchez who appears to be indestructible.

GN5

The Arsene comment is interesting but wide open to interpretation. Who, or what, was Sanchez so upset about.

If it was simply not winning, then that’s a good thing. Reminds me of Roy Keane who was sulking after Utd won the European Cup, because he felt they should have played better! Extreme, I know.

Of course, if he was pissed off with the manager or other players, then it’s very worrying

We are left to make our own interpretations Micky and I remain a tad concerned, maybe we will keep him this season, but depending on our achievements the summer tell a very different story.

When you buy players like Sanchez and Ozil it is with the intent of pushing on towards a title winning team. I dont think Sanchez feels we have developed enough in the last couple of years and I think doesn’t see any indication that we have the intention of doing so. We stalled at a critical moment that summer with the purchase of Cech but no outfield player and I think this is in his memory bank.

He is a winner and doesn’t want to celebrate draws with Bournemouth regardless of how good the comeback was. He probably sees it as a weak second rate also ran mentality, compounded by Girouds reaction to his goal, which to be fair will be what many other fans and pundits have been, and are also currently thinking. Someone like a Roy Keane or some of our past incumbents would forego celebration and sprint to get the ball and place it back in the centre circle with a view to winning the game.

I think Sanchez will go but not this January. I think his reaction after the game tells a story and I dont think he was just being stroppy but was genuinely annoyed at losing points in the title race. Good come-back though it was he sees it as 2 points dropped in a title he wants to win, and probably feels that the club dont share his ambition no matter what they say on record verbally.

I think the addition of top players that summer of inactivity would have persuaded him and Oil to sign an extension then. Now it is still not impossible to keep him but it will likely require significant wages and signs of a positive overhaul in 2-3 key squad areas. Do we see this happening?

He can be replaced no doubt but the bigger worry is that when a player like Sanchez is leaving because he feels the club is not matching his ambition then it sends a negative message to other top players about coming here and may leave us back at square 1 like we were a few years back solely having to develop our own top players or buying from the next tier down.

Dont underestimate the potential damage of losing a player like him which is likely more damaging from the club image aspect than the actual loss of a quality player aspect.

Great points GB, I must have missed Girouds celebration but I would agree that Sanchez would see that as a waste of the precious time needed to win the game and also mute our own chances of keeping up the momentum. A tad egotistical on Girouds part.

I also worry about Wenger stating that we will not be buying in this window, I see it as a wonderful opportunity to add more quality players.

As much as I’ve supported them in the past – players like Jenkinson, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Ramsey, Walcott and Welbeck are all players who are on the cusp and are very replaceable.

26. TotalArsenal says:

Wenger said: What is surprising? We want to win the games, if you don’t you’re not happy. That is normal,”. We can project all sorts of fears and views – the one from GB above being a beautiful example 😉 – but it is mostly likely just a case of a disappointed player after a huge effort to turn a nightmare round. We have the money and status to buy anybody we want more or less, so EVEN if Alexis was to leave, we would move on quickly. But why indulge in such miserable thoughts… we have a premiership to win and the force of positive thinking should never be undermined when the ship is at sea. 🙂

Okay TA – Full steam ahead……………………….

28. TotalArsenal says:

Agreed that Ollie’s celebration was misplaced and I can well imagine it pissed off Sanchez big style. I reckon he got carried away by the euphoria and although handsome like hell, he is not the brightest Gunner in the team. I forgive him as I would have probably done the same; it was a fecking brilliant header and comeback. 🙂

wow, there is an awful lot of assumptions going on here! None of us know what Sanchez is thinking. It is plausible that he hates losing and a draw against a lesser club is hardly a result to be celebrated.

But that is probably as far as we can go with our assumptions. Maybe he is pissed off/angry/disappointed by doesn’t want to leave. We simply don’t know. Maybe he was promised a big bonus if we win the league and he does not see it happening. We don’t know.

Is he after trophies and recognition or just money? We don’t know.

But one thing I agree about is the fact that losing Sanchez would have a knock on effect on the rest of the team. We will suffer again.

I just do not agree.

When Sanchez leaves (and he will because he is not a Gooner) the club will find other solutions.

Players don’t go to clubs with the sole expectation of winning silverware. Sure they would like to but they know only one team will win the title and thus only 22 players a season are Champions.

Take MU. They have signed some excellent players including my fave Ibra and the world’s most expensive player. Will they win the title? Are they in a better place than AFC? Do they have a better squad?

99% of players are in it for the money, silverware is just an added bonus.If Sanchez leaves and AFC want to buy a €100m player he will sign for AFC. If Stoke offered more money he would go to Stoke.

And if you don’t believe me, just look at the effect Chinese money is having.

31. Top notch GN5

We need Alexis, but more importantly his need for our need is greater. Money? The blokes loaded. Trophies? He can win those with Chile or maybe we can start that Emirates Cup thingy again? But the full support and admiration of the Arsenal fan base? Money can’t buy that.

I equate the Alexis situation to some bird I was having an affair with 10 year back. She was in a bad place. Her husband didn’t have a clue, always buying her gifts, putting her on a pedestal, and wishing to express his emotions. I came along and when ever Arsenal weren’t playing offered no strings sex.

Within a few months she needed me so bad, she had memorised all our fixtures. Her only mistake was when she called to say she loved me whilst we were playing Liverpool away. It was right at the moment we had just got a dangerous throw in, so I had no choice but to dump her.

As long as Alexis can feel our need but at the that it’s conditional, his need will be greater than ours and will stay.

there is a third scenario Raddy. Players like Sanchez use Arsenal as a stepping stone. With Arsenal you get to play on the big stage where you can show off your skills and make bigger clubs wanting you. For more money or trophies, none of which Arsenal can offer.

We can offer players prestige, reputation, status, all invaluable to move up a notch or two.

33. Don’t underestimate the human condition to feel wanted in a healthy way Eddie. The likes of Cesc and RVP left for there own reasons but at that time the money we could offer was a million miles away to what we can do now.

Sanchez knows, unless he goes to a smaller club like Totnumb, he will never get the same adulation at a Club of Arsenals stature.

He will stay, he needs to.

Sorry GN5 forgot to say thanks for the post. It was an interesting debate starter GN5 and in reality I am not bothering myself overly worrying about where he will be despite putting my open feelings of slight concern down. In reality as Eddie says none of us know what Sanchez really has in his mind and it could (hopefully as TA says) just be isolated frustration on this game alone with no further reaching implications.

I have a gut feeling which way this one is headed though but hope to be wrong. If I am wrong it would exhibit a significant step in the right direction of this club in trying to get to the top level and really kick on. If my gut feeling is right then my support of the club remains obviously, but I would question what we are about anymore.

I am not too sure he is as easily replaceable as TA indicates and I dont think we can just go out and get who we want. If we could we would surely have added the extra quality already to make this an even better team.

Haha Terry I have now worked out why you stay on here. In the blogging world you represent Sanchez, AA is The Arsenal and LG is Totnumb. I just know deep down in my loins that you would turn down 50kpa plus expenses to regularly blog on LG to stay here and be adulated and wanted 🙂

I like your positive attitude Terry – “always look n the bright side of life” (song there somewhere) I really hope he stays as he can be the catalyst to any successes that might come our way.

Thanks for the smile.

GB, sadly I have the same instinct – but I hope to be wrong.

38. oz gunner says:

I’m torn.

He’s a competitive animal and loves to win so I’m not surprised by his on-field frustrations. If anything it’s good to see because he hates losing that much. If he stopped trying that is when there’s a problem.

I do think he wants more money and probably deserves it. I don’t buy the “last big pay cheque” thing because players can sod of the the US or china in their mid-30’s and still command a premium. Especially a player of Sanchez’s ilk.

If he did leave for PSG, United, City, or one of those types then he’s a mercenary and I’d regard him as one rung better than cesc or rvp.

Basically, commit to our great club or sod off.

Same goes with Ozil.

Morning All

Oz. “commit to our great club or sod off”. Exactly.

Eddie. Ozil was at Real Madrid, Sanchez was at Barcelona before going to a bigger club 🙂

Erik

For interest as well as necessity I’m studying the ABRSM Grade 5 Theory

What kind of bastard writes a piece of music in C sharp or flat with eight

Do you two Aussie boys know?

Chas

I’d rather have Usmanov than a China man, if that’s the option.

“HE” Watch could be a butch make of aussie wrist watch

Micky
    Not sure I care either way.

Like Aussie HE stubby shorts?

ha ha

49. oz gunner says:

@chas

That is one of the slogans for watch band ‘OMEGA’

-The sign of excellence
    -The link between the past and the future
    -Significant Moments
    -The Watch The World Has Learned To Trust
    -Omega. The right time for life

Micky. I has a shot at music theory but decided I could do without. Big mistake. Wish I had learned but too late now as I have my own style and play by ear..

Had I bothered it would have opened up new and exciting possibilities.

C sharp? No bother if one has frets and can use a capo 🙂

chas. What is with your recent fascination with “Big” men? Could it be Gym-Envy?

Raddy – I know where ozil and Sanchez came from – the benches.

53. TotalArsenal says:

Morning AAers 😍

BR, I am hoping Chas will make up for it by posting some lovely, classical beautiful lady pictures any time soon.

54. TotalArsenal says:

I am longing for those Nigella clips 🙃

TA
    Did you have to mention Nigella
    I was doing so well focusing on work 🙂

Erik

I get you have frets, and I’m deeply jealous, but what I meant was not playing the note of C sharp, but a piece in the key of C sharp major or minor as it has 7 of the bastards.

Boy, do you need to know your scales inside out and upside down or what

micky – no. Many people live very fulfilling lives without that knowledge. Don’t clutter your brain.

Not on the guitar. All I have to know is the patterns on the fretboard for the minor and major scales then move them according to the key. Most of the time I have no idea what note I am playing!

Did you read about that French chap who broke the world record for 105 year olds who cycle for an hour?

I question this record. Who was the previous record-holder? If there wasn’t one, and I very much doubt there was, the man is a fraud.

you sneakers!!! nobody mentioned we equalized against 10men Bournemouth!! Now I get the miraculous come back

raddy – did he brake the record or set the record?
    What’s the record for a man your age? there is an opportunity 🙂

I googled – the Frenchie SET the record. Fair play to him. And look at his hair, amazing!!

Eddie

Tragically, my brain remains woefully uncluttered, and I really don’t want to arrive at the end of days with quite so much surplus capacity

Scales it is

105 and setting records on a bicycle!!

Pathetic and oh what a surprise, he’s french. Dear God, they are a dreadful tribe. His time would have been better spent investing in some soap and having a bath 🙂

Micky. Rarely, if ever, have you made a more apposite comment.

Where is RC78?

Well, I mean seriously Erik, how is pedalling a bicycle aged 105 for an hour going to help world peace or the starving and homeless. Jeez, some people

raddy – which one the 9:19 (ie the airhead) or 9:25 (racist slant)?

Much to their chagrin, Eddie, the French are not a race. They are a loose knit collection of rather feeble people bound by a collective fondness for lazing around on beaches and having nice hair

69. TotalArsenal says:

Micky, oh lalala, you are in feisty form this morning 😳🙃

By the way, I think you will find that the French chap broke his own record, the one he set when he turned 100.

Absolutely amazing. It truly gives me hope.

71. That’s a brilliant achievement by the old boy. Bloody hell, I get up in the morning and have to search around for my body and when I find it, i am very disappointed.

My old Gran was like that. She never cycled, went everywhere by broomstick, but kept fit by hiding money under floorboards and attending Cockerel fights. At the age of 102 she still had the mental capacity to criticise and class every one as a lying two faced hypocritical Git.

I truly believe her slandering, especially of Archbishop Makarios, safeguarded world peace and the sanctity of the Greek Orthodox Church.

72. chas mobile says:

73. chas mobile says:

BR
    Who wouldn’t be jealous of those chaps at 6.56?

74. chas mobile says:

75. chas mobile says:

Haha Chas the arse hole premier league……or should it be the Tory supporting arse hole premier league. Not a lefty in sight ☺

For the record Blair wasn’t a lefty. I don’t think he had a political identity. Just an egotistical mercenary.

77. Nice one chas.

Agree about Blair GB. I would love to have a street fight with Blair.

If I was to discreetly send an email to every Arsehole on that table advertising my services as either a Gimp or Dominatrix, i would receive a 100% response rate.

Will let you know how I get on

78. fred1266 says:

Anyone feel free 352 could work for us

Some reports stating Sanchez is not far away from extending contract. Would be marvelous news if so and put my concerns to bed. He is a unique player and I think we either need to play him at left and get another top striker or play him up top and improve the wide areas off him. I would go for the latter as there are few top strikers out there while there are more good wide players.

Reports suggesting Ozil is further away. Love him as a player but with iwobi wilshere and Ramsey we can cover him more easily.

GB, I would be absolutely delighted if Sanchez signed another contact.

On the subject of Ramsey I saw a headline that perked my interest, it basically asked “What does Ramsey really do”? and watching his performances so far this season, even given his limited opportunities, reinforces the question.

Terry
    Do you know Keith?

I either seriously lack in sense of humour. Or it is my inadequate English. Or @3:50 and 4:04 are not funny.

however, @3:49 is awesome 🙂 what is Robby doing there? he has an apartment at Highbury, is he just visiting? He is not really the next-manager-material, is he? Mind you, he is French which is always a plus, right Didit?

87. chas mobile says:

Eddie
    Polish humour is different

88. fred1266 says:

Ramsey won us the fa cup that what he can do

89. chas mobile says:

Bobby is always training with the lads.
    He likes to keep his six pack in tip top condition for his wife Jessica.

90. chas mobile says:

Fred
    Some might say that one sandwich does not a picnic make. 😆

91. chas mobile says:

92. chas mobile says:

Eddie
    Better?

Is that really a Polish band? If so, top work chas!

Love the arse hole league but where is Philip Green and Me-rinho? Or is it just politicians?

94. I have just received my first response using the alias of Troy Johnson, a hunky Argos model holding a toaster, from Michael Gove.

Gove wants to be my gimp. After I shag him, he says he will make me a toasted waffle.

Terry. Seems a very generous offer, It would be rude to say No

96. Just got message number 2 using the alias of Fernando, a Filipino model showcasing a superb Argos table tennis set retailing at the extraordinary price of only £49.99, from Kelvin Mackenzie

After Mackenzie shags me, he says he will run a story in the sun that I’m a shit table tennis player and an illegal immigrant

97. There coming in now. Louise Mensch has responded to my alias of Peter, a 60 year old model advertising the latest Golf attire for retired fascistic middle aged Knobs.

She wishes me to make love to her whilst she yells father and then after I haven given her some pocket money, I shall be taken to an illuminati ritual were I shall be sacrificed to the Demon Lord Themonas by asphyxiation of $100 dollar bills.

98. Better stop now, don’t want to put people of there dinner or bring the site into disrepute

Besides, I have a date…..with Michael Gove

The difference in thinking between two teams.

Arsenal have gained 28 points from the last 42 and lie 5th in the league 8 points out of 1st place.

Chelsea have gained 39 out of the last 42 points and lead the league by 5 points.

Question:

Which team is looking to add players to their squad?

You can find the answer at – SW6 1HS.

Terry
    Feckin superb, ta.

101. stavordalerd says:

That’s pretty (down be) – low

Her Madge will be well pleased, stavN5. 🙂

WHU looked like a Div 2 team last night. Awful.

Hope we do better this evening.

Bobby Moore vid was great. Is there any player today who is universally admired as Moore was?

Bobby Charlton was the only other player of his stature in the last 50 years

raddy – against Preston? Better than winners or the losers?

I hope we will see some academy recruits tonight. I still need convincing that the whole institution is not just a white elephant

British taxpayers’ money will no longer be used to fund an Ethiopian girl band, the government has said.

International Development Secretary Priti Patel announced a review of the funding last month after reports that pop group Yegna received £5.2m

At the same time English handicapped people see their benefits cut to a bare minimum. Scandalous

Arsène Wenger has admitted that he could do with Jack Wilshere in Arsenal’s depleted midfield at the moment although he still maintains the decision to send the 25-year-old on a season-long loan to Bournemouth – without inserting a recall clause – was the right one.

so much for hopes to see Jack in Jan

Bonjour

Some excellent work on here yesterday

Has 8:23 been rumbled having a crafty one?

fish called Wanda.

I have been googling for funny polish jokes. nothing.

Lovely stuff chas. 8.18. Looks like my brother and has similar political beliefs.

ha ha ha
    Until 40 mins ago, we were going surfing
    Maybe not now as I don’t have a portable fog horn

Erik
    Looking ahead to your team selection, one question, is it ever possible to unplug Sanchez and leave him in a box for just one game’s rest?

There is a New Post