Light Relief?

This could be a cracker.  We have some excellent squad players and Forest are an attacking team with probably the best striker who ever lived likely to start. Autumn night, small and full ground, the away boys in good voice, what more could we ask for?

images-1.jpeg

So what of our team?

Ospina has be be the gloveman, Debuchy has to start earning his corn and will be looking to show his talents in order to get a January transfer.  Holding has made a great start and will relish another start but if Gabriel is not fit who will start alongside him? Kos needs a break so it must be Mustafi. Gibbs, whom I like very much will complete the back line.

We have an embarrassment of riches in midfield, so much so that we can send an England International out on loan! Xhaka and Elneny?

Jeff will start, so will Perez and probably Ox . Could Akpom get a kick as second striker or even as our centre forward with Perez playing slightly deeper if AW decides to keep Jeff on the bench.

All will be revealed later today.

My team:

Ospina

Debuchy    Holding    Gabriel   Gibbs

Ox    Elneny    Xhaka

Perez    Akpom     Jeff

That is a quality team and yet it lacks Ramsey, BFG, Welbz, OG, Jenks, Akpom and the entire first 11! Finally we have a proper squad.

A little about Forest. They used to be good when Red Nose the First was manager but have slipped. Forest have had 10 managers in 5 years as they try to re-establish themselves in the PL. This summer they sold their best player to Leipzig for €15m – a chap called Oliver Burke – a mystery to me too!

The City Ground will be full and excited to see one of the world’s best players pull on the red and white shirt of Forest – well, he thinks he is!! Lord Nik and Henri Lansbury will be trying to show that Arsenal were wrong to sell them. I wish them well, but not too well.

An early goal for Forest could see this develop into a super match and I am delighted to say it is on Danish TV. I hope for your sakes it is on UK TV as well.

The Carling/League/Whatever Cup is a chance to have some fun. Let it be so …

COYRRG

97 Responses to Light Relief?

1. Tj says:

That’s confidence that we will beat them with just ten men.

Thanks, BR.
    I’m looking forward to the Whatever Cup game this evening. 🙂

It will be difficult to get the team right tonight.
    Here’s the team from last season that was uncremoniously dumped out of the C1 Cup by Sheff Wed.
    Cech
    Debuchy…Mertesacker…Chambers…Gibbs
    Kamara…Flamini….Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Iwobi…..Campbell…..Giroud

I will have a go at a small match report this evening when I get in (I have a dentist appointment first thing tomorrow), though I’d imagine those of you following the live text updates on Arse.com will probably have a better idea of how the game progressed than me!

3. bops says:

Dont want to nitpick but your team only has 10 players 🙂

No idea what you boys are on about? 🙂

I thought the ten men was on purpose in preparation for Saturday. Might as well start to practice early.

6. Vp says:

I count 11 but what would I know, we use the metric system over here

Thanks Raddy, a perceptive introduction to what for me, will be a no pressure game. As you say, this should be an excellent spectacle with two sides evenly matched (assuming we make 8 or 9 changes).

We’ve got the strongest squad ever under Arsene in terms of depth and quality. I’m hoping Perez gets off the mark with his first goal for Arsenal.

Wierdly the game doesn’t seem to be televised on any of the usual channels. Apparently there is live streamoing on Bet365, but I assume you have to be signed up to them to access that.

Does anyone know of a pub in N. London/Potters bar areas that will be screening the game?

Thanks for keeping up the excellent widgetry chas, I guess the C1C column should be re-labelled the EFLC ….. what’s going on there, how could they fail to find a sponsor?

Haha 🙂 no sooner mentioned than rectified – thanks chas 🙂

Is the pic above another of your unspoken observations?

I am encouraged by the fact that the game is being shown in Denmark. That means that the Pins will certainly have the game on live. At least I hope so, going all that way to see Leicester or someone equally uninteresting would be very disheartening. (chooses a word the passes the Peaches mum test)

Rasp
    If the Captain’s cap fits………… 🙂

Thanks Erik
    Love to see that line up, although sounds like the “seeing” bit is going to be the problem.
    Let the jungle drums ring out he who finds link first.

Another thing about Forest, is we have to thank them for us playing in red as ’twas they what lent us some shirts
    So, thanks Forest.
    Yer northern bastards 🙂

13. Thanks Raddy for the pre-match, i like the look of your team but I think the days are gone when AW puts out a proper second eleven. We need all our top guys to be fit for the Chelsea game but AW is bound to make Cazorla captain and play him for 90 minutes.

I’ve just phoned around a few north London pubs – including The Pins and they all say no to showing the game tonight 😦 In fairness The Pins actually said “I don’t know” so they may find a way later.

The Mirror gave a couple of sites but they’re only for those abroad – not much help at all lol

One stat I’d like to see improve would be the goals scored compared to last season – see chas’ widget on the right.

We only bagged 2 in the C1C last season so I’m hoping we can improve on that tonight 🙂

I agree we will, and should, play a 2nd/3rd eleven. The squad is so good this year, we may as well try and win this thing and get an early cup in the cabinet – don’t you think?

Last one …… for chas 🙂

16. LBG says:

A good attacking team, and could this be an opportunity for the Ox to shine?
    Thanks for the post Raddy. Hope bench is strong and changes are made soonest if things not working as a comfortable 3-0 win is what I want. Predict another Xhaka blaster IF he is selected. I would like him and Elneny to play against Chelski. Just me!

Thanks Raddy,

I like the look of your selection, I cannot remember a time when we had such a deep squad. It’s probably the deepest squad in the PL but that does not necessarily mean the best squad as I believe that other teams possess credible/proven strikers whereas ours are under the looking glass.

Hi GN5, here’s one for you 🙂

Has anyone got any warnings about signing up to Bet365 in order to watch tonight’s game on a stream?

LB, I’ll bet you any day of the year there is a catch, except in a leap year.

Thanks Raddy. Hope to find a venue to see it but likely to miss the first bit anyway. Will be intrigued by our team selection.

Hi GB, are you going to join us at the C & S to watch the game?

Rasp

Are you talking about tonight or Saturday?

Hi LB, tonight. The C & S is a pub in Potters Bar, you’re welcome to join us if you fancy hopping on the train (or cycling?)

Really? Are you sure they have the game? What does C&S stand for?

Cask and Stillage. We’ve phoned them and they say they will be screening the game. Why don’t you call them yourself for confirmation … 01707 656725

26. LB – I did the bet365 stream thingy a couple of months ago and it was a scam, you have to sign up to another site and once they get your bank details they keep taking money. Maybe they’ve sorted it now but my advice is be careful.

Hmmmm, now I have to make a decision……………

Thanks Peaches

29. Look we just blame GoonerB if they don’t manage to find the stream, he called me to say that when he spoke to them they reckoned they would be able to find it.

Rasp, I rang them and they said it should be on, so not quite a full definite. Not so far for me so no big waste of my time if it isn’t. Something has come up with me that I didn’t expect but am hoping to get there ASAP.

31. I called The Pins and the guy said ‘maybe’ but he wasn’t sure, the Cask and Stillage is nearer 😉

32. Oooops there he is 😦

Rojadirecta normally have a stream. It takes but of jiggery pokery and mucking about

34. LBG says:

Chas 1.07
    Now that’s a pair of gonads! Hope AW shows his own in the weeks to come. A few substitutions after 50 mins or 55mins occasionally when things don’t seem to have changed after half time, for instance!

LBG,

I would like to see AW to use his substitutes earlier than he does but I think that’s just a wish and hope as he seems to be firmly stuck in the 70 minute routine.

Rasp,

Yep that’s me alright a head full of numbers. Stats are important to use a a decision making guide, but not to be used at the exclusion of all else. (at least the % of the time) 🙂 🙂 🙂

Match on liveonfooty

38. LBG says:

Raddy – just reading your post again!
    “That’s a team and yet it lacks……….and the entire 1st X1″………not for me!
    Elneny and Xhaka are definites for my first X1, and as I have said before, I think Perez deserves a long run and, I believe would prove himself undroppable!

39. fred1266 says:

Asano got an assist today

LBG. That is what happens when I write a post under the influence of Merlot! I agree – Xhaka would be in my first choice 11.

41. Hi Raddy, I’ve searched liveonfooty and nothing comes up.

TEAM NEWS: Xhaka and Lucas start

Granit Xhaka and Lucas have been named in the starting line up for our EFL Cup third-round clash against Nottingham Forest.

Emi Martinez starts in goal, with Rob Holding and Gabriel pairing up in the centre of defence.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles starts at right back, with Kieran Gibbs at left back and captaining the side.

Mohamed Elneny partners Xhaka in midfield and Lucas starts up front, with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Chuba Akpom supporting him in the Arsenal attack.

Under-18s captain Josh Dasilva is among the substitutes, as are Ben Sheaf and Stephy Mavididi.

Arsenal team: Martinez, Maitland-Niles, Holding, Gabriel, Gibbs, Elneny, Xhaka, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Reine-Adelaide, Akpom, Lucas

Arsenal substitutes: Macey, Bielik, Sheaf, Dasilva, Zelalem, Willock, Mavididi

Copyright 2016 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to http://www.arsenal.com as the source

I’m going to listen to the game on Arsenal player.

Oooh I got 9/11. Happy with that.

I clicked on the stream Raddy and my Virus program gave me a warning to back out.

GN5 Works for me,

Try the Rojadirecta site

Good old Denmark TV. Now to improve my Danish.

We’re in the rub a dub and we have a stream 🙂

I spoke too soon. It’s a stream and it has just gone blank.

online footy has a good stream

First 10 minutes and we are not exactly fluent. Ox forgotten that we are playing in yellow and not red and white.

That stoopid prat Bendtner has just gone through the back of Xhaka and picked up a yellow

Woooooo. He’s done it again.

Xhaka!!!! what a goal 🙂

What a cracker from Xhaka 😀

Great goal by Xhaka, 2 cannons in a row 🙂

Good night so far – the chavs are losing

🙂 chavs 2 nil down now

59. fred1266 says:

Perez playing striker or LW

What’s up with the ref, that’s 2 nasty tackled by Lansbury, he should be on a yellow

Rasp. He should be off. Both were vicious.

Liking the performance though uncertain about the input of Perez – where is he playing?

Ox painfully off-form.

Perez takes a fine penalty. Much better than either Santi or Sanchez

Hi Raddy, great free flowing attacking football as you predicted. Great for Perez to open his account. A coolly taken pen.

Enjoyed that Perez goal. Strength and pace

That’s the kind of player we want Perez to be

After a horrible first half Ox has had a fine second. Unlucky not to score a terrific solo goal

And then he scores a beauty ….

68. How lovely 🙂 4-0, hope chas and Ant had a blast. Well done Ox for all his hard work and a well taken goal. Nice for Lucas to get his first goals and another thunderbolt from Xhaka …….. all good 🙂 🙂 🙂

69. LBG says:

Peaches, you can bet your house and grandchild that Chas and Ant had a blast!

Yep, enjoyed that, got lots to say but I am going to wait until Chas’ view from his pew.

Great picture.

You guys always seem so happy

I suppose 4-0 helps.

73. chas mobile says:

Haha, 4-0 and we got to sing to Our Lord Bendtner. 🙂

74. Ant says:

Glad all over
    Granit Xaka
    Granit Xaka
    It’s not that song!

75. Ant says:

It’s only a bus home….

How long is the bus ride ?
    I hope you have strong bladders

Peaches/Rasp I’ve Emailed you a new post.

Still balming

Miss two games, we go and score 8!!!

Things are looking goooood

Motning All

I did see last 20 mins courtesy of liveonlinefooty on my telephone!!!!

Chas/Ant and the away boys were in very fine voice. Ok, best wait for the post. Can’t wait to see some ratings

I watched the first half, too tired, went to bed. so between us micky we watched the whole game 🙂

It’s been a fine run of games. 11 goals in 4 games, 3 wins and a draw, 3 of the games away from home.

Happy Days

Eddie
    Did WE enjoy the Xhaka goal or what?

we did!! It gives us so much hope!
    I said it before (a few times) that I love proper goals from distance. I can appreciate the close range first touch, team work, lots of sweat goals, but the whoppers from a distance have always been my favourite.

Will xhaka score many more of them? Is this his forte?

A comfortable 4-0 win in the League cup with only two youngsters in the starting line up, if BFG, Welly and Rambo were fit it would probably be none.

Nice for Arsene to be able to bring youngsters on with the game won rather than have a queue of experience on the bench waiting to be unleashed if the youngsters didn’t deliver.

Really liked Perez’s second goal, good strength and nice touch to take the ball past keeper at speed, was like a magicians act where keeper thought he was about to grab something that had been made to disappear.

Oo ah Exile, I haven’t seen that Perez goal. Sounds right up my street. Does it mean we have a new striker?

I go youtube