Giroud was always Wenger’s Plan B …. Vardy fits Plan A

Following on from LB’s post yesterday asking what we could expect from Vardy in an Arsenal shirt, I thought that I would delve a bit deeper into the factors that would affect that expectation and why he is the type of player we need.

Obviously all this is based on the assumption that Vardy will sign for North London’s Finest ….. so take that as the premise and run with it.

Olivier Giroud and Jamie Vardy are polar opposites in the spectrum of strikers. Both are very good at what they do but they have little in common in terms of the striker’s repertoire.

Arsene bought Ollie when we were still having to be careful financially. He was the best we could get with the money available and his goal tally since signing make him very good value for money.

We have seen from the first games at the Euros that Giroud is a much better hold up player in a 4:5:1 than that Kane bloke from some minor club down the road, but we also saw in France’s game yesterday that a striker of his type struggles when the pattern of play doesn’t suit …. he benefits from chances created for him but doesn’t create that many chances from his own play. Giroud won’t pick the ball up at the half way line, weave and trick his way through the defenders and tuck it away, he’s not built for that.

Let’s look at our style of football. Arsenal under Arsene Wenger have been compared to Barcelona. The Dutch model of total football is often quoted when describing our fluid style of play (when it’s working). OG can hold the ball up, he’s very good with his head, he makes clever lay offs …. but those aren’t the core attributes required for the aforementioned style of football. No, that requires pace, movement, good close control, mobility, a clinical finisher …. remind you of anyone?

We were actually heading down this road when Welbeck became first choice striker towards the end of last season. That version of Plan A had to be shelved due to Welby’s latest untimely injury. Vardy is just a more finished article than Welbeck. Morata fits the bill. None of the strikers we have been linked with have been ‘Girouds’.

Ask yourself this….who will benefit most from a sliderule pass from Ozil? Who will have the pace, movement and incisive runs to capitalize on the genius of the best ‘assister’ in the world?

So my conclusion is that Arsene has been pragmatic. OG was the best we had and we have tried to play to his strengths when he’s leading the line, but in reality, a player like Vardy is what the system really requires and that would have been Plan A all along. We won’t have to adapt our style that much to accommodate Vardy, we’ve been having to compromise it all this time to get the best out of Ollie.

Rasp

Codicil…

I should make reference to GoonerB’s continual evangelism last season on the need for a ‘fast fluid striker’ and  for Total Arsenal’s undying love for all things Ollie 🙂

173 Responses to Giroud was always Wenger’s Plan B …. Vardy fits Plan A

Great stuff, thanks Rasp

To endorse what you say, Plan A is really hard to put into practice when you look carefully at the viable options.

We can list on one hand the worldy Plan A’ers, and unsurprisingly, they are all at Barca, Real, Bayern and City, with the exception of Aubamayang and arguably Higuain. The little I’ve seen of the Euros so far, has merely underlined this.

It’s hard to see better short term options (if you believe, like I do, in the potential of Danny) beyond Vardy

I don’t particularly rate Lukaku, so what are the viable Plan A options. Sounds like we need RC78 on the case 🙂

Yep I agree Micky. Coming in for Vardy early was smart business because there’s going to be one hell of a fight between the big boys after the Euros to get one of the few other available options and I can anticipate some outrageous transfer fees. Let’s hope that as LB says, the deal is done and will be announced at the appropriate time.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan although not an out and out striker would be a great option. I can’t see many selling clubs doing deals until the Euros are over.

4. njstone9 says:

Wenger said that we’d be looking to add to our striking options before (I think) the injury to Welbeck.

Surely Vardy can’t be the only player he wants to buy. I see Vardy playing wide with Sanchez on the other flank. Will Walcott accept his relegation from centre forward to winger to the bench?

If Walcott goes, as well he might and possibly should (West Ham would be good for him and not too far a move), then Wenger still needs to buy another striker.

I’d like to see us linked with an Eduardo type player to play, gasp, *alongside* Giroud. Someone to benefit from his flick-ons and overall hold up play.

Even if Walcott stays, I’d be quite disappointed with just Vardy because numbers-wise, it still means we’re operating with only 2 forwards (I’m discounting Theo and Sanchez).

5. TotalArsenal says:

Cheers Rasp ☺️

You know my point of view so won’t elaborate too much. I reckon Wenger has asked Vardy to play on the left of Giroud with occasional stints centrally. Vardy, like I reckon Higuain in the past, is probably not too keen to play there, and that may be a reason for the delay in decision. I reckon there is only a small chance he will leave his teammates behind this summer, but love to be wrong (and LBs systematic wishful thinking is very appealing 😍 ).

Wenger may try different plan As but he is likely to fall back on OGas the holding CF eventually again. What we can learn from the Euros is that teams defend much better now and what really is stake is the finding and creating, and then maximising, space. The European super CFs have looked isolated and relatively harmless and team goals are making the difference at the moment. Ollie fits perfectly into this.

IF we do sign Vardy it will be, as others have mentioned, because we need 10 more goals to win the title, and we are not going to get them from Theo, Ox or Welbeck next season. Vardy as plan A is unlikely to happen, but he would start a number of games if he is to sign for the mighty red and white. Whatever creates the maximum attacking space is what Wenger will be going for in each and every game. 😜

6. TotalArsenal says:

NJ9

Fourth paragraph is bang on the money.

I reckon Alexis could play as CF but Wenger is not too keen on doing so, as he does not want to play a Barcelona like tiki taka system.

Morning Total, yes you’ve always been consistent in your strident support for OG 🙂 .

I like him, I’d definitely want him in the squad but I would dispute the idea that Ollie would be a better cog in ‘team goals. I think Welbeck played a lot more for the team simply because he can get about more, and the same would be true of Vardy.’

8. grimes says:

I have a beautiful dream.
    Mahrez-Vardy-Slimani wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

9. TotalArsenal says:

Not sure you are right, Rasper. Vardy can look lost when there is little space to run in to, but he offers something different and knows how to find the net, so he would be a good signing Welbeck had a good restart, but unlike many here, I don’t rate him as good CF potential, other than playing off a CF on the ‘wing’. Let’s hope he will stay fit once he returns and then have a long run in the team, so we can all see him coming good as a Gunner. 😀

10. I’m torn. I’ve always thought Giroud was plan B due to a lack of a better option, but the fact we’ve gone for Vardy makes me believe that Wenger likes Giroud, but wants a versatile option to take a bit of the pressure off him when he gets tired. I think Vardy will be asked to play on the wing from time to time (like Welbs was) and then cover for Giroud when hes looking jaded.

If Wenger really didn’t fancy Giroud then I think he would’ve gone for a better player than Giroud.

The other theory is that he likes Akpom and therefore Vardy’s age is a perfect stop-gap until he matures into a first team ready striker.

I’m not sure Vardy is coming though to be honest, so it will be interesting to see what happens if he turns us down.

11. fatgingergooner says:

correction

If Wenger really didn’t fancy Giroud then I think he would’ve gone for a better player than Vardy.

Thanks Rasp.

The problem is that we have been spoiled.

Wright, Henry and Van Persie, all real world class players, were in the Arsenal team for almost 20 years.

Vardy and Giroud are good players but sadly nowhere near the quality of those three. Few are.

There is only one player in the PL of that standard – Aguero.

We have seen from the Euros that there is not a single top class CF in the tournament (as yet).

Vardy will have to fit into our system and in this I have to assume AKB

Thanks for the read Rasp

I am in agreement with TA above at 10.37.

Vardy can and will look lost when there is little space but that is not what we need him for as most people have also recognised above.

Unlike Leicester we only need him on specific occasions. Imagine we are playing Barça: we will have very little possession but we will get a chance on the break, think TH in the CL final, think Bendner at the Nou camp. Up until now we have tried to play either Walcott up front which has failed miserably or Giroud who is not suited to that role in that kind of game. With Vardy, however; well, we all saw how effective he was on the break last season and that is one of the reasons (the CL) that I am so excited about his arrival. We may still be short of beating Barcelona but I would not fear Bayern anymore, in fact I would welcome such a draw.

So what of Giroud? I am far less worried about this now as we will only need to play him in the kind of game that suits him best and there are quite a few of those. Think Sunderland with 10 minutes to go and the score is one-one, they are camped on the 18 yard line, not much need for Vardy here, in the same way that Walcott was a waste of space but Giroud, well he is very good in these situations, that’s not to say that there aren’t better players out there but Giroud is not leaving Arsenal any time soon so we are where we are.

In short I don’t think there is a plan A (Vardy) and plan (B) Giroud as they are both very good at what they do in games that most suit them.

The club have made no statement to distance themselves from the signing of Vardy, none whatsoever and after this amount of noise they would have at least said something, but what we have had is conformation from Claudio Ranieri that Arsenal are in talks to sign Vardy — up shot, Welbeck injured, we need him, he needs us, done deal.

Slim

How about Wenger signs Vardy due the fact that Welbeck is out for the best part of the season if not all and has nothing to do with how much he does or does not like Giroud? Just a thought.

Mourinho, Guadiola and Conte are going to use their connections and their huge resources to sign every grade A striker who is even slightly interested in moving. This does not make me think less of Wenger, this makes me think that he is doing the best he can with the obstacles set against him.

15. njstone9 says:

How would people feel if we made a move for Sturridge?

If Pool really do want Walcott, then I think it would be possible to do a swap.

Rasp – Below I have shown our PL history for goals for, goals against and final position.

To me it’s pretty obvious that the lack of goals scored cost us the opportunity to win our 4th PL title. I don’t know the stats for the amount of chances made versus chances scorned – but I would be shocked if Arsenal weren’t not top of the list.

That may well have been a different outcome if hadn’t seen so many of our key players – Welbeck, Walcott, Oxlaide, Alexis, Ramsey, Santi etal – side-lined with injuries.

We have been looking for a player to fill the “fox in the box” role since way back to 2001 when we signed Francis Jeffers however he did not live up to the “fox in the box” tag.

Vardy has proven (in one season ) that he is indeed a “fox in the box” I firmly believe that he is the missing ingredient we are looking for and I just hope that it does not turn out to be another case like Luis Suarez where we could not get the player to sit down and sign a contract.

Season – GF – GA – Pos
    2012/13 – 72 – 37 – 4
    2013/14 – 68 – 41 – 4
    2014/15 – 71 – 36 – 3
    2015/16 – 65 – 36 – 2

17. LBG says:

Nj9
    If Walcott goes……..Wenger still needs to buy another striker…
    Don’t know about availability but I feel ex Manure Hernandez would also do the box poaching if fed by Ozil! I say also as I am convinced Vardy is that kind of acquisition.
    Please, please not Sturridge!!!

Hi GN5, I think this is one case where the stats don’t lie. I agree with you in that it was the lack of goals from midfield and wide that cost us last season.

I also agree that Vardy will score goals – but from what position?

I would like to see him interchange with Alexis on the wings, he has an amazing knack of being in the right place and then has the rare ability to make the most of the chances presented to him. That said, in the Leicester games that I watched I cannot recollect seeing him play on the right.

One negative in my mind is that he has looked like a fish out of water in the England side – is that because he is over awed or just not a top class player?

He has scored 2 excellent goals for England and so far not had a chance (despite being the obvious sub) in the Euros

Hart; Walker, Cahill, Smalling, Rose; Dier, Rooney; Lallana, Ali, Sterling; Kane

While looking up team news on sky, they had this little gem

“All the latest transfer news, as Arsenal are linked with a £27m move for Bayern Munich star Mario Gotze”

Mmmm, not my idea of great news 🙂

Is that the same team that faced Russia?

yip

It’s unbelievable that he is starting off with Sterling – he made great runs against Russia but never had an end product.

LB
    Have you upgraded yourself and Mrs LB yet?
    One swift swipe of your little plastic friend and it’s a “see ya in Tokyo children” 🙂

Rasp I looked up Vardy’s stats for England and he has scored 3 goals in 8 games – against Turkey, Germany and the Netherlands.

So I will not rely on short term memory again.

Woy obviously has more faith in Kane than he does in Vardy, even after Kane had a stinker against Russia. Playing the same teams plays right into the Welsh teams hands as they will know exactly what to expect.

I will be watching the game on a delay of about 30 minutes – I’m off to drive the grandchildren to school.

Roy is currently confirming my worst fears – he’s far too cautious and conservative.

He should have started with Wilshere in place of Ali and Vardy for Sterling. Let’s hope he makes those subs early if we need them.

29. TotalArsenal says:

Dont you love it when they have a pop at the half-moon faced one? Kane did not have a touch in the box all game against Ruskies…. world class hahaha 😀

30. TotalArsenal says:

Am with you Rasper. Dele Alli, LalalalaLana, Sterling should all be second choice to Super Jack…. Rooney needs to play up-front and Jack to feed him, with Vardy to benefit as well… I feel the Welsh will dominate midfield and be the better team.

F&@£@ing Sterling, that should have been 1 nil. Vardy would have buried that 😦

Make subs now Roy FFS. Sterling off, Vardy on

33. TotalArsenal says:

a Pirloesque foul by Rooney 🙂

Hodgson hold your head in shame. We should be 3 nil up. Why would you play sterling in front of Vardy??????

35. TotalArsenal says:

Jack and Vardy to spice things up and show some spirit and control the game.

Well, well, this is going rather well
    If you’re Welsh
    Which I’m not
    😦

Two changes. Could get tasty

So Roy waits till half time to play the team he should have started with. I expect no less than a draw from this game. Maybe Guardiola is right in not fancying Joe Hart – he really should have kept that shot out.

39. LBG says:

Fox in the box!

And what a surprise, Vardy scores 🙂

Much tastier

42. TotalArsenal says:

Time for Jack to shine

I don’t think he’ll use our last sub in case we get an injury

I think he will Rasp 🙂

45. TotalArsenal says:

Dear me, more attackers but shite service for them..

I was thinking that Total, but I’m watching on a small telly as I pushed the wrong button on the big one and need a child to help me get it working

Sterling has been out of form all season, he should have taken Townsend who has been on fire. However we do in this comp, Roy has to go.

ha ha
    Misread, and thought you said shite surface not service 🙂

49. LBG says:

MoM – Ashley Williams and Aaron Ramsey

Yesssss

My chart is back in order

Can’t see the same starting XI against Slovakia

Let’s hope not Micky 🙂

Both subs scored. I do hope Roy doesn’t take the credit for the win, although I do give him credit for making the subs at half time – that was crucial.

54. LBG says:

All that is missing from team for next game is a player to open up a defence with dynamic pass….step forward JW!

55. njstone9 says:

So… anyone a little warmer about a bid for Sturridge now? 😉

Wilshere should be starting in place of Sterling.

56. LBG says:

No more than tepid, nj9

57. LBG says:

One Sturridge does make a (reliable) striker

58. LBG says:

I don’t know why I bother ……doesn’t.

Just got bored by another dull England performance.

Do we really have not a single player who can find a decent pass?

The midfield was at best pedestrian.

And Rashford???? FFS. Is this the best we have?

I’d drop Rooney and play Jack there instead.

They should have taken Theo and the Ox

And made Iwobi a Peer of the Realm
    And Reine-Adelaide a Duke. At least
    Pathetic
    Short sighted

beware bad goalkeeper language

Cheers for the post, Rasp.

I’ve no idea how Vardy will fit into the Arsenal set up at home when we play against a team that largely sits in its own half.
    Away from home I’d imagine he’ll come into his own.

I can see the pair of them playing together, too.

I’m really not sure about Morata as a pace and mobility player. He’s a big old unit isn’t he?

Strange how a long throw is always “launched”.

Well he’s 6ft 2in, but pacy and mobile with quick feet, so no slouch.

Ger/Pol should be an exciting game, instead it is as all as England

I thought it was a good game
    For the first time in some 30+ years the polish are actually trying!! Huge difference in the team, I’m delighted.

69. JM says:

Coming on as a sub, with an equalising goal for England.

70. JM says:

Coming on as a sub, with the winning goal in extra time for England.

71. JM says:

Club mates next season …. rivals for now.

72. JM says:

Commitment and heart – Northern Ireland’s 2-0 win over Ukraine.

Player?

Bastien Schweinsteiger?

Nwankwo Kanu?

Are you sure neither of mine are correct?
    Was really confident.

77. chas mobile says:

Fancy not guessing Terry Butcher on the day it is him.

Yeah right. Every other one was Terry Butcher, so I knew damn well you would bowl me a googly one day

Terry Butcher?

Leave it out Erik. Seriously not funny. I have been trying really hard at this bloody game and it is not easy.

Me too. Manu wine ? Coal son. Is my best guess at the moment

In fact Erik, and I don’t want to fall out, but I think your rather laissez faire attitude to Chas’ hard work, merely reflects your casual approach to life in general and does you no favours whatsoever.

Micky. I the words of the Great man Mahatma Gandhi ” when one walks in a house of glass, it is best not to garner stones for the throwing purpose”

The words of Gandhi change nothing

Oh God, I suppose we have to talk football.

It has been a tournament of quality defending and little attacking creativity.

I like the French winger who plays for BM, Colman. He looks top quality.

That’s enough football …. work beckons

From what I saw of Gotze last night, I bloody well hope we are unlinked with him prontissimo. Just what we don’t need.

I guess that other little French fella Griezmann looks the swingers

and what about Khadira? or that german with eyes on side of his head? They were nothing special, Poland should have won

Morning Eddie

I think Erik has a point about good defences, although naturally someone like me would interpret that as pathetic attacks

I think I am right 🙂

Kevin Richardson???

Que? vin rich hard son

Holy smoke Rasp. Not surprising they call you Mr Bloodylateralthinker

Brilliant sleuthing

92. chas mobile says:

I thought you’d get it, Rasp, being so good with puzzles. 🙂

93. TotalArsenal says:

Super puzzle, Chas, and how clever is the Rasper? 😀😀

94. TotalArsenal says:

Talking about clever, where is cul rouge? Is Redders on holiday?

95. LBG says:

Terry Butcher

Morning guys, I really enjoy chas’ morning quizzes. Have we bought anyone yet? 🙂

Here’s one for Micky only, pronounced in a french accent 🙂 ….

terry henry

99. LBG says:

Oh please.please Mr Rasp, sir. I know it!! Please, please

Rip Emu Lesbian Chas

Not a clue. 🙂

Tereee Buchere?

Looks very much like Monsieur Boutcherr

Italians won Erik. Don’t mind them winning it, although it’ll make my chart look rubbish as I have England beating Germany in the final 🙄

Micky. Highly optimistic of you. I have France to beat Spain

Here’s another for you …..

106. chas mobile says:

Ole glooge shhhh knee

No idea

Terry Oleg Luzhny Butcher?

Is that right, Rasper?

Silly me o, of course it is The Horse.

Looks like Petr Cech is on his way home

Spot on Chas 🙂

112. Sorry not around as i am ridiculous busy with work, just sitting down to watch one of the few matches of the Euros, little piece on Iniesta, which brought me here, as much as he is a wonderful player, I just realised Rasp is a dead ringer for Iniesta….

rickys aunt noelle

7.01 This chap has the look of a referee. HIs partner has good hair.

A young Mark Clattenburg

Watched the Spain game last night.

There was a point in the second half when the Turkish fans booed Arda Turan, their own player, every time he touched the ball.

Does anyone know why?

Bit of a tosser or something?

Tell you what, Erik, I only saw the last 20 minutes of Spain game, and although it was all over, I was not impressed by strikers including Morata

I do hope Arsene is not dicking about in France, and is sniffing around the Copa South America looking for an exciting attacker, ‘cos they’re sure as hell not in Europe.

He will be looking for another MF as always, though he has signed a n 18 y.o. Nigerian chappy who is apparently the dogs and plays central midfield

cosmic 🙄

Weird. RA taught me how to do the rolling eyes smiley face, and although sticking to the rules, it now comes out as a square box

🙄

10% of the entire population of Iceland are heading by all means possible today to cheer on their team against Hungary in Marseilles. A staggering percentage of people going to enjoy themselves

As far as the Croation Ultras are concerned I would simply execute them.As far as thee French stewards are concerned, they are non existent.

Another really exciting game of rugby. Brilliant from England

Rugby is not shown live here in Canada – what a shame – but we do not suffer from a lack of sports.

Today we have available on the US and Canadian channels –

ATP tennis – Andy Murray’s semi final has just started.
    US Open Golf.
    3 Euro football games.
    F1 Qualifying
    Major League baseball – 3 games
    Major League Soccer – 2 games
    Fishing

etc. etc. etc.

This is someone we all know well……………………..

GunnerN5 says:
    June 17, 2016 at 8:01 pm

rickys aunt noelle

127. JM says:

Copa America Centenario, QF

Chile 7-0 Mexico

90mins of onslaught attacking football from Chile (playing 4-3-3), with goals from their 3 forwards: Eduardo Vargas (4 goals), Edson Puch (2 goals) and Alexis Sánchez (1 goal).

I thought Mexico were a decent team 😦

JM

Brilliant info thanks. I ask Arsene to get himself to South America and you unearth someone called Vargas who scored four times more goals than Sanchez

I googled him and he plays for Hoffenheim. Also, he’s only 1.75 high, so no oaf either.

All we need to know now, is that he’s reassuringly expensive

I would rather have a player named Edson Puch.

Copa America yesterday. Two games. Twelve goals. Definitely been watching the wrong tournament

Is he expensive?

Hey Erik, do you think that if we slam doors and drop some metal things on hard floors, we’d wake up Chas and Eddie?

I am awake.

I am just snowed under, no time for chit chats 🙂
    And the European tournament failed to set the house on fire, so far anyway.

off to woods. laters

Walking the dogs, checking Polish worker’s painting skills and abusing lezzers is hardly snowed under

Just checked out Edson Puch and the chap is older than the FP. Plus he plays in Mexico and can be bought for two bob.

We need someone much more expensive.

Morning all, the lastest is that Vardy isn’t coming … according to an interview with AW in the far east.

I’d drop interest and make a £30m offer for Mahrez and give him Theo’s wages 🙂

Rasp
    While agree a winger would be great, what happens if Ollie gets injured (not that I think we’d score less goals as a result, but still 🙂 )?

And….. what the hell is Arsene doing in the far East?!?!?!

Tell you what, Arsene is still on very thin ice in my book. Only more goals will resolve my problem 🙂

He’s earning a few bob on the side Micky 🙂

….. During a question and answer session with Konbini, Wenger said: “Yes I thought about signing Dimitri Payet often. Very often, I have to say that I asked myself that question during my career.

“And I also have to say that I decided against it because he was not consistent. I have never doubted that he had enough talent to play in my team.

… I wish he wouldn’t admit to these things 😆

yeah, Wenger says that Vardy is and will be a Leicester player. Good, I am not sure he would fit in with our mob. i’d prefere Mehrez too

Raddy. I have 2 houses, 2 dogs, 2 humongous mortgages and a new divorce case on my plate. I no longer know if I am coming or going. All being well though I’d be ready for you by next summer.

146. njstone9 says:

Crucially, Wenger said “at the moment”. Then he said “Vardy will be a Leicester player”.

Wenger’s English isn’t the best (I’m speaking as a professional English examiner), and I’m not sure whether he really means the future tense in the second sentence or not. He also didn’t say “next season”. I’m not really convinced this is a Wenger denial.

Vardy surely could have announced by now he is staying at Leicester if that was his intention. Otherwise, from what Vardy himself said about not thinking about the bid from Arsenal, it looks to me either that the deal wasn’t completed in time and it has to be completed after England’s tournament is over OR that he does want to leave but is waiting for other offers before making his decision.

Don’t really think Vardy is up their for us in terms of a signing, and if he’d rather stay at Leicester then that’s fine by me. And I also think in reality we don’t want players who have to think about it, we want players who we agree a price for and they say just arrive happy that they now get to play for Arsenal or enjoying the prospect of a challenge.

For Cardy I think it would be the right decision to stay at Leicester if he was more 23-24 then maybe I’d expect him to want to go and challenge himself.

But this is a lad who has been playing a variety of levels before arriving at a club where he has become the star, at 29 that’s a big risk for a three year contract, whereas Leocester will keep him as long as he wants.

As for Mahrez and Payet I can’t say I knew of either before this season, and at 29 that tells you what you need to know about Payet and his ability to be consistent. Mahrez? Who knows at 24 that could have been his one great season or it could be the start of a consistency that’ll be worth £50m in a seasons time. Probably best time to sign him is now but it’s a gamble.

We either need ready made consistent performers, or the prospects with the talent.

Watched Iniesta for Spain and Barca, I constantly wonder how much for one of those? The lad is an absolute joy to watch play football.

GIE,

Iniesta is a rare example of a mid field player who can still be a super star at the rare old age of 32. I find his form and level of fitness at 32 to be quite incredible, he remains irreplaceable in the Spanish side.

Apart from Iniesta they are hard to like. Shame they play such great football.

Watching France Switzerland

Pogba could be immense in the Prem. and expensive 🙂

Agreed Micky, but why are France wearing the totnum strip?

Hi Rasp
    On my telly, it looks black and white ie German!

Superb, Albania scored

155. TotalArsenal says:

Reassuringly expensive lol

Its the way of the universal code of good footballers, Total, and you know it 🙂

Mmmm, I think Pogba might be a bit of a good time Charlie, and sort of comes and goes in games when it suits him. Dunno, don’t see enough of him to know.

Nite Gents.

158. TotalArsenal says:

So true Micky, and it makes the world go round. I want to buy a TV and my research tells me to buy one priced £400 but that is unreassuringly cheap… 🙃🙃

159. JM says:

A maximum of 2 more new signings going into the 1st team, taking the jerseys No.9 (a forward) and No.16 (any possible role), without anymore players moving out.

Busy weekend – back tomorrow.

Summer Solstice today
    Big Day for our Erik, and one he likes to spend with M&M’s
    Not the shitty little American confectionary things, rather Mead and Mushrooms 🙂

I can’t believe it, fooking albenia beat Romania. shocking, Romania used to have great national team

Excellent night ahead. Fire, mead, womanising. Can’t wait.

I have written a post, not sure about it ut better than nothing I suppose.

There is a New Post