3 points more important than A4.

What is more important  … some ne’er dowells expressing their dissatisfaction or three points in our quest to remain in the CL?

Had this been a non-match day I would have opened a discussion about the  best method of protest but IMO beating Norwich is far more important. All I will say is this – nothing the protesters do will have any effect; nothing will change, nothing.

We go into this game on an unbeaten run of 7 games which under other circumstances would be cause for celebration. We have not lost to Norwich at The Emirates – ever, we have scored 19 goals in our last 4 home games against Norwich. It should bode well.

Unknown-1.jpeg

But, Norwich are desperate for points, relegation is a real possibility with both their close rivals, Sunderland and Newcastle, picking up points. They have to get something from this afternoon and Arsenal should expect a battle.

How should AFC “set out their stall”(E. Gray 1994). We do not have the players for a physical battle so a focus on our strengths of pace and fast-passing will have to be the order of the day.

So … No Giroud. I would like to see Alexis central with Ozil left and Theo right but that won’t happen! I expect to see Welbz upfront.

With all the midfield fit will Ramsey start? Will Mr Wenger pick both Coquelin and Elneny ahead of the inevitable midfield battle ? Will  the impressive Iwobi be dropped for Wilshire? Will anyone be dropped for Wilshere?

Your guess has as much merit as mine so  – just for once – I make no predictions.

If Arsenal score early – we win.

Short PM today. Sadly, I have little time and a similar amount of inclination 🙂

169 Responses to 3 points more important than A4.

No matter what life and The Arsenal hurl my way, match day always manages to bush the tail, and a BR PM is the only way for the day to begin.

Agree about the early goal for so many reasons. Norwich will know that, and work like demons to stifle our game by keeping things tight.

4-1. Fact.

Lovely stuff Raddy. There is only one choice on match day …. get behind the team.

I have no idea what the best method of lodging a protest is, but displaying negative placards during a game cannot be right.

I still hope Arsene has an epiphany, but I fear he will go for his standard ‘safe’ choices.

I’d love him to start with Elneny and Coquelin. and play Jack and leave Ramsey on the bench with a front three of Sanchez Welbeck and Iwobi. Theo wouldn’t make the bench 😦

Asked what it will take to change the mood of unrest around the Emirates, Wenger said: “For me it is the quality of the games that is important. We want to win everything. That is the target every season when you start.

Couldn’t agree more but we are generally playing like shite and won 6 out of our last 16 games.For an intelligent man his various comments today are not well timed, but maybe he thinks they are.

If we get a resounding win I doubt the atmosphere will change.

Raddy you are forever the optimist but I honestly think the fans in a growing number have had enough andhe knows it..

Cheers, BR
    Short and sweet.

5. Ant says:

I’ve not had enough.

kelsey. You may be right about the majority but it doesn’t make them right, does it?

After all look who you voted into Downing St at the last two elections.

7. Rasp,

No Ozil? Or have you put him to left back!? 🙂

I wasn’t in the country,Raddy.

I won’t change my mind and in fact Wenger’s various quotes today show he is under great personal pressure. that is nothing to do with supporting the Arsenal.I have done it for long enough and I and others keep repeating the same thing that I want the man to go out with his head held high and not be barracked by a section of fans,until he just walks.

However he won’t change Kroenke won’t sell so that’s were we are.

In a couple of seasons when people look back they will always remember this season and what could and should have been.
    If we score great goals or just tap ins I am delighted as the next man but regardless of any result I want to enjoy watching my team play and that is becoming a rarity and others I know feel exactly the same.

This is just a blog and we are all entitled to our own views,aren’t we ?

I reckon he may well start the same team yet again.how Norwich approach it one would think they like numerous others will pack the defence looking for the odd breakaway.

You see nearly every game has the same shape to it and one knows what is going to happen most of the time , before kick off.

I will get off now as I don’t want to spoil it for othersespecialyy Ant and Chas are most much travelled and loyal supporters.

9. fatgingergooner says:

Cech
    Bellerin Merts Kos Gibbs
    Elneny Coquelin
    Ozil Wilshere Sanchez
    Welbeck

Ah so we play with 10 men today,good idea that will fool them 😉

Sorry,miscounted.

12. JM says:

My starting team:

Bench:
    Ospina, Gabriel, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Giroud, Campbell

13. fatgingergooner says:

Kelsey,

I know Merts is crap but its a bit harsh to say its like playing with 10 men!

Arsene Wenger manages his 750th game today which should be a cause for a great show of appreciation – instead our wonderful home supporters decide to show their disapproval of the best manager in our history. What a bunch of absolute ass’s.

It’s interesting (to me if nobody else) that between them George Graham and Herbert Chapman managed 742 league games – so almost the same as AW, I could bore you with the actual stats but suffice too say AW’s record is superior to their combined records in every single area.

Hi GN5, 🙂

Good to see you.

It is not just home supporters who have joined the mob mentality, it extends to all the tech users on radio, blogs and twitter, as Peaches pointed out earlier.

And let’s face it, there are even people who have never been to the Emirates, or have not been for donkey’s years who complain about the costs of tickets, the poor entertainment value etc. Go figure!

Interestingly, the supporters on here who do go to games, like Mr Duck and the good looking Ant, Peaches and Terry etc, who remain faithful and rational supporters.

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with voicing an opinion either in favour of, or against, someone or something, because freedom of speech is a hard won right. I have already made my own views known, so I will not restate them – suffice to say I agree with you in your estimation of the worth of the manager.

What is unforgivable is the vicious and unfounded hatred some fans use to direct their views against the manager. He is a human being and deserves credit for what he has achieved at Arsenal. but more importantly he does not deserve these bilious attacks.

I have, I am glad to say, never read such language used on here, and I hope it remains that way.

16. fatgingergooner says:

RA,

Look no further than Piers Morgan, who has 4.5million followers on twitter and decided that Wengers descussion about ego’s was directed at him! If thats not an ego then i dont know what is!

He has in the recent past called for us to bring in Moyes and Martinez! He’s currently bigging up Simeone. Last week it was Tuchel. Bolton are playing Wolves at the moment, maybe the winner of that will have our next manager! 🙂

17. VP of Oz says:

Casey Newton: There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins?
    Eddie Newton: Come on, Casey.
    Casey Newton: Okay, fine. Don’t answer.
    Eddie Newton: Whichever one you feed.

Looks like Arsene is coming out swinging, this isn’t something I’ve heard him publicly air before but we all knew the offers bit to be true, had no idea the banks demanded his continuation as a guarantee of sort on the loans.

“When we built the stadium the banks demanded that I signed for five years,” said the 66-year-old Frenchman.

“Do you want me to say how many clubs I turned down during that period?”

Construction began on the £390m Emirates Stadium in 2004, the year Wenger won the last of his three league titles with the club.

“The banks wanted the technical consistency to guarantee that we have a chance to pay them back,” added Wenger, who has been in charge of the north Londoners since 1996.

Fair enough that period is behind the club now…..but you do wonder just how much he could reveal about the constraints he has worked under if they forced him to leave.

Thanks for the pre match Raddy, must say Norwich have surprised me this year, in the Championship they played expansive football, Alex Neil with virtually the same group of players has attempted to turn them into a defensive counter attacking team. The locals round here are not entirely sure why, they pack the stadium week in week out in every league they play in, it’s not like relegation will see gate receipts drop.

Teams like Swansea, Southamptom and Bournemouth have proven that there is no need to pack in your playing style to stay in the league.

Saying that they’ll probably come out all swanky football today and play us off the park.

My club owes me nothing.

Hi RA,

As usual you are the voice of reason. The only way we might disagree on the subject is that while I dislike the rumblings of the negative BS we read and hear in the media and on blogs I am full of rage for the inane idiots that would chose to hold protests in the ground.

How and why would any sane or rational supporter make protests against the best manager in the clubs history on the occasion of his 750th league game? A manager who has won 2 out of the last 3 FA Cups and has never missed out on a CL spot – oh I can answer my own question – they are neither sane or rational.

GN5,

I have no time for protests, personally, they always seem so lame, misguided to me, either inside or outside the stadium, because only the sheep follow those with the loudest voices!

GIE has it right. We choose to follow the Gunners, nobody makes us, other than ourselves individually. The club owes me nothing either.

I am not an angel, and have a moan from time to time, but to be candid I always feel somewhat ashamed once I have cooled down.

But using foul language, or joining the lynch mob against anyone is not for me — but this is a crazy world we live in – so football can be no surprise.

Don’t know what has happened to Ant and Duck, I was rather hoping to hear more from them – altho Ant has made his view clear on this matter earlier. 🙂

[How about one of your special historical Posts? I miss them.] 🙂

GN5. Good to hear from you and I agree completely

I have not had enough.

I’ve bloody nearly had enough, and here’s why. 🙂

Cech, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Elneny, Ramsey, Iwobi, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud

Substitutes: Ospina, Gabriel, Coquelin, Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott, Welbeck

No no no, not Ollie starting ( 🙂 ), Danny on the bench. Nice to see Santi and Jack

AW showing who is boss. There is not a single fan who would have picked OG today.

If we do not win today the response will be ugly.

I could do with some of that hog roast at Chas’ wedding

My guess is Danny needs a breather….long time out back in to a lot of big matches, Arsene protecting him for summer and England. Given current media mood the last thing he needs is the England hacks on his back for not wrapping Danny and Jack in cotton wool

Right, quick shower. Mrs Didit a little upset I’ve got chainsaw oil on my best cashmere jumper. Ooops

Oil and cashmere is not good. Straight red card.

30. Thousands of people walking past the guy handing out the banners ignoring him

Peaches
    Was he on the end of any advice you could share on this family blog? 🙂

We don’t do banners peaches we are the Arsenal. Will Giroud and Ramsey both score possibly but most probably at about 11.30 p.m.

Arsene protecting Danny for England

You are not serious surely Exile?

Come on you Gunnnners

Shooooooooooot 🙂

Do you think Ant and Chas are still sober?

Are they watching on their phones or tucking into the hog roast (or the boilers?)

Erik
    I’m wondering if the roast comes with crackling, stuffing and apple sauce. God I’m hungry

Beer, food, beer, boilers. That order.

Mrs Raddy’s birthday. Young Raddy’s preparing dinner under interaction to save at the final whistle 😀

39. fatgingergooner says:

we can’t even do protests right! Haha! Bloody idiots.

So much for the majority of fans protesting. Pathetic.

But it was great to hear 90% of the ground singing “there’s only one Arsene Wenger”.

Whether he should be manager for not – we support the Arsenal.

Wonder if we can score?

Wonder whether we can get a shot on target in the first half?

42. Aaron says:

Go Arsenal and Wenger!
    The announcers are a bunch of tools. Call the damn game. savage what a loser.

43. fatgingergooner says:

Norwich defending really well so far. Going to be tough to break down.

44. fatgingergooner says:

A cross looks our most likely avenue of scoring so I understand why Giroud is on.

45. wally says:

I’m painting today. Sometimes i’m unsure of which room i’m in.

We could be 4 down. There is s total lack of leadership out there, we are distinctly second best 😦

Not one save for Ruddy to make.Three attempts off target or off a defender from Elnery,Kos ad mertesacker.

Yes cech saves us again and it’s only half time and for the second week in a row a team in the bottom 3 are outwitting us and look far more dangerous. This really is poor by our lads and week after week I hope it might improve but it doesn’t.

48. Aaron says:

Sorry Rasp, disagree. Forward for Norwich was not going to finish those chances, no angle, and they could not get a hint of the ball for 40 minutes. Arsenal will score!

49. Aaron says:

Kelsey, you really think Norwich, who just came up, are going to lie down. Come on mate-never going to happen. All those relegation teams are going to tough, tough points. Always!

Umm, that was symptomatic of much of the season.

Fantastic amount of possession, but …….. nothing else, so far.

Sterile, ineffective midfield passing and mispassing – our players individually are so much more capable than that – but as a team they are not at the races.

Very disappointing.

No Aaron, they are playing far better than us and look more of a threat anyone can see that.We play every week the same way totally predictable,sorry can’t agree with you.

52. Some great stuff on Twitter! You gotta larf’ 😃

Somebody shoot me.

Nice one 😉 Mind you he was half dead a few minutes ago but we must keep him on, you never know he might score before the season ends.

55. fatgingergooner says:

Norwich certainly had the more eye catching efforts but nothing clear cut for either side really apart from the one Cech saved with his foot.. All pretty comforrtable saves for Cech.

Once again a team is sitting on the edge of their box and making the field about 30 yards in size meaning no space for anyone. They are creating chances because they are playing on the break and running into space. I’m not sure what the answer is and i’m not sure even the best sides know how to get passed the wall when its done well. Thats why Atletico are beating the likes of Barca and Bayern.

My best guess is we need to wait for their attack and counter it, or take Ozil off for Welbeck and get the ball wide and just throw crosses in at every opportunity to build pressure.

56. Stay with it LB. Santi and Jack to come 😃😃😃

should never have sold frimpong or let kallstrom leave when he was on loan 😉

Aaron, Norwich have produced the best chances. Maybe you don’t think their forward is not good enough to score, but they’ve been the better team by some margin.

59. wally says:

Is this the players having their say in the wenger debate?

60. It’s such a lovely evening, the sun is still shining on the pitch and the supporters are doing their best to create an atmosphere.

Now a goal celebration would be nice 😃😃😃

61. Aaron says:

Well gentleman, I politely see it another way. When teams pack the 6 yard box, and counter it is almost impossible to get through, that is the new model, same as the old model. Coaches will eventually make adjustments and get a score-usually, if not teams can hit you on the counter. Many games will end up 1-0, or 0-0 or worst case scenario 0-1. But, as I said before if both teams just stay in their half I will quit watching futbol!
    Do not want to play simeone style futbol, if that is what you wish for go out and find the next Graham..lol

We clearly need to change our style of play. It’s just too easy to defend against us. Slow slow slow forward movement, too many players holding on to the ball too long because there isn’t sufficient movement up front – Giroud doesn’t create the passing opportunities Welbeck does.

63. fatgingergooner says:

Aaron, I agree.

Leicester have just won a title doing it!

Well, I enjoyed it.that half. Two different styles of play – one attacking against a spread defence and the other against 10 men wistin 20 yards of their goal.

I do think we should try a shot from distance

65. fatgingergooner says:

BR,

Agree with that aswell. Even if we dont score, it means the opposition have to think about it as a threat and that can make one of them close someone down and leave their space for a pass.

a shot Raddy, be careful what you wish for,Raddy

67. Aaron says:

There it is!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yessssssssss

May the flood gates open 🙂

69. fatgingergooner says:

what was that? Put Welbeck on and throw crosses in?

Yes Arsene, thats what i said! 😉

70. fatgingergooner says:

Need another.

71. fatgingergooner says:

what a pass!

We look so much more potent with Welbeck on the pitch

Exciting game now

The flipper stew is burning

It’s not flipper stew, silly. Tonight we have roast puffin with skua eggs.

What’s with Sanchez.no handhake or look from Wenger when he was subbed and he went straightdown the tunnel

ha ha ha

Oh, Mrs E says no robes. Formal wear only. Horns and fur.

78. fatgingergooner says:

why do we not sit back!?

suicidal.

79. Arsenal 1 Norwich 0 is the sort of result that takes me back to 1988/9; Liverpool 0 . Arsenal 2. The mental strength/bottle is evident somewhere! We love Arsenal!!!

80. Aaron says:

1 – 0 to the Gunners!

Welbeck is one of the few players we have whose work rate matches the Leicester team. His pace and determination make such a difference to our attack

Happy with that.

Enjoyable win against tough opponents.

And we are only two points behind Them

83. fatgingergooner says:

Great result but really need to look at the way we play when winning games. We are obsessed with scoring a second. Sometimes it makes sense to for the killer goal, but other times it just makes sense to sit in and protect what you have. We were 3 v 3 at times when we were winning! It’s crazy.

84. Janman says:

For God sake Kelsey give it a rest man you are like a broken record. Arsenal do not have any god given right to when any game. Norwich are fighting for survival what more do you expect.

Right. Now to enjoy some Puffin.

Essential three points
    Danny the highlight

87. njstone9 says:

Well thank God we won.

Indeed. Must go back of cave, find food

Well, Welbz changed the feel and flow of the game and overall, despite a spirited Norwich effort we deserved the win.

I hope the Canaries stay up, and Fat Sam and Ashley’s Bar Codes go down with Villa.

Erik says puffin – I says Tiffin – Micky says Barbecued Dolphin flipper ……. Booo.

Oh Janman is back, what a surprise. Blog on here last time two yeas ago andwho are you to tell me what to say. . Glad we won but we are playing poorly and that’s a fact.

Janman,

Welcome back.

The cameras showed just how feeble that ‘demonstration’ against Arsene was – despite the moaners convincing themselves they are in the majority.

We could still finish 2nd – and how terrible that would be — not.

Oh Henry B had to get in on the act as well.Must be the most two faced blogger i have ever met.

94. Janman says:

Thank you RA: I have not blogged in a long while because I have not had the time and to be honest I have lost interest as the topics never seem to change. People always banging on about the same thing. Far to many Piers Morgan wannabees! So do not expect to see too many future postings from me. However, I will say this, yes we are having a bit of a rough time but that joke of a protest proved that the fans who go to the games support the Arsenal and Mr. Wenger. How many other teams would love to switch places with us and be in such a bad place as us (sarcasm). Even though I have not posted in a long time I still read the blog when I can. People should not always take things so personal and understand the fact that not everyone has the same opinion. Good night.

I agree with you, Janman, both regarding the Piers Morgan wannabes and the stuck record. 🙂

I hope you can blog again.

96. Walter says:

I really can’t understand someone on here talking about the right to speak your opinion and then go on to say it’s wrong to voice an opinion which may be aggressive towards another.

Every one should have a right to protest and even to take it as far as a revolution…. even with violence. If that wasn’t possible or unacceptable then South Africa and other contries would still be under the rule of dictators and murderers.

You can’t have one rule for Wenger and another for the rest of the world.

97. Walter says:

The basic principle of protest is every persons right….. no matter how they do it. We should embrace that principle, not criticise it.

98. fatgingergooner says:

Embrace the murderers. Sounds good! 🙂

99. Walter says:

So fatginger…. Nelson Mandela and the ANC were in the wrong?

100. fatgingergooner says:

Walter,

Im just embracing the protest! I dont really care about Mandela or the ANC, and they certainly have sod all to do with Wenger or Arsenal!

101. Walter says:

It’s the principle ….. and it has a lot to do with Wenger, Kroenke and the Arsenal

102. Walter says:

If you were being oppressed in your home country you would soon do something about it! Wouldn’t you?

103. fatgingergooner says:

Yes, i’d hold up a piece of paper saying ‘Time for Change’ and cross my fingers! 🙂

104. Walter says:

And you have the right to do that in your country, in my country of origin, you could be imprisoned without trial or even shot dead for doing something like that. Be thankful that you live in a country where you can protest without fear. The people protesting about Wenger have a right to do it in anywaythey want….. the same as those who support Wenger can do the same. As you might say…. it is a free country. So I wish some people would stop complaining about people who are excercising their rights.

I would prefer that all the protesters were shot dead.

106. Walter says:

LB…. and their families and their children too….. you are sick

Well I was at the ground and I can say with pride that I was one of the majority who stood up and sang: there is one Arsene Wenger in support of the great man.

Change for the sake of change is what children who don’t understand the concept of consequences ask for.

Today was a good day.

Well, maybe the wives and children would be going a bit far but I have no problem with the idea of the protesters in the ground being taken out and shot.

109. Walter says:

You brave man LB…. you are lucky and privileged to live in a country where you are free and have choice. But typically because of that you don’t care about anything but your own selfish wishes.

110. Walter says:

You stood up and sang…”there is one Arsene Wenger”, this is protest too is it not?

111. Walter says:

You talk of consequencies, I and my wife were activists against a repressive regime in our country, my wife was murdered for her beliefs and I escaped with our two children. Now I am refugee in very good country where I can say what i want without fear. You talk of concept of consequencies;….. you don’t know meaning!

112. Shard says:

I have refrained from coming on this site because I didn’t want to get into a fight with anybody here. But today, I am happy. We won. And we won with a stadium full of people ready to put their voice to good use. One Arsene Wenger!!

Pre match talk of how this protest would be the harbinger of ‘change’ and how it’s unanimous that Wenger must go. How many fan groups all claiming to speak for the fans involved? And their organised, open ended, protests were no match for a spontaneous show of support for their main target. Our greatest manager. They’ve called him names for years, undermined his every achievement, painted falsehoods and half truths about our circumstances, and still…despite our probably worst ever season under Wenger, they have only a handful of twitteratti in their corner.

Like LB says, today was a good day. Today gave me hope. The silent majority stayed silent no longer.

113. Aaron says:

Even if you protest, and it ends violently, many countries are still filled with corrupt leaders, dictators and murderers. Just because a country has a constitution and labels itself as democratic, theocratic or whatever else does not mean liberty!

114. fatgingergooner says:

Some interesting conversation on here this evening!

Bring back the sliding cats! 😂

115. Walter says:

Aaron…. you speak of the land of the Free…………. America?

116. fatgingergooner says:

👍👍👍

Oh dear sliding cats and can we lift the Peaches Mum test and have something that bounces.

Walter I am very sorry for your plight, but there is a huge difference between Arsene Wenger and a Dictator killing people.

I don’t think Arsene Wenger has ever given less than 100% in trying to bring back good times and maintain our status during a very difficult period.

If 1-2000 fans are holding placards saying get out there are 58000 not, that’s not a man without support. Thank goodness there are so many that realise this is a poxy game of football. And it is supposed to be enjoyable, so for f***s sake can’t we just enjoy the win, enjoy the fact that the club isn’t as divided as people suggest, and move on?

118. Ant says:

119. Ant says:

I reckon there was no more than 500 A4 pages held up today, that is one in every 120 attending Arsenal fans

120. chas mobile says:

What a great day it was!
    Thanks to all who stood up proud and supported our team.

121. chas mobile says:

P.s. the hog roast tasted even better after Danny had scored.

Abhhhh hog roast another food I am depriving myself of

123. Aaron says:

Cat bowling, Arsenal and Arsene forever!

124. VP of Oz says:

ESPN are saying that there was huge division within the stadium between the outs and ins. According to this blog site, there was a very small minority of outs and a very very large majority supporting their team, as it should be. My favourite out-take today is the following:

“Former Newcastle coach Steve Stone says Arsenal fans should put themselves in the shoes of Magpies fans when criticising Arsene Wenger.

The Arsenal boss has come under pressure from some sections of supporters after seeing their Premier League title challenge fall away.

‘I just can’t believe that you’ve got Arsenal fans calling into question what he’s done,’ Stone said.

‘Tell some of those Arsenal fans to come and support and watch Newcastle every week. They won’t be complaining about Arsene Wenger,’ he added.”

It is a dismal state of affairs if we have to cheer ourselves up by looking at someone else’s misfortunes.

I don’t care how badly Newcastle are doing, but I am concerned that we scraped a 1:0 victory at home over Norwich, club in the relegation zone.

126. Shard says:

Hi Eddie

I think why Newcastle is usually brought up is because their supporters hounded out a manager and it didn’t turn out very well for them.

But anyway. Arsenal fans can get so picky about how we win, but also simultaneously angry about playing well and not winning. You can’t always get everything. It was important to get the result today, and we did. Frustrations at not getting better results or better performances are irrelevant when it comes to being happy about that fact.

And schadenfreude is never a dismal state of affairs. Particularly in football 🙂

127. njstone9 says:

Given the context, a win and a clean sheet is a good result. Yes, we played badly, but at this stage of the season it doesn’t matter.

I’m more interested to see how we fare against City. They’ve got Champions League distractions and this season at least we’ve found it a bit easier playing better teams than supposedly weaker ones.

Beat them, finish the season with another home win, 73 points, 7 losses isn’t toooo bad. But to be honest, I just want this season to be over. Not that the transfer window is a traditional source of joy and respite for us Arsenal fans…

shard and nj – I don’t agree with you. Ok, there is little to play for – 3rd or 4th spot almost guaranteed, no chance overtaking Spurs.

But what about the fans – don’t they deserve to see their team playing well and securing a convincing win? What the heck are they paying for:? To see the team not being too bothered?

AND there were several moments when Norwich could have scored. And what would happen then? 1:0 at home is a very poor result

129. njstone9 says:

Normally Iwould agree. However, Arsenal have been struggling at home for weeks. It’s not through lack of effort. You seem to imply they had the option of turning on the style and racking up a comfortable 3-0 win.

We’re simply not capable of doing that at the moment. In cricketing terms, we’re badly out of form on a run of poor scores. You can’t expect to magic out of thin air a swashbuckling 50.

At the start of the season this level of performance would be very worrying. Right now it is virtually irrelevant. All that matters is securing 3rd, ideally, and to do that will require beating City. That’s the game we need a stronger performance in and given that it’s away, I’m more confident that we can do it.

Well, well, well, it’s all terribly nice so many being here so early, but there are a few things to clear up

Did Chas do a sleepover?
    Did Erik wear Horns and Fur?
    Did Ollie impress enough to get a move. Anywhere?

nj – so you are implying that we can switch on the magic out of thin air against City?

didit – 3.- did he feck. Useless prat

He’s a looker, Eddie

Funnily enough, I do think we can go and win in Manchester

Shard n Froyd,

Your comments @ 10:43 p.m. and 7:44 a.m. were spot on.

Say something else so I can have a stupid moan! 😀

135. njstone9 says:

No magic v City, I’d didnt mean to imply that if that’s what you thought I meant.

But City will try to win, and that will help us play our more natural game.

We are really struggling to score at home versus park the bus teams. City won’t park the bus. There will be space and it will come down to who finishes better. City are also distracted and may play with the handbrake on a little.

Likely result is a draw but a win for us isn’t impossible.

My prediction is that Utd will beat Leicester today, but Leicester will win the league tomorrow courtesy of Totnum losing at the bridge tomorrow

Could be a good Bank Holiday

137. njstone9 says:

United v Leicester has draw written all over it. Leicester don’t need to win.

NJ

If Utd lose or draw today, then a convenient draw between City and ourselves would suit both parties.

As you say, City have Madrid a few days later, so if Arsene picks the right side, reckon we could do it

139. njstone9 says:

Yes but I’d really like us to finish 3rd so we can make those big signings earlier, if CL qualification is a clincher.

We can’t be waiting till Ozil o clock before signing anyone decent again.

Morning

I am practically always consistent with my views and if we play well I will always acknowledge that but we may have just won yesterday and drawn and lost other games especially at Home, but generally as a team who were top of the league at Xmas and had the Title in our grasp, we are dire and it’s not improving.

Banner waving for or against does nothing for me in fact if anything it’sad.

No names, but I speak to a few people who blog that we all know and they agree with me, but when it comes to actually writing it down, they do an about turn.

That’s their choice but they aren’t realistic and only see the very few positives at the moment.

Wenger was a bit more animated during the match but looked totally knackered in his post match.He is no fool and knows people are unhappy.Does it matter what the percentage is, as he is ultimately responsible as he appears to do absolutely everything at the club.

he has one year left on his contract and we need several players most probably more than ever based on the last few seasons.

If AW wants to avoid a negative atmosphere at home games, then give the fans something to shout about. Today’s game was a perfect example of what is and has been wrong all season. Huff, puff and no penetration. One shot on target the whole game. Giroud static and playing like he has lead in his boots. Elneny gets better every game, but too many players underperforming for too long.

He got lucky.The crowd wanted Giroud off but he chose to take off iwobi who at least was trying, and Giroud gave the assist to Welbeck.

Norwich are fighting for their lives but playing these teams near the bottom of the table recently,shows how thin the line is between success and failure. Amen😉

Finally because I have been saying the same thing for years I don’t need a jerk to come out of the woods and basically be rude to me, especially when he said he is so busy he has no time to blog but is an avid reader,therefore he knows my stance for a very long time.. I held my breadth but someone else who blogs under various names,crawls aroud him. Pathetic.

Anyway, in conclusion I like Eddie speak my mind and if it is not appreciated I won’t post,it’s as simple as that.

Just looked it up

If Totnum lose to Chavs and Toon, but beat Saints, while we
    Beat City and Villa

We’d end a point above them

Something worth thinking about 🙂

I was very proud yesterday. When the chant of Arsene Wenger ran out the atmosphere was electric, supurb, reminded me of a Shaking Stevens concert.

Look, were never going to be like Liverpool or Newcastle for noise. These people are Northern so have nothing to live for, but yesterday showed the admiration and respect Arsene has with the majority

Those who held up there little banners embarrassed themselves, just like constant moaning makes you look like a Dick, so it was yesterday.

However, I have no problem with these people. Statistically speaking the more banner types, the more chance of available women. The only downside was there small number means I could be in for a drought? This left me numb, so stop moaning on websites, get yourself a match ticket, and start working on those banners you prats.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

Magnificent sliding catwalk from Shard. A fine return to the site 🙂

“Statistically speaking the more banner types, the more chance of available women”

Eagle eyed opportunism from The Master 🙂

145. Shard says:

agree njstone about finishing at least 3rd. No one needs those stupid CL qualifiers. Especially in a year with the (now expanded) Euros.

A draw won’t be good enough because City have a better goal difference.

And Eddie. No. The fans don’t ‘deserve’ anything other than a day out to watch a game of football. If a team shows no effort on the day, I can understand getting the hump about it (though it’s still not about deserving). But effort or a lack of desire hasn’t been our problem usually and certainly wasn’t yesterday.

Thankfully, finally, the fans weren’t getting on the team’s back yesterday.

Terry. As good as a Shakin Stevens concert! I find that hard top believe.

Here’s one with another Welsh Rock God

147. Shard says:

Not only were they not getting on the team’s back, there were ooohs and aaahs when we had a shot, or header from a corner, even if it went 4 or 5 feet away from target. Made me think of GIE.

148. To right Micky, all opportunities should be examined.

Raddy, you have obviously never experienced the euphoria of a Shaky concert?

Ten years back I was in the crowd and as Shaky belted out Green Door swathes of middle aged women lunged forward on mass to get a feel of Shakys denim. I was in the middle desperately attempting to reach the Shakys Rhinestone boot, when I noticed he was looking directly at me, but I think it was out of fear

It was at this point the great man fumbled his lyrics and unfortunately uttered “Oh shit, he wants the back dooorrrr”

Terry. I have 😡😡.

he was surprisingly good.

ha ha ha ha ha ah

151. Shard says:

Glad to see Terry retains his amazing and unique humour. Brilliant. (Even though I have no idea who shaky is 😳 )

152. Top man Raddy. He’s still performing and all gigs are sold out. He had a blip a few years back, getting nicked after hitting s Bryan Ferry over the head with a carrier back full of Tenents Extra, but is well and truly back.

153. Shard says:

Oh…and thanks for the acknowledgment, Raddy.

154. Shard, Shaky is a legend. He’s like Elvis, accept he lives in Pontypridd and instead of shooting TV,s, watches them.

Next time your over I will get you a ticket

155. fatgingergooner says:

There is a post in drafts btw.

There is so much excitement in Leicester, and I hope they are not heading for a fall, because the thought of the Spuds taking the Premiership is horrible.

Terry, have you still got that dodgy lasagne you supplied to bugger up their CL qualification a few years back? You know what to do! 😀

157. haha, don’t think we will need the lasagna Redders. We’ve got more chance of winning the league than them, though after close examination of the table, I accept it may be difficult

There is a New Post

159. Janman says:

Good morning. Reference the 0839 post from Kelsey. Yes I am well aware of your views that is why I said give it a rest. I did not believe I was being rude, if so I apologize if I was and yet you are the one calling people jerks, isn’t that being rude? Your problem Kelsey is that you try to make it all about you and cannot accept the fact other people may have a completely different opinion. You are entitled to your views but so are others. At the end of the day this is merely a blog to express views. It gets out of hand when personnel take it personal. That is why I don’t blog but I will on the odd occasion drop in and make a comment. For the record, results may not be as good as we would all like but is Arsenal FC really in such a terrible state as some folks would have us believe? Hope you all have a great day.

Janman,are you on a mission yet again.

it is absolutely not for you to analyse my views and I certainly don’t try and make it all about me,ask any of the regulars. in fact I blog less and less on here and to me you are just stirring things for what reason I am not sure.

I am surprised that admin let part of this comment stand, as if I call correctly it was you who started all this last night telling me to take a grip.You have no right to talk to me like that and that’s why i reacted.No apology coming from me, but for the blog’s sake just leave it please and if you object to me or me calling you a jerk, tell admin privately,.End of.

161. Aaron says:

So True! “And get it into your heads. Been third does not warrant protest, it just makes you look like a mug. As for Arsene, it’s not about wether you think his time is done, it’s perfectly respectable to hold that opinion. Its when you show disrespect and get nasty to a man who has spent the last 20 years of his professional life achieving a level of consistency unparalleled in the Clubs history.”

Ask manure how they are doing this year-again, or chavs…..
    Heard a loud supportive crowd during the Leicester game. Arsenal supporters should sound the same too. Don’t agree with the pool comment as everyone has a life, and fans should support the team!
    Entitlement to 1st or 2nd is an illusion, and the TV money will make the EPL even more competitive.
    Ask ALL the other EPL teams how easy it is to beat Leicester with the pack the 6 yard box and counter mentality. Arsenal have contributed to 2 of those 3 losses…..