Jack (Wilshere) and The Beans Talk

Jack’s full of beans …. probably too many beans!

He is feisty and mercurial on the pitch. He hates to lose the ball and will do anything to get to get it back. He wants to win every 50/50 ball … actually he wants to win every 20/80 ball. It’s in his nature. It’s the man he is and the player he is.

tackle_2885663

But is this aspect of his character the reason he has suffered so many injuries in his short career?

We love Jack and we know he loves Arsenal …. and he’s not too keen on that other lot ๐Ÿ™‚

We all know Jack has the potential to be a world class midfielder. He hasn’tย played enough consecutive games in for Arsenal for usย to be sure exactly where his best position is,ย  but we have seen glimpses of genius. Remember that performance at home against Barcelona? He was the best player on the pitch (and that was alongside Cesc).

I see this latest return as pivotal. If he can stay injury free and play to theย end of the season, he has a chance to realise his potential. But one more long term injury and the doom-mongers will say they were right and he is injury prone … the new Diaby.

Arsene isย managing him very carefully this time. Apparently he is fully fit and ready to go but we are being cautious – quite rightly so inย  my opinion. So maybe Jack’s biggest enemy is himself. Can he temper his natural aggression and factor a bit of self preservation into his decision making? There is no need to risk yourself on the half way line by lunging in, you have team mates who are better placed to put in a tackle.

The question I put out to you all today is …… what is the best way to manage Jack Wilshere?

Should we drum into him the need to avoid injury and in so doing risk losing that part of his game that makes him a great player, or, do we let Jack be Jack and just see how it goes?

Rasp

138 Responses to Jack (Wilshere) and The Beans Talk

Sorry, got caught by the new post shout.

GoonerB
    Answers to this morningโ€™s film quiz at 6.36am and 7.35am.

2. PV4 says:

Jack can’t play with a handbrake – it will be his eventual downfall. A shame, as he is a top player, who probably only has one realistic chance left at Arsenal. One more bad injury and that could be it.

Cheers, Rasp.
    Maybe Arsene is schooling him on two things.
    1. shifting the ball quicker
    2. not going to ground on every tackle

4. TC says:

Your article just highlights the poor coaching at Arsenal – habits that have never been addressed. Theo is the same.

5. fatgingergooner says:

Good news in the press conference this morning.

Coquelin back in full training ahead of schedule.
    Welbeck due back next week.
    ร–zil fit for Chelsea.
    Sanchez should be ready for Chelsea.

That’s a decent list of players to be getting back ready for the title push! Just hope they stay fit.

Rasp,

at the risk of repeating myself,I worry for Jack.his ankles have already taken a hammering and his low centre of gravity doesn’t help especially when he tackles.

Smoking of course stumps growth ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think it’s literally a toss up if he really makes it at Arsenal or not.

Rasp. Thank you

The solution has to be better leg protection. Steel splints and shin/ankle guards is the way forward. ๐Ÿ˜€

I SO want JW to fulfil his potential but you sum up his problems well.

Nice one Rasp.

I think your question regarding how it can be drummed into Jack that he needs to avoid putting himself into a position where he will get injured is somewhat rhetorical – who, in their right mind, wants to self-injure – because, apart from the pain – and for the purpose of this response, I will assume he is not a masochist – the cost to his career could be terminal.

You have in any event pre-answered your question in the second paragraph of your Post.

As you stated, Jack is Jack – by which it is implied that he can no more be taught to respond differently to stimuli on the football pitch than a blue-eyed person can become a brown eyed person, or Jack can change his core personality.

Jack is so left footed that part of his downfall is caused by being unable/unwilling to properly use his right foot, in a footballing context, and this means he constantly puts his left foot into unnatural positions to pass and tackle, and the inevitable injuries occur.

If he did try to change his modus operandi, and use his right foot as well as his left, he would probably be no better a player than Erik the Red – and get booted out of the club. Rightly so! ๐Ÿ˜€

His only hope is to re-learn from experience and school himself like a young child does – not to stick his fingers in a fire, because it hurts – and don’t always pass with the outside of his left foot, because it also can get hurt and mean the end to his professional career.

Brilliant, thanks Rasp

I’ve often wondered whether or not, on the Friday night on May 26 1989, anyone other than a player with Arsenal DNA , could or would have found the strength to make that end to end charge in the dying moments of extra time as did Micky Thomas.

With that thought in mind, I would always cut a player like Jack way more slack.

So, how to manage him? Wow, tough one. Strengthen the ankles, and persuade him to get out of the way before impact.

Is he bright enough? Dunno, so maybe Raddy’s suggestion of ankle armour is the only option.

Hi Micky, it is clear that Jack could go either way. He has Arsenal DNA and Hitchin DNA ๐Ÿ™‚

He likes a cigar and he’s had kids at a young age, not what you want to see in a player who should be focused on his career.

I don’t agree with Kelsey about his body shape. His low centre of gravity makes him mobile and hard to knock off the ball – he’s very similar in physique to Maradona.

If the suit of armour doesn’t conform to FA rules, we just have to hope that Jack can adjust his game in a way that doesn’t diminish his ability and worth to the team.

11. Shard says:

You can coach him to keep the ball closer to his body, like Santi does, and to release it slightly earlier. Also, perhaps he needs to learn to ride some challenges, but play up the contact. Sad fact is referees aren’t protecting him, so he needs to put pressure on them, and to change his game slightly.

But in terms of going into challenges. I believe it’s always better to go in fully committed rather than half sure. You get more injuries if you are in two minds, or ‘thinking’ about it. The body gets into unnatural positions and your muscles tense up in anticipation rather than when they should, which leads to more injuries.

Good points Shard. Maybe AAs resident camel wormer can give us a professional’s perspective on your observations when he comes on.

13. fatgingergooner says:

He is still young enough to have an amazing career at Arsenal, without having to change his style of play. However, the amount of ankle injuries he’s had suggests there is a fundemental problem with the way he is built, the way he runs, or the way he trains. Stress fractures and Malleolar problems seem to be a recurring theme. I’m not sure avoiding certain challenges or adjusting his passing style will alter that.

If he is another Diaby then nothing is going to change that. Wenger said that Diaby was as strict as anyone else when it came to looking after his body, but unfortunately it didn’t seem to make a difference for him. If Wilshere is to be eternally injured then so be it. I’m sure Arsenal will look at every single possibility to make sure that isn’t the case, but as Diaby proved, sometimes there is nothing you can do.

Rasp
    Hate to ask this really, but is there any evidence he’s just, urrr, ummm a bit thick?

๐Ÿ˜† Micky, I haven’t sat across a table and had an in depth discussion with Jack but I have to say that when I’ve heard him being interviewed he’s been surprisingly eloquent. So no, I don’t think he’s thick, but then again attitude is not directly linked to intelligence …. as we’ve witnessed recently ๐Ÿ™‚

Crystals

Can’t help giggling at your “low centre of gravity” comment.

I’m thinking about Jack’s very bowed legs, and that perhaps a simple leg straightening procedure might raise that centre

Slightly cruel I know, but hey, not as cruel as eating battery chicken eh ๐Ÿ™‚

FGG

“the amount of ankle injuries heโ€™s had suggests there is a fundemental problem with the way he is built, the way he runs”

Very interesting comment, as only last night I was thinking about this very subject. Here’s a gospel true story that is relevant.

About 18 years ago, I planted 42,000 trees comprising more than 40 indigenous species to create a sustainable and renewable habitat.

This needs to be managed for its long term good, and all the various flora and fauna that will prosper there. You know, managing destructive vermin and so on.

Anyway, I spent two hours with my forestry expert, Wiff Waff Sam, creeping around the woods as silently as possible, and it occurred to me how no-one is ever taught HOW to walk.

As babies we take our first steps, fall about a bit, then its a done job. Presto, you can walk. It’s as if there’s only one way.

I think ballet classes is probably the only activity where young developing bones and muscles are actually taught how to move properly.

Sorry to sound like I’m talking to idiots, but I actually believe this could be part of Jack’s problem.

๐Ÿ˜€ Micky, some very clever nuances there ๐Ÿ˜†

Actually, I agree there is merit in what you say about movement/walking. In one of my other lives I have been concerned the issues of posture and movement and am aware that one can train one’s body to move differently and benefit greatly as a result.

G’day all. Brilliant hastily put together post Rasp. All the recent posts from the regulars have been really good IMO.

On the injury side I would say Shard is correct in his 11.05 and Micky is correct in his walking in the woods epiphany as well. I think there has likely been a body developmental issue that led to early injuries but more recently I think it is more unlucky due to late tackles due to his style of play and lack of protection from refs.

The rest of his body shape and style, as Rasp said, actually should help him at times of impact with other players. Jack is all heart and braveness and we don’t want to strip that away entirely but more want to temper it slightly.

As Micky said I would give a lot more time at this stage rather than write him off as another Diaby. Imagine seeing him hit an injury free period with another team if we let him go. Also I think he is both Arsenals and England’s player that has true world class ability that has been stunted by the injuries.

I noted with interest how he was developing a goal-scoring habit at the end of last season. He really has a sweet left foot and if he could do that more regularly it would give us something to think about. Jack is also the best at the club (IMO) at operating 1-2’s at pace in tight areas around the box.

He is also very adept at going past players and has a great surge of pace over short distances (rather than a high average speed over 100m). This would be key in two situations. Either against a high press team when driving out from deep and leaving them behind or when bursting into the box.

That means Jack is an excellent option as the box to box DM alongside the holding DM or in an attacking position near the box.

I think there is a goal-scorer in Jack and as such my answer would be to try him in the attacking right position where he can use his pace getting into the box, work the tight 1-2’s and see if he starts to score more. Take him away from that central midfield battle area for a bit. Despite the massive improvement in Joel Campbell I still don’t think we have identified a world class option from that right attacking flank, but we may have one staring us in the face.

GB

Just because LB is not around, are you avoiding using terms like No10 on purpose? ๐Ÿ™‚

At last, an expert opinion, thanks GB ๐Ÿ™‚

Although I’m not sure Jack has the pace to play wide right, I’d like to see it given a try. I do think his future lies playing centrally – but how far forward is another question which I am sure LB will answer ๐Ÿ˜€

You like the idea of left footers on the right and right footers on the left don’t you. I think the problem is as Redders said, Jack is very left footed so I’m not sure how he’d adapt to that role.

I paid a swift visit to NN for my daily dose of transfer rumour, and saw we could buy or be snubbed by this one or that one – the usual rubbish.

But one always thinks one of them might be correct.

But two things have made me realise I am a bigger plonker than I am usually prepared to admit to by reading that stuff.

First, the Post by the inestimable Chas, yesterday, made me, and perhaps some others, understand, yet again, how many good players we have, and how difficult it is, or will be, when all of the injured return to fit them into the team. We need to sell, let go, some players before buying others – and that is unlikely until the summer.

Secondly, and most importantly, I heard part of Arsene’s pre-match conference, and he said — umm – what was it? – oh, yes, I think it was #223, where he said we would not be buying anyone else this window – unless an exceptional player became available at an exceptional price, in which case he would make an exceptional purchase. Now I got the gist of the statement and those words were pretty much used – even if not strictly in that order – and he meant we would not buy anyone – and given the number of skill of the returning players – and not wanting to destabilise the dressing room I think he is right. ๐Ÿ™‚

Phew – at least I can give NN and the rubbish in there a miss until the summer! ๐Ÿ˜€

Rasp,

What?? Is that not an oxymoron – using ‘expert opinion’ and ‘GB’ in the same sentence? ๐Ÿ˜€

One man’s oxymoron is another man’s tautology Redders ๐Ÿ™‚

Actually GB talks a lot of sense, I know this because he often agrees with me ๐Ÿ˜•

Rasp,

You do realise that his camel is a ventriloquist? What you think is GB being sensible is actually ……. ๐Ÿ˜€

Wenger, “We suffered a lot to build this stadium and had to be very tight financially to pay it back……..” when asked if Tottingham could ground-share.

I’ve just seen this linked to on twitter – simply wonderful.

David Bowie impersonates……….

How many can you name?
    Beware bad language (in a cockney accent).

This is a comment under the video.
    “This video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing.”

Sorry chaps, buggered orf for a while. Camels to attend to.

Micky I actually agree with LB that Jack could be an excellent number 10 and is a viable option, but then as long as we have Ozil he should have that role. Jack could succeed him of course. Personally I would like Ramsey to be groomed to succeed Ozil as number 10.

Rasp, I actually think Jack has more pace than given credit for especially over short distances. It is rare in sports like football that a 100m footrace ever occurs and the more critical pace is over 10-15m’s.

I think Jack is one of those that goes from mid pace to top speed very quickly (the surge of pace) and gets the jump on other players. Other players are slower in those first few metres but faster overall once they are up to speed. I think Jacks explosive pace is more important especially in and around the box and I think it will allow him to get past defenders and onto through balls in the final third.

Not all the best wide players are lightening quick. Both Mata and David Silva look top quality players when operating from the right coming in on their left foot and neither are exceptionally quick.

The one footedness doesn’t bother me much either. It is always nice to have 2 footed players like Santi but with this talent is he a superior player to Messi or Ozil both of whom I consider very one footed. Some great players are just this way but it seems to work for them and never hinders the level they can achieve.

Redders, your assessment is quite correct. I just don’t understand what the prefix “oxy” means ๐Ÿ™‚

33. Afternoon everyone

Thanks for the post Rasp, I’m still no clearer of where Jack’s role lies but I do think he holds on to the ball too long and that invites players to go for his ankles.

He should be able to score goals with that sweet left foot but if he’s tied up running box to box putting out fires he’s not going score that many. What do we need him to do? He can’t be expected to do everything!!!

I like how Hodgeson uses him but then England didn’t really have top opposition in their qualifying group did they ………… I’m confused, glad I don’t have to make that decision ๐Ÿ™‚

GB,

I happened to read your comment at 4:10 and I have just surfaced,again — was that you, or did your camel throw a zinger to stir things up?

— “with this talent he [Jack] is a superior player to Messi or Ozil, both of whom, I consider, very one footed”.

My stomach is hurting from laughing so much — either you or your camel, or both, are loony tunes! ๐Ÿ˜€

No Redders the comment was referring to Santi being 2 footed and a great player but Ozil and Messi both being rather 1 footed but also being great players. I was saying santi is not a superior player to these 2 just because he is more ambidextrous with his plates of meat, so Jacks position he plays and his ceiling as a player shouldn’t really be hampered by him being a tad 1 footed.

Not really sure I understand what I just wrote so I hope you did Redders ๐Ÿ™‚

How’s the health by the way. In need of any worm remedies?

Peaches, as I say I would give him a go on the right side and see what happens. We are currently well covered in the other positions he can play anyway, and I liked the look of him operating on the right coming in on his left and that he seemed to (pre-injury) be developing an eye for goal, so why not.

We had the (English) Romford Pele, why not the (English) Hitchin Messi?

Dear oh dear.

I go away for ten minutes and people have gathered all the gold, melted it down and turned it into an idol of Jack Wilshere with a number 10 on his back (Exodus 32:1-6)

Jack Wilshere is never going to be a number 10, yes he will score a few goals but a number 10 he aint. As for playing out on the right to use his pace — are we talking about the same player? Pace, what pace?

The post is about Jack’s ability to avoid injury due to holding on too long and always giving 100% in 50/50 tackles. I think what some are forgetting was just how much he had stopped doing that the last time he returned from injury; in fact, we were all singing he praises for how much he had improved in those two areas, then there was his stunning performance for England, all good stuff really. I think I am correct in saying that the most recent injury was not caused by an unnecessary tackle.

I am really looking forward to his return. Long term I see him as a straight swap for Cazorla or possibly a little deeper in the Arteta role of two season’s ago.

With teams who come to THOF to park the bus there seems to be little point in having an out and out DM like Coquelin, we might as well have someone who could get the odd goal, so a Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere midfield seems the way forward.

I know there are some David Bowie fans on the site. There is some wonderful early recording on this programme Bob Harris was a friend of DB’s ….

LB is around. It was my No10 comment that got you off the bicycle wasn’t it? ๐Ÿ™‚

I really like your idea of Jack being deployed in certain games when a full-on DM is not required.

GB
    On the right sided Jack thingy, I see what you’re saying I think ie we’ve played our best football this season with Sanchez Theo and Aaron (to add balance rather than out and out winger).

RA
    How dare you suggest this window is closed ๐Ÿ™‚

40. Rasp

I saw that sly dig at 12:04pm…..

nb – me too, was he referring to you or to me ๐Ÿ™‚ sly it was though, especially with the little smiley at the end ๐Ÿ™‚

42. Not sure Eddie….. probably me because surely he wouldn’t be that snidy towards a woman…. would he?

Apparently its considered to be intelligent when you make digs at anonymous people. ๐Ÿ˜ก

OK,

Just before I scoff my pizza –

GB, no problem with you not understanding your own comment – I never understand you either – so that makes for a perfect symmetry. ๐Ÿ™‚ (That bloody camel on the other hand is too cheeky for his own good! )

Mickish – I would not dream of ruining your dream re the transfer window closing for Arsenal – I was merely reporting the Boss’s edict – —– and agreeing with him. ๐Ÿ™‚

Rasp, I did not think you were being sly -in fact I don’t think it is in you to be sly — but then I did not know what you were referring to – so I thought it was probably me – except you made reference to intelligence – so I breathed a sigh of relief as it could not have been me! ๐Ÿ™‚

LB – straight to the point – not that everyone was eulogising Jack, mind you – see my 10:23 – but then I was responding to the question posed in the Post – luckily for me. ๐Ÿ™‚

OK, OK – I admit it, I ordered 2 pizzas – yumm – I am still growing you know!! ๐Ÿ™‚

45. fatgingergooner says:

Just seen that Sky have moved the Leicester game 3 weeks before kick off. I imagine that’s not ideal for people who arrange things in advance! Is there a rule saying they have to give a certain amount of notice? 3 weeks seems really short.

46. Actually fgg that explains something that I was going to call Arsenal about ………. the game has been sold out since tickets were available to buy and I couldn’t understand why but if they knew it was going to be moved then they’ve done supporters a favour by not selling tickets yet.

When will the game be played now.

47. fatgingergooner says:

Hi Peaches,

It was scheduled for Sat 13th Feb 3pm, but is now Sunday 14th Feb lunchtime ko.

Quite a few on Twitter kicking off due to trains, planes etc being booked in advance.

12 Noon on Sunday the 14th June, Peaches. Hope that’s right. ๐Ÿ™‚

RA

Serious question. Does a Hawaiian Pizza exist in Hawaii, or even on the mainland?

Always had a suspicion it was a nasty English invention

Who – glad I was right, FGG. ๐Ÿ™‚

51. fatgingergooner says:

Good for us armchair fans as probably means a Sky triple header on Sunday 14th! ๐Ÿ˜„

Can see why others would be p*ssed though. 3 weeks just seems very short notice.

52. Aaaah they just wanted us all to be together on Valentines Day ๐Ÿ˜‰

FGG,

Actually, as an elite armchairer so far this season, I prefer the later KO’s as you don’t have the day broken in half.

54. Although saying that ……. midday is a complete nightmare!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Arsenal

This might be odd, Micky, but I have never had a pizza in Hawaii – it tends to be more of a touristy thing – but having had one in the UK, you can get exactly the same thing just called ‘create your own’ as native Hawaiians can be a bit sniffy about such claims. ๐Ÿ™‚

I cannot speak for the mainland, but you can get them in NY, but again it is not something I have had there. The Perfect Pizza chain probably does them, but don’t waste your money there are too many better meals to love.

Rocky is in NY quite often so he may have spotted other places.

Hope that helps.

The Fiend has left me, again, Peaches – so Valentines day – what’s that? ๐Ÿ˜€

Micky,

42,000 trees planted on your estate, 18 years ago? Well if ever I can do anything for you, sir, please do not hesitate to ask, I am always ready to help wealthy buggers gentlemen. ๐Ÿ˜€

Tragically RA, not my land, but it does look amazing.

Off to google origins of Hawaiian Pizza

Peaches
    12 o’clock suits no-one. Rules out a good kebab for sure ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Mmmmm, some Greek bloke in Canada in 1960 appears the favourite

61. fatgingergooner says:

Micky,

If you were really elite then you’d know that on Sunday 14th you wouldn’t have to worry about moving off the chair!

08.00 S.Africa v England (ODI)
    11.00 Sociedad v Granada
    12.00 Arsenal v Leicester
    14.00 Italy v England (6 Nations) or
    14.05 Villa v Liverpool
    15.00 Sevilla v Las Palmas
    16.00 Man City v Spurs
    17.15 Getafe v Atletico Madrid
    19.30 Barcelona v Celta Vigo
    22.30 MOTD 2

๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

62. fatgingergooner says:

Obviously don’t mention this schedule to the wife as it is Valentines Day! ๐Ÿ˜‚

ha ha ha FGG

Have you ever really done a full day’s sport like that?

Actually, RC78 does know a heck of a lot about players from all over Europe. I reckon he puts in a session or two.

65. fatgingergooner says:

Pre wife and child maybe!!!๐Ÿ˜„

Now my schedule will probably be something like:-

06.00 Woken up by child
    06.01 Wife and child things whilst looking at my phone every 5 minutes for score updates
    23.00 Watch everything I missed during the day unless Arsenal have lost in which case cry myself to sleep

๐Ÿ˜‚

Having said that my wife is due to give birth any time soon so plans could change quite significantly!!! ๐Ÿ˜„

66. Congratulations fgg and to your lovely wife.

67. fatgingergooner says:

Thank you Peaches! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I was om Grandpa duty today. That was exhausting!

FGG. Good luck

69. fatgingergooner says:

2nd and last BR. I’m knackered just having one!

I am not sure what has happened to this blog, too many bad vibes. It might be that familiarity breeds contempt, I don’t know and frankly I don’t want to know, enough problems without this.

I am blogging less and less, which is sad for me, because I miss the camaraderie, humour and shared love for the AFC. But even if I stop blogging completely I will always be grateful to this site for all the fun I had and for Chas. The most disgusting of all fans, but finding the best videos cats in boxes. Thank you for that Chas!!!

Oh, and for the ticket to Camp Nou ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Well I will definitely miss less of you Eddie

Right.. sliders today or nothing ๐Ÿ™‚

Dragging it down

Dunno
    Some like it hot
    Dunno
    Great Escape

Cheers, Eddie.
    You’re too kind.
    I don’t understand why anyone would deprive themselves of fun.
    A day without laughter is a day wasted as far as I’m concerned.

POST being written ๐Ÿ™‚

Mornin g All,

1. That is the poster which covered the escape hole in Shawshank Redemption

3 is one of the Clint Eastwood movies. Hang Em High?. No … I know … it is The Good, the Bad , The Ugly

Great stuff chas, You are on fine form what with the film quiz and sliders!

Bum – I fancied having a rant.

Chas and Eddie

True about the laughter.

I like the one a mate told me the other day. No-one on their death bed ever says “I wish I’d spent more time in the office” ๐Ÿ™‚

Erik

I will NEVER fight with anyone over writing a post ๐Ÿ™‚

chas. In my proper hippy days I was a big fan of Cheech and Chong.

I had a “head” shop in Crouch End which focussed upon the music of the Grateful Dead and only stocked hippy shit.

On the wall we had a poster of Cheech saying “A day without dope is like night”

Always gave me a smile

Too late. You have stepped up to the crease and will have to bat on (Test match starts this morning ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Oh Erik,

Thank you for advice yesterday. I heated the string up on the aga before winding. Didn’t fully tension. Then two hours later we had a C

The Violist is back. With four strings ๐Ÿ™‚

Even better news, I’m joining a group. Get this. Went for walk yesterday. Car slowed. It was Penny, the genuinely nuts hippy wife of our local vicar. She is in a group of acoustic loons who play sea shanties and shit like that. She said I could join, and they’d let me play just a few notes.

She explained how some 70 yr old bloke rocks up with his violin and saws it with the same power and verve he applied to his axe as a woodsman

โ€œA day without dope is like nightโ€ ha ha ha ha ha

Morning All, ๐Ÿ™‚

Piddling down here this morning.

Hawaii – warm rain there – did you find out anything more about pizzas Mickish?

Do hippies eat pizzas?

They will have you playing folk shit, morris dances and in no time you will be wearing clogs.

Good news about the viola

1969. London. Barclays Bank.

Young Erik “Will you lend me five hundred quid to open a shop”

Bank “Superb idea. What are you going to retail then, the latest tech. from Japan and expand into a global empire and call yourself Currys or something?”

Young Erik “No. Bongs and shit”

RA. Yes we do but only under duress

Bitingly cold here but dry.

Micky. Were you in the room? ๐Ÿ™‚

RA
    Do keep up dear. Greek chap in Canada apparently.

I wonder what Great Dane tastes like, man

(Beware bad language)

Oh no … I have started on a Cheech and Chong Youtube hunt.

That is my morning plans ruined

A Greek chap in Canada – Micky – and that means?

Have you borrowed one of Erik’s bongs?

Ho, there, you Greek chap in Canada, how are you doing? Lost are you? Well if it helps – Greece is not there. ๐Ÿ™‚

Loony tunes!

Who invented the nasty pizza RA ๐Ÿ™‚

ok, I am a grumpy old git, but you all missed the main point of my rant – I am going to Camp Nuo in March!! Mixed feelings…….

POST SENT

Has anyone else found that you have to press the tit twice to get a comment submitted?

Seems to be only occurring on Alcoholics Anonymous AA.

Maybe the comments are scared to get on here following the disturbance yesterday?

Wow Eddie, that’s brilliant. Could be one of the great nights in our glorious history

I don’t know, Micky, who invented the nasty pizza?

Oh, and as you are being elliptically cryptic this a.m. I am sending your Post back!

Where’s that nice Raddy! ๐Ÿ™‚

….or it could be a disaster to be best forgotten. truth be told I REALLY want to see Messi and Barcelona again. First time there Lionel didn’t play and my companion ruined the holiday because there was no swimming pool in the hotel

I already have plans for both legs – play our best at home and try to sneak one, park the bus in Spain, two buses if necessary and do a Stoke on the Catalans

He was lost in the ether RA.

Eddie. Wonderful. I hope you will take a camera and give us the full travelogue

a camera? Do people still take cameras on holidays ๐Ÿ™‚

A telephone device, then?

Morning all, before I look and see if the answers are up. I think it the movies are (not in right order) Great Escape, some like it hot, the good the bad and the uglyand (I think) the birdman of alcatraz, but it could have been escape from alcatraz. Clint Eastwood I think.

yes, I will take a telephone device ๐Ÿ™‚ I cannot tell any of the films, do you have any love stories?

MMmm, just looked back and Raddy may be right with Shawshank redemption. I think they used the poster cvering the escape hole in 2 movies, definitely shawshank redemption did, not sure about the other one now.

BTW, I sent a possible post in which likely needs me to rehash it as it was compiled when very tired. Not time specific so I would go with Raddish or Mickish today.

Pretty Woman and Casablanca?

Replacement poster

Aaaah, Raquel Welch. Sigh ……

3rd – no idea.

Arsenal 7th richest club in the world. City 6th, Chavs 8th, Totts 12th!!!

Brief Encounter
    Pretty Woman

1. Shawshank Redemption
    2. Some Like It Hot
    3. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
    4. The Great Escape

Eddie
    3rd?
    That’s bloody Shawshank with Andy Dufresne unwrapping Rita Hayworth.

Eddie. Done ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeh I would go with Brief encounter Raddy. Trevor what’s his face and a pink carnation I think. Didn’t only fools and horses do a spoff on that one? Keep em coming Chas.

You know your films, BR.
    As does GoonerB.

one million years BC

unwrapping Rita Hayworth ๐Ÿ™‚

1,000,000 yrs B.C?

Back in the day Raddy, I reckon if you had met Racquel first you would have only counted 1 wife on your C.V ๐Ÿ™‚

Last one, I promise.

Right shortly off to my boxing / boxercise class otherwise known as “fighting with women”. Me and one other guy and a load of women. Surprised I haven’t seen you down there Eddie with your knuckleduster ๐Ÿ™‚

Is this what you mean, GoonerB?

Posts received, thanks micky and GoonerB

RR and Jane Fonda without shoes ๐Ÿ™‚

โœ”

Morning all ….

…. New post ……

127. check it out says:

It’s hard to find knowledgeable people in this particular topic, however,
    you sound like you know what you’re talking about!
    Thanks