An unlikely Arsenal Hero

Not even a flicker of an eyebrow was detected amongst the Arsenal faithful in January of last year, and of course I refer to the return from loan of one Francis Coquelin.

Returning from an uninspiring mere five start loan period at Charlton Athletic, this multi-functional  utility player went on to transform the Gunner’s midfield, and develop into one of the first names on our team sheet as our defensive midfield lynchpin.

An unlikely hero if ever there was one.

Could such a phenomena occur again this season, and if so, who are the unlikely candidates.

Serge Gnabry

Joel Campbell

Callum Chambers

The Egyptian

The Ox

Errrr

Ps Errr is where your thoughts and suggestions appear 🙂

Written by MickyDidIt89

69 Responses to An unlikely Arsenal Hero

Superb work Didit
    Although you could attribute some of the credit/inspiration/blame to LB for the seed

My money is on Chambers

End of November, and Arsene reckoned 12 weeks.
    With a hiccup or two, its beginning of March earliest before we’re likely to see a fully functioning Francis.

I don’t know much about this Egyptian fellow, but I don’t believe he’s a dedicated DM, so Callum may well get the chance to shine.

3. billy says:

gnabry serge

Thank you Micky, obviously I’d like them all to excel 🙂

But if I had to choose, I’d like to see Elneny slip straight into the groove. Apart from being a ball winner, he is a free kick specialist and scores goals from outside the box so would bring an extra dimension to the team.

Rasp
    Elneny is a free kick specialist and scores goals?
    Nobody told me that 🙂

…. and he’s a bargain Micky 😆

Rasp
    The word is cheap not bargain.
    Bargain would be paying one penny less than forty mill. for that Big Pea fella 😄
    And you know it 😄

Fair dos Micky, I actually agree with Cockie on this one – if we really want PEA, then offer £45m. let’s not muck about 🙂

9. Shard says:

I can just imagine Micky and all the blog stalwarts dancing to this right now. Though in Micky’s case he’s looking out the transfer window.

Another Micky post…has Christmas 2016 come early 🙂

Micky I would like it to be the Ox but due to circumstances outside his control I am not sure it will be. I have noted some of his struggles, as highlighted by some on here, and the feeling he isn’t really progressing.

However I am not sure we are handling him correctly ( in we I mean Arsene 🙂 ). I still believe we have a world class player in the Ox if things are done right. When I look at him he has all the attributes of a less polished Sanchez. I always fancied the Ox to be groomed to take over this role from the attacking left eventually, adding many goals to his game cutting in off the flank, but sadly when the opportunity arose (Sanchez’ injury) Arsene didn’t play him there and kept him predominantly on the right.

I am not sure that we will have that surprise package this year and already think the whole squad is contributing reasonably evenly rather than rely on one player.

If we don’t add in the striking / attacking department I suspect we will be heavily reliant on goals from Sanchez to win the league but that is not really a surprise package. If his goals dry up I think we may fall just short.

11. chas mobile says:

Cheers, Micky.
    I’ll have a punt on Gnabbers.
    While Poolis has had his team of 11 centre backs practising scoring from corners up one end of the Baggies’ training pitch, Serge has been honing his finishing skills up the other.

He’s now become a cross between the real Ronaldo and Gert Muller and will take the Prem by storm.

Nice one Micky.

Free kick specialist hmmmmm

If you think about it anyone who can claim that title must be pretty damn good for a defender. If he is that accurate and controlled then it really is likely to be true that he genuinely can score from distance…..

This is getting better by the minute…………..

Nothing in me believes that there is any truth in the PEA rumour that he want he wants to come to THOF, hope I am wrong but it smacks of using Arsenal to raise the price for a move else where.

“He’s (Gnabry) now become a cross between the real Ronaldo and Gert Muller and will take the Prem by storm.”

Blimey, high praise indeed, hope you are right.

I suppose the other reason for sending the likes of Gnabry out to places with WBA is that they get a greater sense of appreciation of THOF when they return.

Anyone know much about Elneny beyond the free kicks? Does he look like another bit of amazing Arsene business? I she a £25m player that we have scouted well and got the jump on other sides?

If we are saving the money in this position while still getting what we need then there is absolutely no reason to not blow the dosh on meeting PEA’s buyout clause. Am I right Micky?….well am I?

sorry not “I she” but “is he”

16. VCC says:

Nice one Didit. I’m going for Serge Gnabry. I like the way he’s progressing.

When he comes back I hope he gets an opportunity, certainly in front of the Ox.

Not seen much of Elneny, but if I’m not mistaken, he looks like another frail/lightweight. If so, wrong un. We need a bit of muscle in the Midfield.

Of course you’re right GB 🙂

However, some bad news. Elneny cost a mere £6M ‘ish.

Hiya VCC

I did read on my beloved Arsenalnewsnow red top goss. page, that some Turkish side are in for Joel, which of course, might explain The Serge returning.

VCC
    As to whether or not Elneny is a lightweight, I just googlised him.
    He’s 1.80 or 6′ in English, and weighs 77kg but don’t know hat that is in English ie sturdy or frail frame

77 kg = 12 stone 1

A bit on the light side if you compare him to me 🙂

So what we really need is you Micky? 🙂

GB
    I know hat you mean. A lean, mean, goal hanging machine.
    As always in these matters, my problem lies with Arsene and his short sightedness.

hat is what at this time of day 🙂

Anyway, back to splashing that 40M on the PEA 🙂

How about if it was a swap?

Any takers?

Micky?

No money spent, I suppose

26. Le Coq Monster says:

Like it to be The Ox, but could be JC…….no not chas`s JC !….he`s already an Arsenal Hero !.

Saw this on my travels on the internet and I`m going to challenge chas to get this up as I`ve never heard of Lydon singing Good Old Arsenal !.

27. Le Coq Monster says:

Maybe this one will work.

28. Le Coq Monster says:

Even women are good judges on whether a player is good enough for The Arsenal………..these ladies stole all the decent named shirts and left the rest !.

29. Le Coq Monster says:

You wonder why Arsene wont spend the cash ?……………….it`s all gone on hookers and a poofy Crystals hair style !

30. Le Coq Monster says:

Latest rumour is we`re after this player !……I can see Ant up for this one on his shirt and gold hot pants……would take full kit wanker to a new level !

31. Le Coq Monster says:

I can see peaches up for this fetching little number !.

Cockie is that the first time that you have heard of a girl being called “Lanesra”.

Next time you go to the Emirates call out Lanesra and most of the women you can see will turn around.

Blimey,just got back from my first training session since before the festive period. Lots of hands on knees, head between legs, and erratic breathing similar to Terry at the Bounds Green Greek W.I AGM.

I am definitely ruling myself out for the box to box role. Happy to be the 2nd goal hanger with Micky.

Have we bought PEA yet?

34. Le Coq Monster says:

It is LB !…………………….I normally shout out….” Are you the bastard that`s been sleeping with my wife “….and there`s a stampede for the exits !. hahaha

35. Nice Micky

Every one loves a hero don’t they? Well I bloody don’t.

It’s hard been an Accountant Micky. Mould grows out of your ears and people think you were born wearing Y Fronts.

This is why for years I have fantasised that when shit hits the fan, I save myself.

Shoving a bunch of women and children out of the way as I sail away on the last life boat.

Beating up a pensioner as I utilise the last parachute.

Been the only survivor of a lost in the desert trek by hiding the water. If I have to sneakily dispose and dine on a fat man, all the better.

You name it, I have thought about all scenarios on how to be a hero to myself. I’ve never understood why Hollywood doesn’t make s film about a hero saving himself?

That’s why I think there’s a lot more to come from Joel Campbell. He strikes me as very selfish. The kind of guy who drives past a motor accident without stopping and thinks “Man, that felt good”

I like him. Campbell to be this years hero. To himself.

Jack Wilshere……

Although he is leaving because he has put his house up for sale…… 🙄

George is 3 tomorrow…..where the flip did that time go? Can’t be bad to be him 2 trophies in 3 years 🙂

Ordered a 71 home kit for him and the keepers kit for Harry from same year. 😀

Morning Gorgeous

Still checking spellings. Not happy at all about you working, although I do respect the seasonal nature of your work. Nice

EDDDDIIIIEEEEEEE

Is this simply ( 🙂 ) a measure of how good/poor your strikers are?

HA HA HA
    What are you searching for to find the Rick Astley vids? 🙂

Morning, Micky.
    Last day today, I think.

Spring marking session starts end of March.

Have you seen the new Star Wars movie?

I’ve never seen the first ones, so never got into it, and anyway I don’t like science fiction

Not being awkward, just the way it is

Thinking about it, I really didn’t see many films, and barely watched any telly until I was at least 30, so really not my thing

Come on then, one slider before you go 🙂

I watched the Star Wars movies about 10 years ago and didn’t understand what all the fuss was about.
    I’ve not seen the current one either. Might watch it in 20 years.

Oh get outa here

The double box slide. Epic film making right there

MORNING CRYSTALS
    CAN YOU HERE ME

Anything we don’t understand today Dear 🙂

Complicated shampoo advert somewhere, that sort of thing?

I think you have to have been young when you watched Star Wars for first time, then it all kind of sticks.

Anyway why watch those when you can watch this:

hear 🙄

GIE
    Are you saying I’m an old scrote?

Happy Birthday, George.

I have never seen a Star Wars or Harry Potter movie but I have seen Last Tango in Paris twice.

Hang on a mo