Arsenal can’t see the trees for the wood …. we need strikers!

Arsenal’s Transfer Window, or Yours?

I like trees, and I also like wood.

For Christmas, I was given a book called Norwegian Wood, and I highly recommend it. Quite apart from the fact it is heaving with interesting stuff, the author describes how a log stack says much about the character of the person that stacked it. Bit like the Arsenal transfer window and your personal targets.

You tell me yours, and I will tell you what kind of person you are.

Those who know me, understand that I am an old school football purist, who favours the 2-3-5 formation, and as such, places the highest importance on entertaining football, little to defensive nonsense, and everything on goals.

As such, my sort will always seek to strengthen from the front.

Anyway, back to my new found psychology skills, and getting things Arsenal back in sharp focus.

We are top of the league, and still in both FAC and CL competitions, and thus mounting enormous strain on an already stretched squad. Some say players are about to return from injury, others will say that by then others will be broken. Half full’ers, half empty’ers, optimists, pessimists or realists.

Given our current position, are you someone that is happy to continue to build for some distant time on the horizon and re-enforce with more “potential”, or are you “in the moment”, and happy to spend on pressing home the opportunity now glaring us in the face.

Perhaps you favour strengthening our defensive shield and creating a wall so strong, we will never concede again, but at what cost to the purist?

Two goalscoring attackers is my preference, and “we will score one more than you”.

MickyDidIt89

59 Responses to Arsenal can’t see the trees for the wood …. we need strikers!

Nice. I would buy Lukaku.

And an aggressive german DM.

And A right winger.

2. Bukuwa Sam says:

Ideally we need prolific sticker and cambel should start against Chabalin. God bless my Arsenal team and funs.

3. I’ll say a God bless to my Arsenal team and funs 🙂

4. and a prolific sticker…. super glue springs to mind

5. BTW didit…. nice post, we defo need more stickers, wouldn’t it be nice if we got Igloo and Vardy. A few million here or there, no problem, we’ve got loadsa money 🙂

6. chas mobile says:

Nice, Micky.
    Yep, give Mesut some proper targets to provide for.
    I heard El Nenny plays the viola.

7. Get back to your winter marking Chas 🙂

So Erik would buy a “right winger”

Dramatic U-turn from a leftie 🙂

Can someone explain what’s going on with Serge Gnabry. Is he being recalled to be loaned out to a side who will give him more starts?

Or perhaps to be used in part exchange with a footballer from Dortmund? 🙂

Or what?

Deeney? Ridiculous. I would prefer Gareth Bale – it is just as likely 🙂

10. obaekerego says:

A striker ultimately,the type that can create something for himself,I feel Ozil is under utilized and a top winger too. CYOG!

11. Shard says:

I’m feeling cavalier today so I’ll agree with you Micky. Strikers…sign all of them! Except Deeney. He’s a bit s**t.

Just to be boring, Debuchy looks like he’s leaving, Gnabry looks like he’s on his way back, and we look like we’re signing the pharoah Ramsey II.

If we recall Jenkinson too, along with buying a striker, I think we’d be set to make the push for the title.

Which striker? Two strikers I like are PEA and little pea. I wasn’t entirely sure about Aubameyang in the summer, but I am now. And he’ll cost over 40m, so that’s good. Dortmund aren’t exactly ruling out a sale either, though I would still be (pleasantly) surprised if we got him this month.

Who else do you want Micky? Mahrez from Leicester? A cool 25m apparently.

Messi and Isso will do for me,we might as well spend every penny we have got,isn’t that right Micky 🙂

Never mind the defence in fact why not sacrifice the keeper for another striker so stick Suarez or Aquero in there as well. Shit or bust.

13. RC78 says:

If we are going to buy a forward, let us get someone that is ready to battle it out in the EPL and that can give us a real edge in the title race. There are only few players that can give this to us for sure:

– Aguero (impossible)
    – Lukaku (maybe)
    – Kane (no Spuds at AFC)
    – Diego Costa (no way!)

The Watford, Bornemouth and Leicester strikers will not cut it at AFC.

Then we have Aubemayang but he won’t join us during this transfer window.

Otherwise, we can focus our attentions on wingers/forwards like Arnautovic, Shaqiri, Mahrez in the EPL and outside – there is Meertens that would be quite a catch.

I’m preparing to get quite cross.

Let’s say Cech cost £10M and the Egyptian £6M. Well a total spend of £16M in a year would be pathetic, and it’s very difficult not to be quite firm about this.

ie Status Livid is about three weeks away.

16. RC78 says:

Let us hope AW brings:

– Jenkinson back as Debuchy is leaving;
    – Elneny (done deal);
    – Lukaku

Then we have quite a team to finish the year:

Cech – Bellerin, BFG, Kos, Monreal – Ramsey, Coquelin – Ozil – Walcott, Lukaku, Sanchez

Osp – Jenko, Chambs, Gabs, Gibbs – Wilshere, Elneny – Cazorla – Ox, Giroud, Campbell or Wellbeck

Plus: Flamster; Arteta, Wellbeck or Campbell, Gnabry (?), Jeff, Iwobe

Looking good fellows?

17. Le Coq Monster says:

Nice, Micky .

We are of a similar mindset, although I am probably a little more promiscuous with my formation, I prefer the 1-3-6 ….that`s one DM Beast, three poofy midfielders and six speed merchants !.
    The problem us fans have is that we have manager who who has the footballing equivalent of ….The Stockholm Syndrome !……The Wenger Syndrome or as his ex-wife calls it….The Tight Bastard Syndrome !
    The Wenger syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which loads of dosh express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors wallet, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors. Expressing a desire to make dire interest rates in the Co-Op instead of trying to escape to Harrods or an expensive shoe shop or buy a much needed striker .

Look back to the Suarez fiasco….a £1 over £40M !. We hear of rumours of £40M for PEA !…..well if it was me and you we would just offer £60M instead and get the much needed exstra goals to win us the league !….simples !.

Steady on Young Didit. We will splash the readies, have no fear

Sorry Erik but I’m with Cockie on this one

Anyway, I like the though of accusing Arsene of having a syndrome 🙂

thought

It is very easy to make yourself feel good. Go on Arsenalnewsnow 🙂

They say the big PEA from Dortmund skipped training today, heightening speculation…….

Works for me 🙂

Fara Williams: Arsenal sign Liverpool’s England international:

Arsenal Ladies have signed England international Fara Williams from Liverpool Ladies for a figure to be believed to be around £21 million pounds plus bonuses..

The 31-year-old midfielder is England’s most-capped player of all time, having represented her country 148 times.

Cmon Venga, splash the cash else DidIt’s head will explode in 3 weeks.
    We’ve already reached Defcon Pink if we get to Defcon Livid Purple, it’s going to be messy (and I’m not talking Lionel).

Defcon Pink 🙂

My blood really will boil if Cystals is correct and we spend £21M on a woman footballer aged 31

It’s ring-fenced – the chap’s team still has half a billion to spend.

Chas
    I know you are trying to lift my spirits, but unless an expensive attacker is bought, letters WILL be written, and dark scarves worn

Well that was handy, three Liverpool players with serious hamstring injuries, all of which will have an impact on our game.

29. Shard says:

LB

You mean that was hammy 🙂

Don’t get too excited. Liverpool will now hire Dr. Eva and all their injured players will be back to play against us 😀

Cheers Micky. Fantasy football manager posts during the TW….my favourites 🙂

You will no doubt be unsurprised that I am with you on the additional attackers. A worldy striker for me and a left footed goal-scoring winger that plays from the right. PEA and Bale ought to do it 🙂

Secondary considerations would possibly be a DM back-up as well. There is an argument for a new younger quicker top CD but I still think Merts has some mileage and Gabriel has the pace for the games when it is required (Barca Arsene!!!) and if he reaches his full potential he will be an excellent player for us.

No No’s for me in the attacking department would be another right footed winger or another creative midfielder. I think Arsene is already confused how to accommodate the ones he already has.

Micky, your post a while back, something about dreams I think, where you said at the end what obstacles could we see to our march to the EPL title. For me the main obstacle to this (injuries aside) and the main obstacle to our progression to the top echelon in Europe would be in over-estimating certain aspects and positions within our squad.

At the same time I don’t want to under-estimate certain players but while things are going well it is easy to believe that we already have what we need, and for me a top club always looks at where it can upgrade even when things are going well. In fact it is possibly the absolute best time to appraise the squad and make plans, as oppose to during a dodgy spell. I am in the camp that if a better player comes in and it relegates another player to more a back up role, so be it.

Lovely read Micky – thank you. I like the sound of this Norwegian Wood book. I love stacking a pile of wood and I love making a real log fire.

As for purchases… if we get a striker in addition to this El Ninny chap, I guarantee it will be someone we’ve never heard of (remember when Eduardo the Crozilian signed?). But that doesn’t mean they won’t be good.

The pram, the raincoats, the death-trap playground equipment – happy days.

Beautiful vid night vid chas, a lovely way to start the day. Thank you.

6.30 pic. What I find so depressing about this pic is that I could have been in it. Makes me feel ancient

Chas

Yes yes yes exactly. That is the scarf 🙂

GB

“for me a top club always looks at where it can upgrade even when things are going well. In fact it is possibly the absolute best time to appraise the squad”

Absolutely,

Are people really believing that we will sign more than the Egyptian chap? In my wildest dreams I don’t imagine other signings.

Morning Erik and LB

LB, I don’t think we will, which is why I’m painting my massive Wenger Out banner while the window is still open.

No faith whatsoever 🙂

LB. Doomer 🙂

Yes I do expect another signing,

This is an interesting read – what happens to your loanees, do they all become Jack the Peanut?

Erik
    Interesting read on Zelalem. Thanks.
    In fairness to him, the three comments below could paint a more realistic picture than the article itself

I miss Eddie in the mornings,

True Erik
    Has she done the “censorship strop”?
    All the rage it was 🙄

Morning all, a Micky led sideways glance at our transfer policy is always entertaining.

Focussing on the wood, I always put my dead damp wood at the bottom, younger fresher wood next and top it off with the consistent burners. 😀

“sideways glance” Exile?

I’m getting right underneath the old girl and staring straight up her skirt, and I do NOT like what I’ seeing

We’re talking chastity belt of hardened steel with massive padlocks
    And I have a nasty feeling the keys have been flushed down the bog

Grim. Really grim.

Micky. Eddie’s NY resolution was to drastically reduce her time on’t net. . I am sure she will be back soon – after all, who keeps their NY resolutions?

And yes, perhaps there was a bit of C strop as well. 🙂

RL. “El Ninny” 😀

47. Morning everyone 😃

Can anyone manage a few words for a post today?

Erik. Oh, I missed that, although I’m amazed Eddie would be a stropper. Made of stern stuff that girl.

How about a simple poll, along the lines of who may be an unlikely hero during the second half of the season (given the impending disaster of transfer inactivity)

Candidates include

Ox
    Serge
    Joel
    Callum
    Errrr

I’ll do it, and if something better turns up, then cosmic.

Post Sent

52. Thank you Micky 🙂

53. New Post everyone …………………