Brothers in Arms

After the fantastic victory midweek and the joy which emanated around the Arsenal world a win today would make Xmas shopping just that bit more fun. Unfortunately this Arsenal team is quirky – last time we won 3-0 away (Swansea) we lost the next 1-5! This time I expect the 3-0 to precipitate a long run of success

Fortunately Villa are not yet at the level of Bayern Munich but they are improving under Remi Garde who has taken on a huge challenge; a job which if he takes them down will be money for nothing and let’s face it, Villa are in dire straits.

I like Villa and wish them well but no wins in 14 and 8 games without a home victory bodes ill. However, Gestede, Bacuna and Grealish are due to return from injury and the naughty step so they will be optimistic of a change of fortune.

Villa have some real “take the man as well as the ball” players – the mad Scot Hutton, the mad Dane Okore and the mad Englishman Lescott who will be looking to let Ozil and friends “know they are there”. A windy day, a heavy pitch and a determined team with more sweat than ability could lead to more injuries for our boys.

And what of The Arsenal? I expect the FP to be rested this afternoon and get the last 20 minutes, that said I am sure he will want to continue his scoring run and perhaps Mr Wenger will opt for his strength upfront. IMO we would be better off with the pace of Theo and Campbell against AV’s lumbering defence.

I would like to see The Ox start, so my team would be:

Cech

Bellerin     BFG     Koscielny    Monreal

Ramsey     Flamini     Ox

Ozil

Campbell     Walcott

This season has seen some bizarre results with unexpected losses by the top teams – let’s all congratulate Bournemouth – so Arsenal have to beware of over-confidence.

Our last match against AV was one of the best performances I have ever seen by an Arsenal team. Enjoy.

If we win we go ToTL and we will – if we play as a team and work in harmony, like brothers in arms

Let it be so …..

COYRRG

232 Responses to Brothers in Arms

1. Was this you Raddy out on your bike yesterday?

2. Lovely PM Radish… you put my Sunday morning effort on GunnersoreArse to shame…

Raddy morning.

Are you mad, drop our heo, the Greek God, having waited nearly 21 years for him to have an outstanding game that actually meant something 🙂

I think The Ox needs to go back to the cart for the time being,he’s not ready just yet or maybe not fully fit.

We beat Villa 12-0 over three games last season so today……exactly one never knows, at least they aren’t Bayern or Bournemouth.

Just waiting for tha ant and dec quality nutrious breakfast to be televised 😉

Top read BR

Thanks Erik
    You have captured my thoughts and worries. I like your team, and although I realize Ox has not been great, games will help, so I’d start him as well.
    Really looking forward to the game.
    Will Garde’s Villa style suit us as well as Sherwoods?

Excellent Raddy, thank you 🙂

Arsenal are often described as ‘complacent’ when we lose a game we feel we should win, but I don’t think it is about complacency. It just seems that if we don’t score after 20 minutes or so of domination, we lose our rhythm a bit and become vulnerable at the back.

Any way, I’m not predicting that today 😀 I don’t expect it to be easy, but a hard earned 1 nil (Cech equalling the PL record for clean sheets) and no injuries will do me just fine.

What have you done with the real Heroic Viking Erik?

The real ravishing Raddish would never sign off a Pre-Match Post without putting his name at the bottom — of the Post I mean. 😀

Anyway, nice Post, whoever you are, and I really like the team. 🙂

Hmmm, I’m getting the feeling we will field a weakened team today. Rumours abound that Ozil will be rested (pinch of salt), and my son served Theo at 4:30 yesterday – wouldn’t the squad be together at that time?

I have no problem with resting players who have niggling injuries in this game, but please let’s avoid wholesale changes – more than 3 would be too many.

10. Rasp… as you say, pinch of salt regarding Ozil, I’d be very surprised if he didn’;t play today…. at the moment he is the engine within the team. Walcott may be on the bench… I can;t see the French poof being rested after his midweek performance.

11. Le Coq Monster says:

Thanks Big Randy.

An interesting and often over looked fact here………if we win all our remaining games we will win the treble !
    Just back from a 7 mile run with my glory hunting manc neighbour and I am just recovering from a man cold…..do I deserve a medal or what, fcuking hero !
    I`m worried about this game and I only have to blame Perry Groves !….. ( you thought I was going to blame Arsene didn`t you !…….don’t worry, he will get it after the game if we lose ! hahaha )…..I was listening to talksport on Friday and he put Arsenal down as a banker win by explaining the stats that…..Villa are without a win in 14 EPL games !….they have not won any of their 8 league games at home !…………..Arsenal have only 2 defeats away in 14 games ( 10 wins ) and we are unbeaten in our last 16 games at Villa Park, winning 10 of them !…..so there you have it, the Ginger Jinx has fcuked us up by claiming Villa has no chance !…bastard !…………Lucky for me I have probably the most comfortable Sofa of any AAer and for those who are of the nervous disposition ……..DFS have a Sale going on !.

12. Sofa so good Coqie man…

13. Red Arnie says:

Nice one, Raddy. 🙂 Brothers in arms indeed. 🙂

Rasp. If what you say is correct, not happy. This was one game that Theo could play. He has been rubbish in scoring this season. Only 0.20 goals per 90 minutes. Whats the use of running like headless chicken if you cannot run your feet or head through the ball. This would have given him good game time.

Anyway, hope the Ox gets some time in the middle. And Rambo, another one who needs to score once to get his confidence back.

Onwards and upwards. 🙂

14. Coq monster… get over to my blog to see the beauty I’ve put up this morning… she’s right up your alley 🙂

Hi arnie. I thought that the squad generally travelled to games the day before, but maybe they flew down this morning?

BTW, it will come as no surprise to know that Theo is polite, well mannered, unassuming, immaculately dressed and the very sweet guy he appears in the TV interviews.

17. Le Coq Monster says:

As much as I love Arsene, I`ve decided that Arsene needs some tough love !….so if he rests all our best players after a strenuous 4 days rest and we draw today he should be castrated and the old globes then attached to his face just so I can call him bollock chops !……what shall we do if we lose ?. hahaha

18. Le Coq Monster says:

What did your son serve him, Rasp ?

19. Perhaps he ‘serviced’ him!

20. Le Coq Monster says:

Nice `69er, but cant see the Arsenal connection !……unlike the filth I have put on there in the past which all had an Arsenal connection even if it happened to be a tattoo of Arsene on someones labia !. hahaha

21. Le Coq Monster says:

I thought the same, `69er, but didn’t want to say !. hahaha

Hi Cockie, my son is a student and works at Waitrose at weekends. As you can imagine, Theo only buys healthy food. It’s strange because he never gets bothered, very few people even know who he is.

I shall ignore that slur on my son’s character NB 😆

RA. The header may give a clue as to the author 🙂

24. Red Arnie says:

Rasp. 🙂 zero tolerance towards slur. 😆

I wonder what the libel laws are in France? 🙂

26. So Cockie is on his DFS 30% discount sofa today…. who else is up for it?

27. Rasp…. against an Artist they don’t exist. The artist is always in the right…… 🙂

I didn’t put up my CL prediction the other day …. it was that we will draw Real and knock them out of the CL 😆

I’d now like to knock all their teeth out if they think they’re going to snatch Ozil away from us. He’s too sensible a guy I reckon, hopefully he’s just happy to show what a twat Maureen was in letting him go.

We’re all artists NB – it’s just that some are better than others 😆

oh no, don’t say that Raddy – we cannot cope with even more injuries. If Garde has Wenger’s job in mind, he will tell his mob to be nice today

I have no idea how it will go, but it would be nice to be ahead of City before we play them on 21st

where is the Disgraceful Duo? short trip to Birmingham, 1 pie each should suffice

That’s not good enough for an author of such beautiful prose;

You should have a Big Un to unseat the rumourmongers!

…………. ERIC THE HEROIC SINGING VIKING

That’s better — let it be so, Master Rasper! 🙂

Sometimes I struggle to find the right theme for a banner Redders. There are several excellent regs on here who should have a banner – but as yet I haven’t had inspiration. I’m like Arsene, I will only do top top quality 😀

34. Le Coq Monster says:

Definitely a few “Artists” on here, Rasp !……give the Vines their due, they seem to keep it to match days, but that `69er chap takes it to another level !…..he should have an AA statue for Piss Artistry !. hahaha……anyone get the irony of that !………………..true story this and Stretch will verify it………on my first visit to meet the AAers at the Arsenal Tavern I didn`t know who to look out for and kept walking up to people in the pub asking them if they were with the AA , not realising what I was coming out with and I wasn`t even drunk !. hahaha

I am very happy with my banner which I think is a testament to Rasp’s excellence with computer graphics.

BTW the rumours of RM trying to buy Ozil make much sense. They desperately miss a man who can supply the passes for Ronnie and Gary.

Would Arsenal accept say a €70m bid?

Is this a potential post? 🙂

36. 33 Cech

03 Gibbs
    05 Gabriel
    13 Ospina
    15 Oxlade-Chamberlain
    21 Chambers
    45 Iwobi

We should smash them with that 11, and still be able to rest key players after 70 minutes.

40. Red Arnie says:

NorthBank. I’m on the sofa. Not the pub today. 🙂

From our drawing room, Edinburgh airport down in the valley, the Firth of Forth bridges just beyond, and just further on the hills of Fife nicely clad in snow. Bright in the distance, and the fog slowly lifting. Even a glimpse of the Forth.

Most importantly comfy sofa and TV on. Cannot complain.

COYG.

It just goes to show you how some arse publishing idle speculation to get hits can start a rumour that gets blown out of proportion on the net. There are still stories going around that Ozil is not playing 😆

I like the balance of this team. We may have some better players in the sick bay, but we haven’t seen a better team performance than these 11 players produced last week.

43. Should be a good game but probably need an early FP goal to settle the nerves. I’ve got the wine uncorked… well the bag in box is open ha ha. Piss artists united… I bet Raddy has a glass on the go already 🙂

Where’s Chas and Ant? Are they not walking to Birmingham from Nottingham?

44. Red Arnie says:

crawling, NB, pub crawling! 😛

45. Shard says:

Arnie didn’t have the tv in place then I think, but I can attest to the comfiness of his sofa (also big enough to hide behind) and the wonderful views from the windows.

Any plans to travel to India, Arnie?

The team;

Cech, Bellerín, Mertesacker, Koscielny 18 Monreal 16 Ramsey 20 Flamini 14 Walcott 11 Özil 28 Campbell 12 Giroud

47. Red Arnie says:

9.84 Playing ‘Sea Battle’ in the Garden

One Panel member found himself on the gun deck of an old wood-hulled warship with smells of ash, gun powder and spent cartridge, whilst others, more peacefully, are turning earth in their herb garden. The taste is hot and fiery – the battleship is in action – or we take a break from gardening on a sunny afternoon and enjoy rye bread dipped in olive oil. With water we take a rest sitting in a wicker chair on a warm cedar decking surrounded by pots of sage and heather. The taste now juicy, warm and pleasant like waffles with runny vanilla custard.

Drinking Tip:
    Somehow obvious – whilst playing ‘Sea Battle’

48. Fucking hell Redders…. keep up will you 🙂

Norther, just because you is an hour ahead of UK time. 😦

50. Red Arnie says:

9.84 Playing ‘Sea Battle’ in the Garden 🙂

Drinking Tip:
    Somehow obvious – whilst playing ‘Sea Battle’

51. I have a good view from my apartment Arnie, Mont Ventoux in the distance which is now getting a covering of snow 🙂

On the Valpollicella. Very tasty.

Wonder whether the ground will be full today?

53. Red Arnie says:

yes, Shard, leaving 22 reaching 23. I was planning to write to you, but maybe better catch up on the phone. give me a call pls. 🙂

54. Red Arnie says:

9.84 Playing ‘Sea Battle’ in the Garden 🙂 🙂 🙂

Drinking Tip: Somehow obvious – whilst playing ‘Sea Battle’

More to the point, where is that gorgeous master of the away games, Duck and the good looking one, Ant?

Shirking? 🙂

56. Red Arnie says:

Today’s choice:

9.84 Playing ‘Sea Battle’ in the Garden 🙂 🙂 🙂

57. Red Arnie says:

Drinking Tip: Somehow obvious – whilst playing ‘Sea Battle’

58. Red Arnie says:

59. Arnie… I prefer to play ‘submarines’ in the bath 🙂

60. Red Arnie says:

That is for GN5. 🙂

NorthBank. That view suits an artist mighty fine. 🙂

61. ha ha now I understand your 1:02pm… I thought you were going a bit radio rental for a moment there 🙂

62. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha. NorthBank. 🙂

63. 20 minutes to KO…. come on you Reds.

It’s an early KO for GN5…. do you think he’ll be up?

Wonder if Iwobi will get on the pitch.

65. He will do during the warm up Raddy 🙂

66. Shard says:

Been watching the presser to get in the mood for the game.. Psyched now. I feel confident of the victory. Hopefully the team don’t get complacent like me 🙂

67. How’s that poncy Italian wine going down BR…. smoothly?

Much better than the cheap plonk they serve up in your neck of the woods. The Ventoux wines are particularly poor. Still when drunk with spicy saucisson it doesn’t really matter what the wine tastes like 🙂

NB
    Erik thinks he’s in Italy 🙄
    Heating full blast, sun lamp on, shades, shorts, and Italian plonk
    Not right, he isn’t

Should have rested Ollie. One rotator per game. Still, great team.

Come on you mighty Gunnnnnnners

70. Red Arnie says:

COYG. 🙂

Just in time….budge up.

72. Raddy, my philosophy is just that…. after 6/7 glasses it doesn;t really matter what you’re drinking ha ha

Micky 🙂

73. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha

74. the French Poof does it….. yeeessss

Eternity to make the right decision, have the refs been fitted with instant replay implant?

76. oh dear comment in moderation… so again, the ref clearly didn’t want to give it but the cunnoot had no choice in the end

La la, la la la la, hey hey ……… 🙂

78. a dangerous few minutes now after scoring… concentrate Arsenal

Should have rested ollie, aha 🙂

First game I have seen where the ref asks the players what to give lol

ant and dec are missing,didn’t they get tickets.?

And any chance we might play in red and white again or is that unlucky ?

82. Red Arnie says:

yes, too many comments in moderation today.

Kelsey,

You are always so right about Olli — he could not score from a penal……. Yay.

84. Red Arnie says:

focus now.

85. Sinclair is looking dangerous… need to keep him quiet

86. That was a bit ‘Flappy’ by Cech 🙂

When the penalty was awarded, I heard an exultant ‘shout/squeal’ and I am convinced it was Chas.

Don’t know what Eddie was doing to him. 🙂

88. Redders… I suppose Chas would have a squeal…. short bloke like that… probably got a falsetto voice. 🙂

Beautiful Mesut

90. Red Arnie says:

good, we needed a goal from Rambo. 🙂

91. The Welsh Rare bit scores…. coyg

92. Ozil assist… he don’t fecking stop does he 🙂

Top desire by Rambo too to win tackle then to catch up.

RA, micky said that earlier not me 🙂

Loud and clear the Away end “we’re the North bank, North bank Highbury” as chas said the other day when we were discussing ground names

I agree GIE he ran from well within his own area, and as I said the other day (as Rasp would say 😉 ) if ramsey starts scoring we have many more attacking options.

96. I’m the northbank, I’m the northbank, the northbank high and pied

97. Nice finish by Theo… shame offside

Why not show this again, very apt

99. Lovely stuff…. playing well but Villa aren’t giving in easily

Fine half.

Another 50 mins of controlled football and we are TotL

Once again the Ozil/Ramsey axis working very well

101. Hello everyone, aren’t our boys fab 🙂 Love a breakaway goal and Ramsey getting the ball in the back of the net rather than row Z

Cheers for a top pre-match, BR.

I’m afraid we couldn’t get tickets for this one.

103. We ARE top of the league at the moment ha ha

Anyone got any Bovril and roasted chestnuts?

Great to see Theo looking so dangerous. Mutton cannot cope at all.

Kelsey,

As I was saying the other day, as you and Rasper tend to say — well in my dreams in my case — Arsenal would be 0 : 2 up at half time. 🙂

I will leave you to tell us what the final score will be — we could do with a laugh! 😀

108. Chas – thank you for the post yesterday. If we need someone to bed in quickly surely they would need to be a worldy and we’re not going to be buying one of those I reckon.

I had a fabulous day yesterday and was treated to Beautiful the musical so I’m feeling very nostalgic today and my house has been filled with Carole King songs. Oh and also, Rod was on X Factor last night 🙂

Thank you for the pre-match Raddy.

I hope we score lots of goals today, goal difference might be important come May.

109. Red Arnie says:

Kelsey. 🙂

I could do with a laugh,never mind you 😉

111. oh dear, oh fucking dear… Villa getting some play and we’re looking a bit fragile…. COYG’s

112. Fecking defence is starting to fall apart…. wtf goes through their heads?

113. We need a third to put this game to bed….. quick quick time

The problem is that the midfield has gone missing – just like Theo.

115. We just love to give the oppo a chance 😉

We are playing like WE are 2 nil down. Damn.

Campbell and Theo off – just as well — and Gibbsy and Ox are on.

118. No RA, we are definitely playing like we’re two up lol

119. Substition 7 minutes too early LOL

How’s Rambo looking?

121. We’re not gonna lose this…. just hope Cech can keep his sheets clean 🙂

122. Poor Remy Garde, I want him to do well just not against us. If Villa can rally like that against other teams they should be able to get out of trouble.

Loved our away supporters singing ‘you’re going down with Chelsea’

123. WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL>>>> WE DO

124. What did Jack Grealish do?

I have to say that Giroud has played as well as anyone.Theo still not 100%. One has to often grind out results regardless who we play.
    I believe 🙂 we are not using any more energy than required .

126. We are top of the league say we are top of the league 🙂 🙂 🙂

… and Cech has equalled the EPL record for clean sheets 🙂

128. Thank goodness my baby spud isn’t on the bench today so I don’t have to watch their game 🙂

129. WE… ARE….. TOP….. OF….. THE ……. LEAGUE

130. Rambo man of the match.

I thought Giroud did more running than I’ve seen him do for a long time and some of his runs were pretty lung busting. Well done Olly, Thierry thought you were MOTM

TH14 said like me that Giroud was outstanding and man of the match.Maybe i can get a job at Sky to replace neville 😉

I wonder what Cech is thinking.He comes over as a nice guy, could invite him over to clean my windows.

133. Not with that haircut Kelsey 🙂

Some will call it scrappy, some will call it workmanlike, some will say the makings of champions.

I think we could have stepped up again if necessary, we were comfortable with 2 goal cushion, and Villa came back into a bit second half after they were told by Garde they were playing for their place and future at the club.

We were fine without being great, now a few days off to recover before City.

Rambo is going to keep improving from now on. He has the potential to be a worldy 🙂

Hi peaches 😀

And he said he could not clean windows for someone who tells so many porkies, Crystals! 🙂

Hi Rasp

Hi Peaches

Yes, hi, Peaches! 😀

I have to say the 2nd half must have lasted twice as long as the first half! 😀

142. Le Coq Monster says:

Great result !………………………….so what do we want from tomorrow nights game ?……Chav win or draw ?…..Chav win and it keeps our main competitor a point adrift, a draw and we will still be top on goal difference !.. hahaha

143. kelsey – Thierry and I agree with you 🙂

Ah but a ground floor flat would be easy for him, RA 🙂

Rasp, he isn’t far off even now and another who comes over as a level headed lad.

I wonder if Wilshere will actually finish up surplus to requirements.

145. Hi chas 🙂

Hi everyone else 🙂

146. Although it might be fun to see if Shhteeve can get a result at the lane lol

147. Le Coq Monster says:

Nice long break for our fatigued players to recuperate and may be a certain Mr Sanchez coming back !. We should be as fresh as daisy’s, whereas Mansour City players will be fatigued from counting their wages !.

Hi Kelsey, sadly I think Wilshere may struggle to find his place in the side. But who knows, an injury to an important player is often the catalyst for another to come through …. and you know how many injuries we get 😆

149. Le Coq Monster says:

Hi Bury

P, how come your 3.45 comes before my 3.43 comments?

151. Poor Thierry, fancy having to watch and commentate on Totts, I bet he mutters nasty things about them under his breath 😉

kelsey
    what Rasp is trying to say is ‘No’. 🙂

153. Le Coq Monster says:

Injuries aside…..Wheelchair is a class act and could be one of the greats !

I would fancy newcastle but for their pillock of a manager.

155. I don’t know Chas, spooky ……….

Hi Ho Silver Lining

peaches, they get 10K a game, nice work if you can get it 😉 better than student letting and no mess to clear up.

Hi Atus Hernia

Good job they were shit!

I just ealised the post title is Dire Straits how appropriate for the home team

161. Doh kelsey, that took me a couple of minutes to work out 😉

162. Le Coq Monster says:

YA GUNNERS YA

This side is building in momentum and that leads to players exceeding perceived potential. Giroud is on the crest of a wave, let’s keep him up there 🙂

I should be able to write something for tomorrow if needed?

Yes, please from me.
    EIE

168. Thank you LB, that would be perfect if you would write a report 🙂

169. Oooooh la la Giroud 🙂

170. Red Arnie says:

yessssssssssssssss, another LB masterpiece on the way! 🙂

hi all, I’m just a bit tipsy, but I am following the fun. 🙂 on and off.

Hi to everybody, although you have all most likely signed off just as I get time to sign on. I have not had time to read the Raddy’s pre-match or any of the comments – I hope to get time later.

I was up, as usual at 5:00 am this morning and watched the game but my daughter and grandchildren have consumed all of my time.

A well earned and deserved victory over a very poor Villa side I hope they have the resilience to stay in the PL but I don’t think they have what it takes – very sad as they are one of only 7 teams who have never been out of the PL.

Well for the first time in my life I want Chelsea to win a game..

172. Red Arnie says:

GN5. “for the first time in my life I want Chelsea to win a game” 😆 😆 me too! 🙂

173. Red Arnie says:

some more ROLFs on the way! 🙂

174. Shard says:

Lololololololol..

Spurs being spurs.

175. Hahahahahaha spurs 🙂

No no, not a chav win, a draw keeps us totl 🙂

The week that keeps on giving. lol

178. Shard says:

chavs loss please. Leicester won’t last the pace for too long, and surely Chelsea have too many good players to languish near the relegation zone for too long. Best for Mourinho’s and Chelsea’s humiliation to continue as long as possible.

I’d take a draw, keeps us top and keeps Maureen in the brown stuff.

Though a chav defeat does have its own rewards. 😆

Do you know which PL team has the best goal difference?

Not saying anything complicated, just looks nice, that’s all 🙂

Premier League Table

1 Arsenal
    2 Man City
    3 Leicester City
    4 Man United
    5 Tottenham

chas. How disturbing, that fellow could become a father.

185. Terry Transplant says:

Nice one Raddy

What a brilliant week for the Club. Through in Europe and sitting proudly at the top of the table

I am especially delighted for Arsene. To think some people think or thought that he is past his sell by date, niave, tactically inept, or whatever other rubbish that’s thrown at him? Well, tell you something Raddy, it’s laughable.

Another laugh of course is our beloved neighbours. Every year we get the same rubbish, and eventually there performances reflect the rubbish that is spouted about them

We on the other hand have several top players out with injury. Arsenes fault of course. Why didn’t the stingy French git buy anybody this summer? Benteke and that bargain youngster Martial were available?

Whisper it quietly Raddy, Arsene is developing a squad that is as good if not better than our two main rivals City and Utd. No mean feat. I hear that for some strange reason these two clubs have a lot more money.

The dawning realisation that our squad is comparable to a clubs like City should be evidence enough for even the most die hard critic to acknowledge and respect that we are very very lucky to have Arsene at the helm, but with some people, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I see great things for the club. My only concern is that Arsene will retire at the end of next season, but hopefully, by then we will be so strong that his successor will inherit Arsenes legacy and take the club even further.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring.

He could have spent just a tiny weeny bit more Transplant 🙂 🙂

Leicester Chelsea is one of those fabulous win, win, win games
    Something for all Gunners

Just seen Spurs and Dippers results….its just one of those beautiful weekends of football again 😀

189. Le Coq Monster says:

I need to know !…..I need something explained !……I need to know what`s more important !…..I probably need help !…..what am I on about ?………feeling very high on our win, but I was even more higher when I just found out the Spuds had lost !…..I cant tell you enough how much I hate that club, but do I hate them more than I love Arsenal ?…..they are intrinsically linked and maybe it`s because we won to put us top and them losing making The Gap bigger that made it an even bigger rush of emotional orgasmic pleasure !…….who needs sex when we win and they lose !.
    I fantasise about the perfect storm of pleasure……Us winning the League, the Spuds being relegated and we beat them in the FA Cup final !……I could easily knock one out to that !. hahaha

190. Terry Transplant says:

True Micky. hahaha

191. Le Coq Monster says:

It`s also nice for me not to blame Arsene for anything this weekend !……well, apart from Mansour City`s injury time winner !.

192. Terry Transplant says:

“Intrinsically linked” brilliant Cornwall and 100% spot on. I shouldn’t really say this, but I fantasise about death hahaha

Micky. I predict a major cash withdrawal from Arsene’s war chest in January.

194. Le Coq Monster says:

195. RC78 says:

Successes of the season so far captured in this game:
    – Another assist by Ozil (13)
    – Another goal by Giroud (9 in the EPL)
    – Another classy display by Ramsey in the middle of the park, capped by a goal
    – Another good performance by Cech
    – A solid display by Bellerin, Kos and Monreal

Good surprises of the night:
    – BFG and Flamini

Could do better:
    – Walcott, Campbell, Ox and Gibbs

Once Sanchez is back, Campbell will go to the bench and then we will play Walcott – Giroud – Sanchez upfront

196. Le Coq Monster says:

Yes Stretch !…..I know about your “death” fantasy…..would it be that lesbian harem death one ?…….because I think I`m in the same fantasy !…….in fact I can see you over in the corner being killed by asphyxiation of multiple beavers !. hahaha

197. Terry Transplant says:

That Pochitno ain’t a good manager. He’s only good at making crap teams slightly better.

He don’t even look like an Argie? Has anyone checked his boat against those nazi fugatives that legged it to South America? I bet he’s a Dentist.

198. Le Coq Monster says:

Bindippers had 70% possession and 28 shots !……….Baggies only had 2 shots on target !……..how fcuking weird is football !…….what a shame !.

199. Le Coq Monster says:

Hold on !…….a bit of argie bargie going on in the corner of this fantasy !……some bastard with dental instruments is removing the recently deceased Transplants teeth out !

200. Le Coq Monster says:

And now there is a blackout in Bounds Green !…….Stretches teeth were the sole provider of Solar generated electricity there !…..his government tarif grant, one of his sources of income has bit the dust !.

201. Red Arnie says:

Now, I know I am not the greatest Theo cheerleader. But credit where one is due. Yes, Giro scored the penalty, but Theo created the opening goal. And yes, the opening goal counts about 5 times more than any subsequent goal. By my book. 🙂

Now, that I have got that off my chest. Theo is no CF as we all have seen. 🙂

202. Le Coq Monster says:

203. Terry Mancini says:

Cornwall, of course. It’s always been my fantasy to snuff it whilst on the job. Lesbian asphyxiation or kitchen DIY.

hahaha, I don’t trust any dentists Cornwall. Every time I have treatment I grasp the geezers Bollox as security. I think he likes it, keeps asking me to come back for checkups. Last time, he took of his latex glove and asked me to wear it?

I had a women dentist few years back. Lovely lady. For security and comfort I would clasp her boobs. She ended up reporting me and the old bill charged me for it. Apparently running into her at Tescos and claiming I clasped her boobs for comfort because I had a dental appointment in six months times was disproportionate.

204. RC78 says:

Is the trio Walcott Giroud Sanchez worse than

– De Bruyne – Aguero – Silva
    – Depay – Rooney – Mata
    – Hazard – Costa – Willian
    – Vardy – Mahrez
    – Lamela – Kane – Son
    – Coutinho – Benteke – Sturridge

?

205. Le Coq Monster says:

206. Le Coq Monster says:

Hahaha Stretch……………….funny how these things always happen in Tesco`s !………………I had a similar situation with my wife`s Gynaecologist in trying to explain with the use of a Butternut squash in the veg aisle how I got her pregnant !.

RC78 as a front three?

I ask because it’s interesting to see Cotinho and Silva listed, we find room for three attackers, and still have space for Ozil in behind them to make it all tick.

I’m not sure about Theo out wide, I think we have better options.

What I noticed about him midweek was he was not that interested in working back. And today when he was back I was struck by the difference in him and Campbell, Campbell wasn’t prepared to just say “well I’m here aren’t I?” He was actually trying to tackle, compared to Theo who was there but not really trying to win the ball rather just occupying space hoping someone else might break it down and he might be able to sprint off.

To win the PL we need to defend from the front, and in only one game has he shown the ability/desire to do that. He needs to make it a regular feature of his game otherwise I can see him being overtaken by Ox or Campbell as they offer more than goals and assists. Same as Rambo, even Mesut is not averse to it and he is gifted enough to say “look I do the conducting, you do the breaking”. As could Alexis….but they don’t.

Arsene is going to have some very tough calls to make if people stay fit now.

And for a real laugh…think on this….Spuds have only won 2 more games than Chavs.

Kelsey made a good point recently saying that by the time the match report gets published everyone has finished with the game, look above, everyone has now commented and has moved on it is not even there first thing in the morning when there is some sign of life. It only gets published when everyone has disappeared. There must be a better way.

210. What shall we do then LB? Whenever we publish people will read even if they don’t comment. I’ve just received a match report from Sir A that I didn’t even know was coming …………I could publish his now which will get the evening viewers and save yours for tomorrow.

What do you think, damned if we do and damned if we don’t.

211. Shard says:

LB

Ask Crystals to write it a day before 🙂

212. Also we all have more things to say the next day and some people tune in for a match report in the morning.

213. RC78 says:

GiE –

For City, you could put Sterling instead of Silva as Silva plays as a 10 also

For Liverpool, Coutinho really plays as a playmaker positioned outwide so no changes there…

I agree about Walcott and the need to really up his overall contribution to the team efforts, especially defensively. If he wants to play, he has to defend as well – otherwise, Ox will take over and maybe even Campbell…

At the moment, Giroud is walking on water so until this continues, Walcott will have to either to improve his work rate or go on the bench…his call really

COYG!

214. RC78 says:

Cech – Bellerin, BFG, Kos, Monreal – Ramsey, Flamini – Ozil – ?, Giroud, Sanchez

Until Coquelin comes back and if we do not get more injuries, here is the line-up for the next few weeks…Only one spot to take with four players looking at it: Walcott, Ox, Campbell and…maybe Gibbs?

As of the new year, Wellbeck will be back in the mix and he will be hungry so let us see…

No probs Peaches, I will just put my view on the match here and now.

216. LB – are you there?

217. LB – I’m saving yours fir tomorrow. Gonna publish Sir A’s now

Sir A is much more consistent than I and should take priority. A lesson has been learnt.

219. Don’t argue please 😉

220. I didn’t know Sir A was going to the game so nobody’s fault, his can go up now and yours tomorrow morning.

Ok, under instruction I have just published the first of our match reports 🙂 😀

New post …….

I can’t believe I’ve just heard MOTD pundits excuse Gardners tackle.

I know I know he makes the ball, someone explain why his leg has to go that high afterwards, someone explain why he only really takes off into a “slide” (lunge) after he plays the ball.

But Shearer and Ramsey put it down to going in hard so you don’t get hurt yourself…..whilst pundits keep telling us that kind of tackle is acceptable English football will not move forward.

You’d think Klopp had never watched PL football, meaning about long balls, set pieces and defending….get used to it Jurgen.