About a week ago, Rasp made a comment about some American sport or other, and their League of no promotion or relegation. When I read it, I thought we could eek out a wee talkie for an hour or two, before naturally reverting to type.
Here’s my plan………
Number One, we shrink our league to 18 Teams. So, how to select the 18 permanent members of this elite league?
I like a local derby, so we must have pairs of sworn enemies. We must have regional representation, because that adds spice and diversity ie more hatred and stereotyping which I also like.
In line with the representation theme, it seems fair that London gets four sides, and the Midland area three, so let’s get choosing.
Man Utd Man City
Villa Wolves West Brom
Arsenal Spurs Chelsea West Ham
Now the questions:
- Would this help the quality of football with no fear of relegation?
- Would it help develop better regional academies?
- Would the elitest nature help or harm football in general?
- Would four fewer league games help the national team ?
- Who would be in your 18, as some big clubs will miss the cut?
- Should Spurs be included ahead of Barnet?
There are 19 Teams above, the bit I can’t decide is which to drop, can you?
As I said, I’m not sure which American sport Rasp was referring to, but whether it was American Football, Rounders for Men or Netball for Men, the Americans are the best in the world 🙂
So, wha’ do ya reckon?
Written by mickydidit89