Norwich Discussion Points

Did we deserve the point?

Why did we create so few chances?

Why was Giroud so quiet?

Should Sanchez have played?

Is it worth the time and effort to study French?

Given the much lauded  and expensive signing of Chad Forsythia, why are we having so many soft-tissue injuries?

Would the team function better if Ramsey and Cazorla swapped roles?

Is Gabriel good enough to partner BFG?

Which would win in a fight between a big shark and a tiger?

Has signing another CM  in January become a necessity?

Can we still win the title?

written by Big Raddy

121 Responses to Norwich Discussion Points

1. I see a pattern developing here Raddy with your match reports…. don’t get boring, stay focused and deviate occasionally. Perhaps you carried on with the wine yesterday and have taken a leaf out of my garden, a glass of wine everyday at 9am keeps the blues away.

2. BTW…. good morning. Bicycles strewn all over the streets…. can only happen in Denmark…. and perhaps Holland 🙂 and I suppose Oxford or Cambridge

3. Is it worth the time and effort to study French….. NO.

4. Le Coq Monster says:

This stat sums it all up !.

All 23 of Arsenal’s outfield players have now been injured in 2015 – except for Joel Campbell

If only we had 23 Joel Campbell`s ! 😦

5. But it’s worth the time and effort to study French women…. which I do all the time…. from an artistic perspective bien -sur

6. Le Coq Monster says:

Morning Spermbank 🙂

7. Le Coq Monster says:

or would you prefer Spunkbank ?

😆

8. A lovely day to have a moan….. can’t wait for Kelsey hair do comments!

But I’m looking on the bright side…. 3 bad results in November, playing badly but still just three points off the top spot…. not bad

Thanks Raddy, the shark would win in the water and the tiger on land 😀

If we skirt round the injuries for the time being, the inability to get past the bus = not creating enough chances, is an issue.

I think there are several reasons. We are still not getting the ball quickly enough out of defence so by the time we get to the final third the oppo’s defence is solid. The Ozil goal came from some lightning quick reaction play. Giroud cannot be a part of this except for flick ons and lay offs whereas a fit Theo would add an extra pair of feet to the movement.

Also, at the risk of a barrage of sarcastic responses, I do think we could shoot from further out on occasion if we have players in the danger area to pick up second ball, because the keeper may not hold onto the ball and as we know, deflections happen!

Lastly taking on players on the edge of the box is always worth a try instead of a sideways pass. Considering the clever ball players we have, we don’t win that many penalties.

10. Spermbank…. Spunkbank… or purple headed yogurt slinging bank, all the same to me 😀

11. Rasp…. it will be January soon… £250m in the bank (sperm or spunk) and we’ll buy a couple of crackers…. but knowing Wenger, that will be bargain Christmas crackers that weren’t used in December ha ha ha

Did we deserve the point? Just about .

Why did we create so few chances? We didn’t, we created loads especially in the first half but only the Greek God of french nationality was invisible and maybe Ozil should pass to himself once Sanchez got injured.

Why was Giroud so quiet? Is that a serious question 🙂

Should Sanchez have played? A definite No

Is it worth the time and effort to study French? NB has already answered.

Given the much lauded and expensive signing of Chad Forsythia, why are we having so many soft-tissue injuries? If I knew the answer to that I would be a multi millionaire.

Would the team function better if Ramsey and Cazorla swapped roles? only if they where ham and cheese.

Is Gabriel good enough to partner BFG? Yes, just hasn’t played much recently,but I still say yes.

Which would win in a fight between a big shark and a tiger? Mourinho.

Has signing another CM in January become a necessity? Absolutely.

Can we still win the title? very much doubt it, it’s can we get 4th again this year time.

Thanks to chas for reinstating the ‘Points compared widget’. It’s my fault but the line spacing is out again. Still it is perfectly legible and shows that however bad we think things are, we currently have 27 points compared to 23 at the same stage last season 🙂

14. Le Coq Monster says:

I`ve had some miserable day`s over the last few years after some defeats and draws, but this injury jinx from yesterday has took it to a new level !……………….not being able to blame Arsene has really pissed me off !.

I demand we sacrifice some pussies to the God of Injuries !

Morning NB, I really don’t want to speculate on whether we will or will not bring in payers in January. I can guarantee one thing, either the club, the media, or the supporters will come up with the line ……. the return of Wilshere and Welbeck will be like 2 new signings 🙂

16. The Premier League at the moment is like the legs of a 55 year old tart with 20 clients a day….. Open!

What a delicate turn of phrase you possess NB 🙂

Ah yes NB, she’s one of micky’s.A good earner for him 🙂

I think the shark would win due to snappability and more powerful tail.

20. Le Coq Monster says:

Arsenal`s injury problems is like being stuck in the revolving entrance doors of a Spermbank……we don’t know whether we are coming or going !.

21. Talking of learning French…. I’ve just recieved my French pension papers and am regretting not making an effort to learn the language…. all those times when “I want to feck you” worked with a French woman when all I had to learn was, “Je veux sauter sur toi”

Erik
    Some quality questions
    Shark or tiger?
    It’s all down to the element of surprise and camouflage so depends on the colour of the background ie grey and shark wins, black and yellow stripes and it’s the tiger all day
    Night time and whoever has the night vision goggles

23. Is that Micky the Pimp Kelsey?

24. Where’s Her Royal Highness this morning…. I want to share another thick creamy soup recipe with her! 🙂

25. Right, talking seriously about football bollix, we’ve just got through what is historically our worst month… 2 points from a possible 9, feck look at it that way it’s a fucking disaster. However, top of the league is very tight (oh dear, tarts again) but we’re still in it…. Sunderland next weekend and then City at home… get six points from those and we’ll be top at Christmas…. unless Leicester ha ha get a couple of wins.

26. That’s it from me and it’s goodbye from him…. the bar beckons. What a fecking life… stress!

27. Monday morning blues! It’s deja-vu all over again.

Good morning you band of merry men, cheer up no more games in November, it’s time to look forward to December, oh wait a minute, let’s see, Koscielny out, Cazorla out, Alexis out, Coquelin out, Walcott out, Welbeck out, Arteta out, Rosicky out, Gibbs out. Pass me the cyanide capsule someone.

28. Le Coq Monster says:

Well if you want to be serious !………someone probably said ….”lets get these two easy games against W Brom and Norwich out the way and we will be top !”……………..it didn`t happen and wont happen !………….there`s more chance us picking up more injuries !…..it`s an epidemic !……….we are doomed to a life of mediocrity !………and now the good news !…………..shit !… there isn’t any !. 🙂

Of course there is good news. It’s just that we don’t know it yet

30. Le Coq Monster says:

Also, Rads !………..there could be more bad news and we don’t know it yet !………………………….it`s my anniversary on Friday…38 years !….still trying to work out whether that`s good news or bad !

31. Le Coq Monster says:

Still no sign of parole .

I won £25 on the lotto on Saturday 🙂

33. 1 ) Just about.

2 ) Too much faffing about.

3 ) See 2) above.

4 ) No No No No.

5 ) Time yes, effort yes, both no.

6 ) Who is Chad Forsythia?

7 ) No.

8 ) Yes.

9 ) Depends if it’s raining or not.

10) It’s always been a necessity.

11) yer ‘avin a larf!

34. Drinks on Rasp at the next home game. 😀

35. Le Coq Monster says:

36. Red Arnie says:

hmmm. nice questions, Raddy. nice format as well.

honest, I watched the game only up to our goal. So cannot answer your questions.

But cannot understand why we often seen to concede just after scoring. 😦

37. Red Arnie says:

Its only first half of the season. Of course the New Year period and the second half is going to be key.

How much of a difference will Jack make, I wonder.

Cheers Raddy. Won’t go through them one by one but will make a point that not all will agree with ( apart from Micky obviously….and probably Rasp and Kelsey 🙂 )

Our front 4 is not good enough, so there put that in your pipe and smoke it. A front 4 (striker, number 10 and 2 wing/wing forwards) at the highest level, as a unit, need to have creativity coming from all 4 but also goals coming from all 4. As you analyse each of our current 1st choice front 4 it becomes apparent that we don’t have that.

Compare that to the front 4 of TH14, DB10, Bobby and Freddie and you can see that creativity and goal-scoring ability in all of them. That means the threat can come from anywhere and other teams (especially mid to lower table) really can’t stop you.

It also means you can sacrifice some creativity in the 2 deeper CM’s for a more solid defensive base and still have enough to win the game. Currently I feel Santi has to play there to bring the extra creativity because the 4 ahead of him are’nt quite balanced or prolific enough. It also means that in a more physical game when the conditions aren’t so great your match winners will see you through by converting some of the chances we miss currently.

Comparing to us now and we have some great players but not that complete balance. Sanchez and Ozil are the only 2 that would get into the top 3 sides in Europe. We are deficient (quality wise) on the right flank and with the striker IMO. I always expect us to sacrifice a bit of defensive stability for attack. It is the Arsenal. However, if we are not clinical enough in the forward 4 it doesn’t overcome any slight defensive fragility.

With that old front 4 I think you could line up in CM even without a specialist for the role. I think you could even play Gibbs and Debuchy there together so while I would like another top DM I think we can overcome that from within providing the front 4 is balanced and world class in each position.

Ramsey may have a shout of a 1st 11 place at any top club in Europe (albeit he would have to up his game further) but none of the top 3 would play him attacking right IMO. He would be a 4th / 5th choice (last resort) for that role at the best sides in Europe.

We overly rely on Sanchez for goal threat which other teams know making it easier to nullify us than in the past team mentioned above where all 4 carried a goal threat so it was impossible for them to apply a tactic to stop us.

Ozil looks like he is starting to provide a more regular goal-threat which is good news but I feel he would score even more if the 3 positions around him (Sanchez aside) were scoring more. We haven’t had a prolific striker on a regular basis for maybe 10 years now. Also how many do we score from the right side? How many does say a player like Robben score from the right side?

And he killed the blog 🙂

40. Le Coq Monster says:

Alternatively, the Shark and Tiger instead of fighting …..shagged !………..which produced a……………
    Tiger Shark

41. Le Coq Monster says:

Real one, just in case you thought I made it up .

I really hope that we can secure the title this year but am not totally sure we are fully equipped enough to do it. The injuries will be the deciding factor for us in potential EPL success this year IMO. Even without the further additions we had an EPL title winning squad going into the season. A fully fit squad is still not quite up to the best in Europe so there is still medium term recruitment required to push on to this level.

If we can get players back quickly (and up to full match fitness) and remain largely injury free for the rest of the season then we have a big chance. I am worried that if it doesn’t happen this year then it will not happen for AW ( that is winning another title). FFP has collapsed and I can only see Citeh and Chavs heading back to exploiting that with £80m+ additions for the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Bale e.t.c.

Man Utd will probably join that party as well. If this happens, then in order to compete with that, I think we will need a newer younger manger that just has that extra 5-10% more than Arsene does. One of the new breed that does everything he does but just brings some extra new ideas to the table. There are only possibly a couple out there better than Arsene anyway, but we would need one of them.

The title has opened up this year and I worry that it is this year or not at all for Arsene.

Hi GB, you haven’t killed the blog, it always goes quiet this time of day 🙂

I agree the best scenario is for the current injuries to be short term and for the longer term injured to return sooner rather than later. If that happens and we are still in contention by mid January then we will still be in with a shout of the title.

There is a lot of talk on the net today about Arsenal’s injuries. You are the best placed among us to comment on camel worming, but I guess even you cannot know what it is we do or don’t do that could make a difference?

I see AW stated on Thursday that Alexis had a hamstring niggle – he really doesn’t know how to play the PR game (probably because he’s too honest) and now he’s suggesting that the injury could be worse than a kick on the hamstring as Alexis himself described it.

He is getting visibly impatient with the Press over this. Maybe it’s time Ivan stepped in and said something to defuse the situation?

44. Injuries aside, I think we are missing a trick by not rotating players a bit more.

Not just because some are visibly knackered, Santi for one, but also because the backup players don’t get any match practice.

Take Gabriel for example a very good centre-back but he was bound to be a bit rusty when he came on for the injured Koscielny.

Once we had lost Alexis to injury we looked very ordinary in attack, the reason being we never play without him. We don’t know how to play without him.

I am totally against the idea of mass rotation, but all our players need match experience so that they know where they fit in and the other pLayers know what they can do and what to expect from them.

At the risk of upsetting our friend from across the Alantic, Monsieur Wenger has a question to answer, namely knowing, and admitting in the press, that Alexis had a hamstring problem why did he think it was right to play the guy on Sunday? Even with my almost total ignorance of medicine, I know that a hamstring injury doesn’t clear up in four days.

In view of the ever deepening injury crisis wouldn’t it be a good idea to send the scouts round the country to assess how well our various players out on loan are doing. One or two might well provide a bit of relief for our beleaguered squad. One we need not bother with is Szczesny who was dropped at the weekend after conceding six goals in the previous match.

45. Rasp, no amount of PR expertise would have prevented Alexis aggravating the injury he was carrying.

Rasp, the injuries will be a mystery while Arsenal are a closed book on the subject. In football though most teams don’t reveal all about how they train and condition the players so I am not expecting Arsenal to open up on it.

Even people with the appropriate qualifications, who are otherwise well placed to comment, will not be able to do so properly without greater insight on all the different aspects of the training methods employed by the club. These parameters would then need to be compared to Arsenal’s peers (particularly clubs who are sustaining less injuries) to assess any differences that may contribute to one team suffering more injuries than the other.

There are potentially so many variables that without the full insight one can only speculate and work from an unproven hypothesis or gut instinct.

My view would be that there are a likely few contributory factors but that there would be a sliding scale of importance attached to each factor.

The problem from the outside is that the statistical evidence of Arsenal suffering more injuries than other sides seems to have been there for a few years and from the outside it looks like the club have been very slow to address it.

It may still be that even now it is not being fully and appropriately addressed and we are only scratching the surface of what needs to be done. If the injuries or lack of them can lose or win a title then not pulling out all the stops would add up to negligence in practice.

Agree with your @ 3:20 NG 🙂

Thanks GB, I know, we’ve discussed the injury saga several times.

Raymond Verheijen has once again criticised AW for Arsenal’s injuries citing fatgue as the biggest contributing factor – but I am always wary of his statements as he often promotes his training schemes at the same time.

I think most of us would be happy to opt for sensible rotation of players if it would reduce the level of injuries.

NG 3.18 Very good comment and one I agree with. Campbell had a decent game last Tuesday and his reward was to ride the pine. Same with Gibbs a week prior.

Chambers is wasting away as we no longer have a reserve team, why noit give him a game alongside wither Kos or BFG? Debuchy is deeply unhappy (according to the press) which comes as no surprise. If AW had enough confidence in him to buy him as replacement for Sagna it seems starnge not to rotate him with Bellerin.

Oh, and bring back Sanogo 😀

Raddy, Arsenal iS A NO GO area for a striker whose banjo can’t connect with a cow’s arse 😆

Do you see what I did there? 🙂

51. Le Coq Monster says:

Two things jump to my attention on the last few comments ……………………….1) We will get loads of game time for squad players either due to our grotesque amount of injuries or when we play in the Europa League….a great excuse play a mixture of youth and fringe players !.
    2) I don’t get this …..”we don’t know how other teams train etc`”…..through transfers, every club has players from almost every league and club in the world, for example we have many ex-Barca and even an ex-Real player in Ozil, so it is not the greatest guarded secret in the world as to how these teams train…..players talk !.
    Arsenal Football Club could play any system of any other team in the world and at the end of the day it will be determined whether we are successful or not by the quality of the players………oh and by our luck with injuries !.

RAsp. Superb. Expect no less from a x-word expert

Interesting points by Gooner B and NG.

The problem of injuries isn’t a new one and none of know what really goes on in the training ground. I have heard there is a relaxed training approach and no or practical no physical contact (something I touched on earlier that football is a physical game.) I wonder apart from the players out on loan if the disbanding of the reserves league,don’t know the name,but used to be the football combination league hasn’t helped.
    It’s absurd that we worry all the time when we play unless we are at least three goals up with minutes left or we worry if any of our players are on International duty that they don’t get injured instead of seeing how they play for their respective countries.

This mini run of bad results must play on their minds and then add the fact that Ramsey isn’t playing up to his potential of last season nor scoring, Santi has in and out games and even Bellerin has been decidely shaky these last two games and then there is Giroud who yet again had a totally non descript game. Walcott will get the no one spot back as Chelsea will be spending big money for that elusive world class striker this January as deCosta has burnt his bridges with Mourinho and is also a liability on the pitch, so at least until the Summer Ollie will be around.

I think Norfolk has something in the rotation or lack thereof earlier this season. The lack of correct rotation seems to indicate a lack of belief in the quality of the player behind the first choice. In which case it leads us back down the pathway of a lack of quality additions or upgrade to the squad in these positions.

For instance Chambers, Flamini and Arteta ought to be good enough to step in for Le Coq on a rotational basis rather than just through the necessity of injury. If they are not good enough to be rotated in then they should be let go and free up squad space for someone of the required quality.

There seems to be a real reluctance to use players like Debuchy, Gibbs, Flamini, Chambers, Arteta, unless injury dictates it.

55. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all. I see we didn’t want to tal;k about the game yesterday, Question and answers is good midweek, but after a disappointing draw in Norwich, we bury our heads and talk shark and tigers.

We played away to a team that hardly ever gets any points, and they take away the possibility of us moving up the league. We have a skeleton team and play a shit side, we have two of our players shoved in holes around the touchline filled with house bricks and camera’s, and nobody wants to talk about it. Our 35 million pound play shoved in front of these holes that should never be there in the first place and not even a free kick, and we want to talk tigers.

Our chance of winning what most of you consider the be and end of The premier league, went up in smoke before the season even started, When you have less than a full squad from the moment the league starts you become under pressure. Our Annual injury list just gets bigger and bigger every season. Every one of our team have had an injury, and when some who wasn’t even fit at the start of the season still at Christmas has still not kicked a ball is amateurish. can we win the league, don’t make me laugh.

We often ask, or have asked, what went wrong in previous years, and basically, you don t have to be an expert to see the faults. Champions League, we play weak weak teams and have been punished, hanging in there by a thread, but we haven’t been good enough, we now face a fairly easy team but we have a complete team out injured, what’s the word, Unlucky, Bull shit, we never deserved to even have a chance with how we approached it.

Arsenals Injury record is abysmal, Wilshere Walcott and Now Wellbeck have injury records, that any other club would not put up with, why do we. Wilshere has had trouble with his bones right through his short career which i guarantee will end up short, Walcott had missed half a season last year and is on his way to losing another half season this year, and that happens every season. We do nothing about it. Diaby lasted nine years before the penny dropped.

Our chances of winning the league are zero, as we dont have a team, We couldn’t beat Norwich what chance have we got of a run of wins, almost impossible i would say. No Coquelin, no cazorla no Sanchez the list just keeps getting longer.

I watched a game yesterday where players went down like flys all taking kicks as far as Wenger said, we could have had deaths out there if Sanchez and Ozil had gone in the pits head first, and nobody questions it, No lets talk about Tigers and Sharks.

I say we should be talking about culling, and work out the weak links that see half the seasons in treatment, lose them and buy players who will give a reasonable service. complain to the FA about holes around football pitches, and why blatant shoves in the back are not dealt with, at least point out that players safety is in jeopardy.

Win the league, well be lucky to play out all our games let alone win anything..

56. Le Coq Monster says:

New younger manager, GoonerB ?…………………..if FFP is over like we all think ( Arsene accepts this as well ), it will take a new owner to compete with the big 3 !………goes back to what I craved for years ago…….Usmanov !…..yet we somehow managed to be majority owned by a specialist in mediocre sports franchises…….I think his Colorado Rapids once won the MLS !….fcuking legend !.
    This squad was good enough to win the league before the big 3 take over again, but because of injuries our last chance before we spiral into mediocrity is over…..it will take a miracle !.

Here is an interesting piece of trivia – at least I find it interesting.

Here are our records for.

a) the average of all 24 PL seasons after 14 games.
    b) this season after 14 games.

a) W8,D3,L3,GF25,GA13,GD12,Pts27,Pos4th
    b) W8,D3,L3,GF24,GA12,GD12,Pts27,Pos4th

The next post should contain a poll giving us the opportunity to vote for who will be next to pick up a serious injury.

Our squad was most definitely capable of winning the league this season, prior to the injuries, and I agree that if –

a) we keep it close through to the new year.
    b) Arsenes’ injured army returns early In January – then we will still have a good chance.

“I say we should be talking about culling, and work out the weak links that see half the seasons in treatment, lose them and buy players who will give a reasonable service.”

Steve if this is a rant then fair enough but if you are trying to be serious then what you are asking is impossible; well, I say that, there is one man on here who has a crystal ball perhaps he can see into the future and tell us who will and who wont pick up an injury in his career. I feel slightly embarrassed writing this as I find it really difficult to believe that you cannot see that.

It must just be a rant, fair enough.

61. Le Coq Monster says:

I find that trivia interesting too, GN5……does it mean we are average ?. 🙂
    Actually, with our current injury crisis we are batting well above average !

We’re 4 points better off than at the same time last season Cockie 🙂

If we can win ugly/grind out some results (and other overused phrases) for the next 3-4 league games, we may well still be in a good position.

The away game against Olympiacos worries me now as we really need those players who can play European style football. The bad news would be having to travel miles to play foreign opposition in the Europa League with an already depleted squad.

I’m probably way off here, but I’d give Iwobi and JRA a go and maybe put them on the bench and bring them on if the game situation allows.

Cheers, BR.
    Match reports and after match discussion points. Ta,

I think we deserved the point as we had more chances even if they had slightly better ones.

I think we created so few chances because of the weather, the ref, the kit and the journeymen shuttle runs.

Giroud was quiet because he was on his monthlies

Sanchez shouldn’t have played, maybe he’ll realise he is indestructible

Baise-moi le cul

No idea about Shad – something’s up

I doubt a Ramsey and Cazorla swap would have changed yesterday’s performance

I thought Gabriel was good yesterday apart from his one crucial lapse unfortunately

Big shark v tiger – comlpletely depend son their training regime.

I doubt we’ll sign anyone in January ( I realise that doesn’t answer the question) 🙂

Two points off the top, of course we still win the title. (Even if the likelihood lessens with each shite result)

The only silver lining I can see from these injuries is that they are going to allow a new player to come through. It seems to be happening every season, last season Bellerin, the season before Coquelin and Monreal fits in there somewhere, who will it be this season?

There should be ground rules in place to ensure that the type of dug outs at Carrow Road are not allowed, I’m surprised that they are not in place already.

All Points Comparison rows’ height now set at 18 pixels (13.5).

GN5
    How could it have been allowed in the first place? Madness

Chas, when you look at that video it’s even scarier than I first thought it could have ended his career. Or even worse if he had gone head first into the metal supports or the brick wall it could have cost him his life.

Absolutely disgraceful that it’s allowed – and it was only worth e YELLOW card – good god alive.!!

69. stevepalmer1 says:

LB, bit surprised you jumped on me so fast, Lets face it i am no expert, i am just a supporter who watches every game, what do i know.

Of course its a rant you plank, I am an Arsenal supporter who cares if my team win or lose, I blog on this site to let off steam, i am used to experts telling me how wrong i am. I get used to that.

Most players pick up injuries of course they do, all teams suffer it. Arsenal have habitual invalids usually the same ones , you can say i am wrong but look back over the seasons and check on the people i have mentioned, remembering i am no expert just a supporter, in eight years Van Persie shone for two seasons with us perhaps i have got that wrong as well, i am a bit surprised anybody replied as i kn ow nothing and am always wrong, but that rant has made me feel better which i feel blogging is all about, of course if you know the reasons why we have habitual injuries, i am all ears mate.

Its hard to know what to do for the best sometimes Steve, some people get upset when people don’t respond to their comments and others when people do. I did say at the end of my comment that is must be a rant followed by fair enough.

All the best
    Plank 🙂

Brilliantly handled LB 🙂 I had considered putting my oar in and then thought no, LB can look after himself.

Mind you, you should be careful, the nickname plank might stick 😆

72. stevepalmer1 says:

LB, no disrespect mate, Perhaps my plank comment should have had a smiley after it, Not meant to be personal.

Of course i get the hump, who doesn’t. I may be a little touchy at times , but not to the extent to hurt peoples feelings.

Hey, Plank , loving your 5.37 about which new player will rise up to dig us out of this injury hole.

chas you wrote the 5.37 you plonker 🙂

75. Le Coq Monster says:

76. Le Coq Monster says:

77. Le Coq Monster says:

hahaha, LB has to the coolest dude on here.

This reminds of couple of seasons back when me and Total Arsenal met up for the Dortmund game.

We got talking about our favourite posters, well TA did really, i just wanted to talk about myself. Anyway, TA started saying “do you know who my favourite poster is Terry?” I was a bit embarrassed about it and “Yes, yes TA, I understand, but contrary to public opinion, I am not homosexual, so it would never work”

“No no Terry, its that LB guy. He really knows his stuff and is straight to the point”

I was gutted, why not me? Why LB? It was only a few days later that it dawned on me that my disappointment could only stem from homosexual panic.For the next seven days I stopped eating, walked around in agitated manner, and spoke to no one.

Cheers Raddy

I still think we will win the title. We just have to be close enough in March to pounce. We always finish strong and for some reason the injuries tend to clear during the spring

Utd are not good enough yet, Chelsea players have no respect for there manager, and Liverpool and Totnumb are pressing sides who lack the individual quality.

City are the threat, but they have a habit of getting nervous when the stakes are raised.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

79. Le Coq Monster says:

80. Le Coq Monster says:

In keeping with the post…..what`s more dangerous ?…….planking a Shark

81. Le Coq Monster says:

Or planking a Tiger ?

82. P-nut says:

Chas,

I think your ‘baise-moi le col’, was probably ‘va te faire footer’ 🙂

Kiss my ass or Eff Off

83. P-nut says:

footer = foutre

84. P-nut says:

Who ever showed you how to post pictures, Cocker, has a lot to answer for. 🙂

85. Le Coq Monster says:

May be it was you….P-nut the C-nut !. 😆

Brilliant T20 tonight.

87. Just goes to show….. not worth the time and effort of learning French …. putain de con de merde bordel.

88. But when it’s said like this…. it does have a certain je ne sais quoi

I seriously hate stats like “only 1 of Arsenal’s 23 players has not been injured”.

Mainly because it had me agreeing with Savage on Radio5 last night asking what the stats would be at other clubs. It’s a good headline no doubt but I think it just fits the narrative.

Arsene said post match that Alexis’s hamstring was tested and it had stretch and force and therefore was ok to play. But clearly that’s just a lie?

Considering the pelters Wenger got for precautionarily putting Cech on the bench due to a slight knock for the home game against Olympiakos what do we want him to do. But clearly that was just a lie?

How many times have we heard “if he is fit enough for the bench he must be fit enough to start”. So I take it we would all have been happy for Alexis to be sitting by the pool on Sunday and nowhere near Carrow Road?

I listened to a lot of radio over the weekend and every ex pro said something along the lines of “if I didn’t play every time I had a niggle I wouldn’t have played many games at all”.

Dalglish was once asked if he ever played injured, he turned the question round and said did he ever play fully fit, once he said on the first game of preseason.

Now if it was truly due to a major difference between the way us and other clubs operate I would ask one thing, why don’t our stars when they leave come out and say so? I just haven’t seen it. The closest was Cesc saying something like “don’t play too many games” as advice to Jack Wilshere partly due to the strains he must have felt his body was put under.

Regarding those pits round the pitch at Carrow Road, they are all around the ground I seem to remember BSR falling in one behind the goal. Can’t believe the brick work is not at least covered in foam padding.

As I said on the weekend the conditions were awful for football, a draw would have been a good result to walk away with had it not been for the loss in the previous PL game.

Excellent, GIE.

Still above Tottenham. 🙂

Apparently Koscielny might be ok for the Sunderland game.
    We just need to find a couple of decent midfielders and a replacement for a world class Chilean.

Time for Iwobi, Jeff and Maitland-Niles to step up.

Ooops, sorry, back to football.

ITS SNOWING YIPPEEEE

Love the linesman

99. eddie says:

Raddy – I can only answer the last question – NO.

Anyone fancy writing a post?

In a word NO 😉

I contacted Martin Wengrow who pops in here once in a while and he knows practically the whole 1971 double team extremely well and is writing a book .I asked him to submit a post as I am sure he knows a lot more than many of us who were around then. Apparently Peter Storey is quite ill.Now someone like him in his prime wouldn’t go amiss in this present team.

I have no time to write a post, but perhaps we could all join in singing “Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Arsenal, happy birthday to you!!!”

Today is the 129th anniversary of the foundation of Royal Arsenal on 1 December 1886.

104. Santi Cazorla is the first player to complete 1000 League passes this season.

105. fatgingergooner says:

3 years ago today I went to my first ever Arsenal game and we lost 2-0 at home to Swansea. Our team for that day:-

Szscesny
    Jenkinson Merts Vermaelen Gibbs
    Cazorla Arteta Wilshere
    Walcott Podolski Gervinho

Subs: Mannone, Squillaci, Coquelin, Ramsey, Ox, Rosicky, Giroud

We were about 14th in the PL after that game!

Our current injury ravaged squad would give that team problems, and our first XI would destroy it!

3 years seems quite a short time in football terms but our squad has improved a lot since then and we’ve even won 2 FA Cups in that time.

Whilst we may be struggling with injuries and form at the moment, things could be a lot worse….we could have Squillaci on the bench!!! 😀

106. Only one month until the transfer window opens.

Is kallstrom coming back NG 🙂

108. You’re the one with the crystal ball Kelsey. 😀

Arsenal picked up more injuries than points in November.

Stats! Don’t you just love them.

109. Here’s one reason for high ticket prices, Premier League clubs paid a staggering £129,857,560 to agents in the past twelve months.

Arsenal’s share was £11,928,584.

110. The strange thing is that although Arsenal’s agent spend jumped from £4,300,000 in the previous year, we actually signed hardly any new players.

It must have been due to negotiating new contracts for existing players.

111. VCC says:

FGG 09:04. Last line “we could have Squillaci on the bench”…….

AND Mertesacker, Arteta, Giroud and Rosicky in our first team squad………

Oh, wait a minute, we still have!!!!!!!!!

112. VCC says:

Kelsey 08:54….thats sad about Peter Storey.

But interesting about the book being written by Martin Wengrow. Would love a copy when it’s published.

113. VCC, send me twenty-five quid together with your bank details and I’ll see you get one of the first copies of the press.

114. stevepalmer1 says:

One in the pipe if you are desperate.

There is a … very late