Can Canaries shoot down High Flying Gunners?

Things have not been working in the last two PL games. One point is not a good enough return against two mediocre teams. Is this a blip or a trend?

This afternoon will tell because on paper we should win this. In the awful event of us losing and Spurs winning we could be 5th this evening.

The return of Ox and Ramsey to the squad gives Mr Wenger some welcome selection choices. Will Mr Wenger use them?

My expectation is that he will have both players on the bench. Campbell was crap at WBA but he was very good on Tuesday night and perhaps he needed a good performance to prove to both himself and AW that he is worth a place in the squad. How many times do we say a player needs a run of games and yet criticise them after just one game? (see Arteta/Debuchy).

Sanchez has had a 5 day break which will take him from the red zone into the pink 🙂 and will surely start. With the wizard Ozil in magnificent form and certainly not in the red we have the tools to win.

A solid defensive performance is essential as is good fortune. WBA scored twice last week and yet had only one shot on target for the whole 95 minutes! Who knows, Norwich could win today without a single shot on target – it happens.

And what of Norwich? Well, it is a lovely town and the cathedral is spectacular. Carrow Road is a friendly and enjoyable ground for away fans. A few years ago I was in Norwich on a Saturday afternoon. Mrs Raddy was in total shopping mode. I checked the time and noticing it was half-time went to the stadium asking if I could watch the remainder of the game for free. The steward invited me in and said “sit in any free seat”. Top bloke.

Alex Neill has already stated that his team will be resolute which is another way of saying “I don’t care if we are at home, we will be parking the bus because it is the only way we stand a chance” (not in those exact word 😉 ). So expect loads of possession, lots of fannying about on the edge of the Norwich box, long ball breakaways aimed at Mbokani, and Arsenal to score from a set piece.

Redmond is their best player this season and will undoubtedly cause problems. My answer is to tell Flamini close him down at every opportunity.

So …. vigilance, continued brilliance from SanZil, clinical finishing and Bob’s you Uncle  – three points on the road and Happy Days.

COYRRG

163 Responses to Can Canaries shoot down High Flying Gunners?

1. Norwich is a city, not a town Radish.

But thank you for the pre-match a.away. 😀

I think Wenger will start with Campbell, he was bigging him up in the papers this morning and he doesn’t think Ramsey is the right man for the job alongside Cazorla so Flamini will get the nod there.

An early goal is essential, if we get that there could be a comfortable win on the cards.

2. Le Coq Monster says:

Thanks Raddy !

With all that drinking you and Spermbank1969 do, you are both probably in the Rednose zone….I`d rather be in the Pinkbits zone !.

Norwich should not only be drug tested for their games but have their toes checked as well !….as playing with extra toes is an unfair advantage !. Probably the only ground where all the home supporters are related.
    Definitely a MWG and I can say this as a fact as how many of us will be pissed off with anything other than a win !……anyone be happy with a draw against the mighty family fcukers ?…..you know I`m right !.

3. a.away is Norfolk dialect for “anyway” 😀

4. Nice one BR….. glad the glass of wine perked you up, nothing like it after a night on the piss 🙂 well, even when you’ve not had a night on the piss a glass of wine at 9am is a nice start to a day.

Norwich…. sheep, turnip fields and dodgy farmers with pigs. Must win game because if the spuds beat the chavs, they’ll be above us…. fucking can’t have that now can we.

I’m just about to start a potato and leek soup, made with white wine and cream naturally. Eddie would like it because I have a particularly large and thick leek…… and by that I don’t mean a leak into to my trousers when I get excited 🙂

5. Le Coq Monster says:

I know that sounds a bit rich from someone living in Cornwall……Pot kettle !. hahaha

6. Cockie, at least most of them will know who their fathers are. 😀

7. All we need now is someone from Norwich to come on and comment that he knows exactly who his father is…. his uncle!

8. Norfolk….. snap. 🙂

9. Le Coq Monster says:

I think we are all on the same page here !…..MWG and the parentage of Norwich fans !. 😆

Morning all, thanks Raddy for the PM, I hope your doggy hair morning is shaping up well. If you gaze out of the window Raddy can you see 2 mermaids sitting on a rock?

MWG for me if we are serious about the title. Each big team will have some banana skin slip ups this season but I reckon the title will go to the team that has the least banana skin slip ups added to which team performs well in the head to heads. We have had 2 banana skin slip ups already, can we afford more?

Cockie, it is well known that them Cornish lot have 7 digits on each hand but unfortunately can’t count beyond 12, so they take the p*ss out of them poor Norfolk folk who have 6 on each hand, blissfully unaware of the irony of the situation.

Morning all, thanks for the prematch as ever Raddy, first thing I will say, it’s bloody freezing up here today, and the situation will not improve come 4pm, so plenty of oils and warm ups required to avoid muscle injuries.

Not sure this is one for injury prone players to come off the bench in, they either start having had full warm up or they sit on the bench in a sleeping bag all afternoon and hope they can stay there.

Norwich will undoubtedly play on the counter, although the home fans won’t like it if they do it with no success so I think we should aim to play the first 30 without giving them any encouragement that the counter might be successful (ie keep men back), it’s a kind of ground that often effects our players as they are very eager and vociferous bunch if they get their tails up or have an inkling of an upset, but give them no sign of a chink and hopefully they will be pressuring their own team to start pushing forward more and therefore opening up for us. As ever an early goal wouldn’t go amiss. Back for kick off

Like Gooner B I get the feeling this season 6 clubs could really go on a run and then all of them shoot themselves in the foot.United look very average yet remain in contention.Spurs are playing too well for my liking and Chelsea aren’t as bad as many make out but I fear trouble in the dressing room and hopefully deCosta will become more and more a liability..

So on today and we play in black predominently,I hope that isn’t an omen, but thanks yet once again BR for the preview.
    it was confirmed this morning that Sanchez is carrying a slight hamstring strain, but AW says he won’t here of not playing.It’s a shame that we are so reliant onhim, oh wait I forgot Ollie 😉

13. Le Coq Monster says:

Hahaha true, GB !……….mind you, I don’t know about my neighbour farmers digits as they wear furry mits on their 4 hands !. All I know is they are a bit thick…..only yesterday I chatted to their fit looking daughter/sister and tried it on by saying I would love to eat her pussy !……next thing I know she is on the phone reporting me to the RSPCA !.

14. Le Coq Monster says:

GIE confirms our suspicions about the home crowd !………… “they are very eager and vociferous bunch if they get their tails up” !.

Thanks, BR.
    As you say, we really need to get back on the 3-point trail.
    Cmon you Gunners.

Chavs line up without a striker. Pathetic from Merinho.

17. Despite really enjoying seeing the Chavs just above the relegation zone….. want them to win today, can;t have the spuds going above us…. added pressure on our game.

18. Poor fucking idiot… he’ll go to his grave wothout ever seeing the Spuds win a trophy

19. I’m off to the bar for an hour or so…. back for the sofa later.

Lovely PM Raddy. I’m a fan of Norfolk (the county as well as the blogger 🙂 ) and Norwich as a team epitomises a lot of the reasons.

I agree with GoonerB, this is a MWG if we are serious about our title hopes. The weather and conditions will not be ideal. No snoods, no gloves, roll your sleeves up boys and let’s be the side who is hungriest.
    in some ways this could be a good dress rehearsal for the Olympiacos game. We will be facing similar tactics. The first goal is key and must be scored by us.

COYRRG

21. Le Coq Monster says:

Nice photo Spermbank !……….2 cocks on balls on his head !……double dickhead !.

22. Shard says:

Thanks Raddy. I only just woke up after a party yesterday. Must be getting old. Is anyone on AA going to the pub to watch this game? I might be up for nb’s suggestion of drowning the hangover in booze. But really, it’s been a while since I’ve been on here and would be nice to catch up in person as well.

We should win today. Ozil’s on fire. Can he add to his assists record? If we can just put away our chances he should, and we should win. I’d stick with Campbell even though Ox is the beyter player. Ox wasn’t in great form before his injury and Campbell has just had a good performance. No sense in wasting that.

23. 0-0 halftime at that horrible place that cannot be mentioned. How do we feel about a full-time draw?

Shard, if you can make it to the Aylsham British Legion Club I’ll sign you in and buy you a pint. 😀

Hard game to call NGT could go either way.has deCosta been dropped as Chelsea aren’t exactly parking the bus but both Fabregas and hazard aren’t what they were last year or whisper it quietly have Spurs improved under the Pounce.

25. Red Arnie says:

very nice PM as ever, Raddy. 🙂 MWG? Yes. 🙂

Splitting the parked bus open the order of the day. COYG. 🙂

26. Red Arnie says:

Cockie. worrying news. if it si true, that is. hmmm.

27. Spuds look as though they’re out for blood, certainly not holding back in the tackle. Luvvly Jubbly!

28. Red Arnie says:

Norfolk. Anything but 3 points to Spuds. 🙂

29. Arnie, I’d settle for a 0 – 0.

Well any ban will be down to us breaching rules on Under 18 transfers. Which I believe is the following:

Basically no under 18 transfers from outside eu, except if the parents move for non football reasons.

And then no under 16 transfers in EU (working laws stop the ban being imposed in EU)

This was 2011 so have we signed any players since then from overseas under 18 where parents haven’t moved?

31. Shard says:

Haha. Thanks norfolk.

0-0 full time. Good result for us I think. Only if we do our bit and win that is.

What’s this talk of a transfer ban? Not that it’ll affect us if we believe the Wener haters 🙂

32. Shard says:

Wenger*

Welll done Raddy, if you can write articles like this one while under influence, I would like to read some sober prose from you 🙂

Nice one, thanks. What worries me is the fact that Norwich won last game and that they are desperate to get out of the bottom 5 – they will put on a fight, no doubt about it. We need to keep possession of the ball and hope for openings

bloody bus, I never look forward to buses

aaahhh, Diego’s upset with Mourinho….aaahh, what a shame

35. Le Coq Monster says:

Preferred a Chav win, but none the less a good start to the day….a 5 goal difference win will see us top !

FOYS and COYRRG !

36. You’re pushing your luck (oops, not meant to mention luck) there Cockie. 😀

37. Damn, I mentioned luck twice, oops I’ve done it again.

38. Le Coq Monster says:

Another version !……..Barca were banned for the same reason !……now I know I will probably hurt a few Wenger Arsenelickers with this, but If true, surely it would be absolute common sense to spend the whole of Kelsey`s £228M in the January transfer window to offset a possible 2 year ban of no transfers !…..you know it makes sense, although Micky will want the whole lot spent on one striker !.

39. Le Coq Monster says:

Mind you !….a bit of Arsenelicking here…….if we were/are banned for 2 years, who better to win us 4th place trophy for 2 years without any new players than …..Arsene !………who needs luck when you have Arsene !.

Barca signed Suarez and sold us Sanchez whilst banned from transfers (although only because they were awaiting an appeal decision)

I would imagine the Spanish media would want to cast the net a bit wider as currently it seems to only be affecting their clubs.

Didn’t watch the footie been watching Murray lead the Davis Cup Team home.

41. Anyone see that final point?!?!?!?!? That is pure quality!

Belgian fans thought that their man hit a winner, Murray somehow gets it fails to pass with it and then finds an amazing lob on the next shot.

42. You didn’t miss much Exile, lots of dodgy tackles and bookings, not a lot of football.

Best bit was when Costa spat his dummy out after warming up and then then not being sent on as a sub.

He took his blouse of and threw over his shoulder.

Really quite funny.

What a weekend for the UK, Fury crowned as world champion and now Andy Murray wins the first Davis Cup in 79 years.

44. Shah, don’t say a word, my wife is watching a recording, just starting the third set.

Oops I hope I didn’t spoil it for anybody. I’ve been switching back and forth on 3 channels – Davis Cup, F1 and Spurs v Chelsea.

Cech
    Hector, BFG, Kozzer, Montreal
    Flamini, Rambo
    Ozil, Santi, Alexis
    Ollie

Not sure about Rambo starting in the middle as shown on Stats Zone

Well, I was wrong about Campbell 🙂

TEAM NEWS: Aaron Ramsey starts

Arsène Wenger has made one change to his side for the game against Norwich City.

Aaron Ramsey makes his first start in more than a month since his injury in place of Joel Campbell.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was included on the bench alongside teenager Jeff Reine-Adelaide while Kieran Gibbs missed out with a slight calf strain.

Arsenal starting XI: Cech, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud

Arsenal substitutes: Ospina, Debuchy, Gabriel, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chambers, Campbell, Reine-Adelaide
    Copyr

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20151129/team-news-aaron-ramsey-starts#VDdwUlRtEA2RILcS.99

50. I expect Santi to play central with Flamini and Ramsey on the right as usual.

Don’t worry GN5, she’s been in the kitchen for a while preparing tonight’s meal and is just catching up.

Don’t know why they bother with the Grand Prix, might as well stick the top six cars on a fairground carousel and let them chase each other round and round until they disappear up where the sun don’t shine.

I find Murray the least endearing top sportsman in the UK.Listen to his early career remarks about England and the LTA in general, nevertheless well done GB on winning the Davis Cup. It’s still an elitest game, always has been and when you make 75 million at Wimbledon fortnight and put make three quarters of a million into the junior game are we surprised we produce so very few good players.
    Both Henman and Murray didn’t come through the system because the LTA didn’t recognise their talent at an early age and both were dismissed.David lloyd got Henman’s career going and of course we all know murray’s mother initially coached him.

52. Terry Mancini says:

Cheers Raddy

I’ve never really liked Norwich. People up there look at you funny if you ain’t got a burst blood vessel of the face

There’s also a feeling that they all think that the appointment of the Archbishop of Canterbury as King would be a good idea. Oh yes, if only Guy Fawkes was still alive.They would love to fawk that guy.

Behind this moral Cromewellian morality however, there all a bunch of bleeding perverts. You can always tell when there is a swingers party up there, Wellington boots go out of sale . That’s why they all have burst blood vessels, the sight of a farmers wife In pink wellies pretending to not been your kin drives them wild

The only reason they haven’t taken over the world is they stick to there own. Why? A fear of plague and a knock on the door from the witch finder general, plus sex is better with someone you can relate to.

Arsenal 5-0

Oh dear Kelsey once again we disagree.

Andy Murray is among a handful of truly world class sports people that GB has produced, he’s very proud of his country of birth and may have made a few disparaging remarks about the English but takes nothing away from his sporting achievements.

54. Murray is bit like Arsenal, perennially in fourth place with the odd runner up spot. Always slightly overshadowed by Nadal, Federer and Djokovic.

I agree with Kelsey. Never like the cut of Murray’s jib. One cannot doubt his sporting ability but the same can be said of Rooney.

Right ….. feet up, bottle of red airing and awaiting kick-off.

Come on You Gunners

TMHT. Love the wellingtons comment. They are a top seller in the welsh valleys

57. Le Coq Monster says:

He likes to go and watch the Arsenal, so cant be all bad for a Sweaty !.

Not happy about Houlihan starting. He is a good player

59. Wet and windy in this neck of the woods, mind you that could be a result of last night’s curry.

C’mon you GUNNERS!

Weather update it’s bloody windy and cold!!

And given the ground is not exactly enclosed there could be a lot of unpredictable flight.

Snap NG. 🙂

62. Le Coq Monster says:

What has it come to when we are scared of a team with a man called Houlihan ?…….and we have 3 world class players in Ozil, Alexis and Giroud……they should be shitting themselves !.

63. Le Coq Monster says:

This is my last comment for 2 hours as I have to hide behind the sofa as I`m shitting myself !……………………memo to self…..must get an en-suit fitted to the back of my sofa .

Less than 10 minutes and we have our first injury. Was it a back problem?

Saw him pull up on the touch line in the attack before that, damn it.

Why didn’t we just kick it in to touch to get Paulista on rather than playing with it. Sometimes I really question our own players decision making.

i thought those were pink wellington boots 🙂 simply awful

are you doing pretendies? full kit and pies by the garden window?

Love the sneaking in story
    Watching on mobile not bad

Come on you gunnnnners

muscle in side of back Raddy

and who missed a sitter 🙂

Hardly a sitter. Very very difficult chance IMO

Terrible weather, delighted I am on the sofa

OooooooZiil

Superb pass

Yay, PINK WELLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My plYers Are 5mm tAll
    Who did the interception and pass for the Mesut goal

How the duck can they have a brick camera hole a couple of yards off the pitch. Completely ridiculous. Instant broken leg if it collides with the brick edge.

Quite right chas.

We always give away goals at a crucial time, today 3 minutes from half time when we should have been 3-0 up

77. There’s a branch of Matalan just round the corner from the ground, can someone nip ound there and buy Wenger an overcoat to replace that ridiculous zip up sleeping back Puma supplied him with.

Every time he wears it we play like s**t.

Hmm defensive mistakes for both goals, poor by Ruddy, poor by Rambo gifting too easier a pass to the forward

79. Round there, sleeping bag.

proper headbutt, good old days

we will win, relax.

If i had said that NG they would call me a doomer 🙂

Is Ramsey not really fit as he hardly has any influence in the game.Norwich take away brady are another crap team we should be rolling obvedr.

Completely agree – Wenger’s sleeping bag to blame again.
    When will the duck down learn?

It easy to blame individuals but the whole team got over-confident once we were in front.

I hate conceding goals when we have been ahead. What happened to 1-0 to the Arsenal?

Ozil is once again head and shoulders the best player on the pitch.

85. I leave the bar and we’re 1 -0 up and seem to be cruising…. I get home and it’s fecking 1 – 1….. what the fuck happened?

SORT IT OUT, VENGA

88. F**k, now Santiago is cracked.

90. No you poxy tablet, SANTI is CROCKED.

We are doing the usual and trying to pass the ball through their defence with the usual result. We’d be better to bring on the Ox or Campbell – at least they will take players on.

Oh dear, that’s not the way I wanted to see the substitution take place 😦

Oh NO. Not Sanchez 😦

94. Oh well that’s blown it Alexis with a hamstring injury.

We need a leader on the pitch to pull our boys together

96. fatgingergooner says:

Will come back in February when we have our squad back!

Ridiculous injuries.

Amazing save by Cech

Need to make midfield stronger.

99. Thank Dennis for Cech’s left hand.

100. fatgingergooner says:

Need to make our players stronger!

Why are we playing in black?

102. Remind me which of these two teams is supposed to be challenging for the Premiership title?

103. We must get another…. but at the moment it could go either way

Rasp….simple answer Puma.

NG if we somehow find a way to win we may start thinking that this is the kind of grind out game you need to win championships.

Given the conditions I’d happily take a draw away, had it not been for the reverse last week.

Does our team know how to play with a sense of urgency?

106. fatgingergooner says:

No squad can challenge for trophies with the way we collect injuries. It’s amazing how it happens year after year, even with different players!

We’re making Norwich look like Barcelona 😦

Manager of the Month Curse strikes again.

109. Bollo….. wasted chance and two important injuries sustained, not a good day

Does anyone else think that Giroud looked a lot more hungry and determined when Theo had usurped him as first choice striker?

Hugely disappointing result abut as GIE says given the weather a point is almost acceptable.

Far more worrying are the injuries which look more than just a week on the treatment table.

112. Aaron says:

Not holding back today.
    Arsene knew Sanchez should be rotated, along with Mert or Kos period!
    pissed beyond belief.
    We have now played basically two of the worst teams in the EPL and came away with fK’all.
    We should be 1st easy, but the team is knackered.
    Should be rotating Chambers, Debuchy, Gabriel, Ox, Ramsey, Flam, and crew every game or so to give our guys rest.
    But WE DONT EVER DO IT:-(
    Poor teams keep scoring on 1 shot, or we give up an own goal.
    Need to go for a walk to calm down this afternoon..
    shessssssssssssh.
    Go Gunners!

Rasp I think he looked a lot hungrier when he wasn’t knackered. Which probably goes in turn with Theo being fit. He looked done about 60 minutes into the second half against Zagreb, and I seem to remember Arsene mentioning an ankle issue they were managing, his a big bloke I don’t think ankles can be managed without giving up something in your performance.

Let’s be honest it’s not like Theo is going to be injured rest of the season, but like so many others there are simply no breathers on offer.

The conditions would have been a big leveller today, just to put it in perspective I was bent into the wind taking the dog for a walk, it was a bit more than a breeze.

My biggest concern is we are not finding a way to manage the game, we found ourselves a goal up courtesy of Ruddy, yet managed to let them back in the game.

Still as commentator just said no wins in November for us, but we are not exactly out of the race, and the City game will be essential pre Christmas.

Ox looked liked he’d slimmed down whilst being off, it was that just the kit?

No reason to blame AW. Sanchez had a 5 days rest before today. Same as all the other players.

FFS, now you are blaming the weather 😉

Our build up play was good, very good at times, but we haven’t got any finishers in the side. Of course AW stated publically on friday he was concerned about Sanchez’s hamstring and now of course that’s him knackered so it’s Jeff next week.

Oh giroud had another stunning game 🙂

Hi GIE, yes you may be right about Giroud. He was ineffective today but then again the service wasn’t great. I thought Monreal’s crossing was below par for once. The problem with this side is that the balance is critical and if one ur two are not performing the wheels come off.

How about jetlag, kelsey?

118. GIE

Everyone looks slim in black….. even me ha ha

Jeff will rip a massive hole in the Allardyce back passage next week. Bring it on.

120. Shard says:

Two injuries a week. There is no way we can live with that. Having lost our best defensive midfielder last week, we now lose our best defender and best attacker. And it’s not like their replacements are all fit and raring to go.

All the same, apart from the injuries, we’re now once again conceding soft goals. Even when we have been winning in the league. Last week at West Brom was a day that everything went wrong, but those goals conceded were very avoidable. The same today. We were quite lucky to not concede more. In itself a point is acceptable based on the game today, but it really is putting presure on us. We need Alexis to be back quickly and we also need the likes of Welbeck, Walcott, Wilshere and Rosicky to come back quickly. Plus concentrate on defending properly. Including set pieces sent to the far post.

All is not yet lost. It is still an open league, but we need to be careful to avoid further slip ups right now.

Ps. The push on Alexis and similar fouls should be punished with a red in my opinion. They are cowardly and intended to threaten harm and to outlaw them would take nothing away from the game.

I was hoping we might sneak it in the last 20 when the journeymen footballers got tired from five million shuttle runs, but it just wasn’t to be.

122. William McGoonagal says:

These sky pundits? Are the paid real money? Arsenal were playing really well and dominating until the tracks’ very much against the run of play wangled an equaliser right on half time.
    No mention of the tractor’ willfully pushing Sanchez into the camera pit?

123. Shard says:

Chas

We might well have, but we began to give away the ball through misplaced passes, wayward crosses and poor touches. Also, I believe the referee encouraged a more physical rather than technical game which suited Norwich.

124. er, what colour were the “journeymen” playing in?

There wasn’t a whole lot of difference.

125. Le Coq Monster says:

All my moaning that we never bought any outfield players in the summer would have made no difference if we had of bought anyway !…………….the injuries are a bad joke….one player comes back and two replace him in the treatment room !.
    We may only be 2 points behind the leaders, but we might as well be a 100 points behind as we all know deep down that we are not going to win a title whilst our injury curse is ripping the shit out of us .
    Just accept it Gooner brothers and sisters…… it is still a long way off ! . I don’t even care about 4th place anymore as lets face it other than the money for the club what has it done for us ?……..us being in the CL is like someone like Stoke being in the EPL,………they aint going to win it !
    As for the CL money, it is dwarfed now by the TV money, so even Stoke are rich ! 👿

PS……sorry if that is being fickle again, GN5, but it is more a cursing our luck comment…..oops !, lets not get Rasp started !. hahaha

PPS…….I expect our biggest ever spending spree in the January TW, when we buy in players to cover the likes of the Bobby and Thierry who are training the clubs youth, but will surely be brought back as they are free agents !……this is the most I`ve been depressed since the Spuds got a point today !.

3 injuries as according to AW Santi played the whole second half on one leg. Try and picture that or even Santi shooting lol

127. Le Coq Monster says:

Arsenal’s injury list

Alexis Sanchez
    Santi Cazorla
    Laurent Koscielny
    Mikel Arteta
    Francis Coquelin
    Jack Wilshere
    Tomas Rosicky
    Danny Welbeck
    Theo Walcott

At least 4/5 first choice players there !

There is one Wenger saying that is becoming frequent and unbearable after every game !…………………………….”How bad are they, I don’t know, we will have to see that tomorrow”………………I dread those words in the post match interviews !.

The journeymen were playing in yellow and green.

Take a gander at the League table.

Admittedly we were pretty shite today, too.

Rasp I don’t think there was one decent aerial cross today, nothing worse than see a centre forward trying to get his neck far enough back to get his head on a ball played behind him.

Neither Nacho or Hector had particularly great games and we looked shaky as soon as Kozcame off which always goes back to the thought about units on the pitch and changing 1 is doable changing 2 affects the balance as it was today when the defensive unit had to welcome Flamini and Paulista.

Given the shape today and the lack of physical size in the middle with Coq out I think Rambo needs to play alongside Flamini, just gives a bit more physicality in the middle, and would free Santi up the pitch to interact more with Ozil and Alexis.

I’m still more annoyed at losing at WBA than drawing today.

The boss on Norwich, Alexis and Cazorla

Arsène Wenger faced the media after Arsenal’s 1-1 draw against Norwich City at Carrow Road on Sunday. You can read a full transcript of his press conference below:

on his view of the game…
    That it was a difficult game. We played against a Norwich side that was at the top level physically and focused. They were well organised and they played every time with 10 players in their own half, and we were not incisive enough. Maybe the turning point of the game was maybe we dropped a little bit after scoring straight away and allowed them back into the game. In the second half I felt we had to dig deep to get though as we were a bit jaded and we lost players. Cazorla played on one leg and of course we played Kosicelny at the start of the game so it was, I would say, a fair point for Norwich and it was on the injury front a bad afternoon for us.

on Alexis…
    The players are there to play football and not to be rested when the press decides they need to be rested.

on if Alexis’ injury is serious…
    He says it is a kick on his hamstring. I fear the reality is worse than that.

on Cazorla’s injury…
    In the first half he got a kick on the knee and it got worse. I don’t know if he has jaded his knee ligament or he it was just a kick on the nerve but the worrying thing was it got worse during the game. For Koscielny it was a kick on his hip and he could not move at all. We have to assess all of that.

on whether Alexis is putting on a brave face…
    Of course, like everybody. Nobody is scientifically developed enough, not even the press, to predict exactly when a guy would be injured. I must say that with all humility we are not position to predict that, despite all our test he looked alright.

on whether he was okay during the week…
    We checked him and when you have no force and no middle stretch in your hamstring then there is no problem and he had that.

on whether Alexis is tired…
    I believe that it is normal that a player gives everything in a game and I’m surprised you are surprised.

on the importance of Alexis…
    You have plenty of players across Europe who play every single game and at the moment we are short as Walcott is not there, Welbeck is not there, Oxlade-Chamberlain is just coming back. I can take a gamble on one and in case I can take a gamble on another one.

on who could play in central midfield…
    We have Ramsey. I can understand you worry for us, but trust us, we will be there.

on it being a nervy time…
    We have to go through that spell. We had a bad spell of a few games now with Tottenham, West Brom and today we only have taken two points but we are still not far and going through a bad spell and not being far. It is not enough but at least we had an opportunity to come back.
    Copyright 2015 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to http://www.arsenal.com as the source

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20151129/the-boss-on-norwich-alexis-and-cazorla#sFKXw6eZgEdooh0W.99

26 9 3
    27 5 6
    28 5 5
    28 5 5

That’s the WDL of the last four season winners.

We are currently 833

But the good news is City are 923

What I’m saying is we need a run of wins between now and the New Year.

I’m hugely disappointed about today’s result once again we got kicked around with minimal action taken by the referee’s this time it was John Moss in charge. We end up losing 3 of our best players and now have (almost) a full 1st team squad out.

I don’t give a monkeys about dropping points it’s dropping players that irks me…………..I should have saved my rant up until next Friday!!!.

All three injuries today were caused by “ACCIDENTAL” kicks from the opposition.

Gee and I waited to calm down before I commented……………

133. Red Arnie says:

Sad, really sad. Why do we always concede after taking a lead?

This means we always have to score at least twice to win. We cannot win the PL without being able to do sufficiently many “1-0 to the Arsenal”.

Nevertheless, we are still in the race. Hopefully Olympiacos will start a new phase. COYG.

And injuries, oh dear. 😦

Ha ha Crystals

We could have a field day today. I mean it was the weather. It was the red. And bad luck WILL make an appearance 😀

So, absolutely nothing whatsoever about no strengthening at DM and absolutely definitely no mention of how it’s gone to shot without a Theo and therefore are striker is absolute panty pants crap

I am absolutely not upset or cross in any way. Really

Reason being it is so completely predictable

Meow Puss Puss Puss

Chas
    Saw a comment of yours and I was think same about the brick lined camera position about two inches from the touch line
    Unreal

Sanchez sits on a hoarding following the incident stunned at the lack of punishment for Bennett

Falling in that pit wouldn’t help a red zone hamstring much.
    He shouldn’t have played, though #wegnerout

Apologies about the 6.12 photo – I was going to keep it all football-related.
    Only a momentary lapse hopefully.

Ohhhh I get it
    We’re sensitive about pussy vid haters comments
    Ok then, let’s fill the pre 9am slot with some serious doom and see how that sets everyone up for the day 😎

Perhaps I can kick the day off by discussing spending money 😀

Morning all, Raddy set a very good example last week with his match report, would anyone like to follow suit?

One small glimmer of hope for you all, on Saturday and Sunday Theo Walcott came into my sons place of work and there was no sign of a limp 🙂

Just to put the record straight. My youngest daughter reads this blog and has asked that I make the following statement;

Cats are adorable fluffy creatures. What makes them special is they all have there own distinct personalities and brighten peoples day with there cute trait of staring at you suspiciously.

I apologise unreservedly for inciting any hatred to our feline friends. So to rectify my cruelty, I will be donating a generous sum of money to our local cat sanctuary.

Massive storm here last night, bicycles strewn all over the streets.

Still …. worse things happen at sea.

Sorry Raddy. if I start commenting on Dogs as well, then no doubt i will end up having to fund some kids vet bill. By the time this is all over I will probably end up with an animal sanctuary at the back of the garden and a bailiff at the front door.

Haha, I’ve just read (and edited) my comment @ 7:41 which I dictated to my phone using siri; match report = metric balls … do I really annunciate that badly? 🙂

Morning all.

I think sometimes some people forget that football is a physical game 🙂 Now I read it was that all three players who are all of totally different build and physique got roughed up and of course the wind and rain and being cold didn’t help, but no mention of the real victim, that’s right you got it, those black shirts.

Wenger has a major problem which used to be a niggling problem with injuries.

We will most probably play out the rest of this year as a Carling Club team.

Two points from the last nine, but fret not we are still in the mix haha.

Bring on the Indian music Arnie before we thrash Olympiacos.

oh i did like the comment that the players were jet lagged 🙂

my favourite was the injured Gunnosorous 🙂 brilliant

too upset to blog. Never mind the result, Alexi’s injury will hurt us all

There is a …….

New Post

153. Morning doomers… 🙂

Rasp…. metric balls sounds good to me!

Dogs vs Cats….. they’re all adorable. I love cats because of their independant nature…. but then again I love dogs because of their loyalty….. shame can’t have an animal that has both traits. 😀