Wish You Were Here (JW/AR/AOC/FC etc)

A MWG or a MLG or even a MDG? If Olympiakos get a point in Munich it doesn’t matter anyway.

My opinion is that we should give it the full beans, attack from the first, if we are two up by half-time bring on the kids and look forward to a trip to Greece. If we start slowly, go in even at half-time then fight out a tough 1-0 whilst picking up an injury or two would it be considered a successful evening.

I am sure Mr Wenger will go all out to win this game and expect to get a result in Athens, he is focussed upon the CL and rightly so. The CL is the source of our European reputation (such as it is) and AW has a wonderful record of getting our club into the last 16.

Why is it important? Money and seeding.

There have been times this season when I thought it would be better if we gave up on the CL , finished 4th and concentrated upon the PL, but that is not how AFC work – the club philosophy is to try and win every game; tonight will be no exception.

Who plays?

Same as Saturday. Flamini replaces Le Coq. We do not risk Ramsey who has only had one day of full training. We have a 5 day break before the Norwich game.

Unknown

Tonight I will don the full kit, turn the TV out towards the terrace, settle into the padded teak Steamer and enjoy a Pretendies. Thanks to the freezing conditions I will be armed with a full bottle of warming fluids (single malt), an Arsene Wenger down coat, a Steve Bould woolly hat, Eduardo gloves and a Chamakh snood. If there is no sign of BR in the morrow then send out the St. Bernards.

We are a much better team than Zagreb and should win tonight.

COYRRG

245 Responses to Wish You Were Here (JW/AR/AOC/FC etc)

Excuse me Raddy, a little unfinished business from the last two comments.

Two very different opinions – GIE and me – well who would have believed it? πŸ™‚

GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:
    November 24, 2015 at 9:53 am

Micky and when new star gets injured? Oh yes back to square one.

Rasp show me the evidence, I linked to the squad lists yesterday? Show me how ManUre, Shitty, Chavs have a deeper squad.

In my view we have 18/19 of first team quality, who wouldn’t look too out of place in our starting line up:

Cech
    Alexis
    Ox
    Theo
    Welly
    Giroud

Possibly add Debuchy and Flamini

That’s a squad that can win things will be happy to rotate etc, now remove half that list and we are in the mire, but as I ask, show me another PL squad that goes deeper when you lose 7/8 of the core squad..

RA says:
    November 24, 2015 at 9:55 am

Leaving aside the fact that we could not, even in a Micky Wonderland, have two ace players in every position, as we might as well abolish the youth teams, as a maximum 25 man squad – 22 = 3. So, that’s 3 spares for an extra goalie or two, and 1 for all our future stars.

On the other hand, some, like me, think we don’t have 11 ace players as it stands, let alone 22. πŸ™‚

Just quickie from yesterday
    Morning Exile and RA πŸ™‚
    “Micky and when new star gets injured? Oh yes back to square one”
    Yes Dear πŸ™‚
    Ok, here we go. Just supposing we bought Lewendowski. Suppose also that Ollie copped a strop and left. Are we back to square one, or have we improved?
    Out now for a few hours, so will save The BR MP to enjoy

I liked the Post, Raggy, πŸ™‚

I am particularly pleased you have introduced a forecast of caution with your “we should win tonight”, rather than the heart-sinking forecast of many that we should win easily. πŸ˜€ [we then proceed to lose Γ  la Wet Bromwich]

I happen to agree with you, Mickish. πŸ˜€

Thanks Raddy, as usual you’ve HTNOTH πŸ˜€

Out of respect to today’s post, I’ve responded to the comment above in the tail end of yesterday’s post.

Today is all about us beating Zagreb and being in with a chance of getting through to the knock out stages.

6. ‘morning all,

It’s maximum effort tonight chaps.

Never mind a few injury worries or winning the Premiership, there’s as much as Β£70 million riding on this game.

Think about that, Β£70 million.

What a great addition to the bank statement that would be!

Cynical? Moi?

NG. Exactly. And the necessity to improve the PL seedings so we do not go down to just 3 CL places.

8. Morning Girls πŸ™‚

Β£70m…………… is that what it’s really all about? Get to last 16, put the money in the bank, get knocked out, accumulate another couple of injuries and end up with no chance of winning the PL and finishing in our usual 4th birth! FFS………. I want silverware and this season if ‘luck’ is with us, then that should be the title.

Yes, we go all out for the win. We need to boost squad morale and to start behaving like a ‘big club’.

Raddy, would you be offended if I replaced your PM banner with the CL banner prior to the game? CL nights at The Emirates are very special and it just seems to set the tone πŸ™‚

Of course, that’s the answer!!! We need luck in the side ….. what is J ‘L’ L up to these days? πŸ˜†

11. Nice PM btw Raddy…… but I don’t agree about playing our first team. I’m scared at the moment, very scared about further injuries…. at the least we should be trying to make history by winning a 3rd FA Cup on the trot.

I just did some research and found this ….

He is one of four players to have played in the top flight of English football in four separate decades, the other players to attain this achievement are Peter Shilton, Steve Ogrizovic and Sir Stanley Matthews.

13. Rasp

You just don’t ‘let it go’ do you! I believe in ‘Luck’, it doesn’t need you to then take the piss. Leave it alone or you start the whole fucking thing again.

14. Just realised the time…. got something to do so must go but will be back later to get on the sofa.

Aherm NB, I belive it was you who mentioned luck @ 11:22, not I πŸ˜€ My response was a light hearted trip down memory lane, not an attempt to rekindle an argument.

16. Apologies to you Big and Randy, I forgot to thank you for the pre-match, excellent as always.

A bit off the subject maybe but I thought it interesting…the Zagreb player who tested positive following the away leg, Arijan Ademi, has been banned for four years. Yet UEFA will not be taking any action against the club as their rules state “UEFA sanctions a team only if more than two players at one club are found to have doped in one competition period”.

At the game only three of Zagreb’s players were tested. It’s difficult to see how that can be considered either an effective anti-aging regime or an effective deterrent.

The day after Arsene Wenger highlighted the lack of testing in football, last Thursday, ten members of the anti-doping squad turned up at the Arsenal training ground to carry out tests.

17. Anti-doping, not anti bloody aging!!!

Stupid tablet! πŸ˜€

18. “I came close to death after health scare”. Dear old Sepp Blatter goes for the sympathy vote ahead of his appearance before the FIFA ethics committee. Which is an oxymoron in itself.

And before you get confused Redders, an oxymoron is not a dumb cow. πŸ˜€

Thank you Raddy once again.

That we find ourselves in this dreadful position injury wise is another story for another day.

Whatever Wenger does tonight could be wrong. I agree he will play Raddy’s team, it is not in his make up to play a weakened team or should I say whoever is left standing in the squad.

If by any chance Bayern drop a point its goodnight from him and goodnight from me and even if they do win we need an emphatic result ourselves before we can even think about the last game, as momentum is needed for the league period up to Xmas..

Too many posibilities to really think about enjoying tonight as it all could be in vain.

Oh I don’t think it’s 70 million even if you win the CL, I believe it’s nearer half of that.

21. Only going by what I have read in the papers Kelsey, but Β£70 million is the amount quoted.

Kelsey is right. πŸ™‚

23. Oh no he’s not! (Pantomime season). πŸ˜€

I hope Jeff is on the bench tonight, he’s the brightest looking young prospect I’ve seen at Arsenal since Fabregas

“an oxymoron is not a dumb cow”

Quote of the day

Thanks Raddy. Things are getting a bit tricky what with all the injuries. Some players clearly need a breather but we have no alternatives to rotate and the team in general looks like it is flagging a bit. We have managed to still get some results but the team performances have looked somewhat under par since Sheffield Wednesday. I have read back on a lot of yesterdays discussion and am half agreeing with different people.

I really don’t know how to assess our injuries but they have been too consistent over too many seasons to put them down to something that rhymes with duck πŸ™‚ The balance of probabilities would suggest we are doing something wrong or are not doing something we should be. Maybe we have now started to address it but the improved variables haven’t had enough time to take full effect yet.

Interesting on the Le Coq debate, but I always felt we should look for an answer from within here. I get the thought that it would be difficult to have 2 top class holding midfielders, unless the player recruited can play both the disciplined holding role and a box to box role. That would mean he could play with as well as instead of Le Coq.

Gibbs has always been one I would consider for the back up role to Le Coq, and I think he could do a good job. Debuchy has played there when in France so knows the role but his recent performances have made me question his legs. Flamini is an obvious option and can at times do a very good job but we really need younger pacier options than him.

I actually personally think it is our front 4 that has entered the season lacking. Micky would maybe agree πŸ™‚ We are set up as an attacking outfit anyway so there will always be some defensive sacrifice. The problem is if the attacking unit is not of the highest quality you then rely more on defensive solidity and options to cover for this. With supreme attacking and goal-scoring options we would put teams to bed more effectively and not end up in tight 90 minute stressful battles.

Sorry to say but Ollie does not quite do it for me at the highest level. Sure he scores a reasonable amount of goals but we do create a lot of chances to be fair and he does miss an awful lot. I also feel we alter how we move the ball toward the front when he plays and end up more reliant on scoring from set pieces.

Theo showed some promise but still hasn’t done enough for me and is now injured anyway. Welbeck is obviously injured but also hadn’t established himself as a top striker even before this so effectively, IMO, we entered the season without an established top striker.

The other attacking area lacking for me is a top goal-scoring wide left-footer that operates from the right to compliment Sanchez on the other side. A Yarmolenko type player added to a top striker like Cavani or Lewandowski would see us more destroy teams IMO and then largely overcome any DM or CD weaknesses.

If we were lining up with a front 4 of Ozil, Sanchez, Yarmolenko and Cavani tonight then I feel we could pair Gibbs and Flamini in DM together. Any reduction in creativity from these 2 more solid players would be overcome by the sheer quality of the front 4 ahead of them. I think players of that quality and we win against both Spurs and West Brom even with some question marks on other defensive areas in the squad.

If anything I would accuse Arsene of potentially over-estimating some of our attackers and failing to be ruthless enough to push our attacking unit (both 1st choice 11, and squad wise) onto a new level. When you are an attack minded team and buy world class players like Ozil and Sanchez it is because you intend to build towards the completion of a world class attacking unit. You don’t buy them and then sit back pairing them with players from the next tier down. Those top players themselves will likely end up frustrated and disenchanted, move on and then we start again.

27. Rasp, I’d start him and give Alexis a rest.

28. Manure managed to sign both Schweinsteiger and Schneiderling in the same window, they seem happy enough.

Mind you, Wenger couldn’t find anyone that would improve his squad.

Victor Wanyama of Southampton would be ideal.Had a very good game against us last season I think at The Emirates.

Cheers, BR.

In some ways the pressure is off tonight which will probably help the players (whoever they may be).

I like the sound of your Pretendy, especially the warming beverage. I’d ditch the snood; Mrs BR might think you’re turning a touch light in the loafers.

This tweet sparked my curiosity. Anyone tried anything similar? (either making or sampling)

Christmas Pudding Vodka

1 litre vodka
    4 tbsp dark brown sugar
    1 cinnamon stick
    2 cloves
    peel of 1 orange and 1 lemon
    25g each currants, raisins, dried figs(halved if large)

Combine all ingredients in large bowl or jug, then decant into large (they recommend 1.3 litre) sterilised (dishwasher okay) bottle. Seal with cork or screw cap.

Leave for at least 2 weeks in a dark place, shaking occasionally to agitate the ingredients, then use a funnel lined with a coffee filter paper to decant into “pretty sterilised bottles of your choice” (but no info on where to get them!) – add a fresh piece of lemon and orange peel and a fresh cinnamon stick if you like.

Irish Cream

450ml whisky
    1 400g can evaporated milk
    1 400g can condensed milk
    1 tsp instant coffee
    Β½ tsp vanilla extract
    60ml Kahlua (optional)

PREPARATION:

Whizz everything together in a blender for 1 minute. Bottle and store in a refrigerator.

33. Chas, here’s a tip, buy two, litre bottles of Vodka, use one for the pudding recipe and drink the other while making it. Then you’ll have the two pretty bottles for the finished product….and a jolly good hangover too. πŸ˜€

Nice to see you reverting to the music theme Raddy – I hope we haven’t hit The Wall πŸ™‚

I’ve just heard that Olympiacos’ game was called off at the weekend due to crowd trouble meaning they’ve had a week’s rest. That is bad luck for Arsenal – completely beyond our control πŸ™‚

Raddy, thank you for the pre-match post – they are always a must read.

Our current injury list is really concerning –

The Ox – back any day.
    Arteta 2/3 weeks.
    Theo 3/4 weeks.
    Rosicky 5/7 weeks.
    Wellbeck 6/8 weeks.
    Wilshere 6/8 weeks.
    Coquelin 12/14 weeks.

So realistically it will be 2016 before the first six are back playing.
    My biggest concern is getting more injuries to our best players and playing a full squad today is putting them and our chances in other competitions in jeopardy.

I hear the buzz about the cost of bowing out at the group stage but that will be even greater if it also costs us the PL and FA cup at the same time. I appreciate the sentiment in wanting to win but is we fall one game short we will be doomed to the Europa League which will further damage our other opportunities.

My heart wants us to win the game, as always, but logically it’s a game I want us to lose……………but then again we could be “plucky” enough to win both games with no injuries.

Ooo, you’ve got me listening to Floyd again now, Rasp.

Usual FFB watering hole for pre-match, I suspect.
    Anyone else?
    Terry?
    Camel wormer?
    LB?

You can never get too much Floyd chas πŸ™‚

40. Hi all

I’ve been worrying about this game for weeks 😦

I cannot imagine arriving at The Emirates wanting us not to win. I feel it would be completely the wrong mentality so I’ll have all my lucky stuff on and plenty of room in all my pockets for all those unlucky enough not to be there.

It’s the Champions League and I love it and those that pull on the shirt tonight have to do their best to win this game, which I’m sure they will. If only my magic wand worked on injured footballers πŸ˜‰

I like the idea of Gibbs being used more either as a winger or alongside Flamini in the middle. I was thinking the other week that since Eboue left we haven’t had a player that could be chucked on to do a job. Gibbs has masses of experience, he’s pacy, knows how to defend and score – a one man team πŸ™‚

41. chas – I’m going to do my level best to get Rasp to the FFB for a pre-match beer but I am being ‘Wonder Woman ‘ today so I’m not sure it’ll happen. What time do you expect to leave there, just after 7?

42. Hey Rasp… aherm… cough cough

I mention the luck or bad luck involved because I believe it exists…. you disagree but it shouldn’t stop those who think it exists from commenting on it. You on the other hand, seem to get great pleasure from trying to ridicule others belief about luck. The stupid discussion only continues because of you…. no one else.

You have to accept that some, like me, believe in the ‘chance’ factor, even if we have control of the situation with the decisions we make…. luck can still play a part. So the sooner you accept that, the sooner the debate stops. Perhaps ‘luck’ and ‘bad luck’ need to be put into Room 101…. theres’ restrictive fascist control and censorship for you!

Chas, prepare to be wormed. BTW could you bring that other brother of yours. You know the sensible one that knows what he is talking about, not the other beer drinking pie eating reprobate πŸ™‚

Peaches, will you need a lot of luck to get Rasp there or will it just require good management and planning πŸ™‚

44. Chas

Loving the alcohol recipes….. why wait till Christmas πŸ™‚

NB, not you as well 😦 😦 I never ever ever ever said luck doesn’t exist ……..

Of course luck exists as an expression we all use for an event that is unexpected. My whole point throughout has been that some folks use the term to explain events that we really should expect based on past experience or which could have been avoided if we had taken some form of preventative action.

Therefore I wouldn’t ridicule you or anyone else who uses the word luck in it’s correct context. I don’t have to accept anything with which I don’t agree and I have never applied any form of ‘restrictive fascist control and censorship’ on here because I don’t agree with the opinion of another blogger.

I am overwhelmed with frustration that once again I have to explain something which I thought I had made abundantly clear. This is not me plugging away at it, I only respond when someone puts up a comment based on a misinterpretation of my words.

Of course random events will derail even the best laid plans and those random events can be described as luck. What I have been talking about is the practice of foreseeing events which are likely to happen and taking measures to reduce/negate their effect.

The sooner you accept that the debate stops.

Hi GB, now peaches has let the cat out of the bag I expect everyone will go to the Kings Head and not tell me πŸ™‚

47. Lucky you said that Rasp….. now the debate stops πŸ™‚

Oh dear Rasp, now you’ve gone and done it, you’ve pissed NB off and that’s not a wise thing to do – I think your luck may have just ran out!

Talk to me NB – nobody seems to want to…………

50. GN5………. I’m here mate, I’ll talk to you

Hi GN5, how are you this fine day πŸ™‚

52. I say put out the Arsenal Womens’ team tonight….. can’t do any worse than the 1st team… specially with a player called Nobbs πŸ™‚

Match preparation Raddy style …….

We’ll probably leave the FFB at 7. If you don’t make it there, I suggest 7.30 outside the entrance to 106.
    CW
    The intelligent brother is coming so you’ll be able to bore the pants off him get some feedback worthy of your tactical insights.

55. I’ve been thinking about a ‘mixed sex team’ with the emphasis on sex and so far I’ve come uo with these:

Manager: Gary Monk

In goal would have to be David Seaman

The rest of the team would include…. Rod Fanni, Samual Umtiti, Christian Fuchs, Jordon Nobbs, Fanny Chmeler and of course, the Big Coq……..

Can anyone else add someone?

πŸ˜† chas, I didn’t know you had an intelligent brother – or were you just quoting what the other two say? πŸ™‚

Nice line spacing on the league pos widget btw (this is technical speak only chas and I will understand πŸ™‚ )

Insights = bollix

That Stefan guy who scored against us? (peaches’ mum alert)

59. I forgot L’ars Bender…..

Stefan ? Rasp…. come on, don’t worry about Peaches mum…

… he scored against England for Germany – you must remember him!

61. GN5 bloody asks to talk to people and then fucking buggers off… typical Canadian ha ha

62. ha ha Rasp, Stefan is a good one…. so is Ralf Minge πŸ™‚

I knew you’d appreciate those NB πŸ™‚

This still cracks me up … and it’s even better because Bradley Walsh is a gooner ….

NB, I’ve been chatting with Kelsey on the phone – he always talks to me along with several others. I’m not being paranoid about it as I also ignore some bloggers – those who tend to be fixated on themselves and their own opinions.

I only blog on two sites, yours and here on AA. I’ve been blogging on AA since about 5 months after it’s inception and my main reason for staying the course is that both Rasp and Peaches have made it a very well run and welcoming site.

Rasp I believe that you are taking comments far too personally and I hope that you realise that we are all 100% behind and fully appreciate your efforts and recognise how much of your personal time that it takes to maintain the quality of the site.

Rasp you need to slow down and spread out the workload – certain things, like side bars, are nice to have but not an essential part of the site, if other folks think differently they should step up and share the work involved.

I, for one, am willing ready and available, at any time, to do anything that I can to assist.

Thanks GN5, much appreciated. I always go into meltdown mode before an important game so you can ignore most of what I’ve written today πŸ™‚

And thanks for the offer of help. your comments and posts already represent a significant contribution to AA.

67. GN5

ha ha you only go on my site for the Rack of the Day πŸ™‚

But your comments about AA are spot on….

68. Bloody cor blimey…. I’ve just had to put the heating on in my flat, winter is here in provence.

NB. e already have 6″ on snow and we’ve had the heating system on since mid October. We are the other London!!!

By the way your site has zero censorship and you make it click.

70. GN5… not sure about ‘zero’ censorship…. the Coquie man has put a few photos on that have needed serious consideration with regard to censorship ha ha…. they’re now in my private collection πŸ™‚

71. Le Coq Monster says:

Them photos of a Spud taking the Piss out of Arsenal supporters was the greatest piece of Arsenal satire ever !.

great post, thank you Raddy!!!
    but snood was FFBW’s invention, me thinks πŸ™‚ and Wenger’s coat are awful. Why such a smart man insists on wearing sleeping bags?

If olympiakos draw against BM then I will stop watching footy altogether – this could only happen if Germans didn’t turn up at the game at all.

Zagreb have nothing to play for (right?), which may help us. But if we cannot beat them this time round fair and square and convincingly, then I am with Rasp – no depth in the squad.

73. Will this get past Peaches Mum…. it is by the Vengerboys…

boom boom boom

Oh, I remember those NB – but Le Coq expects that 50% of his comments/pictures will be censored. Although Peaches mum would cringe if she saw any of them..

75. Le Coq Monster says:

Thanks Viking .

I have little excitement about tonight`s game as it was fcuked up in the first 2 games so will be out running with the Local Road Running Club…..which has an overwhelming amount more of woman runners than men !…..and in the dark !…..oops sorry missus !… I didn`t see that No Entry sign !.

76. I only found out about ‘Nut-scaping’ today… does anyone else know about it ha ha ha

77. That last one was taken by the Cockie Monster in a cove in Cornwall….. πŸ˜€

78. Probally not far from the Farmers Bulls

79. Farmers Bulls Pub…

80. Le Coq Monster says:

Hahaha………………….I cant wait until someone invents…….Beef Curtainscaping !.

81. Le Coq Monster says:

Found something less rude called Manscaping !……here`s one of Transplant getting ready to woe the women of Bounds Green !.

82. Le Coq Monster says:

Micky the cat lover !

83. Le Coq Monster says:

Redders the Patriot !.

84. Le Coq monster πŸ™‚ … love Micky the cat lover

I think another club uses this song, but the guitar rift is great and so is the song.

Something gone wrong here πŸ˜‰

87. Raddy… just for you on G’sore πŸ™‚

We need to put out an APB for arnie, I hope he’s okay!!

89. This is about Wenger… and the doubters, get your hankies out,,, I’ve had to wipe my specs three times already

Welbeck didn’t say that!! no way, it’s too offensive to Shit and Rent Boys

My hero – arise Sir Arsene.

NB. 6.08 Chick flick πŸ™‚

I went to see the Woman in Gold today about the painting by Gustav Klimt. Bit American but good nonetheless

Klimt was a cat man
    Just saying πŸ™‚

94. Didn’t get many good reviews Raddy. The better one is John Malkovitch playing Klimt…. can’t remember the nae of the film

95. Micky… he didn’t paint many pictures of Cats…. just nude women and gold leaf, he died from Syphilus… a good way to go for an artist, in fact, the only way to go. ha ha

Thanks for pm Erik
    As I said before, if The Greeks are winning at half time, then we start shipping goals to avoid Europa
    How many do we need to lose by to end below Zagreb?

ps I want the win, and an away trip to Zenit

NB
    I know about Klimt, and he was a cat man
    Just saying πŸ™‚

98. ha ha ha… the Film was called, ‘Klimt’

99. Actually, the best film to see about an artist is ‘the Windmill and the Cross’ about a Bruegel painting… visually stunning

NB
    Saw your comment about Tate St Ives
    You must go, great terrace overlooking the sea if weather is dramatic
    Be warned, the permanent exhibition stuff is poor, but who knows what might be there when you go

101. micky… you’ve already said that…. if you are trying to be a bit mystical and really mean Pussy… then you are right πŸ™‚

Yes, very nice film
    Right, grubs up, then back for team news

103. micky… if I do go there it will now probably be for Cockies free pie offer πŸ™‚

Arsenal make two changes from the side which lost to West Brom. Mathieu Flamini replaces the stricken Francis Coquelin, and Joel Campbell starts instead of Kieran Gibb

Surprised to see Campbell starting tonight.

So as many predicted our strongest side available + Campbell

107. I’m always surprised these days at how early the english eat their evening meal…. I’ll probably at half time

108. Well I guess the team selection shows that Wenger means business tonight, we’ll have to wait and see if the players feel the same.

Yeah but NB, we proper english protestants don’t sleep all afternoon πŸ™‚

Well, apart from me. Actually, me wife and me always used to eat at 8, then when the children got older we decided to all eat together. Its nice if you like your children, but also one session for the cook

Thanks for team news Crystals

Happy with the team given the frankly pathetic options πŸ™‚

Crystals
    Missed this gem “So as many predicted our strongest side available + Campbell”
    Could have included another +
    πŸ™‚

112. “It’s nice if you like your children”

What, giving them food πŸ™‚

113. All comfortable on the sofa?

Alexis SÑnchez has completed 29 dribbles this season in the Champions League; a competition-high.

No side has conceded more goals in the final 15 minutes in the CL this term than Dinamo Zagreg (3) whilst no team has scored more in that time than Arsenal (3).

Dinamo Zagreb have not won any of their last 11 away games in the Champions League (D2, L9), failing to find the net in eight of those games.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/live#QhHEjVt4YEbi4coF.99

I hope Alexis has some tissues tucked into his shorts. 29 dribbles indeed.

NB. When I came to Denmark I couldn’t believe how early they eat. Most dine at 18.00 and the restaurants last servings are at 21.00!!

COYRRG

Come on you Gunnnnnners

I’m sitting next to the intelligent Vines brother, fantastic view. COYG

119. Dynamo have some shorter players than us….. we have a chance ha ha

HTF did Santi Sky that?

Strange to see so many empty seats

A lot of empty chairs, and have you seen the bugger grips on Mesut?

Bayern 1 up πŸ™‚

They have come to rough us up.Sanchez lucky not to be seriously injured after 5 minutes.

Bayern 1-0 up

good start by Campbell

125. + Cambell has started quite well

That’s good – Santi looks sharp today.

Bayern 2 up.

128. Where is Arnie? He’s normally on the sofa…. has he gone to the game?

Bayern 3 up – no contest.

Ozil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

gooooooooaaaal

Really pleased for Ozil but disgusted by the turnout.

Beautiful.

Great build up, brilliant ball from Alexis , brave header.

Alexis 2 up

Great work by Monreal

Well we are in Europe one way or another πŸ™‚

Great work from Monreal. Easy finish for Alexis.

How did we lose to this mob?

138. There are a lot of empty seats……….

NB. One too many pastIs?

The turnout disgraceful, Kelsey?
    I think you are right, but you should not be so hard on yourself. πŸ™‚

141. That should have been a great goal…. more excellent work by Monreal

142. ha ha Raddy…..

So where do we stand in the group and how many do we have to beat the Greeks by?

Do keep up, NB,

Micky and Crystals have both mentioned the empty seat ages ago. Sheesh — too much absinthe – and if I have mis-spelt it – no problem the two fascist spelling checkers are not here tonight! πŸ˜€

What a first half from Ozil. Perhaps the best 45 minutes from an Arsenal player of the season.

The man is a magician

Well, all very good so far
    One more goal and maybe get Alexis and Mesut off
    Is Jeff R-A on the bench? Like to see him play

Some absolutely, blooming great football there tonite.

It adds to the frustration of losing to a crap team like that away from home. Oh well, I am enjoying this game none-the-less. πŸ™‚

He is, Micky, and I would like to see him on as well. πŸ™‚

I thought you were asking me, Micky, but you weren’t – so sod off. πŸ™‚

It is great to watch RA, agree
    Been impressed with Joel (see, first name terms now)

Zagreb are pants, of course Joel is playing well, it is his level.

151. fatgingergooner says:

Important we keep our GD better than Olympiacos now as it means we can win 3-2 over there and still qualify.

We are currently -2, Olympiacos -3

Giroud’s work on the first goal was fantastic, ran full pelt from near the half way line and drew their defence across to him leaving Ozil open to score a great (and brave) headed goal.

153. fatgingergooner says:

As it stands, any of these against Olympiacos in our favour will put us through:-

2-0 3-0 4-0 5-0 6-0
    3-1 4-1 5-1 6-1 7-1
    3-2 4-2 5-2 6-2 7-2
    4-3 5-3 6-3 7-3 8-3
    5-4 6-4 7-4 8-4 9-4

πŸ˜„

Oh alright Erik!!!
    So its ok for Mesut to shine against this shower, but not Joel πŸ™‚

FGG
    Not sure, but isn’t it to do with results between Arsenal and Olympiacos, hence us needing to win by 2
    Really not sure though

Oooo, I withdraw that comment. 9-4 I like πŸ™‚

Weird, we had 3 players warming up at half time, 2 passed the ball between them and Jeff was left to play with himself. I hope that isn’t a sign he is unpopular in the squad?

157. fatgingergooner says:

That’s right, but if we win 3-2 4-3 5-4 etc then our GD would be level with theirs on the head to head (they beat us 3-2) so it then goes to away goals scored in head to head and 4-3, 5-4 etc would mean we scored more than the 3 away goals they got our place.

If it’s 3-2 then we would be level on this too but it will eventually go to our overall GD (after lots of other factors which would all be level) and ours is currently better (as it stands) which is why it’s important we finish tonight with a better GD as it unlocks the 3-2 as a result we could qualify with.

And breath…..!

158. fatgingergooner says:

Cazorla has never scored a CL goal for Arsenal apparently! Surely that’s not right!

What about 10-7?

160. fatgingergooner says:

Bayern down to 10.

They really are a poor team so Giroud is playing at his level and so far, not a lot πŸ™‚

162. fatgingergooner says:

If it finishes 10-7 then we definitely need to buy a Coquelin replacement!

10-7 micky, that’s a bowls score πŸ™‚

Eh? Why risk Arron

165. That wasn’t a yellow for Monreal… he took the ball

|Cazorla hasn’t scored since Feb, 30 something games unfortunately

Crystals….behave
    Ollie has been fabulous
    It’s just that he’s at his most effective without the ball πŸ™‚

Why risk Ramsey? Makes no sense

Well Giroud looked totally pissed off, but Wenger got it right to take him off. Now take Sanchez off please.

wowwww

Great play by Campbell for the goal

See, who needs a centre forward πŸ˜‰

Lovely pass from Campbell – maybe I have been too harsh on the lad

174. That was a penalty…. who’s the ref, Dean?

oh good, Ozil needs to be taken off
    good to see Debbs back

No raddy you would have to judge him against better opposition and being consistent,though he is not selfish and tonight at least is always looking for the right pass.

Really like Sanchez thro the middle
    Like Suarez

|Settled then he’s our new centre forward, it was crystal clear months ago πŸ™‚

and what when Theo comes back?

Nacho and Hector were immense tonight. And my Santi of course. I don’t believe he did not score since last year, it is not true

Weds Dec 9
    Olympiacos away
    Cannot wait

181. fatgingergooner says:

Well that’s EL confirmed unless we can do the business in Greece. Going to be a nail biter. Definitely need to get Ramsey back on form for that game.

182. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Job done tonight now let’s see if we can do it in Greece.

Chambers…..not a midfielder in a million years. That’s noting to do with his ability on the ball or tackling, simply it’s his body shape, he doesn’t run like a midfielder or stand like a midfielder, and I really don’t believe it’s something you can coach.

More chance of making Ox a DM than you have Chambers, some players are better with the ball I front of them, Chambers is one such footballer.

Some of the best full backs I played with went there form the wing, they became different footballers. Put me outfield on a five a side pitch I can hold my own playing one twos in midfield put me outfield on an 11 a side pitch I could play centre back if I was pushed and that’s it.

We may have to use him there but I don’t think it’ll ever be a position he could make his own.

Now can we eulogise over Ozil and Alexis please. Could watch them play football all night, and whatever Alexis’s training regime is, everyone else needs to go on.

183. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Giroud looked knackered before he came off, how long til Theo’s back? or can we start Alexis up front with JC on right and Rambo on left?

184. Good game… played well, especially Ozil, Santi and the fall backs

’till dawn gentlemen
    It’s been a pleasure serving with you.

And Eddie

186. Jolly pleasant evening in the cold north London air, result never in doubt πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

Anyone fancy writing a post for tomorrow?

187. Red Arnie says:

Nice one as ever, in fact, better still a brilliant one. πŸ™‚

Fleeting visit, once again. 😦 It was a MWG, at least for me, and we won handsomely. Ozil, Alexis and Giro back to full form, Joel Campbell finally starting to show his worth, Rambo returning to the centre. What’s not to like? Bring on Olympiacos. πŸ™‚

Good news is, Giro is due a couple of goals. COYG. πŸ™‚

A very convincing win. The good Arsenal turned up tonight and they were good, very good.

Couple of observations: did anyone notice how Ozil was organising certain players, that’s to say, going up and telling them where they should be, all this is a very captain like way. I had never noticed this side of him before. Ozil as captain hmmmmm…….

Wow, how easily did Sanchez slip into the number 9 role? Welbeck on the left and Ramsey on the right — who needs Walcott and Giroud?

GIE, you are probably going to be proved right but a bit early to make that Chambers call, he was very nervous when he came on, gonna take a couple more games in that position to see what we really have there.

Match report, I am off to bed, night, night.

189. I’m still about….. believe it or not but I’ve only just eaten. A light salad of Roquette, boiled egg and blue cheese. Spoke with my brother straight after the game, full of praise the pair of us… makes a change but also spoke about the England France game and the fans singing La Marseillaise and he reminded me of this… he’s a big rugby fan and had all the LP’s of the Rugby songs… so here goes:

and it’s good night from me

190. Good game, great goals and the right result.

No reason why we can’t do the business in Greece, we just need the right attitude.

I was surprised to see Ramsey come on, but I suppose it was to give him a try out in a proper match, there’s time to see if he has any adverse reactions before next Sunday.

It will be a while before Chambers is ready to start as the defensive mid-fielder, I think Gabriel would be the better option.

Was the attendance really 58,978? There looked to be an awful lot of empty seats.

This is mot me or I wouldn’t be talking football

LB

I mentioned Sanchez:Suarez thro the middle during the game. I’m sure it was you back in the day of Suarez at ‘Pool that you and I talked of such a little ‘un at Arsenal

Arnie
    Good to hear from you. Hope all well.

Offski. Back later.

193. ‘M’ for Mfatic and for Mezut…… he controlled the whole game last night, and ‘M’ for Maestro

I simply loved the way that Mesut played – but then I always love watching a genuinely world class player like him. Superb.

Sanchez is another I would always want in the team too, fizzing around and just making it look only a matter of time before he scored.

You could build a top, top, top class team around those two and Kozzer. πŸ˜€

Morning Micky

I certainly remember talking about Sanchez playing at number 9. I am surprised it has taken so long, although I do remember when Wenger first tried it and our Whirling Dervish was all over the pitch trying to get involved in everything, last night he was more disciplined. Exciting times ahead.

Are we going to get a man at the match report from you, LB?:-)

The crowd last night sounded really up for it and it is always good to hear roars rather than the silence if apparent apathy.

Morning all.
    All seats sold yet 12000 were empty, where are these so called supporters.

Job well done and the Ozil/Sanchez combo is awesome. Giroud couldn’t even make his presence felt against pretty average opposition.

Job done but Wenger does really make strange post match interviews.If you are 1-0 up you might lose or you could go on and score 2 and win.

I am not so confident as others and before others say well we did it in Munich and elsewhere but this game has much much more depending on it.

Arnie, f you think Giroud played well, make an appointment at specsavers this morning πŸ˜‰

If chas is around have you got a clip of the chip by Sanchez to Ozil who back headed the chip beating the keeper and just going wide. Fantastic improvisation by both men.

Bit early for me to talk about football.

Steve. Did the pike bite?

Giroud made a few good runs taking defenders with him. His role was to date space for the masters and he did

Funny how everyone is drooling over Ozil, yep he was brilliant, probably his best game for us, but I sort of expect it from him ☺

Have you guys noticed how others perform in response to Ozil’s performance? When he plays well, ok brill the whole team clicks. On his off days we are all pants, how come?

Wrong clip,chas πŸ™‚

Apologies, it’s the one before. I am world famous now,chas, being asked for numerous radio stations about where we actually go from here πŸ˜‰

8.58 wasn’t

Kels – i think I know which action you mean – just outside the goal, goal on the left, Ozil – sanchez combo coming from the top, I’ll search

Chas
    Crystals Wenger ROLFING so much πŸ™‚
    Shit I have important work to get through, so great to have a laugh

Only marginally funnier than Eddie’s “Giroud made a few good runs taking defenders with him”. Utterly useless with the ball anywhere near him. Sorry Arnie 😦

Eddie

It’s OK, chas has already done it, I just missed it first time at 8.58am

Yeah, that’s the one, beautiful ☺
    Poor Giroud, not only he’s been demoted, his mist loyal admirer Didit fails to defend him

Great pre-match drink yesterday, ta.

Bugger, there goes 10 minutes watching the Sanchez Mesut clip
    Worth it though

I missed that Sanchez head control, amazing
    My online footy stream is so bad, I am not going to renew, I missed half the game refreshing. anybody has better streams?

9.44 number 1

The last time I sighed with such admiration at ball control as innovative as that the Great Dutchman was on the pitch.

9.44 number 2

Is more of the second rung, a Thierry Henry kind of thing.

Eddie. Are you using hd-tv? I am very happy with the streams, sometimes they are exceptional quality and very rarely cause problems.

Are you sure it is not your download speed?

good on you Ollie! you tell them!
    chas – is it for any game? is it ligit?

Morning all,

Great PM from Raddy

Great PMD at the FFB with GB and the Vines

Great performance by The Arsenal

Great shame about the empty seats – I’m not sure how much of that was to do with the fear of a terrorist attack or whether it was just lethargy?

Great pity no-one has offered a few lines as a MR πŸ™‚

I have a post in drafts but it is not a match report. Today we should be celebrating a superb display last night.

Didn’t LB write one above?

Hi Raddy, it’s a good couple of observations by LB but not what you’d call a MR.

I won’t be around for the next couple of hours so I’ll leave to anyone who’s around to make a decision πŸ™‚

There is a …..