The Time Is Now : Season Preview

So today the 2015/16 Premier League season kicks off. The first game of the new season presents a tough one for Gooners to want anyone to win the fixture – Man U vs Spurs, I’ll be hoping for my normal which is 0-0, 22 man brawl, points deduction and suspensions, it would be funny to see ManUre lose on the opening day after spending £80m this summer, but wanting Spuds to start off with a win at OT, no thanks.

Enough talking about bile inducing teams, time to focus on us.

Looking through BBCs pundits forecast of the league placings most still put Chelsea as the team to beat, strangely quite a few think we are finishing second and four brave souls even put us down as winners, I say strangely because for the last four years we have been the pundits pick to drop out of the top 4, have the pundits finally woken up to the fact that Arsene has been steadily building a very good squad of players and are a lot better than many have given us credit for over the last couple of seasons.

Keymen:

Coquelin personally rediscovering his natural position was the turning point of last season, prepared to do a job that no one else in the squad can do, according to Arsene there was a time when Coquelin fancied himself as a bit more of a box to boxer, despite Arsene telling him to focus on being the best at what he could do well rather than being average in a more flamboyant role, the lad can do more than break up play, he is actually a good passer too long and short. But his aggression and will to get in the face of his opponents has been a real catalyst for others in the side. It also hasn’t done any harm that his selection and continued run in the side means no one at the club is guaranteed a place. No matter what the wages or assumed status within the team.

I also think the way Alexis approaches football will have been a wake up call to the squad, here is a player gifted with immense talents on the ball, but who is prepared to work his socks off when not in possession, it feels like he may have had a similar impact to that made by Bergkamp. I’m not saying before Alexis arrived that the team was full of drunks and partying types like Bergkamp found on his arrival, but Alexis shows that talent with ball at feet is only half of the equation, the other half is made up with how you play, with passion, with commitment but most of all intensity. Alexis showed up, every single game, that hust has to rub off on others, especially our younger players.

Squad

Last season as we all know was reasonably successful, a second FA Cup in as many years, and a fantastic run from February onwards apart from that Champions League game with good results against teams we have not always done brilliantly against in recent seasons.

At the end of last season the populist position was we were still a striker, a centre back and a goalkeeper short, we’ve added the goalkeeper and for some that’s enough to put us right in contention, Cech is undoubtedly good, is he really that good? Let’s hope so.

Perhaps we will still see another addition or two to the squad, but it is all ready quite full and would take some juggling, Arsene has already got his work cut out keeping the current squad happy.

Playing style/formation

After the Community Shield Maureen wanted to tell everyone that we left our principles in the dressing room and came to put ten men behind the ball, whilst I’m not really sure that’s true, do we need to sometimes play like that if we are going to win the title, or can we do it playing open attractive football every weekend? Some say that our trip to the Etihad last season was a sign that we are ready to change, whilst we may have sat deeper that day I still think we played the better football when we had the ball, and as soon as we got the ball we were making purposeful movements forward. We have played defensive against teams before, Barca would be one I could think of, but in those games when we got the ball we did nothing with it, so I don’t think parking the bus will be the answer, I think it’s collective defending and having players who can get the ball out of tight situations whilst still moving forward with adventure.

Other than those few games where we will have to worry more about our opponents in the main I expect us to continue with the possession football, and lots of little one twos, the key to this being successful is movement and speed.

4-5-1 or 4-3-3 have been our stock in trade formations for the last few seasons, I think this was altered slightly last season to more like 4-1-2-3, that formation has allowed us to be tighter at the back as full backs are not required to push on constantly, this left us a lot less exposed than in previous seasons.

I wonder whether that’s why Theo is being moved inside to compete with Ollie for the number 9 role, he is not the greatest when it comes to running the touch line with the ball with only an opponent or two for company 9 times out of ten he will end up overrunning the ball or crossing to nothing or stopping waiting for support and being relieved of possession compare that to Alexis, Ozil and even Ox we have better players to play those wide roles who do not require full backs to bomb up the pitch to help them out, they can trick their way past a couple of opponents and change the direction of play without losing momentum of attack.

Is this our year

Arsenes first squad post Emirates contained Cesc and friends and in 2008 we had a good chance of winning the league only for it all to fall apart in February, I think the current squad is at a very similar stage in terms of development and having grown together, the failure of that side to win a trophy plus increasing financial pressure eventually led to the break up of that squad before they had really achieved anything, this current squad whilst picking up a couple of FA Cups is at a similar stage, we need to really challenge this season, it’s ok if we come up short by a point or two, but we really have the squad to push Chelsea and City all the way. Let’s hope we can at least do that starting with West Ham.

Written by Gooner in Exile

100 Responses to The Time Is Now : Season Preview

Really good piece Exile. Thanks.

Nothing to disagree with, and you rightly mention the two big influences of last season in Coquelin and the infectious work ethic of Sanchez, to which the Ox alluded last year.

I thin Cech’s biggest influence will be in terms of organization as much as shot stopping.

Cannot wait to get under way.

Terrific post GIE and worthy of a much bigger audience than a summer saturday.

I particularly agree with “I think it’s collective defending and having players who can get the ball out of tight situations whilst still moving forward with adventure.”

Further to this I would add that Arteta’s return to fitness will allow us to play a slightly different format and give Le Coq some breathing space.

A team with the Cech, Bellerin, Koscielny, Ox, Ramsey, Ozil , Cazorla and Sanchez is formidable. My prediction is for a very good and exciting season.

3. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all, nice one Exile.
    It seems that Jack will miss the first couple of months, Hairline crack i feel will keep him out longer, Jack who had shown great form up till now has a history of leg and ankle plus foot problems, the glass man’s career i feel will be cut short.

Injuries was a big problem last season, come to think about it for several seasons, and many of the same players feature regularly. Young Gnarbry was out all season and i have to say i am not sure he has shown since the seasons ending. Mr Diaby has retired from the treatment room, so i estimate that the medical staff will be ready to act as soon as the season starts.

Alexis Sanchez is one you would like to share his DNA with as the battery man, goes on forever and shows at the moment Rubber legs, long may it continue.

I feel that we have been working on passing the ball around, nice quick one two’s where players can stay away from many tackles but of course frustration plays a part, and opposing teams lash out, or leave the foot in.

We of course can not ask referee’s for preferential treatment, but only to be aware that bad challenges need to be acted on quickly.
    Arsenal are on a high at present, maybe a little swagger, but i urge them to be on their guard, slick footwork and slight of hand can bring the meanness out of some, and we all want to see the sick bay clear.

“the team was full of drunks and partying types like Bergkamp found on his arrival” 🙂 🙂 Good old days, ey?

No, this team is definitely not full of drunks, playboys maybe, but not boozers.

Thank you GiE for this great piece. I would add two more points to the winning chances we have this season
    1 Barry Solan, the sports performance specialist who was behind Germany’s winning success at the WC 2 years ago
    2 We can outmanoeuvre a parked bus now in addition to what you mentioned in your post – we can park a bus if we want to too.

I am not going to have a go at Rasp (he is very sensitive) or micky (because of his wife), who were both unhappy when Wenger switched a couple of players for more defensive ones last week. I loved it! We were winning, the game was nearly over, let’s defend and grab the Shield.

5. oz gunner says:

Well written GIE

I definitely approve of the tactic changes. The team needs to be flexible. The game against City last season was a joy to watch. Going in with the “let the opposition worry about us” approach saw us smacked a few times, and something had to give.

If our pressing game continues and the players work hard I definitely think we are in with a shot. A world class keeper, solid backup in every defensive post, COQ, and ozil feeding balls to the speed demons alexis, theo, and ox…..excuse me while I pour a bucket of ice down my pants.

It’s going to be a good season for Arsenal fans!!!

Nice Post Exile. 🙂

You picked up on the inevitable nonsense from Maureen, and appeared to give it some credence, regarding Arsenal forsaking their attacking principles and instead defended by ‘parking the bus’ — whereas the truth is that the Chavs had only a couple of chances, one of which Hazard put into Row Z with, whereas if Santi, Theo and Giro had found their shooting boots late on we could have won by 4 or five.

Actually, I don’t think for one second that Maureen really believes Arsenal were defensive, it’s just his usual sly game of deflection to hide the fact that his team lost and in fact were well beaten, and they certainly were not the best team.

Hi Oz, 🙂

Long time no see — how’s it hanging?

I suspect you are a bit down with the result of the Ashes series – so I won’t mention it, other than to say the series up until today has been terrific, including the Aussie contribution. And that from a Yank! 🙂

Exile,

I was interested in your comment — “[Theo] is not the greatest when it comes to running the touch line with the ball with only an opponent or two for company, as 9 times out of ten he will end up overrunning the ball, or crossing to nothing, or stopping waiting for support and being relieved of possession” when pondering wht he has been moved inside.

That is a sentiment I totally agree with — however, I also think when he does play CF his best attribute (his pace) is mostly lost as he tends to receive the ball with his back to goal, or he spends a lot of time on his ass with arms stretched wide complaining to the Ref that a naughty big hooligan CB has leant on him, or he yet again mis-controls the ball and looses possession, or makes a scintillating run into the wrong area.

Yup – he is worth all of his £140K per week – I don’t think.

Norfolk won’t agree.of course, which is all the info needed to prove I am right! 😀

9. Tottenham in relegation zone thanks to Walker own goal.

10. An excellent post to get the season off with a bang Exile thank you.

I believe Theo will open the eyes of some of his detractors (you know who I’m talking about Redders) this season. I fully expect him to hit thirty goals and to make a huge contribution to a very successful season.

Victory Through Harmny.

NG – are you off your head mate? “I fully expect him to hit (Walcott) to score thirty goals “. He only scored 24 in the last 3 seasons in the EPL

Joel Campbell is still at the club and yet never mentioned as a contender for the first team. Why?

BTW the MU/Spurs game was deadly dull – €300m of “talent” and yet a total of two shots on target and an OG winner. Dreadful.

Well, while you were away skiving in Italia, Raddy, we were inundated for weeks with updates on the sale of Campbell to one Espaniola team or another, and more recently to an Italian team who have now withdrawn their interests because Arsenal are asking a couple of million pounds – but the Eyties think he is only worth a bag of crisps.

Could that be the reason why he has not been mentioned as an Arsenal first team contender? 🙂

Eddie,

Leave Norfolk alone – he is entitled to his dreams about Theo – however potty they are! 🙂

Actually, NG, half of what I referred to in re Theo was a quote taken from Exile’s Post which you said was ‘excellent’?

Anyway what has your Harmony hairspray got to do with the price of eggs? 🙂

NG ??,

My last comment on Theo – as he really is a boring topic – is to remind some of his worshippers (and you know who you are Norfolk – I hope) is to remind you that none other than the best CF we have ever had is on my side it seems.

–“Thierry Henry is not one of those people who think that Walcott is a CF suitable to lead Arsenal.

Arsenal’s all-time top scorer, who is now a pundit for Sky Sports, was asked whether or not Walcott could fill the massive boots he left in north London. His response was less than convincing. Well, to be literal, he didn’t even dignify the question with an answer.”

Who can argue with that – even if he did not say anything! 😀

17. 1) Eddie, Theo has not yet. Played a whole season without an injury. This season he will.

2) Redders, I can admire an excellent post without agreeing with it all.

3) Theo will not need to play as a central striker to score 30 goals.

4) Henry has sold his soul to Sky, he will say whatever he is paid to say.

NG – still think you are off your head 🙂

19. The Cockie Monster says:

Thanks GIE…………move to Cornwall and your name will make sense !….unlike Norfolk it`s another Country !.

Today :

Shit 1……think I may have got caught speeding !. 😦

Shit 2…..Went to pay for diesel and card said no funds in company account !. 😦

Then I got home and found out The Spuds lost ! 😀

Not sure if there is a moral to this story, but if there was, it would probably be……………………………………In life, even pile of shit can have a cherry on top !.

Thanks for a great pre-season opener GiE – really gets the juices flowing. Can’t wait for tomorrow.

Now, about Theo…

NG, you’ll be pleased to know (I hope) that I’m on your side with this one. I don’t expect him to play as a CF but I do expect him to be a regular starter and to score a lot of goals.

The season before last he was our top scorer and was in electric form until getting badly injured (although who can forget the joyous sight of him giving some sh*t to the Spud fans as he was stretchered off?).

I think he’s perfectly capable of beating fullbacks on the wing (and regularly does so) but all the best Theo moments in my memory are where he’s playing wide right and someone threads a lovely defence-splitting ball for him to bomb on to and score (and let’s remember, he’s one of the best finishers in the squad).

Now if only we had players with the ability to both see and execute those defence-splitting passes. You know, if we had people like Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey, Giroud, Sanchez, Oxlade-Chamberlain… Oh, wait a minute!

I don’t think he’ll get 30, but – barring injury – I would be surprised if he pitches in with less than 20.

And the good news for me and you NG is that I think we’ve won this argument because Redders said his previous comment subject was his last word on the matter. Hee hee.

A shame that Norwich and Sunderland both lost by two goals – it’s pushed the Spuds off the bottom.

But they’re still in the relegation zone 😀

Now for an upset at Chavford Bridge…

22. Rocky, you are a man after my own heart. 😀

Redders will have a sneaky comeback….he always does.

Rocky – you is off your head too 🙂

Right, if Theo scores 30+ goals in all competitions this season I will eat LB’s cashmere scarf

Swans are playing well, shame they wasted 2 great chances

24. They’ve taken one now, 1 – 1.

25. Eddie will you eat it as a main course with veg and gravy or as as a sweet with custard? 😀

RA. Thanks. Nothing in the Gazetta della Sport about young Joel.

Chavs looking vulnerable, shame they are so potent upfront

NG – Im sick of tonnes and tonnes of veggies, jam and honey! I overproduced this year 😦 I’d love a roast chicken or some fish

I may buy a burger at the Ems tomorrow. With onions and ketchup yum yum

Hi Rocky-Do-Dah, 🙂

A triumvirate of you and Norfolk pitted against moi! 🙂
    [Yup, I know – I cannot count] 😀

Despite my claim that I had said my last word on the subject I’m afraid I lied, and xyert bmmftt pwirted ztzyrw – bollix, I can only speak in Polish! 🙂

Eddie,

You must be the one with the ill-wind that is keeping everyone off the blog?

Leave the veggies alone. 🙂

This is good news for our young U19s.

–“Arsenal’s Under-19 side won the Durban international football tournament on Saturday, beating PSV Eindoven 2-1 in the final.

Yassin Fortune and Ben Sheaf scored the Gunners’ crucial goals against PSV, and both efforts were a little bit special.

The English midfielder scored Arsenal’s first goal versus the Dutch outfit, taking the ball round an opposition defender before firing into the top corner with an unstoppable finish.

Fortune, who arrived from RC Lens in the summer, dribbled around the PSV defence and scored in the last minute to ensure the north London side lifted the trophy.”

HEEEEEEYYYY 🙂 That made my day 🙂 Red card

and yellow for Terry 🙂 🙂

yes RA, me is evil

and a penalty well executed 🙂

Thank you for the read GIE it was an extremely well thought out post. I agree with those who believe that we are two players short – a main striker and another defensive mid fielder – if we could add a couple of special talents it would move us up to another level.

But we may have the squad to win the PL without them.

Does this count? 🙂

—“It was a long road back for Theo Walcott after suffering a serious knee injury against Spurs in 2014. The Arsenal forward spent a long time on the treatment table and only featured 21 times for the Gunners last season.

However, his last three competitive appearances in an Arsenal shirt will give Walcott the confidence that he has got his career back on track.

Those three appearances were of course against Chelsea on Sunday, Aston Villa in the FA Cup final and against West Brom in Arsenal’s final home game of last season. In those matches, Walcott played as the sole striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation where he netted on four occasions.

He didn’t score in the Community Shield on Sunday and by all accounts, he had a very quiet game at Wembley, but the hat-trick against the Baggies and the fine volley he netted against Villa in the FA Cup final were certainly timely reminders to boss Arsene Wenger that Walcott could be the main striker at the Emirates this season.

Some would think it’s about time too, as Walcott has been at Arsenal for a long time now – since the 2005/06 season – and in that time his best tally of goals was 14, notched in the 2012/13 season. However, injuries in the last two seasons has hindered Walcott, as he looked to build on those figures.

He has many of the attributes to do it as well; intelligent movement, speed, deadly finishing and a poacher’s instinct: on days like his hat-trick against West Brom, it is easy to see why Walcott sees himself as a central striker.

However, there will always be question marks surrounding Walcott and his ability to play as a main striker, as he is lacking in the hold up play of a Olivier Giroud, and doesn’t possess the physicality and strengths over a Diego Costa or Sergio Aguero.

And perhaps, against Chelsea, Wenger was testing whether Walcott could play in that role against the best possible opposition. Whether he really found the answer remains to be seen, but from the naked eye, without space Walcott looks half the player, and the question marks around his hold up play is there for all to see.

He isn’t suited to playing with his back to goal like Giroud is and he isn’t suited to linking the play like the Frenchman – so whether Walcott can really be considered as the main striker at Arsenal is still a contentious issue.

Wenger certainly thinks Walcott can fill that main striking role, saying: “He can do it (play up front) on a regular basis for us.

“When he got injured it was playing as a central striker against Tottenham. It took him a while to get back to his best form but I think in the future he will be a central striker.”

Maybe he will get back to his best form and play as a main striker. He has different strengths to Giroud as his searing pace stretches defences and allows space for Arsenal’s talented play makers to play, whilst we know Giroud prefers to link the play with his back to goal.

Both techniques work but you sense that in the bigger games, Giroud will be the preferred option with Walcott as a impact sub.

And I never said a word! 🙂

You is Evil? I thought your latest name was Eddie! 😀

Evil Ed

Good game, except Chav’s strikers look scary – Costa, Oscar, Willian, Falcao….and who is that Zumba, bloody gigantic

….and Hazard. Nothing Fabianski cannot deal with 🙂

39. Who says a central striker has to be able to play with his back to goal all the time? We are Arsenal , no Wimbledon, we play skilfull football not the long ball game.

40. Terry and Cahill berating the ref, what classless morons.

CHavs fluked a point – if Swansea had a decent finisher they would have won easily.

Shame JT didn’t get sent off for all his moaning and harassing of Oliver (which, let’s be honest, is understandable)

John Terry’s face is the icing on the cake 🙂 oh how much I love seeing chavs hurting

Don’t remember IW8 or TH14 being especially good with back to goal.

I have to swallow my reluctance to say anything good about Chelsea or their players, but I think that Hazard is a wonderful talent – pity he is always looking to fall over without much justification, but if the refs buy it I suppose in today’s ‘anything goes’ ethos he will see that as justification — and he is possibly right.

Pity!

RA. Hazard should have come to us, instead he chose the Dark Side and a bucketful of loot.

As you say, a wonderful talent but tainted

We haven’t played yet but we are already 9 places ahead of THFC 🙂

silly Raddy 🙂

Raddy,

I read somewhere (here?) that Arsene said we had come within an ace of signing Hazard.Still – there are other fish in the season?

It is a long time since I have felt so excited about the squad we have and the real chance of having a great season.

Oddly enough my real joy was watching young Reine Adelaide who has poise, skill, and maturity for one so young and fingers crossed he will feature off the bench during the new season.

Bring it on! 😀

Bonne soirée mes amis, supper is calling.

What a great day of sport – a fantastic Test match and my adopted team winning the Ashes – a fantastic win for the Argies over the Spring Boks at rugby — roll on tomorrow.

50. Red Arnie says:

Just returned from a game of cricket to find two surprises: a fantastic post from GiE, and a strange story from Micky. 🙂

51. Red Arnie says:

Talking of cricket, here is the first time an international cricket innings fits entirely within a tweet. 🙂 apols, Oz. 😛

52. Red Arnie says:

OK. back in a bit, after supper and after going through the comments. 🙂

53. Red Arnie says:

well, what a fantastic post, GiE. 🙂 The pity is that this was posted today, and tomorrow is match day, so this will not get the attention it deserves.

not much to disagree, but let me see whether I can pick up a fight or two with Micky, or Redders, or ….. 😛

Nice GIE. Of course we will win the league. The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

You can have a ruck with me if you like Arnie. Though you got no chance. Probably throw a cricket ball at me and then with your liberal beliefs apologise for bowling a beamer and insist ime entitled to sickness benefit.

Mind you, for an intellectual academic your quite a big bloke with a violent looking face. Nothing Bamber Gascoinge about you.

For that reason i will pretend to be your friend and ask you a starter for ten on who espoused the economic theory of over population?

Correct Arnie, Thomas Malthus

For five bonus points releated to Malthus

a) Is Frank Stapleton a Judas or just a excessive masturbater?
    b) When Alan Hudson made his Arsenal debut, was he pissed or did the 3.30 at new market let him down?
    c) Is Clive Allens obesity down to genetics, to much pies, or because he lives in Enfield?

57. Red Arnie says:

Terry. 🙂 “Probably throw a cricket ball at me and then with your liberal beliefs apologise for bowling a beamer and insist ime entitled to sickness benefit.”

Yes, you are probably write. You are my best chance. Cannot even disagree much with Norfolkian and Redders and Rockstar.

About Ev(il)onne. Now thats different. There is some chance of picking up a fight there. 🙂

58. Red Arnie says:

Terry. 🙂 Seriously now. You well? Procedure went OK?

59. Red Arnie says:

Now, about Theo. I prefer Theo on the right. Where this leaves the Ox and co, I dont know. But not worried too much. Let him stay fit most of the season first.

The blue moon was seen recently. Miracles do happen. The Ghosts of the Thirties may return. We leave in hope! 🙂

60. Red Arnie says:

Seriously, I do not believe we are two players short. But upgrades are always welcome. Show me an upgrade on Ollie and/or Coq and I will be excited.

But not with the names of the numpties that are floating around.

Very sureal experience Arnie. Its not every day you have a lump removed from your member

Because it was local i was awake. The Doc gave me a running commentery. He pissed me off a few times, mentioning to the nurses it was a small area to work in so he had to be careful, and then saying I needed six stitches on the cock so because of size most of them would be up my stomach.

The one good thing was that my fears of getting aroused during the procedure were offset when the nurse turned out to look like Steve Perryman.

Nurse Steve was great, talking and reasuring me during the op “Dont worry Terry, the scar will give carachter and distract from the size”

I was really thankful to her. “Your great nurse Steve, no chance getting aroused with you about. Bet your great at making sideways passes and getting roasted by Charlie George too”

She seemed to get upset at that and stopped talking. Probably bad memories of Charlie?”

Anyway Arne, ime at home recuperating. The only hiccup so far was when i watched an episode of the good life. Felicty Kendal bent over to pick up a cucumber, and so I popped a Stitch.

Evening all, thanks for comments, sorry to reignite the Theo debate, as for the back to goal question about Wrighty and Henry, simply put neither needed to, but the game had changed.

Good results today 😀

63. Ahh! Felicity Kendal! I almost bumped into her in the Norwich branch of Marks and Spencer, but she avoided me with a body swerve that Alexis would be proud of.

64. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha. Terry. 🙂 wish you (and your member) quick recovery. 🙂

65. Red Arnie says:

GiE. Thank you for reigniting the debate. Enjoyed it. 🙂

66. oz gunner says:

Less than 24 hours…blow the whistle already I want to watch!!!!!!

@ RA

what’s this ashes you speak of? never heard of it. I thought cricket finished when gilchrist, warne, and Mcgrath hung up their baggy green.

All is well my american friend. How have you been?

@ Red Arnie

apology not accepted!

67. Red Arnie says:

Oz. 🙂 Shtum …. 🙂

Stayed up for MOTD, saw the Leicester game, fell asleep before Courtois red, will watch now for morning grins. 🙂

Well that was fun

I watched MOTD last night thinking the chavs had beaten Swansea 2-1. 🙂

Thanks for the post, GIE.
    An excellent assessment of the current situation. There seems to be a heightened sense of expectation amongst the online Gooners.
    Even the press pundits, as you say, are tipping us to do very well.
    I think this is partly down to us being the best team in the League in the second half of last season and to the realisation that Chelsea are a bit one-dimensional whereas The Arsenal are shining like a multi-faceted diamond of iridescent brilliance.

But let’s keep our feet on the ground. 😆

I’m quite looking forward to watching the boys today (and seeing JC’s birthday cards 🙂 )

Chubby

Giroud is such a complete striker he even knocks them in off his shoulder.

chas. Great start to the day. JC’s birthday was during my hols, did he get many cards?

Morning, BR.
    We reckon he got about a dozen but his own estimate is in the region of 30! I’ll find for sure out later.
    He definitely got one from Copenhagen, ta. 🙂

Fairly brief morning all from me

Morning All

Ey oop, Micky.
    I thought a ‘fluffer’ was a young lady employed to keep porn stars ready for action on a film set?

So, hopefully, you meant that we keep the morning session on AA partly engorged at least?

Looks like our own lethal left-footed striker with the finish.

Good time at PunkFest I hope?

I’m off in 30 minutes and pay pop some noise cancelling headphones on! The fact that my children have heard of so many of todays line up cannot be considered good news in my book

Very excellent indeed.
    Ruts DC, Gang of Four and Dirtbox Disco being the highlights.
    Amazingly managed the whole 14 hours from 12 midday until 2 in the morning!

Chas

I have until 3pm this afternoon when our season kicks off to be nasty about Mr Bloody Long Ball Can’t Dribble for Toffee Girooo, and I intend to use it wisely 🙂

Then I’ll get behind the big poof

Micky
    It’s 1.30pm kick off. 🙂

At least you get the right day for a change!

* got

14 hours. Lordy!! I wouldn’t have lasted 15 mins… though I do have a sneaky liking for the Ruts

Trust Didit to get the KO wrong. Too much country air and not enough stimulants.

The day was kicked off by the Manc Lads at 12.30. 🙂

Have a great day all who are going
    Up the armchair fans
    I’ll try to find a quiet corner of a field in Cornwall at 1:30 ( 🙂 ) and tune in
    Come on Ollie, we love you, now power us to victory you big gorgeous fellow 🙂

NG asked for an early post and here it is ….

New Post