Jabba Says Arsene Wasted His Best Years – Do You Agree?

The ever-charming Alisher Usmanov has been speaking again.

In between appearing at Comicon as the world’s best Jabba the Hutt impersonator, Usmanov is also a major shareholder at Arsenal – albeit one who has been squeezed out of day-to-day involvement in the club.

His pronouncements are infrequent but usually serve to advance his agenda: namely to suggest that he would be a better majority owner of the club than Mr Kroenke.

This week he is reported as saying: “Arsene Wenger had a very, very difficult position when the club shareholders did not want to put their money to construct the new stadium. Because of this he lost five years – maybe the best of his career – without a trophy. In reality ten years.”

My first reaction was anger: from a certain perspective, those years of austerity can be viewed not as lost years, but as Arsene’s BEST years.

Sure, there were no trophies, but during those years he arguably performed his greatest miracles: he kept us in the Champions League positions year after year while spending less than net zero and while watching his best players waltz out of the door at the end of every season.

When people compare Wenger and Mourinho I always look at it this way: could Arsene have won Premiership titles with the squad that was bought for Jose – at eye-watering expense – at Chelsea from 2004 onwards? The answer is self-evidently “yes.”

Now flip it on its head: could Jose Mourinho have kept a team in the top four of the Premier League for eight years with the resources that Arsene had to work with in the period after we moved to The Emirates? The answer is again self-evident and this time it is “no.” In fact, “no, no and thrice no. Not a cat in hell’s chance.”

Hence my reaction to Jabba’s words. They are an insult to a great manager – and to our club and to all the people who kept supporting Arsenal during those leaner years in the hope of eventually seeing a brighter tomorrow.

But, on reflection, I realised that Jabba is also implying that, had he been the boss man, he would have dipped into his own pocket to build the stadium and would have kept the cash flowing for buying new superstars and retaining our existing ones.

Would that have been such a bad thing?

We could have avoided all those years of watching other teams lord it over us, of fans turning against fans, of vitriol poured over our greatest ever manager.

It does make you think…

Somehow it feels right – it feels like the Arsenal way.

And how much more satisfying are the trophies when we have all been through a barren and frustrating period?

But that’s just me. What do you think?

RockyLives

142 Responses to Jabba Says Arsene Wasted His Best Years – Do You Agree?

1. Nicholas says:

I respectfully disagree.

I feel that Usmanov is just struggling with English as it’s not his native language. What I *think* he meant was something along the lines of…

“Arsene is reaching the end of his career. Imagine how many more trophies he would have won had the new stadium been bought and completed before he actually arrived?”

However, yes, of course it is an achievement, a phenomenal one to us Arsenal fans, that he has kept us in the top 4 for so long and despite the challenge of the oilers and free-spending Liverpool and Man U.

But non-Arsenal fans would likely not bother to consider the real constraints he has been operating under. For them, success = trophies and therefore Ferguson and Mourinho are top of the pile.

RL. Thank you and great to see you “back in the saddle”.

Nicholas. Fine comment and one I agree with. IMO having a sugar-daddy and more trophies (under AW) would have been preferable to the sad sight of losing our best players year on year just to fund the new stadium.

3. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all, Nice to see you back Rocky and blinding post mate.
    I am in mixed mind at your suggestions, you could of course be right who’s to say, but i feel that Jabba could quite easily have donated monies, for no better reason than the success it would bring.

Success in itself brings in revenue, who wouldn’t take a donation without strings, Supporters would have warmed to Jabba and ultimately eased him in the door.

I feel there is no love lost between the two owners, Stan would try and hold the door shut but supporters would have gotten behind Jabba and made it very difficult for our man Stan.

Jabba himself is power mad, he wants to be in there doing an Abramovitch, Stan is happy to keep him at bay, but should he had donated a small part of his wealth, he would have gained it back threefold in my opinion.

Then again i could be wrong.

4. VCC says:

Wow, Rocky is back with a bang. A Rockilicious post Sir.

There is no doubt Arsene Wenger is the only modern manager to have the necessary skills to perform miracles and keep his team in the European cup continuous, perhaps with only one exception……maybe Sir Alex?

Fingers crossed Wenger, and Arsenal, are about to embark on a fruitious journey.

COYG

5. porter says:

Had he been able to finance the club through the rights issue that the board rejected it would not have made us a sugar daddy club , merely one that had a means of paying for a new stadium without impacting on the self generated finance for players. Had he dipped into his pocket for Messi or the like then “sugar daddy ” would have applied. However for their own risk free reasons the board declined his offer.Water under bridge. The opprobrium connected to the lack of trophies throughout that period has been placed by many on Wenger’s back .The board got off light

6. The argument is to some extent pointless now… we don’t need his money, everything has worked out fine. We are winning silverware, the team is in good shape and the stadium is the best in London.

Super post Rocky and great to see your name on AA again.

I think if you look at the timing of Usmanov’s pronouncements, you can see that they are usually a PR exercise – trying to ingratiate himself to supporters and the media, or score points against Kroenke..

Fair enough, I’d be a bit miffed if I owned 30% of a business and yet was denied any input into the running of that business. My feeling is that Usmanov’s ego is the problem and if he had total control of the club, we’d just become his play thing and that is something I never want to see.

8. Wilshere out for two months then… he doesn’t have much luck. But his ankles do seem to be an ongoing problem.

9. Oh boy! What a start? Aussies 3 wickets down for 10 runs in 2nd over.

10. Make that 4! In 3rd over.

Great post, great comments.

Although, Uzmanov’s comments are clearly self serving I do feel a twinge of sadness when I think of the one part that is accurate namely that AW did lose some of his best years; that’s to say, for such a talented man he could have and should have been winning trophies.

I agree that he preformed miracles by keeping us in the top four throughout that period which deserves even further respect when we consider the amount of interest he got from Real Madrid, a club at which he would have almost certainly has won the CL.

I like to think that the board are aware of this and are in the process of making amends; that’s to say, that they are making money available to him as and when he wants needs it. Ozil, Sanchez, Benzema is coming……..

It would be one of the biggest injustices in football history if AW doesn’t get to win the CL.

Good points LB. To be fair, we all prefixed any discussion of the ‘stadium years’ with the caveat that Arsene was taking one for the team. It was not helped by the odd comment from Board members saying that there was money there if AW wanted it …. yeah right!

It would be nice if the club came clean now and found a way of saying “thank you Arsene, for the good of the club, you took a load of flack you didn’t deserve”. I did get the impression he was hung out to dry at times.

Cheers Rocky

Whats Usmanov on about? Its the other way round. Arsene has left his spirit in the bricks and morta. The man has solidified his legendry status by leaving a legacy comparable to Herbert Chapman.

Usmanov is a typical johnie come lately who dont understand the real meaning of English football and the feeling of the life long Arsenal fans.

Love for your club means you want the best for it. It means realising that now and again there is a period were you have to consilidate and build and work for trophies in the future. Arsene has that love, hes proved it. Has Usmanov? I dont think so.

He probably posts on Le Grove with all the other wankers. During the lean years demanding death on Wenger and the Board for not bringing in trophies and now the worm is turning these people are strangely quiet.

Personaly I have loved the club since I was six years old, and will continue to do so. Its then only right that when I see a man like Arsene dedicate his footballing life to the club I love, nurturing, growing, and caring for it, then my reaction is simple. Arsene Wengers greatest years have been the recent ones.

14. RC78 says:

While he steered the club through a difficult financial situation, which coincided with our trophyless period, he maintained the club in the CL – whic was vital for our finances and pedigree…So maybe he could have gained more trophies with another club (he was approached by Real Madrid, Barcelona, both Milans team, PSG…) but he dedicated his career to our club knowing that we would struggle to compete with the over wealthy clubs and this somehow is a testimony to his characted and love to our club…Maybe he grew more during this period and it was more rewarding to him than being in a club where money flows for fun…We will never know until we ask him so…let us wait for his biography 🙂

Now the bad news is that Wilshere will most likely miss 2 months

15. 29 for 6 in the sixth over.

Broads been incredible Norfolk. Simply unplayable.

I used to bowl like that. I was so fast I once hit a kid with a bouncer and burst his BCG

Loved it! 🙂

A gentle opener for the great man to return to his natural habitat and with a Post that is guaranteed to split opinions down the middle.

Thanx, Rocket.

I have never come across ‘Comicon’ so perhaps it is an Eastern European joke fest, altho’ comedy and jokes seem an oxymoron, but your reference to Jabba the Hut seems to fit.

Now the defunct Comecon is a whole different kettle of fish, as it is a place where the Soviet Union used to carve up the rest of the USSR and project to the rest of the world how wonderfully prosperous they all were. Wait……..oh, yes, you were right Rocky tomato – comedy and joke was right after all. 😀

19. Great to have you back and posting Rocky.

I’m not sure about Usmanov, yes his money could have made a difference if the board had gone along with his idea of a rights issue.
    Maybe Silent Stan was either unwilling or unable to buy enough shares to retain overall control.

Whatever, we,’ve got a well run club which is financially secure.

33 for 7.

20. Terry, our bowlers have got plan and are sticking to it. Not trying to bounce the Aussie s out with short pitched bowling.

Rockem-in-the-Aisle,

It is difficult to empathise or feel anything for multi-billionaires other than jealousy, but there is a part of me that can dissociate the money aspect from the notion of simple fair play.

He is a business man first and foremost, just like Kroenke, but unlike Kroenke he does show up for many Arsenal home games and to that extent he must be more of a fan.

Kroenke has used every legal means possible to keep Usmanov away from the club and having any influence over it, even if that has been to suit his personal requirements and has had little to do with the needs of the club.

I have long ago moved away from being judgemental on any of these financially powerful men – they dance to a tune incomprehensible to the majority of us – so I am only focussed on what appeals to me as a fan based on what I believe is right for the club.

It is extraordinary to think that these two men cannot set aside their personal differences and work together for the benefit of the club.

Indirectly the stadium was an administrative ‘non-football’ matter that impacted adversely on the footballing achievements of the Arsenal for far too long, and if Kroenke and Usmanov had behaved like common or garden business dudes and left Arsene to concentrate on the football we would have won far more than Ferguson or the morose midget Maureen.

In summary; I do not give a toss whether the two major shareholders are ‘good’ or ‘bad’ people – who am I to judge – and let’s face it the world is made up of all sorts – I support Arsenal – not them – and I want Arsenal to play beautiful football under AW, which they already do, and also to frequently win major competitions, which at the moment they do not.

COYG

22. Aussies all out for 60.

Broad takes eight, yes eight wickets!

Amazing morning’s cricket!

True Norfolk, but this Aussie batting line up is shit

They cant handle a bit of movement, and all look like one day players. If I was Geoff Boycott, which ime not, I would self combust.

What happened to leaving it or playing straight?

Cant wait to see how our batsmen play it.

This is great. The one advantage, and I mean the only advantage, of having sticthes on your penis is you can relax at home and watch the cricket

There really is nothing else to do

Rocky – at long last 🙂

I am surprised you were angry at usmanov’s comments, I wasn’t. I thought he was genuine in saying that he felt for Arsene not achieving as much as he could. I was actually pleased to see that despite his background he can see and appreciate the genius of Wenger.

As for the sugar daddy wanted not wanted question – it depends on the man. City are not different to Chelsea, but they are nowhere near the top 4 hate list and that is due to the Sheiks diplomacy, charitable work in Mancunia and the ‘nice guy’ factor shared by all recent City managers.

If we were to have a Dad like Masour, than I wouldn’t mind. We could buy whoever we wanted and win the CL, not just for Wenger but for all the ‘where’s your European cup’ twats. As for buying trophies rather than winning them fair and square – forget it. Money buys you trophies these days and without top players costing top dollar no club has a real chance.

Not for me eddie

The weres your champion league twats mean nothing to me.

For my kids I want them to make there own way. I dont want some brat whos fed with a sliver spoon.

The argument that this does not equate to football is not true. For every action there is a reaction. Supporters tend to become a mirror image of the club they support, accepting the ethos and finally relishing in it.

No, not for me. I am already tested with the over comercialistion and instant hunger for trophies. If we go down the Chelsea or City route, I will drop out.

Any Australian’s about?

Shame……

Be back later to discuss Usmanov

Usmanov – tit
    Arsene – legend

That’s about all that we need to know. Usmanov heaped his fair share of stick on Arsene as well as the directors, it would be interesting to have a look back at some of his quotes going back in time.

He always hoped to get the vast majority of the clubs support on his side, and whilst those who support from faraway can have a voice they cannot really cause as much aggravation as those who attend games.

And for all the noise created by the BSM in terms of numbers there just wasn’t the volume as a percentage of the total gate to cause even a ripple in the Dismond Suite.

So all Usmanov has managed to do over the last few years is create unnecessary noise.

Great to have you back with a bang Rocky

Superb read. Thanks.

Unsurprisingly, I’m in agreement with the majority, and many have eloquently penned my thoughts and sentiments. I agree with LB that it would be a travesty were Arsene not to round of his career with an Arsenal CL winners gong, and I would deserve it 🙂

I completely agree with your conclusion that it will be very satisfying when our club gets back to the very top having done things The Arsenal Way

Rocky,

Arsenal has class oozing out of it’s seams. I’m not sure we can make that same claim on a historical basis as we have had our fair share of dodgy characters who have been involved in some very iffy deals. But currently we are far and away the classiest club in the UK and that class starts with our owner and manager and then runs throughout the organization.

Usmanov has a checkered past and the origin of his wealth is open to a lot of speculation, but he appears to have genuine love for the club. Personally I like the stance that the club have taken with him – 30% ownership (while enormous) does not give him the right to be involved in club policies. We have a BOD in place to guide the club and he has not been granted a place on the Board.

Thank you for the post.

GN5 was right about the silence on Jack, thankfully we are not thin at the moment and with Arteta available we have at least one more body than we did last season for the most part.

Actually thinking on, I wonder if Arteta could rediscover his more natural role further up the pitch with Coq now playing the anchor role?

Cheers, Rocky.
    Flippin excellent to read your velvety prose once more. 🙂

It matters not one iota what I think about Arsene and his trophy wilderness years. It certainly does not matter what Usmanov thinks either.

If you asked the man himself where he would like to have spent the last ten years, I’m absolutely convinced he’d say, ‘exactly where I did spend them’.
    I’m also sure he loves the Club with all his heart and knows he still has the prettiest wife at home.

I really hope that Jack has not caught dreaded Diabyabetes.

Sanchez not holding back getting back into shape at training today.

Well Chas one thing’s for sure i was in that picture, under the clock about half way up the embankment.

Very interesting thought, Arteta playing slightly further foward again…………

quick crossword in the Guardian today:

15 down – 2014 and 2015 FA Cup winners (7)

I am crap at crosswords, but this one I knew 🙂 🙂

Cryptic crossword in today’s Independent ………

21 across – Troglodytes in umbra perpetuum (9,7)

On Arteta…………………
    hasn’t got the legs for box-to-box
    too many other candidates for directly behind the front three
    ???????

Thanks for the comments all and sorry for the late arrival.

As Redders says, tycoons dance to a different tune, but I feel if we win the title of the CL under Wenger now it will be much, much sweeter for the years of struggle.

But Chas……I was more thinking if Santi was out Jack would be in, or if Ozil out Jack in. Could it as easily be Arteta while Jack is fusing his ankle back together?

That said I’m still not sure what our starting XI is….Ox has clearly been raring to go, so is looking good for Right wing, Sanchez is assumed left wing, with Theo or Olly up top depending on opposition.

Then we have Coq at the DM, Bellerin, BFG, Kozzer and Monreal seems to pick itself.

So two more spots, box to box and no 10, only Ozil is a true no 10 and only a no 10, which leaves Santi, Rambo, Jack, TR7 battling it out for the last spot.

And there’s still almost of names not mentioned.

With Monreal seemingly usurping Gibbs at left back I wonder whether Gibbs would be a good stand in for Coq on the occasions where he needs a rest and we need pace and energy. He did after all start in midfield before dropping back to left back. He is pretty comfortable on the ball and is a good tackler.

Basically we have options 😀

Almost of names is obviously a list of names.

44. If as reported Jack’s injury is hair line fracture of the tibia, it could well be December or even the new year before he’s fully fit.

And on that worrying note, I wish you all a very good night.

Ya Gunners Ya.
    Options is gud. 🙂

Still think Mesut, Rambo, Santi, ‘Sicky ahead of Mikel for no. 10.

47. omgarsenal says:

Who says Alistair would have spent a penny of his own money to build a stadium? My guess is that he would have done exactly what Kroenke did…..arms length investments but with a %cut from the profits!

48. JM says:

Until Wilshere returns fully match fit,

Ozil, Cazorla & Rosicky plays the role of trequartista(No.10)

Coquelin, Ramsey, Cazorla(again), Arteta & Flamini share duties in engine room (regista/deep-lying playmaker & holding midfielder)

Alexis, The Ox, Welbeck, Walcott & Giroud provide options for our attacking trio upfront (raumdeuters & main forward).

There is a piece of article written on Arteta here:

Arteta is closest probably to us having a Pirlo-type player. (while Cazorla is somewhat of Iniesta+Xavi combi-player)

spot what’s wrong with the photo above

shit the bed?

English bulldogs!! I love them!! I am going to replace the almost dead German Sheppard with either Englander or a Frenchie

and the Mongolian girl, gorgeous 🙂

you are in my good books, so I am going to ignore bed shitting comment. I am up so early because I have to drive a brickie to my to-be-new house. The man charges £200 a day and needs a lift twice a day!! I am not a happy bunny

alpaca taking selfies in macho picchu, big deal

shit the bed? is an old-fashioned Anglo-Saxon greeting you would only use with a friend.

54. Red Arnie says:

oh, what a great pleasure, a rare geme, a Media Mogul post, and a brilliant one at that. 🙂

Times are hard. Cannot stay. But here is where I stand. “On balance I’ll stick with my original instincts: I’m glad we didn’t become another sugar daddy club; I’m glad we are an institution that “pays its way” honestly and doesn’t engage in financial doping.”

I would go even further. I would not like us to be a suger daddy club. Ever. Even if it means no trophies.

But I look forward to us playing a good game. 🙂

The little girl caption said ‘Eskimo’ but I think you might be right.

56. Red Arnie says:

Motning all. Enjoyed the “pea” batner yesterday.

And the “Le Haggis” cabaret/music/acrobatics show last night. In case you heve not been following, The Edinbugh International Festival and Fringe are on. 🙂

with friends like that….

in the words of DidIt – arnie, you is a bloody leftie

58. Red Arnie says:

GoonerB. I am flattered. But Bollywood, music or fights, are not quite my forte. But here is a secret. You may or may not have noticed that I was in Rotterdam some time back. That was to give an audition at Rotterdam Conservatory (CodArts).

Well, I was judged not well enough trained to join. But I have been allowed to start training with their folks. Maybe, someday, I will be able to demonstrate my forte. I can assure you it will be scary. 🙂

I reckon Terence ought to take this chap to the Bounds Green Syrup Emporium.

60. Red Arnie says:

Evonne. 🙂

Any video, Arnie?

definitely Mongolian. I am not a scientist (biologist), but I think I can tell Mongolian features, I am fascinated by Mongolians, amazing people with amazing lives. My son’s father is a Tartar, but he ain’t amazing, just has slanted eyes 🙂

63. Red Arnie says:

Nope. Chas. There are videaos of my teacher in Rotterdam. But wont publish them here because she may be ridiculed. 😛

64. Red Arnie says:

Evonne. Actually a bloody docite liberal. Not a leftie really, but just appears to be a bit because most of the mainstream is so far to the loony right. 🙂

Nice day for it.

Very happy with the cricket – those Ozzies will almost certainly blame the pitch, weather, poor umpiring, the ball etc etc.

My plan for Sunday’s PM is a two-hander with West Ham Bob writing a piece about players and my input about the game. Is that OK with you??

66. Red Arnie says:

well, what the heck. Marianne Svasek. check her out if you like, Chas. 🙂

chas. Who was the very tasty lady yesterday morning (the early sepia pics)?

68. Red Arnie says:

Raddy. The Ozzies are bloody racist. They dont play like this against India. 🙂

Yes, why not

“those Ozzies will almost certainly blame the pitch, weather, poor umpiring, the ball”

Sounds like all the lefties on here after a poor Arsenal game 🙂

BR
    I think the caption just said ‘1920s belly dancer’.

Ooo those Newsnow headline writers can be sly

Got excited, only to find it was Dzeko to Roma. Phew. Dodged one there. Terry Henry reckons we’d win the League if we signed Benzema. Fair point

chas. That is a shame. I was going to google her and invite her to join the AA forum.

I thought it may be Talullah Bankhead

We will win the league with or without Benzema

Arnie. Can’t say I enjoyed Svasek – a step too far in tonal music for me.

Arnie

Regarding your comment as most here being from the “loony right”, I was going to say that certainly Chas, Raddy and yourself are lefties, leaving only me and Eddie as sensible people.

Then realised how describing Me and Eddie as sensible might weaken my case 🙂

Supposing he got injured after a couple of games.
    Individual players don’t win you the League, teams do.

….or squads, to be more precise.

I’m definitely a leftie.
    Can’t stand the politics of greed.
    Could never be like those ultra right-wingers, Trump and Chary.

Teams with great individuals. Terry knows 🙂

Does a squad include backroom staff?

Trump and Chary ROLF 🙂

My name is Big Raddy and I am a Leftie (and a rasta-hippy)

“Then realised how describing Me and Eddie as sensible might weaken my case :-)” LOL

Squad includes supporters, too – apart from those loony right-wing black scarf knobheads.

Raddy
    I do think Chelsea’s injury luck will run out at some point, and our squad is better, so we may well be in with a shout. However, to have a better 1st XI we need to match Costa, and Benzema may do that.

But Chas, too many of our supporters are Legrove style me me me have rights to trophies lefties 🙂

Us sensibles know you have to earn things

Haha, legrove a leftie, yeah right.

The chavs scored 2 more goals than us last season.
    Flippin Christopher Wreh could make that sort of difference.

“the chavs scored 2 more goals than us last season”

Ah, that old chestnut. However they ended 12 points’ish ahead. Enter philosophy. One, be boring and stiffen the defence, or two, score a shitload more”

Stop changing the discussion, you were saying Benzema would be our equivalent Costa!!!!!!

Anyhow, much as I enjoy debating with the lunatic fringe, Blackpool is a-calling.
    Ta-ra in a bit.

oooops, forgot the smiley
    🙂

93. ‘mornin all, BR I like you’re idea for the pre-match. Post it early as I’ve got to go out about nine for a family get-together which will go on until about midnight. I won’t get to watch the game until Monday.

Families!

More goals
    Have a great weekend in Blackpool

Off surfing now
    Sun and glassy clean waves 🙂

96. Red Arnie says:

just about time for a smiley. 🙂

97. Red Arnie says:

Micky and Evonne in the same club. ha ha ha. 🙂

98. It’s all gone quiet over ‘ere

It’s all gone quiet over ‘ere

It’s all gone quiet, all gone quiet

It’s all gone quiet over ‘ere.

arnie – what’s so funny?

100. Red Arnie says:

life. 🙂

101. Red Arnie says:

hmmm. life is slow. 🙂

Ok something for everyone to do……

Pick your fantasy league teams and join the league, the code on the right doesn’t seem to be working anymore so I created a new league and here’s the code.

1795455-525872

103. I’m in GIE 🙂

As everyone, including the Chairman of the No-Brainer Society is enjoying a quiet snooze, I will try and explain why I have arrived at a certain conclusion, and await a contradictory proof as to why i may be in error.

I have, like most of you, been dabbling with rumour, speculation and even tried to interpret Arsene’s mischievous Cheshire cat like grin when he has been quizzed as to the accuracy of the aforesaid rumours, and asked what his position is.

Now to ease your concerns I have put aside any concerns or ‘weighting’ on the possibility that like the Cheshire cat Arsene might disappear leaving his grin until last.

Let me explain some straightforward and rather basic information for you to chew on.

I began to detect some strange and unidentifiably unquantifiable thoughts that began to seep through my cranium after reading the aforementioned rumours and grins et sequentia. It was as if these thoughts could not be contained within my bone dome and hence I have felt the need to talk to you guys – especially the Wormer and The No-Brainer, men whose intellectual prowess has reached its zenith, right about now.

It is almost as if my subconscious had put together an evanescent thought pattern that was firming up as a realistic quark like conglomeration of random nano-events, which, admittedly, had little relation to any theoretical let alone confirmable reality, made my mind explode into a potent mix of subatomic energies capable of producing, in some inexplicable way, a potent almost thermonuclear detonation of electro-magnetic particles and electrons that gave me an answer to the question of which club will win the Premiership next season, as well as answering the meaning of life, and all that.

The answer? It seems that Theo will bend over the cot to lift up his newborn and in doing so will rick his back and render himself injured for the whole of the season, and while he is indulging in micro-managing his huge wealth from never playing because of injury – and because he is rubbish as a CF, Wenger will finally agree to buy an amazing CF who will score a zillion goals and ensure we will win the FA Cup, the Premiership, and the Champions League.

As to the meaning of life and all that? It’s bollocks! 😀

Serves you right for leaving me alone on the blogsite – again! 😀

105. The Cockie Monster says:

Yesterday I was stuck in a traffic jam for about an hour in Newquay because of the two Boardmaster festivals….Surf one and music one !………….actually the truth is !….is that I was the one who caused the 2 mile tail back behind me whilst I stopped and just ogled all the scantily clad woman crossing the road….the road ahead was clear !……………….I will be there a gain tomorrow in probably another jam !……..bastard surf and music dudes !. hahaha

Politics? I am a member of the “I take no responsibility for another’s actions” party, and helped write our manifesto

Taxes- You contribute 20% of your income towards a pot of nominated people that you like. My tax bill last year was zero.

Immigration- Only those who are willing to work 168 hours a week for a pittance in my counterfeit cigarette factory are allowed in. The exception is my Filipino house boy. He keeps my flat clean, and because hes lonely, I sleep with him

NHS- Free health care for all. As long as you can pay for it.

Defense- You are allowed a shooter to blow the suckers away. if you kill or maim someone accidently, its self defense. If however like me you have a mad urge to kill for fun? Just dont brag about it, do it and act normal.

Education- I take no responsibility for other peoples thick children. Neither do i take responsibility for my own children, who are very thick and are into ganja
    University students who expect me to pay for there addiction to cider or quest to lose there virginity, will be taught that the games up and the Pits need manning.

If any,ones interested in joining? send me an email

Just you and me then Northbank….if you’ve entered a team in Fantasy League (the Premier League official one) then join the league…..code above, old code on right doesn’t seem to work anymore?

108. oz gunner says:

Bloody cricket!

I’m certain the pitch, weather, poor umpiring, and the ball have all played a part in our loss.

van Gaal is doing well – a 22 year old goalie starting today, his first game in EPL as De Gaa refuses to play. What a way to start a season, without a goalkeeper. Despite that the Pancake face said that if ManU play well, as they did last season, they will go far. I think he meant top 10 is the target for them

Oz
    All is not lost. Here are two options
    1. Pretend you’ve never hear of cricket, and if you had, then it sounds like a game for Girls or the French.
    2. Change sides. It’s called “Doing a Sol”

Also Eddie… Schweinstiger unavailable…..hahaha.

Peaches there’s one in drafts for you.

I must say it makes quite a pleasant change not having Chas and Raddy around for a day or two fluffing up the morning session with their “we’re perfect fans and don’t care about having a crap striker because we’re caring supporters and shit” bollocks

Although, having said that, they do give you someone to talk at 😦

I go buy paint

😀 Oz, Boycott very unimpressed with the ability to play swing.

Fluffing? I will have you know that I have never fluffed in my life. Not once.

Oz. Far play 🙂

116. Red Arnie says:

motning all.

new season. ah, what a pleasure! 🙂

I would like us to buy a guaranteed 30 goal a year striker. But Micky has not found one yet. 🙂

117. Red Arnie says:

very nice batner. 🙂

Oz. I sympathise with you. Let us now see how much idolatry there is in Oz. Will these players be taken to the cleaners. Will they forego one month’s pay? Will their ads be banned from tele for a month?

118. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha ha

119. Red Arnie says:

120. Red Arnie says:

Morning Gents

Back in for a quickie.

Arnie.
    To be clear about strikers, and I will behave once the season starts and try to leave Mr Hair alone, but my problem with OG is not just that he can’t shoot, or dribble or head and is slow, it’s that he hinders Wengerball. I do not care one iota what his stats are, I am a style man.

122. Red Arnie says:

123. Red Arnie says:

Micky. Just a reminder. 🙂

Oh do behave and act your age Arnie. That was a pathetic attempt to undermine me 🙂

125. Red Arnie says:

Micky. 🙂

Hey Arnie, you might like this story what with your sort thinking women should have equal rights and power and stuff.

Firstly, my wife is six foot one inch. Steve, the painter from the village is not. Andy, the carpenter, has just made superb big double doors for the front of the house. They will be very shiny black with knobs and knockers and shit.

I returned from surfing yesterday evening as Mrs Didit was explaining to Steve that one thick coat of paint was not what we wanted. As I arrived I saw her take one long step to be really up close to Steve, stared down fiercely at the little painter and decorator and explained very clearly “I’ll let you into a secret. Today is the first day of my period, AND I WANT FOUR COATS OF PAINT. DO YOU UNDERSTAND”

Class act she is 🙂

127. Sorry everyone ……………… I went to walk the dog and forgot about the new post, back in a bit …………

128. New Post ………………………..

129. Great story micky 🙂