Keep the Corporal

It is my belief that we should be looking to retain the services of one Corporal Carl Jenkinson at THOF for the immediate future and I will state my case as to why.

What would be the reasons to let him go? Firstly some would argue he is not good enough. Others would say that we are well covered in his position and that there is no place for him when we have Bellerin, Debuchy and Chambers who can all play there.

Out of all our British players the corporal is still playing catch up. He doesn’t yet have the experience of being a regular senior international player and is arguably not yet able to put in performances at the highest level on a consistent basis, as you would expect from the likes of Jack, Ramsey, AOC, Gibbs.

That doesn’t mean though that he will not reach this level and, as with many of our youngsters, it is too early to say whether he will cut it at the top level or not. There have been glimpses that he has that level of performance in him. His recent performances at U21 level have seen him looking like one of the best of the young England players participating. The one game though that above others sticks in my mind was his performance against Bayern Munich in our 2-0 away victory. I believe it was Robben and Muller that were changing flanks to have a go at our young rookie, but he managed to keep both of them quiet for more or less the whole game, which is no easy feat. If that kind of performance is in there and can be replicated consistently then we have a player.

What about the competition?

Bellerin is a fine player and would currently get the nod as first choice but I have 2 things in my mind where this is concerned. Firstly it might be nice to have the option of playing Bellerin as a speedy right winger at times with Jenks behind him. Secondly is the dreaded Barca DNA. I would say there is a good chance that we will lose Bellerin to Spain at some point in the future, and also while he is still in his prime, if not at his peak. If Jenks has developed into that consistent top level player the impact will be lessened, rather than facing the situation scrambling around trying to recruit a new top level player who may need to bed in.

Debuchy? Well he is over 30 so has a limited period that he can provide us with top level cover in this role anyway. Debuchy’s ability to cover at CD and possibly even for Le Coq, (according to RC he played there for Lille which I found an interesting option), means for me that we can keep all 3 with Jenks easing into a more regular role as Debuchy fades / moves on. If Jenks is not as likely to get that playing time right now then I would suggest we get another loan season going while making sure we have him secured on a decent contract term. Chambers can also cover the role but my preference would be to develop him as a CD.

Finally, and perhaps the most important of the lot is the home grown quota rules. This consideration really extends beyond Jenks to all our quality young home grown players. The home grown quota rule may start to bite on some top teams as much as FFP. The team with the greatest amount of high quality home grown players could hold a significant advantage in the next few seasons to come, and we are, in my opinion, in one of the strongest (if not the strongest) positions in this sense relative to our top table rivals. For me it is a hands off to the Chavvies and Northern Oilers with Jenks, Jack, Aaron, Kieron, Calum e.t.c

As always over to you guys for your opinions.

Written by GoonerB

112 Responses to Keep the Corporal

1. RC78 says:

We are bout to extend his deal and then loan him out again…

He had a solid season and is having a good time with the England squad.

Is he a top RB in the EPL? No.
    Is he better than Bellerin and Debuchy? No.
    Does he have a good potential to reach the next level? Yes.
    Will Debuchy stay with us passed this season? Unlikely…

If Carl develops well and improves thruoghout the upcoming year, then he can probably come to us the following one. Now, if I were AW, I would do the following for Carl in the next 18 months:

– 1 year abroad on loan in France or Italy
    – 6 months in the EPL

I feel that Carl would benefit from being exposed to defensive leagues like the French or Italians and then he will need to do 6 months to get back to the physicality of the EPL but this would be the best for him and for us…

If he is loaned out to a team like Saint-Etienne or Bordeaux, he will also play European jouts and for teams that are actually competing for silverware nationally as well. Then he can join a team like West Ham again…Anyways, just an idea..

So I think that the club is doing the right thing to extend his deal with us and to loan him out…

2. Yusuf Ismail Temitope says:

True talk

3. RC78 says:

It seems that Tevez is available for 6 Mln EUR and that Ramos wants out of Real Madrid…

Now – I would argue that these two players could take us to another level for sure…

CECH – Bellerin, RAMOS, Koscielny, Gibbs – BENDER, Ramsey – Ozil – Walcott, TEVEZ, Sanchez

PiG – Debuchy, BFG, Gabriel, Monreal – Coq, Wilshere – Cazorla – Ox, Giroud, Wellbeck

+ Martinez, Chambers, Zelalem, Arteta, Gnabry, Akpom

Plus our loanees: Jenkinson, Bielik, Haydn

Not bad…

4. RC78 says:

We could technically sell Cazorla (20 Mln and above) and get ourselves a real Winger like Meertens for example…you would then play Ox and Wilshere in the middle:

Ox, Coq, Wilshere – Wellbeck, Giroud, Meertens

RC78 will you bloody leave Santi out of your nasty cull programme?

6. RC78 says:

By the way – Vidal still on our radar and apparently agreed to join us…

Thanks RC. Tevez could be a very good shout. He is not now a long-term option but he would fill that more world class forward gap and buy us the time to see if Walcott, Welbeck and maybe even Akpom can step into it.

If Santi was to go (and there are some Barca Xavi replacement rumours, I would go for Vidal from Juve to give us something a bit different in our midfield.

I still feel we are reasonably well covered form the wide areas anyway with Alexis, AOC, Welbeck, Walcott, Gnabry all being able to operate there. What about pushing Bellerin further forwards in some games with Debuchy behind him?

If anything we a short a left footed winger who can play from the right but, although not quite his best position, I was reasonably impressed with Jack from the right, so there is another option.

RC, Beat me to it as I was typing ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes never mention Santi going with Eddie about ๐Ÿ™‚

Eddie, Re Santi. On a pure footballing and like-ability factor I want Santi to stay. We may still have him this season but I don’t think we will have him too much longer so he is one of our top / high profile players that we have to plan for life without IMO. Fortunately I think we already have good cover in Jack, AOC and Ramsey. The box to box role is also Vidal’s and he could bring that extra power to the role. I don’t see the wheels falling off if and when Santi departs. I would find it harder to look at replacements for say Alexis.

10. RC78 says:

Eddie – I love Santi but to be honest, he is the only “very valuable player” that we could sell without feeling too much of a negative impact…

11. RC78, If you mention selling Santi again you’ll be in for some “negative impact” whenever you get within range of Eddie’s left hook. ๐Ÿ˜€

12. GoonerB, I can’t really see a case for keeping Jenks. We’ve had him for a while and in that time he hasn’t exactly set the world on fire.

While on loan at the Hammers he’s had an okay-ish season, but that’s all. He does seem to be first choice right-back for the under 21s but, again, that’s not saying much.

Is being homegrown/English qualifed enough of a reason to keep a moderate player?

If we kept him, would he be happy to be fourth in line behind Bellerin, Debuchy and Chambers?

I accept that time, money and effort have been invested in him so maybe another seasons loan could be on the cards unless a good offer to buy him came in.

You may be right Norfolk. Is he only a moderate player now? Arguable but you are possibly right in that assertion. Are you completely confident that this is as good as it gets with Jenks though or could he still have the potential to elevate his game to a higher level?

keeping him as home grown player, even if only a moderate one, is still ok by me if he has the potential to get better. I would hate for the Hammers or someone else to get him and he steps up over the following season or 2 and one of our top table rivals steps in and buys him.

Having taken the initial chance on him as a young promising player it would once again be someone else who gets the benefit when he hits his peak. We would be again helping a top rival, albeit indirectly.

Unless we are totally convinced that he will never amount to much I say keep him and wait and see. If he has a couple of fruitful loan periods we can then look and re-evaluate.

14. GoonerB, shall we agree to another loan? If so I’ll let Arsene know our decision and leave it to him to arrange. ๐Ÿ˜€

15. RC78 says:

NG/GB – AW already has decided to extend his deal to 2019 and to loan him out back to West Ham for a season…

I think it is a fair deal…I still believe that he needs to be exposed to a more defensive league like the French one to beef up his defensive skills…

Look if in a year and a half, he is not at a good enough level – we can sell him…

Eddie – Santi is great…he had his best season for us so far and he can stay but if one of our top players could go, it should be him :-p

RC78 – why should that player be Santi? Player of the season, instrumental in our success at Wembley, giant of a man in his position, hugely popular with the fans and other players….why would we sell him? I am outraged at your suggestion

17. Eddie, it’s no use using logical, reasoned arguements, just threaten RC78 with your deadly left hook. ๐Ÿ˜€

NG – I don’t do physical violence, but my revenge rate is formidable. santi goes and i’ll get you sooner or later

NG – not you, I will get RC78

GB – thanks for the post, very good take on Jenks. I would like to add that not only he is a home grown player, but also a true Gunner. Remember the words to his late granddad who was also a Gunner?
    That’s one quality that’s irreplaceable.

Also, I believe he has improved at West Ham last season and might be ready to come back.

Arsenal are said to want to exchange his contract and send him on loan for another season, Sunderland apparently. They should send him to Hull or Stoke to man up, then he would be perfect for us

21. RC78 says:

Why should that player be Santi?
    – Because he will not be a starter next season…
    – Because his value in the market at the moment is at the highest it can be given his age…
    – Because with 20 Mln, we can buy ourselves a great player that will add some other and needed skills to our squad

Now – I am very happy to keep him but all I am saying is that if we were to sell one key player with high market value, it should be Cazorla…

RC78
    – he WILL be a starter next season
    – money isn’t everything
    – for ยฃ20mil we cannot buy anybody half as good as Santi
    There.

Cheers, GoonerB.

I’d keep Jenks (as the Club seem to be doing), Bellerin and Debuchy for all of the reasons you cite.

I’d definitely keep Cazorla, too. He was instrumental to our season.
    His contract appears to run to June 2017. The end of next season will be more than soon enough.

Jenks looked England’s most dangerous player for the u21s last night, he is maturing with regular football and, at 23, is just approaching his peak years.

The Mirror and the Daily Fail are reporting we have signed Cech for 11m.

Apologies to GoonerB for my late arrival.

As always you present a well reasoned nigh on watertight case ๐Ÿ™‚ So yes, keep Jenks, send him out on loan next season and let’s see how things are this time next year …. simples

He’s home grown, he’s a gooner and he works hard and really wants to succeed. Any player (defender) who is not outrageously gifted only needs to follow Gary Neville’s example for inspiration.

Crikey GB, I was not expecting a post today, so thank you. I demand a telegram at the very least during these erratic times alerting me to such momentous events. Thank you.

Right, well having read the comments, I’d say I would agree with whatever Eddie says ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m afraid I did not see Jenks play for W’ham, and neither have I seen any of the England U21 games, so I’ll have to go with your learned assessment. So keeps.

As for Santi? ๐Ÿ™‚

Sorry, brief visit. ‘Till dawn.

Late arrival. GB, I feel that Jenkinson is one of the current “excess” players that we should keep. He’s been playing very well for the under 21’s and another year on loan in the premier division will tell if he will develop into a future 1st team player.

Will we get Cech or will Mourinho check mate us ??

31. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

Definitely keep Jenkinson, like you I don’t think Debuchy has long left and it is clear now Wenger bought a bit older than usual because he had Hector waiting in the wings and Chambers capable of playing there. Let’s be honest a lot of our players go out on loan and sit on the bench (even in the Chsmpionship and below), but The Corporal was played a lot by Allardyce, if that doesn’t convince fans of some defensive ability nothing will. He has boundless energy and is a committed Gooner, what’s not to like?

For me he sits in my O’Shea and Brown types that SAF got so much from, not good enough to demand first team football and leave, but good enough and with a real love of the club that they didn’t sulk on the bench and raised their game to the required level when called upon.

5.58 ๐Ÿ™‚ Wish I could make something like that but No, I am a computer dunce.

Not around yesterday to comment on GB’s well-written post. I agree with the general consensus that Jenks should have another loan for a season and see whether he develops further.

Jenks was England’s best player in the last U-21 game. He is good but ATM not Arsenal good.

love 5:58 ๐Ÿ™‚

raddy – one for you – during WW1 radio messages were constantly intercepted by the Germans; to make it more difficult for the enemy English recruited radio operators with Gordie accents. Sort of encryption ๐Ÿ™‚

and one for micky – “lookers” from Norway under attack: “Norway’s international women’s football team has produced a documentary “admitting” that the girls’ game is packed full of lesbians who can’t remember whether they should throw or kick the ball”. They lost to English “lookers” yesterday

38. Red Arnie says:

lovely post, GB. ๐Ÿ™‚

Knot ear. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

I agree Jenks is keepski. Hw did he play against Sweden? ๐Ÿ™‚

offski again. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

39. Red Arnie says:

Chas 5:58 ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers GB

If Jenks had been at another big club and had a manager like Ferguson or Moronio then he would make it. They would both adopt him like a bastard son, similar to Banjo Nevile, Roger Moore murderer Matic, or “I deny Darren Fletcher is my son”.

Unfortunately Arsene does not believe bastards have the same rights as technical players. To make it at Arsenal you need skill and the ability to walk through life without asking another man for a DNA test.

Jenks is a lovely boy and may eventually make it. but his technical level needs to increase

41. Lehmann through the fence says:

There is some problem with my computer but I will try this post again, hope its not a duplicate:

I saw the Sweden-England game and Jenkinson was among the best. Looked very mature and competent. And often on the offense with clever passes. I think that in him we could have something like Salgado was for Real Madrid playing a whole career with superstars and almost never shining but always with a good attitude, always showing up… A Lauren maybe. And an Arsenal-fan from birth he could be very important for the whole squad. So yes! Lets keep him.

Morning all,

Forget Jackson Martinez, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is the guy we should sign. He’s 26, 6ft 1 1/2, scored 30 goals for Dortmund last season, is 2 footed, can run 30 metres in 3.7 seconds and can play in the up front or wide left.

The only down side is that he would probably cost less than ยฃ30m so Micky won’t be happy …..

43. RC78 says:

I was happpy to read about our interest in PEA this morning. He would provide speed and trickery to our attack and he can play all three positions upfront (FW – Right, FW-Left and CF/ST) and he has proved himself in the French league, German league and also in the Champions League with both goals and assists.

Would I take him above Martinez? Absolutely

Our options up front would then be :
    Walcott, Giroud, Sanchez
    PEA, Wellbeck, Ox
    + Gnabry and Akpom

That is quite an offensive Armada

44. RC78 says:

According to reports, AFC made a 28.1 Mln GBP offer for him

45. Shard says:

Definitely keep Jenko. My worry would be that he will lose patience and want to go elsewhere, but he is a Gooner, so is likely to be more patient as long as he sees an eventual path to the first team.

Why wouldn’t we keep him? Carl is a Gooner, homegrown, is improving steadily. Debuchy is around 30, has been injury prone, and has also shown the capability to play CB, where he could move in the future. Bellerin is still young and if there are doubts about if Coquelin can sustain that form, they must be there around Bellerin too. Though I don’t buy the Barca DNA bullshit. It was never about the DNA with Fabregas. If Arsenal were winning, buying quality players, able to pay top salaries, he would have likely stayed. Bellerin won’t be any more likely to leave than anyone else just because of his DNA. I mean where was Song’s Barca DNA, or Petit or Overmars, or even Henry.

Hi RC78, yes he ticks all the boxes. There are 2 problems – the other big clubs are also looking at him (of course) and he has elected to play for Gabon instead of France (where he was born) so we would lose him for 6-8 weeks every other year to the ACN

47. Shard says:

Not very happy with Aubemayang (or however you spell it)

I mean I see him as a good backup to Walcott and if that’s the role we’re looking at then well and good. But if we’re looking at someone to be a step above from Giroud then no.

He brings speed to the attack. Possibly the odd trick or two, but I don’t think he’s a great finisher (haven’t seen the stats) and all his goals seem to come from breakaways. Will he help us against sides who sit deep and defend? Not really IMO and he’s not better than what we already have in terms of what he brings. If Walcott leaves, then maybe. Otherwise, I’d pass.

Well I guess your opinion would transform into unrelenting praise if we sign him then Shard? ๐Ÿ™‚

But seriously, he is a better player than you give him credit for and one of the reasons we struggle against the ‘park the bussers’ is that we fail to get the ball forward quickly enough when we dispossess them in our half because we lack width and don’t use the flanks.

49. Shard says:

Of course. An Arsenal shirt has magical powers making even the most useless of footballers potential world beaters. ๐Ÿ™‚

I actually like Aubemayang. I thought we missed a trick when we didn’t sign him and Dortmund did. I just don’t think that at this moment in time, he offers us the same value addition. I think he offers similar attributes and is at a similar level as Walcott, Welbeck and the Ox. A very good depth signing, which I actually think we lack at LW. But a star signing, I think not. I’m willing to be proven wrong though. Especially if we sign him ๐Ÿ™‚

Micky. Just read that CL Final is in Milan. Nice ground, easy language, warm early summer. Should we book flights

51. Shard says:

Ah Rasp. Maybe you’re right. I don’t know how to beat the bus parkers. My instinct would be to say dribbling and finishing are more important to us than speed and width right now.

Does Aubemayang displace Giroud in your starting lineup? I mean I guess Aubamayang-Alexis-Walcott does look a very tasty front line. But is it much better than Ox-Alexis-Walcott or Welbeck-Alexis- Walcott? I think not. Hence I think depth signing. But if no one better at either LW or striker is available, then we should get him.

52. โ€˜morning all, it seems the Petr Cech signing is creeping closer.

According to reports weโ€™ve agreed personal terms and a transfer fee. Whatโ€™s more that nice Mr. Abramovich has over-ruled Moanhioโ€™s objections and given the go ahead. A demonstration of who runs the Chavs.

It looks like Chasโ€™s 5.57 am prophecy could become reality by early next week.

The Despicable One, John Terry, reckons Cech could save us 12 to 15 points over a season. If that turns out to be true heโ€™ll be worth every penny of the reputed ยฃ11 million Arsenal are offering.

Thanks Shard, I guess it all comes down to whether you believe Giroud is good enough to get us to the level of winning the EPL or the CL. Added to that, Micky’s obscenely expensive strikers are all going to the big money clubs this window.

There is no doubt that Giroud is a very good player and we’ve built our attack to get the most out of his strengths, but he would be so much better if he was quicker and more mobile.

P.E.A. is currently a better goalscorer than Welby (I hate to say it because I’m a fan of his) and as such he would be an upgrade on that left hand side.

I like the sound of Sanchez centrally with PEA and Theo either side for some games and Giroud centrally for others.

54. Shard says:

Norfolk

That rumour Petr Cech out or Aubameyanging your chain.

55. Rasp, the one draw back, as someone mentioned earlier, is the African Cup of Nations.

Losing a valuable team member for a couple of weeks at a vital point in the season can cause serious problems.

I think Arsenal have made a conscious decision not to sign African players over the past several windows.

Is the player in question so good that his quality outweighs his absence?

56. Sorry Shard, I can’t quite get the meaning of your last comment

Thanks NG, I mentioned the ACN as a drawback to the player

I think it unlikely that we will get any of the big name strikers so I view PEA as at the level we might trade if the manager sees it as a good move. The thing about adding PEA to the options we have already (maybe view him as a swap for Podolski?) is that it gives us much greater depth to cope with the loss of players. Welby, Giroud and Theo were all missing for lengthy periods last season.

58. Rasp, as I’ve never seen the guy play, and until today, never heard of him I can only go by Micky’s criteria for a striker, is he obscenely expensive? ๐Ÿ˜€

๐Ÿ˜† NG, apparently not …. which is a worry!

This one is for micky – if this person wearing an Arsenal cap is disabled then I am a flipping ballerina

Testing

Ah good, blocked out again earlier. Interesting debate on Aubamayeng. I think he is destined for a strikers role and we all know how Arsene loves a winger to striker convert. He has the right size and eye for goal for this role IMO.

It would be a slight risk to assume he could move into this role and tear it up immediately but maybe he could and if AW thinks he can and he does hit the ground running then he could be destined to move up into the elite striker bracket.

I would still keep Sanchez in the wide attacking left role. He may have been bought with half an eye on moving into the central strikers role but the more I watch him the more I feel the wide left role is his best one and there are things about the strikers role that wouldn’t quite suit him.

I remember Micky the other day saying a big no thank you to Martinez. Meant to ask him why but ran out of time so……why Micky, why oh why oh why, why would you say no Micky, why oh why oh why?….

I await your response with bated breath.

Rasp/Peaches,

Check your email.

I despair ๐Ÿ˜ฆ Aubamayeng is not a striker!! We don’t need another winger/forward

Martinez, if rumours are to be believed is a moot point now anyway, as they are saying he s Athletico bound.

Eddie, Thierry was not a striker but a winger/forward when he came to us.

66. fatgingergooner says:

If we can get this Cech deal finalised then I will be delighted. Top quality keeper which we’ve needed for a long time. Just had a year off so should be fresh and ready to go.

PEA? ยฃ28m? Not for me. I’d rather us give Wellington Silva a chance to impress in pre season first. He’s been loaned out for a long time but it seems Wenger is keen to give him a new contract. Could be one to watch. With Welbeck, Walcott and Ox back I’m not sure Wenger will feel the need to spend ยฃ30m on another winger/forward. If we are going to spend that on a forward player then it has to be on a world class striker like Benzema, and PEA isn’t that.

I would like to see either Krychowiak, Shneiderlin, Bender or someone of that ilk brought in as a HM option.

Those dogs badly need o move onto slicks ๐Ÿ™‚

GB
    Back in a mo, go get evidence, although reading through comments, there must be a reason Jackson is off to Athletico without a massive fight between between the Barcas, Real Madrids and so on

GB
    Here we go
    Not one break through, beat player, dribbly, nothing. Looks similar to Ollie to me, yes faster, but that is not enough. Oh and worst of all, most of his goals came with his head, which is just not the kind of player to work with Mesut and Sanchez.

We need an Henryesque striker. Fast, strong and who can finish while at speed. Bit like this

Liverpool signed a Brazilian striker. Not outrageously expensive, not wanted by Real or Barca, must be shit.

Oh, but he is 5th in Bundesliga

Sorry DidIt, but your criteria are not very scientific

I was so angry when Danny was dropped from the central role

Still am ๐Ÿ™‚

Let’s put it this way, if I’d never heard of him, saw the Danny youtube next to the Jackson one, and someone said Danny was ยฃ40M and Jackson ยฃ25M, I’d demand Danny ๐Ÿ™‚

5th in the Bundesliga!!! Is that all?
    Anyway, I’m sure Andy Carol came top five one year, but we just don’t want his sort. I hate headed goals ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Andy Carroll never played in Bundesliga and therefore could not come top five
    2 yes, I want Andy Carroll at the Ems, why not
    3 Why do you hate headed goals???? That’s the strangest thing I’ve heard this morning

In short Eddie, high ball. Don’t like. Along the turf every time baby ๐Ÿ™‚

Chas. Card sent.

My favourites goals are the looping ones, when the ball travels like a boomerang and then bang, it’s in!

Conflict again. Went to my bank to beg for my own money and while waiting there forever I overheard this old ‘geezer’ verbally abusing a cashier. The geezer was typical ‘old school’ horrible little bastard talking to an older Indian woman like ‘chop chop, just stamp it, go on’, ‘you don’t know what you are doing, useless, aren’t you’, etc all while she was sorting out his payments. I stewed and stewed, and stewed a bit more, but there is no way I can refuse such obvious invitation for a fight.

I told the ‘geezer’ that he would never talk to the cashier like that if she was an English man. I got some abuse, the usual, racist dressed in nasty remarks, but I think I won. For once everyone in that bank was on my side. The ‘geezer’ had actually say ‘thank you’ to the woman. She said ‘thank you’ to me

Chas. Card sent.

Top work Eddie ๐Ÿ™‚

thanks micky. I enjoyed it ๐Ÿ™‚

Morning All

Top work Eddie.

Did the geezer have curly greying hair, a pair of broken purple tennis shoes and carrying a surfboard?

Raddy ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope you made ample sacrifices to the Gods and the weather will improve. The worst June in memory (mine)

DidIt – do you know why beavers were reintroduced to the wild in Cornwall? they are rats, why bring them back?

Oi Raddy
    That’s unfair. I do not own tennis shoes
    And as for that parking pic Eddie posted, I only park in the one disabled slot. In fact I hurl abuse Eddie style at those who do it, get out, and walk merrily to the shops. Yes, it’s one rule for me and Ian’s

Eddie
    The beavers have made nice ponds for a variety of amphibians, but hinder the path of salmon to spawning grounds
    In short, I don’t know.

Eddie
    Mankinds stupidity knows no bounds. I believe they’re trying to reintroduce wolves into Scotland. A country that is an ecological disaster. You can roam thousands upon thousands of square acres of Highlands and see not one tree, rabbit or bird. Exactly where the wolves are going to hide, or what they are going to eat is anyone’s guess

Ahh. The Ian Rule. Well worth remembering – thank you.

BTW Didit. I sent you an SMS yesterday , did you receive?

If you mean Text, then I don’t know. I call you

90. RC78 says:

– Cech in for 10.9 Mln while Ospina should move to Turkey for about 7-8 Mln…

– Arsenal still tracking Abdennour, Vidal/Schenederlin/Bender/Rabiot and Sterling/PEA/Higuain

– Liverpool made a very good acquisition with Firmino – he is a quality player (actually better stats than Sterling) but he may struggle with EPL physicality so we will not see the best of him before February next year…

micky – of course they know what the wolves will eat. They will move close to humans and rob livestock, cats and pugs. It is already happening in Poland

92. RC78 says:

FIRST OFFICIAL SIGNING: VLAD DRAGOMIR FROM ROMANIA, 16 years old wonderkid (apparently)…http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/586549/Vlad-Dragomir-Arsenal-transfer-news-deal

Itโ€™s been announced in the Romanian press that Arsenal have signed 16 year old Vlad Dragomir from ACS Poli Timisoara.

Prosport.ro are running a story saying that the young midfielder had been tracked by the Gunners for 18 months and, having liked what we saw, heโ€™s put pen to paper on a deal which will take him to north London.

The deal was signed by the player with Dick Law representing Arsenal. The Under 16 national team captain becomes the first Romanian player to sign for the club (more pics here).

His agent is quoted as saying, โ€œI proposed him to Arsenal a year ago and a half ago, during which they monitored him closely. In my opinion, Vlad is one of the most talented players in Europe at the moment.โ€

Of course he would say that, but hey. Apparently all the documents are signed and the player will move to London in late June to start his tutelage for the youth/reserve teams.

We donโ€™t know anything about him as a player but as a name โ€˜Vlad Dragomirโ€™ is pretty damn awesome. We look forward to him impaling the opposition at every opportunity etc etc.

94. RC78 says:

and if he played for Timisoara, he is maybe from there – meaning that he is Transylvanian ๐Ÿ™‚

– Zelalem, Bielik, Haydn – Dragomir – Wellington (?), Akpom

count bloody Dracula ๐Ÿ™‚
    looks as if he is still in nappies

96. RC78 says:

Wanyama wants to play Champions League and would favor a move to Arsenal over Chelsea…However, Mikel is leaving Chelsea and Mourinho rates Wanyama so we could see Wanyama joining the Blues while Mikel joins another team (probably abroad)

97. The Cockie Monster says:

I know Cech will be a good signing and I should imagine GIE will be more excited than when he last ram raided his local Kebab Shop, but if I`m to drive around Cornwall sexually aroused I need a ยฃ70M striker !……….I`ll have Cornwall covered and Didit will have Devon covered if that happens !. hahaha

Didit will be alright tonight as there`s a program on Ch 5 @ 8pm called ……………..Psycho Pussies : When Cats Attack !.

98. RC78 says:

Most probable line-up at the moment:

Cech – Bellerin, BFG, Kos, Monreal – Ramsey, Coquelin, Cazorla – Ozil – Giroud (or Walcott), Sanchez

Obvious Strenghts: Cech – Kos – Ramsey, Cazorla – Sanchez
    To be upgraded: Our fullbacks are not world class, BFG and Coquelin

Sorry my computer crashed just as I was publishing the new post, having to retrieve it ………………… back in a bit

RC You are probably correct on the team set up but I really want us to find a place for The Ox. I think he could become a real player over the next few years – the English Sanchez

RC78 – I am glad Santi is the obvious strength ๐Ÿ™‚

102. Sorted ๐Ÿ™‚

We have a New Post ……………………….

103. RC78 says:

NEWS – Turan wants to join the EPL! 41 Mln EUR

Now he is a cracking and fierce player but he has a propensity to lose his cool…However, he can cause havoc in any defense with his skills…I wonder if AW is monitoring him