Goodbye Poldi, Mattie, and who else?

Deadwood. We always have them but our current deadwood is quality.

We don’t have a Bendtner or a Denilson (sorry boys I liked you both), instead we have a German International with 123 caps and almost 48 international goals (more than Rooney), a French DM who wowed us on his return from AC Milan but is now well down the pecking order thanks to the excellence of the players in front of him. We have Campbell who had a fantastic WC and is still only 22 but has over 40 International caps. Times have changed.

And who else? No-one in the defence, they are all good enough and young enough. Perhaps Szczesny could go but I for one hope he stays.

Midfield? Apart from Flamster who could go?

Jack? Don’t be silly.

Cazorla? No way.

Ramsey? Are you nuts?

Coquelin? Given his remarkable improvement who is to say that he cannot continue to improve next season?

Arteta? Club captain and the recipient of a contract extension to 2016. Same as Rosicky.

In the forward line there are more possibilities for change. As discussed over that past few days, a new CF would be good  and Sanogo could be sold but why when he has potential and has just turned 22.

Theo? We have done this 🙂

Ozil and Sanchez? To sell them would be completely mad – unless we can get €30m more than we paid for them and even then I hope AW would say Non.

OG? Neigh.neigh and thrice Neigh. Another who is improving every season.

What do you think, who gets the Spanish Archer? (El Bow)

written by Big Raddy

104 Responses to Goodbye Poldi, Mattie, and who else?

1. X says:

G’ Mornin’ fellas,

In a public spirited way, I am reproducing a comment that I made just after the New Post watershed.

Mr Micky,

Having researched the ‘spam’ filter system I can tell you that part of the filter eliminates people who take the micky out of decent, licentious, left wing, free loving, hippy personages, like the nice Mr Raddish, who is currently gainfully employed in flirting with and fleecing gullible American tourists.

2. X says:

Raddy,

I have been perplexed over the years that such an interesting dude as yourself can seem to be at such odds with my views on a particular game.

Your very illuminating Post has solved the mystery with your comment, “We don’t have a Bendtner or a Denilson (sorry boys I liked you both)”. To your list of attributes enumerated in the comment above, I should have added ‘loony’.

Well that’s that. 😀

3. X says:

As I am on a roll, can I add a piece of information that coincides with your ‘test’ Post.

Arsene has now said that he is interested in Jackson Martinez but could only manage to raise the funds necessary to do so if he manages to sell Sanogo, Poldi and Campbell.

The corollary is that if he does not manage to do so – he will not buy 29 y.o. Martinez – and implies that would imply to any other forward – but we will still have Theo – Yip Pee. 😦

4. X says:

imply = apply

5. X says:

Well as I am obviously the only one not affected by the spam bug — I bid you g’day. 🙂

6. Howard says:

Are u happy the contract extensions of Arteta and Rosicky? Players who will definitely be bench warmers. Why 3 years for Flamini?

Agent Darren Dean’s players often have good deals at Arsenal. Oh Dean’s father is AW good friend

Diaby is due for another 5 year deal. Arsenal is really good for non-British players

7. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha, nice teaser, Raddy. 🙂

motning all.

OK, now we know why Micky and Evonne hate Giro. 🙂

8. Red Arnie says:

Do we not need an upgrade at LB? Gibbo? 🙂 I know, I know, English superstar, loyal servant to the club and all that. But still?

9. Red Arnie says:

England playing France today. That has to be war. Support the Gooner gals. 🙂

He should have sold Campbelll after the WC when he had greater value. Poldi is a strange one.great left foot, lovely smile but we must be asking too much for him.
    Arteta: not sure about him getting another year,he has slowed considerably.

Flamini: apparently there is confusing if he is out of contract or not, anyway we need better.

Sanogo could be anything or a bad buy.

The concentration is to get closer and challenge Chelsea,everything else is secondry IMO. AND IF THIS GOES IN SPAM. I’M OFF 🙂

11. Red Arnie says:

I’m a big fan of Gooner Casey Stoney and will be following her and the other Gooner gals. 🙂

12. Red Arnie says:

Kelsey, did the postman ring the bell?

13. DAMI ODUN says:

PODOLSKI, ROSICKY &FLAMINI should be let go. SANOGO, CAMPBELL, RYO, GNABRY, WELLIGNTON, AKPOM, BIELIK &ZALALEM all deserve thier chance

A nice little Tuesday morning thought provoker BR.

Who is Jackson Martinez, has anyone seen him, is he better than Giroud?

15. Red Arnie says:

I thought Jackson Martinez had promise and might be as good s Giro at some point in the future. But I have just realised he is 28, so I have lost all interest. 🙂

Only Sanogo holds promise for me now. Go Go Go Sanogo! 🙂

16. Sav from Australia says:

Interesting thoughts Raddy. And with transfer season, excellent timing.

I find I can tell a bit about the frequent posts on blogs about who Arsenal should sell this year. The stories were Arteta and Rosicky but now that it is known that they are staying, only the really illogical will persist with those names.

Flamini is known for finishing all his contracts and leaving on a free. As his contract does not yet expire with Arsenal – and as per his interview not too long ago – he is not leaving.

And as for Sanogo. If I can see the huge potential he has once he gets back his years of lost development (through injury) – goodness knows what the professionals can see. If he is sold I will be quite shocked.

To be honest, as you highlight, apart from Podolski, who else really?

Not as yet,Arnie.

Just having a quick look behind the scenes, sorry Raddy no time to read the post atm.

Found a comment from sav from Australia that had gone into spam. Sorry sav

19. If anyone else has comments disappearing can they email me at arsenalarsenal@live.co.uk

WordPress will have a look to see why it’s happening. Can you let me know if you get any error messages and the time of the comment in case I haven’t seen it in spam. Thanks

Sabogo,Welbeck and Giroud are all quite different players but none of them are clinical or at least in Giroud’s case consantly clinical and none have a real shot on them, but then AW loves the extra passing game.Thankfully Sanchez has other ideas.

21. ‘morning all,

This must be a good post by BR as the X man has seen fit to put up consecutive comments, none of which have gone into spam….or have they? 😀

In answer to the question, sell Podolski as he just doesn’t fit in. Sell Campbell as he can only be a bench-warmer and is behind Welbeck. Sell Sanogo as he’s just not good enough. Unless we sign another holding midfielder we should hang on to Flamini, he’s a good back-up for Le Coq.

My las comment went into spam.

I and I know Raddy like Rosicky and even allowing for his dreadful injury record he was available for the back end of the season but was primarily a bench warmer.He will be our oldest player so why give him,Arteta and Flamini and extra season.They are all past there best and do not enhance the squad if we aim to challenge Chelses.
    They are not game changers.They have each in their own way played their part but there must be an upgrade available.

The trouble is that 5 or 6 teams are looking to add fire power and bolster defence,and are these world beaters available.

and so did that one

25. The Jackson Martinez option is a bit odd, why sign a 28/29 year old striker with no Premiership experience and a not all that brilliant scoring record.

By the time he’s settled into our league and acclimatised he’ll be on his last legs.

If we are going for older players better by far to buy an experienced Premiership striker, there are a few about, Peter Crouch could give the whole team someone to look up to, except Merts of course. Andy Carroll would fill the spot reserved for someone with a pig-tail. Robin van Persie would perpetuate the tradition of buying Manchester United has-beens.

I’m sure you can all think of others.

My dear voluptuous Peaches.

There seems to a problem for those who wish to partake in intelligent and stimulating Arsenal discussion. Word Press is not spamming my comments.

Nice Raddy

I don’t wish anyone to leave. I live in constant fear that they may improve so just cant let go.

Who knows? In a few years Sanago may win that balloon de ego thingy, and have Pele saying he wished he had the mans skill and libido.

I have always been like that. I recall the day my Mick Mcmanus wife left me. Of course she had to go. Her thunder thigh 3 second submissions have left me with a neck as thin as an ostrich, but one day I always believed she could be a perfect replacement for Andy Linighan.

Saying that, every player has his price. If we were offered £60 million for Sanchez or Ozil, I would take it.

Not to buy a replacement. The idea of Arsenal having £60 mill sitting in the bank gaining interest turns me on.

27. Gilly says:

You forgot Diaby? Or is it that his contract has not expired and nobody wants him? I think Rosiscky and Arteta should be replaced. They are not top players anymore and we could get decent prices for funding better players.

28. Terry, I think your fears are unfounded, at least as far as letting our players go. Not having met your ex I’m unable to gauge her suitability to replace Andy Linighan, but the thought of being married to someone with even the slightest chance of doing so fills me with dread.

Our record of releasing players who couldn’t quite cut it at Arsenal is not bad. Few if any have made a lasting impression elsewhere. In no particular order some come to mind. Denilson, Arshavin, Reyes, Chamakh, van Persie (the one season wonder), Fabregas until he came under the evil influence of that Portuguese geezer, Vierra, Sagna. None of them have actually set the world alight.

On second thoughts, Terry do you have the phone number of your ex? 😀

Arnie

I have just received it but need your address, please

actually the post code is not clear, I have the address

Alexis Sanchez:

The former Barcelona star managed a hugely impressive 24 goals – and nine assists – in all competitions, and was particularly good during the first half of the season. He tailed off a bit after Christmas, but still proved hugely important to our success this campaign.

Despite winning a trophy during his first season with us, he still insists it was a disappointing campaign. He claims he would have liked to have won the Premier League or been in the Champions League final, and will clearly be hoping to improve in 2015/16.

“I would have liked to be in the Champions League final or to have won the Premier League title,” he said, as quoted by Goal.

“I believe we have a bunch of skillful players so to not achieve more is disappointing.”

The Chilean is clearly ambitious and success driven, and is unlikely to want to stick around if we aren’t challenging for top honours. We need to make sure we continue on the path we’re currently on, and begin battling the likes of Chelsea and Barcelona for Premier League and Champions League title

I just posted this to see if long comments are effected by wordpress. This got through, you can delete it if you wish.

I’ve been blogging all on my own on yesterday’s post 🙂 🙂

The Gunners have been denied a £2.9m bonus payment from Champions League winners Barcelona because Belgium defender Thomas Vermaelen, 29, who they sold to the Spanish club last August, did not play a single minute in the competition.

34. Hi all, GoonerB called me to say he can’t get on the site but wanted to say ‘hello’ to you all.

Sorry some of you are still experiencing problems, hopefully tomorrow will be better

35. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all, Nice one Raddy. Deadwood, Well i never, nobody wants to get rid of Diaby is he worth a new contract then seeing how he is now as fit as he has ever been.

Flamoni Rosiski Arteta Podolski Sanogo DIABY Gnabry Akpon Debuchey

Flamoni because we have better and he is old, Arteta for the same reason, Rosiski as he will only ever be a sub and we need squad players who can do 120 if we need them. Podolski has shot his bolt, Gnabry who is he not seen for a whole season we can do without him.

Akpon is not as good as who is playing now, and we feel we need better. Debuchey we may get one more season out of him but given the choice would prefer Jenkinson back as he could turn out better than all of them.

DIABY we should keep pay him more than the top earner and fing him a comfortable chair in the stand or in the sick bay as thats where he feels comfortable.

Deadwood is what we call useless, if we have not used them for six months we don’t need them, but we can fill their spaces with players we will use, not hard to be better is it.

hahaha, you wouldnt want her phone number Norfolk. She failed the test.

I ask every new person I meet the same “test question” to weed out the psychopaths.

From the popular 1970s series of planet of the apes, (not the crap modern films were the apes look real. The one were they look like there auditioning for a part in a YMCA or Elton John video), for a laugh, would you kill one of the apes?

If someone answers “Yes, I would kill an intelligent 1970s ape for a laugh” then there a psycho.

To be certain there alright, the correct answer should be ” Depends how much money I received, allied with an assurity that it would put a certain end to any further Elton John musical extravaganza”

The post was purely to see if wordpress would start behaving. It seems as though comments are not going to spam so it appears to work..

As to the post ….. well, I think there is far more to discuss about how we rebuild our squad for next season.

And let us not fool ourselves we are a long way from competing with Chelsea – we were 12 points behind which was where our play left us.

We need to tighten at the back, score more from midfield and more upfront …… that is al 🙂

BTW that was the best 3 hours of cricket from an England team in a very, very long time

me in spam box

Oooo ello 🙂

Thanks Raddy or Mr AA as you should be known.

I don’t think Arsene really wants to sign anyone

I keep thinking there’s nothing footbally worth talking about, then I read this from Transplant “If we were offered £60 million for Sanchez or Ozil, I would take it. The idea of Arsenal having £60 mill sitting in the bank gaining interest turns me on”, and I realise how little it matters 🙂 🙂

weird

must be some combination of characters wordpress not liking

Thanked Raddy, so maybe that’s the problem

I am sure Terry was joking, what turns me on is having Ozil and Sanchez in the bank earning interest.

Terry is an accountant. Of course his trousers swell with the prospect of a massive profit

Cheers, BR.

I never really understand the ‘get rid of this player and sign this player’ brigade. Why would anyone think they would know better than Wenger? After all has any of us managed over 1000 premiership games – or even one, come to that? Haha.

Only kidding, of course.

However, deciding where the team needs to strengthen, who to buy etc is a complete and utter waste of time because you know it just isn’t going to happen how you wish. Sit back and enjoy the ride, that’s what I say.

Of course, having said that, I do not want to ridicule a summer’s worth of idle speculation (99% of which will be complete testes) before it’s even begun! 😆

Chas. Idle speculation, you know it makes sense

Yep, BR.
    There’d be no summer on here without it, so I wholeheartedly agree.

What a photo!! Chas you have excelled once again.

Must be Americans

Haha. What the rabbits?

Spanish Archer – I haven’t heard that one before, like it 🙂

No idea who’d be sold and I am only hoping that whoever goes will get our blessing. Meaning all our favourites staying put, no heart breaking good byes, no need for LB to finally eat his cashmere scarf

But I am sure this won’t be the case. Theo, Rosicky, Arteta and Wilshere are prime suspects in my opinion. But I am not going to eat anything if I am wrong.

English girls lost to the hairy frogs 😦

Eddie
    LB is down to offering to eat his red and white posing pouch.

……
    Eddie
    LB is down to offering to eat his red and white posing pouch.

:::@~@:@~:~:@~:~
    Eddie
    LB is down to offering to eat his red and white posing pouch.

Back into spam with umpteen IDs. Feckin bollix

^$&^%()_)(^**&%*&^(_)&*)(*)*
    Eddie
    LB is down to offering to eat his red and white posing pouch.

59. bollock features says:

Eddie
    LB is down to offering to eat his red and white posing pouch.
    kkkkkkkkk

60. bollock features says:

LB is down to offering to eat his red and white posing pouch.

61. wordpress is shite says:

LB is down to offering to eat his red and white posing pouch.

62. wordpress is shite says:

Heap of shite

Ah, at last.
    About a dozen comments in spam or lost.
    All nonsense.

harold
    LB is down to offering to eat his red and white posing pouch.

65. Sorry chas, I’m out and about so can’t check spam, I’ll have a look when I’m home

I’ve just released all the comments I can find in spam

If you haven’t seen the clip put up there by Chas showing the first Arsenal goal against Middlesbough then stop what you are doing and watch it.

Trust me, it is magnificent.

68. Red Arnie says:

Thanks Kelsey. 🙂 My pleasure. You do not need my postcode. Honest. 🙂

“Why would anyone think they would know better than Wenger?”

So tempting 🙂

It was meant to be!

Short comments, typing gently and quietly. That way maybe wordpress won’t know we’re here

In the name of research, it may be a good idea to post some smut just to stretch the bloody machine’s spam filter muscles. Call it exercise

Here’s a very sensible idea
    Last season our home strip was orange
    What colour should The Arsenal play in at home?

Shitballs, that backfired. Our Man has attempted one smutlike entry to help us all, it’s got spammed, so he’s copped a strop and cleared off

I cannot find anything from chas in spam or pending files.

I think he sold micky a dummy.

Soz, just been swimming. Not having a strop, honest.

Then serve up some semi-smut

Yip Raddy. Nutmeged 😦

Ah ha, there he is.
    “Get busy” or we talk squad culling, and let’s face it, not one of our players would get into the current CL Champs side, so as far as I’m concerned, all spots are up for grabs 🙂

I’m on my phone – no smut facility available. Cull away.

You may as well just piss down your leg for all the effect it has, but fill your boots. 🙂

Bugger just another. Bye.

Nope comment lost again

chas – there is no need to tell me 10 times, I understood the first time! what is a posing pouch?

Just released chas’s non-smut comment

I do not know how to fix this problem and it is having a detrimental effect upon the site. For some the comments appear without problems for others they go into the spam box.

Strange, very strange.

Anyway …. Up the Gunners!

Does anyone remember when we used to sing Anchors Away on the terraces? Must be back in the early ’60’s

(not my childhood imagination … read the last para http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/125-years-of-arsenal-history-1946-1950)

84. X says:

good Morning,

The solution to all this banning malarkey is straightforward.

Just send me £10 each and I will fix you. Get to it.

X. If you can really fix me for a tenner I will send it forthwith

86. X says:

Eddie,

Your question re ‘posing pouch’ – it is a small, very small in some cases, cloth bag for keeping a man’s genitals from flapping about and dangling in his breakfast when he stands up.

87. X says:

In your case Raddy, it will require a major overhaul, and can only be accomplished by being invited to Copenhagen and given a free Tourist trip to enable me to conquer your fear of the Id.

88. X says:

Clearly you have all been bunged into the moderation bin, so until I get the £10 – I will bid you adieu.

thank you X, that’s more than I need to know

2 comments gone, just as I was going to say it only happens to middle age men 🙂

aha, the disappearing comments had .jpg included

It like my heart condition called bigiminy.An irregular but regular heart beat and also intermittent. That’s wordpress for you 🙂

93. RC78 says:

1. PiG or Ospina should be sold to make way for CECH or HANDANOVIC

2. Jenkinson can be sold as Bellerin has proven himself as a reliable RB

3. Chambers should be loaned out to make way for the purchase of a solid/experienced CB (Garay, Howedes, Otamendi)

4. Flamini & Rosicky should be sold

5. Bielik should be loaned out along with Haydn

6. Now my controversial pick: sell Cazorla for at least 25 Mln while we can as he is on a high value right now but can (according to me) be replaced by Ox or Wilshere or by a top recruit

7. Sell Campbell, Poldi and Myachi

8. Loan out Sanogo and Wellington again

Bring in players that will really make us EPL contenders:

1. Cech or Handanovic
    3. Garay or Howedes or Otamendi
    4. Bender or Schnederlin
    6. Arturo Vidal and if we cannot get him, then settle for Sissoko from Newcastle
    7. Yarmolenko and if we cannot get him, then settle for someone like Meertens/Insigne/El Sharawwy

To have the following team:

Cech – Debuchy, Garay, Koscielny, Gibbs – Ramsey, Bender, Vidal – Ozil – Walcott, Sanchez

Osp or PiG – Bellerin, BFG, Gabriel, Monreal – Ox, Coquelin, Wilshere – Yarmolenko, Giroud, Wellbeck

+ Martinez, Zelalem, Arteta, Gnabry, Akpom

This would be a tough squad to beat

sell Cazorla??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get away

If I send a post, is there anyone to post it
    Who knows, maybe wordpress hates hippies 🙂

96. Red Arnie says:

motning all.

I think upgrade is possible at LB as well.

hello WordPress, how is my luck today?

97. Red Arnie says:

not bad, how about a smiley then? 🙂

post sent

99. RC78 says:

Eddie – Cazorla is a great player and has been outstanding this season and his value is quite high at the moment. Atletico, Sevilla and Valencia are ready to pay top money for him and given his age, it is a good time to sell him and get some cash that we could easily invest in Vidal or Bender or Schnederlin who would be big value added to our squad…

Morning all …..