Bellerin or Debuchy?

I used to like them. I used to like the fancy-dans of Kings Road. I liked John Hollins, Charlie Cooke and Ossie and even Terry Vegetables. I enjoyed watching Ruud Gullit and Vialli and Pat Nevin, They had swagger, class and style. They were Chelsea but post the Russian have become The Chavs. New money, new ethos – efficiency over character.

If I were a Chelsea fan would I be happy? Of course I would but I know I would hanker after the Glory Days because football is not just about winning – it is also about entertainment.

A team with Hazard, Costa, Fabregas, Oscar, Willian etc should be able to get bums off seats, instead they are tailor-made for a mid-afternoon Sunday nap on the settee. You know what to expect – they do enough to win and no more. What happened to that wonderful team which hammered all-comers at the beginning of the season? Same players but totally different entertainment level.

Unknown

Chelsea fan mid-way through the first half

Why? The rot starts at the top, filters down to the horrible oik of a manager then to the dreadful team captain and onwards to the team.

I will not ruin your day by spending any time writing about the manager; suffice it to say that he is successful and charismatic – so was Stalin.

What of today’s encounter? First vs Second (well it was on Friday!). A win today takes us back to second with a game in hand on MC & MU (and 11 points ahead of the N17 neanderthals). Can we finally beat Mourinho?

To start with, Ramsey has to play. Whomever is to play right back will have to cope with Cesc, Oscar and Hazard. He will need the additional security of a tackling “winger” rather than Theo.

Bellerin or Debuchy? We discussed this briefly mid-week with the majority pointing out Bellerin’s fine run of form and his extreme pace; my inclination is to start Debuchy. Bellerin makes the odd mistake which is inevitable with such a young man, Debuchy may not be as pacy or as much of an attacking threat but he has the experience. That said, Debuchy did not excel at Wembley.

Then there is the battle of the Franks – Francesc vs Francis. Le Coq has excelled in recent weeks but Cesc is a level above all the MF’s he has faced. Whatever your feelings about Fabregas the man, he remains a wonderful footballer – the best in his position in the PL (IMO). Would he improve the current Arsenal team – possibly not, but who would you rather see in the Red & White, Cesc or Aaron or Santi?  All of them is my answer!

The teams seem evenly balanced and I expect the result to depend upon which side makes the least mistakes. If our defence can concentrate for 90+ minutes with the midfield backing up both FB’s we should win because we have better forwards. I know Hazard will be Player of the Season but in my opinion Alexis has been better. Ozil and Giroud are better players than Oscar and whichever lump plays upfront for Chelsea today.

BFG or The Archangel? If fit, Mertesacker has to start, though Gabriel seems to have pace and excellent abitliy in the air which could be vital against a team with such big CB’s. Cahill, Terry and Ivanovic have scored 15 goals between them!

My Team:

Ospina

Debuchy    BFG (if fit)   Koscielny   Monreal

Cazorla    Coquelin

Ozil

Ramsey     Sanchez

Giroud

Other changes could be Welbeck in for Ramsey as Mr Wenger may choose to be more attacking in a home fixture – somehow I doubt it. The bench is possibly the strongest in the PL. We have so many fine players in the squad. When The Ox returns will he find a place in the current first 11 or even the bench?

Matic worries me. The man is a beast and exactly the kind of player Mr Wenger should be buying in summer. Sadly this type of player is rare and as such hugely expensive. The physical battle between Matic and Le Coq will be interesting.

Courtois. This chap is fantastic, everything I wish TPIG could have been. Let’s hope he has a disastrous evening.

As to the Mourinho/Wenger hoodoo. It is just history – as irrelevant as our FAC Final win over the Chavs in the Ray Parlour final. That said it would be wonderful if we could win today to stop another tedious media narrative.

We have won 9 games in a row, are at home, have a fully fit team and bench. We can win.

I am 51% confident

written by Big Raddy

181 Responses to Bellerin or Debuchy?

Flippin excellent, BR.

I was talking to a scouse mate in the pub on Friday and he was saying the same thing about how tedious Chelsea are to watch. Apparently they were advertising on the radio the other day, trying to shift seats. They can’t even sell out when they look like they’re going to win the League.

As for today’s game, we need an early goal, and then score one every ten minutes thereafter.

2. John Gee says:

You sound very nervous !! No need. Arsenal are better than Chelsea and that is why they will win. Simples !!!

3. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    In your post Chelsea does just enough to win, do not put themselves out to get bums off seats, May i remind you they don’t need to, they are 10 points clear at the top. They are strolling to the title, It has been an age since we have beaten them, Mourinho has the upper hand over our man, and chances are a draw would suit him as well as Wenger. A win for us closes the gap by 3 points but the outcome will probably be the same.

Belerin or Debuchey, i would play both with Ramsey where he should be on the bench. Debuchey is the better right back at present, but Belerin with his defensive knowledge and his pace where he can exploit the flanks that Ramsey cannot, seems to be the right man for this game.

Gabriel will probably step in for Mertsacker which i believe to be the right move, we cannot allow the right wing to be empty against this Chelsea team.

4. sansi-j says:

u are sure good at posting rubbish, to start monreal and bench cox? Dats absurb

Sansi. Thank you for your comment. Read the team line-up

6. chas mobile says:

Flaming Norah’s. Arsenal fans are embarrassingly thick sometimes.

7. Ant says:

Bad start..the train’s 20 mins late but the first beer is on the go so all’s well

8. Dgob says:

Same here!! Fingers crossed, after the first 15 minutes, we’ll be 60% confident.

COYG

9. Ant says:

Here we are in 1968

10. chas mobile says:

11. Dgob says:

My favoured starting 11 would be:

Ospina

Bellerin BFG (if fit) Koscielny Monreal

Cazorla Coquelin

Ozil

Welbeck Sanchez

Giroud

I think Danny’s speed and ability to track and tackle back make hime a favoured option. With Giroud coming short and him having the potential to get in behind (not to mention the physicality of the pairing), I think we could cause the Chavs a lot more problems.

But it’s sure good to have choices

COYG

12. Ant says:

Great pre-match Raddy thank you. I find Chelsea so boring to watch 😉 unlike our fabulous heroes who keep me on the edge of my seat. Mind you I’m fearfull of a bit of a chess match today, we need to be careful but not boring like them ……… what am I saying we’ve got Ozil, Alexis and Giroud how could we ever we boring.

Bellerin is so exciting to watch but I agree his lack of experience could be his undoing today so it’s Debuchy for me and I just hope he’s more at the races than he was last Saturday.

I feel by playing Ramsey on the right AW gets to keep Cazorla in the team, they are both reliable and can score for themselves from outside the box.

Ooooooh can’t wait. Its a chilly day so plenty of pockets available for extra spectators.

14. Ekow Howard says:

Drop Casorla and let Cog and Ramsey play in the middle. Play Bellerin over Debauchy because of Harzard and Willian’s pace. Drop BFG for Gabriel as he can’t cope with Chavs counter attack. Then play Welback on the right to help Bellerin against Hazard. So My selection is:

Ospina, Bellerin, Monreal, Gabriel and Kos

Ramsey and Cog

Ozil

Welbeck, Giroud and Sanchez

15. Ant says:

Two twats and the Boys

16. ‘morning all,

You pose a good question BR, Bellerin or Debuchy?

If Debuchy was not a bit rusty it would be a no-brainer RA, experience over youthful enthusiasm. But, is he fully match fit? It didn’t look like it at Wembley when he had a poor game.

Steve may have the right idea, play both. You get the pace and skill going forward from Bellerin and the solidity of Debuchy, plus the extra defensive dimension of young Hector.

Ramsey is wasted on the wing, in fact he’s a liability there. so he has to sit it out at least until 60 minutes.

Confident? I’ll be behnd the sofa. 😀

17. Ant says:

Gorgeous sunny blue day up Norf but it is meant to be miserable and dull down South

I love the Ant & Duck show. Some serious early drinking from our Midlands Contingent

Who are the two penii next to A & D?

20. chas mobile says:

21. Ant says:

A win today would shut up this constant Wenger has never beaten Moaninho stuff like the 9 years without a trophy stuff from last year and we never beat a top 4 team also. A spawny 1-0 would be perfect unless we can have a 5-3!

Lawrenson says it is a nailed on 0-0 as Chelski would be happy with a draw!

22. Ant says:

I can’t believe that you don’t know those two sweet talking talented Irish boys BR!

It is of course Jedward who are worse than the worst pub singer in the world, have no brain and boundless annoying energy. They are bloody hilarious!

Bellerin for me. Debbs is still a bit rusty after the long convalescence.
    I think 51% is about right. We are better technically, but Maurinho is a better tactician; le Boss is prone to err in big games. We have much more to fight for than Chavs, but that could play against us (nerves, pressure to win, etc). We are at home, but that doesn’t mean much, this season we are as effective and as poor at home as we are away.

The bookies give 7:1 for Arsenal to win and 8:1 for the Chavs. They are pretty accurate and as confident as Big. Thanks for the great PM

raddy – you don’t know Jedward??!! The cleverest two talentless ejeets on this planet. Multi, multi millionaires with nothing special about them

25. Ant says:

Chas looking a little scary and Ant 10 years younger

Morning all,

Firstly “so was Stalin” brilliant 😀 as is the rest, I expect Coq to give Cesc a tasty welcome, let’s face it he has a chance to really endear himself (more than he already has) by making sure Cesc leaves the Emirates on about 65 minutes having had not a moment to pick a pass.

Secondly, Steve you say Maureen has no need to entertain because they are 10 points clear, surely that’s more reason for them to play with freedom and expression than shut up shop, I’d understand if they were only 2/3 points clear. Although I do think some of their dullness has come from the fact that the 15 or so players he has used this season are running on empty. Had we not had the early draws had City not imploded since the start of the year I don’t see that Maureen would be getting any plaudits for the way he is coaching the side. I can’t believe the likes of Hazard enjoy their football at the Bridge, even Oscar and Willian are more expressive players than they are allowed to be. They’ll win the league and deserve congratulations for it, but they don’t deserve respect because they play football in a negative way.

27. chas mobile says:

Ah, the ravages of time.

28. TotalArsenal says:

Morning AAers 🙂

Fantastic, excellently pitched preview Raddy. Put a battle smile on my face. Let’s beat the 21st century Stalin hahaha. UTA! 🙂

29. chas mobile says:

Hey, TA, how’s it hanging?

30. Ant says:

Where’s my friend RA?

31. Ollie Hackney says:

Debuchy with hector in front I want as well
    Drop caz? That is ridiculous whoever posted that reply!

32. Ant says:

Chas just said, ” most people see the carnage at our table… And sit in the next carriage as far away as possible!”

33. Ant says:

Beer 3 here I come

34. Sav from Australia says:

Nice preview Raddy.

35. Ant says:

Watford is a funny place.. Completely pointless

TA and Sav 🙂 🙂 hi boys!!

what do you mean a pointless place? What is not a place with a point?

37. chas mobile says:

So, Ant, how many times will Hazard fall over in the first 15?

38. Ant says:

39. Ant says:

Hazard falls over more times than Micky in Monaco

40. Ant says:

Evonna, wot is not a place with a point is a wot not pointless place ok?

41. chas mobile says:

Don’t talk about Micky’s failed European tour this season; it makes him seethe.

42. Ant says:

What is the difference in the accent between a Pole and a Rumanian Eddie?

43. Ant says:

I fancy going to Madrid next year..

44. Ant says:

..if Micky and Raddy are as lapse on away trips as this year!

45. chas mobile says:

Yes, Madrid sounds good; plenty of tapas and San Miguel coming out of your ears.

46. Ant says:

RAF Hendon.. Lovely wings

47. Ant says:

48th comment

48. Ant says:

Quick loo before we get off Chas

49. Ant says:

50…. Hooray

Well played. 50 comments by London.

TA. Very good to see you. Sav as well

51. fatgingergooner says:

Go on Everton!

52. fatgingergooner says:

Hope Coquelin keeps his cool today. He’s going to want to put on a show against Hazard and Fabregas and we know he loves a good tackle. Hazard could get an angel booked so he needs to be careful.

Come on Everton! 2-0!

“🎵Oh what fun it is to see United lose away”🎵

Chas and Ant….I think people move away when they see Strongbow….do they not sell decent cider in Nottingham?

TEAM NEWS: Mertesacker starts

Arsène Wenger has made four changes to the side that beat Reading 2-1 in the FA Cup semi-final.

David Ospina returns in place of Wojciech Szczesny while Hector Bellerin and Nacho Monreal also come back into the side.

Per Mertesacker overcomes an ankle injury to start at Emirates Stadium while Olivier Giroud also returns at the expense of Danny Welbeck.

Full team: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud

Subs: Szczesny, Debuchy, Gibbs, Wilshere, Walcott, Flamini, Welbeck

Copyright 2015 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to http://www.arsenal.com as the source
    26 Apr 2015

56. fatgingergooner says:

Some cracking results for us this weekend which basically means we have a free crack at Chelsea without any pressure.

I hope we have a real go at them going forward and let’s see if they are as good defensively as everyone makes out.

Blast! For reasons outside my control I have been missing the Ant and Duck show.

You two deserve a TV show of your own! 🙂

Chas, you say that Micky ‘seethes’ — don’t all flowers seethe – question is what sort of flower is he? Mmmm – lovely, or a luscious rose petal, like Norfolk?

Great Post, Raddish, and you noted that Maureen is Stalin-esque too — well they are/were both unpleasant dwarfs. 🙂

Joking aside, that was a good, quality read.

Thanx, GN5,

I noticed that Gabriel is not even on the bench – is he injured?

60. TotalArsenal says:

Defying gravity, Chas – king of the life exprience! 🙂

Good to see the site going strong with quality posts and comments. We have scalped the Mancs and Nothern Oilers, now let’s add one of the Southern Oilers this season. What’s the bet on an own goal by Fabregas…. Oh the controversy!

CoYG! 🙂

Hi TA,

It’s always a joy to see you! 😀

Sorry I have not been over to speak to you, recently. I will make amends.

62. TotalArsenal says:

Hi Redders, have been very busy recently and blogging has suffered. Hope you are okay?

I have my ups and downs, still, TA — hope things are OK with you and the family.

Any news on your proposed move? Actually there is a swimming, walking blogger on here from Norfolk – so probably best to move and get away from him! 🙂

For clarity, I do not mean Exile — no, it is the other one, named Norfolk oddly enough, and he is – odd – but deserves respect as I understand he fought in WW1 – not sure who for!! 😀

65. TotalArsenal says:

We’ll move to Scotland in summer, RA. 🙂

Off to the pub now. CoyGs.

Looks like Mourinho is taking a leaf from LVG’s book and starting without a striker 😕

COYRRG

Afternoon lads
    On the sofa but it belongs to me mate Den so with you in spirit
    Also on mobile so comma will be poor
    Come on you gunners

Superb work BR
    Thanks

69. fatgingergooner says:

That’s a booking ref!

All game we’ll be watching these fouls.

I knew it!!!

fooking ell, what a great ref 🙂
    we have to be careful in the 2nd half – he will know by then that he made 2 wrong decisions and desperate to put it right

If we win we will never hear the end of it from Maureen

72. fatgingergooner says:

We look a threat down the sides when Özil overloads one wing with a full back joining in. We just need to get an extra body in the box to occupy the CB’s and create space for Giroud.

73. fatgingergooner says:

the refs having a shocker. How is that a booking for Coquelin and Ivanovic got a telling off!?

Hazard is a cheat and dived to get Coq carded.

Oliver getting conned by these cheats in blue time and time again. Ivanovic should have had at least two yellows.

Come on Arsenal

Is ref the guy whose girlfriend is a Gunner and was GMs client?

76. fatgingergooner says:

Sanchez is looking lively, just needs a final ball.

Just going to take 1 piece of quality to win this game. Hope it comes from us.

77. fatgingergooner says:

The Fabregas one could’ve easily been a pen in the modern game, but in reality and by the laws of physics it was a blatant dive! Just like Hazard when gravity got a bit much for him and sent him crashing to the floor!

Chelsea are embarrassing. I’m glad I’m an Arsenal fan.

78. fatgingergooner says:

The perfect ending to this game would be us getting a dubious pen and slotting it in for the 3 points. I’d gladly listen to Maureen after the match if that happened! 🙂

I would love to know how the referees rationalise a touch on the shoulder and a player’s legs becoming paralysed?

In Hazard’s case touch his shoulder, tickle his belly button, whisper in his ear and his legs collapse. Does he have a disabled badge?

The ref’s OK I think – Maureen puts all of them under pressure – and that must colour their decisions – at least sub-consciously.

God Maureen’s teams are so annoying, here’s 7 well placed dustbins, try and move round them, then when you’ve committed enough men we will break.

Now yes it’s a tactic but it only works if the other side attacks, I think I’d prefer us to sit back second half and play like them, just to prove how basic and one dimensional the tactic is.

Think Oliver was right to call Cesc a dive watch his legs he stops moving as soon as he plays the ball and just straightens them hoping for Santi to continue his action, where Santi made contact would not cause you to go down like you were tripped.

The handball on Cahill would have been extremely harsh, I don’t think it was an unnatural position and it deflected up off his own leg.

As for rest of bookings or not you could seeOliver tell Terry rather than Ivanovic that he had spotted the nightly rotational fouling and whoever did it next would have gone in the book.

For me Ivanovicgot away with one after Alexis threw him the dummy.

Terrific half of football. Both teams showing excellent tactical awareness and skill. Some wonderful ball control and passing.

Both defences playing well but Chelsea look slightly the better team – the Willian ball for Ramirez was superb.

We can win this. Just need some luck

82. arnie says:

enjoying the game. nervous. COYG. 🙂

thanks for the PM, Raddy. Back to it later. COYG. 🙂

Great prematch BR – Very entertaining demolition of the Chavs and all they stand for.

Cracking game. Could go either way. Hope we prevail.

84. fatgingergooner says:

We need some pace in the last third to give them something to worry about. Maybe take Cazorla off, Rambo in the middle and Welbs or Theo RW.

85. arnie says:

come on guys. let the pressure count. COYG

86. fatgingergooner says:

That’s a shocking challenge from Ivanovic. Tosser.

87. fatgingergooner says:

Good shout Wenger. Not much to gain from a draw with results having gone out way this week.

88. fatgingergooner says:

Boring boring Chelsea!

Or should it be efficient efficient Chelsea!

They are awful to watch.

I am so sorry Cesc. I feel ashamed of those who booed you, you deserve better than that.

90. fatgingergooner says:

Cazorla just did a Chelsea foul! Maureen will be bidding for him in the summer! 🙂

91. fatgingergooner says:

Cesc, you’re a w**ker for selling your soul to sit on Mourinho’s parked bus, but you did enough for Arsenal to earn a round of applause.

We should have won.

Waited 90 minutes to create a decent chance and Ozil air kicks.

Chav defence excellent with the execrable JT MotM.

93. arnie says:

what do you expect? a former general defects and returns as a foot-soldier (not a general) of the opposition.

Dives to try and win a penalty. How the mighty have fallen! shame shame shame.

Still, never speak ill of the DEAD! 🙂

94. arnie says:

what a chance to miss at the end. we should have won. 🙂

still, we played well. 🙂

95. Sav from Australia says:

Like that second half. Arsenal are on the up. Let us enjoy this team growing. There is a lot more to come.

Sav. Well said.

97. fatgingergooner says:

Happy with how we played and even more happy that Chelsea embarrassed themselves in the way they played.

I wonder if players will start to look at Maureen’s style of play and be put off from joining them? Look at Cuadrado rotting on the bench because Ramires and Willian are better defensively.

Anti-football Auntie Maureen!

Hi Raddy, superb PM as ever, thank you.

I missed the game on account of being at the London Marathon, but have enjoyed reading through the comments.

It sounds like exactly what might have been expected. They came to defend and be ‘efficient’ and we try to play football and succeeded to an extent but without the goal we deserved … right?

The way John Terry celebrated tells you all you need to know about Maureen, it shouldn’t be forgotten that Roman let Maureen go when he was tired of anti football, and when he returned he was supposed to bring a new way of playing, and rid Chavs of the boring tag, oh well Roman another hollow victory.

Pay all the money and go for the draw.

Like I said at half time the only way to counter is to do the same, home and away against them and force them to change style, watching them play the ball backwards when you have a free kick in the opposition half is nothing to do with game management or tactics it’s just shite football.

100. fatgingergooner says:

Exactly Rasp.

It played out as most people expected. It’s a little worrying that we know how Chelsea will play yet they can still come and do the job. What’s probably more worrying is that for all their depressing football they created the better chances.

Having said that, we played pretty well and are not as far away as the media would have us believe. Also I think Coquelin showed today he can be the answer in the DM position which is good news. I think the days of us being bullied by teams like Chelsea are long gone too. We held our own and funnily enough they also have small, skillful attackers in the likes of Hazard, Fabregas, Oscar and Willian.

Some will say Chelsea did a job, I call it depressing, anti-football that doesn’t deserve to be a reflection of the PL. If Auntie Maureen was sacked because of the way in which they won before, then it’s only a matter of time before that happens again if today is anything to go by.

101. fatgingergooner says:

GiE,

Snap!

I’d like to think some Chelsea fans will be embarrassed by what they witnessed today and last season at the Emirates, but I won’t hold my breath.

102. stevepalmer1 says:

Probably an acceptable result for both managers. Arsenal again had the right wing vacant, Bellerin tried his best but its almost impossible to play two positions at once, Ramsey again showed his lack of pace never once running the line as he just has not got what’s needed. Walcott of course came on for the last few minutes and instead of using his pace he did nothing at all.

Chelsea came not to lose and got the result they needed we on the other hand showed that our forwards are not up to the task of taking chances. Their keeper was never tested, and our players had no idea how to open them up, The right and left wings were the answer, but sadly we do not have the players.

103. Ant says:

Boring boring Chelski!

104. fatgingergooner says:

I think Chelsea allowed us the wings to a certain extent as they knew Giroud would be 2 v 1. In future, what we need to do is get to the byline and pull the ball back. The couple of times we did that led to a Cahill handball shout and a missed opportunity right at the end by Özil and Welbs. Trying to hit Girouds head ifrom deep is too precise.

It’s a difficult one though as the 2 incidents I’m referring to were crosses from our full backs, which means them getting forward and us being open to the counter which we all know happens too often. With Coquelin now bossing midfield and being as disciplined as he is though, I think we may have been over cautious with our full backs today.

105. chas mobile says:

Chelski confirmed everything negative said about them. Tedious manager, tedious team, tedious tactics: in a word, tedious.

106. fatgingergooner says:

Btw,

There is no way Oscar should’ve been allowed back on field after his collision with Ospina. He was clearly knocked out and stiffened up like a pervert judging Miss World.

In the NFL they don’t let players carry on if there is a risk of concussion and that should be the same in all sports IMO.

107. Aaron says:

Glad to be an Arsenal fan.
    Team growing into a team.
    Did not get overzealous and throw it away.
    Oscar got what he deserved, came in studs first, chest high at speed, f him!
    Now lets win the FA Cup!

Agree FGG there may have been space on the wings because that’s an area where they want us to be, they had 7 men playing inside the 18 yard box when we attacked.

I’ve got no problem with a team knowing how to defend, the problem comes when a team is lauded for it in the way our media do. “It’s up to you to break them down”. That may be true, but if in every game both teams played like Chavs we would have a very dull league which would get nowhere near the financial revenue it achieves presently.

Put it another way I preferred seeing us lose at home to Swansea than drawing with Chavs because they came to the Emirates and played us in an open entertaining game, if Swansea have the cojones to come to the a Emirates and do that why shouldn’t Chavs with their talent? Because simply they play like cowards against big teams, can’t fault their record but you can fault their approach.

109. stevepalmer1 says:

GIE, you may prefer to lose, but i would still prefer to win the league,

You are talking about a team that is 10 points clear at the top of the premier league, They wasn’t exactly wonderful today, but they had a job to do and did it remarkably well. In actual fact as far as the pundits were concerned after the game, they hardly mentioned the team they played all the talk was how well they defended and how John Terry single handedly stopped any threat.

In actual fact the only ex Arsenal legend Thiery.Henry on the panel said of the Arsenal was that it is now thirteen games that Wenger has gone without a win over Mourinho, apart from that we were not mentioned.

We were held at home to a draw, which has affectedly put us out of winning the league again. Chelsea are gaining points slowly but surly and the record book will not show who was second only the winners.

110. chas mobile says:

Cmon, Steve, Chelsea were shit. They couldn’t entertain Simon Cowell hypnotised by a dog. Their fans even held up a banner before the game which said “Ruining football since 2003” Even their own fans know it.

111. stevepalmer1 says:

I didn’t say they were good i said probable champions, Win ugly maybe but still winners.

You may have felt Arsenal were outstanding against them, i sadly was very disappointed

112. fatgingergooner says:

As much as Chelsea were terribly dull and embarrassing, that isn’t really for us to worry about I suppose.

What we need to think about is how to win trophies next season. Had we started the season with Coquelin at DM and Paulista as a CB option then I don’t think we’d be 10 points behind Chelsea.

Henry said we need 4 players to compete, but I don’t agree. One, maybe two will be enough and those don’t even need to be new players. Walcott getting back to form could be a huge boost.

We’ve won away at City and United this season aswell as a draw at Liverpool. We’ve lost once at home and have been excellent since everyone returned from injury. I think we are very close to a squad that can beat Chelsea over a 38 game season.

113. arnie says:

hands up time! who wants to win ugly? 😛

to be honest, if this is the best football that No 1 and 2 in the EPL can offer, it is a bit sad. anyway, who are we to blow against the wind. I blame the FA, though. 😦

Raddy, that was one brilliant PM. 🙂

114. IanRealGunner says:

Boring is waiting 50 years for a league title…..and then only through the blood money stolen from the Russian people

115. arnie says:

lovely Ant n’ Duck show. 🙂

116. arnie says:

To be honest, I am a bit depressed. so many of fantastic Gooners seem to persist with their love for the DEAD and the DUNT. Frankly, I find this disgraceful.

If the CEO of Microsoft were to defect to IBM, not to be a CEO but an ordinary programmer, would we be singing his/her praise? If the general of an army defects to a rival army to fight as a foot soldier, not a general, is that not a disgraceful demotion? What about teh vic-chancellor of an university?

Why should football be so different? Is football not tribal enough? Disgrace disgrace disgrace, if there ever was one?

But to be honest, I do not blame the likes of the DEAD or the DUNT. I blame the prople who chose them as captain. It was a wrong decision then, it is a wrong decision forever. 😦

117. fatgingergooner says:

Top 4, positive bank balance and exciting to watch doesn’t seem so bad after watching the game today!

118. Shard says:

Have been offline for some days now.

Good morning all.

Managed to watch the game yesterday. Despite the fact that Chelsea’s celebrations should be embarrassing to them, and that they are boring and dull to watch (Mourinho the greatest coach in the world because he takes flair players and makes them into water carriers, and if they don’t like it, tough, I’ll just go out and spend another 50m to replace you) , I actually enjoyed the game.

Both teams played a good tactical game, and there was plenty of quality on display. The media bleat on about penalties for Chelsea, but both Oscar and Cesc were clear dives (funny how it turns into a question of contact when Chelsea players dive, but a contact sport when Arsenal players get kicked in the head or in the back of the thigh) and while I feel Ospina on Oscar should’ve been a penalty, those fouls when the player has shot and is clattered are almost never given.

I think this is the second time this season that Chelsea have allowed a concussed player to carry on playing for a while. Either their doctors are incompetent, or they simply don’t care about the players’ well being.

119. Shard says:

I’m surprised Cesc Fabregas gets a positive reaction from some Arsenal fans. As if the manner of his leaving wasn’t enough, he showed exactly how much love he has for Arsenal when he chose to dive to try and win a penalty. But I suppose love makes us blind sometimes.

You know I think Maureen screwed up Cescs removal, I bet he hoped that there was a crescendo of boos all the way to touch line so it gave him a tool to use to get Cesc closer, but what happened in the end was a bit of mutual appreciation.

I’m not sure I would have booed but I also don’t think I would have clapped, just silence.

Shard
    “love makes us blind”
    I believe you are referring to self-love

As for the game
    I’m ok with a point. Wasn’t surprised or cross to see empty seats. I wouldn’t bother going to watch Chelsea and the game was exactly as expected. They have some great footballers who occasionally do some brilliant things, but the rest…. 😦

Trying to break down the Chelski bus…

Ospina leaping to punch away a corner…

No way a dog could do that 🙂

Damn those cats are good

I reckon that Ishaan Tharoor bloke is a bit picky, don’t you?
    Definitely a Leftie. Talking of which, Morning Big 🙂

ps Raddy: I promise to back off the getting-boring-now leftie hippy shit soon. Just not yet 🙂

BR loves it.

A happy but simple fellow

I clapped him off. I still can’t understand why he was wearing a silly blue shirt.

Yes, Denile is a river in Egypt.

Yeah, but trying to make him hate himself for his betrayal, weren’t you, LB?

Damn, the timing on that was all wrong. The Dog is happy and simple, not The Hippy. He’s drugged up.

I don’t know how some of you can say that we could have won that game. Come on, there were 2 potentially 3 penalties against us. I thought we were lucky to draw.

Chavs are boring, but very effective. There is no way on this earth I’d want trophies playing like that. there is no joy watching them and some of their fans know it – I know one Chav that hates Roman and his side kick Jose. But then again I know many Gunners who hate AW

[video src="https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CDXfuyVWAAAF6F4.mp4" /]

Eddie

“I know one Chav that hates Roman and his side kick Jose. But then again I know many Gunners who hate AW”

Excellent point. I also have a Chav mate who gave up going to see them altogether and now goes to Fulham.

As a Football Club, Arsenal always have the option to oil up and go for a results-at-any-cost style of football.

Some people, like the bloke from LeGrove, quit going to Arsenal because we don’t, I’d quit if we did (not that anyone would notice my absence. Three appearences all season 😦 )

Can’t believe this is true but funny nevertheless.

Eddie. No-one on AA apart from you does impartial. We should have had 2 blatant penalties. Chavs had none and were lucky not to finish with 9 men.

Jumping cats. Who would have thought it?

LB arriving home from The Pins 🙂

Raddy 🙂 TH14 tried being unbiased yesterday when asked his opinion on penalties. He did well, bless him 🙂

micky darling – cats do what’s only natural to them. Try teaching a cat to ‘give me five’ or walk to heel, good luck!
    Then again I tried to teach my staffie to bark or growl, what a waste of time. He is so happy that any idea of showing anger or aggression appals him

Fabregas diving in the box

rasp – did your son finish the marathon yesterday? Are congrats in order?

Oh God, that could be the best ever cat vid 🙂 🙂

Chas,

That cannot be Fabregas diving in the box — the cat is brilliant at cheating. 😉

By the way, when you commented at 7:22 last night, were you trying to say that the Chavs were tedious, or something? 🙂

Eddie
    Dogs have Masters
    Cats have Servants
    🙂

Dogs love
    Cats disdain

Dogs are wonderful
    Cats are shit

Perhaps we have done this before 🙂

148. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    A very sunny start of the day here, bit chilly but the news on the tele is pretty sad . Earth quakes have been devastating, and people have died. The UK aid has been busy, and are sending out all kinds of aid. Makes games of football seem unimportant some how, but life goes on.

The big game went ahead and thousands went and millions watched, It was a game of the two giant football clubs in the Premier league Arsenal and Chelsea. Two English clubs run by foreign owners two foreign Managers with many foreign players on both sides.

The game itself had its moments, chances for both sides but it has to be said that the game was played in good spirits, shows that people can get on even when they are different races.

Two Managers who seem to dislike one another, was able to keep themselves apart without any conflict and managed to control their emotions.

The game was a cagey affair where Chelsea needed not to lose and Arsenal had to win, the game started with both sides who looked evenly matched, Both having early chances but really just feeling one another out.

This match turned out to be a pretty dull affair where both sides looked more scared of losing than they were of trying to win, a draw was perhaps a better result for Chelsea than it was for Arsenal. as Arsenal’s only chance left was to pressure the league leaders.

Law of averages now dictate that Chelsea will be this years League Champions while Arsenal can only hope for a Runner up position. Arsenal are also finalists of the FA cup with Aston Villa who are also hoping to win this cup as well.

Arsenal supporters will no doubt be more upset with a draw than Chelsea supporters, as their chances of a league cup win is virtually over for another season.

Both clubs have very good history, and this seasons end could well see both clubs adding more trophies. The chasing pack are still capable of upsetting the final results, but after all that is the point of having many other clubs involved.

The final results are in both clubs own hands. The season has had many ups and downs, but at the end of the day a team with a ten point lead have been the more consistent.

This game started with a minutes silence for the disaster at Bradford where many lost their lives, The Earthquake where many others have also lost their lives just goes to show that many many people have much much more on their minds than a football match.

I like both cats and dogs, but cats are really not terribly clever, it’s an urban myth.
    Good news for cat lovers – lynx are to be reintroduced to the wild in this country! We have lynx in Poland, very handsome pussies

Steve. No arguing with that comment apart from your view of the game.

I thought the first half was very entertaining, filled with skill, controlled aggression and tactical awareness

Raddy
    “Perhaps we have done this before”
    Yes, but we love it, and it works every time 🙂

Morning Eddie, he picked up an injury at 18 miles and that slowed his progress but he still finished in 3hrs 19min thank you. And thank you to the person on AA who was so generous with their sponsorship too 😀

my neighbour’s mother stole my cat last week!! She thought my Lilly La La was her daughter’s Alice and took her off the street!! My neighbour was shocked to find Lilly in her bedroom and Alice meowing her head off in the garden 🙂 See, dogs would never do that. I tried ‘losing’ a dog once, he kept coming back home 🙂

great Valentine’s video

155. Shard says:

The only reason I would boo Fabregas would be if it threw him off his game. I’m quite indifferent to him otherwise, though it annoys me that he gets so much love by some Arsenal fans after the way he left.

Self love, Micky. Does jacking off count as self love, and are the extremist puritans right? 🙂

What happened to Gabriel yesterday? Why wasn’t he in the squad? And neither was Callum Chambers. Are they both injured? When was the last time Chambers played? Anyway, hopefully we secure second and win the FA Cup (I don’t think it’ll be easy) Not much else left this season, but that’s a hell of a lot more than most other clubs can say.

On Cesc, my main feeling is that I’ve lost a little bit more faith in human nature. I wouldn’t have booed and I probably would have clapped him off (unless I really believed he had dived earlier).

I think Barca are the most to blame for Cesc’s predicament. They got into his head and used him as a political pawn and ruthlessly despatched him when it served their purposes. When we didn’t want him back he had to go somewhere – shame it was the chavs and it does appear that some of their dirt has stuck to him 😦

157. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning Raddy, Yes we all see different things in a game of football, I’m sure had Ozil or Welbs been able to turn that last gasp effort into the waiting net i may have had a different view. 🙂

158. stevepalmer1 says:

What did surprise me was how we controlled Hazard, Now he is a player i admire, but i can honestly say he was a big disappointment, not that i’m moaning of course.

Anyone want to write anything about the bore draw?

Hang on Shard, I need my specs to read that comment 🙂

Great news your son finished Rasp.

Ok, alright, give me five and I’ll pen a paragraph

162. Oooh a micky special, thanks 🙂

sent

Certainly not a special Dear 😦

165. On it ……………..

166. New Post everyone ……………………….