Milner to Arsenal?

My first thought was “really?” I am sure yours was along the lines of “The Sun journalists are doing their usual” that is working to the agenda of a rapacious player agent, but could there be anything in this rumour?

James Milner is 29, an England International and a man coming to the end of his lucrative contract at City. It is reported that his intention is to move to London with Arsenal being his chosen destination. He has 53 caps, scoring only one goal. Milner has been at City for 5 years winning the PL title twice, and both the domestic cups. City paid €32m for him in 2010, the year he won the PL Young Player of the Season award.

Unknown

What does Milner offer? He can play on both sides of the pitch, has played full back, midfield and on the wings for MC, he has enormous energy, is a fine crosser, can tackle and is an intelligent, tactically aware player. Not the fastest but has adequate pace.

Why buy him? A multi-purpose player with a wealth of experience and above all English.

Probability? Mr Wenger is a long-term admirer. Milner reminds me of Ray Parlour –  a player whom Mr Wenger set much store by and one he has tried to replace many times. Arteta is creaking, Flamini likely to be sold, Diaby  – who knows? – so we could use another mature presence.

If (huge if) Wilshire leaves in summer we have a space in the squad, though  The Ox is a younger more dynamic version of Milner. Gnabry is coming through the ranks and is already an established German U-21 international; he will want first team action.

Theo may be sold which would reduce the number of English players in the squad.

However, we already have Ramsey, The Ox, Alexis, Gnabry, Rosicky, Arteta, Wilshire and the upcoming Crowley who can play in Milner’s chosen position.

BR’s Opinion.? More Sun bolleaux

written by Big Raddy

80 Responses to Milner to Arsenal?

Thanks Raddy, I feel the same way about Milner as I did before we signed Welby. I was wrong about Welby, he is a much better player than I had thought and an excellent addition to the squad.

I would expect to be equally pleasantly surprised if we signed Milner. He has the work rate of Sanchez and Welby, but like Welby he’d have to be prepared to watch some games from the bench as I see him as back up/alternating with Le Coq.

Incidentally, the midfielder that is most likely to leave in the summer is Santi. I suspect he and Arsene have a gentleman’s agreement and Santi wants to finish his career in Spain.

2. ‘morning all,

A good question BR, there are currently no vacancies in our squad for just another midfielder of the all purpose variety. What we will need when Arteta, Rosicky, Flamini and Diaby finally leave is a player such as Milner but a bit younger.

We have aspirations to being a “big” club, snapping up ageing players looking for a lucrative boost to their pension plot doesn’t sound like the way forward to me.

Whilst it may well be more Sun Bolleaux, there could be a hint of truth in the rumour, anyone with the choice would obviously rather locate themselves in the Capital than remain in the environs of Manchester.

It’s probably kite flying on the part of Milner’s agent, to mix metaphors, run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes. 😀

Rasp. Good point about Santi (whom I completely forgot about!!) – I just hope he stays.

NG. We don’t have “aspirations”. We are The Arsenal 🙂

4. Quite right BR, but the sentiment remains the same. ;D

5. brizzleGunner says:

I’d like to see Milner at the club, he could mentor Wilshere and Cowley etc. He could play the Arteta role, I.e. a deep lying playmaker or something like that with Coquelin being the proper DM.

Santi will stay another season at least I think, he’s playing some fantastic football at the moment and still has a couple of years at the top

If I were to go into fantasy mode, we’d let Arteta (with a big thank you) Flamini and Rosicky go and bring in Pogba. He is genuinely box to box and defends like a beast – the closest thing to a Vieira replacement.

7. fatgingergooner says:

With Rosicky, Arteta and Flamini nearing the end of their Arsenal careers I think there may be room for Milner in the squad. He’s home grown and a very useful player who works his tail off during matches. On a free transfer its a bargain.

Just seen Klopp may be leaving Dortmund. I wonder if City will be his destination? More importantly, I wonder how many of their squad we can buy on the cheap!?

Thanks Raddy, Milner is an interesting one. It seems my view is the same as many on here that on an individual basis I like Milner and feel he is good enough to play for us and think he is a tad under-rated. I do however struggle to see where the opening is for him even if a big clear out takes place.

I do think we should keep TR7 as an experienced back-up player. Being able to call upon someone like him can be the difference between the few points at the end of a season that separates the champions and second placed team.

If we let Arteta and Flamini go and even if Santi is off we still have options from the Ox, Rosicky, Wilshere and Ramsey alongside Le Coq. Each of those 4 could also do a job further forward if Ozil is out. Having said that with our injury history can we ever have too many? 🙂

Back to Milner, I have often thought that his adaptability has stopped him playing his best role on a regular basis. I think he could have become a high class CM if not utilised out wide as much. He falls into the Beckham and Bentley (yes he did have great promise at one point) category for me, of being able to play wide and put a decent ball in, but in reality having the better skill set for a CM. We don’t really need another CM who can play wide if needed.

I won’t say any more because I am attempting to get a post into Don Raspioni later on and don’t want to clash with anything that may be in it.

9. RC78 says:

A) MILNER

– He is appartenly going to Liverpool so the chances of us landing him are close to nil…

– That said – we can have room for him and should make room for him. He is such an undervalued player – he is one of the few players that can perform consitantly around the pitch as Defensive Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Wide-Midfielder and Forward…He has a great engine and passion as well. Let us say we ditch Flamini for sure, I would say that we should sell Rosicky and/or Arteta to make space for Milner. He would be a great team player and would definitely push Ox, Ramsey and Wilshere to get better because otherwise, he would just become a starter for sure…

Ox, Bender (?), Ramsey vs Milner, Coquelin, Cazorla

Plus Wilshere – now, this would be among the Top 4 strongest midfield in the EPL for sure and we would even have the edge in terms of quality of passing and ability to go passed opponents and create chances…

Anyways – for me, we should pursue him and make space for him

B) DORTMUND
    Dortmund indeed requested contract resilitation…He will get it and he will fly to either Man City or Real Madrid.

If Real Madrid fires Ancelotti, Ancelotti will come to City while Klopp joins Real.

If Real Madrid keeps Klopp, Klopp will go to City.

I am not sure who would leave Dortmund then – it will largely depend on the new coach…

10. Everything wrong about him
    1. He’s 29. Wenger likes them young, so not gonna happen
    2. He’s not your typical arsenal player. Using Ray Parlour as an example is not valid because Ray played a long time with arsenal before Wenger improved him later in his career. Milner on the other hand is not the type of player we need
    3. We are already overloaded with attacking midfielders we might just have to sell to create space for newcomers.
    4. He’s a c*nt. OK, thats not a fair reason to disqualify him, but really, do we need a 29 year old who is already earning enough at Man City to come in for another paycheck when we can buy a 25 year old that will fit in perfectly or promote from within?

11. eoin2211 says:

Walcott, Cazorla, Rosicky, Arteta, Diaby are all doubts for next season. On top of that Ramsey, Wilshere and Chamberlain are all a bit injury prone. I don’t see why the free signing of Milner would be anything other than a plus. He’s been one of City’s better performers, is versatile and is certainly not a washed up act.

Raddy,

You have set me a poser – how to say ‘no thanks’ to Milner without being scatological.

I have not read other comments yet, so I could be on my own here, but these pleas of “buy me for a huge salary, because I have run down my contract, and I am looking for a nice boost to my pension’ from ageing players leave me cold.

For those of you who enjoy Shakespeare, these players coming towards the end of their careers remind me of the demise of Ophelia in Hamlet when, in some interpretations, she commits suicide by drowning, and another character throws her a rope in case she wants to grab it and be rescued.

Arsenal are not an old players care home or charity – so I will say it again, thanks Milner but no thanks.

For many Arsenal fans all first team players are ‘good’ – all squad players are ‘good’ – and that might be true-ish — but there is always room for improvement – and if we are aspiring to be a top team in the EPL and in Europe, which we are not yet, then we must go for the best players we can afford, and not go for poorer quality simply because a player is cheap and in the twilight of their careers.

Amen. 🙂

13. What’s this about Milner being a free signing? There’s no such thing!

Milner will demand a wage that will be in the region of £150,000 per week. That’s an eye watering £7.8 million a year, on top of whatever his agent can screw out of the club in the way of a signing on fee, certainly no less than £10 million.

At twenty-nine he would want a three year contract bringing his total cost to something in the region of £24.400.000. At the end of his contract he would be worthless as he could then leave on a Bosman.

Free signing my a**e !!

14. Shard says:

Milner for Rosicky is possible I suppose. Much as I’d like to keep hold of him, he did say recently that he thought of moving in January and would like to be playing more. So he’ll probably leave.

Flamini will leave for sure. I think Arteta will stay (and there are reports he’s signed an extension) And I really find myself hoping Diaby will stay fit till the end of this season and then sign a pay-as-you-play deal. If nothing else it’ll be fun at how much it pisses off some people.

Santi will not be sold unless there is a huge offer. Replacing him will not be easy, and will cost big bucks, so that is not going to happen. Not this summer.

I think Milner will be our backup option for a midfielder, and that we’re looking at someone more blockbuster in that position. Yes, I know, Coquelin, but I think Arteta and Coq’s skillset combined is what we’re looking for to help us win the Champions League. Maybe someone like Schneiderlin, Gundogan, or Javi Martinez if he recovers from his injury and Bayern are willing to let him go.

15. fatgingergooner says:

What would Milner actually cost Arsenal? No transfer fee, probably a signing on fee and wages. Even if he’s given a 4 year contract, it doesn’t mean he has to see it out. Surely at 31/32 he would still be worth a couple of million anyway so you are getting a large chunk of outlay back.

If he was at Arsenal for 2 years offering cover to Coquelin and giving players like Zelalem and Gnabry time to develop then it’s all good.

He wouldn’t be my first choice midfield signing, but that doesn’t mean he’d be a poor one.

FGG,

The fact you feel the need to reassure us he would not be a ‘poor signing’ says it all for me.

We should be signing quality players like Özil or Sanchez all the time now, and saying ‘they will be great players’ – and not someone else’s ageing cast offs.

I am not specifically picking on you, of course, but it is a mentality that has crept up on many supporters that somehow it is OK to buy in Poundland and be grateful for what we can get, because we did that for many years.

You will not find the top clubs throwing their hats in the ring for him – and neither should we.

Enn Gee,

I think I covered your 1:30 comment at 1:24, when I said, “buy me for a huge salary, because I have run down my contract, and I am looking for a nice boost to my pension’.

Do keep up, Mr Chairman. 🙂

18. RA, I have a very slow keyboard finger. I started composing my comment at 1.15 but was obviously overtaken by a high speed RA.

Still, it’s nice to know how well we are in tune with each others thoughts. 😀

And not only that, NG, I completely agree with your 10:02. 🙂

You sure that you are not reading my mind — anyway, I will probably put my turkey tinfoil hat back on – just in case!

20. fatgingergooner says:

RA,

Fair point, but I don’t agree with all of it.

Only Real Madrid, City and PSG can afford for every signing to be a £20m+ player, we cannot. At best we can afford 1 of these world class players every 12 months, and we should definately continue to do that, but if we were to lose 3 or 4 midfielders this summer (Rosicky, Arteta, Flamini, Walcott, Podolski, Diaby all possible exits) then 1 player would not fill the gap, no matter how good they are.

Milner has arguably been City’s most consistent performer this year and all the noise coming from them was that they really wanted him to stay. Hardly a cast-off.

If we could get him for £100k a week on a 3 year deal then I would argue that he’d be a useful addition. It doesn’t mean we lack ambition or that we can’t also sign a world class £20m+ player.

Shard.

Hope all is a well and you are enjoying the start of the IPL as much as our unbeaten run.

If Milner comes then he would be a good addition but I would prefer a stellar signing at DM or GK.

I understand, FGG, and all I meant was that I am hoping the past limitations on player purchases was behind us.

The problem with expressing my desire for top players tends to get obscured when quality judgements regarding ‘cast-offs’ or ‘free’ are used (by me) as it implies that provided we pay £20m + for a player that is OK – but that was not what I meant.

Taking Gabriel for example, I think he was a quality buy – for a young player who can only get better, and for a reasonably small transfer fee (when you say it quick) 🙂

And did I say that I just do not rate Milner – never have and never will – and that obviously colours my thought process too. 🙂

That’s not to say you are wrong in your thinking – and if it comes to pass, I will just have to say well done – thru gritted teeth. 🙂

23. Shard says:

Hi BR

I’ve really missed being on here, but starting a new career, learning the ropes, takes a lot of time and energy. Too distracted to stay on AA and refresh the page throughout the day, so just stayed away (Yes, I’m a poet)

Arsenal’s recent run has been great and I hope I don’t jinx it by coming back on here, but today seemed a decent time to dive back in 🙂

Aah, the IPL. Sorry to disappoint you, but I don’t watch it. I don’t watch much cricket in fact. The World Cup was fun. I might catch the odd game here and there, but the IPL is a strict no-no for me. The TV companies seem to think the viewer is there to watch ads interspersed by some cricket and even while the game is on, the screen is meant to be a giant virtual billboard with a tiny cricket viewing porthole. I tried watching it many years ago and decided it wasn’t worth it. Don’t feel like I’m missing anything.

24. Shard says:

Of all the best laid plans.. Work beckons.. Back later.

25. fatgingergooner says:

RA,

I’m definately with you in hoping that we now shop at the top table rather than the bargain bins.

I do think though that whilst Wenger is in charge of signings, we will still be picking up the odd thing from the charity shop!

Sun bollix is about right. No chance of us landing boring, boring Milner. Shame, because he has a great square jaw 🙂

He is an honest player, with only 1 red card. Wenger would like that

It could be an exodus this summer. I can see Walcott, wilshere, Arteta, Rosicky and even Santi leaving. We will no longer be overloaded with midfielders

27. FGG, re your 2.43, “Rosicky, Arteta, Flamini, Walcott, Podolski, Diaby all possible exits” we’ve been without most of them for most, if not all, of the season so far. they wouldn’t take a lot of replacing would they?

28. Eddie can you really bring yourself to mention the fact that Santi could be leaving? Have you fallen out of love with Santiago Cazorla González? 😀

NG – that is true for as long as the rest of the squad is not injured, like now. Add a couple of injuries to the key players and you need to bench warmers to fill in each gap

30. The Cockie Monster says:

A very capable player, but unless he`s going to cost us £30M+……then I`m not interested !.

31. Edde, I take your point but as several of the players I mentioned are on the F.I.L. (Frequently Injured List) would we not be better to release them, buy one or two quality replacements and fill the rest of the vacancies with our own Young Guns? Kristian Bielik, for instance?

Cocky. Good thinking

Klopp to MC? Or perhaps Real and Ancelotti to MC.

Shame I would have loved to see him at AFC but with AW staying until 2016/17 it is unlikely he will ever manage the finest club in world football – instead he will have to go to Barca or RM

34. fatgingergooner says:

I’m just glad nobody mentioned Tom Cleverley is available on a free in the summer 🙂

Not overly bothered about Klopp. He’s an excellent manager but we already have one of those. Maybe in a few years he will be available when we have a vacancy.

What will be interesting is which Dortmund players will be up for grabs.

Subotic
    Hummels
    Bender
    Gundogan
    Reus
    Mkhitaryan

All very good players who could add something to our squad.

Cheers, BR.
    I’m not sure about Milner at all, but that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be a good buy. 🙂

Cocky Doodle,

I will see your £30m + and raise you another £10m +

That that. 🙂

No Raddy, but thanks for the written thought anyway 🙂

We were a bit better at the start of the season because we added Sanchez. Then, at half term, we added Coquelin and got a bit betterer still.

Both upgrades on what we had. Milner would not be a first choice in any position, and to improve we need better than we have.

Off back outside
    ’till dawn

39. The Cockie Monster says:

Driving through Truro yesterday I saw this geezer walking up the main road wearing a red boiler suit pulling an 8ft wooden cross attached to two wheels and strapped to his back !. He was waving at all the drivers passing him !…..Jesus Christ I thought, he`s going to get crucified when he passes the building site up the road !….and just thought what a fcukng nut case !.
    As time passed I thought….. is he a nut case ?…..I mean look at us !….are we not inmates of the Arsenal Asylum ?.
    I thought back to when I first moved to my current house in Cornwall and wondered are they currents or raisins ?.
    I moved here in November of 2002 ….a great year to be in the Arsenal Asylum, we were the current ( raisin two cups ) double holders !. As a few know, I do a bit of running, but few know that my running was just as much an ingredient to Arsenal winning trophies as Arsene Wenger`s management !.
    You see my fellow Gooners….I`m also a superstitious Gooner and my important part in the success of our club is down to me running a 4 mile circuit around the village, but !….for us to win a trophy, I have to run this 4 mile circuit in day light without coming across a motor vehicle, either coming towards me or passing me !…..not only that, but I have to jump over 6 sets of double white lines at the end of lane junctions on the run !. Not only that, but I have to touch 2 sets of place signs at two junctions four times each whilst shouting ….”come on Arsenal each time ! “.
    This is not an easy thing to do as there is a one 1 mile stretch of this course which is quite busy !….but trophies don’t come easy so the superstition had to be a hard task otherwise we would win every single trophy every year and I would be elated to some kind of Dennis like status !.
    Now I do this run 4 times a week and thanks to me I managed to do this run without meeting an automobile once in early 2003 and we went on to win the FA Cup 1-0 against Southampton !. I wrote to Arsenal FC telling them of my part in our FA Cup glory and received a personnel letter from the clubs psychiatrist thanking me for part in our win .
    Still being quite fit I managed to do another successful run in 2004 and we ( I say we as it was my superstitious run on behalf of Arsenal FC that made me feel part of the club, although I was not paid any numeration ! ) won the league undefeated !…..and another thank you from the Quack !.
    Next up I managed to just sneak another Automobiless run in 2005….just by the skin on my teeth as I was nearly over taken by the village nutter on his mobility scooter ( more about him later ! ), I just managed to dive over into my driveway as he was about to try and overtake me !, it was close and probably why we won the 2005 FA Cup on penalties !.
    The village nutter was the son of a couple who had which was considered a unhealthy relationship during the war !..the father was a captured German pilot by the name of Adolf Schun and was made to work the fields along with the land girls to provide food for the troops, the mother was an alleged Nazi sympathiser by the name of Ada Itler who just happened to be a hairy lipped woman who wore swastika knuckle dusters as the forewoman of the grain store.
    So not enough evidence to have her arrested, any way to cut it short…… Ada and Adolf had an affair and the village idiot was the result !….a baby boy born with the rare condition of Priapism !. Now these two may have been Nazi spies but that didn’t stop them having a sense of humour and they fittingly named the child …..Ivor Eric Schun !.
    In 2006 I was trying hardest to try and do my run without being passed by a car and got to the point where I was getting worried that I would fail and we would not win a cup !. I wrote a letter to the Arsenal psychiatrist saying that the seeing as Ivor Eric Schun was on an electric mobility scooter would that count ?. Could I get away with only him passing me ?. No reply !
    I was now running 7 days a week to try and win us a trophy and had to put up with drivers calling me a nutter as I swore at cars passing me !…I was desperate !….I managed to get a run in on the day of the Champions League Final and was jumping for joy as I was about a 100M from my gate and got cocky and tried to “moon walk” the last yards only to stumble over and look up in terror as the Prince of Priapism passed me !….we lost the CL Final because of my moonwalk !. Jackson you bastard !
    2007 was a bad year as well for my superstitious runs…..Ivor Eric Schun had a new partner in crime !…Ethel !….they met on a website !…something like….Mobility Sex…just plug in and go !.
    She had …”Ethel`s Angel”…. printed on her scooter and they used to ride along side by side terrorising me in my pursuit of trophies for Arsenal.
    I managed one run where I thought I had got a “clean” run, only for them to pull out of my drive to add insult !. we lost to the Chavs in the League Cup !.
    I tried having them done for stalking me by phoning the police and asking them to take a restraining order out on them so I could carry on in peace in my pursuit of trophies for Arsenal FC !…I explained how the had lost us the CL and League Cup finals and even sent a copy of my letter from Arsenals psychiatrist !….but unbelievably the police said I would be sent for evaluation if I pestered them any more !…idiots !.
    I was getting more injuries and running less frequently and thus we had some barren years in the trophy department. Then in 2011, I heard that Ethel`s Angel and Ivor Eric Schun had passed away in a tragic mobility accident involving sex on a scooter whilst it was being charged and a freak surge in power caused them to be electrocuted !…..I attended the funeral by running past the cemetery and shouting hooray !…hooray !…hooray !…..the bastards are dead, time for some trophies !…..we love you Arsenal we do !………I was overtaken by their Hearst and we lost to Birmingham in the League Cup Final !.
    A few more barren years as I tried to get over my injures and it`s kind of ironic that we moan about our luck with injuries for not winning anything, but it`s more down to my injuries for not winning !.
    I needed to put it right, I bought a running machine and ignored my doctor telling me to give up running due to scar tissue on a calf and set about a gradual build up of muscle and taking time to heal.
    Last year I managed one run without a vehicle insight and we won the FA Cup !. This year before the Manshafter quarter final I managed another clear run, so take it from me….I have won us another trophy !….We will be 2015 FA Cup winners !.
    Now !…..if we don’t manage to win a trophy, I will have to re-evaluate my superstitions !………and probably have to go and clean the abusive graffiti off of Ivor Eric Schun and Ethel`s grave stone !.

Anyone else as superstitious as me where Arsenal are concerned ?.

40. The Cockie Monster says:

Fcuk ! …..that was a long one from me !. hahaha

Could be a post ?.

Cocky. Keep running!

Milner, really? Clever idea though.

It’s the Santi call that caught my attention.

I think people maybe forgetting one thing — money; that’s to say, the huge mountain he earns at THOF, only Real Madrid and Barcelona have the spending power to match the kind of wages we pay him and gone are the days when he might have played for one of them. Below those two in Spain we are talking about the equivalent spending power of Fulham.

Cazorla will always have a chance to play in Spain again but he aint going nowhere until he’s pushed.

Just seen the article that Cazorla would like to return to Real Oviedo before he retires.

OK folks for those who don’t know that part of the world, Oviedo is in Asturias, I would say that it is the equivalent to Wales; in fact, it has a similarity in that the Prince or Princes of Wales becomes the King or Queen of England and the Prince or Princess of Asturias become the king or queen of Spain.

So, think Ramsey: I am sure he will announce that one day he would like to play for Cardiff again but is he going to give up his hundred thou a week to go and get paid twenty five grand a year before he has to — I don’t think so.

Evening all, Munich losing 3-1 in Porto…. Bloody ell.

Milner…… well similar age to when we signed Arteta, only last season some fans were upset we didn’t sign Barry?!?!? So why not Milner? Puts in a shift, is English (and therfrefore a feather in the home grown cap, could easily replace Arteta and Flamster. Has experience of winning title run ins, seems like the only player at Shitty still bothered.

Would he be on mega bucks at City? Probably signed right at the start of the revolution before the money for really silly, and I remember watching an Agents and Players documentary from years back and Milner used the PFA in all his negotiations, not any high flung commission hungry agent, might not still be the case but he has never seem anything other than an honest footballer.

PSC losing 3:0 at home to Suarez. ooops, it’s 3:1 now 🙂
    I can see Klopp going to Paris this summer

Arsenal: Wellington Silva finally given right to play in England

Wellington Silva has been cleared to play for Arsenal – four years after signing for the club.

The 22-year-old Brazilian, who was 18 when he joined the Premier League side in January 2011, has never been granted a work permit to play in England.

He has had five loan spells with different Spanish clubs and is currently at Almeria.

But the striker has tweeted a picture of his new Spanish passport, which will allow him to represent the Gunners.

“The good thing is slow in coming, but arrives with the greatest satisfaction in the world,” he tweeted.

Silva arrived from Brazilian side Fluminense for a reported £3.5m fee. The former Brazil Under-21 forward will now be able to figure in Arsene Wenger’s pre-season plans, after acquiring nationality of a European Union nation.

All non-EU players require a work permit to play in England, but must have featured in at least 75% of their home nation’s competitive internationals in the two years preceding the application.

A club can appeal against a rejected application, based on the player’s skill and experience – as Chelsea did successfully when signing Brazilian midfielder Willian from Anzhi Makhachkala in 2013.

In the event of an appeal, an FA panel decides whether the player’s ability is of a high enough calibre and whether they can contribute significantly to the development of the English game.

I know we don’t do politics but GN5 that is as good a reason as any not to vote for UKIP the end of EU citizens being free from work permit requirements 😀

Seriously what kind of landscape would the PL be if it was all Shawcross and Barton types and worse still Delaps!!!!

Eddie…… Klopp to PSG makes some sense although he strikes me as a more down to earth manager less inclined to pander to egos than is required there. If I was to suggest any in the PL I would’ve worried if I was Rodgers or Pochetinno and possibly Pellegrini, although again I think for similar reasons toPSG that could be a nonstarter.

Now here’s a thought, supposing Arsene felt Klopp was a good long term fit for the club and assuming he loves the club and cares about its future and assuming this is his last contract, if he bags another FA Cup in May could it be he would consider making way to allow Arsenal to secure Klopp? Personally I’ve always rated him but Dortmund has been hampered by spending power, he has asked players to run through walls for him and a combination of injury and failure to hold on to players has led to their decline this season. Having said all that wherever he goes next he will have the burden of expectation that he hasn’t had when joining a club before, when he became manager of Dortnund he had area years grace to clear out and rebuild, would any of the top 7 allow that?

Colder than a witches tit this morning – winds from the North.

Micky. Surfs Up?

chas. One of NB’s?

😀 😀

Can you tell me why the FAC semi kicks off 10 minutes before the Chav/Mu game? At 17.20!

Because the idiots that run football via TV scheduling are all mad.

“and worse still Delap” – what is this supposed to mean???!!!

GiE – Arsene will not leave before the end of his contract, another FA cup or not. He wants the CL cup, and if we didn’t feck up with Monaco…..no, that would happen anyway. I watched Barca game last night, oh dear dear dear – Messi,,Suarez and Neymar up front – no team can match that,

I collected those cards. Wonder where they are now.

When I moved over here I sold all my memorabilia on Ebay. Paid for a trip around the world for two (almost)!

Eddie. I think you are wrong. AW would always put the club ahead of his own ambitions. If he thinks Klopp or someone else can take AFC forward and do a better job than he can then he will step aside.

you’ve been smoking ganga again 🙂 What makes you think that Wenger puts the club ahead of his own ego? He has been accused of being a despot, control freak and egotist, and there is no smoke without fire – I’d say Le Boss has a flow or two to his otherwise impeccable character

I thought George Johnston was John Roberts before I looked at the names.

I’ve never been one for collecting.
    I loved looking at some of the bits we unearthed when sorting out my old man’s stuff, but I couldn’t imagine keeping it in a cupboard somewhere.

The picture of Rory tells us all we need to know about Eddie’s judgement 😀

ok, he has ears like an elephant, but blue eyes, square jaw and fab body make Rory a very, very, VERY attractive man

see! a very attractive face 🙂 I knew, I just knew you are looking for photos to ridicule Rory, you are such a monster!

Does anybody else think that Barca will win the CL this year again?

Happy Birthday, Freddie.
    Thanks for 2002. 🙂

(that DB10 assist versus Bolton – purr, purr)

Morning all. Great pics and vids Chas as per norm. In that last bit in the F.A cup final against Chavs is that a young Terry that Freddie out-muscles and leaves sprawled on the ground? It did look like him but not sure if he was around then.

Bloody love the Romanian Fans behind the Lino

Bloody love LB’s Santi to Wales analogy

Wow, off to check last nights’ scores

Bloody hell, wish I’d watched football last night. Fantastic

We have a New Post …………………….