Your Arsenal Life. Depressing?

Seeing the Rich Kids from Monte Carlo lining up against The Young Boys from Turin this week really cheeses me off. Then I note that some blokes from a fortified wine growing region of Portugal are hosting The Bavarians, and suddenly the blood begins to boil.

However, what really makes me very most vexest of all, is seeing two teams lining up in Madrid. That was MY spring break right there. Either Team. Not bothered. Preferred Real, but whatever.

Just penning those two short paragraphs may give the impression I am an angry doomer. I am not. I am a happy person and all is well. I am, however, slightly concerned that a good many Gunners are more sensitive than I. Mood swingers, if you like. All is rosy then wallop, one Cup defeat, one League defeat and suddenly Arsenaldom is an unbearable hellhole.

How utterly depressed are you that Our Boys are not lining up tonight?

I am not depressed at all, just bloody furious, thatโ€™s all.

MickyDidIt89

Ed: I’ve added this poll – just for amusement value ๐Ÿ™‚

119 Responses to Your Arsenal Life. Depressing?

Lovely little teaser Micky ๐Ÿ˜€

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve added a poll – everyone loves a poll ๐Ÿ™‚

“Satisfied” ha ha ha

Anderlecht and Monaco at home were in the “none of the above” category ๐Ÿ™‚

Really, it was an awful campaign, and we had the best possible draws

Ok, let’s look at the bright side.

It’s helped us on the match congestion issue and as a result we’re getting back to a fully fit squad.

We were never going to win it, so at least we can relax and enjoy watching. Well, I won’t, because I’ll be bbq’ing tonight ๐Ÿ™‚

After reading that, how could anyone think that Micky was an angry doomer, upset with everything??

You should see him when he is angry — when Chas doesn’t get him a ticket and bollix. ๐Ÿ™‚

Harking back to the Henri Winter article, I could not see anything egregious with what he said.

Arsene himself admitted that before his success on returning from Charlton, that it was likely that Le Coq would be leaving in June, when his contract expired – the fate of all loanees it seems.

Winter did, of course, use some flowery language — but none of on here do that, so it is all foreign to us. ๐Ÿ™‚

Nonchalant!!!!

Yes I voted “none of the above” because I’m not allowed to use my usual day-to-day language on here, but “nonchalant”!!

How can you go through life being calm and indifferent about anything. Everything is black and white, good or bad, but never ok

What other descriptors would you have liked to have been in the list Micky?

Anyone who votes ‘None of the above’ has to tell us what word they would have voted for …. It’s a new rule I just made up ๐Ÿ™‚

Numb?
    nonplussed?
    ballistic?
    bilious?
    overjoyed?
    constipated?

… No-one’s ‘depressed’ so far ๐Ÿ˜•

10. ha ha Nice one Micky…. lovely post. I voted angry because of the first leg… but sad would have summed it up as well. I’m a schizophrenic gooner……….

I would have liked to see “It should have been Us” in the poll.

I was thinking about writing on this subject today but assumed we would use the post RA put in comments.

We would have beaten Juve and then the world is our Lobster

Hi Raddy, the post Redders put in comments the day before was about the GK options so he added it as a comment on the post yesterday

13. chas mobile says:

Haha, great post.

I went for None of the above
    I have to use 2 words to describe how I feel about being out of the CL,
    Over It.

Never let things fester, they tend to get chopped off if you do. ๐Ÿ™‚

Rasp

Well “Utter Shitballs” leaps to mind

Micky, doesn’t that come under the broad banner of ‘pissed’ ….. which is what I voted ๐Ÿ˜•

…. Somebody is ‘nonchalant’ … must be French

17. chas mobile says:

Haha, great post.

I went for None of the above
    I have to use 2 words to describe how I feel about being out of the CL,
    Over It.

Never let things f*ster, they tend to get chopped off if you do. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve re-posted this as it went into spam.
    Was it the ‘f’ word?

My toiletries just fell out of my bag when I was leaving the gym.
    A massive meathead pointed to a tube of cream lying on the floor. I said it was my pile cream. He said, “Really?”.
    I said, no it’s my moisturiser but I was too embarrassed to say. He wasn’t sure whether to laugh or not.

18. ‘morning all, I voted “none of the above”, relieved is how I feel.

As Micky quite rightly says , we were never going to win it, so it would have been a distraction to the more immediately important task of getting as high up the league as possible.

Fixture congestion would have been a problem, possibly resulting in more injuries to the more fragile members of our squad.

As it is, we have a minor distraction on Saturday, followed by a week to recuperate before taking on the champions elect.

We have only one midweek game, at home to WBA, before the end of the league season. Then a further week off before, should we manage to beat Reading, the Cup Final.

So, I’m neither angry, depressed nor nonchalant. Just happily relieved.

If I met another chap in a gym who said any words to me at all, I’d say it was pile cream just in case

20. Rasp…. must have been RC78 ๐Ÿ™‚ nonchalant frog

21. Could have been strawberry flavoured lubrication gel ๐Ÿ™‚

22. So, does anyone want to see the tax dodgers go through to the semi finals?

It’s 12:11 Frenchie time, NB. You must be getting thirsty, or has your body clock adjusted?

24. micky……… I’m on the bar terrace and I’ve had three glasses of wine already ๐Ÿ™‚ But need to acclimatise to England in the next two days…. What time to the pubs open for instance?

25. 28c today in Avignon…. and rising ๐Ÿ™‚

Explosive news ….. I never thought I’d see the day …… our only squad player unavailable for the weekend through injury is The Ox – and he’s back in 2 weeks ….. who’d have thunk it?

27. chas mobile says:

Is that the hanging chad effect?

28. chas mobile says:

At halftime on Saturday when Szcz and Walnut were dicking around with a ball, Shad was giving Flamini a full warm-up so I thought he was coming on immediately for the 2nd half.

29. RC78 says:

NB…I saw that comment…lol

Right Rasp that calls for another sidebar.

Arsenal injuries by position – on a weekly basis.

Just wait – I foresee that the injured returnees will soon start complaining about lack of game time.

Micky, although it’s not your poll I voted “none of the above” I was simply baffled by our loss to Monaco but have since bathed in the warm glow of victory – that’s football for ya!

AW’s toughest decisions will now be -who to leave out – would you believe it?

On the Winter article –

Arsene has said that he has been as surprised as anybody by the improvement in Coquelin’s game and has not tried to take any of the credit.

It’s the negative fans who have been forced to change their attitudes that has made the overall difference – I guess they feel that their previous negativity towards AW and the team somehow forced the improvement………….

It seems the ‘none of those things’ or was it ‘just one of those things’ brigade, including me, must be streets ahead.

The alternative word to describe my feelings about being stupidly turfed out of the bedroom CL would be ‘disappointed’.

Forgotten it now – and we all move on. [except Micky – obviously] ๐Ÿ™‚

Chas,

So you saw Chezzer and Walnut picking around, but Shad was warming Flamini up. What are you suggesting? Locker-room frolics? ๐Ÿ™‚

My computer refuse to recognise ‘dicking’ – unless I come over all masterful! I use the same technique on Gross Bodily Charm — just before she smacks me in the nether-regions. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi GN5 … hmmm, a fitness/injuries widget … wouldn’t that be tempting fate? ๐Ÿ˜†

38. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

I voted none of the above, maybe relieved.

Right let’s have a look at the vote so far.

Resigned 30.19% (16 votes) [The meek shall inherit fook all.]

Angry 18.87% (10 votes) [In need of anger management therapy.]

None of the above 13.21% (7 votes) [Don’t want to play.]

Satisfied 9.43% (5 votes) [You’ve broken my heart – satisfied?]

Pissed 9.43% (5 votes) [That Carling can get to you – if you are a newt or NB.]

Nonchalant 7.55% (4 votes) [Only if you are French.]

Depressed 5.66% (3 votes) [You will find friends on AA.]

Unprintable! 5.66% (3 votes) [For fok’s sake – can’t spell.]

Seems reasonable to me.

Rasp, it’s a non starter – unfit to be a widget!

Redders – that’s a very fair assessment of voting strategy I’d say

GN5 – that’s a relief ๐Ÿ™‚

One point I’d like to make to those ‘none of the abovers’ who said we’d never have won it any way ……. I don’t agree….. the Arsenal at the start of the season definitely not – but the new balanced, clicking, confident Arsenal, why not? That’s why I voted ‘pissed’

We wouldn’t be favourites for sure, but had we beaten Monaco, there’s a good chance we would have got past Juve into the semi finals. On current form, we can give anyone a game. We’ve beaten Bayern and Barcelona in recent years so I see no reason why we wouldn’t have been in with a fighting chance.

In fact, call me mad ๐Ÿ™‚ but I’d go as far as to say that I reckon we would have won the final if we got that far.

Rasp drinking again
    RA very funny – me, the meek inherit feck all

Micky – I like it when you are angry ๐Ÿ™‚

I doubt we would go to another stage of the CL, but so what. Another game, the anticipation, trepidation, joy or sorrow, sunny holiday for Raddy and Didit – what’s not to like. We have been denied all that ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

years ago this guy I worked with said that 2 things will never happen. one – England winning the World Cup and Two – Arsenal winning the CL. Damn you Manoj!!!

Manoj is obviously a complete and utter dickhead.

England have already won the World Cup.

RA
    Shad was definitely giving the Flamster his full attention, but not in a Marseille wood kind of way.
    Though perhaps that would have surpassed the Burnley halftime entertainment fayre on offer.

46. RC78 says:

I think that there are a few teams that are better than us still in the CL…I would say that Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Atletico fall in that category…

Porto, Monaco, Juve and PSG are more or less the same level as Arsenal…

So if the draw was kind, we would have had the following with a chance of winning;

Real – Bayern
    Barcelona – Atletico
    Arsenal – Juve
    Porto – PSG

with Real, Atletico, Arsenal and PSG going through ๐Ÿ™‚

Real – Atletico > Real
    Arsenal – PSG > for me it s hard to say but let s go for Arsenal…

Then I think on one game we can beat Real…

Apologies to all pedants (or is that only me?), I think I should have typed ‘fare’. :0

Well said RC ๐Ÿ˜€ We should go into every competition with the intention of winning.

RC78
    We’re better than all of those wanky teams apart from Lazio at the moment and that’s only on goal difference!

The chavs weren’t 1 of the top 4 best teams when they won it.

chas ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ manoj is actually a great guy. His family insisted on him becoming a doctor. He studied for 5 years and became pride of his mum and dad. He delivered several babies and had decided that he doesn’t want to do it anymore. He quit, eventually got a job in IT and became my good friend. We implemented several projects together and went to a few Arsenal games. He referred to the future, not the Herbert Chapman era

52. Bayonne Jean says:

“None of the above” for me. “Realistically, not ready yet” would have been the choice here, so “meh” about going out.

England won the World Cup in the Chapman era?
    Just shows what Manoj knows. ๐Ÿ™‚

oh shut up you clever clogs!!! Chapman was my addition taking the pee of those living in the past.

what about both Monday night games? Are you going to both? I have 2 little ginger sweeties that have never been to the Ems

The whole premise of this post if anyone hasn’t realised, is that Micky has been deprived of his European away trip.

Largely because he is one of Monaco’s “ten most wanted” due to previous misdemeanors and didn’t fancy being locked in a cell for the umpteenth time.
    It most definitely isn’t about Arsenal but about Micky’s spring break.

The poll should have been,
    “How does Micky feel about Arsenal being out of the Champions League this season?”
    I would have voted ‘Nonchalant’.

I’m definitely going to the Swansea game at home on 11th May.

The Hull game away on 4th May was a bridge too far for Ant and me.
    ยฃ50 and they set the application for tickets criteria at 25+ which is more than we have.
    I’ve just noticed that the tickets didn’t sell out at that level and they’ve now specified booking periods down to 15+ away credits, but it’s still bollocks that Arse fans have to travel to Hull on a Monday night because of TV. Fack’em

Are they the two Monday games you’re talking about?

Chas,

I rather like ‘fayre’ — it is an old spelling of ‘fare’ which I took you to mean the gustatory sustenance on offer at half time. ๐Ÿ™‚

no sorry, Swans and Sunderland on Wedn night. I am a red member and cannot even try till 16th now. Never mind, something will come up sooner or later

Chas,

I would have said “Micky is in an incendiary mood’ – which is normal for any Bude Dude whose ‘bits’ are squeezed into a rubber suit like a big, black sausage. ๐Ÿ™‚

Eddie,

I am fascinated with your comments today.

Do you write for one of those ‘men’s magazines’, with your reference to lady parts and thin lips — and presumably your – ‘Never mind, something will come up sooner or later” was referring to NB? ๐Ÿ™‚

RA
    Ah, I thought ‘fayre’ only applied to country fรชte type affayres. ๐Ÿ™‚

RA
    I’m not sure you should be talking about Micky’s big black sausage. ๐Ÿ™‚

Chas,

Fรชtes et cetera are where you are most likely to see the use of old English to give an ambience to the proceedings.

‘Yee olde black sausage’ being a favourite in Devon fรชtes being an example.

Chas,

I have been to Burnley and the local beer was really quite good, and with the Ant and Duck roadshow showing leanings of a bibulous nature I would not have thought you would be bothered with manky sausage rolls and doubtful pies. ๐Ÿ™‚

66. chas mobile says:

RA
    All of of the comestibles partaken of, we took with us. The beer was good (ยฃ2 a pint in the first hostelry) but the pubs were somewhat lacking. The cricket club in particular had far too many idiot Arse fans in it.

oh no RA, don’t you start! I have enough of the monster scrutinising the grammar and punctuation, without your long words and double meanings. FFS it is a blog not a University Challenge!

Chas, ๐Ÿ™‚

69. chas mobile says:

Too many feckin “ofs’ ๐Ÿ™‚

70. chas mobile says:

Apologies for the ‘Bullseye’ style punctuation .
    When using my phone my eyesight is
    not good enough to see the keypad!

71. chas mobile says:

Eddie
    What’s the Polish for ‘scrutinising’?

You can’t complain about Bamber Gascoigne and then use words like that.

“sprawdzanie” I think ๐Ÿ™‚

plus in Poland we would not haunt people over an apostrophe in a wrong place

74. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all, nice one Didit.
    Very seldom in the time i have followed Arsenal have i been depressed, Had they had that effect on me there would have been many times over the years that i would have been walking round in a right state.

The poll that i know wasn’t your idea, but i voted An other, and the word i would have voted for was Expected, 16 17 years of the same result has that effect.,

I feel that we had a team with the Invincible’s that probably would have had the best chance but they never took it, since then our team have not been good enough, this Year was exactly the same although our team is improving i still think it could be a while that we compete strongly enough to win it, so next season for me will be another Expected loss,

Arsenal will be coming to an end of an era when Wenger finally retires, i cannot see another Manager taking us all the way for a while, so expect to probably be looking forward to Thursday football, but until that happens depressed No

75. The Cockie Monster says:

None of the above me !……I`ve been battered into submission by our lack of success in a competition where we are far from being the champions of our own league let alone being CL champs !…….I get more upset when we draw a league game !.

I liked that Winter thingy…..lots to agree with apart from we all know that Arsene hasn`t taken the praise for the coming of Le Coq Bloque !.
    It plays into my hands a bit in my thinking …..”Does Arsene know what he`s talking about ? “……..the facts !……he has in recent times been saying that the “typical” DM player is no longer of service in todays technical modern game and that players in that position need to be technically gifted in the passing more than the “battling” ! ………yet is there one of us on here ….. every man and his dogging session and ex-players who has not screamed for a “typical” DM beast to be played in this team amongst all the other artistry on offer ?.
    So who knows best ?……us or Wenger ?

76. VCC says:

Cockie for President

Quite right, VCC.

Every president should have a good Cockie. ๐Ÿ™‚

Wenger for me every time.

We give 100 opinions and 80% prove to be complete bollocks.
    We conveniently forget all of the nonsense we’ve come out with.

Obviously Wenger isn’t right all the time. That would be impossible, but his experience means he gets only 20% wrong not 80%.

Eddie,

I thought you were trying to be amusing. My mistake.

It will not happen again.

Chas,

Not that I compare myself with Wenger, but on a couple of other blogs I have been challenged on accounting issues, even when I say I have some knowledge.

The individuals concerned always press on making fools of themselves, then when their position becomes untenable they change what they said to something they ‘other’ — and blame me for not knowing that what they thought they were saying was not what they meant.

Extrapolating that nonsense to what happens with Arsene, multiplied by thousands, would drive most people to distraction.

82. The Cockie Monster says:

The biggest nonsense I came out with a while back and was accused of being out on day release,, was when I……and only I, if I remember rightly ………said…..”Thierry Henry would come back to us on loan !”………I can still hear the laughter from my cell !. hahaha

Thanks Vicky, but no thanks !………I don’t do politics and in the words of that great wit myself !………….MP`s and politicians remind me of a deck of playing cards, as it doesn`t matter how many times you shuffle them, you will always be dealt a Joker !.

Cocky Doodle, everyone laughed because Thierry had been – and gone, again – before you said it! ๐Ÿ˜€

84. The Cockie Monster says:

When you say….”everyone”, Redders !………do you mean the walls in here ?. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Is that an ice cream Cockie? ๐Ÿ™‚

Altho, in fairness, you are a lot more astute than some bloggers and those walls give you credit for.

86. The Cockie Monster says:

I can compare myself to Wenger !……….I looked much better when I came out of the sea in my Daniel Craig/007 blue swimming trunks !……….mind you, I did manage to accidently capture a puffer fish inside them at the time and had to be rescued from hoardes of screaming women !.

87. The Cockie Monster says:

Thanks Redders !…….you are one of my favourite walls and I`ll have a 99 !.

88. The Cockie Monster says:

Cod piece rolls of the tongue so much better than Puffer Fish piece !.

Don’t roll the puffer fish off your tongue, Cockie, you don’t know where its been — oh, wait – you do. Eeeeyuck! ๐Ÿ™‚

who do we want to win? Pretty or pretty ugly?

91. The Cockie Monster says:

I`ll just have a word with my ceiling and get back to you !.

they don’t like Mandzukic at Real, trying to kill him on the pitch

93. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

Right, this made me laugh heartily

ยฃ950 for a ticket to watch Arsenal v Chelsea. Now obviously that’s via a tout. But if they are selling at that price (10x top price ticket at the Ems) what’s that tell you about the clubs ticket pricing model?

It’s all about market forces and clearly a lot of people want to watch this game and are prepared to pay stupid money.

I wouldn’t mind going to one of these to help me find myself

In a way, I’m quite pleased they’re not naked.

Finally, better waves

“quite pleased”
    ‘king ecstatic ๐Ÿ™‚

Fine array of pics this morning.

Has anyone tried the new Magnum Black Expresso? It looks fab and just the thing after a hard days surfing in the sun.

Bloody freezing here – sickens me chatting to my family about the weather in UK

pugs ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ Dogs don’t sweat, they cool themselves by sticking the tongue out. Pugs get their airways obstructed by their own soft pallet falling into the throat (flat face causes that). When it gets just over 20 degrees, my pugglet suffers from overheating. I just bought him a cooling jacket from Holland, expensive but he is worth it ๐Ÿ™‚

Did Cesc really say that? That nobody wanted him? I remember Maurinho saying that Fabregas didn’t want to go to Arsenal, not the other way round. Badge kissing and dig at winning the EPL are a tad low, but not the worst we have heard from ex Gunners

Almond Magnum for me please ๐Ÿ™‚

I just watched on the telly a report about some 400 Africans drowned while trying to come over to Europe, no doubt hoping to improve their lives. And at the same time there are dozens of Muslims STOPPED in Dover while trying to go to Syria!!! Why are they stopped on their way there? Just stop them coming back, ever.

Or do a straight swap – those from Africa who want to live here for those who want to leave.

A man with good taste in dogs

right, I talked about ice cream, dogs, Cesc and Maurinho, politics and still nothing!! noboby wants to talk to Eddie

I will give it one more try, insight into my incredible life – seven days before the council grants/rejects my planning application they have admitted to throwing it into a bin ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ The bank on the other hand gave me huge amount of money without me accepting their offer ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ This is all nuts, what on earth is going on, they are serious errors!!!

yes Raddy, but don’t forget he has cleaners to hoover up the hairs.

Morning all … we need a post today. I’ve followed Raddy’s suggestion and written my 1-a-week as has Micky. Raddy writes the PM so its over to someone else ๐Ÿ™‚

Rasp I have put one in the loading bay.

Will publish at 09.30*ish

Eddie. Your foreign correspondent is in desperate need of cash. Send money. You know the address ๐Ÿ˜€

ha ha ha Raddy ๐Ÿ™‚ So am I, I need lots of money, but not this lot. I instructed them to reverse the process and they said they cannot!!

Thanks Raddy ๐Ÿ™‚