It’s a RIGHT old conundrum

There was one part of LB’s excellent post match report from the weekend that struck a chord with me when he made the following observation :

Ramsey on the right, really? This smacks of trying to maintain a political harmony rather than being ruthless in the team selection. Yes, he scored the winning goal and that should not be scoffed at but on the wing when we have Welbeck and Walcott on the bench and we were crying out for pace down that flank.

I felt that was a very interesting observation from LB and echoed thoughts that I have had for some time, and have also expressed on A.A before. I have previously taken a view that we potentially get a problem when trying to accommodate Ramsey, Santi and Ozil all in the same set up as one of them has to be a more designated wide player. Despite each of their varying great technical attributes they are all predominantly central midfielders and lack a crucial ingredient for a wide player, that being pace. I noticed that some of the comments on LB’s post indicated that many felt Ramsey on the right was the right call, and potentially also the right formation choice moving forwards.

Now it could of course be that for reasons unknown to us that Arsene identified some tactical area specific to a Burnley away game that was more suited to Ramsey playing this position, a type of horses for courses if you like. If not, however, then I am also slightly confused as to where this leaves both Welbeck and Walcott, if it is that Ramsey is considered a superior option to them in this role. I further seem to recall that on more than one occasion, earlier in the season, an available Ox was also overlooked for the Ramsey, Santi, Ozil trio with one of them taking up the wide right position rather than the more naturally pacy AOC.

Now I am not saying that this formation and combination can never work. There are many games in a season and it will likely be suited to some of them. The problem for me is that many of my recollections of games we were poor in had this trio in the starting line up, combined with Giroud up top, and with limited pace options from the wide areas.

Giroud actually becomes an important part of the consideration on this subject. I have always rated Ollie and have stated so, but have also stated that I felt we needed something even more world class if we were to compete in the final stages of the EPL and ECL. I still harbour some feelings in this direction but I will actually hold my hands up and state that my stance on this may have softened somewhat, such has been his recent performances, and I am potentially willing to change my mind on this with one particular proviso.

There is one point regarding Giroud that I still adhere to which is, that due to his lack of pace, he needs to have that natural pace either side of him that can run beyond him. Preferably these will be players that also have a decent eye for goal. This both enhances Giroud’s hold up and lay off skills and minimises exposing his one key weakness of a lack of pace.

We are all in a bit of Ollie heaven right now but I still cast my mind back to some earlier season performances where he was nullified and ineffective in certain games, and I strongly feel it was when we played slower but technical players behind and to the side of him rather than opting for wide pacy goal-scorers. My feeling is that we can get away with it when the opposition is not of the highest calibre but a better team uses that imbalance to take control of the game and nullify us.

In my view we have already seen this happen, even if not so recently so the question is, will it happen again to our cost, or have we now developed further as a team and it is no longer a relevant tactical consideration? Your great collective thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Written by GoonerB

99 Responses to It’s a RIGHT old conundrum

From last post……
    Yep, it was John Terry, GoonerB.
    I just looked it up and he made to chavs debut in 1998!

Rambo played on the right against Liverpool as well.
    I know I’ve posted this before but thought it might be useful for the discussion.

A few observations from me…..

Neither Walcott nor Welbeck hug the touchlines (Theo even less since he’s decided he wants to play centre-forward)

Giroud needs players close to him to be effective in his ‘pivot’ play. Ramsey often seems most adept at feeding off the big Frenchman flicks.

Sometimes I think Wenger picks a midfielder as the ‘other’ wide forward to make us more secure in midfield, especially away from home.

The Ox would always get my vote for that position when fit an playing to a standard we know he can. He is also more versatile than Theo and Danny in terms of being able to drop back into midfield.

Apologies if this is a poor attempt at tactical bolleaux. 🙂

* Frenchman’s
    * when fit and playing to a
    🙂 🙂

5. ‘morning all,

An excellent post GoonerB, I too am puzzled as to why Arsene persists in playing Ramsey wide right when he is clearly both unsuited to, and unhappy in, the role.

Maybe it’s been decided that Giroud’s lack of pace makes the need for fast breaking wingers redundant. Perhaps the more sedate tippy-tappy approach is better suited to his talents

If Walcott is not being played on the wing due to his propensity to move inside, it’s surely up to the manager to make his role abundantly clear and hook him off if he’s not following instructions.

Firstly apologies for some of the not so great grammar but I didn’t proof read it and correct it due to time constraints.

Thanks Chas for the extra input. Your 10.13 is an excellent attempt at tactical bolleaux. Can we now consider you a convert 🙂

I don’t profess to be right in my observations and everything you say makes good sense as well Chas. These are more just some feelings.

We are not yet at the level of the Real’s and Barca’s (and Munichs despite last night), but I feel are developing very well and should now be realistically aiming to get to that level. To do this I feel we need to (attempt) to dot all i’s and cross all t’s and make sure we have (injuries aside) a first 11 that has a specialist for each role so we have no weaknesses and can stand toe to toe with these best teams on a more or less equal footing.

As such I kind of see the right attacking role as being potentially the one remaining area where we don’t have a first choice specialist. In saying that I am assuming that with all players available that Arsene would plump for Rambo in that role before Walcott, Welbeck and possibly AOC, but this may be incorrect because I haven’t spoken to him directly recently.

Sanchez for me on the other flank I feel could force himself into being a first choice left sided attacker in any of the best teams in Europe but could the same be said for our right flank options?

The acid test for me would be to say that (assuming he is first choice) if Rambo was part of the Madrid, Barca (Messi…a little unfair I know) or Munich squads would he displace their current incumbent as a first choice? Me thinks not and so I feel this position needs a strong looking at. maybe we have too many slightly better than average options but no top level option.

7. Peaches/Rasp, Post submitted via arsenalnuts.

Very interesting post GB. With most teams you’d say its all about the formation …. 4:5:1 players stay wide and you have natural width, 4:3:3 and you’re a bit narrow. With Arsenal, the whole thing is so fluid that it almost comes down to the inclination of individual players rather than a system.

Ramsey observed that he had accepted the role of wide player against Burnley but also made the point that it was not his favoured position.

No-one knows for sure, but I suspect that Arsene doesn’t want to limit the fluidity and spontaneity of our play by demanding players stick to a rigid position and this has led to a lack of positional discipline over the years. It appears that when the players don’t naturally fulfil the role he requires they get moved on = Song.

We definitely lack width in some games. I don’t see how Ollie’s can suffer with wingers as he is 6ft 4in and can compete in the air. Our style is not to deliver the ball in the air into a crowded box but to cut it back to an advancing midfielder.

Norfolk, good point regarding Giroud. I do tend to feel that if Ollie is deemed to be good enough (moving into next season) to line up as a first choice striker against the best sides, then the balance of the set up needs to be right around him. For me that means pacy attacking wide players with an eye for goal in a similar vein to the Robben and Ribery set up at Bayern when they were the dominant team a couple of seasons back.

If Arsene wants to opt for more technical ball retaining but slower paced players behind the striker then the pace has to come from that player up top. That would mean we need someone with Ollies current skill set + pace. I don’t think we can accommodate both a slow striker and slow players behind IMO, and will be found out at the business end of things against the best sides despite having previously looking decent against the majority of PL sides.

10. Here’s a laugh, Liverpool player of the season award looks to heading the way of Balotelli, after the vote was hi-jacked by Arsenal and Man.U fans.

Don’t forget folks, Vote Early, Vote Often. 😀

11. Here’s another Liverpool laugh, It’s reported that they are looking to sell Balotelli, so they can buy Falcao.

Carroll, Balotelli, Falcao, they do love a flop up at Anfield. 😀

Good point Rasp (@ 11.07). We have talked a lot about the formations in the past. For my tuppence-worth I like a kind of 4-2-3-1 which can fluidly change into an attacking 4-3-3. Sorry to bore some of you who aren’t into tactical bolleaux (not Chas who is a convert) but here goes.

I have used Bayern as an example on many occasions because I feel their dominant playing style of 2-3 seasons back is eminently more achievable to us than the recent great Barca’s style, which I feel was a unique finely tuned style, but in a league where it was achievable. I don’t think that style can be effectively developed and replicated in the faster, more physical, more tolerant referee arena of the PL. We can still mix a bit of Barca into it of course but I still feel the Bayern of 2-3 years back should be our blueprint and would be the one that would see us dominate in the PL and be one of the ECL favourites.

For me (in the 4-2-3-1) the CM should firstly comprise a holding midfielder who has the most rigid and disciplined role in the side. Lahm and Martinez were doing this for Bayern a while back while Busquets does it for Barca. I am happy with Le Coq in this role.

The other deeper midfielder alongside the HM should be more a box to box type who helps out in defence and can receive the ball deeper, but can carry the ball through midfield and switch us into attack. Schweinsteiger was excellent at this for Bayern while Xavi until recently has dominated this role for Barca. We currently use Santi but also have excellent options with TR7 and Wilshere (I feel this is Jack’s best position and he will go on to dominate the role in the future).

The most advanced of the CM’s is an ACM / number 10 hybrid who can mainly dictate the attacking play but will often look to get beyond the striker and burst into the box to score goals. This player can also at times drop a bit deeper (not too deep) to fluidly interchange with the more free roaming DM. Ozil plays this role and he has an excellent understanding with Santi. The only thing I would like to see more of from Ozil is the bursting into the box to score goals. An Ozil / Ramsey hybrid would be ideal.

I have stated before that I feel this is also potentially Ramsey’s best role rather than a deeper CM role (and certainly rather than an attacking wide right player) but he will not play it while Ozil is here and on form.

If Ollie is our striker then that leaves the 2 wider players either side of Ozil and behind Ollie. For me they should be comfortable giving width in both defensive duties and attack, as in the 4-2-3-1 set up, but should also be wing forward types that can fluidly switch into an attacking front 3 with the striker in the 4-3-3 system.

I do want fluidity but organised fluidity but within a structured framework. I feel when you look at the most dominant sides over the last few years they get that balance of fluidity within a structure spot on. It is for me what we need to achieve to be amongs the very best, the question is are we quite there yet? If we haven’t I don’t feel we are far away but it will be down to the manager and his preferences as to what happens from here.

Off for a bit, will catch up later. If I come back later this afternoon it should have allowed you all enough time to read my last comment, either that or I will be shouting wakey wakey at you all 🙂

A very good and well reasoned Post, GoonerB. 🙂

The beauty of tactical rambles is that everyone can be right because nobody can be proved wrong.

The know-it-alls will never be convinced their version of events and the rights or wrongs of certain player roles can be questioned.
    This can lead to sterile discussions.

Others, like Chas, can be less doctrinaire in putting forward an explanation for tactical decisions – but are often more right nonetheless.

Personally my only claim to fame in this area is that I watch games and make solemn judgements on the tactics based on the result –
    If we win – the tactics were spot on — if we lose – they were clearly bollix.

So the question of Rambo’s role on the right of play is clear to me – we won – so they must have been spot on! 😉

To be candid, the specifics of Rambo on the right initially puzzled me, as Wenger never cleared the formation with me.
    But, our midfield – and OK I am as bored with repeating myself as you are with reading it – as a result of being comparatively little people, are often barged off the ball by lower table teams without too much in the way of brains and a lot in the way of brawn.

Hence the need for the well named Rambo to stiffen the defensive aspect and add weight and a crucial goal to the offensive side from a genuine ‘box to box’ player.

Walcott or Welly in that role — seriously?

Where are the know-it-alls when you need them to contradict you? 🙂

15. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all, Sunny as hell here where i am and that makes for a big smile across my face. Nice one NG.

I understand your reasoning about Ramsey, but when we have a player like Walcott who will not operate on the flank, you have to ask if that is the reason that Wenger picks Ramsey and leaves Theo on the bench.

Now i have said many times that Theo’s Electric pace is a waste for a player who wants to stand next to Giroud. He wont play wing and he doesn’t challenge he is next to useless in midfield and as a defending help he is useless.

Where will Theo fit in with this team, Given the choice of Ox or Theo i have to ask myself who gives more when i look at Gnabry and Theo, although thats a tough one as we haven’t seen much of either but from memory i would have to pick young Gnabry for work rate.

Ramsey wants to play the box to box roll, he does score the odd goal but he is also not the fastest box to box player, We have to remember that Wilshere is now fit he too will be looking to start, who do we leave out. Now knowing how Jack play’s and what he brings, do i leave out Ozil or Santi to bring Jack back tough one to answer. Jack will go on forward runs and if memory serves me right, usually ends up on his arse with the ball taken away from him or he gets a free kick. Jack is not what i would call a shooter more a pass back kind of shot. Would i include him.!!!

At present we have had a run of 8 wins, would it benefit us to include Walcott Wilshere or say the Ox and of course the lost soul Gnabry. I am a bit more concerned on Belerin or Debuchey, Debuchey being what i consider a better defender at this time, i would like to see Belerin moved forward, so to answer the question i feel that Belerin would be better all round. But Seeing how he hasn’t played this position before could be taking a chance I should just answer Don’t know :).

Crikey, GoonerB-Driving-Us-Barmy,

I gave you a compliment for the Post, and then in your 11:45 you descend into the depths of tactical bollix, from where you may never ascend.

One bit I understood, tho’ I do not necessarily see how it can be applied:– “I do want fluidity but organised fluidity but within a structured framework”

You must mean that you want a fluid pint of beer structured within a glass mug?
    Clearly you see all our lads as a bunch of alkies. — Disgraceful!

They cannot all be like NB and Norfolk. 🙂

Brief pop back on, and thanks RA for your comments and yes you read it correct, I do want organised fluidity within a structured framework. Then again what would you expect from an open minded cynic who is pessimistically confident about this sides immediate future? 🙂

Steve, very valid points mate. I would plumpfor AOC when fit to have a good run in the attacking wide right role but it seems to me that Wenger has more long-term CM plans for him so I feel it is unlikely to happen. Maybe then it is not just about comparing the others we have left, e.g Walcott vs Ramsey, and could we possibly say that none of the others (Walcott, Ramsey, Welbeck, Gnabry) actually fulfill the requirements at the highest level? Do we actually need to dip into the transfer market for this position?

But it has to be a glass with a nucleation point at the bottom for the carbon dioxide to collect producing more bubbles.

On the left is the fluid formation with organised bubbles i.e. with a decent right winger.
    On the right, a bubble-free Rambo type formation.

That’s brilliant, Chas, altho I am assuming that it is beer in the glass, as it does have an evil similarity to horse pee – and no, I have never drunk any! 🙂

Forget Klopp, Chas for manager….. that is the best organised fluid formation I have seen yet.

When you use the terms organised bubbles and bubble-free Rambo style, are you thinking about our Terry Chas???

If so you may have the 2 terms mixed up. At our last meet up over a large vintage Remy Martin Terry insisted to me that he was a Rambo styled organised bubble hybrid.

Excuse me GB, I have nor read your post as yet but I thought that folks would be interested in this article.

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

As the form team in Europe by far, WhoScored’s Martin Laurence looks at the key points which show Arsenal are capable of sustaining a title challenge next season.

Arsenal’s narrow victory over Burnley at the weekend may not have been the most convincing but it took their tally to 8 successive league wins this season, which is something that no other side have been able to manage.

The Gunners’ progression this year is perhaps best emphasised when contrasting their fortunes with Manchester City. After the first league game of 2015, with 20 matches played Manuel Pellegrini’s men were completely level at the top with Chelsea, while Arsenal sat 13 points behind in 6th. 12 games down the line Arsenal are second, two places and 5 points ahead of City, managing a remarkable 18-point swing in the space of less than four months.

While any chance of competing for the title were all but ended by their former sweetheart Cesc Fabregas’ late winner for Chelsea at the weekend, many are now suggesting that Arsenal are now ready to put up a serious fight for the Premier League crown next season. We may have heard it all before but WhoScored.com look into the stats and 5 changes that suggest that Arsene Wenger’s side have made genuine progress this season, meaning this current purple patch could prove to be more than that.

1. No longer ‘trying to walk it in’

The go-to line when criticising Arsenal is becoming far less accurate. Sacrificing a player like Mikel Arteta, albeit through injury initially, and dropping the more adventurous Santi Cazorla alongside the revelation that has been Francis Coquelin has proved a masterstroke. The Gunners are more ambitious in their approach play, which has seen both their pass accuracy (now 82.9%) and possession (now 55.7%) figures drop from last season.

No side had a better pass accuracy than Arsenal last season but they now rank fifth in that regard and while this may not seem like an improvement it has enabled progress further forward. The Gunners are quicker and more forward-thinking with their passing and as a result have created – and been willing to take on – more shots at goal. As many as 7 sides attempted more shots last season but a jump from 13.8 to 15.5 per game this season now sees them rank second only to Manchester City.

2. The Sanchez effect

There’s no doubt that Arsenal would still be worried for their customary Champions League berth were it not for the exploits of Alexis Sanchez in the first half of the season. Wenger’s side were struggling with the organisational problems of old and looked short of ideas in attack, admittedly in part due to injuries to Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud before the New Year. Their summer signing dragged them through the mire at times and remains the second highest rated Premier League player this season according to WhoScored.com (7.91).

With 14 goals and 8 assists to his name it’s been a superb first season at the Emirates from the Chilean, who has played his part in this sensational run of form despite claims that he has gone off the boil. Sanchez may not be stealing all the glory anymore but his willingness to integrate into a system that is clearly best for the team has seen those around him able to flourish, whilst still offering a significant threat himself.

3. Added bite

The feeling was that Arsenal will never win the league with this side because they are too soft but that no longer seems the case. The unexpected emergence of Francis Coquelin has had a dramatic effect on Wenger’s approach to matches. Against weaker opposition he can now field more attacking players safe in the knowledge that the young Frenchman will be there to mop up when moves inevitably break down and when it comes to facing the big boys he has a player who will follow his instructions to a T.

Arsenal’s tackles per game figures have risen from last season (18.8 to 20.2) but the most significant increase, perhaps of all of their play, has been in intercepting the ball. Coquelin made 11 interceptions against Burnely last time out – the most of any player in a single game this season – and his energy and graft in nipping in to win the ball back has proven infectious. The Gunners have now made more interceptions per game (20.6) than any other side this season having ranked 8th last time around, with a far more modest 14.3, picking up a statistical strength from WhoScored of ‘stealing the ball from the opposition’.

4. Set pieces now a weapon

If you consider that Arsenal are now considered strong when it comes to both ‘aerial duels’ and ‘attacking set pieces’ according to WhoScored.com’s team characteristics it’s clear that work has been done on training ground. Indeed, the Londoners have already scored 6 more goals from set pieces this season than they managed in the entirety of the 2013/14 Premier League campaign. Only four sides scored fewer goals from such situations last season (8), while no side have scored more from set pieces this time around (14). It doesn’t always need to be pretty after all.

5. Lessons learned

As a direct culmination of the points made previous, Arsenal are now far more frightening opposition for those around them in the hunt for European places. Their willingness to relinquish possession at Manchester City earlier in the year was seen as a turning point as Wenger’s side performed a masterclass in soaking up pressure and hitting their hosts on the break. Throw in one of their 14 goals from a set piece and it was labelled as a refreshingly un-Arsenal like performance on the road.

The Gunners have not lost a single match by more than a two-goal margin this season, having done so 4 times in the previous Premier League campaign, conceding 5 at Anfield and being hit for 6 at the Etihad and Stamford Bridge. They’re by no means the finished article – even in the recent rout over Liverpool they looked susceptible to the counter in the first half – but a WhoScored.com team rating of 7.42 this season, jumping from fourth (with 7.25) to first from the previous campaign, is enough to suggest that Arsenal may well be ready to mount a sustained title challenge in 2015/16.

All statistics courtesy of WhoScored.com, where you can find yet more stats, including live in-game data and unique player and team ratings. You can follow all the scores, statistics, live player and team ratings with the new free-to-download WhoScored iOS app

Martin Laurence

I see what you did there chas …. both your glasses are half full 😆

GB, as regards formations, some would equate football to a game of chess but that is completely wrong. In chess. only one piece moves at a time, everything else is static. Football is by nature fluid in its movement. The backline does have clearly defined structure when defending but elsewhere it is all about unpicking the lock of defences when in possession or closing down avenues when defending (enough metaphors for you?)

The similarity to chess is that different pieces can move in particular ways and perform defined tasks and that should be the case with most positions in football. I think movement off the ball is one area where football has improved over the ‘good old days’. Barca’s front 3 are about as good as it gets. How do you choose who to track between Messi, Suarez or Neymar? If one doesn’t do you, the other soon will.

This was from the last time Reading had a Semi.
    I hope the Wembley pitch is in better nick.

Reading’s captain, Robert ‘Bert’ Eggo, right, shakes hands with his Cardiff City counterpart, Fred Keenor, before the 1927 FA Cup semi-final at Molineux. Photograph: Davis/Getty Images

24. Yay chas, is it nearly time to set of for Wemberley …….. can we have the footage of ‘it’s only Ray Parlour’ please

25. RC78 says:

Ollie is effective in 2 distinct set-ups and with 2 types of players around him:

In a 4-3-3 with pacy wingers and a box-to-box mid (our current set-up and usal starters : Osp – Bellerin, BFG, Kos, Gibbs – Ramsey, Coq, Cazorla – Ozil, Giroud, Sanchez)

In a 4-4-1-1 with a false 9 behind him (a player like Raul or Del Piero) that is extremely good with runs and quick dribbling feet and still two pacy wingers…With our squad, a team that could look like: Osp – Debs, BFG, Kos, Gibbs – Walcott, Ramsey or Santi, Coq, Ox – Sanchez – Giroud

He needs pace and good runs around him. If he does not have this type of players around him, he cannot be effective…

Now – Henry said that it was great to see players playing in uncomfortable positions for the team’s sake and I could agree as long as the player can actually play in that position to a high-level and that is is a temporary solution, otherwise – it does not make sense. Can Ramsey play on the right? Yes but it s not his best position…

GB. Interesting, well written post.

I don’t care where Ramsey plays as long as he plays. The man can play so many roles.

Perhaps under the new AFC style of conceding possession we need a more defensive minded outside player. If Ox were fit he would surely take this role

Problem for me is that it all becomes a bit belt and braces with Santi playing deep alongside Le Coq and AR protecting Bellerin when he overlaps.

Still …. who are we to question AW when the team is in such a rich vein of form?

Razor’s goal.

Much longer version with all the Lovejoy stuff.
    Poor quality but funny nonetheless.

Good post GB, sadly completely wasted on me. As far as I am concerned today’s footballers should be more than capable of playing in any given position. Of course I don’t expect defenders to be top goal scorers, but if an opportunity arises they should have the technique and guts to put the ball in a net. Same for strikers, when need be they have to defend. Why shouldn’t our midfielders play as wingers? The best one gets the middle spot, others on the sides please, simple.

Just as well I am not the manager, eh 🙂

chas – you can stick your tickets 🙂 I got 3 great seats for Swansea game for £42!!

Flippin heck, £42 for a category C game, are you sat on Wenger’s knee?

£42 for all 3 tickets darling!!!

everyone is speechless 🙂 I know, I’ve done well 🙂

I have no soul, sold it to a devil 🙂

I defy any cat lover to look into that cat’s eyes and not laugh.

Can’t be done, that cat is too strong, I tried twice and cracked up both times.

Evening all, nice tactical bolleaux GoonerB.

For me I wondered whether there is actually a change in our formation deeper back that means the utilisation of a middler on the wing is not so much an issue.

Lets cast our minds back to start of season when the fluid three was stuttering, we may have started games like this:

FB……CB…CB…….FB
    ………….HM……………
    …….CM……..CM………
    W……………………….W
    ……………CF……………

But that invariably ended up looking like this:
    ………CB…CB………..
    ………….HM…………..
    FB….CM…..CM….FB
    ………W..CF…W……..

I think that now we start the game in a formation that stays more in shape in the lines…..ie defence stays defensive, Midfielders stay midfielders and the attacking three behind Ollie have freedom to roam, but safe in the knowledge that Santi, CoqBloq and the fullbacks are there to pick up loose balls and feed it back to them wherever they may have roamed.

Definitely not voting UKIP.

AW is confident Theo will stay. Oh dear.

Today I am mostly travelling up North researching the lives of H C Anderson and Carl Nielsen (both born in Odense). Should be fun.

Really sorry to have missed a GB

Mind you, we would have had a fight, GB, because “it’s a LEFT old conundrum” as well.

Sanchez should be our striker (as you know well) thus gaps on both sides 🙂

Right. Morning. Smutski

Chas
    Can’t say I blame you, but why the obtuse UKIP statement?

Raddy
    You say “mostly” travelling up North
    What about the rest. East, West or simply lying down?

Micky
    It was a UKIP tweet using mangled English and appalling apostrophisation. 🙂

Mmmm
    A Miliband Sturgeon coaltion
    Wonder who’d be wearing the trousers 🙂

Hate fish

Loved the cat yesterday 🙂

More Cat vids
    Less Lezzos

Do we have AA’ers who cross the cat dog divide

Chas, LB and Didit….cats

Oi Raddy
    When you go Poland
    Me need to go too

I love dogs, too.

“It tells us that he’ll be a lazy commitment-phobe who values sneakiness above solid companionship, and actually thinks it’s cute when a creature takes a dump in his kitchen.”

Haha, hitching a ride on the Raddy Love Bus.

It’s made a bit tricky by Miliband though Chas because he will be eaten alive by Ms Merkel and Ms Sturgeon, or even a French person, and we’ll all suffer.

So how do workers like you and Raddy vote? Not easy.

Oh God, he’s voting Green isn’t he 🙂
    Transgender Toilets 🙄

There hasn’t been anyone to vote for since 1997.
    The country is run by big business and we don’t get to vote for them.

Well, that’s my ultra-simplistic view of the situation anyway.

Chas,

Does that mean multi-millionaire Ed Miliband should he vote Tory? 🙂

How about multi-millionaire Harriet Harperson should she vote Tory? 🙂

How about millionaire Ed Balls should he vote Tory? 😉

Voting by richness can be a no-brainer – ask NG. 🙂

“The country is run by big business and we don’t get to vote for them”

True

I have often ‘owned’ [yeah right] ** both cats and dogs at different times – sometimes bot at the same time.

** anyway claiming they own a cat is a loony.
    ** dogs consider an ‘owner’ an unpaid slave to their needs.

And I love them both. 🙂

RA
    They all profess to care about people. 🙂

Terrified of asking who in ’97
    Ah, the pro-drugs lobby 🙂

So, ‘No’.

Haha, 1997 was when the Labour Party died for good.

“They all profess to care about people” ha ha ROLF

Of course they do, bless them, not power crazed loons who’d stab their own brother in the back, or to line their own pockets and then at first sniff, accept a Lordship or anything too hypocritical

Micky @ 6:51

You know very well that when the Hippy says he is mostly going somewhere he means his mind is thinking of going up North – and his body says bollix to that. 🙂

Politics in the US is pooh.

Politics in the UK is not quite so bad, because ‘the working man in the streets and on the doorstep tells me so’. 🙂

RA
    Also true.

Yesterday, we got The Green Party candidate leaflet, and turns out he’s an old mate called Will. Nice guy, but completely away with the fairies.
    Anyway, I read the dribble about solar energy and better schools and free things for people, then phoned him.

Me: “Will, how are you. Just read your leaflet. By the way, you forgot to print it on recycled paper”

Will: “Oh fucking hell”

Useless hippy 🙂

I’m putting Norfolk’s post into drafts, Raddy are you about to publish at 9.30?

I bet you will all be relieved when the election is over – whoever wins will probably make sod all difference.

And I don’t even get a vote! 🙂

“free things for people”
    I could definitely go for some of that. 🙂

The Hippy is mostly in the North, Peaches.[see 6:47] 🙂

72. Thanks RA. I can schedule the new post for 9.30 but will need someone to announce it on this post at 9.30 or I can publish early……… like in a few minutes …………….

Publish now

please

Peaches
    Can you turn off that ridiculous
    ‘You are posting comments too quickly. Slow down’ message?

Is it to stop spam?

Needless to say that David Miliband is a Gunner

Is Ed Milliband a spud?

Oh dear, I just did a find on “chas says” on this page and it found 39 occurrences.
    Sorry everybody.

Cmon, Peach.

Oh publish the damn post

This site is sooo run by hippies. Bless them 🙂

Before the Pool game, we’d had two long weeks of no football. We got the PM 2 hrs 45mins before KO

Long deep puff 🙄

no, he is an idiot

83. so there i was all organised and forgot ……………..

84. New Post everyone …………………..