Coq Sure? …… or not so Sure?

For several years now Arsenal has been described as “two to three players short of a top side”.

The spot that many identified as being an urgent need was that of defensive midfield. Arsenal needed someone who was disciplined, mobile, strong, quick and aggressive. Someone who loved a tackle.

Arteta had adapted his game to fulfil the roll to the best of his ability but he lacks some of the attributes that a true DM should possess. He did the job admirably with the help of the mercurial Flamini – but neither could be described as a top drawer DM.

Francis Coquelin had been on the periphery of the squad for several years. He had been sent out on loan to Lorient, Frieberg and Charlton Athletic without ever really impressing.

He was brought back to Arsenal in December 2014 as cover for the injured Ramsey.

No one expected much of him. Arsene Wenger has been on record as saying he expected Le Coq to leave in the summer.

But something happened. Coquelin not only rose to the task – he excelled.

Since his return, he’s been man of the match several times and has hardly put a foot wrong.

His performance against manu was pivotal. He can cope with lumps like Fellaini despite giving away 6 inches in height and several stone in weight.

What I particularly like about him is that he is in awe of no-one. I love the way he shouts at his teammates to get back into position when celebrating a goal. I like the fact that he has a ‘Lauren type’ scowl on his face.

I was very vocal in calling for a big signing at DM over the summer. It didn’t happen. I can quite honestly say that if Coquelin can remain at his current level, I would be more than happy. If he continues to improve we may have to fight off the likes of Bracelona to keep him in the future.

He is 23, just about to enter the peak years of his career. He has shown leadership qualities that others lack in our team ….. a future captain? …. who knows …… anything is possible.

Rasp

140 Responses to Coq Sure? …… or not so Sure?

One Coq,
    We’ve only got one Coq,
    We’ve only got one Coq,
    We’ve only got one Coq.

cheers, Rasp

2. I’m sure …….. he has my vote.

He’s fearless, he has the face of an angel and the grimace of a monster, just what we’ve needed.

A nice Post, Rasp, thank you.

I used to go watch the youth teams a lot – a few years back – and somehow never bumped into CharyB – not that I knew him then. 🙂

But on AA I found he shared my views on many of the players we independently watched, including Le Coq who as a kid played in midfield really looked like he might ‘make it’.

Oddly enough a rubbish youth team right back we had at the time, Eastmond, was brought into the first team squad as a midfielder – played a bit – and was still just as rubbish, and Le Coq seemed to vanish — especially when Ping Pong became the flavour of the day, as well.

As you said, Le Coq was pretty poor by all accounts when he was out on loan, and the exit sign loomed for him, even tho no one wanted him it seemed.

He has performed very well since he got his chance and I have been pleased for him – but I still have lingering doubts about his abilities over the longer term – and we have all seen how a player who does well in his debut year gets ‘found out’ by the opposition in his second year.

Le Coq is on the small side and getting a bloody, broken nose might just be the start of what is to come.

It would be wrong to put all our holding midfielder eggs in one basket (or egg in this case) and I sincerely hope AW does not think ‘oh, he’ll do’ and then regret that when/if he gets injured, or mashed up by the physically more imposing guys of the Premiership.

It is good and appropriate that Le Coq is getting a new contract, but it would also be sensible to bring in another HM in the summer. **

** Or if we have someone coming thru from the youth ranks to join him. [Hayden? Bielik?]

Best reviews on Liverpool’s book about 2nd place 🙂

Chas,

I am a bit concerned over the juxtaposition of ‘we’ and ‘have only got one Coq.

You (plural) speak for yourselves!! 🙂

Hi Redders, I saw him play on the reserves too and also thought he had great potential. At the very least, he cannot be described as lacking in fight or passion!

Chas,

What short-term memories those Pool fans have. Second?

What about 26the May 1989 when in the last game of the season Arsenal went to Anfield needing to win 0:2 to win the First Division Championship, against a team with perhaps the best defense in the League/

Don’t they remember?

It would have helped them to come to terms with a recurring nightmare. 🙂

That’s right, Rasp.

Doesn’t change my views on the rest of it though.

9. PV4 says:

Coq’s celebration at OT displays everything we need – passion, desire, drive and determination. Give him a chance. I’d rather him than an overpriced self-important tosser like Khedira, whose performance yesterday was 20% effort and 80% bluff.

10. Vintage Gooner says:

I have to agree that I would still like to see us buy a top class DM this Summer. We need and should always strive to have cover in every position and I don’t believe we have such cover at the moment for Coquelin. Both Arteta and Flamini hve suffered long spells of injury this season, are not getting younger and in any case have some limitations in their game.

The interesting thing will be when Arsene has to explain to our new top talent that they have to fight for and indeed win their place from the incumbent who is doing more than well enough to justify his selection. Shades of Ospina perhaps!

RA
    Some lads alongside us were singing the ‘One Coq’ song the other night. 🙂

Chas, 🙂

13. Dick Swiveller says:

Now that you mention it, he seems quite similar to Lauren in a few respects, and given that Coq generally played at full-back before getting his midfield spot, there’s a nice contrast to Lauren going from midield to full-back. They’re both double hard, tenacious and hard working with a look that says ‘don’t try it, sunshine’, anyone ever seen Coq take a penalty? I don’t think he suits the possesion side of our game, although I’m sure he’ll grow into that a bit better, but as a battler and ballwinner he’s very useful; still expect Schneiderlin this summer though.

14. franck says:

For all of u calling for us to still sign a top Quality DM,u probably need glasses….or beta still brain surgery.Le Coq is as good as it gets…it seemd some have not been watchin schniderlin lately and comparin him to Le Coq..i am just so glad Wenger didnt sign an over priced player and waste our funds…he is Arsenal thru and thru….its his time..he deserves it,nobody should take dat away from him.currently he is the best DM in the Division and the whole top 5 league in Europe.if he is not top class…then who needs top class wen u’ve got Le Coq.

Hi franck, welcome to AA.

I’m very much with you in the pro Coquelin camp, the only thing I would say is let’s reserve judgement until the end of the season.

We’ve got some big games coming up (pool in the FA cup final?) If he continues at his current level through those games it would be madness to shell out big money on another DM, and I’m pretty sure AW would think the same.

Possibly the only player to suffer from Coq’s emergence is JW, he still has yet to establish himself in any particular midfield role

I’m also a big fan of Coquelin, he is somewhat of a throwback to players of 50/60s who were never thought of as super stars but they just loved the game and the club.

These/those sort of players play with a passion that puts them into a different class than “skill” players who tend to be touchy feeley prima donnas.

Ray Parlour and Charlie George also fit into this category and all three have another thing in common – they are/were loved by the fans.

Back in the day we used to call them “honest” players.

19. Dick Swiveller says:

I think that’s why there are quite a few people trying to think of reasons why we can justify keeping Jenkinson, it’s nice to have a fan at the club when it obviously matters so much to him.

Dick I was also thinking of Jenkinson when I entered those comments – a love for the club adds to his fan appeal.

21. omgarsenal says:

I watched Frimpong and Coquelin being compared in their early careers and felt that Frimpong would be the one who made it but what did i know! LeCoq seems to have fire up his and IF he continues in this vein, will rival our best DM’s. He reminds me a great deal of Parlour….a no nonsense, hard tackling and driven soul.

I like Le Coq and he has until the end of the season to prove himself. If he can maintain his form there is no need to buy in summer.

However, he will need to improve his passing range if he is to become an automatic starter ahead of Arteta and/or Ramsey.

I wish him the best of British

BTW.

Today is MickyDidit’s birthday. I won’t tell you how old he is as it would take too long to write

Happy birthday from Canada Micky and may there be many more to come.

For Micky …..

26. The Cockie Monster says:

Nice on Rasp !.

Thinking way back, there was only two people calling for Le Coq Bloque to get a run in the team !…….me and Oz Gunner !.
    We take a bow !. 😀

Happy Birthday Surf Dude of (near) Bude !.

27. The Cockie Monster says:

PS……………………..I`ve just signed a petition to bring back Clarkson !……..420,000 and counting !…………Clarkson for Prime Minister !.

28. A thought provoking post from Rasp, well done.

Le Coq is starting to build himself a reputation, not afraid to get stuck in when neccessary, always ready for the fight. If he can sustain his present level opposition players will start to fear him and won’t be quite so ready to mix it with him. They will start to shift the ball off to someone, anyone, else when in his vicinity rather than inviting a challenge. An art Scholes was quite adept at.

As to his distribution, I don’t think that need be a problem, he only needs to pass it off to another mid-fielder and there are usually two three around.

The sensible thing to do is wait until the end of the season and then evaluate his worth. Arteta and Flamini won’t be around much longer and Jack Wilshire will have to up his game considerably once he is fit or he may find his future is limited to the bench

29. Cockie, is there a petition to sack the muppet who sacked Clarkson?

30. The Cockie Monster says:

Who`s still buzzing after Monday night ?.
    I know my old mate VCC will still be buzzing as he hates Manshafter more than The Spuds and still has a rock hard boner to prove it !……. the bad news is he suffers from dementia and doesn’t know what to do with it !……the good news is, his missus has stood him naked in the bathroom corner using his knob as a toilet roll holder !.

31. The Cockie Monster says:

Not sure NG !…..but there should be !.
    Google ….Clarkson petition and it will tell you, plus you can sign the petition to get him reinstated !…….if you like !.
    I love cars and love humour, what`s not to like about Top Gear ?.

Nice one Rasp

Le Coq has been playing out of his skin (does that make him circumcised?).

I’ve been pleased with his use of the ball as well as has defensive qualities.

As for size? There have been plenty of top DMs who weren’t of great stature.

Le Coq, at 5′ 10″, is bigger than all of these…

Javier Mascherano (5′ 7″)
    David Batty (5′ 8″)
    Didier Deschamps (5′ 9″)
    Steve McMahon (5′ 9″)
    Claude Makalele (5′ 7″)
    Edgar Davids (5′ 7″)
    Lothar Matthaus (5′ 8″)

So for me, provided he doesn’t have a big drop in form during the remainder of the season, it’s a no-brainer that we keep him as our DM, with (probably) Bielik coming through the ranks as his stand-in.

Which probably means saying cheerio to the Flimsier and – even – Arteta, much as I love our Spanish Action Man.

All very true Rocky 🙂 Morgan Schnerderlin is 5ft 11in so nothing to choose between them in stature either.

34. The Cockie Monster says:

Peter Storey was 5`9″ !………………he would have had Fellaini`s gold filling`s out, melted, sold and left a studded mud stained PS on his testicles !.

35. The Cockie Monster says:

Obviously !…..whilst winning the ball cleanly !. hahaha

Mascherano 5’7″? Luxury.

Billy Bremner was 4’10”

Grew up in a paper bag in the middle of Arbroath High St. Ate gravel for dinner …. if he was lucky. Worked down the pit at the age of 5, 16 hours a day and paid for the privilege of being allowed a job. etc etc

37. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all,
    Nice one Rasp, didn’t think it would be long till we had a post about The Coq, Wenger had stated that he would probably be moved on in the summer, Loaned out to whoever would take him, and only recalled because we didn’t have anybody else. Flamoney Arteta Ramsey Wilshere all crocked, and all probable superstar’s or hasbeens. The Coq comes back, knowing that he has perhaps 3 or 4 games before he sits the pine again. Unless he takes this last chance and makes a name for himself.

Now i hate to say that he will turn out a must pick player, as when i do. they go down injured and never return the same. The Coq has pulled out all the stops, he hustles he bustles and he grafts, Yes of course he makes rash challenges, and yes he will pick up cards but he knows how easy it was for Wenger to loan him out, and i would think he doesn’t want that again.

Coq needs a few edges knocked off, but take nothing away from this little fighter, not the biggest HM i have seen but power packed, even with a busted \hooter he still wants to get amongst them and challenge for headers,

He went up very highly in my estimation at Old Toilet when he came up against Felainey, this wet behind the ears youngster gave this physical arm flailing player a torrid time, Felainey knew he had a fight on his hand very soon after the start, he elbowed Coq straight on his hooter hoping that would slow him down, but after the blood was wiped from his nose Coq was back at him, a very fine display as well i might add, My MOTM certainly was Coq Santi a close second but i gave it to Coq for his sheer belligerent attitude, fighting spirit of the highest order. Hopefully he remains fit if he does and get his hooter sorted those so called superstars and has beens will struggle to get a look in.

Thanks Steve. I didn’t intend to write the post. It was 9:30 and there was nothing in the loading bay so I just typed the first thing that came into my head. Having said that, I mean all I say about Le Coq. And, AND, he has signed a new contract so he wasn’t just upping his game for a big move elsewhere. I don’t ever want him to become comfortable, he has to be a fighter to be effective.

Isn’t it strange how some players just find ‘their time’ to emerge. There was us crying out for a battling DM all these years and we had one right under our noses in the end.

39. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening Rasp, whether you meant it or not he was worth a mention, When young players are faced with a future lower than what they had imagined, it jolts them back a bit and usually its down hill after that, but given a life saver he certainly took it by the short and curlies, and is certainly trying to make the position his own.

Personally if he keeps that hunger and aggressiveness i hope he does.

40. VCC says:

Cockie…the word your looking for is = ecstatic 🙂

41. jnyc says:

geat post Rasp..I’m already convinced that this is no fluke. he’s the real deal.
    more important, Arsene is convinced. and he got lucky on this one, because coquelin was written off in his mind..
    those who even dream of the golden boy schneidelin are dreaming.. never in a million years would wenger spend a lot of cash on a position where he knows he’s got an excellent starter. one basically free, the other, the back up 25m or more..
    forget it..
    for big games next year, Ramsey,wilshere, or santi will be told to play more defensive to support Coquelin.. no line up of le coq and another dm type… interesting mention Rasp about big teams coming in for him….. if he continues at this level through next season, we’ll give him a nice raise and extension.. thats the new Arsenal style no more easy poaching…
    here’s the best news… many dont want to admit.. le Coqs better than schneiderlin and most others anyway, so like i said, we AND Arsene got lucky..

A very good topic Rasp and well written. This should be one of those areas where most have an opinion because it is an area of the side that has long been touted as being a weak spot for us.

Cockie I wrote a post possibly up to 2 years back where I championed Le Coq as our possible solution so I feel deeply hurt that you have left me off your “I told you so” list.

My big plus for Le Coq was that he was quicker over the ground which is something I view as being more important than sheer size and something that Arteta and Flamini don’t offer. The player obviously needs some size strength and aggression for the role but I think Le Coq is perfectly adequate in those areas as Rocky’s list indicates. He is also the same size as Roy Keane.

Le Coq is actually quite good with his ball control, passing, retention under pressure and positioning although I think he can still improve in all those areas. I think he will improve those just with sheer numbers of games and the faith shown in him, and feel we have already seen an improvement since he came into the first team.

The other thing I always look at is what I consider to be the 2 types of DM’s. For me one is the sitting DM (Gilberto) and the other is the box to box or free roaming DM (Vieira). Le Coq is the sitting Gilberto type so if anything I would not look for another player like this, and I wonder if this is what Schneiderlin is. Maybe we can find a 2nd option within our ranks in a player who is primarily a CD who can play the sitting DM role as well, and I personally would consider Chambers for this.

Maybe now what we need from the transfer market is a more dynamic powerful box to box or free roaming DM. Probably the 2 best names out there are Vidal and Pogba but as vintage says they would expect to first on the team sheet. I wonder if there is a less celebrated DM player who can give us the pace and dynamic powerful presence in midfield but who will still be happy rotating with other players, but may yet develop into something much greater. I still wouldn’t turn my nose up at Sissoko from Necastle.

It may be that even this is not necessary now because I feel that the extra mobility that Le Coq gives us over Flamini and Arteta means he can do 1 1/2 times their defensive duties more effectively. He can get across and patrol that area in front of the back 4 quicker so can cut out danger more effectively before it gets to a critical level. I think that means he needs less regular help covering in front of the back 4 than those other 2. The positive knock on effect for me with this is that I feel that we can then play a slightly more attacking option with a freer role next to Le Coq, and we can pick any from Santi, Rosicky or Wilshere to play with him.

Le Coq certainly has made me reconsider what we truly need now than what I was feeling some 4 months ago.

43. stevepalmer1 says:

I would just like to say that Wenger has brought a nineteen year old Beilic he is supposed to be an ideal player to slip right in, as soon as Santi needs a rest i believe Wenger will blood him.

If the rumours are true that i am hearing that Santi has agreed personal details with another club, and will possibly be leaving in the summer Beilic will certainly get a few games, i reckon we may have our men all ready.

44. The Cockie Monster says:

Sorry Le Cottee !…….lets add you to the magnificent two and make it….. The 3 A me knows !………that`s if no other know it all bastard comes out of the woodwork !. 😆

Thanks Rasp

Cannot do anything but love the performances from Coquelin. Clearly a revelation to Arsene as much as us

I’ll get you Raddy for mentioning my birthday, but thanks all for the happy wishing.

Chas
    Thanks for being gentle with the photoshopping. Could so easily have slipped the old git into a twenty stone heffers body while sporting a skin tight 2015 strip. Bugger, that’ll be a full kit for next years portrait 🙂

Must go. Cake and stuff.

Oh and sorry Micky, a big happy birthday to you. Judging by the picture I am going for 33 but having met you out the back of the FFB I am suspicious of a bit of airbrushing. Still it was a bit dark out there so one can never be sure.

Cockie, don’t you think that being a “know it all bastard” is very liberating. I think others should give it a go. Far too many humble people on here.

Cockie Doodle,

I could not possibly say — that I am in any way a ‘know it all bastard’, but I can easily prove that I probably am because I am able to state that I said Le Coq was god’s answer to the holding midfielder conundrum before you did — using a simple quantum theory calculation.

\psi_1(x)= \frac{1}{\sqrt{k_1}} \left(A_\rightarrow e^{i k_1 x} + A_\leftarrow e^{-ik_1x}\right)\quad x0
    where the wave vectors are related to the energy via

k_1=\sqrt{2m E/\hbar^2}, and
    k_2=\sqrt{2m (E-V_0)/\hbar^2}

So that’s that then! 🙂

[Was there any money on it?]

Chelsea really are masters of the dark arts. Costa is throwing himself to the ground for fun and has just been denied a penalty because of it – karma

Sorry Redders I hate to pull you up on it but in your last line the E-V should be E+B otherwise you are describing (using quantum physics) how to make a Spanish omelette in your birthday suit at a hippy convention in Denmark. All camel wormers know this.

Another homer at Chelsea. Must cost Abramovich a fortune in holidays, gold Rolex and numbered Swiss bank accounts.

My hero Ibra sent off for a 50/50 tackle. Oscar not booked twice despite being on a yellow. Costa shouldn’t be on the pitch after elbowing Luiz. Etc etc.

10 v 12 means Chavs have a huge advantage

Happy 50th Micky — where’s the cake? 🙂

Rocky’s comment at 5:11 p.m. is interesting. All those players he listed are either finished, extinct or at the finito ends of their careers.

Apparently they are all under 5′ 9″ but when they started out they were all 6′ 5″ — until their bits wore out.

Therefore that shows that Le Coq at 5′ 8″ now will be 4′ 11″ when he finishes. Thanks Rocky. 😉

Rasp, was about to say something similar but a bit more derisive. I was going to say that the whole club is a cancer to football. Mourinho going public about how this is a mans game and contact happens, going public about how he hates simulation and players trying to get others sent off then Oscar goes down with a broken leg and his team-mates indicating Ibrahimovich has killed him then he is up and running around like a gazelle as soon as the red is given. I bet Mourinho found that acceptable.

GB i could see there was something wrong with RA’s calcualtion but it needed your experience and intellect to see the mistake and the result

Oddly enough GoonerB I am in my birthday suit at a hippy convention in Denmar with a bunch of camel wormers similarly attired.

But don’t worry they have explained that I should under no circumstances take a breath before blowing the camel wormer pellet up its ass, in case of blow back.

Look what happened to Rocky. No one told him! 🙂

Totally agree GB, video replays would have got the right decision – a yellow for both players. Costa has been winding up the PSG centre backs all game, running into them off the ball and going down like he’s been shot. Disgusting tactics from Maureen’s team. Did you see Costa talking to Maureen behind his hand and winking = the plan is working

I knew you would recognise that formula as well Raddy. 🙂

Ah stage 1 of your camel worming training complete Redders. Welcome to the fold.

How is the knee Redders. Did you get an official diagnosis?

GoonerB,

That was a nice try but in the final analysis;

If you substituted k_2=\sqrt{2m (E+B)/\hbar^2} instead of;

k_2=\sqrt{2m (E-V_0)/\hbar^2}

you would end up with Cockie shagging either the camel or the camel wormer – so don’t wear lipstick! 🙂

GB,

I have more physio tomorrow, with an MRI scheduled for next Monday if the actual problem remains uncertain.

It does not appear to be soft tissue damage, but something under the patella. I can wiggle my knees like my auntie Kate but any pressure and I squeam and squeam like a big, big gurl. 🙂

Can’t watch any more of these Chelsea cheats. If our team performed like them I would stop supporting them but thankfully AW wouldn’t stand for it

RA, still sounds potentially like a bursitis under the knee cap, possibly also a patella tendonitis. Hope the physios sort it or they identify the problem and can deal with it simply.

BTW, relevant to Rasp’s fine post. Verrati looks decent as an all action CDM but I also like the look of Pastore.

Every time I watch any team that poisonous dwarf Maureenho manages it makes me want to spew.

As other top managers have said about him he is the epitome of anti-football — or a scumbag as many others understand it.

And how did Cavan blow that chance? Damn.

I dislike cheatski more than totnum if that’s possible 😦

There’s another one on top of Veratti and Pastore, Rabiot. And they have Matuidi. We must be able to get one of them.

Me too, Rasper. 😦

Poetic justice for David quiz to equalise.

The Chavs to a man are diving cheats!!

70. wally says:

I’m a big fan of Coquelin. He’s made a difference since coming back. He’s given this team what it’s been missing, grit. He’s added some sorely needed sandpaper tot he side. Get’s stuck in, good and stuck in. And I think his time away will serve him well. He knows the other side of the coin. He’s had a chance at the brass ring and hopefully won’t let it go.
    He’s not a typical wenger player in that he’s not as good on the ball as wenger would like. He doesn’t have the best distribution but so what. What he brings in temperament is far more valuable to the team.
    I like gnrn5’s description, an honest player.
    I hope he sticks.

Come on PSG! Hold on now and kick the cheating Chavs out

That is going to be a long 2 or 3 minutes, Rockabilly. 🙂

Incidentally, I have not been too impressed with the striker we have been linked to – Cavani. What???? 🙂

Hello Redders 🙂
    Moaniho is horrible and so are his diving, fouling, boring team.

Me either (Cavani)

Haha – Chavs out!

Yeeeeeeeezzzzzz!! F*ck off Moanhio.

78. stevepalmer1 says:

Now that has made my week

Hahahaaaaa cheatski out. Clarkson in the stands – are you sure you want him reinstated?

Did not see that coming when the 10 men gave away that penalty!!

Brilliant! 🙂

Hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhagagaga.

Remember how all those people said that Arsene and Pellegrini should have phoned Maureen for advice on how to win these ties……oops!

Oh and two set piece goals conceded by a man marking defence. Watch how Cahill expertly blocks Terry from getting to Silva.

On that penalty RA, do you think Silva touches it? I know his hands up there but I’m not sure he touched the ball.

Did not look it Exile – but with the Chavs all surrounding the refrain, it was no surprise.

PSG were so much better than the cheating Chavs.

How I hate their disgusting diving and histrionics and pressuring the ref — it has the stink of Maureen all over it.

Jamie Carragher leading an inquest into why Chavs (apparently the best team in the EPL) are out and why Arsenal and City may follow. Perhaps Jamie while pundits like you condone the “in yer face” tactics of the PL the best team I the league won’t be ill equipped for European football and the teams that try to play football that could do well in Europe won’t be so hampered by injuries and physical exhaustion. But don’t forget we have the best league in the world.

It hasn’t been for the last five or six years.

refrain = ref again. — sorry.

Verratti was a bundle of energy throughout the game. Terrific player.

Well the good feelings keep coming — seeing the Mancs off on Monday and seeing the poison dwarf’s louts losing tonight is why I love football. 🙂

By the way Rasp nice post on Le Coq, I like his attitude, and I do like that he is responsible with the ball at his feet, if he doesn’t have an option for Santi he doesn’t mind going for a longer pass which means we gain some yards, and at times he will take the ball forward himself.

Will he continue to be good enough? I think it depends on how the players around him play. I think it depends whether he is prepared to keep his head down, Frimpong has a very similar skill set but the lad felt he had made it before he had even started, Coq seems to be a bit quieter off the pitch and has been prepared to go out on loan to earn his stripes.

Hahahaha Maureen trying to claim PSG are better at the dark arts……..i’ve heard it all now!

90. stevepalmer1 says:

Maureen really struggling to explain why his team of cheats, couldn’t beat a 10 man team on their own shit hole.

Seemed quite simple to me, the other side were just better.

“It is not a time to cry, and also not a time to laugh. It is time to analyse the situation.”

Haha, just got in, feckin wonderful.

95. Coq has something more than for example Flamini, something about rythm and reading of the game, and his footwork is better than both Flams and Arteta, but I am still cautious about how good he really is in a longer term. Right now he is close to Veratti, but not quite there. The problem might be if we are stuck with a player who is not sufficent to make us push for top-two, next level, over a season, but still really good.

But anyway there is no guarantees of long term quality anywhere!

A question that has do with Coq is the future of Santi – like StevePalmer said above there might be some content in the rumours about him leaving (from my spanish sources there seems to be more than just bullocks) and then the balance of the midfield is something that has to be solved, with someone coming in, or?

So nice to see Chelsea got knocked out in the end!

Sounds like a pleasant evening in Fulham last night 🙂

Almost as satisfying as our win at OT

Can’t find any pics of blubbing Chavs 😦

Must be a heartbroken young Dimitri out there somewhere, or even a crest fallen skinhead

I’ll keep looking

Lovely to see that shower lose. Hated them ever since the Wayne Bridge goal at Highbury.

Even better to hear the media finally recognise the Mourinho hypocrisy – his team is a disgrace.

I am a passionate Englishman and support English teams whenever they play foreign opposition (apart fro Spurs, of course) but I cannot support cheats. Chelsea dishonour the EPL.

post sent

Raddy
    I’ll assume you weren’t “buoyed” by England losing at cricket the other day 🙂

Micky. Shameful and embarrassing

103. stevepalmer1 says:

I see Micky beat me to it, but one in Nuts should we need it later.

104. Good morning all

Raddy, I must then me un-typically un-English because I never want to see other English teams win against foreign oppostion. I want to see Everton un-done in the Europa league tonight and City go un-der against Barca next week. However, I want the G-un-ners to be un-afraid and un-do the Monaco defence next week and win 3- 0. Anything else will be un-acceptable, I’m an un-abashed un-English Gooner. Just a shame tickets for the match are un-available.

‘ucking Hell Eddie.

You’ve buggered up the morning sessions. I demand and need tales of daring, assault, and lesbians.

Me, too.
    The only good thing about a Premier League team going through is that you get another chance to see them knocked out in the next round. 🙂

Micky
    How do you work out when the surfing’s on?
    I can’t make head nor tail of that WSL site.

NB
    I am as English as the oak timers on HMS Victory. Just happen to loathe 99% of them 🙂

Eddie said she was off to Poland this week.

What are oak timers?

Eddie. Get your skinny arse back on AA – toot sweet

I go look Chas

Oak timbers?

Morning all, I know sCHadenfreude is an unworthy trait, but the cheating chelski chavs (CH3) have really brightened my day 🙂

I’ve only just seen this.
    John Terry grabs Cahill at the corner.
    Laughed, I nearly shat.

Chas
    It’s kind of dull after the massive waves of Hawaii at the moment.
    1st three rounds in Aus, then off to Tahiti

Had a look at Events and still can’t make anything out.
    Is there surfing today and if so, what time, please?

The Victory was a boat Rasp, and made of wood 🙂

Oak to be exact. Well apart from the mast. That was beech and came from down the road from me in Devon

No surfing to day. Trying tomorrow
    Dawn Patrol. March 13. 7.00am AEST

Micky, I was the one who understood your typo hence my @ 9:02 …. it’s chas and nb69 you need to address that comment to 😆

121. Shard says:

HAhahahahahaha.. Mourinho the genius. And trying to get by in the interview later by making it a case of ‘us’ English sides are clean and these dirty foreigner sides are ‘clever’. (Something which Gary Neville tried to say during the match as well.)

A full week to prepare and Chelsea looked low on energy. They were up a man and looked like they had the numerical disadvantage. They were denied a penalty, but received so many calls their way, not least of which was the red card, and also a soft/incorrect penalty in extra time.

Moaninho’s moaning at the end of the first leg and before the second leg about PSG’s ‘aggressive’ play caused that, and I’m certain the players were instructed to make a meal of everything and surround the ref at every opportunity. It worked too. Except their players thought that having achieved that, it was job done.

The ref showed incredible leniency towards Oscar in the first half, and the refereeing was so inept that 6 officials couldn’t spot Costa either kicking out or pushing a man onto the floor. In fact, I believe Costa was instructed to pick up the first yellow by Mourinho. He was talking to him just a little while before, and then he went in on Silva to cause annoyance and disrupt the game, which they actually managed to do for a while. That was the limit of tactical instruction I saw from their self styled genius of the manager. Glad it didn’t pay off, and PSG, not one of my favourite teams either, come out of the game with much credit.

Veratti was fantastic. He is the kind of player Wilshere should be. He has much the same skill set, except Jack lacks the same intelligence and positional sense. Maybe in time.

Rasp
    Yeah, just clocked the typo. Don’t you just hate smart arses 🙂

This came up when I googled oak timer?

Shard
    Interesting you say Chavs were low on energy. Perhaps their lack of rotation will begin to tell.
    When are we playing them? 🙂

Well Chas, I’ll just have to be as English as one of those babies. Sod the ‘effing boat 🙂

Ta.
    AEST? What’s that in real money?

On the topic of Oak and Beech timbers Micky, wasn’t it the case that both Dartmoor and Exmoor were once mainly forest but the trees were cut down to extend farming and to build the fleet that defeated the Armada etc?

Well, the whole country was forest, but you’re right. Hence The New Forest planted to provide new “timers” 🙂

I still don’t understand. What are oak timers? Is it a disease, as in “poor chap, he has oak timers”?

130. Shard says:

Micky

Sunday 26th April. Though it’s unlikely, hopefully we can beat them and also prevent them from winning the title. A couple of injuries and they might yet struggle.

ManU are going to find themselves in further trouble with their run of games left in the league. Will we see refs help them out again? Cos without that, I don’t think they’ll get top 4.

Liverpool seem a bigger threat to our position at the moment. Hopefully Blackburn slowed down their momentum.

We have a New Post …………….

Happy Birthday for yesterday Micky

132. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    Just read that our young signing Bielik who i thought was 19 happens to be 17 he played in an under 21 match Tuesday night and although they lost was said to have had a very good debut,

Apparently Wenger has told him he will not be playing for the first team as he wants to blood him in most of the under 21’s games but that he has a good future and will be called up when the time comes. Arsenals under 21’s coach said that Bielik reminds him of Patric Viera so no pressure on him then.

133. Brain Age: Train Your mind inn A few minutes a Day showcased several
    short gaes that will designer Doctr Ryuta Kawashima claimed would incrrase blood circulation to the prefontal cortex.

Whilst they create a dinner banquet for their dolls
    and stufffed animals, you will definitely gget hhours associated with enjoyment viewing them learn to be innovative.
    The other issue iss that I’ve wasted regarding 4 hours in past times week playing this.

It is a page tto organize the games I’ve created oor customized ignificantly which includes notes regarding content.The hokuse
    in Eliminated Home” is definitely filled with nods to the style of online games that influenced
    it; 1 subtopic challenged students to collecht the hidden references.
    There are many different online games that can be efficient when used by the right teacher for the right
    group of students, ” Husøy explained. After i look for
    video games to put in the particular classroom, I personally use the same method as any otther media.
    These are destroying the normal values aand exicon that allow all
    of us to communicate with each other plus hold all of us
    together being a society. The majority of games with a sexual concept feature a man character and a lot of naked women.
    A new series of games appear regularly and therefore youu do
    not obtain bored playing thhe same gamnes again and again, thse people get a
    new variety of game ebery time each goes online. The most recent series of games these day’s are get away games where you have
    to emerge from the trap solve the pargicular puzzle, get
    the keys and score a lot more as possible. Give consideration though, since
    the game speeds up aas you go. If you love Code Lyoko games you will find others upon mygames4girls.

This is a page to oranize the particular games I’ve created or modified
    considerably with skme notes about content material.
    The house in Gone Home” iss filled with nods tto the genre off gazmes that
    willl inspired this; one subtopic challengwd learners to collect thhe particular
    hidden recommendations. There are plenty of various games
    that can be efective whenever used by the best
    teacher for that right number of students, ” Husøy explained.
    When I look forr games to putt in the class room, I use the same approach every other mass media.
    They are wrecking the common beliefs and lexicon that enable us
    in order to communicate wigh one another and keep us collectively aas
    a society. The majority of online games with a intimate theme feature a male perssonality aand lots of nude women.
    Thee particular legacxy remaining by Russia’s firstt wintertime
    Games any of sparkling purpose-built circleds with little if
    any post-Games make use of, a massive overhaul of facilities at the Dark sea resort and a record
    price tag that triggered modifications for
    upcoming Olympics.
    By blaming the European turmoil on wages and the price of labor
    plus ignoring the role associated with credit flows within the financial
    union, economists are letting Big Banks off the
    connect, absolving all of them from any responsibility, leave alone blame – aand unjustifiably so.