Out of tune Gunners

One of the best things about English football is the fantastic atmosphere during games created by the attending fans. Every team and every stadium has tunes that are readily recognisable as theirs. But what about the Arsenal?

There are times that I am not proud of being one of the Arsenal supporters. This is because we cannot sing to save our lives. We are one of the worst song writers and our chants are one of the poorest out there.

Ok, no chant is worse than Tottenham’s ‘Oh When the Spurs’ in slow motion. How the hell is this to motivate the team? Funeral marches have better tempo. And then on the other side of the spectrum there is Liverpool’s ‘You Never Walk Alone’ which I find hard to listen to without goose pimples. The Scousers can sing it, you have to give it to them. I will never understand how ‘I am forever blowing bubbles’ became a football song?  But it has and everybody that hears it will think of West Ham United. Or one of the best love songs ever – ‘Blue Moon’ becomes Man City’s iconic tune.

The AFC tried to force ‘The Wonder of You’ on us,  but we resisted singing alone to it and thank Dennis this is gone now. It has been replaced by Clash’s ‘London Calling’, but even this great song failed to make the fans sing. Can you hear any joining in?

I was surprised though that Roger Daltrey’s ‘Highbury Highs’ wasn’t adopted by the fans. It was a great song and relatively easy to sing alone to.

Perhaps it didn’t sound the same at the Emirates as it did in intimate, magical Highbury. On the bright side guys we should be grateful that Chas and Dave are not Arsenal supporters, that could have been painful.

What can be done about it? The singing section has failed miserably and we still are without an anthem, except for this

Written by Eddie

165 Responses to Out of tune Gunners

I like it, Eddie, ta.

This is my favourite Arsenal tune. It accompanies that Vieira video that Sharkey likes so much (the one with DB10’s banana pass to Paddy).

I think if the club played this every game, we’d start to join in eventually.

“Arsenal – the greatest club in the world
    Arsenal – the greatest club we know
    Arsenal – taught the world how to play
    Arsenal – always leads the way”

Just for a change here’s the other video on youtube which uses it.

I’ve finally tracked down where the song comes from.

Here’s the front cover – superb.

yes chas, I like it too ,but I’ve never heard it at the stadium
    We need our ‘You never walk alone’, a tune that will always be associated with the Arsenal

Like ‘We’re racist (x3) and that’s the way we like it (x3) will always belong to Chelsea 🙂 Morons, what have they done to the club they allegedly love

I still have an affection for Good Old Arsenal even if it is written by Jimmy Hill. And it was excellent when we had the Freddie Red Hair song which died when he left. Maybe we should always have a player with red hair!

I have no idea why we don’t have a club song – many clubs don’t. I like Stoke’s Delilah nothing to do with the club but it works.

Ah, that site doesn’t like you hot-linking to the photos on its site.
    Here’s the web page instead.

Too right Eddie, and thanks.

A Club Anthem needs to have that blokey tribal thing going on, so whatever the words, recording something like that Anthem Arsenal FC rubbish is never going to catch on.

Firstly you need to appeal to those Lower North Bankers that think they’re the hard core fans. Therefore having something all middle classy accents, with women and children accompanied by sounds similar to a West End Musical is never going to catch on.

Think all male Welsh Valley Choir, then translate it into Cockney Geezer and you’re in with a chance.

7. The Cockie Monster says:

This all we need !……Wenger on the PA system saying……” Gooners. what is your profession ? “.

8. The Cockie Monster says:

I bet that made Transplants hairs on his back stand up !……which was enough time for his wife to get the vacuum cleaner out are hoover his back !.

Effin cosmic.
    They don’t want many Gooners there for some reason.

11. The Cockie Monster says:

Our FA Cup quarter final game against Manshafter is on Monday 9th March @ 19:45 and already supporters are complaining about not getting a train back as there are none scheduled !………tough Surrey bastards !…..you should have thought of that when you became a glory hunter !.

It’s an absolute disgrace.
    West Brom v Villa is Saturday tea-time
    Their grounds are just over 3 miles apart.

13. The Cockie Monster says:

Best they change venues and play it at the Emirates, then both sets of supporters will have less of a journey !.

Nice one Cockie.

Always good to see the PL caring for the fans

16. It’s the FA, not the Premier League this time.

17. The Cockie Monster says:

No we don’t come out on top on this link, but the main point is…… by my reckoning, it would need the Spuds to be better than us by 12.34 points per season for 100 years to be on a par with us…..so lets call it 101 years to be better than us…..well they do like a year with a one ending it !……..no chance !….more chance of Rooney giving up his season ticket at the Toxteth Social Club Grab a Grannie Night !.
    Actually it would interesting reading to nick Rooney`s wallet and look at all his membership and season ticket cards !……..Greggs Bakers…….Toxteth BOGOF card ( Buy One Grannie…One Free )……….Yaks Testicle Hair Transplant Service…….Scouse to English Translating Services !…….Peter Sutcliffe`s Charm School…….

Must admit I like Good Old Arsenal.

rasp – has this post reached the 10k hits yet 🙂 🙂

Nice Evonne.

I have never sung or worn colours in my life. I prefer hurling abuse, though age and Gestapo like authorities have toned me down. My peak was when we were at Highbury.

I calculate that between 1985 and 2000, I must have earned the club a good 50 points by putting opponents of there game.

Things like “Le Tissier, the Mrs has thrown me out. Can I live up your nose?”. He was playing brilliant up to that but then turned shit.

I think the non singing comes from the late seventies when I used to go games with non practising hooligan “Stinky Steve”.

“Dont wear colours or sing Tel. They know who you are then”

The last straw was at a Karaoke party when I had just managed to belt out “Night fever Night fever, we gota” when he got up on stage, started wrestling me for the mic and yelled. “What you doing you mug? The ICF will know who you are” I never saw him after that.

Anyway, each to there own.

I think all Greeks will be yelling like lunatics when they get thrown out of the euro Cornwall.

“This is Drachma, and I cant afford that piece of Feta Cheese” dosen’t have the same impact though. hahaha

Terry. Another slice of comic genius. Love the Tiss insult

Cockie. We are only 60 points behind L’pool. We should go top about the middle of next season

24. stevepalmer1 says:

evening all,Nice one Eddie,
    Why dont they sing at The Emirates, quite simple answer really, stand in the crowd anywhere in the stadium and look around you every nationality in the world there, you feel like a foreigner in your own country and its pretty obvious that none of them want to sing with you, The many that i have seen speak in languages that i have never heard before, so why would they want to sing, and why would i want to sing with them. Want to sing go to a concert still surrounded by foreigners, but you can still sing with the band, This is not a racist comment, but people still do not mix..

25. The Cockie Monster says:

This country has been made of immigrants for longer than any of us have lived and is fantastically better off for it, dont see what “johnny foreigner” at the Emirates has to do with singing !. From what I see on Arsenal TV interviews after away games,we have a great mixture of all races and they certainly know how to sing !.
    This is a post about finding a song/ideas or ways for Arsenal to compete with the other clubs who have anthems….not about race !.

26. stevepalmer1 says:

Soon got you back up Cockle, If your such an expert perhaps you know the answer then.

Brilliant comment Cornwall

Steve, yeah its all my fault. Just when a bunch of gooners are about to break into song I get out the barbecue, start skewing some lovely meat and dance round the fire whilst simultaneously playing with my bouzouki.

28. stevepalmer1 says:

Hiya Terry, Usually i am gagging for a fag so not in the mood for singing, Banning fags & beer in the stand has to have some blame for it

I bet there’s plenty of playing with your bouzouki, Terence.

Football is all about television as the manc tie on a Monday night testifies.

Who gives a feck if there’s no atmosphere in the stadium if you can earn millions from the rights to the game through advertising?

You can’t sell your soul to Mephistopheles and expect anything different.

Terry
    I thought you were from Bounds Green?

OK, so maybe the Beeb don’t earn their money through advertising, but selling on their coverage worldwide must earn a pretty penny.

32. Terry Mancini Hair Transplant says:

Fags and booze Steve? Sure your not a bubble haha
    Yes chas, and I play to a very low standard haha

33. arnie says:

thank you, Cockie. that needed to be said. 🙂

Lovely post, Evonne, and apols knot ear. I would love an anthem. 🙂 and on the odd occasion when I have singers around me, it comes naturally. I am thinking of you, GiE. 🙂 whether that is enhancing or detrimental to the welfare of all others around me, I do not know, I do knot care. 😛

Nice post yesterday, Rasp. 🙂 I think video tech is just round the corner. Will it stop the problems? The sceptic in me says NO. Refs turn a blind eye to cheating and thuggery because they support certain clubs, and likewise the pundits. The culture is rotten, and it will take a long time to mend. Sad, very sad. 😦

Apparently this was filmed at Vrisaki

arnie
    You spend far too much time being sad 😦
    Apart from when you’re being happy. of course 🙂

p.s. did you like the Frankie Boyle blog posted this morning?

Micky
    Even with the Bouzouki, the high notes produce a ‘just about to pinch one off’ look on the face of the protagonist.

37. The Cockie Monster says:

Frankie Boyle is my favourite comedian…….it was in comedy terms a crying shame when he was gagged on Mock the Week !, more needless censorship on humour !…….it all started when he joked about the queens pussy being so old that it was haunted !, now her being an Arsenal fan, lets hope it`s just Terry`s ghosts of the thirties stirring and nothing evil that possesses Prince Philip when he`s getting down admiring her crown jewels !.

38. Terry Mancini Hair Transplant says:

Funny enough chas, I have a pinched face when playing my bouzouki

Have you noticed how the Beeb’s links to their Q/F Monday coverage feature Fat Wayne?

40. arnie says:

I did see it, Chas. 🙂 and I did enjoy it. 🙂

I am reading all the comments, but seldom find time to contribute

41. The Cockie Monster says:

Just a technical mix up error, chas !………..someone at the beeb thought it was about Rooney and his place in the Quarter Pounder Finals of the Burger Championships !.

Schalke’s teenage goalkeeper is so nervous, poor baby panics every time Ronaldo gets the ball 😦

Steve considering this post was written by Eddie/Evonne who is proud Pole (unless you ask her to defend Szczesny) I have to say I’m in agreement with Cockie it’s not about the nationality of attendees.

Do you really think it’s that different at any other PL ground.

I’m sure Chas can provide videos of Arsenal fans from the four corners of the globe and a lot in between belting out Arsenal songs in their fan pubs. Personally I’ve never felt like there were less local than foreign voices anyway but I know there are a lot of fans that seek embarrassed at the thought of letting rip in their own ground and like to come up with excuses why they dont. But it’s not like we had anthems at Highbury. We had a lot of songs but no anthems to raise the team when they are down.

No it is definitely not about nationality, the question is about an identifiable song that everyone associates with the club. As Evonne says Liverpool adopted YNWA as did Celtic, West Ham Bubbles, City Blue Moon, to be fair Spuds Oh When The Spurs is obviously more suited to Southampton and is really their adopted song.

So the real question is why have we never adopted a song, one reason I guess is as London is we are not true cockneys so easy end songs will not work, otherwise we could of had something like ” Roll out the cannons, we’ll get a barrel of goals” terrible.

Maybe it was because during the 60’s and 70’s when a number of songs were adopted from the music of the day we were playing dogshite football and fans who attended like Raddy and Keksey could do laps of the North Bank during the game and not see another soul.

So the plan is come up with an anthem……I’ve always thought we could butcher the Kasabian Song Underdog to be a bit more Arsenal, but it’s a bit of a reach on the vocal scale and for many of us starting in a high key will leave us nowhere to go.

Maybe as Highbury Grammar school song was Jerusalem we could adopt that.

And did those feet in ancient time
    Run upon Arsenal’s field of green?
    And was the team from Woolwich born
    On Highbury’s pleasant pastures seen?
    And did the countenance divine
    Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
    And was The Arsenal builded here
    Among those dark satanic spuds?

Bring me my bow of burning gold!
    Bring me my arrows of desire!
    Bring me my spear: o clouds unfold!
    Bring me my chariots of fire!
    I will not cease from mental fight;
    Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
    Till we have built The Arsenal
    In Highbury’s green and pleasant land.

“Among those dark satanic spuds?”
    Nailed it. 🙂

Cockie I think the problem with Frankie Boyle on Mock The Week was that by the end they were recording for hours and still didn’t have any useable material, I have heard Dara and others and whilst they all think he is funny he did get a bit ahead of himself and thought the show was all his. Personally I think Mock the Week is better without him as it seems less competitive in terms of getting gags and airtime.

But if happily watch him live, but still no comedian comes close to Bill Hicks.

GIE, the biggest compliment I can pay Cornwall is that a lot of his jokes remind me of Boyle and have had me laughing so hard I have feared groin problems. Its pretty X rated though so a lot of it dosnt pass the Peaches mums test

Hicks is different class and one of the all time greats.

My favourate is Dave Allen. Very clever and very funny

Anyway, back to the making some noise.

Steves right about the fags and booze, and a standing section would be good to with cheaper prices to let in more youngsters and “working class” people.

Which effectively means that chas is closest to the truth. Football has sold its soul and one of the prices is atmosphere.

49. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening GIE,
    I dont have a problem with any Nationality, My intention was to answer what i believed to be the problem, I am normally wrong in all my assumptions, bit surprised anybody answered.

I may be the only Englishman who is not Racist, but is it so wrong to like the idea of watching football in my own country at an English football club with 60,000 English supporters all singing their hearts out in the same Language.

Not going to happen i know, Eddie’s a Pole i know that i have no problem with that, we went to war to save them. I would never like to upset her but i don’t rate Czezesney had he been English i still wouldn;t rate him, but i doubt he gives a shit.

50. arnie says:

Chas. I had to return to the Frankie Boyle blog, having only speed read it this morning, And what a gem!

“We don’t live in a shared reality, we each live in a reality of our own, and causing upset is often the price of trying to reach each other. It’s always easier to dismiss other people than to go through the awkward and time consuming process of understanding them. We have given taking offence a social status it doesn’t deserve: it’s not much more than a way of avoiding difficult conversations.”

Bloody fc*king fantastic. British society is a fantastic place. Of couse I would say so, would I not! I am still an Indian citizen, proudly. But the respect and appreciation that I have been lucky to receive in this island I would probably not be afforded anywhere else in the world.

And the British are also fantastic in taking a laugh at other peoples, and they can pull it off because they are genuinely self-critical and can have a laugh at themselves.

But people like myself who have survived the gutters, literally, tend to run a bit of a short fuse. Zero tolerance! Just try telling me that a good guy who is good enough to wear the shirt has not given his 100% on the field and you would find out soon enough. 🙂

Fiercely protective, and rightly so, of what we have painstakingly earned. Such as, the previlege of supporting the great Gooners! The previlege of standing in the crowd together with friends and strangers, singing and shouting for the good guys, sharing the agonies and ecstacies with many others. 🙂

A copule of weeks back, there was a nasty incident here within the campus in Michigan State University. I got into an argument with a bloke as to whether it was OK to have a smoke 5m from a building or whether one had to move 20m away. Relatively innocuous but fiesty, until this guy suggested “you darkies” should feck off from this country and not bring it down. I retorted that he should probably consider leaving because this great country would be better off without such racist barstewards as himself.

The guy did not expect such a reaction. Would I let this go as “trying to reach each other”? Never. In the event, I also reported him to the authorities. Here is where I would draw the line. No compromises. Zero tolerance. Here is where I have a slight difference with Frankie Boyle.

Otherwise, free speech is fine. So long as it is genuinely free, and not conditioned on tacit support (or lack of complaint) from the majority. 🙂 Because such conditions then make it devoid of genuine “free”dom. Up the Arse! 🙂

Very interesting read Arnie.

LB. Just home from a big night out?

Arnie. Love your reply to the barsteward

Is that monkey face thing a flower?!!!

Allan Clarke?

Motning all.

I vote Exile’s Jerusalem by a distance

Ya, orchid.

57. Shard says:

Morning All

Sorry Evonne for not commenting. I’ve been trying to cut back on my time online, and trying to get back into the real world. So less active on footie blogs 🙂

Personally, I don’t get the brouhaha about YNWA. I know I know. Everyone sees it so there must be something there, but I don’t get it. I don’t find it particularly moving.

I don’t think we should force an anthem onto the Arsenal. It would be nice if there were some song which reflected our club so well, and was catchy enough to be an anthem, but if not, it’s no biggie. I doubt force feeding people an anthem would improve the atmosphere. Even in my very limited appearances there, I’ve seen the stadium rock. Particularly in the Milan 3-0 game and the first Spurs 5-2. People are up for a big game, and less up for shouting when it’s a ‘mundane’ thing. Maybe if we had more tourists (of any nationality, including English) who still find it special to get to go to games, you might actually get a better atmosphere. The league cup games seem to support that.

So how do you break ennui? My guess is you don’t. It’s the age of the entitled and they’ll do what they want, because they can afford it. It’s not a problem unique to Arsenal either. I don’t think the atmosphere is great at most clubs, except maybe the smaller clubs whose fans are enjoying their time at the top (like Palace maybe)

An anthem would be good to have, but only if it happens organically. Nothing scripted or forced would work. In my opinion.

No intelligent design eh. Piffle.

59. Couldn’t we have an Arsenal song that went along with this… cos it seems to be something were always going on about, moving up from 4th 🙂

60. Shard says:

arnie

For some reason, your comment made me smile. I can’t quite say why. Especially since it included a nasty experience.

I think there is a difference between free speech and having the freedom to offend, and looking to cause offense because you have free speech.
    Likewise, there is also a difference between being offended and looking to be offended.
    Too often, we have people who go looking to be offended. Even if outwardly it’s supposed to be well meaning. I don’t like it. In my experience, often the people in the news, screaming racism or any other form of discrimination, are inherently looking for it everywhere.

Seriously, those orchids are getting spooky

Shard

“Maybe if we had more tourists (of any nationality, including English) who still find it special to get to go to games, you might actually get a better atmosphere. The league cup games seem to support that.

Excellent point 🙂

Forget singing, every body should hurl abuse.

Singing good old Arsenal wont get us points. What would though is shouting “Rooney, you look like Cary Grant in a hall of mirrors”

Transplant

I see you as something of a motivational expert 🙂

If anyone was trying to get the 8.01 manager, here was the home leg. 🙂

see, chas @8:37 is the proof the we can sing. If it is a catchy tune, easy to remember (not too ambitious words wise), we can deliver.
    Shard – evolve? we have been evolving since 1886 and nothing! How much longer do you think we should let the evolution take its time 🙂

Nay, I think the Club should invest in writing or modifying something popular, hiring some 100 loud mouths (GiE springs to mind) to make noise during games and within months we could have our own song

Sven 🙂

The dirty old dog

Oh I get it
    9:00 o’clock on the dot, and it’s everyone behind the curtains 🙂

why would anybody be behind the curtains??

70. Shard says:

Eddie 🙂

But I don’t think we necessarily need an anthem. Maybe it’s even better without it. I don’t mind Arsenal standing for itself without a song to define it and its supporters. Let Liverpool have their YNWAs and City their Blue Moons. We don’t need a song to define us. We’re the Arsenal.

Hev you got a post boy? hev you got a post …

Shard, I disagree. I really think we need a song-anthem tune 🙂 Sadly I don’t think it’s gonna happen, we will forever chant ‘stand up if you hate Tottnumb’

Nothing, no thing, zilch, nada, nienti Rasp 😦

I was thinking, honest, but everything I think of I reckon I’ve done. We kinda need something footbally just because in a weird kind of way it’s a kind of football blog 🙂

micky – can you not pretend that uncle Earnest was a Gunner and write a few stories about him?

😆 Micky, I can think of ‘footbally’ topics to write about – I just need a volunteer

76. The Cockie Monster says:

Apparently, The Scousers equivalent to our Gay Gooners sing their own version of YNWA called………” You`ll Never Wank Alone ! “………Safety in numbers !.

77. The Cockie Monster says:

GIE, I have watched Bill Hicks and it was as recommended by you, was a very funny guy !.
    I`m probably in a minority of liking Jimmy Carr…I like Stewart Francis for his one liners and love Paul Chowdhry .

Cockie – you are in a minority full stop 🙂

79. forfarfor says:

I never thought I would see the words “Kermit masturbating” in a public place until Chas at 8.46pm. ROLF

I wonder if Arsene has anyone lined up to replace Santi next season – or is it just that he hopes Jack will slot into a similar role?

81. stevepalmer1 says:

One in Nuts should you need it

82. I’ve lost my bloody wi fi connection at home, think I’ve done something on my laptop. Had to come to the bar to check out another wi fi connection, which seems ok. So here’s a photo, hello from me at the bar…. cheers

A likely story!
    Link doesn’t work.

84. The Cockie Monster says:

Not surprising the link doesn’t work…..do they have technology in France ?………I mean, they still use a guillotine for circumcision in their hospitals !.

69, if its one of them photos you sent me wearing just your socks and that silly bandanna, then there might be a spam filter.

86. ha ha Back home now and wi fi seems to be working againd, fecking bizarre. Perhaps it’s a good thing the photo doesn’t work… I’m an ugly fecker and as Transplant suggests, I’m only wearing me socks 🙂

Here’s my take on an Arsenal anthem.

Maybe it’s because I’m a Gooner
    That I love Arsenal so
    Maybe it’s because I’m a Gooner
    That I think of them wherever I go
    I get a funny feeling inside of me
    Every time they score a goal
    Maybe it’s because I’m a Gooner
    That I love Arsenal so
    Get off your barrow
    That I love Arsenal so…………..

Nothing could be more London than “Maybe it’s because I’m a Londoner” by Flanagan & Allen. Maybe one of our tech savvy guys could post their video.

Haha, I’ll pretend I’m tech savvy.

The existing football version has two additions.
    After “I get a funny feeling inside of me” they sing ‘sp*nk’
    and instead of “get off your barrow” they sing ‘get off me sister’

Thanks Chas but I get a message saying “This video is not available”

What teams use the song Chas?

92. arnie says:

motning all. cold and crisp here, -20C.

nice comment, Shard. 🙂 nice motning batner, spooky orchids and all. 🙂 🙂 🙂

any ROLF on the footie front? 😛

Any better?

Millwall
    West Ham
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Charlton
    ………….after a quick look

95. arnie says:

perfect for me, Chas. 🙂

That worked Chas – very nice. When my family sang the song it was a lot louder and considerably faster.

Wow that many teams! just shows had bad my memory has become.

I’d imagine a lot were copying others, GN5.

Another version

Yup – a lot more like it – I can hear it reverberating around the front room of my Grandparents house on Stavordale Road N5 – those memories are crystal clear……….

101. The Cockie Monster says:

Right lads and ladettes !, this is it, it fits the bill for being simple…just like us lot !…and it`s the Arsenal supporting Leona Lewis version of Snow Patrols Run, but with my words and it is rousing !…….that’s rousing ! Transplant, not arousing, you letch !. hahaha

We are The Ar-se-nal FC
    We are The Ar-se-nal FC
    We are The Ar-se-nal FC
    The Ar-se-nal

Repeat

Arsenal Arsenal ( see how I manage to get the site name in ! 🙂 )
    We are The Ar-se-nal
    We are The Arsenal FC
    We are The Ar-se-nal

We are The Ar-se-nal FC
    We are The Ar-se-nal FC
    We are The Ar-se-nal FC
    The Ar-se-nal

Arsenal Arsenal
    We are The Ar-se-nal
    We are The Arsenal FC
    We are The Ar-se-nal

Repeat

Break

Repeat X 2

Description beneath the video……….
    “Our 98 year old great-granddad Harry (100 this year!) singing after quite a lot of beer on boxing day”

103. The Cockie Monster says:

This is who Alexis reminds me of……..The Sanchezmanian Devil !……although he does sound a lot like a panicking Transplant when he`s mislaid his syrup at a Motorway Services toilets !.

Love that LL version of Run. And Cockie is right – it makes a fine Arsenal song

106. arnie says:

I think the general consensus from Evonne’s fine post is that we would, by and large, love a song or chant that reflects our Arsenal character.

Then, can we (AA) perhaps launch a campaign for such a song? 🙂

107. stevepalmer1 says:

Arsenal charging up the league
    Do Dah Do Dah
    Winning at home and winning away
    Do Dah Do Dah Day
    Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal (chant)

Sung to Kampdown Races.

Keep it short as we run out of puff quick 🙂

108. arnie says:

how about a poll for the best-choice lyrics and tunes? that way the silent majority of AA viewers get a say. then, if participation is good, approach the club with a proposal? 🙂

It took me a while to work out who that was in the picture, then I saw the sneaky fag.

110. arnie says:

LB. This is an unholy hour. Two days in a row. 🙂

111. arnie says:

oh dear, England is falling over!

112. arnie says:

disgrace. I hope Raddy wasn’t watching.

113. Who says there is alien life out there somewhere….. they are here already 🙂

Terrible start to the Raddy day. Pathetic performance by the England cricket team.

chas 6.18 JW??

BR
    LB was right about 6.18 – it’s Jack in the Premier League shirt.

Morning

Game tomorrow 🙂

Here’s an idea. Let’s persuade Raddy to pen his PM today, then we can talk about real and immediate football stuff. Thing is, it’s all we want to talk about, and also,I don’t feel we get to time to relish his work as by the time it goes up on Saturday we’ve all gone out fro the day

LB would be right.
    He’s the expert. Posters of Jack all over the house 🙂

Micky. I would prefer to chat about your Uncle Earnest’s adventures.

That said I could write the PM this evening and upload it earlier in the morning

Completely agree about the Pre-Match.
    It’s never going to be fully appreciated or discussed on a Matchday morning.

Raddy

Thing is, it’s the footbally posts that get the footbally people onto the site and talking. We have the commenters, what we lack is the quality and quantity of football writers. I am neither.

If the consensus of opinion is such that the PM should go up the day before the game then I will write it.

Let’s wait for others to give their opinion and the change could be made pre- Monaco

Micky. I know SFA about footbally stuff – I just write whatever comes to mind

124. I vote yea for the day before:-) even if it is Raddy footbally bollix

“Others!”

No-one else matters 🙂

Raddy

The fact is, I for one, am getting bored of forcing Arsenalspeak between games, and shortening that gap would be a good thing.

Today for example, Arsene has already begun the build up by talking about fitness ahead of tomorrow’s game, and I’d rather talk about Ox and Jack being fit, but like others I suspect, hold back as I don’t want to take the wind out of your pm.

We get to Saturday motning, and still can’t talk until 10’ish.

Bring on the PM a day early, and shorten that gap I say.

The Disneyfication of the Premier League……

In other news, it appears Stan Collymore has been sacked by BTSport for condemning Rangers fans singing sectarian songs.

Micky. Fully understand.

I didn’t know it was a question about the kid. it’s a bit obvious it’s our Jack! Look at his teenage dad with 3 sons almost the same age. It could only be Rooney or Wilshere

Liverpool and Everton won, Totts drew and Legia Warsaw lost last night. Rubbish. Only Ballotelli cheered me up, what a div 🙂

It wasn’t a question about the kid.
    I tried to post a tweet from Jack about that photo but wordpress swallowed it.
    That’s why I posted the link just to the photo instead.

What does “forcing Arsenalspeak” mean?

Chas
    It means I’d rather look at spooky flowers and bears balancing balls than discuss Arsene’s choice of underpants 🙂

how about Giroud’s choice of undies? This could be much more exciting

Eddie
    You know very well the answer to that. He’s French. He fancies himself rotten. Leopard print thong. Fact.

ooooooh, that’s nice 🙂

I am sending a conversation starter to the nuts soon, excellent topic, rubbish post. Discuss

Jizz on the gusset and garlic skidders

Morning all, I’m commenting whilst waiting for the RAC to come and get my car started – Murphy’s law, I have to drive down to the south coast today 😦

Any way … are we putting up an early Raddy PM or Eddie’s offering?

142. ‘morning all, I know the motning banter is very popular but couldn’t we have the Raddy pre-match a little earlier. This would give those travelling to the game a bit more time to comment before setting off.

Eddie’s post I think

Where is Eddie’s post?

I can’t hang around – hopefully someone will sort the post?

Sorry, didn’t see Eddie’s post I’ve been working on Steve Palmers. Eddie’s isn’t time sensitive so I’ll keep it in the cupboard if that’s ok.

147. …………….New Post everyone …………………

148. My family members all the time say that I am wasting my time here at net,
    except I know I am getting knowledge all the time by reading such
    nice articles or reviews.