Are the Arsenal injury problems beyond conventional remedies?

Much, indeed too much, has been written about Arsenal’s persistent injury situation. Despite the millions spent by the club in building a state of the art medical facility we still seem to be unable to keep enough players sufficiently fit to make a sustained challenge for major honours.

As a consequence of the injury list each transfer window becomes almost a crisis, a scramble to sign players to fill the gaps in the ranks left by the sick, the lame and the lazy,well perhaps not the latter.

The current window is no exception, Arteta and Debuchy are both out for three months, so that probably means they are unlikely to be match fit before the end of the season. Wilshere is not yet back in training, Ramsey, Walcott and Gibbs are not match fit nor is Welbeck, While Gnabry and Diaby have just about fallen off the radar and Koscielny remains at risk of a breakdown.

Arsène Wenger is working day and night to bring in the replacements needed, he has a list of positions to fill and a list of targets to fill them and, for once, the dosh to make it happen.

His priorities are acknowledged to be a holding-midfielder and a centre-back, ideally one who can cover at left-back if necessary.

Given the state of health of the squad and the almost rotational nature of the injuries perhaps he should alter his priorities and give up on signing players in favour of the recruitment of an exorcist.

Written by Norfolk Gooner

97 Responses to Are the Arsenal injury problems beyond conventional remedies?

Thanks for the post NG ……… an exorcist indeed pah 😆

We’re just so unlucky and poor Debuchy, you have to feel sorry for him. Lets keep everything crossed that we get out of tomorrow’s game with no more injuries and three points of course.

If you’re watching kelsey ……. A Very Happy Birthday to you xx

2. ‘morning Peaches,

We seem to have tried everything else, so it’s time to get out The Bell, Book and Candle. 😀

Happy Birthday Kelsey.

Cheers, NG.
    Yep, exorcist and more sticky tape.

5. Chas, our ref for tomorrow, brilliant, but scary!!

6. We have to have something to moan about, so injuries and the laughable Arsenal medical centre seems to be a good target. I just hate it when, as we are about to get a full healthy team out on the pitch, someone else falls in battle. It just seems to be the Arsenal way…. 🙂

Peaches, I’ve got a chechan guy in Marseille who hacks computers for me, that’s how I knew you were just about to make a new post…. I’m stalking you ha ha 🙂
    Eddie has good reason to not give me her e mail address.

When you finally meet me in Monaco you will realise I am really a big cuddly pussy cat, and I’ll introduce you to a nice couple of Russian guys who are just as cuddly 🙂

7. ha ha ha… I hope you realise I was only joking, I can have a weird sense of humour sometimes 🙂

Cheers Norfolk

These injuries are driving me insane. How unlucky can you be?

Fortunately for you and Arsene, along with my accountancy skills I also moonlight as a part time Exorcist

I was called by Archbishop Theodore to attend to the frightening case of 42 year old Demistocles. A young man who had developed a habit of levitating and demanding the outlawing of taramasalata.

Before attending the scene i prepared by gathering all information.

I found Demistocles lived with his mother. Apparently she won Greek Nag of the year award in 2010, an incredible achievement since competition is fierce.

He spent most of his time in his bedroom, only ever removing his pyjamas due to a fit of excitement when googlebox came on the telly, and his last relationship was back in 1992 when he was arrested for harassing Felicity Kendall.

He also spent all his sickness benefit on dangerous amphetamines.

After taking everything into account, I concluded he was sane as the next man and had obviously been possessed by an N17 spirit.

As i entered the house I could feel the cold bleak chill of the Lane. Everything went black and white and I noticed his mother sounded like Ossie Ardilas.

Demistocles had levitated to the ceiling and began mocking me.

“Super Tottenham from the Lane. Ime here with your mother Mancini. Shes going out with David Howles and were all going nuts at beating Burnley in Division two”

I took out my Paul Mariner figure and proceeded to recite “17 goals in 82 appearances” this bought him crashing down to the bed.

Mariners fantastic Arsenal career seemed to do the trick, but to make sure I threatened to grass him to the dole people and stop his mum from cooking grilled halloumi.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring.

9. Kelsey knows me better than most on here, he knows I’m really a caring, sensitive, feely touchy, huggy type of guy. These days I prefer to be in tune with my feminine side rather than my give someone a chechen face lift sort of macho hard man. Honest 🙂

Come on 69, if any one can be trusted on here its you.

Your honest about your past and present

I try and be the same, but am held back by the contents of my cellar.

11. Back to the injury list and serious footy talk. Our injury problems are always a concern, and Wenger is now in a position where he has to get a make shift defender in the January window. It’s not ideal but that’s where we are at the moment. I can’t imagine AW spending fortunes in January, so a Winston Reid type CB looks to be on the cards. Hummels and Gundogan will be summer targets perhaps at £60m + but not now..

Happy Birthday Kelsey

yom hu’ledet sameach

13. Dave Highbury says:

Arsenal get fouled more.
    Joey Barton on Sanchez. 1) Mob Him 2) Foul him.
    Prior to this, it was ” Arsenal don’t like it up ’em”
    Then we get four broken legs. How many broken legs in the whole of the premierships? Now we don’t get broken legs, but dead legs n hamstrings. Wake up you fools.
    ARSENAL GET FOULED MORE

14. Transplant

I dread to think what’s in your cellar mate… probably needs filling with a few tons of concrete to hide the evidence 🙂

NG. It is so frustrating that this season I genuinely believe we would have challenged for the title had there not been so many injuries. At no time has AW been able to pick his strongest first 11.

Most problems have a solution – this one doesn’t

kelsey. Happy birthday

Happy Birthday Kelsey I hope the Gunners give you a delayed present tomorrow by beating Man C.

Good idea NG, get an exorcist and his father and whoever else it takes to sort it out!!

I’m sure that those with broken limbs are not just pretending, but I’d say many injuries are feigned. Gerrard and Carragher had something minor wrong with them around Christmas almost every year.

Do you remember that ejeet van Persi having his broken leg treated with a horse placenta? I wonder if the horse’s name was Ruud

Chavs giving Swansea a hammering. When we beat MC tomorrow they will be 5 points behind

yes Raddy, Fabianski is having a mare 😦

RvP’s contract not to be renewed!!! Good, kick him out of the country

nb – mailed you.

Yes, very quiet on the blogs

Since the Mrs kicked me out, its always quiet. I love it, the ecstasy of solitude. The feeling of oneness of the desolate can not be ignored.

Of course I was only joking about the exorcism, I dont mess around with things like that.

A couple of months ago i decided to play on the ouija board alone, thats what the desolate do

I summoned up my bloody ex mechanic who snuffed it before I could pay him his £350 bill.

Told him ime not paying and what was he going to do about it? i would have never done that when he was alive, the man was a brute.

He started banging on that the Hades economy was in crises and inflation had ruined him. Unless he got the money he was facing the red hot poker

I had to remind him that whilst he was alive, though he thought it was his secret, it was well know that he enjoyed a nice red hot poker and everybody knew about his Filipino house boy.

The ouija went quiet after that

Terry. You are on top form today.

How many late goals does Eriksen score? Spurs spawn it again.

Horrible day of results.

What shall I do – take £160 owed to me or accept a betting slip with £80 going on Arsenal to win tomorrow at 11/4?

Not one good result today, awful

Evening all crap results today, and crap situation re our injuries, be nice if just for once when a player went off as a precaution he was available for the next game.

Without doubt a combination of our style of play and the way opponents try to deal with it are a factor. We are talking well trained athletes, so even little tugs on the shirt can have an impact on their running and tweak something they didn’t expect to.

Are we more unlucky than others, quite possibly, the shove on Debuchy last week was in my mind out of order, but also unlucky in that he fell so awkwardly we see players get up from these regularly, look at Baines sliding into the asphalt on his knees midweek, didn’t even graze them.

25. arnie says:

Nice one, Norfolk. 🙂 voodoo must be the only option. so frustrating. In particular, the De Booshy one really did it for me. Is there any way to explain this? just a fecking bum. 😦

And no ROLF as well today. not yet, anyway. what a waste! 😦

26. Southampton seem to have found another gem with this on loan winger, Eljero Elia. 2 goals today….

27. The Cockie Monster says:

Even without Wanyama and Schneiderlin the Saints go marching on !. 😦
    What a shit day !……………only an Arsenal win will make me 10% happy after all them results !. 😦

28. fatgingergooner says:

There’s a lot to be said for having all your tough fixtures close together. Look at Southampton. They’ve now got a pretty clear run to the end of the season and have a massive chance of finishing top 4. It’s much tougher to put a run together when you have a tough game every 3rd or 4th fixture.

29. arnie says:

Chas. the laziness story was just brilliant. 🙂

30. wally says:

Big game tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. Let’s show a little bite, I want to see the team begins to take these games personally (like Keown and rvn) act like men, not boys.

Normally i could care less about some of these jr. signings but wenger says he’s coming straight into the first team. Now i’m curious.

Defence is crucial tomorrow. Chambers is crucial. Coq is very, very crucial. Hopefully silva isn’t his usual self otherwise i fear he’ll have those two running into each other and that right side will be…..

Lets get’er done.

I heard earlier in the week people questioning whether Alexis can do it against the big boys, we’ve heard this kind of criticism aimed at our players before, but it seems they are just conveniently forgetting his stunning strike in the return fixture.

I think we have enough to hurt them, they are without YaYa which even at half committed is a big plus for us. I think if Kiscirlny plays we have a better centre back pairing to deal with them than they do to deal with us, especially the pact runners. What will be most interesting is how the full backs of both teams line up. Normally both are attacking as are ours, it’s a question of which wingers are the more scary to the opposition, Sancjez and Theo should keep them pegged back. Think I’d start Ramsey and Coq because I think we will need their legs rather than bite in the middle of the park. Ox, Ozil on the bench.

I also read today that Sagna could be the man of to be named in their CL squad with the arrival of Bony.

FGGypu may be right about the runs of games, but I think it also depends how badly those results affect the club as a whole. I think we were lucky to recover last season.

Also much is being made about the visit to the Etihad last season being a bit of a massacre, I don’t remember it that way we were in the game until a couple of dodgy decisions and the last two goals were a result of us pushing on to get back in the game.

Just read a whole page of Daily Express comments on a silly little story about David Starkey’s appearance on QT…..and we think we sometimes have problems keeping control on this website…..sad stuff in reality

Found a club unluckier than us:

Scunthorpe two keepers suffered broken arms before halftime, and both colliding with their own men!

Brrrrr Chilly.

No pressure game today then 🙂

Morning Big.

36. fatgingergooner says:

If Kompany and Aguero start then I worry a bit about the result today. We can’t afford a Liverpool away type of performance.

My team would be:-

Ospina
    Chambers Merts Koz Monreal
    Ramsey Coquelin Cazorla
    Ox Giroud Sanchez

If Cazorla, Sanchez and Ox can continue their good form then we can worry them on the break, but that means staying tight at the back. I think if we concede 2 or less then we will get at least a point.

I think the big plus against City as opposed to other Clubs, is that Pellegrini is not very good at tactics either 🙂

The pub we were in last night had rock star photos on the walls as a quiz.
    Who’s this?

Chrissie Hynde?

Joan Jet?

A Slit?

Actually, I’ve been conned. Thought that was a middle finger. It’s a fag. So perhaps not a punk atty woman, maybe a hippy. So no idea.

Raddy will get it.

I don’t know who that one is, soz. I assumed BR or Rasp would know.

Here’s one we think we do know……

One more (don’t know this one)

Soz, last one.

45. It’s Joan Baez I think?

46. fatgingergooner says:

Third one is Michael Stipe I think.

47. Morning Ladies 🙂

Great, a pop quiz to start off the day…. no idea who the blokes are 🙂

Yep, nailed it, FGG.

Gotta go.

Nico

She had dark hair when younger

No2 Curtis?

It’s up to our lads to rescue the weekend, MWG.
    I’m less worried about a Aguerro and more about us performing. Please Dennis don’t allow another capitulation today

Blokes are

Bez
    Michael Stipe
    Mick Hilucknall / Bono

I’m going Hucknall as he is a Manc as is Bez.

The girl I’m thinking someone from the Bangles (but that’s probably the Egyptian wall paper)

Woman defo a hippie, confused one. Wearing pyjamas for a photo shoot. Not chrissie hynde

55. Shard says:

That’s Grace Slick from Jefferson Airplane.

Morning all. Where’s the Raddy preview?

The lady is Grace Slick from Jefferson Airplane days.

Shard 🙂

Haven’t started the PM. Watching the India vs OZ 50 over game

And the bloke in the last pic is the man who inspired Dylan, Woody Guthrie

59. Shard proving that he is really a closet hippy 🙂

Raddy proving what we already know 🙂

60. Shard says:

Raddy
    Yikes! I’m worried that you and I were the only ones to know about Grace Slick. Yet more proof of my hippiness.

61. Shard says:

well..nb thinks so too. Damn it!

62. Shard says:

Since the cricket is going to go on for hours, and Raddy’s PM won’t be up till after (seemingly), I think it’s time I exorcise the hippy in my by putting on some Slayer.

this was unmissable! I watched the Voice last night and these two were performing

They are married and in spare time they are nude models – nude session were actuall shown on TV, gross….

Strewth,

And good morning all! 🙂

Up late this morning and there is arnie naming names of young women he has known — and naturally Randy confirms it — well he has ‘known’ half the women on the planet — and Norther the other half! 🙂

Shard. Don’t do it …. get out your Grateful Dead albúms 🙂

Slayer are playing in Cph next month. I didn’t know they were still alive!

RA. Welcome to Sunday

Grace Slick in 2008, still pretty

68. ha ha Eddie, so you watch these TV shows do you 🙂 I bet you loved the part time naked bits!

I watched four episodes of Downton Abbey…. the new Upstairs Downstairs, love it.

nb – I don’t watch TV – only news and games. But I was sawing last night and the telly was on. Honestly 🙂 That muppet is called Billy Bottle and his wife’s name is Martine Bottle. They couldn’t sing to save their lives

Doh,

I was wondering what arnie was talking about at 9:53 p.m. and somehow that morphed into my hippy friend Shard answering questions about Airplane ladies. 🙂

I must be — no I AM the blog square – I do not know any of these hippy/rockers/guitars/bands/sitars/groups or…….well anything.

And worse……..I don’t care!! 🙂

71. What were you sawing Eddie, a body into little bits to make them easy to transport to a shallow grave 🙂

Eddie,

I am already confused, but the guitar strumming individual is surely a woman? Are you sure you have that right? 🙂

73. Redders, no it IS a bloke 🙂

nb – good guess, dog bedding actually 🙂 the buggers rip them to bits and I have to make new ones

nobody advised me what to do – take £160 cash owed to me or accept a betting slip with £80 going on Arsenal to win @11/4

75. Shard says:

Raddy

Slayer are alive, but one of their founding members, Jeff Hahnemann died sometime last year.

Eddie

That’s a man? The one with orange legs? Now that you mention it I can see it, but I thought it was a woman and assumed that like all your stories this too involved a lesbian couple. Knowing that’s a man, now I won’t go looking for those nude pictures 🙂

76. Here are the naked bits ha ha

77. Shard says:

RA

Worry not, my friend. You are more likely a redondo than a cuadrado 🙂

RA – feck knows what that was, awful. ‘It’ looked even worse naked

79. Eddie, I think you mean SEWING ha ha

Morning all.
    Thanks to those who wished me a good day including chas 🙂 and to those who didn’t.

Shit or bust today is it ?

81. Actually, Raddy could be Billy bottle 🙂

We go 1-0 up and then defend for our lives only for City to get an equaliser. Get David Silva out of the game and if fit Ramsey should play. Do you agree Shard 🙂

hi Kelsey 🙂 good to see you back. What is your prediction for today?

micky!!!

Arsenal transfer news: Gunners to make move for Edinson Cavani after PSG reveal ‘there will be exits’

84. Shard says:

Yes kelsey. I looked back at the comments and it seems it was your birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday, and hope you are doing well.

I will now agree with everything you say as part of my newly discovered hippiness.

However, Slayer is slowly killing my hippie soul, so I must agree only under certain conditions. Mike Dean will deny us a nailed on penalty, and the City equaliser will be offside. 🙂

Thanks Shard.

A draw is the best I can expect to be honest.

shard – “Mike Dean will deny us a nailed on penalty, and the City equaliser will be offside” – the smile at the end of this sentence is misplaced.

yeah, I’ll take a point now

87. Peeps, just to let you know that Eddie has a guest post on GunnersoreArse this morning, put up slightly earlier than usual so you’all have a chance to read and comment before Raddy gets his Match Preview done. JE SUIS EDDIE

Eddie,

I have just read your Post on the Sore Arse site, and left you a comment. 🙂

89. VCC says:

Kelsey….sorry I missed your Birthday yesterday. Many happy returns of the day Buddy. Hope you had a good one.

90. What’s happened to the morning batner?

New post? is it up? Have I missed something? Has Raddy taken some mind altering substance and now staring blankly at his missus and thinking, she’s a bit of alright, I may have a chance here 🙂

We have a ……..

New Post

Morning all, a very happy birthday to Kelsey for yesterday. I managed to negotiate my birthday recently without a single comment 😆

Happy birthday in arrears, Rasper and Kelsey. 🙂

So that’s 44 and 79 respectively!!

Is that your weight added together in kilos RA 🙂