Transfer window thoughts

How boring is this Transfer window? I’m really hoping for another defender (imperative now that Debuchy is out for three months) and a big strong fast nimble-footed clever midfielder with scary eyes and penchant for shoulder barging the opposition to protect our back four from attack and our front four from being bullied.

No-one seems to be getting what they want though. Spuds and Manks needed additions to their defence too so where are all the defenders? Maybe that’s why Arsene hardly bothers to look for those type of players as they are in very short supply.

My feeling has always been that Arsène’s ideology of ‘we’re gonna score more than you’ has made him a little blinkered when thinking about adding defenders to the squad. It’s much more exciting to be adding an Alexis or an Ozil, one can indulge in a certain amount of purring and know that supporters and media alike are going to be looking forward to watching them.

Can a centre-back ever instill the same kind of emotions? Koscielny has been a favourite of mine for sometime now and I’ve defended Mertesacker’s right to be our BFG in many an argument with other gooners. In truth I’ve always had a soft spot for defenders, it’s their strength and reliability that does it for me.

Maybe the injuries to several of our defenders will force Arsène’s hand and he’ll unearth a couple of gems under the radar. That would be good wouldn’t it, to sneak in a diamond or two. At least we’re not crying out for a striker now that would be really serious 😉

Written by peachesgooner

96 Responses to Transfer window thoughts

Well done, Peaches. 🙂

Transfer windows are a bugger while they are open, as we are all left wondering who we will or will not get, and afterwards there will be the inevitable moaning that we did not need this type of player – we needed that, or it was a cheapskate, knee jerk solution, blah blah.

I still cannot resist the temptation to read the latest ‘news’ about who we might get – and it is mostly total hokum. 🙂

2. Thanks RA and for your comments on the previous post.

Because I haven’t been well I’m still a bit behind with the news – or lack of it. Is Shneiderlin someone that we’re interested in?

Such bad news about Debuchy …………. except that Bellerin has come on a lot in the weeks he’s been in the team.

I think having Koscielny back makes a big difference to how the defence works, fingers crossed he stays fit now.

3. ‘morning all, after reading the first few lines I thought this was a Micky post, but then the inate inteligence of the author became apparent and I realised it could only be by Peaches. Lovely. 😀

Cheer up RA, here’s a bit of “news” that I know you’ll like “Arsenal are ready to begin talks with Borussia Dortmund over a £63m deal to sign 24-year-old midfielder Ilkay Gundogan and centre-back Mats Hummels, 26”.

O.K. It’s in the Daily Star, the paper that published pictures of a WW11 bomber and a London bus on the moon,m but that doesn’t mean it isn’t true……does it? 😀

4. Nice post Peaches

We’ll know at the end of the TW if we have anyone new in the squad 🙂

Eddie, my offer stands, if you took the time to write an article and you feel strongly enough to have it posted, then I’ll put it up on GunnersoreArse. I don’t need to know what you wrote, if you are passionate enough about it, that’s good enough for me 🙂

5. Voltaire said:
    “I do not agree with what you have to say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it.”

6. Shard says:

Arsene Wenger deciding who to buy because of the reaction of the media and mob to it? No chance!

As to buying a defender, I don’t think the injury to Debuchy is a major problem. We’re not going to buy a right back anyway when we have Bellerin, and Jenkinson on loan (hopefully he’ll come back next season) As well as Chambers of course. Plus Coquelin and Flamini can both play there too.

But I do think we need a CB. Not least because we’re relying on an unfit Koscielny. And that is the issue. Chambers can cover for Mertesacker. But we don’t have anyone like Koscielny in the squad. So we don’t just need a CB. We need someone who is Koscielny’s eventual successor. The problem with that is that anyone good enough, will not want to come now to only be an understudy. They are more likely to go to ManU who have a glaring need, and can offer the same or more money, as well as probably, CL football next season.

Which is another thing. Are we going to buy someone who is cup tied in the CL? I doubt it. More likely we’ll make do with Monreal playing there if need be.

I am however, more hopeful that we will buy a midfielder who can also play CB in a pinch, because there won’t be issues of squad space next season, as several of our current crop are out of contract this year.

PS. Hopefully you are doing much better now Peaches.

PPS. Je suis Eddie (only because I am curious. This is not a criticism) 🙂

Thanks for the read Peaches.

Shard, you sum things up well.

I have been pleased with the TW so far, in that it doesn’t appear to have gone ballistic yet, the wins against Hull and Stoke probably helped as did the return of Koscielny and a number of other walking wounded.

Without doubt the biggest fear is leaving the CB position uncovered, especially as one of the two men used to cover the position is now injured, and therefore if Gibbs or Monreal pick up an injury too we are buggered.

Maybe thats why Tyron Mings is being mentioned, he actually currently plays at left back for Ipswich Town, all 6ft 5 inches of him, speaking to an Ipswich supporter who goes regularly he said he was good and that he didn’t want to lose him before their promotion push continues in this half of the season. Ipswich signed him from Chippenham Town, he was previously in Saints academy but was released, a bit of his history i didn’t know about (why would I?)

But doesn’t exactly fit the bill of a mega signing, whats the difference to say Carl Jenkinson?

Also there is the issue of what is coming through the youth ranks, i know i know lets sort out the now rather than worry about the future.

We just sold Afobe, that hurts some Arsenal fans who want to see us bring more talent through, but how can we do that when we also want ready made Premier League ready players today?

9. beardfantasypl says:

Will ye sign Bielik

10. Shubham says:

I am sure it will be another eleventh hour dash to the supermarket for Arsenal. Typical Wenger.

Cheers Peaches

Yes, the transfer window.

I feel the question is not who we sign, but what we sign

There is a division between us of those who prefer the toned slighty effeminate type who are blessed with lovely ball skills, and those who prefer the more manly masculine individuals who play roughly but are more likely to cheat.

If we buy a centre back, will he be of the Kos or Campbell build? And which one is most likely to pay for dinner?

Arsene was recently quoted that the days of the rugged defender are over and the key now is mobility

Do we agree with this philosophy, or do we prefer a bit of rough and tickle?

12. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all, Glad to see your well on the mend Peaches.
    I feel that a post like this has been coming, we have had officials we have had bully’s and we have had the injured about time Wenger had a little stick.

I am reading that Our neighbour’s are also in the hunt for a player who we have showed an interest in, how many times has that happened. I also read that negotiations are well on the way for a young defender, i also see that others have their eye on him as well.

Seems to me that as soon as the word goes out that we have shown an interest then it seems to open the flood gates.

I often wonder if Wenger’s young buys has evoked a few managers to think that if Arsenal is after somebody they must have researched a lot.

I do feel like you Peaches, that we do need to do business, and i feel that Wenger also knows he has to as well. The usual things being written, but now we are linked with Defenders where it has been forwards or attacking mids in the past.

I feel that the penny has finally dropped for Wenger that Abu Diaby is not going to be Arsenals Saviour. The Manager has waited in vain for his ageing Frenchman to kick off his shackles and show the football world what they have been missing, but like all older people that had made their minds up, it does take a while to realise that you may of made a grave mistake.

Wenger is stubborn we all know that, tell him he must buy defenders and he buys strikers tell him he needs a striker he buys midfielders, i noticed that Wenger does things different, so now they say we need an experienced Keeper and he looks like he may buy a holding Midfielder even a CB.

With forwards coming out of our arses and Midfielders by the bucket load, Goalkeepers in all shapes and ages, i suppose it is only defending positions he could actually buy if of course he doesn’t wait till the Summer.

I do believe Wenger will acquire players in this window, but, and thats a big but, will it be for now or the future. I feel he will buy at least two, but we will just have to wait like we always do.

NG,

Thanks for trying to cheer me up with the news of Arsenal’s possible £70m interest in Gundogan and Hummels. 🙂
    [£70m? It ain’t goin’ to ‘appen!] lol

I hope you won’t think me a misanthropist but Gundogan has had a serious 15 month injury that he is only now recovering from.

He would fit in nicely with the rest of our injury prone stars, but knowing your forthright position on injured players ‘shaping up, or shipping out’ I fear you would have him gone by this time next year. 🙂

As regards Hummels, he is obviously a WC winner and in a team that suits him he would do very well. However he is reputed to be only marginally faster that our own BFG, whom he would partner (?) and who, as you know, is only marginally faster that Brian the Magic Roundabout snail, and not half as handsome.

Still – thanx for thinking of me!! 😀

Peaches. Thank you.

I want a mobile monster Arteta replacement, trouble is so does everyone else.

Shard makes a good point about CL cup tied players which would rule out Carvalho, Gundogan and Hummels. However, I don’t think this should stop us buying one or two of them.

The Winston Reid rumours continue. Is he good enough to make our first team? Maybe not but if he is prepared to ride the pine he would make a fine back-up

NB,

I think you have the wrong end of the stick regarding this morning’s conversation. It had little, if anything, to do with freedom of speech.

From what Rasp and Peaches said, it was concern about the type of neanderthals that would have attacked AA and all who blogged in her.

If the Post contained a reference to one or more clubs, it would be picked up on NewNow and shown for their clubs’ blogs, and from experience, for those of us who have been on here for a few years, the result would make Le Groan and other sites seem like a Vicar’s tea party.

In the past Rasp, Peaches, Raddy and LB etc would have culled some of the more extreme comments where obscenity and personal abuse was aimed at the author or the regular AA bloggers.

Unlike many other blogs, AA does not require new bloggers to go into ‘limbo’ before being allowed on to the site, unless they use specific words banned by Peaches’ mum.

Your blog does not get picked up by NewsNow yet, so that would not be a problem, I suspect, if Eddie wanted it published.

[Freedom of speech, here and in the US is not absolute,[and no doubt in other democracies too] as those guilty of making racist or obscene comments or inciting actions that could cause injury or death – like shouting ‘Fire’ in a public place.]

Think that does it! 😀

Good subject Peaches.

I read but pay no heed to the transfer “news” in the media. The only rumour that seems to have legs is our pursuit of17 year old Krystian Bielik as that sounds more like an Arsene choice. That said it does seem necessary to sign a couple of strong defenders and AW has eluded to just that in his news conferences.

In my estimation transfer windows are somewhat of a joke and create a media frenzy of gossip and nonsense. I would far sooner see an open window all season long.

17. Hey Ho! The merry-go-round continues to revolve,

Arteta is out for three months following surgery to remove a bony spur frrom his ankle.

18. GN5, at least at the moment we only get the really crazy speculation for a month at a time, imagine what it would be like if the window was open all season long! No Thanks!

19. Legia Warsaw Chairman Bogusław Leśnodorski, has confirmed that 17 year old mid-fielder Krystian Bielik has signed for Arsenal. Fee reported (but not confirmed) £2 million now and £500,000 later.

Norfolk these are the views of some experienced managers.

Steve Coppell, former manager of Reading in England’s Premier League, and others have called for the transfer window to be scrapped in favour of the previous system, where deals could be struck throughout the season until the closing weeks. Coppell said that the transfer window breeds panic and encourages “scurrilous” transfer activity adding that “I cannot see the logic in a transfer window. It brings on a fire-sale mentality, causes unrest via the media and means clubs buy too many players” adding that “The old system, where if you had a problem you could look at loans or make a short-term purchase, was far better than this system we have at the moment”.

Former England Manager Sven-Göran Eriksson has also questioned the value of the transfer window, commenting: “You do wonder at times if it is right to have a window, it was easier when it was open all the time and perhaps fairer for the players. I am sure much of the business being done on the last day is a little bit desperate and that is not right. I think it was better before, but then I am old”.

In January 2013 Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger asked for the January transfer window to be limited to two transfers per window and claimed it is “unfair” in its current form. He cited Newcastle United transfer activity as an example.[ The following year, Wenger hit out at Manchester United’s £37m purchase of Juan Mata from rivals Chelsea. Wenger argued that the transfer was unfair because United and Chelsea had already played each other twice during the season, but United would still have to play Arsenal, and said that “the rules should be adapted more for fairness”. Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini backed the sentiment of Wenger, disagreeing that a player “can go from one team to another team in the same league at this part of the year” and also

Wenger – We want ‘one or two players’

Arsène Wenger says Arsenal are working hard to bring in “one or two players” before the transfer window closes.

Club captain Mikel Arteta underwent surgery on his left ankle this week while Mathieu Debuchy had an operation on the shoulder he dislocated during Sunday’s 3-0 win over Stoke City.

Both players are expected to miss three months and Wenger, who was already on the lookout for potential signings, wants to reinforce his squad.

“Yes we are more [in the market now],” he told Arsenal.com.

“We have Chambers and we have Bellerin, who is coming on well, and I want to give them a chance as well, but of course we are in the market like many other clubs.

“We work really hard morning until late night to try to get one or two players in.”

22. GN5, I’m sure that if I spent ten minutes searching the internet I could find equally compelling arguements in favour of the transfer window as it exists at present.

Frankly, I can’t be bothered.

I enjoy a bit of speculation, it enlivens boring days between matches.

23. The Cockie Monster says:

Thanks Peaches !.

“Yes we are more [in the market now],” he told Arsenal.com.

Courtesy of Arsenal .com

Hope Krystian Bielik is not included in the above, as I`m hoping for some proven quality at minimum of £40M each !……………..yes !…. I`m as shallow as Didit !. hahaha

24. poigmothoin says:

Well done Peaches stepping up at the last minute.
    I find the TW ultimately disappointing when it closes.

25. The Cockie Monster says:

GN5 a bit quicker on the draw !. 😀

26. The Cockie Monster says:

The only disappointment for me, Poigie !…….is if it closes without us spending at least …….. £80,000,001. 😀

Norfolk,

It only takes seconds to get an answer on the internet and I’m always willing to spend those seconds to qualify an opinion.

28. Bayonne Jean says:

If the rumors re signing Krystian Bielik come to pass, then for me that’s a solid signing. If he’s good enough, then he’s old enough.

And he fits in the mold of what AW foresees as the future of defending — tall but mobile. In fact, he probably also sees him as insurance (eventual, if not now) for Koscielny, which both Peaches and Shard have inderscored as the biggest worry for AW.

And you’d now have TPIFOG to yell WTF at the TPIG in Polish….

I think I’d rather an open window.

At the end of the day what’s more unsettling having rumours for 3/4 months a season unsettling players at their current clubs or no rumours.

As at the end of the day a rumour wouldn’t be able to “gather momentum” it would simply become fact by a purchase or offer, or debunked by non action.

I think it would also remove the clandestine nature of the whole affair as no one wants to announce interest out of the window but on the other hand no one declares themselves out of a “race for a player”.

30. The Cockie Monster says:

Rotating Ball of the Day

31. The Cockie Monster says:

32. GN5, as I said earlier, frankly, I can’t be bothered. Maybe I should have used Rhett Butler’s words from Gone with the Wind “frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn”.

As it is the speculation, rumours, tapping up, destabilising of players and clubs etc. will go on regardless of whether or not there are fixed transfer windows or an open season.

The media love it, it sells newspapers. The agents love it, it sells players and secretly even the managers like it, it gives them a chance to “fly a kite”.

33. The Cockie Monster says:

I think this is the sort of look Peaches was looking for in a DM……….fcuking scary !.

Nice diplomatic post 🙂 thank you Peaches!

Wenger won’t buy anyone, he seldom does in January. He needs all summer to sign in the last minute, so 1 month does not even get him
    Off the trucks.

35. arnie says:

lovely stuff, Peaches. 🙂

What’s not to like the Transfer Window, particularly the lazy useless one in January? Generates nice batner, an opportunity to waste some time each day on twatter, and nice arguments about who we should buy. Or not, as is usually the case. 😛

IMO, we need a CB, a DM and a left winger. None suitable available in the market. For less than 20m, less than 24 years, not injured and not cup tied. So, not good enough for the Arsenal.

I suspect we are looking for a crafty little midfielder or two, who can double up a DM, a CB or even a LW. So be it, then. 😛

As ever, there ill be some heart break at the end of the TW. Nothing new there. 😛

36. arnie says:

What’s not to like?

nb – thanks for the offer! Do you think I’m stupid? You only want my email address 🙂 post wasn’t passionate, just disrespectful to other clubs

38. arnie says:

On the judgment calls made by Peaches and Rasp, I am fully on their side. And likewise the rest of the Mohicans: LB, Raddy, GiE, et al.

When I first came on here, I used to question some of their judgments for not being liberal (enough), and sometimes got into discussions/ arguments with Rasp on the sidelines. I am happy to note that, ex post, every time Rasp’s judgment came out tops.

They know how to do things. We are lucky they have learnt this no doubt the hard way and allow us to enjoy the benefits. On with the show! 🙂

39. Arnie, I think Wenger’s real target is six foot nine, fourteen year old ‘keeper who can play as a back to goal striker, but is comfortable on the ball when filling in right across the back four, but who will eventually (ie in three weeks) develop into a strong tackling defensive mid-fielder.

If he can cook a Canard a la Orange avec les escargots, he will be the perfect fit. 😀

40. arnie says:

As an Arsenal fan, I am glad that there is an end date for the TW. Arsene is a master at these end game gambits, and we get the benefits. Long may these deadline days continue!

The best bit of the TW is the false leads that I suspect the club gives out to snare the numpties on to the wrong track. The Gundogan-Hummels deal has the sniff of one such.

No complaints! 🙂

41. arnie says:

Norfolk. Small correction. If he can “cook a Canard a l’Orange avec les escargots” for the hospital kitchen! 😆

42. arnie says:

43. arnie says:

Having said that, I suppose I like the fact that we are linked to some really pricey players, Gundogan-Hummels, Messi, and the like. Like many others on here I suspect, Micky, Cockie, etc. 😛

That’s a lot of money for the Polish kid – he had better kick on.

For that much money we could have had Falcao on the bench for 6 weeks 🙂

45. arnie says:

ha ha ha Raddy. “Falcao on the bench for 6 weeks” 🙂

Arne – I’d much rather we didn’t buy a player called Gundogan, a terrible name
    TH with his baby brother and Bobby with his son, nice

I was merrily typing a comment when it disappeared before my eyes. Even my computer thinks I am writing rubbish. 🙂

Anyway, I was saying that I am happy with whoever we sign and Bielik at 17 years old seems to have a good reputation.

The thing is that it harks back to an exemplary Post written by Norfolk the Terrible asking if our Youth system is doing its job, and whatever we may think, the people most intimately concerned must be youngsters like Zelalem and Crowley and possibly Hinds too.

Perhaps Arsene does not think they are going to cut the mustard, which indicates that perhaps the Youth system is not doing its job.

Anyway, at 6′ 21/2″ tall Krystian is maybe showing that Arsene’s midfield midget era is coming to an end, and bringing us back into line with the other top clubs who marry up skill with physique.

As the Boss has said he is looking to buy possibly 2 players this month, there will be one more to come, and my guess is that it must be a central defender to cover for Per and Kozzer.

So that will be a 5′ 2″ CB midget just to prove me wrong, again! 🙂

Hi Raddy,

So £2m plus a £0.5m add on is a lot of money for a Polish kid – what if he had been a Bulgarian kid – would that be cheap? 🙂

Let’s face it, that sort of money is petty cash in today’s billionaire playground of monopoly money.

49. jnyc says:

Great to see a post by peaches!
    On the subject of the transfer window, i dont even click on most links from newsnow or twitter.. they are shameless fiction writers.

I think the mews about the Polish teen is exciting, maybe the kind of gem peaches was referring to.
    Our scouts or Arsene must have seen something. pecial to get it done in january, and fairly quickly ( by arsenal stamdards )

I like the idea of Reid because of his prem experience, i dont like the idea of bedding in someone who is accustomed to a slower league… like france. i think we do desperately need someone because debuchy did a great job at cb, and with gibbs unhealthy, any chance of a monreal injury leaves us so short in lb and cb backup.
    Reids price quote is silly since he’s leaving either way and soon, so we must make it happen or move on. Another game for Arsene and Dick law to play .

50. RC78 says:

I think we have a few options now that Debs is out:

– Call Jenkinson back;
    – Play Chambers as RB but he is better at CB;
    – Play Bellerin but he is not good enough yet for the EPL;
    – Recruit a player.

I would be ok with calling Jenkinson back but if we go with recruiting a player, I would say that he needs to be able to play both RB and CB. In that case, why not go for Martin Caceres or…..Micah Richards?

Arteta is out also so the new for a DM is even greater and I am sure that Bielik will not fill in these boots yet so I can see AW going in the market. Khedira is the cheapest option…

51. arnie says:

RC78. Micah Richards is one that slipped off through the sieve. probably too late now.

My problem with Khedira is that he is almost always on the sick bed. I suppose that qualifies as an essential feature. 😦

52. arnie says:

Changing subject, sorry!
    Professor arnie, what do you say now about economy in Scotland? Biggest job losses in l living memory , seems micky was right

54. arnie says:

Evonne. Scotland will be fine. 🙂

Best performing region in the UK outside of London and the South East since a very long time. Basically since the 80’s recession. Unemployment has been lower than rest of the UK since the start of the current recession. A backlash had to come, sooner or later.

If I remember correctly what Micky said was that Independence would be fine if the Scots used this opportunity to develop new institutions. To replace the old that are used only for pandering to the interests of London (or corrupt bankers or politicians, whatever you like). But he suspected the Scots did not have the stomach to do that.

Unfortunately, I agree. 😦

55. arnie says:

Now, Evonne, tell me. how do you feel about the potential that SNP. Plaid Cymru and the Greens together pitch in to try and join a ruling coalition in Westminster. What if the Sinn Fein pitch in as well?

Not an unimaginable scenario, IMO. chuckle.

56. arnie says:

In fact, I would go further. Power to the regions is the only way to save the Union. In the long run. 🙂

57. ytehjnnh says:

Arsenal have been crippled by stadium debt thus hampering Wenger’s genius

and I’d say that strength is in unity, stay together be stronger.
    There is a similar problem in Slask, which I like to think is an integral part of Poland. But the indigenous people want their own country because they have mineral resources.

I think Micky said that the oil will dry up and the income was hugely overestimated….I probably just hope he said that 🙂

59. arnie says:

Evonne. “and I’d say that strength is in unity, stay together be stronger”. Agreed. Unfortunately too much divisive politics. 😦

While we are talking monitory parties, anyone seen The Pub Landlords foray into politics standing for the FUKP party against Farage in Thanet.

Now I know Al Murray the man is a lot less right wing than his character the Pub Landlord, and I get that his humour is suppose to be absurdist and we are supposed to laugh at The Landlord not with him, but sometimes comics can try to be too clever for their own good.

Jimmy Carr commented that when he went to see Borat movie there was essentially two laughter tracks, I felt the same watching Little Britain’s WI skit with family. I asked them what was funny about the sketch (knowing that at least a couple of my outlaws are not enlightened). They didnt answer knowing my views but I could tell by their laugh that they were laughing at it in a Bernard Manning way. Very dangerous as is Al Murrays decision I would much rather he stand as Al Murray the man and ridicule Farages imbecilic politics than try and subvert it by trying to be too clever

61. arnie says:

Nice one, GiE. 🙂

Wow, he’s a whoppa and super fast for 6’4″

Kitten time for those who like their defenders to stay back 🙂

Ooops, manners

Peaches, thank you.

Eddie, leave the Didit quoting to Arnie. He’s better at it 🙂

Van Dijk looks far more Yaya Toure than a CB

65. Good morning ladies…. and micky

It is looking likely that Spuds will get Winston Reid from the Hammers, but Van Dick looks like a good option, an attacking CB who looks as if he could play midfield enforcer as well. Bad news about Arteta and the Boosh, just our fecking luck.

On yesterdays discussion on whether Eddie should be published or not. I just enjoy discussions like that, get the bit between my teeth and all that 🙂 Of course, I accept that AA and Peaches want to keep the neanderthals away from the blog and wouldn’t want to undermine the integrity of the blog.

Redders, Newsnow would never accept my blog on their pages due to the language I use in some of my articles, they like it to stay clean and wholesome 🙂

Thanks peaches.
    Maybe all the mid height chaps are being phased out and we’re now going for either midgets or giants. Even Mesut has grown a couple of inches while he was out injured.

69. And just to clarify, my offer to you Eddie to publish on myblog, was in no way an attempt to get your e mail address 🙂 as if I’d have a hidden agenda like that ha ha

70. oops sorry……… the last pic was not in very good taste 🙂

Dodgy post sent to nuts in case nothing better turns up.
    Please edit, alter, change the title or anything else you feel may improve it.

Not time sensitive so it can be chucked to the back of the cupboard quite easily. 🙂

Don’t like that black cat staring at me. Looks evil

74. This one’s better

wow, that black jag is awesome

Still no new defenders?

sorry DidIt for misquoting you, perhaps it was someone else saying that oil bubble in Scotland won’t last much longer

I quite like the French winding up the terrorists with a new offensive cartoon, but it is bloody dangerous game they are playing

79. Eddie

They don’t have to wind up the terrorists, it’s a dangerous game already. Charlie Hebdo was actually close to being a non-entity in France, since the attack it has become known throughout the world and it’s recent publication will be over 1 million copies, before they were lucky if they sold 30,000. I’m afraid the terrorists shot themselves in the foot.

Ref for this Sunday

Wenger’s reaction

nb – you are right. I hear that Voltaire books are flying off the shelves too. The book is virtually unreadable so it is a pure provocation.

BTW – you do know that I am joking while being nasty to you? you must know or you’d retaliate 🙂 what is the address of your site, I will mail you the hateful post

83. Eddie

Of course I know you’re joking…. it’s only batner 🙂 I don’t take any offence to your nasty comments ha ha

Voltaire isn’t unreadable to the French, they love him. 🙂

Just click on my name, it takes you to the blog, copy and paste your article in the comments ( do not, and I repeat, do not look at some of the pics posted by Cockie 🙂 ) and then I’ll copy and paste as my Sunday supplement ok

nb – will do

what is this world coming to?? Ben Foden the rugby player talking on BBC breakfast show about……..caring for a newborn! ffs

85. I sometimes think I must be crazy to live in this loony bin they call ‘the world’. Thank fcuk for the Arsenal. 🙂

little fool 🙂 off ski

88. This proves my point about the world being a loony bin, apparently people watch this and like it:

Thanks chas, that’s a great post – we’ll use it 🙂

90. So we have Mike Dean reffing at City…. bugger