Down memory lane: A triumphant thousand mile Gooner road trip

Life as a Gooner exiled in the cold, wild and windy lands oop north has its advantages and disadvantages. The possibility of making occasional memorable trips down south to watch the good guys play is just a fantastic previlege that life in Sconny Botland offers. Well, that was the plan the moment the Arsenal defeated Wigan in dramatic fashion and got to the finals of the FA Cup 2014. Such a fantastic opportunity to support the good guys get their first silverware in 9 years may be a long time coming.

Alas, the ticket allocation for the finals at Wembley were paltry, and there was not one in a million chance to lay your hands on a ticket. Well, except if you were a regular, likes the Vines family, or by clandestine means, as Micky and 26May would testify to. ๐Ÿ˜› But the AA faithful were not to be daunted. In a fantastic gesture towards fans, the club offered to make the event family friendly and erected large screens in the Emirates to telecast the game live. Peaches and Gooner in Exile suggested a trip to the Emirates on the day. Fantastic. Such an opportunity for a substantial AA presence at the Emirates could just not go to waste.

Mrs and myself planned to join in. But to make this an even grander experience, we planned to make the 1000 mile trip (well not quite a thousand, but fifty short) by car. So far so good. Food, clothing, sleeping bags and drinks loaded on to the car the day before in eager anticipation.

However, there was a small problem. I had been to Glasgow for work, and instead of making my way back to our lovely city Dundee in the evening, had to make a late trip to Edinburgh to help a colleague whose wife was taken ill. Mrs was in Edinburgh as well and stopped in her tracks wile making her way back to Dundee. We decided to cut some journey time next morning and spend the night in Edinburgh. All nice and fine, except that it got so late that we could not book a hotel. Hence it had to be an emergency arrangement: use the sleeping bags and catch some sleep on the floor of my office in Edinburgh.

In the event, there was nervous anticipation and little sleep, but also a somewhat delayed start. But off we went. Cross country to the west coast and then down south.

First fuel stop in the Lake District. A quick look into the AA space, still nice and quiet, Raddy blissfully asleep but the motning crew up and about. Micky planning his moves for cosying up to the enemy, Chas on a surf hunt for “Kauli Vaast, 12 years old, Teahupoo”.

Second stop just north of Birmingham, already pretty congested on the roads. Raddy’s prematch up nice and early, eager anticipation all round, but WordPress would not allow me to make comments. Anyway, a quick change into my red and white tartan shirt, and hit the road again.

The moment we hit the M1 south of Birmingham, the smell of gunpowder hit the air. Alarm bells started ringing. It started with brief flashes of yellow on the mirrors.

But quickly the environment turned oppressive. It appeared as if the whole city of Hull had descended on the road to Wembley. Literally every three in four cars were painted in the tiger stripes. And the din of their horrible heart-sinking honks continued all the way up to London. Occasionally we would come across a Gooner car and try to grab their attention. To no avail, they were fixated on the road.

And proceeding thus, at some point in the early afternoon, we reached Peaches’ house. If we were nervous, Peaches seemed to be even more so. She offered us some nice lunch and hot drinks, showed us the damage on her shoulder, and the damage from her shoulder to the very foundations of her house. ๐Ÿ™‚ And finally, we left the car at her nearby station and off we went to the Emirates. The Gooner fandom had already gathered next to Finsbury Park and the show was on. All in good humour and nervous anticipation. Peaches, Mrs and myself enjoyed the show for a bit and then tried to hit The Tavern. Bad idea, there was no chance in a million of entry. So we got ourselves a can/bottle of beer each and chatted on.

Suddenly the sky grew dark and the towering frame of the Gooner Goalkeeper in Exile swept in. This was the first time I was meeting Exile, but I had seen his photo on AA earlier, so I knew who he was. And he knew as well. Such a great pleasure. So, we decided to hit the side streets to try and dodge the police. We had open bottles of alcohol on us, but on the day, it did not seem to matter too much to them.

We had time on our hands, so we decided to pass by Highbury redevelopment. With childlike exuberance, we sneaked into the housing complex, and took photographs inside and at the gate.

Sneaking into Highbury. Wither tension!

Sneaking into Highbury. Wither tension!

Intruders!!! Taking a tour of Highbury redevelopment.

Intruders!!! Taking a tour of Highbury redevelopment.

Highbury redevelopment. A view from the outside!

Highbury redevelopment. A view from the outside!

And then, we walked past Arsenal tube station and on towards the Emirates. I do not remember what we spoke of but we chatted away such a lot. Perhaps to hide our excitement, or was it tension? In between, Micky gave a call from Wembley kindly asking whether I would like a copy of the matchday programme, an offer that I immediately accepted. ๐Ÿ™‚

Get yer hats and scarves

Get yer hats and scarves

Happy happy, nervous? COYG

On to Emirates then. The march was on, and so were the songs. Exile’s voice was getting hoarse by the minute. Eddie joined us in a bit.

On the march
The March is On! “Red Army”

She wore a yellow ribbon
“She wore a yellow ribbon”!

And then, on to the stands. There was free seating. It was a bit of a challenge to find 5 seats together where we had a good view of the screens. We found good seats and settled down. The game was about to start and the tension was mounting. Liquid refreshments were required to ease us on our way.

Drink and sing along

Drink and sing along

The game is now a bit of a dream-like daze. We played well and completely shattered Hull out of the pitch. Most importantly, Rambo scored and we won!

Worried
Disaster, Mark 1

Mixed feelings
Mixed feelings!

Level
Deficit removed. On with the show!!!!

Rambo scores cup final
Rambo scores!

Happy Gooners
Happy gooners!!!!

At the final whistle, there was madness. Such overwhelming sense of elation was truly exceptional.

Final whistle
Final whistle!!!!!

FA Cup Final Whistle As Seen At The Emirates

And then we happy AA Gooners emerged into the outside world, happy and merrily singing. On the way to the tube station, we grabbed a quick photo op outside the Marbleย Halls

Outside the Marble Halls

Post match outside Marble Halls

On the train, Exile had some fun with Hull city supporters and so did we (Peaches, Mrs and myself). Finally, we met up with Rasp as well, had a meal and chatted into the night. Happy happy happy!

Oh what would we do in life if we were not Gooners? How can one have a life without The Arsenal?

Postscript 1.

Next day, I had a work meeting at the house of a friend. In Kew. The moment we reached, the air felt heavy. The house was draped on the outside in tiger stripes. And inside, the yellow and black baloons had not yet been set down. Oh dear! I had completely forgotten that my friend’s wife was from Hull.

She avoided any eye contact and hardly spoke a word. I could hardly suppress my grin. Ah, what sadistic pleasure!

Postscript 2.

Back to Botland, and a week later, the postman rang the bell. It was the matchday programme kindly sent by Micky. Micky, a couple of drinks are still due! Soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

All in all, a perfectly satisfactory thousand mile trip. Perhaps this is stuff that dreams are made of!

โ€œOoh to! Ooh to be! Ooh to be a Gooner!โ€
โ€œOoh to! Ooh to be! Ooh to be a Gooner!โ€

What a pity we have to meet Hull again in the FA Cup so soon.

Arnie.

Photo and video credits: Gooner in Exile and Mrs Arnie.

70 Responses to Down memory lane: A triumphant thousand mile Gooner road trip

1. poigmothoin says:

arnie, nice 1, you look nothing like I imagined, but a great day out. ๐Ÿ™‚

Arnie. Thank you – a hugely enjoyable reminder of a very tense and stressful game.

My abiding memory is Gibbs heading off the line to stop Hull going 3 up in the first 15 minutes. Had that gone in we would have a new manager this season

3. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

Such a great day out, enjoyed the trip down memory lane ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Sounds like a great day out, I was in Borneo at the time, no TV viewing it was around two or three in the morning and I was relying on text messages from my son.

Great read Arnie, thanks.

An absolutely fantastic recounting of a special trip, and gathering of devoted AA Gooners, arnie!! ๐Ÿ˜€

I was then and still am deeply jealous of the arnie family super FA Cup trip, as well as the chance to meet up with some great blog friends.

You have a wonderful attitude, arnie, and you are so well supported by the Mrs. Love it. ๐Ÿ™‚

When you said Exile had some fun with the Hull supporters on the train back, was he singing sweet nothings to them? ๐Ÿ™‚

A memory that has cheered me greatly, thank you, as well as reminding me how nerve wracking the game was.

Fabulous read Arnie, thanks.

So much of supporting a team is in The Journey, and that is why I like reading these posts more than anything.

Being a Supporter is 24 hours, 7, 365, and a game is just 90 mins, which shows how much of Gunnerdom is taken up by said journey.

Also, added bonus is that I’m now right back in the mood for a Cup Run ๐Ÿ™‚

8. That was a lovely read Arnie….. nice memories for you and the gang. Thank you.

heh Redders, about yesterday, I started off trying to have a joke and a laugh about your use of language, but having read it again I can see how it may have been taken the wrong way. I wasn’t in any way trying to start an argument. ๐Ÿ™‚

You did not start an argument, Norther, and until you mentioned it now, it never occurred to me to take it the wrong way.

I thought you were being amusing — now I am going to have to bash you!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Blame it on my education, or love of reading, but what sounds weird to others on the blogs, [and believe me, you are not alone in this] it is just normal speech patterns and vocabulary to me, and the other old timers on AA will tell you that over the last 4 or 5 years I have frequently bugged them as well.

So nothing new! ๐Ÿ™‚

10. yeh, If I’d been speaking in my native language I would have kicked your butt ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Have we bought anyone yet?

Thanks for a lovely heartfelt post Arnie. Would have liked to have been at the Ems myself but things were slightly out of my hands and I ended up elsewhere in London.

Apologies to Shard and GIE for not coming back to their comments yesterday. I sometimes get tied up (not in a good way) and disappear for a bit. I will try and come back to you guys later. No time now.

13. arnie says:

Thanks everyone. ๐Ÿ™‚

I was great fun! Yes, the game was a bit edgy, but that did not matter. It was the journey and the experience that mattered most.

In any case, we thrashed Hull, did we not? Of course there was the fantastic goal-line clearance by Gibbs when we were 0-2 down. But that is only a small detail.

We had a bit of a cat and mouse game with Hull all evening. And then Rambo scored. We won the FA Cup. That is all that matters. ๐Ÿ˜›

This was just a small attempt to document the journey. and the meeting up with AAers. There are so many different ways different AAers and their families have enjoyed their Arsenal experience over the years. Makes such fabulous reading.

The foreign exploits of Raddy and Micky, the travels of the Vines family, GN5 and his son meeting up with Neamman, and so on. Just
    priceless! like the Mastercard ad says! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

We meet Hull again in the FA Cup 3rd round tomorrow. COYG. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Oh wow Arnie and Mrs Arnie, what a great day out we had ๐Ÿ™‚

The despair of being two goals down ๐Ÿ˜ฆ and the elation when Rambo thumped home the winner ๐Ÿ™‚

Time to defend our cup, hopefully we can do our title of holders justice and have another day out in May ๐Ÿ˜€

15. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

Just want to add to something both Micky and Arnie have said today about the journey and the meeting up with friends.

Now call me old school but this was and is still more important to me than any result or silverware. Going to a game meeting up with mates, sharing the elation or anguish. And realising at the end of it all that as Rocky said yesterday we support the greatest club in the world. If you start forgetting that you stop being a supporter.

This blog gives me a chance to live that without going to the games, and means that when I do go to games I have friends to meet up with.

Now a season without a single trip to the Emirates is very likely, I really need to work on the permission slip for the rest of the season. And what time is it acceptable to leave Mrs Exile with two babies all day for non work related activities?

Wonderful accounting of an Arsenal experience arnie, thanks for sharing it with those of us AAers who weren’t there.

A big thanks goes out to all that take the time to share their travel experiences with us, it makes the AA experience even better. We learn about good and bad driving habits, back seat drivers, realize just how careful you are about your eating and drinking habits etc… Most of all we understand just how much we all share in the common experience of the Gunners.

Please continue to share these experiences as they make those of us who are unable to make the journey feel a lot closer…….

Only on AA – Priceless…………..

Ta.

What a cracking read – Bravo Arnie!

That was the first Cup Final I haven’t managed to attend in person for donkey’s years.

We watched it at my house with a big bunch of friends – most Arsenal supporters and a few bemused Canadians.

The room was decked out in Arsenal finery and for a couple of hours before the kick-off I had all my Arsenal tunes going on the music system (Good Old Arsenal, We Love You Freddie, She Wore… etc).

The drinking started a couple of hours before kick-off as well.

You all know what happened in the game, but suffice to say my Canadian friends – keen sports fans though they are – were slightly taken aback at the level of shouting, swearing, anger, joy, tears, air-punching, pogo-ing and singing that accompanied the game from those Gooners present.

By the end of the match, these reserved, polite Canucks were weeping and hugging with the rest of us.

It may have been the booze, but I would like to think that, for a couple of hours that day, they came to share the agony and ecstasy of being an Arsenal supporter.

GIE,

The Mad Hatter Pub that my son, Neamman and myself were in for the day was as great an atmosphere as you would get at any pub in Highbury – most likely 25% Brits and 75% indoctrinated Canadians – sadly the pub closed forever two months ago.

It turned out that the owners biggest revenue came from the football games, the very 1st time we set it up for football they ran out of beer – which was also a first for the pub. However they couldn’t get the cash flow they required on non football days – a real shame as they tried so hard to make it a success.

Gn5
    I know you’re familiar with Scallywags. It’s where I went to watch any Arsenal games that weren’t on home TV when I was first in Toronto.

There was a good bunch of Canadian Arsenal fans there for every game.

Interestingly I went to watch an Arsenal game there a few weeks ago – on a day when other Premier League teams were playing at the same time – and while there were Chav fans and Scousers and some ManU and ManCity fans I was the only Arsenal fan ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Luckily someone tipped me off to the fact that the Arsenal contingent had decamped to a new pub just round the corner.

So if ever you’re in TO and you need to catch a game, don’t go to Scally’s. You need to go to The Fox And Fiddle on Yonge St, just a block north of Scally’s.

Toronto’s Arsenal contingent have taken over this pub and made it their own. You can’t miss it – there are giant Arsenal flags outside ๐Ÿ™‚

Very sad about the Mad Hatter, by the way.

Rocky,

This is cut and pasted from The Fox and Fiddle web site.

………………………………………………………………………………………..

We proudly welcome along with the Arsenal Supporters Club all soccer fans, especially the Arsenal fans to come to Fox and Fiddle on Yonge Street and cheer for their team.

Lovely arnie

Pleased you and the crew had a great day

I was very fortunate to get a ticket and be at Wembley.

The overriding memory for me was when the players lifted Arsene in the air. I was so happy for the man.

Arsene has been instrumental in securing the clubs future. His legacy is overseeing the move to the new stadium, Massively increasing our fan base, and introducing an exciting brand of football that even Totnumb fans admire.

In the near future, his successors will inherit and benefit from these great foundations, affording them a great chance of trophies and hopefully propelling the Club even further.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

You lot make me feel that I have not put enough into being a Gunner.

For the best part of 7 years I dutifully set off for games at Highbury, season ticket book clasped in an iron grip, (no pickety pocket was getting their mits on it – however unlikely that was) ๐Ÿ™‚ and walked up the steps to my seat in the West Stand and did my best to remain seated to stop those behind me from crying in despair that the big bast*rd was blocking the view.

Looking back I now realise that the only away games I went to regularly were to London derbies.

arnie’s 1,000 mile round trip, Ant and Duck’s sallies to games hither and thither, or Rickety Rocky’s forages across the Atlantic to important games, GN5’s annexation Canadian Pubs, and the efforts of so many others, too, make my supposedly stalwart efforts pall by comparison.

Oddly enough, at the time, I was quite content with my lot, and the scheduling of my workload and my availability to get to games seemed to be a dextrous work of art.

Now, I have come to realise, by reading of your various exploits, that I have wasted my life by comparison. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

The only mitigation I can put forward is that when I was a still a stripling staying in modest hotels in Los Angeles or Honolulu, I braved the lounges of the very smartest hotels to glean the scores from the sports pages of the imported English papers, as in the pre-TV era of Sky etc, the ‘soccer’ results were often completely ignored by the American media.

What people thought of the displays of fist pumping elation or groans of unmitigated misery emitted as I read the results — well I never hung around to find out. ๐Ÿ™‚

24. arnie says:

Fully agree, GiE and everyone else. ๐Ÿ™‚

It is the experience of being a Gooner that matters above all. The journey of life as a Gooner, the way we enjoy our support in the company of friends, fellow AAers, fellow Gooners, and even fans of the ignorable others.

It is priceless, and GN5 puts it nicely. It is AA that is priceless! AA offers us not only the opportunity to meet and make friends, but above all, for the exiled to share our support with all the other AAers. ๐Ÿ™‚

RA,

When I was living in Coeur d”Alene in Idaho, I drove 400 plus miles through the mountains of Northern Idaho and Southern British Columbia to watch Arsenal play in the 1980 FA Cup Final. I was alone and booked a hotel room in Cranbrook, I watched us lose, in a haze of single malt scotch. The drive back was nowhere near as exhilarating as the drive there………..

26. arnie says:

A small aside on the trip back. Usually I avoid TalkShite in the car. Just gets on my nerves!

The long trip back was the one occasion I had TalkShite on all of the time. I wonder why! ๐Ÿ˜›

hi arnie, thank you for the very enjoyable trip down the memory lane. It was a day to remember, wasn’t it just?

hi Rocky ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

29. arnie says:

Redders. On the train experiences, here is what GiE wrote at the time.

Gรถรถner In Exile says:
    May 19, 2014 at 8:01 pm

When I left Peaches, Arnie and Mrs Arnie on Fins Park platform the train I boarded had a few Hull fansโ€ฆ..I persuaded another Gooner to frame a selfie with a couple of them looking glum in the background.

Canโ€™t remember if that was before or after I led a rendition of โ€œTwo nil and you f***** it upโ€

30. arnie says:

Ours was the following. The three of us, full of glee and grins from ear to ear sat opposite to a couple of gentlemen who were obviously returning from Wembley. One had an Arsenal scarf on, and the other was in plain clothes. They looked distinctly reserved.

When the plainclothes guy left at a station, Peaches asked the Gooner how the experience at Wembley was. The man answered, and said he was reserved because his mate was a Hull supporter. To which we exclaimed: making the trip all the way from Hull? what a disappointed.

To which the gentleman said: No, he lives in London. Peaches asked: pray why would a Londoner ever support a scum team like Hull?

Pindrop silence followed. ๐Ÿ˜›

Whilst we are reminiscing …..

I was in Goa (I know, I know ๐Ÿ™‚ ) in 2006 at the time of the CL Cup Final. We were staying in an ashram where there was no connection to the outside world. This could not be. A CL Final is not something to be missed and I had been to a couple of the early rounds.

I told Mrs Raddy (she wasn’t then – she was just Big Raddy’s girlfriend) that TV viewing was essential but there were no local sports bars nor anywhere showing the game which kicked off after midnight.

So I got a taxi to take us to the local 5 star hotels to find one which had the match beamed to the rooms. We found a place by the coast (about 50 miles from the ashram) and booked in for a few nights. http://www.kenilworthhotels.com/goa/

A sole gooner in a plush, expensive tourist hotel room was not my idea of an ideal CL Final experience as all my mates were in Paris.

When TH14 missed those chances the whole hotel knew about it!

Total cost of the match was ugly. Cab fares, 3 nights in 5 star hotel, spa treatments for Mrs Raddy. Hefty bar bill for BR.

And then there was the trip to Yeovil in the FA Cup on January 3rd 1971 – that is a tale worth telling but saved for another day

32. arnie says:

Raddy. Nice one. ๐Ÿ™‚ Look forward eagerly to the Yeovil one as well.

I might as well do one where I almost had to sleep under the bridge. Ant n’ Duck know all about that one! ๐Ÿ˜›

W’ham have just signed a defender.

Not trying to fuel any Winston Reid rumours ๐Ÿ™‚

Of all the places in the world you could choose to go, and Raddy picks Goa ๐Ÿ™„

35. arnie says:

hmmm. Hippy! ๐Ÿ˜›

Thanks arnie, an uplifting and timely reminder of a great day, sorry I couldn’t have been with you all ๐Ÿ˜›

Brilliant, arnie.
    It’s typical of you to be helping a colleague the night before.
    Sometimes it amazes me that you’re ever in one place for any length of time at all. ๐Ÿ™‚

Loved Cup Final Day. We got so used to the Cardiff trips that we started to take them for granted. That made it all the more special.

Goa is a superb place to visit. I’ve been a couple of times and it’s banging. ๐Ÿ™‚

Palolem – one of my favourite beaches ever.

39. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

Back from Goa in the land of the British boozer or even Canadian ones it seems. Having worked in the industry as an adviser to licensees I can honestly say I wouldn’t touch a tithed pub with a barge pole, thankfully some legislation has now been passed preventing the breweries stopping the publican purchasing outside of them. Most of my clients could buy bottles cheaper in Tesco than they could from the brewery, they just were not allowed to, and if they were caught buying outside tithe they were subjected to large penalties. How could they ever compete? Hopefully things will change but I can imagine the breweries will now just up the rent charged and they’ll be no better off.

It seems in the uk that without a great food offering it’s pretty much impossible to turn a profit.

And don’t even get me started on Sky charges for football, they are based on the pubs rateable value so for most are ridiculously expensive.

40. The Cockie Monster says:

Superb, Professor Arniestein !. ๐Ÿ˜€

I still have the game on “Keep” on SKY Planner.
    I have to admit that I think I am the worst person when it comes to live games and only pick games to go to that I think we are enormous favourites to win, hence my record of only seeing us loose once at The Emirates in around 15 visits…14 wins !.
    I suffer from a condition known as…..( Benign) Essential Tremor and any stress brings it on ten fold !…….basically my hands shake the more stressed I get, which is bad for a surgeon, but great for an all over massage !….ten fingers !….more like ten Dildos !. hahaha
    Nearly every game I don’t watch and there is a media lockdown in my house and will wait until after the game is finished to find out the score !…..and will only watch recording if we win !.
    On said FA Cup Final Dayd, I hid for two hours and when I asked the wife…..” can I watch the game ? “( this is another idea to keep the stress down, I ask the wife if I can watch a game and she says yes if we win, I then watch game knowing we won but not knowing the score ! ), she said…” it wasn`t over ! “. I then knew that the game was a draw and going to extra time and then endured a torturous 30 mins or so until my wife shouted up stairs to me ( No lies, I was in a dark bedroom under the blanket shaking like a leaf ! )…..” you can watch the game now, you won ! “.
    I don’t know if there are others like or worse than me, but sometimes I wished I didn`t give a shit about football and have less stress in life !.
    I laugh about it to other people , but it`s not actually funny !.

Am I mad ?.

hahaha, yes Cornwall, your a bleeding lunatic

When you say “benign” essential tremor, do you mean that whilst in the presence of a Totnumb fan, you do not resort to strangulation?, or is it something else?

i wouldnt worry about it though mate. When in close proximity to an attractive bird on a crowded tube, i suffer from it to. hahaha

42. The Cockie Monster says:

Hahaha Stretch…….know what you mean !……….women used to check their handbags thinking they had left their vibrator on when standing next to me on the tube !.
    I have to have my hands tied to the bed headboard at night ( in a non kinky way ) to stop me doing the normal man thing of grasping one`s Hampton whilst sleeping, otherwise it will be a case of ….” they think it`s all over, it is now ! “. hahaha

43. poigmothoin says:

Cockie and Terry, once again words fail me. ๐Ÿ™‚

44. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

Yes you are mad Cockie. I hate knowing the score or evenin inkling of it if I am watching late.

Lengths I go to….

Midweek ECL nights, put game on record first. No radio on way home. Turn off all notifications on phone. Get Mrs Exile to have recording ready for kickoff as soon as I walk through door, forward wind all out of play moments to have chance of getting up to speed so I can come on AA by half time.

45. arnie says:

Thanks Chas, you are too generous. ๐Ÿ™‚

What a duo, Terry and Cockie! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

46. arnie says:

Peaches and Rasp. absolutely love the snow flakes. Thanks a ton. ๐Ÿ™‚

Morning Chas
    Who is that in your b&w pic? Men?

Here’s Iggy suspendered up. Go to two mins

On the train with Ant and cider today?

Have we flogged Pants Down yet to make way for you know who?

Nah, down by car.
    Trains shite on a Sunday. Poor Hull fans.

It’s the Runaways. Iggy looks better though. ๐Ÿ™‚

This is Goa for me…..

I had the misfortune of seeing the Runaways. Awful.

I should make a list of the worst gigs I have been to and put up a video every morning. Perhaps it would stop us having to listen to the dreadful Iggy.

I will start with this. Probably the worst gig of my life.

Ha ha Raddy

Iggy dreadful? He’s easily the best American ever.

As for the Goa vid, I genuinely can’t work out if you’re taking the piss or not ๐Ÿ™‚

And finally, the Mick Hucknell gig. Why didn’t you make the Mrs go on her own? Let’s face it, no man would want to go ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh don’t sulk Raddy.
    We’ll let you Norwegian Wood us ๐Ÿ™‚
    (Boy, could I regret saying that)

Micky. It was a corporate jolly and I was in the free bar before the sap got going. A terrible, terrible experience

Best American? too many to choose from. All those wonderful bluesmen, all the motown people, James Brown, the Boss, etc etc – nope couldn’t choose. But Iggy wouldn’t be in my first 200 million ๐Ÿ™‚

Even I am sick of NW

a must see American

re no man should go to Simply Red’s gig. No woman should go either. He is so ugly that should only be heard, not seen.

And what about ‘The Brockback Mountain’ – I heard that no real men should watch it. I forced Him to go with me using the clever line ‘men who are sure about their sexuality can deal with puffters…it worked and He loved the movie

59. Good morning girls

Great stuff this morning and from Cockie and Transplant men last night. If you want a quicky this morning before Raddys PM, Norwegian Wood even Micky, then I have a new one up on GunnersoreArse: http://wp.me/p4FeF9-oi

60. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

Best American? Two for me….Buddy Holly and Bob Dylan.

In other matters any inkling as to what years our new kits are changing? We have never been a new kit every season club apart from maybe the 3rd kit and occasional celebrations.

Just put G in his kit which is a little tight so now becomes a hand me down, but should I go home or away I the new kit?

61. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

We used to follow a pattern of home – away – home.

Obviously both changed last year and Puma will probably change one next season, what’s most likely the home kit?

62. Best American singer… but not american:

63. GIE

I would go with you on Bob Dylan though. ๐Ÿ™‚

NB. Proper hippy music!

Eddie. Really enjoyed that vid apart from the sickening Britney Spears. She is all that is wrong in the modern world in one peroxide blonde package

GIE. Home

65. Raddish

You don’t have to be a hippy to enjoy good music ๐Ÿ™‚ man

NB. You are right – but it helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Nice weather for a trip to Louisiana art gallery http://en.louisiana.dk

Laters