Rock the Casbah

Given the state of the group should I find something else to do than struggle to find a stream? Should you?

No need to go through the significance (or not) of this game – you already know we are through and highly unlikely to achieve top spot. In a way this is a shame as an away tie in Turkey should be exciting, instead it is an exercise in escaping injuries.

images

Who is in the “red zone”? Much is made of the number games played by Alexis (or is he Sanchez – I never know) but if you want to see a man who is exhausted look at Mertesacker. The man has carried our defence through the first part of the season following a lengthy world cup campaign; at Stoke he looked shattered.

If I were manager I wouldn’t start a single first teamer and take the beating with a smile but I am not and Mr Wenger, unusually, has already named his team and to my dismay is starting the clearly knackered BFG and Ramsey. Bellerin is playing at LB – which is strange for a player who has struggle in his natural position on the other flank. The forward line looks potent with Sanogo central and Campbell and Podolski flanking him.

The bench is interesting and I would very much like to see Zelalem get some pitch time.

Galatasary: We have played them before. Β This is the team which lost to them in Copenhagen in 2000:

Seaman, Dixon, Keown, Adams, Sylvinho, Parlour, Vieira, Petit, Overmars (Ε uker 115), Henry, Bergkamp (Kanu 75).

Tasty but still losers. How many of that team would get into our current first team? I would say 11!!

Galatasary are undefeated in their last 5 home ties against English opposition in the CL. They also have a rabid crowd of fans (read loonies). These blokes make an unholy racket and have the full schmeer of flares, flags and banners – whatever happens it should be a fine atmosphere.

The food in Turkey is excellent, some of the world’s finest cuisine (IMO). So much to choose from as one would expect from such a diverse country. So far in this series I have avoided desserts but I am a man with a weakness for sugary stuff so today we will look at Baklava.

This wonder from the Ottoman empire first came to the West’s attention in the 1650’s though there is written evidence of it in the 13th century. Filo pastry layered and filled with chopped nuts and honey, it is hugely popular in Turkey, Greece and Central Asia. The difficulty is to find some fresh baklava because unfortunately in such places as Bounds Green and Green Lanes there are unscrupulous pastry shops who Β do not date their produce 😦

Unknown

But find the real thing, freshly baked and Β ….. mmmmm.

Tonight is effectively a dead rubber but nonetheless it is The Arsenal and as we fight so hard to get into the CL it seems churlish not to enjoy it. Mr. Wenger has put out a side which I am sure will compete and possibly win. The front three have an opportunity to show the fans and prospective buyers their abilities. The defence is still fragile particularly down the left with two 19 year old’s.

Can we win? Without the pressure to win I can see this team being more expansive and despite lacking a creative edge (Santi, Ozil, Alexis, JW) we can overcome.

COYRRG

written by Big Raddy

256 Responses to Rock the Casbah

Excellent Raddy, thanks. I can’t stand baklava – far too sweet πŸ™‚

As I said in my comment on the last post, I am looking forward to the game precisely because it is not a MWG. The pressure is off, we’re in a foreign land and we’ll get to see Campbel and the Pod play – what’s not to like?

2. Well done Raddy

Filo pastry filled with nuts and honey……… I feel a Rack of the Day moment coming on πŸ™‚

Rasp… chuck MWG into room 101….

3. β€˜morning BR, you’ve done it again, said all that needs to be said about the game in a succinct and entertaining way.

Turkish food? Back to 1964, arrived in Istanbul about seven in the morning, walked all over the city, visited Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, The Hippodrome, the Grand Bazaar, The Golden Horn. Around 3 pm we wandered onto the Galata Bridge starving and weary, down beside the bridge a small rowing boat was tied up with a guy cooking fish over a tiny spirit stove, freshly caught, served with half a loaf of bread it was pure ambrosia and cost the equivalent of about sixpence. Washed down with a glass of chai it was probably our most memorable meal ever.

Great post Raddy, thank you!

But you must be wrong, Seaman, Dixon, Keown, Adams, Sylvinho, Parlour, Vieira, Petit, Overmars, Henry and Bergkamp lost to Galatasery??!!! Not possible

That’s bloody brilliant Eddie. It’s made my day – let’s all celebrate music, art, diversity and culture.

NB, MWG is in Room 101, it’s up to you lot to find a more original phrase now πŸ˜•

Rasp – this really is from Peaches’ mum, she sent it to me today

What is MWG?

7. That’s an excellent video Eddie………. I’ve just posted it to my Facebook page πŸ™‚

That’s why I always shop in Waitrose.

9. Grazie! Mama de Peaches. and Eddie of course. πŸ˜€

10. Raddy, do you have Waitrose in Denmark?

French supermarkets are not that good… considering Lidl were voted the best supermarket in France in 2013, just shows you how bad the rest are πŸ™‚

11. If I tell you, Eddie, I’ll finish up in room 101

Hi Eddie, MWG = must win game πŸ˜•

13. Nozzink says:

MWG = Must Win Game, Eddy.

14. ha ha I’ve just been roped in to being Father Christmas at a local school where a friend is a teacher…….. need to grow my beard a bit longer πŸ™‚

Eddie, what’s the inside Polish view of Krystian Bielik? …. he’s a 16 year old midfielder and ‘apparently’ on his way to Arsenal.

16. arnie says:

ha ha ha, matchday. lovely stuff, Raddy. how on earth do you make them better and better. πŸ™‚

thank you, Evonne and Peaches’ mom. made my day as well. πŸ™‚

I agree with Rasp. Not a …. (ahem, Room 101 phrase), we can really show what we are about. and honestly, CL is the final frontier. win or lose, we have to put our best foot forward, right!

no brainer there, at least for me. I will be looking for a dodgy stream when the moment comes. and who knows what can happen!

can we win and BvB lose at home? who knows? perhaps more likely than our giving away a 3-0 lead to Anderlecht? we are where we are, and we are partly responsible. Let us show some spirit and regain our rightful place. COYG. πŸ™‚

Look forward to a good game. There is something at stake, and that is pride. And if it is not there, we may as well pack our bags. what else is there in supporting a great club, or in life for that matter. πŸ™‚ COYG.

oh must win game! as opposed to LHWW or PDWW

Cheers Raddy

I am with you, Arsene should have played a team of stiffs. Mind you, at times the bloody first team look like they have Rigor Mortis, so who cares who plays.

Galatasary are a poor side. European bans for celebrating Bonfire night when they please, and former chairmen so corrupt they look like Oscar Wilde leaving an opium den, have taken there toil.

Despite our shitness, I fully expect to win.

I very much like our Turkish friends. Five hundred years of occupation tends to leave an impression. Not a very good one, mostly a fear of men wearing a Fez and a suspicious mono brow.

When I see an Ottoman I instantly offer my wife as tribute. There all up for it. then they see her and politely decline. Apparently there Greco/Roman wrestling team is full.

I wont have you bad mouthing Bounds Green mate. We have some of the best cuisine in the world.

Scaffolders and scroungers come from all over the country to visit our establishments. Oh yes, you cant walk down the street most nights without bumping into a food inspector.

You can always tell a food inspector. There the only ones who don’t get violent over chilli sauce shortage or salivate at a strangers wallet.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

Thank you for yet another delightful post Raddy, it’s great to move away from gloom & doom & blatant negativity.

It’s an interesting bench tonight, consisting of, probably the most
    inexperienced group of players that we have ever used as back ups. The Turkish experience will be awesome for the youngsters and they will discover just how passionate supporters can be,

Fortunately we get full TV coverage so I will be clicking back and forth between our game and Liverpool’s.

Terry. You always make me laugh. “scaffolders and scroungers” πŸ˜€

When I lived in N.London there were some awful restaurants in Bounds Green, different now as it has become gentrified. Probably called Bounds Green Village.

Green Lanes was always an interesting place. Heroin dealers at one end and ladies of pleasure at the Manor House end. And dodgy restaurants with “back rooms”.

Wonder whether Eboue will get a kick tonight. He hasn’t been featuring much for Gala this season.

Cheers, BR.
    Very interesting pre-match.

Pep talk duly noted and I’m back on it.
    (still might watch the scouse, though πŸ™‚ )

That 2000 final was shite.
    As Cockie was missing see my fizzog for a while, here we are at the Parken Stadium in some of the worst seats we’ve ever been allocated (back of the lower tier).
    Looks like we are showing more fight in this photo than the team did in the whole of the 120 minutes of unmitigated doggie doos before losing the penalty shoot out 4-1.
    The piss-up before the game was superb. You have to remember the good bits, too. πŸ™‚
    (nearly 15 years ago – eeek)

25. arnie says:

ha ha ha. counselling for (plastic) fans! πŸ˜› you could not make this up! πŸ™‚

26. arnie says:

Chas. lovely “fizzog”! πŸ˜›

27. arnie says:

28. arnie says:

πŸ™‚

29. arnie says:

moderation. 😦

30. arnie says:

31. arnie says:

hmmmm.

Great PM Raddy and love the grub stuff.

I once watched a documentary on some place in Turkey making that gooey stuff, and the filo pastry bit was fantastic. Can’t remember how many layers, but it was quite a few. Like Turkish Delight after a Kebab an’ all. My favourite is the almond flavour, although I’m loving the essence of rose one as well, and no, I am not Giroud in disguise πŸ™‚

Certainly agree on the BFG. Can you imagine him limping off 😦

Oh Booooooo

I so wanted that Gazidis Therapy story to be true, I even went to the official site. Shitballs, it was a wind up. Damn, I was so looking forward to signing up 😦

34. arnie says:

Micky. I look like a fool now, but who cares! πŸ™‚

35. arnie says:

still in moderation!

micky – not even you are that silly to believe it πŸ™‚

Is it allowed to watch the Pool MWG ( πŸ™‚ ) instead of doesn’t-matter-who-wins us v Turks?

37. arnie says:

oh dear, Evonne! where can I run for cover? πŸ˜›

Eddie
    When I want something that badly, I’ll do anything to make it be true πŸ™‚

And, well, I don’t think it’s impossible for Anderlecht to beat a complacent Dortmund.

Trouble is, if you look at the four teams in our group, you’d probably put your money on the Turks to try the hardest because they get kebabed if they lose, and that is really painful when the thing is flaming hot and with Grade A chili sauce.

Where is kelsey?

Where are Peaches, RA, Shard, Gooner B etc etc etc

Raddy
    They are all sick of the same old crap and developed a new level known as Deep Dooming πŸ™‚

41. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all, Nice one Raddy,
    Another day and another game, just what real Gooners love to see, Yeh things have looked a little bleak, but that was then and now we have another game against the Turks, looking forward to this one, like i look forward to them all, I may have a moan after it, i may even sing their praises who knows but one thing is for definite who ever we buy or don t buy however we play and whatever the score i am always going to be Arsenal till i die.

I must moan more than most, if we win i moan if we lose i sulk if we get a hiding i fume and when we play like we can do i swoon, no matter what happens tonight i will still be a Gooner and Proud of it , i wont be hiding behind a wall or under a table or staying in my house till it all blows over, I am a proud Arsenal man and am ready to take the knocks should they come along, but i also shout my f—ing head off when we win Oh to be a Gooner Ha ha ha COYRRG’s Sanogo for two tonight πŸ™‚

You’ve been drinking again Steve haven’t you. Either that, or you landed a real whoppa today πŸ™‚

Steve. That’s the trouble – we are all Arsenal ’til I die

44. stevepalmer1 says:

Truth is Micky i grafted at work today from the minute i got there to the time i came home, I work with mostly Gooners and boy can they moan sight worse than some on here, but i still believe we can do better and each and every game i look for the good, i may moan later buy who gives a shit πŸ™‚

Probably all have Tax Investigations Raddy. its the favorate time of year for those. Redders has been awol for ages. Hope its not money laundering

Despite been a Chartered Accountant, I myself have been pulled for an investigation

The guys name was Crackula and looked liked he had been squatting in a grave

“Blood is the liffee Mancini”

“Your not getting any blood out of me mate, the ex wifes had it all”

“Under declaring your VATTTT is a grave offence Mancini. For centuries i have sucked off those who omitttt from Box 7”

“I omitted nothing crackula, and you cant suck me, since the ex wife lost her screw driver it no longer works. Anyway the sale of Totnumb DVD’s is exempt, falling under the charitable “Help the Thick” category

“You dare to pitttt your wits against me Mancini? I who have bored thousands to death with tales of capital gains tax”

The Bastard would not take no for an answer, insisting that Totnunmb DVDs were not charity exempt.

I had no choice but to show him a picture of Steve Archibald and Garth Crooks, forcing him to write a letter of apology

46. stevepalmer1 says:

Trouble is though Raddy, doesn’t matter how bad we play, none of us want to go yet do we πŸ™‚

47. fatgingergooner says:

If winning 3 of your last 4 games is considered a crisis then I would say every game is a MWG between now and the end of the season!

Personally, I couldn’t care less about the result tonight and I’m just looking forward to seeing some of the fringe players and those out of form playing well.

Win, lose or draw, the manager is safe from any abuse from me tonight. Wish that was the case for all our fans.

48. stevepalmer1 says:

Thats the way to look at it Ginge, we’ll have a moan later

Terry. I have had a full VAT inspection which despite my innocence I was forced to employ lawyers and accountants. It cost me many sleepless nights and thousands of pounds to prove they were wrong because there was nothing owing. Did I get an apology? Of course not.

My accountant and best friend from childhood cheated me out of so much money that he ended up in jail.

My business partner stole from the till.

My solution. It is easier and much less stressful being poor (that said, divorces guarantee poverty anyway!)

Back to football. I am looking forward to the game. No handbrake tonight

50. stevepalmer1 says:

Raddy, you only have problems with money when you have some,, When people want money from you and you haven’t any, what they gonna do sue you

51. So who’s gonna be on the couch tonight for the game and getting some therapy and counselling to get to the bottom of some of our real issues πŸ™‚

52. No Steve, tey send someone round and they take yoiur TV, your Stereo, your PC, your full dirty washing basket, the wifes jewellery, and your car. πŸ™‚

53. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening NB, A man of your experience knows better than me mate. πŸ™‚

54. “Plymouth defender Peter Hartley has received a yellow card – 72 hours after giving away the penalty from which Sheffield United scored their second goal against Argyle in the FA Cup on Saturday.
    Referee Gary Sutton originally cautioned Curtis Nelson for the foul on Blades forward Jamie Murphy by mistake, but upon review the decision has now been corrected.

This is where inconsistencies lie in refereeing and the FA. I remember the game we had at Newcastle when that Khant Barton attacked Gervinho and Gerv got a red. Barton only got a yellow but there were calls for Barton to have got a red.
    But the FA said the ref had made decision and issued a yellow so no retrospective action could be taken. Surely in the instance above, the ref had made a decision and cautioned Peter Hartley. Surely the same could have been done to Charlie Adam for his violent attack on Sanchez.

55. ha ha ha Chas, so you wouldn’t post up the Pussy of the Day which you just posted to my site πŸ™‚

So, who is playing?
    From Raddy we have a CB, LB, One Mid, and the three front boys.
    I reckon both Pod and Campbell are effectively in the window, so expect sterling performances from them.

Quick, over to NB’s for a gander πŸ™‚

58. Arsenal
    35 Zelalem
    38 Akpom
    45 Iwobi
    47 Kamara
    70 Maitland-Niles
    73 O’Connor

Was I gone for an unhealthy amount of time? πŸ™‚

Ah ha, cheers NB.

The Ox starts, I watch.

60. I timed that at 12 minutes Micky…. did it become worrying πŸ™‚

61. For those asking about Redders, I think he’s been posting on other sites. So I don’t think the Tax man is after him…. perhaps Big Brenda, but not the tax people πŸ™‚

62. Right, nearly time for KO… so time for my first glass of the day πŸ™‚

Is that all? I deserve 20 minutes minimum πŸ™‚

RA posts under another name. He’s alive and kicking.

64. Aguero out for 4 to 6 weeks…. will that affect the Man City push for 4th place?

Liverpool can qualify with 7 points by beating Basel. Draw Basel through

Juve need to beat Athletico by two to top the group.

Interesting games as well.

66. arnie says:

ha ha ha ha. here we go. come on the good guys. COYG. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Cheers for the pre-match Raddy. Looking forwards to this one with some different players hopefully getting a chance.

Come on Lads, and who knows. Anderlecht aren’t bad.

Thanks BR – entertaining as ever.

Come on boys – a 10-0 win please, with Dortmund inexplicably losing…

30 seconds gone and it is time to turn off the idiot commentators

what a strike!!!

72. fatgingergooner says:

Not bad from Podolski.

Excellent play from Ramsey as well

74. arnie says:

ha ha ha ha ha ha

Great from the Pod. Why have they got a hoarse scot with an unintelligible accent commentating?

So the defending hasn’t improved 😦

77. fatgingergooner says:

BR,

You could hear the commentators disappointment when Podolski scored.

We’ve just been carved apart in defence twice! Looks like there’ll be more goals in this game

79. arnie says:

Rambo…… πŸ™‚

80. fatgingergooner says:

Rasp,

I’d be more worried if we had their defence! Lol

Absolute beauty from Ramsey, great run from the ox

82. Excellent play by the OX….. Micky πŸ™‚

83. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Lurvely finish by Rambo, amazing what an assist and a goal does for your confidence, great work by Ox too, see how he waited for the defender to get close and released it just before he got whacked.

Debut looks like he needs a couple of games to get his trim shape back (maybe the beard is adding pounds?)

Haha, not much to choose between the defences fgg, just our finishing has been too drawer

Aaron ramsey! Terrific play frox Ox for the set up and lovely finish. Is he back to form?

Is this the bloke that some on here said was not good enough 😷

86. arnie says:

yes, De Bushy is leaving it a bit open on the right.

Plenty of open bush on the right.

88. arnie says:

Chas. πŸ˜†

Yellow card for Flamini. Quelle surprise

90. Stop it Chas…. you have been warned πŸ™‚

91. fatgingergooner says:

Rasp,

I think the midfielders see goals in this game so won’t be a surprise to see them bombing forward far too much and leaving us exposed.

Time to bring on the kids πŸ™‚

93. arnie says:

wow. Poldi!!!!!!

This is where we need a leader on the pitch, this could all go wrong if we don’t keep calm and play with our heads.

95. Podolski is really up for it tonight…. Ox as well

96. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Also good to see at 1-0 up Rambo was running past their midfield and our forwards, thats the kind of thing i want to see from Arsenal

Quiz question (without looking it up)

How many times has Flamini been sent off in his Arsenal career (both stints)?

98. fatgingergooner says:

Podolski’s left foot makes Van Persie’s left foot look like Bendtners left foot!

Rasp. I think we must be watching different games.

I’m not unhappy with our performance raddy, we’re great going forward, I just want to see us solid and organised in defence – but so far so good, it’s a great game and looks like we could score a hatfull – right up mickeys street

Chas. I thought you were watching L’pool.

102. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

What a beauty!!!!!!!

Omg!!!! Unbelievable goal from Rambo

104. Fucking hell Ransey you boy

105. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Looks like Ramsey is hitting another purple patch then (how do you do roll eyes?)

106. fatgingergooner says:

Ramseys left foot makes Podolski’s left foot look like Bendtners left foot!!!!!

Oh my f**king god!!!!!!

Goal of the season right there!

: roll : GiE πŸ˜€

I didn’t get past YNWA. πŸ™‚

109. Adrian says:

What an insane goal!

110. The Cockie Monster says:

Fcuking Hell !

111. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Basel 1 – Liverpool 0 πŸ˜€

Are commentators right? GD counts before result comparison?

With Anderlecht and Dortmund drawing we could finish top πŸ˜€

112. The fiery atmosphere from the Turks has gone a bit damp πŸ™‚

113. Yes GIE… we get another few and Dortmond draw, we go top

Getting a bit boring πŸ™‚

Open bush πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

I hope Debuchy plays against Toon, I don’t know if we have anyone who can play RB on the bench

GIE
    I think in head to head we’re level with Dortmund 2-0 at each ground.

118. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Understand now because we were 2-0 win home and 2-0 away everything is equal so we now need another 4 goals…….come on Joel start chipping in

119. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Thanks Chas i knew i should have just waited rather than browsing UEFA web

120. Bush of the day then

121. fatgingergooner says:

If we get 3 more do we go top on goals scored?

Surely Ramsey’s counts double!?

122. That was unlucky for Cambell…. theres no luck in this game πŸ™‚

Is the posting of bushes the blog equivalent of singing stand up if you hate totnum at the Ems? πŸ™‚

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Our defence is feckin shite though.

Sarcasm 😦

127. All good so far πŸ™‚

They were through on goal twice shortly after Podolski’s first and had it not been for poor finishing would have scored

As well as we are playing It has to be said that Gala are dreadful.

Last two halves… AFC 5-0 up

So pleased for Ramsey, not only his goals but some of his through balls have been excellent

Well, you can all thank me for Ramsey’s improved performance and attitude.

Clearly a one way ticket to Hartlepool United didn’t appeal. Damn I’m good πŸ™‚

132. arnie says:

feck. missed the 3rd goal in real time. bloody students.

saw in replay. wow. πŸ™‚

tra la la la la la la la

133. arnie says:

Basel ha ha ha ha.

134. arnie says:

OK, Micky. time for a breath of fresh air!

Bloody hell

Only just seen the second Ramsey goal (stream crash). Effing nora, that’s unbelievable.

136. fatgingergooner says:

Rasp,

I agree the defence has looked dodgy, but in fairness one of their ‘clean through’ chances came from a shot which deflected a couple of times and fell to their striker.

Enjoyed Pods link up play and Ox’s driving from midfield has been outstanding. Ramsey motm so far.

These are utterly awful at the back though! Really poor.

Great. Zelalem on. Our future DM

138. fatgingergooner says:

Good changes from Arsene. Don’t want anymore key injuries. Debuchy off after an hour please!

Raddy, I see Zelalem as an attacking midfielder/playmaker not a DM/HM

We have 4 players undr 20 and 6 under 21 !

Rasp. Just hoping πŸ™‚

πŸ™‚ Raddy

Dortmund 1 up

Campbell has been improving as the game goes on

Pool down to 10 men πŸ™‚

Time to get Debuchy off

Pod gets a card for agrreing that the ref is a homer and telling him

148. Listen to that crowd, 3-0 down and making that type of noise

Why is Debuchy still on the pitch?

150. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Wow Liverpool get a red card to the centre forward and have precisely no one to replace him (as Lambert started) …… oops

All streams breaking down. Do storms blow satellites off course? 😦

We need Debuchy for Saturday. Time to get him subbed and bring on another 17 y.o.

Well done AW πŸ™‚

154. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

I guess its as many minutes under his belt as possible Rasp? Pod looks to be blowing out of his arse too….although thats less excusable

I’d forgotten pod was on the pitch πŸ™‚

We’ve now scored 2 more goals in the CL than last season

Good start for Debuchy. O’ Connor, Zelalem and Niles all have the same haidresser.

Raddy
    I can’t see what’s going on, but you discussing hair must mean everything is nicely under control πŸ™‚

Anderlecht have equalised

160. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Anderlecht equaliser…..come on 3 goals please

161. anderlecht equalised

Or just one more from the Belgians

163. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Shite Gerard scores….please don’t ruin my night Basel

Did Anderlecht equalise? πŸ™‚

How costly was the missed offside decision for Anderlecht’s first goal at the Em’s?

Rasp. You put a curse on Campbell, since your comment he has been awful

Going to say goodnight. Shame, I was really enjoying that.

168. arnie says:

Poldi

all done, its OK, played with pride. πŸ™‚

Really good game.

A demain

I agree Raddy 😦 podolski has either added a bit to his value of maybe lifted himself above Sanogo in the striker pecking order?

171. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

What a lovely relaxed evening of football πŸ˜€

Dippers playing on Spursdays

Can’t be unhappy about Schneider’s goal – a quality free kick

174. arnie says:

ha ha ha ha

Beebs at 21:35

LIVERPOOL ELIMINATED

‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ is sung heartily by some fans on the Kop but that was painful viewing for most of the evening. Liverpool will play in the Europa League. Even worse than going out altogether…?

175. fatgingergooner says:

A Madrid
    R Madrid
    Monaco
    B Munich
    PSG or Barcelona
    Porto

Porto or Monaco please!!!!

176. arnie says:

not begrudging Sneijder. why can we never do anything substantial in dead ball situations? just asking. πŸ˜›

177. And its goodnight from him and goodnight from me

178. arnie says:

Monaco will be good, FGG. πŸ™‚

179. arnie says:

a priori, that should be a 1/3 chance.

180. arnie says:

I mean, Porto and Monaco together

181. fatgingergooner says:

Remember when Liverpool had that easy CL draw!? Haha

Some great goals tonight and good to get through without too much drama. One of those games just to sit back and enjoy. We don’t get many dead rubbers so they are to be savoured when they come around.

Time to move on to the league form and try and have a good Xmas period.

Onwards and upwards

182. fatgingergooner says:

Arnie,

Cazorla v Hull
    Sanchez v Southampton

We can do it. I would like to see one person take control though instead of rotating free kick takers. Sanchez seems more than capable if given the chance.

Haha, Rambo’s prefers this one.
    I suppose if you lamp it with your swinger it could go anywhere.

Ooops just remembered this one with his ‘swinger’ too.

185. stevepalmer1 says:

4.1 win away i would imagine many supporters won’t know the score till they read the papers tomorrow,, A dead rubber who cares, well i know a few who cared, Gala ok not fantastic but still played attractive football in the second half, Of course with all the changes at half time and many Rookies drafted in, the flowing attacking flair was to subside, Gala looked at what was in front of them and realised that they had the upper hand, .

The rookies must have been excited they must have felt nervous and some froze, but lets face it this is one competition that all footballers of all standards wants to compete in, yes they looked shaky at times but they now know what \Champions League football feels like.

Wouldn’t want to see too many in the premiership games but good experience for them.

Liverpool of course see the last of Champions league now for some while, i said a little while ago that \Brenda had made the biggest mistake of his football life selling Suarez, and whether he remains Liverpool Manager or not will rue the day he let media pressure decide his fate.

Suarez was different class and has convinced me we missed out big time.

Rambo’s first goal was really classy. No hint of luck about it just pure talent.

Typical, isn’t it? On a game that we really didn’t need to win everything goes for us. As I watching the only slight hint of frustration I got was when I thought to myself: why could this have happened against Man U, I mean why couldn’t everything have worked for us then……….oh, well…………..

Suarez was at Liverpool for how long? Hmmm, what four seasons. Sanchez has taken the league by storm after just four months wait by the time he has been with us for four seasons I predict that the idea of signing Suarez will be a distant memory under the heading: One’s we didn’t need.

188. stevepalmer1 says:

LB, evening, we all have our own opinions, perhaps i should have said my opinion as i will never forget the offer, perhaps you will but your happy with Sanchez, Night all

189. arnie says:

FGG. fair enough. if only this was more regular. πŸ™‚ agree, Sanchez is our best bet

190. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Look has anyone seen anything from Sanchez as a man that reflects anything in Suarez as a man?

Less divey, less niggly, less selfish, 100% less racisty and bitey so far.

I’ll take Sanchez all day long, on the pit has good of not better than Suarez. Suarez had an amazing season last year he may go on to have another two/three or it may have been a flash in the pan. I’m still surprised we bid for him it maybe it was just to show the world we had Β£40min the bank to spend….who knows….I think we dodged a bullet.

I wondered whether Ramsey meant the jinky goal against Norwich at Emirates rather than that volley.

Also like LB I loved his first goal tonight, a very relaxed finish.

191. arnie says:

GiE. Agreed. BTW, I agreed with your comment from yesterday as well, even if I thought it was a pretty fine rant! πŸ™‚

About the first goal, I am a bit undecided. If there was anyone else in the box, would Rambo have tried to pass and then Campbell or whoever else tried to walk it into the goal? I would like the good guys to shoot a bit more eagerly from the box.

192. arnie says:

Probably going to invite brickbats. Nevertheless, cannot resist the temptation to post this nice documentary. Even if some people skim through a bit of this, it is worthwhile. πŸ™‚

193. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    Sorry but i have to make this short as i have to be off for work, but i just wanted to pass a comment before the mad rush starts.

Aaron Ramsey has had a shit spell, in fact i would have benched him had i been Manager, his form last season was a purple patch where he could do no wrong, players have spells like that but they seldom carry on, as it is very spasmodic.

Now i dont like to slag players off, Aaron got injured and was out for a while, when he came back he was woeful, and has been for months. Last night Aaron when asked about his wonder strike straight after the game said i still think my best goal was against Norwich.

Aaron said that and i believe he meant it, but after seeing a replay and listening to pundits praising the skill it took to creat it he changed his mind. Now i believe what actually happened is that Our Aaron saw the ball dropping and had no time to think, he just lashed out, usually they end up in row z but last night he hit an absolute peach, when he turned away he didn;t really know what he had done and his mind was awash but the excitement of his team mates made him realise it was a special goal.

Aaron may hit a purple patch again where all he does turns out good in fact i hope it does, but if i speak the truth i think it was a flash in the pan, but i certainly hope i am wrong. have a good day all.

Steve

Fair points. We all know what Aaron can do, and he can be a sensational player, but he needs form and confidence, as well as some freedom and space. Yesterday it all came together.

Where he, and a number of our midfielders like Jack struggle, is when the midfield is congested and they are pressed hard.

Anyway, toodle pip

195. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

The thing I like about Aaron’s strike was it wasn’t a lash, Pods first was….both feet off the floor (best way to get power), and when you strike a ball like that you don’t really know where it’ll end up which is why the keepers don’t either, an old Brentford coach (now youth academy boss at Chavs) spent a whole season coaching players to power shots and told them to aim for my and the other keepers shins. Theory being if you mishit it it goes in the top corner, whereas if you try and power a shot for the top corner it goes in row a when you mishit it.

Anyway back to Rambos strike, even though his body was at a strange angle he still managed the head-knee-ball technique which is why it flew in without flying into row z, a really beautiful strike.

196. Wey hey…….. a super win last night but lets not take our knickers off and swing them about yet, still a long way to go πŸ™‚

197. Morning Gunsters

I’m hoping Monaco… I will probably get to that game if we get them in the 16, only just over three hours away from me. πŸ™‚

198. That’s my Rack of the Day done…. leave the rest up to Chassmutmeister πŸ™‚

199. Is there anybody there?

200. ah Raddys’ here then:

201. Don’t worry, being a Gemini I’ve always got someone to talk to πŸ™‚

I really enjoyed our 4th. To see Podolski working so hard in the 92nd minute shows how important it is to him to get back into the first team.

203. See, I knew the spirit of Big Raddy was there, πŸ™‚

204. Will Podolskis performance last night be enough for Wenger to start giving him more games, this is the big question.

Horrible day here. Rain, cold and vicious gusts of wind, and I have to spend the day outside. Just want to stay in and watch the cricket 😦

NB. I doubt it . AW is a stubborn sod – Pod was in the shop window and those two goals will look brilliant on his show-reel

207. Yes Raddy, AW is…. but we know what will happen, sell Poldi in January and then Sanchez will be injured and out till the end of the season πŸ™‚

208. arnie says:

motning all.
    warm glow. πŸ™‚

209. Arnie

You’re in a state of tumescence then this morning?

What a sexually fascinating performance that was

Pods first strike, a vicious hammer blow. So simple, but ruthlessly dealt. Clothes ripped off, no warm up required. Bit premature? Who cares, its my satisfaction that matters

Then some tender foreplay as Ramsey strokes and caresses his ball in. Surely our female fans enjoyed that. I found it a bit boring, but sometimes one must feign sensitivity.

Wow, the earth moved and my whole body shuddered at Ramseys 2nd. My feelings for the recipient Turkish goalie? None.

Then after 45 minutes, I realised Pod wasnt knackered and went again. Wonderful, ime lucky to get the first goal these days never mind go again.The Turkish goalie looked a bit weary when that one went in. I wonder if he was a good lad and made Pod a nice cup of tea after?

In my world warm glow = post-tumescence

212. arnie says:

NorthBnak. πŸ™‚

Raddy. Yes, post-tumescence. State of tumescence somewhat uncomfortable until released. πŸ˜›

Terry. I bet you slept well

Like a baby Raddy

I was thrilled for Arsene. He watched the whole thing.

215. arnie says:

Terry. πŸ™‚

Morning all, we will rejoice in the Ramsey goal all season. As the pundits have said, I doubt there’ll be a better goal in the CL this season.

I thought Merson saying he’d never seen a goal like that was a bit strange?

I reckon the look on Sanogos face was because he hadn’t seen Ramsey strike the ball. The last thing he saw was the ball being cleared out of the box and suddenly it had whizzed past his ear into the top corner, I’m not sure he even knew who had kicked it πŸ˜›

silly men with silly reactions.

I cried after Aaron’s second, so overwhelmed with joy that the only sensible thing to do was to shed a tear or two πŸ™‚ I love that boy, he has a very special place in my heart

His first was a step too far for my liking, was sure he was going to miss, second didn’t even give me a chance to think, what a bolt

Sadly I had to watch a dodgy stream as the telly was occupied by rubbish from Pool. I didn’t realise that Gerrard is 34! Why is he not retired?

Terry – what do you mean, Arsene watched you in bed??

219. Oh dear Eddie

You just know what Transplant is gonna say now, don’t you? πŸ™‚

Did anyone offer to write a post for today?

evonne, Arsene is a voyeur of a lovely disposition.

Moronio is a despicable runt. Why would anyone want to watch him? His lovemaking skills are akin to a solicitor having a pub brawl

222. arnie says:

where is our resident “realist”?

223. ha ha Very subdued from the hair man πŸ™‚ I was expecting more detail

224. Arnie, if you mean Kelsey, then perhaps it’s not possible for him to introduce enough doom into a match analysis, or……….. he is still struggling to put his new dentures in this morning πŸ™‚

Thats for Gunnersorearse only 69. hahaha

226. Yea I know transplant, you wouldn’t believe what Chas has posted there this morning, it makes me wonder what type of website he usually visits πŸ™‚

227. Whilst Transplant was being voyeused by Wenger, he left his syrup behind:

228. Oh my God………. Ramsey

229. Can’t believe that there is no one to do a match report….. Peaches, just post a video of Rambos second goal and write: Discuss.

230. That’s it, I’m done, need to shave, shower and have a bowel movement, then I’ve got things to do, people to see and wine to drink πŸ™‚ Be back later girls

231. fatgingergooner says:

We’ve all seen players smash in goals like that before, but I’ve not seen many do it with their weaker foot. I think that’s probably what Merse was getting at. The technique for his weaker foot was unbelievable.

Loved the Ox in that CM role yesterday. People talk about JW driving at defences and passing the ball last minute, but I think Ox is going to be better at it as he has more pace and more power. His run and pass for Ramseys first is a perfect demonstration.

232. Peaches/Rasp, possibility e mailed.

233. On it …………… thanks NG

234. We have a New Post …………………….