Arsenal don’t plan to fail – we fail to plan

I couldn’t get a stream to watch the game and so had to follow via BBC sport and blogsites – therefore I cannot comment on the specifics of the performance.

There are reports of poor refereeing, of Stoke getting away with wrestling our players to the ground, of us being outmuscled and of Arsenal getting soft yellows and a red whilst Stoke indulged in orchestrated rotational fouling that went largely unpunished …….. No s**t Sherlock!

If we don’t know what to expect from a game against Stoke by now then we may as well give up and try another sport. We play in the English Premier League, this type of ‘battling game’ is what makes it popular worldwide.

Arsene has to stop trying to be King Canute in domestic games, employ a bit of pragmatism and build a team that can stand up to the Stokes of this world.

As Rocky observed last night, the foundations of yesterday’s embarrassing defeat were laid when we failed to bring in defensive reinforcements in the summer and then failed to prepare a team for Stoke’s all too predictable onslaught yesterday.

Rasp

9 Responses to Arsenal don’t plan to fail – we fail to plan

1. North Bank Lew says:

I DID watch the match…..consider yourself lucky you didn’t ! By the way, I know it doesn’t make for great reading, but can someone update the tables to the right….ta !

I update the tables NB, I’m waiting for chas to confirm the figure for assists and then it will be done. I’m a rarity on here – I work for a living and I’m currently at work today so it won’t happen until this evening 😛

Assists update sent last night

4. Malaysian gunner says:

I think Wenger has to be blamed and fired before Arsenal will challenge.

Thanks chas 😛

6. Chris says:

Chambers was terrible for the 1st goal, Ramsey is becoming a passenger and Cazorla is no more than a squad player despite all his talent. Wenger has doone exceptional things during his reign but selling Vermaelen and not replacing him is gross misconduct. I dont really know what Gazidis does and should be sacked immediately. How on transfer deadline day we did not buy a defensive midfielder and only brought in a player who can only be described as pretty decent is unfathomable. Welbeck was a squad player at best for utd. Now the money is there to spend these are not the type of signings we should be making. I think all Arsenal fans would like an explanation for why no centre back and defensive midfielder were bought in the summer….it is the least the fans deserve for all the money we spend. Going to the Emirates is at lease a £75 day out. We deserve answers.

7. wally says: