Stoke

Look at the back page of yesterday’s Sun. Irresponsible, rabble-rousing and quite frankly hugely depressing evidence of stupidity of both the Sun and the Orcs.

_79525087_thesun

If there is any truth in this foul discourse from the miscreant Shawcross then he has to be hit with a disrepute charge. It is rabble rousing at it’s worst and sets the agenda for the game.

Is there anywhere else on earth where the perpetrator becomes the victim? It makes my blood boil – which is exactly what the Sun is promoting ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

As to the football – it becomes secondary; what will be the MotD focus? A lovely pass from Alexis or a vicious foul by an Orc or god forbid, one of our upstanding gentleman?

On the site this morning (amongst all the marvellous music and banter) someone said they would be happy to escape with a point and no injuries. I agree. Over and above the physical demands of playing the biggest team in world football in their own stinking cesspit we are up against a team who are playing well. Stoke were very unfortunate at Old Trafford where only a wonder save and an open-goal miss stopped them taking the points (can anyone who doesn’t believe in luck explain MU’s eternal good fortune?) and should have won at Anfield.

They have injuries, – so do we. We have intelligent, fast midfielders and forwards – they have Orcs moulded in factories in Kazakstan. They have a manager whose idea of a book is a yellow piece of cardboard – ours has the complete works of Proust in his office.

We have won only one of our last eight games at Stoke.

Onto other stuff. What do people eat in Stoke? My first thoughts ran along the lines of Orcs don’t need to eat but further research shows that even Devilspawn have to feed! ย And to fill their flabby, white, ugly faces they turn to cholesterol fuelled foods ย – Triple Big Macs and double fries, cream-filled doughnuts, twice-fried fish, ย stray-dog curries, and the Orc favourite, Shawcross Pie (minced offal in suet). Washed down by a quart of Devil’s scrumpy.

images

Football is tribal, it is what I love about it. Even when watching games in the park I pick a side ย – I bet you do as well. It is us against them but above all else it is a Sport. and sport must be played within the realms of “sporting conduct”. When imbeciles like Sun writers and Shawcross reduce our sport to the level in yesterday’s back page are allowed to go unpunished is further evidence that the sport I have loved all my life is being destroyed by money, greed and stupidity.

Rant Just Starting

COYRRG

written by Big Raddy

220 Responses to Stoke

1. ndboy says:

First then?

2. ndboy says:

Hoping we come away with 3pts today oh and no injuries please.

3. stevepalmer1 says:

What a great read, fired up blimey you sure are, sounds like a southern boy with a bit of fire to me, I like to think all supporters whether you are from the north or the south have a sporting thing about them, Teams who play a bit of attractive football will always be well thought of, as the game of football is all about players and skill’s, and i like to think that all supporters like to see good play.

Yes of course there is rivalry, yes of course you want to see your team win, but many’s the time i have watched the Arsenal, and have seen rivals outplay us and i have watched some lovely moves from some talented players and then they score.

Gutting of course it is and i can assure you there is no worse a loser than me, but i still love good football whoever it is, and i appreciate it.

Stoke i must admit do not stand that tall in my estimation, but having said that, a story in the sun a day before we play them just tells me that someone is on the wind up, and i am not going to allow myself views before a ball is kicked.

Stoke like any other team can beat us on the day, they have the home advantage many fans who may or may not be swayed by a shit paper story, but myself personally will wait until after the game before i make my mind up and i suggest many who may be fired up to do the same. COYRRG’s

Reading that through I realise the need to take a writing course. Some of the sentence construction is woeful ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

a fine write up Raddy.

No doubt a daunting game today,especially as there are doubts about a number of players.

Hopefully we can keep the ball on the ground for the majority of time,Stoke having one of the tallest defences in the league.

We aren’t on a bad run, yet still not firing on all cylinders,and the last thing we need are more injuries against this extremely physical side,though not as much as under Pulis.

6. ‘morning all, Never mind the syntax Raddy, the sentiment is there.

Anybody willing to bet that the first foul is not on Alexis?

Toda’s referee is Anthony Taylor, where does he come from? Cheshire. Where’s that? Oop Noorth, of course

7. Right, the sky is blue, the sun is shining and there are still leaves to be cleared in the garden.

Back later.

8. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

F Nooooooo! NG you have just depressed me greatly…..Anthony Taylor is one of the worst officials in the PL, there is something weird that the best referees get the glamour ties (you know the ones on TV to minimise chances of incompetence being seen by all and sundry.) but in reality it is games like today that need good officiating, one to make sure players are aware they won’t get away with it and second to punish those that go over the line immediately, for that strong refs are needed not bloody Taylor!

I got very p’d off with Robbie Savage saying Santi should have been sent off for his “tackle” on Tadic, yet Rio and Owen were saying no. Obviously Savage would love for us to be shown to be as dirty as everyone else. Santi’s tackle didn’t look nice but anyone with an Ounce of football brain could see that Tadic put his leg in a strange place wimping out of the tackle, Santi’s intent was to get the ball with his right foot Andrew left foot was going down for stability only.

But some pundits and definitely the tabloid hacks prefer the PL to be blood and thunder.

Very interesting interview with Joe Royle on TS this morning, asking about Managers influence from the touch line, his opinion very little, but the fans like it, his words precisely were “it’s part of the theatre”.

9. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

Btw fine bloody prematch Raddy, love to see a bit more intent in our forward play today.

Thanks Raddy,
    “They have a manager whose idea of a book is a yellow piece of cardboard โ€“ ours has the complete works of Proust in his office.” excellent ๐Ÿ˜›

I want to see us take the game to them today (whilst remaining solid defensively). I want us to shrug off the reputation of being lightweight and chase them down and press and harry them – but allow them possession to create space we can exploit.

11. chas mobile says:

What a fecking belter, BR.
    Couldn’t agree more.
    Got me reet fired up it has.

Ah, just reading back through yesterday’s comments and it seems Arnie deserves some credit for today’s post, too.

Also I like the way I get accused of mood swings and liking Reg Dwight, yet everyone agreed with the bollix I spouted in the subsequent comments. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers Raddy, brilliant

I dont like Stoke or there fans.

About 15 years ago, before the latest bad blood between the clubs, i had the misfortune of working with one. A big oaf who laughed at his own farts.

He hated Arsenal because of the early seventies semi finals and the the thought of Peter Storey makes him ill. Thats what probably started his flatulence.

Though i told him my origins were Greek, he kept accusing me of been an Eytie, kept eating pasta in front me and asking how I drive when my only gear is reverse.

The thing about the bastard though was he was really smart and excellent at his work.

Theres nothing new about Gene tests, they have been around for years. We were offered a combination Gene and IQ test at work so i decided to stitch him up by swapping mine with his.

His results read, low to middle inteligence and certain to go bald. Also unlikely to make 50 due to inherited Anal Fisures.

I was so happy I started jumping up and down in excitement and then within seconds thought “F*uck Noooo”. hahaha

Come On You Rip Roaring Gunners

Micky
    I absolutely love you pasting a link to a photo on your own machine and expecting us to be able to see it. ๐Ÿ˜†

15. murtala says:

Arsenal they gonna loose today match against stoke ins ha Allah

For older posters.This hatred of Stoke against Arsenal started when we beat them in two consecutive Cup Semi Finals, the first when we were 2-0 down, they had Gordon Banks in Goal and Peter Storey scored both our goals,the second being a penalty.

Those games robbed Stoke of their first ever Cup Final appearance.

I say long may it continue.

My hatred of Stoke started in black and white when they put 5 past us with goals from Terry Conroy (1969)

28. I’m watching the 2nd half of the Newcastle Chelsea game, must admit Newcastle are playing some good football…. and have just gone 1-0 up

I fucking hate Stoke, used to hate going to away games to that town as well.

NB. On a stream?

I remember that 5-0, just couldn’t believe it.

Conroy goal at 53 seconds

In the double season as well!

32. Yes Raddy

But Chavs really putting the pressure on now still 1-0

chas. Season before the double I think

34. arnie says:

brilliant, Raddy. ha ha ha. ๐Ÿ™‚ War it is, and so be it then. We are showing some resilience. This is a big test. we will come out in flying colours.

Order of the day. Score one relatively early, and then self-preservation. COYG. ๐Ÿ™‚

35. arnie says:

the reminder of the 1969 game makes me feel young. ๐Ÿ˜† that is my vintage. ๐Ÿ˜›

36. Brilliant break from Newcastle 2-0… looks like Chavs won’t be invincible this season ha ha

37. arnie says:

2-0 now. ha ha ha ha. ๐Ÿ™‚

38. Fucking typical, Newcastle go 2-0 up, then one minute later ref red cards a Newcastle player, come on Newcastle

39. arnie says:

2-1. and red card against Newcastle. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

40. arnie says:

Stoke make three changes with central defender Marc Muniesa, forwards Jonathan Walters and Peter Crouch in the starting XI.

Arsenal make three changes as well, with teenager Hector Bellerin coming in at right-back, Kieran Gibbs filling in at left-back for Nacho Monreal and Olivier Giroud starting in attack. Danny Welbeck drops to the bench where he is joined by Laurent Koscielny, with Calum Chambers moving to centre-back.

Stoke XI: Begovic, Bardsley, Shawcross, Muniesa, Pieters, Nzonzi, Cameron, Diouf, Bojan, Walters, Crouch.

Arsenal XI: Martinez, Bellerin, Chambers, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Flamini, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alexis, Cazorla, Giroud

The site has gone funny on my machine.
    It no longer says who has made each comment.
    Weird.

42. arnie says:

surely, you can guess, Chas. ๐Ÿ™‚

chas. As the man in the orthopaedic boots said – I stand corrected

44. arnie says:

Chavs beaten. ha ha ha ha. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

45. Our Invincible legend is intact ha ha

46. Roll Call:

Who’s gonna be on the AA sofa for the match?

47. arnie says:

me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy Invincibles Day!!!

49. arnie says:

on other sporting news Ronnie trailing Bingham 1-4.

50. arnie says:

Rocky. ๐Ÿ˜†

I will be there or thereabouts.

The Chavs were Invincible for a third of the season. Let’s see if they can equal GG’s record of just one defeat.

Happy Invincibles Day

Thanks Raddy.Will read later
    Chelsea. Good.
    Love the team

54. arnie says:

55. arnie says:

the dead have reverted to blabber. ๐Ÿ™‚

56. arnie says:

Oh feck off chas ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you Raddy! I get a distinct impression that you are not fond of Stoke ๐Ÿ˜‰ And silly Micky thought you might say something nice about them! Well done sir, not one positive thing about those b***s

I agree about everything else including dismal state of affairs in football. sadly everything comes down to money, football is not immune from the trend. Pity

But what is that I hear about Chavs? Have they really lost?? I am off to check, if they did I might have a glass of champagne to celebrate ๐Ÿ™‚ ok, I will make it lemonade like Luis Hamilton

they lost!!!! they really lost to the Magpies, marvellous ๐Ÿ™‚
    And only yesterday someone on the radio was banging on about them being unbeaten in all competitions for xyz games ๐Ÿ™‚ noooooo moooooore yeeepeee

Well, we have 89 minutes to come back

61. oh bugger, I was still searching a stream

That’s their one goal. Now for our 1.4!

Hmmmm not the best of starts ๐Ÿ˜ฆ we must not panic, the next goal is crucial

Maybe it’s Chambers who is in the red zone?

65. Well Micky

THat’s your Stoke 1.0 goal, we now need to get our 1.4

Terrible foul on Alexis and the foul given Stoke’s way. Shape up Taylor

What a miss!! OG,

That is 4 times Crouch has fouled Chambers. Why isn’t he booked?

69. Don’t think the ref in going to do us any favours

70. arnie says:

feck. this is looking bad now. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

71. Why oh why are we putting corners into their box when they haven’t got one single defender under six foot

72. Koscielny out and a shambles at the back. Far too easy for them to score 2 goals. Early goal has put them on the front foot and we havent recovered. Not looking good.

Arsene said he didn’t know what a plan B meant – well we need one now or at least to go up a gear or two

74. fatgingergooner says:

oh dear. dreadful half of football.

75. arnie says:

shambles. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

76. Plan B……….. at the moment we haven’t got a plan A

I guess there was no epiphany then ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

We are too easy to play against

79. I can’t see us coming back from this

Yuk

I agree north bank, probably not the best week in which to say we are going to win the league in the next three years

82. I might as well have another drink

Rasp This game has gone. Best to look forward ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

3rd choice GK, 3rd choice LB, rookie CB , 2nd choice RB. Is it any wonder the defence is shaky?

They look as though they have never played together which is probably the case

Equally as worrying is the lack of defensive cover from Ramsey and Flamini. Huff and puff as they may, they have been poor this half.

In fact there is only one Arsenal player who can be relatively happy with his performance – Alexis. The rest have been chasing shadows.

Had OG scored as easy a header as he will ever get then the game would be different. Instead he has been completely anonymous.

Our worst half for many a moon.

84. wally says:

bfg gone mia today

85. No Raddy

You’ve got that a bit wrong, Gibbs, 1st choice LB, Bellerin 3rd choice RB

86. BFG without Kos, not worth him being on the pitch

Raddy
    Fair points about a makeshift defence, but we don’t look like scoring or controlling the midfield either

88. fatgingergooner says:

Totally agree with all that BR, just a half to forget.

Now they need to come out and get some pride back, and you never know.

I’d like to see Welbeck on and play 4-4-2 with a midfield of Sanchez Flamini Cazorla Ox.

NB. See my 2.33.

I wouldn’t mind at least 1 goal Raddy to rescue some pride

91. You’ve got your orthopaedic boots on then ๐Ÿ™‚

Ha ha Rasp
    You don’t believe that

93. aizedlittlemozart says:

DAFUQ?!!!!!

94. At fucking last a yellow fro Crouch using his elbows….

On the positive side, at least there are goals in our game

96. Did Welbeck come on for Bellerin???

To have any chance against the Orcs you cannot give away cheap free kicks around our area yet we keep doing it.

NB. Yes. I don’t think Bellerin was our worst player by any means

99. oh in moderation

I’ll change my comment… the Ref is a Khant

100. Brilliant by Sanchez…. should have been

Alexis how is that possible?

102. Well that’s our clean sheet fucked

Piss poor keeping not helped by a lack of defensive cover but no way would TPIG have let that in.

Can I stay to the end of this torture?

Even with the players missing, are we really 4 goals worse than Stoke?

105. Could it be possible…. could we????

Ha, livescore had us down as losing 4 nil and now it’s 3:1

Rasp
    The defensive side of our midfield is non existent, and Arteta would not have made this much difference. I was staggered to learn a few minutes ago that Flamini was even playing.

Even so Micky, it’s 3:2 – dare we believe?

The problems have been mainly on the midfield all season n

110. Now we need that Wenger famous mental strength and character…. Arsenal Arsenal

Get in. We have a game!!!

Typical. My stream dies and get some dodgy Russian job during which time we scored twice. Who scored?

And I thought it was 4-0 as my stream died before the offside decision was given.

Now stream less and relying on the Beeb and you guys to keep me involved

113. It’s a game like this where we need a Tony Adams

114. Fucking Red card…. fucking ref is against us

Got a stream,

Slight tug on the shirt when not the last player deserves a 2nd yellow?

GIE called it. Taylor is an awful referee

116. Who hjave we got in defence, Mert, Gibbs and Flamini… ha ha ha this is great, we can still win

Ha ha ditto Raddy
    Stream broke at 4-0 ๐Ÿ™‚

118. That was a fucking rugby tackle and all he got was a yellow

119. Officials are defo against us

120. 5 minutse added COYG get a point

Come on Arsenal
    Shut these orks up

122. Incredible game…. I actually enjoyed that…. apart from some of the officials decisions

Chas, can you let me have your updated assists when you get time pls ๐Ÿ™‚

Well, we regained some pride, won the second half 2-0.

Great to see Ramsey on the score sheet and Cazorla (what would have been the odds on those two scoring?)

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mr Wenger didn’t report Taylor. Some of his decisions were baffling and almost all went with the home side.

126. Poor start cost us. If you are struggling and go a goal down early then make sure you are solid for the rest of the half. You cant afford to go 3-0 down. We were always going to have a good spell, so just get in at half time no more than 2 down and rebuild.

Great effort 2nd half though and at least showed some pride. Players owe the manager big time for that first half performance. Wenger put out the only the defensive players we have and they didnt step up at all. You can argue that Wenger buys the players etc, but that doesnt mean they have to play as s*** as they did in that first 45.

127. We played the last ten minutes with Per as our only defender

128. gabe says:

Yep the ref definitely pulled a fast one unlucky also I hate stoke watch the vultures blame Arsene too

129. fatgingergooner says:

Do we lose that game with Koscielny in the team? I don’t think so.

The whole season so far has shown he’s our most valuable player.

Giroud cost us the game. He should be confined to his room and have his pocket money stopped.

131. fatgingergooner says:

The knives will be out for Wenger tonight, but the funny thing is that game just highlighted how much we are missing our injured players.

132. I think the boys are going to feel hard done by in that 2nd half….

133. Two chances that would have changed the whole game, Girouds missed header and Sanchez hitting the post. First half we didn’t turn up… second half played with spirit and deserved a point

134. One mistake cost us this game and has cost us points all season long. Wenger’s failure to buy an experienced central defender in the last transfer window.

Just watch him whine about injuries, World Cup weariness and poor refereeing descions. I guarantee he will make no mention of his failure to strengthen our threadbare defense.

135. No! FGG, it highlights just how weak, defensively, our squad is.

136. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: “There’s a lot of regret, we had given a lot. We showed great energy levels and a a great response. The spirit of the team was fantastic. Defensively we missed start of game. We gave easy goals away. We were not decisive in challenges. Once we were 3-0 down, we had a mountain to climb. We did climb, but a bit unlucky I must say.
    “What goes through the mind at half-time? Everybody is down so you have to pump the team up and make decisions to change what can be changed. It’s frustrating to see them lose. There were a lot of positives – defensively we were not strong enough.”

NG. That is true but we only need to score more than we concede and today we should have done.

We need to see Debuchy, TPIG and Koscielny back in the line up a”s.a.p.

138. arnie says:

Yes, agreed, if only Giro would have conceded two less goals, we would have won the game. ๐Ÿ™‚

139. arnie says:

poor Martinez is going to face a lot of bile. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Anyway, my opinion is that a shocking defence cost us the game. On the positives, at least we showed we are able to score twice against the likes of the Orcs.

140. “The Art of Talking Bollocks”, a treatise by a respected French authority on the subject.

โ€œThereโ€™s a lot of regret”.

“The spirit of the team was fantastic”

“Defensively we missed start of game”.

“There were a lot of positives”

“Defensively we were not strong enough.โ€

141. arnie says:

Still, the pity is it is half the number of goals we need to score. hmmm.

142. fatgingergooner says:

NG,

Whilst I agree that we need to strengthen at the back, there were loads of teams looking for quality CB’s in the summer and not many found one. Barca paid ยฃ15m for one of ours and he won’t kick a ball this season.

Nothing can be done about any of that during the season anyway, so the issue we currently have is Kos and Debuchy being injured, not possible signings we should’ve made in the summer.

143. BR, “we only need to score more than we concede” Conversely, if we conceded just one less than we scored…

144. Anyone want to join me ๐Ÿ™‚

NG. Ying/Yang

My football philosophy is more Keegan than Graham๐Ÿ˜•

146. FGG,

Football managers are paid to anticipate problems.

During the summer we let three experienced defenders leave. The manager knew his World Cup players would need an extended holiday.

We signed Debuchy to replace Sagna, we signed Chambers to replace Jenkinson as back-up to Debuchy, we did not replace Vermaelen who had been injured for most of the season.

We have had to play two full-backs as centre-backs and a completely green lad at full-back (Bellerin).

I’m not convinced that we made any serious attempt to sign a central defender in the summer, I’m sure there must have been at least one in the known world who could have done a job for us. But I suspect we only looked at young “prospects”.

NB I started a couple of hours ago

148. BR, and just what did Keegan win as a manager?

149. I’m on my way NB, I’ve got a couple of dozen bottles of various beers in the garage, the smell of curry is wafting in from the kitchen, so b******s to football, at least until the next time. ๐Ÿ˜€

150. Raddy, I take it then that you’ve stopped the medication ๐Ÿ™‚

That’s the spirit NG

I actually don’t feel too bad about the game, perhaps the alcohol has numbed my disappointment ๐Ÿ™‚

151. fatgingergooner says:

NG,

It’s a discussion that’s been had a million times. Nobody knows the inside workings of our transfer dealings so it’s pointless speculating who we did/didn’t try to buy.

You seem unhappy with Wenger so therefore today’s result is a tool to say he shouldve bought a CB.

I’m ok with Wenger and therefore I blame injuries and poor defending for the result.

Either way, we both agree it was a terrible first half due to very poor defending. I think we also agree we need a CB ASAP.

I’d like to see us rest players against Gala and come back with a solid run of results over Xmas with a proper back 4 in place. Then we will see what happens in the window. Fingers crossed for a CB! ๐Ÿ™‚

Was that our first penalty since Feb?

153. Chambers suspended till 21st Dec…. will miss the Newcastle and Liverpool games

154. That’s it, Saturday night and I’m going out on the piss….. verty unusual for me to do that ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a good evening ladies

155. RC78 says:

Who said that Bellerin was promising again? He just does not have it…Most upsetting though were the performance of Metersacker and Gibbs…

Here are my grades:
    Martinez – 3
    Bellerin – 2
    Chambers – 4
    Metersacker – 3
    Gibbs – 4
    Flamini – 5
    Ramsey – 4
    Cazorla – 3
    Ox – 5
    Giroud – 4
    Sanchez – 5
    Wellbeck – 6
    Podolski – 4
    Campbell – no grade, too late of an introduction

Players that we cannot afford to have infjured:

PiG – Debuchy, Kos, Gibbs – Arteta – Rambo, Ox – Walcott – Giroud – Sanchez

These are the ones we can t afford to have injured because we don t have quality to replace them…

I hope Wenger goes and buys a RB (Lichtensteiner, Coleman?), a CB (Garay?), a LB (De Sciglio?) and A DM (Bender, Khedira, Schnederlin?). For the rest, we are more than covered up.

PiG – Lichtensteiner, Garay, Kos, Gibbs – Ox, Bender, Ramsey – Walcott, Giroud or Wellbeck, Sanchez

Ospina – Debuchy, Chambers, BFG, De Sciglio – Wilshere, Flamini, Arteta – Cazorla, Wellbeck or Giroud, Campbell

+ Martinez, Zelalem, Rosicky or Diaby, Gnabry, Sanogo

It was an embarrassing defeat and first half and I hope that AW will always play Ox in the middle of the park and always play Flamini ahead of Bellerin at RB.

We have RB cover in Jenks and I cannot see us buying 4 players in Jan.

Loanees?

157. RC78 says:

BR – I agree with u. If we get two, it would be good already. For 45 Mln EUR, you get Bender + Garay…

158. fatgingergooner says:

RC78,

I like a lot of what you write, even if some of the transfers are fantasy! But to say Bellerin doesn’t have it on the back of a couple of games is ridiculous.

He may not turn out to be Cafu, but at least give him a bloody chance.

Ok Lads

I have given this much thought and decided what I’d do if I was the Boss on the basis of that first half performance.

First thing in the morning I’d flog Giroud, Ramsey and Flamini. Ok, that didn’t require thinking about, but this bit did.

To Hartlepool United who are bottom of the 4th Division.

There, I feel so much better already ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh and last thing ๐Ÿ™‚

Arsene would be in my office first thing on Monday as well.

Very simple Arsene, I’m sure you’ve done your homework, so skip back to your office and bring me that word doc, excel file, or back of envelope I don’t care, but I want to see that list of 40 defensive midfielders who are better than we’ve had since Gilberto, and if you’re not back in three minutes, you too are going on the 9:36 to Hartlepool as well . Oh, and you are having nothing to do with deciding on their values. We’re offering obscene amounts of money starting at the top and working down.

Right, I think that’s everything off my chest ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ™‚ Micky, maybe it’s about time I started banging on about William Cafvalho ….. As I was before the season started ๐Ÿ˜•

162. RC78 says:

FGG – I know I am harsh on Bellerin as he has not been given many chances but everytime I see him, he scares me. His positional and tactical awareness are really off and his defending is poor. He has excellent ability to get forward and his crosses are decent but if he cannot defend, then we should use him more as a winger, not a FB…

Rasp
    The list is 40, and that’s being conservative. Maelstorm would be an upgrade ๐Ÿ™‚

Well, I watched the match knowing the score (as I was doing a charity run in a Santa hat at kick-off time ๐Ÿ™‚ ).

A few impressions:

Stoke had the outstanding player on the pitch in Bojan. A real joy to watch.

Although I don’t agree with RC78 in writing off Bellerin, he should definitely be nowhere near our first team at the moment. Watching him today you could see why AW has been so reluctant to use him this season. He needs a season on loan to see if he can cut it. Quite why we sent out the Corporal on loan is a mystery.

However, despite the fact that most people will slag off our defence, I thought the real problem in the first half was our attack. We were so poor at keeping the ball in attack that we allowed the Orcs to keep running at our defenders time and time again. Ollie was at his most frustrating today – he really needs to know when to try those flicks and dummies (namely, when our whole attack and midfield is on fire and full of movement and running) and when NOT to try them (away at Stoke). Also, the big French galoot needs to man up a bit and stop falling over at the slightest contact looking for a free kick.

Second half I thought we were lacklustre after getting to 3-2. We huffed and puffed but didn’t create too many real chances.

The ref was pretty terrible – the two yellows for Chambers were both very soft. Clearly the sending off was because he was worried he’d made a ricket by disallowing Stoke’s 4th “goal” and wanted to throw in a bit of a leveller. I don’t think he was biased, he just had the backbone of a jellyfish and every time the home fans howled he blew his whistle.

Bardsley must have committed 10 or 12 fouls including many short pulls – I’m not sure he was even booked.

Overall, we salvaged a bit of pride but it’s still a poor result. I tend to agree with NG that our biggest mistakes were made in the transfer window…

165. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all, I said in my morning comment that Stoke had the home advantage, and could beat us on the day, and so it proved. Of course it didn’t help that we have not won there for some considerable time, and i felt Stoke actually believed they could out muscle us as the surly did.

When looking to see where we went wrong, i don’t think you have to look further than the injury list to see where our weaknesses are. Many supporters are claiming that the manager is at fault because he didn’t buy more players in the transfer window, maybe there is a bit of credibility there, but i feel that when we look at who was not available, the transfer window is grasping at straws,

Many are now saying that Martinez was at fault and they now want TPIG back between the sticks , Personally i felt Martinez made one mistake all afternoon, when a fierce swerving shot went straight at him, it hit his mid drift and he struggled to grasp it but a goal never resulted. His cover let him down on all their goals and in my opinion he wasn’t at fault for any of them.

Koshielney Debuchy Arteta Wilshere Walcott Diaby Ozil Szezesney Ospina Monreal all out injured, Hardly the managers fault, that all these players are all out at the same time.

We can all find reasons why we should have defended better, or why our forwards miss what looks like easy chances, but we all have to admit, that having the injuries we have would certainly stop any team from playing consistent football. I believe the best Manager in the world would struggle with an injury list the same as ours.

Many are moaning that Jenks was loaned out now that we need a right back, but that is nonsense as we brought in Chambers for Jenks which allowed Jenks to get the Premier league experience which we all said he needed. We also brought Debuchey who looked to be a fine replacement for Sagna but of course injury halted him.

Now you know as well as me, that Chambers was never intended to be used every game of the season, Belerin also was supposed to only be used in cup games, but again injuries to first team players has resulted in being forced to use learning players.

Ramsey as we can see, has had a lack of form since he came back from injury, Wenger could never had predicted that, and with Ozil out and Arteta as well we have been forced to suffer Ramsey’s form, its not as if we have Wilshere to bulk up the midfield as he has long term injury as well.

Wenger must have believed that Diaby would have been playing by now as he has had a complete season out, but his half a game resulted in him picking up another injury. By this time in the season any manager would have expected to have most of his players to pick from, but as we know our players are rolling over in every game, but that is not because Wenger never brought in the transfer window.

It is quite evident to me that Koshielney is a key player for us, when he is not in place BFG has nightmares and of course the depleted team always need a reshuffle where our players are asked to play cover positions. We can only buy certain amounts of players in any window most teams are the same, but of course most teams do not have our injury problems.

At the end of the day we wanted Marquee players top quality Talent. We all know the restrictions we have been under for quite some years, but now we are buying players, but as i said we can still only buy what’s available on the market..

Wenger has stated that he believes we can win the league in the next three years. Had all our players been available since the start of the season, we could have won it this year, No ones fault Just fate that’s all, some thing we have had problems with for some time, but don’t be mistaken, we have the players now to win the league and possibly the Champions league as well ,but the secret is getting them all fit and Playing.

Morning all

I am unable to give my analysis today, but having read all the comments there is enough meat in there to put together a post.

Still can’t find a sitar yellow submarine, which is annoying as I reckon it would kill two birds with one stone

Morning Chas

Only one bit of filth talk.

Rocky

“the big French galoot needs to man up a bit and stop falling over at the slightest contact ”
    He’s been like that since day one and is the reason I hate him so much. Nothing to do with the fact he can’t head, or is slow, it’s because he’s such a complete drip.

I cannot believe he continues to do it this season with Sanchez about. Surely he feels utterly pathetic in comparison. Hobbling about, grimacing, clutching his hands, fingers, knees and toes. Knees and toes ๐Ÿ™‚ (sorry, one for the dads and mums)

He is pathetic.

CHASSSSS

You’ve done it. That’s the worst thing I’ve ever heard in my life. Everything I hate all rolled into one. Mysticism, boys bands, the lot. It’s almost fabulous it’s so horrible ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey Crystals

No worries. A blind man can see what’s wrong, but just one thing, I thought you wrote your analysis on the Friday ๐Ÿ™‚

Come and join me for a doom at say 8:00. I’m not miserable at all, just time for some inner honesty ๐Ÿ™‚

Chas
    ha ha ha ha ha ha

On this day in 1996……

Steve

Been drinking all night again? ๐Ÿ™‚

“Had all our players been available since the start of the season, we could have won it this year, No ones fault Just fate thatโ€™s all, some thing we have had problems with for some time, but donโ€™t be mistaken, we have the players now to win the league and possibly the Champions league ”

This is very unlike you. Next you’ll be joining our elite troop that blame the refs, the media and luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Crikey

7:15. I reckon NB may have gone over quota yesterday ๐Ÿ™‚

Next question, will Eddie show up?

178. Does this make you angry, because it makes me fucking very angry. How he didn’t get a red for this but Chambers got two very soft yellows. Just makes me wonder. Was this an attempt to get bthe ball? Was it even football?

179. Morning all from Mr Angry of Avignon ๐Ÿ™‚

180. That video of the thug Adam needs to go viral… the FA can make a retrospective charge because the referee didn’t make a booking.

Looks like a battle of wills coming up when my son emerges.
    Me: it’s raining, miserable and looks rubbish, let’s light a fire
    Him: come on Dad, don’t come over all Griooo, let’s go

182. Can anyone find some footage of where the ref was in relation to that foul to see if he saw it?

Ah NB

Agree. What makes me really angry is that Adam does that knowing how he’s protected. In a street fight, Sanchez would tear him to shreds. Bloody great oaf is what he is.

184. Great Sitar music Chas….. Arnie will love it ๐Ÿ™‚

185. Micky

I’m a bit slow this morning… for obvious reasons, your 7:15 is on the button ๐Ÿ™‚

Could steve’s comment have been ironic? I agreed with almost all of it ๐Ÿ™‚

Beatles. Sitar. Gong-baths. What could be better on a peaceful sunday morning

Ha ha NB

When you posted your “I quite enjoyed that” immediately after the game, firstly I “eh’d?” then I did my sums.

Our man starts at 8am. Ends midnight. 5pm is a little over half way. He’s done almost three bottles.

Clouded is what his judgement could be ๐Ÿ™‚

Micky. ๐Ÿ˜€ And given the k.o. time NB didn’t have time for his late afternoon siesta.

Given the lazy French lunch times … 12.30 – 15.30 (to allow for 6 courses, a bottle or two of wine, a pernod and a jug of awful french coffee.

He gets home just in time to find a stream and is pie-eyed!

chas’s post of 6.17 is disturbing.

Given kelsey’s abrogation of his responsibilities can I suggest we take steve’s comment as today’s post?

Steve P- Is that OK? I will give you until 09.30 GMT to refuse.

191. Raddy@ 8:13 ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m still pissed and topping up with breakfast, but I’ve still managed to write my blog post report……………. I think I have anyway. Will see at 9am. I’ll post a link.

Raddy

Steve’s might be better than my “fire the bloody lot of them” ๐Ÿ™‚

193. Micky@8:07 ๐Ÿ™‚

Better for my judgement to be clouded than my wine ๐Ÿ™‚

194. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning guys,
    That’s fine by me, but i will be going fishing today and may not be able to comment that much, But i will certainly look in. Don’t think you lot would need me anyway ๐Ÿ™‚

195. I’ve got a new post on GunnersoreArse if you want a read before the AA staff get their act together:

196. arnie says:

motning all. nice batner.

Peace.

197. arnie says:

and war.

Very funny, NB. My first comment on your site, and you were waiting for me, weren’t you, with a massive “moderation for you Didit banner” ๐Ÿ™‚

199. ha ha I was Micky and it was a privilege to let you out of moderation ๐Ÿ™‚

Morning all. Raddy, peaches and I are both stricken with colds/flu at the moment. Could you sort Steve’s post out for us today please ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

201. ha ha ha You just can’t get the staff these days ๐Ÿ™‚

OK, I’ll do it myself ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

….. There’s anew rant/post …. written in a blur, whilst at work!

OK, I see Raddy has published Steve’s post so I have deleted mine and added it to the bottom of Steve’s.

Rasp. I have done it !!!