Arsenal’s next captain?

A lot has been said and written recently about Arsenal’s next manager despite the fact that Arsene Wenger’s contract does not expire for 2 more years. On the other hand nobody seems to be worried about the fact that our current captain’s contract ends this summer and given Arteta’s age it is unlikely that he will be offered a new deal.

So why isn’t anybody even slightly bothered? Is it because the role of the captaincy has been diminished to the point that they only act as a go between the team and the referees on match days? Long gone are the days when a captain was an inspirational figure, rather than merely performing ceremonial duties. And often not even that – our previous captain Thomas Vermaelen who by default should be at the very heart of the team, instead sat on the bench when the team fought for the long awaited trophy last season.

We all had a good laugh at the despicable John Terry dressing up for trophy presentations or at pikey Roy Keane and simple minded Stevie Me, but correct me if I am wrong those 3 are true captains representing their team, taking responsibility on the pitch and leading others by example.

Looking back at our greatest captains, I wonder how much influence did they have on the team, the way we played and behaved? Eddie Hapgood led his team to 3 league and 2 FA cup wins. Joe Mercer delivered 2 League and one FA cup trophies. Frank McLintock 3 cups including European Fairs Cup in 1970 and finally the Great Tony Adams with 9 trophies in 3 competitions!!

None of us need reminding that we sold 5 of our captains in the last 8 years and we only won 1 trophy in those years. The same players, except for Patrick Vieira, were talismatic  characters rather than true leaders. It might be even true that Thiery Henry, Cesc Fabregas and van Persie were only offered the armband in an attempt to stop them from defecting. Who knows?

Was PV4 our last great true skipper? Are our current problems spinning directly from the lack of true leader amongst the players?

Written by Eddie

179 Responses to Arsenal’s next captain?

1. arnie says:

ha ha ha. An Eddie post. what a pleasure! and what a marvelous post as well! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Spot on. “Is it because the role of the captaincy has been diminished to the point that they only act as a go between the team and the referees on match days?” No, IMO.

“Are our current problems spinning directly from the lack of true leader amongst the players?” Almost correct, IMO. I would replace the “directly” with “indirectly”. Yes, I am a picky barsteward! 😛

So, what/ where is the solution? Nobody knows, not even Wenger. If they did, we would not be peddling armbands like soiled underpants, would we?

hmmm. In the long run, Theo is an option. If he returns to form later this season, maybe even next year. A leader can be anywhere on the pitch IMO.

Let me think a bit. Back laters. 🙂

2. arnie says:

FIRST, and SECOND, ha ha ha. Where is Aized? 😛

3. RC78 says:

– PV4 was the last true great captain for sure…
    – For our new captain once Arteta is out, I think that we have a few stand outs who could fill these boots:
    —> PiG, Kos, Ox, Sanchez, Walcott and Giroud

– Why?
    First of all, they are consistant in their performance so they can lead by example
    Second of all, they do have quite some credit with AW, the team and the fans
    Third of all, they are all hungry for victory and have a die-hard attitude (maybe Walcott needs to be more vocal), which is appreciable

Here are my 5 suggestions. My personal favorite…I would like to see Ox as a captain because I love his attitude and he is English and I think he is one that can surpass himself if given the armband.

As for Rambo and Wilshere, I think they see it as a weight on their shouldgers…

4. mikesteeden says:

Alexis as captain – he’s passionate and that way we might keep him a while longer!

Eddie. What a well-written post. Hard to think English is your second language!!

Agree with everything. PV4 was our last real Cpt.

Call me a mackerel and slap me in butter but I would make TPIG our next Captain. Won’t happen but I see him as a player would grow into the role.

I expect Arteta to stay and remain captain even if he is not a regular starter. After him …. Per is the obvious choice.

Long term – probably Ramsey

6. wally says:

PV was the last, best captain we’ve had. He had the complete stature necessary for the position.

Wenger says Alexis is in the red zone and in danger of injury. But he’ll play him anyway! WTF?

And then why should we be surprised.

7. RC78 says:

I think that against Stoke, AS will not start…Giroud is back and Wellbeck is doing ok…Poldi or Campbell could also come in handy and start vs Stoke.

My team would be: Martinez – Chambs, BFG, Kos, Monreal (crap!) – OX, Flamini, Ramsey – Campbell, Giroud, Wellbeck

I would leave AS and Cazorla on the bench for this game and bring their pace and skills in later if we need it…

Come on Gunners!

8. Lovely post Eddie, many thanks.

Last great Captain? PV4 was good, but too much red mist and therefore too many red cards, so Tony Adams without a doubt. Followed closely by Frank MacLintock.

In all honesty I don’t think we have had what I would call a Captain (note the capital letter) since Vieira left, as Eddie so rightly says, the role has been downgraded to something largely ceremonial.

Surprisingly Flamini seems to project an image of the old fashioned Captain. Sleeves rolled up, all action, issuing orders left, right and centre, organising and getting stuck in.

I don’t like the idea of a ‘keeper or a striker as Captain. Ramsey needs to concentrate on his own game, Wilshire on his own fitness and role. Koscielny doesn’t strike me as vociferous enough, Merts and Arteta won’t be around much longer. Which as far as I can see leaves Callum Chambers.

9. RC78 says:

NG- Ox for captain?

Per for me. Although I think that Koscielny is a better defender, Per has the qualities of a leader, on and off the pitch

thank you for your comments!

11. arnie says:

very poor return so far to a pretty fantastic post. 😦 that is the feature of AA these days unfortunately. 😦

I agree PV4 has been the last proper leader. I do not in general believe in reservation/ quotas of any kind. However, given the constituency of our home and home-grown talent, I think our leaders should be from the home nations from the next change onwards to the foreseeable future.

With that in mind, and the idea that Chambers and The Ox are perhaps too young, and Rambo needs to focus on his own game, I think the ideal candidate is Theo.

12. RC78, I only ever see him on TV, it’s harder to judge players without seeing them in the flesh, seeing the whole of their game as you would if you were at the ground, but what I have seen doesn’t strike me as leadership quality. Don’t get me wrong, I think he is maturing into a fantastic player. I just hope we can keep him.

13. Peaches/Rasp, Post e mailed for Monday/Tuesday.

Interesting post, Eddie, ta.

I still think a captain should be either centre midfield or centre back, though Hapgood was a full back.

Bsr as captain was ridiculous (most despised him apart from his goals). I didn’t think much of Henry being given the job as well. This has lessened the role as you point out.

Jack seems the obvious choice to me but is he guaranteed a place in the team? Kos would be perfect if he wasn’t a reticent Frenchman who prefers to sit in the background.

I like the idea of having 11 captains on the pitch but life doesn’t work like that. You always need someone to motivate and grab the bullocks by the bullocks every now and then.

Eddie, what a treat. Thank you.

Really tough one. Right now, Per, hands down. He’s organisey, and after all wasn’t he who sorted the defence out post Spuds away defeat. Then, and I saw it again on Wednesday, he’s the one that always leads the team around the ground post final whistle to thank the fans.

For the future, my money is on Chambers. Jack has good DNA and the right spirit, and I believe Aaron has already said that he wouldn’t rule out moving to Real or Barca one day. So he’s a no. Don’t think Theo has got what it takes.

Ox? He’s the wild card.

Right, left you this morning to do a school run, and ditto right now. Returning shortly to set the weekend up.

Crikey, four o’clock, you know who will be just uncorking bottle three!

The post match interview given by Per (S’ton) was very impressive. He is clearly the on and off pitch captain when MA is absent.

Looks like we are in general agreement. The gummy-hals gets the armband.

Two things about Per

1. I can see him not being automatic first choice next season.
    2. His very uncaptain-like behaviour against the mancs.

against the mancs, what did he do? shirt swapping or hugging?
    And why would he not be first choice next season?
    Are you being deliberately argumentative and obstinate Gregory?

chas. 2 good points.

You have come up with reasons why most of our players will not be captains. Which chap should get the honour?

Whoever we sign in the summer. 🙂

Come on, there’s loads on here that think the BFG is shite!

Argumentative? Me, Iwona?

Against the mancs he went on a jolly upfield and helped to gift the mancs a second goal.

not normally, but you can be Gregory 🙂
    Ok, not Per, then who? Szczesny?

I’ve already said……… our new centre back or new DM.

Right, a gig and gallon of ale to sup.
    Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Thanks for a Friday post special Eddie. I can never be sure if chas is being ironic these days 🙂 but I do wonder whether Per will be 1st choice CB next season.

As for captains, PV is definitely the best of those I’ve ever seem even though TA was very good.

I don’t think we currently have the right player to assume the captaincy when MA retired, but maybe one of the youngsters could step up. Knowing Arsene, he’s likely to give it to Sanchez!

you cannot make a new arrival a captain straightaway, he might not be made of the right stuff, like Koscielny.

Don’t you believe it . Chas is listening to his Elton John Greatest hits album and drinking a hot chocolate before an evening in front of the tele watching re-runs of Only Fools and Horses

Ah but Arsene has often made our best player (or our want away) captain = Henry, Cesc and BSR

32. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all.
    Nice one Eddie,
    Very good point you bring up there, and if i speak the truth, this is the first time i have actually thought about it.

At present Arteta, does the job, what the job consists of today is tossing up and picking what end you want to start, They also come in handy to defuse situations like retaliation. Arteta tries his best he has loads of experience but somehow he doesn’t give me the feeling of authority, When he is subbed he walks over to the BFG and slides the armband on his arm probably many peoples choice but not for me, I would like to see him and Arteta down the road but thats for another day.

I don’t see a captain in this team, Sanchez he’s just come, and he exude’s enthusiasm and i would only have him thinking about his own football. Jack Aaron and Santi are players that don’t fill me with much confidence, Ox and Chambo to young Rosiski Flamoney Podolski will probably be off fairly soon, Czezesney cannot be trusted to look after himself let alone others Walcott, do you give an armband to a player who has not kicked a ball for over a year what message does that send out, Gibbo the mute have we ever heard him speak , and if you have i still don’t think he fits the bill. Giroud well he is a possibility but you wouldnt introduce your wife to him, and then we have Koshielney. The team seem to be completely different with kosi in the team, is he captain material, Probably, he would be my choice if i had to make one, Diaby not even considered a player let alone captain.

I would like to see two big tough defensive mid fielders come in, players who show authority, but i would appoint Kosi captain and pick one of the new men as vice but not straight away, Captains you need, vice captains are stand ins with expectations, and i wouldn’t want them to get the wrong impression. Of course i have left Ozil out but it doesn’t matter because he wouldnt figure at all in my opinion.

Just to clarify, Sanchez would not be my choice 🙂 if MA is no longer captain and Per is till first choice next season, I’d go for him.

Thanks Eddie, nice little teaser you little teaser.

I don’t think Arsene puts great stock in the captains role but I think there is merit in having the right club captain. I don’t think they would need to be a ranter and raver but need to be respected by the other players and be the type of player that will lead by example when the chips are down.

For me the captain should have those qualities but also be someone that will most likely be a regular 1st 11 player (barring injury) for some years to come even with any new additions to the squad in transfers.

I agree Per has most of the qualities but I see him now as a 3rd choice CB at a top club, even if he is 1st choice currently, so in essence I think we probably needed an improvement in his position over the summer. Whether Chambers becomes that person or it is sourced from elsewhere I don’t know.

There is only 1 player in my mind that has leadership and warrior type qualities on the pitch and would still be a 1st 11 player, even with new additions, and that is Koscielny. He is also a good age for a captains role and has good experience at the top level now. Although he is not a shouter he actually comes across very well in interviews and seems articulate and intelligent. He ticks all the boxes IMO except maybe his talking to and geeing up of the other players, but he may step forward more as a talker on and off the pitch if given the armband. Kos gets my vote.

Thanks for the post Eddie 🙂

Pers is not for me, in fact I doubt he has more than this season as an automatic choice,and though I agree with many that the captain should be a defender, Pers has a habit of going up for corners and then puffs and blows to try and get back for the counter attack,that invariably comes,

Arteat s getting on and will succumb to more injuries and isn’t vocal enough and he is another who may be in his last season, at least as a first choice..

Szsney, no way. The last great keeper captain I can remember was Lev Yashin, and that was about 50 years ago.

No one really springs to mind.

I think Chas is suffering mood swings. Has he gone back to his tranny days? Would explain things 🙂

Read all your comments, and I too feel a little monthly all of a sudden. In other words we don’t have a Captain. All rubbish candidates.

Jack is the only one that ticks most boxes, what with being of the right and proper blood line, gnashing teeth and so on, but first team starter he isn’t. Yet.

so far ….

Per: Rasp. Micky. Eddie
    Theo: arnie
    TPIG: BR
    Chambers: NG
    Alexis: MikeS
    Ox: RC78
    Kos: GB. SteveP.
    A.N. Other: kelsey. Chas. Wally

Didit. Read your 4.06. 🙂

that settles it then, Per to be our new captain.

41. Good evening *hic* 🙂

Nice one Eddie darling

Captain? Personally I don’t think we’ve got anyone in the current team able to take on that responsibility and do the captain thing.

Per: too nice and polite
    Kos: French and a bit reserved
    Arteta: Leaving soon
    Flamini: Too wayward
    Wilshere: Too juvenile
    Ramsey: He’ll be gone within two seasons
    The Ox: A possible maybe for the future but a forward, if moved to DM / CM perhaps?
    Giroud: No
    Sanchez: No
    Chezzers: When he matures possible
    Cazorla: Leaving soon
    Gibbs: Real potential when older
    Debuchy: Not really
    Chambers: If he makes the move to CB or DM, yes, has the potential

I miss Tony Adams 😦

NB

Why not just leave the reason Kos fails as simply French, and don’t bother about the too reserved stuff

Sounds like a valid reason to me 🙂

43. Yes arnie

12mm vintage oak laminate, 40% OFF.. interesting

why not Giroud? He would make a good skipper.

Koscielny was born in France, but does he look French to you?? Sorry guys, but I am claiming him Polish. There is only one country that could pronounce a name like that

45. Micky

That;s what I meant really but didn’t want to upset the French 🙂

If Flamini was six inches taller and six years younger and 6 lb heavier he might fit the bill 🙂

47. Eddie

Would that make Kos Pole in the Middle? or PIM 🙂

Mind you, so would I 🙂

arnie. I am using that in my post!

Breast feeding in claridges, so bloody what.

What about all the high class hookers who frequent the bars wearing the sort of thing NB likes. How do I know ? We supply the hotel.

not with hookers,I may add.

Kelsey !!! Really ?? 🙂

nb – he is not strictly speaking a Polak, But what I am saying is that you should not disqualify him as a captain because he is French. Genetically he is made of a much stronger staff

53. where;s arnies newspaper post about Shawcross

has Raddy nicked it for tomorrows pre-match 🙂

54. Eddie

For a Frenchman I think PV4 was an exception for captain, and he’d had Tony Adams as a role model, but more probably because he originally came from Africa….

I don’t think Frenchmen make good captains

Crystals
    Upsetting the French simply doesn’t matter. Those days are long gone.

Eddie
    Ollie as Captain! Seriously? He’s the frenchiest of the lot. All that fake injury rolling about stuff, hours in front of the mirror, oops zip broke honestly dear….the list is endless 🙂

kelsey – and what do you think is my view on breastfeeding in public?

micky – yeah, but the rest of them are not real-captain material, so we might as well have the best looking one

Sexist, Eddie, and on a respectable site like this 🙂

Farage on breastfeeding. Amusing, given what an enormous tit he is 🙂

59. Seriously, I believe every team needs a leader on the pitch. Interesting that the three recent players that Eddie mentioned, Terry, Gerard and Keane were British/Irish. Then McClintock and Adams…. I’m not being patriotic here but is there something in the Brit DNA? Something that makes them natural leaders?

60. arnie says:

NorthBank. Raddy’s surprise element! 🙂

I resent that.

My element is not surprising

farage might be a tit or a dickhead, or both, but he made the difference. Other parties have finally realised that people are feeling very strongly about immigration, and something has to be done about it. Like sending Eddie back home 😦

63. arnie says:

Micky. “given what an enormous tit he is” 😆

64. Raddy has done this to me a few times, my follow up comment then looks totally idiotic 🙂

nb – yes, Brits are very strong mentally and good leaders. Even Rooney is doing well as the English captain

66. This is what it has come to in Britain, Eddie, an immigrant, now thinks Farage is right. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot 🙂

67. arnie says:

withdrawal symptoms from socialism. 😛

68. Eddie

I didn’t mean the immigrant comment to be an insult, I’m an immigrant too in France. If the UK drop out of the EU then I’m worried about my position as a scrounging artist 🙂

I don’t actually think Nationality comes into the skipper thing.

However, Club Football is a very localised tribal affair, and I think a Captain with as much DNA of that Club Localism as possible is going to have an edge. Adams, Terry and Gerrard being the finest examples.

nb – I honestly do think that. I asked many Polaks how would they feel if Polish became a minority in Warsaw. They were appalled and thought it impossible. There is no infrastructure here to support existing residents, let alone 1/4 million a year more.

good point micky. That leaves us with no future captain, great

Jack has everything. DNA. Fighter. Needs to grow up a bit, but he will. Just needs to improve the football side to be a guaranteed starter. He will grow up That is the only question mark.

Sorry, the football side is the ?

74. Eddie

Governments and countries and industry have the money to make sure the infrastructure is there. However, they don’t want to improve the situation because there would be nothing to argue about between political parties and therefore, no need for political parties 🙂

I have a funny feeling that Jack will be leaving us.
    And Jenks? Is he coming back? He is tall, defender, true Gunner, real Brit

76. Eddie

I was just about to say the same thing about Jack…. will he stay with us long enough to mature?

77. The Cockie Monster says:

If I was the Minister for Immigration, the only change I would make is that the 1/4 million coming in every year would be restricted to Females from Lesbos !. In fact, they would have to come through Cornwall first and be interviewed two at a time by me and then Micky can transport them from my Cornish border control point at The Tamar into Devon after I have finished with them !. I will probably go blind before the week is out !.

nb – but where is that money coming from? no, let’s not start this argument. Say what you want but London was a much nicer place to live some 30 years ago.

79. And Jenks, why would he want to now leave West Ham now when this season they are going to get CL football and Arsenal won’t 🙂

80. Ok Eddie lets leave that one for another time. But just to have the last Shard type word 🙂 London 30 years ago still had immigrant problems, nothing has changed

Devon has so much more suitable landing beaches 🙂

Anyway, you lot are pirates, wreckers and looters and that’s why they’ll be heading my way, not yours.

82. The Cockie Monster says:

Cornwall has the mildest climate in Britain and they will have to put clothes on, on entry to Devon !……I may struggle to get rid of the worn out bitches !. hahaha

83. arnie says:

“but where is that money coming from?” why? transfers from Botland? 😛 and the money saved from delaying the regeneration of the regions since the 80’s recession. 😛

Who will be at Arsenal the longer, Jack or Aaron? Mmm, good question.

Jack should get longer because he’s a Gooner, but if I was the Boss, I’d flog both right now 🙂

85. arnie says:

sometimes also called the Thatcher recession! 😛 this will come back to haunt the union! IMO. 😦

86. The Cockie Monster says:

Some lovely waves in Polzeath today, looking down from the Oystercatcher pub, not sure if they were rideable but they looked frenzied white and rough…. a bit like `69ers beard !. hahaha

Arnie

They’ve saved some money!!! Ah ha, you mean “could allocate a little more debt” 🙂

as long as Ox stays put, I am no longer too bothered about Jack and Aaron. They will probably go within the next 18 months

Cockie
    We nip down to Polzeath quite often and camp at Tristram next to the beach. Just avoid July and August

90. arnie says:

Micky. better discussed in person, over a drink? 😛

Agree Eddie

92. The Cockie Monster says:

Just heard on the news that there will be extreme train delays for commuters going to the Stoke/ Arsenal game tomorrow !………..Stoke City FC confirmed….. there will be a park the bus replacement service !.

Let me know when you’re next down for a game Arnie and we’ll meet six hours before and agree 🙂

Must go. Nite all.

94. arnie says:

Cockie. park the bus indeed. 🙂

95. Micky

It will take longer than that to discuss the Rack of the Day 🙂

96. arnie says:

Sure, Micky. 🙂

97. arnie says:

NorthBank. 🙂

98. Eddie…. really enjoyed your post today and the following discussion. 🙂

Raddy, looking forward to your pre-match tomorrow. 🙂

One of my favorite series has just started so time for sofa, blanket and dog 🙂

99. The Cockie Monster says:

Being Cornwall`s elite White Van Driver ……..( yes !, I even have White Van Driver embroidered on my white jacket and It`s great when I deliver to a dyslexic pole dancing club, where the girls know mw as…Dr Iver van White, Professor of Vanology )……….I get to go around nearly all of Cornwall`s 300 mile coast and still love it !.

100. The Cockie Monster says:

I read earlier that `69er said he missed Arnie`s sitar music !……….that’s something in common he has with Sanogo…..he regularly misses a sitar !.

101. arnie says:

Cockie. that is a horrible spelling mistake. its spelt as Welbz, not Sanogo! 😛

Thanks evonne

Who needs a captain? Been a Bubble I dont believe in authority

Some one trys to tell me what to do it would either be at the end of a souvlaki skewer or be a man wearing a Fez and threatening to play Turkish music.

Tony Adams is the only proper captain ive known, and thats only because he was barmy

Have you seen the Adams ‘stare’ evonne? You would do as your told alright. Otherwise one night you would be awoken from your slumber by a man wearing a long dressing gown demanding to know the recesses of your sub conscious.

As for immigration?, ime really pissed off. Dont get me wrong, i dont believe in passport controls, every one should be able to seek sex were they want.

What alarms me is this current new spate are all good looking bastards. i cant have that. Some good looking Belarussians mocking me with there fit bodies and commenting that my wig would make a great coat for surviving a Siberian Gulag

I want a return to the good old days. Some toothless one eyed goat herder or geezer wearing white socks and trousers six inches to short.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

Terry – YOU think that Tony Adams was barmy? ha ha ha 🙂 🙂
    Actually, I have met Tony Adams on more than one occasion, he’s all right

Right, need to get some sleep before the fight tomorrow. I hope we can go all the rounds without too many injuries.
    Thank you all once again, good night.

104. arnie says:

lovely day’s blogging, Evonne. thank you and good night. 🙂

105. The Cockie Monster says:

Saw this on newsnow !.
    Match between two Crete teams gets held up by a Goat !. A bumper crowd turned up hoping to see new signing Mario Gotze !.
    Harry Transplanticus, captain of Syrupticus FC, said…….” I started to get suspicious when the bastard couldn`t speak German and thought the bell around his neck looked nothing like a world cup winners medal !, yet another kick in the bollox for us, with the recession and our woman leaving to immigrate to Cornwall and some dodgy football agent from Bounds Green ripping us off ! “.

Sunny Garcia. The hard man of surfing

Last one

108. VCC says:

MickyDidit…….if you use GoPro…….what one do you recommend? They do an entry level at £94. Which looks adequate, but can I load footage to YouTube and Facebook? Sorry to trouble you if it’s not appropriate.

Last one? Nah

Ah ha, people, good morning.

VCC,
    No, we don’t use gopro, although people who I know do, go for Hero4. My problem is two fold. One, a forward mounted go pro doesn’t give the images I’d want. I would be after footage of my son from a distance ie me. That brings me on to the second problem, doing it massively eats into my own surf time. It’s not easy. When I’m in the water, it’s hard just to see my son, and I often don’t see him for 20 mins or more. If you are more than one wave (set) apart, you might be in a trough while he’s high, and vice versa. Our camera is rubbish and on film/vid/moving image setting only gives you about 10 mins filming time. This summer I spent an hour just trying to get that one shot. You wait. Then he might appear over the top of a wave and then wipe out. You start all over again. Another 10 mins for him to paddle out, then wait for another wave. Then I can’t see him. Then I or he has drifted and not in the perfect place when he does appear again. The whole thing bores me and for what? I or he, is not that interested in showing people anyway, would rather be doing it. We know what it “feels” like, and we remember those moments.
    One day yes.

111. VCC says:

Cheers Micky. Happy surfing.

Ok, here’s the problem. Here’s a pic of him in a competition this summer. He’s just caught the top of a wave. It will be 3-4 ft in another two seconds. You can see the bloke behind already disappearing and the wave has only just begun. He will vanish in a moment and this is on a small wave.

Let’s see if this works. Copy…….and paste

Urrrgh 😦

VCC
    Yes you can load onto youtube like the vids above.

Stoke
    Doesn’t fill you with hope of open and exciting football does it. The word Stoke just makes you want to hurl 🙂

I demand some stats
    Which teams score the most goals at home on average?

Ok, might help if I say not one more word about bloody surfing, and we crack on with …….???? 🙂

file:///C:/Users/philip/Desktop/P1040440.JPG

NB @ 7:07 Sitar Jingle Bells

Almost got everything. Sitars. Bongos. Two Buddhists on the right. Two hippies on the left, with ponytails and all, but there’s something still missing.

Ah ha, got it. Do they do Yellow Submarine?

I’ve stunk the place out 😦
    Laters

phew Micky, it’s a bit funky in here 🙂

So what to expect at Stoke today… Intimidation tactics, rotational fouling, Sanchez targeted, hoof ball and the bus, what deep joy to look forward to 🙂

How’s this for a theory and prediction:

We average 1.4 goals a game away from home
    Stoke average 1.0 goals a game at home

Final: Score Stoke 1 Arsenal 1.4

Could be a cracker and one for the purists 🙂

123. Micky

If we come out of it with no injuries I’d be happy… 3 points will be a bonus 🙂

Wow check this out
    Ok, I don’t recognise anything Beatles about it, but he’s on a magic carpet and that’s worth something
    Mind you, I would have heckled “yellow submarine matey, or we walk”

nb – there you are – you say there is money available. It has just been announced that some pensioners will receive a weekly increase in their pensions in the sum of 87 pence. Those are the people that worked all their lives (there were no benefits in their youth) and now are insulted by 87 pence increase. At the same time Polish men claim child benefit for children still living in Poland. Marvellous.

Stoke is synonymous with Aaron’s broken leg, always will be. And the front bottoms singing a little song for Ramsey. Hate them.

127. Eddie

I thought we were not gonna go there…. 🙂

NB

Crucial to get that .4 of a goal more than them. Naturally I want to watch every Arsenal game, but there are some where you think “Mmm, well if shopping is an option….”

129. You say that, but the politicians still have enough money to pay their expense accounts………. go figure 🙂

Come on Eddie, you know what pensioners are like, give them more cash and they squander it on sweet sherry and bingo. Layabouts and a burden is what they are.

131. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all.
    Reading some of the comments, i see we have varied interests and we like to discuss other subjects as well.
    From my observations, it seems that many like a bit of smut, others like a bit of Arsenal news, some seem worried over immigration, and some seem bothered by a woman doing what comes natural, feeding her baby.

My views is yes a bit of smut is not to bad as long as its in good taste or good humour, but remember this is a football blog and now and again a bit of football news is quite good.

Immigration, why do we talk immigration, probably because the British people all work for their pensions, but the Government wants to give away the money that is in the banks waiting for workers to retire.

Many people were promised a pension at 65 when they first left school work hard and pay your dues and you will be given a pension when you retire, low and behold Immigration handouts come along and people who were promised now have to wait a couple of years longer to reach pensionable age.

While the government now, wants to spend Billions and billions moving a road from Stonehenge which has stood for 3 thousand years, while people who should get pensions have to wait is unthinkable in my eyes, but who do you blame.

Every other advert on the tele is an appeal for some kind of charity, many of these charities get millions every single year from the British public so how can anybody be hard up, In fact the British government are one of the biggest contributors of handout payments to all sorts of charities we give generously to every bugger who has had it rough but are slow to help our own people when disasters fall on us like floods and things. enougth said about immigration. In my mind they should work hard in their own countries and make their countries wealthy.

As for moaning about a young woman breast feeding a baby, if your hungry you buy a snack and no matter where you are you eat it, so should a baby nough said

132. stevepalmer1 says:

Friday Rant, run over to Saturday sorry

London!!!!

Terrible dress sense, but good song writer. 6 Grammy nominations

Nice NB
    Here’s a classic

135. Steve

Anytime is good for a rant mate 🙂

Eddie, I have a table cloth like that coat ha ha but I like the song

136. Excellent micky….. love it 🙂

‘you were not going to go there’ – nb, nb, nb – 3 wives and you still don’t know that is a woman’s prerogative to change her mind when it suits her.

Late start for BR which will result in the pre-match being a little late.
    Sorry.

What a Cissy that Smith geezer is.

Get out there, pull some birds and leave before they get up in the morning you emotional Jessie.

I guarantee you one thing Smith. You keep rabbiting on about love and how crap you are at one night stands, your Mrs will look for a real man. Maybe one wearing a wig?, leaving you crying in your pillow you big girls blouse.

140. ha ha Eddie

Don’t I know it 🙂

The Motown Collection CD has just gone on. Thanks for the reminder NB.

this is one of the most outrageous things I have seen – Cleveland boy shot down, just like that

Wow
    I reckon we have four bloggers with 13 marriages between them.
    Bloody sinners is what you are 🙂

I am angry again, expect abuse nb.
    yeah, that Smithy bloke is a bit OTT, that is probably he made it in America.

145. Don’t panic Raddy…. we can continue with the music for a while 🙂

So Kos is injured again!!!

Seriously, this new fitness guru needs to eff off and fast. Things are getting worse and worse by the bleeding day

147. And of course Pussy of the Day just for Edwina 🙂

148. Eddie

Angry not good…… but I look forward to you abusing me 🙂

I’m on earl morning babysitting duties so won’t be able to publish the post. Raddy can you publish yourself?

150. This makes me angry…. really angry.

151. That’s a Croation video, the message at the end says: “Help me, I don’t know if I can wait for tomorrow”

Peaches – I am on the night time babysitting duties 🙂

I really hope Raddy is not saying anything nice about Stoke
    We want a war today.

micky – he want. He hates everything about most northern towns and clubs 🙂

I cannot believe Kos is injured!!! how come?

Dusty 🙂
    come on Raddy, the dogs need walking

Hippies. Time means something completely different 🙂

Off now. Enjoy the game. Might be back on the sofa.

just a gentle reminder -Peaches cannot publish the post, can someone do the honours?

158. What, no staff about to publish? Why hasn’t Raddy got a key? If Arsenal performed like this then we’d be relegated ha ha

159. arnie says:

motning all. well done motning crew. lovely music today and some lovely rant as well. 🙂

war looms. how does one prepare for war? hmmm.

160. arnie says:

Raddy has a key. 🙂

161. arnie says:

162. Just to remind everyone what we are up against today… bastards

I just hope someone told Sanchez what to expect

164. arnie says:

Alexis is s street fighter. I guess he will know instinctively how to dodge a tackle. Unless it is a criminal hack like Stitecross. 😦

a street fighter?? where has this come from?

new post has been up for over an hour!!!! unannounced! that’s what happens when Peaches is busy

NEW POST!!!

167. Santa Vonarx says:

I consider, that you are mistaken. Write to me in PM, we will discuss.