The late, late show.

Three wins on the bounce, three clean sheets, yet we never make it easy on ourselves.

I will leave the tactical formation to others to discuss, but to be honest I had hoped that we would be more authoritative from the kick off and despite their recent defeat, that Southampton would pose more of a threat.

In all honesty it was a pretty lack lustre first half as our lads just seemed to have no real intent to press on from the win at The Hawthorns. A couple of half chances and just one from the visitors. Of course three games in a week with an injury plagued squad didn’t help yet, not for the first time this season our best passage of play was in the last fifteen minutes.

No doubt Forster in goal had a marvellous game but one got the feeling that endless high balls into the box or corners were always going to be dealt with quite easily, and so it turned out to be. Though he had little to do, the more I see of Martinez, the more impressive he gets, and perhaps he will be the one to make our Polish keeper be on his toes. Competition even as a keeper, isn’t a bad thing.

I wouldn’t say that anyone had a stand out game, though Flamini not always noticed, had one of his best games this season, and though not fully fit, Koscielny is vital in marshaling our defence but the introduction of Giroud and the persistence of Sanchez finally paid off. Even though The Saints went down to ten men, Wenger got the substitutions right, but it was noticeable that The Ox looked extremely distressed as he walked off.

The reliance on Sanchez to get us out of a hole though great, has to be addressed and hopefully Giroud,Welbeck,Ramsey and The Ox will find the net so as to spread the load more evenly.

I still feel that the boss is experimenting, and that takes time for the team to have more fluidity and pace, especially at the start of a match, but wayward passing is something that seems to have crept into our game.

It is very tight from third to eighth in the table and no doubt the pressure is on to keep the momentum.

All in all a vital three points but yet another stern tests awaits us this weekend

kelsey

192 Responses to The late, late show.

1. Good Match Report Kelsey

You are becoming more and more positive as the season progresses. I may comment further later, but now it’s aperitif time and then lunch with friends at a restaurant, a good excuse to avoid all the tactical bollix that’s going to come in the next three hours. I’ll be back at 5pm when it’s died down a bit πŸ™‚

2. stevepalmer1 says:

Nice one Kelsey, Agree with a lot of that. Being Arsenal supporters we often look at the bad and not the good. Just lately the good has started to show through, the working together the chasing and the work rate has suddenly increased. People sticking with the plan, and players that get subbed looking as if they have got the hump, that i like to see, a player who has worked hard and looks knackered, but still wants to see out the game always impresses me.

Raddy mentioned in the last post, how i seem to never be happy with our play whether winning or losing and thinking about what he said, i have to agree. I want the Arsenal at the top like we all do, and i always feel that we could have done better.

Wenger has made the changes that i had asked for, he has also got the players working for one another, I love the fact that not only one player chases back to retrieve a ball but two or more are grafting.

When i see players doing this, i should in fact praise them as i know how tire-ring doing that is, but it has made such a difference and to not mention it is not right.

Raddy has his view and i have mine but at the end of the day, if they show improvement then it should be mentioned and i will try in future.

Superb summary Kelsey.

4. β€˜morning all,

Nice one Kelsey.

One nil to the Arsenal! Clean sheet. Three points. No serious looking injuries. No bookings. No banners. What’s not to like?

The defending was again pretty good, and that provided the basis for playing a more controlled attacking game.

I thought Martinez did everything he was called on to do with calmness and authority.

I thought the Ox looked seriously p****d off when subbed, an arm round the shoulder from the manager in such circumstances wouldn’t come amiss.

kelsey. Thank you. Fair summation though I had Chambers as my AFC MotM.

The goal was a tap-in created by some fine play by Ramsey. Even Kelsey himself would have scored it, yet Alexis takes the headlines.

The anti-AFC media narrative continues with “unlucky S’ton who were the better team” Yet …..

MotM Forster.
    Shots on target AFC 8 S’ton 1
    Total shots: AFC 19 S’ton 6
    Possession: AFC 59%
    Corners AFC 9 S’ton 1
    Aerial duels won: AFC 64%
    Clearances AFC 16 S’ton 39

Even an non-accountant can see from those figures who were the dominant side and who was most deserving of the win

As to Ox being unhappy: Like steve, I like it.

And when we have a Ozil, Theo, Debuchy, Gibbs, JW and Arteta back the players had better get used to warming the bench and being subbed.

7. Raddy, you forgot to mention Diaby!

Even Wenger is surprised but naturally pleased how Sanchez has slotted in.Also take into account twice this season he has had long haul flights for friendly internationals,yet his energy and grit is second to none.
    My main concern is that when we play the Stoke Cities of this league,he will be targeted.

9. One southampton player worth a mention, Wanyama, getting plaudits from the hacks and no doubt will be mentioned as a possible holding mid-fielder for Arsenal.

Thing is though, he should have been red carded in the first half, after failing to bring Alexis down with a foul tackle he then, petulantly, kicked out catching him on the calf. Later offences of shirt pulling and body checking also went unpunished until the number of fouls he had committed forced even Andre (should have gone to Specsavers) to caution him.
    Do we want him? No thanks!!

10. Kelsey, I think he has been targetted from day one, see my comment about Wanayama above.

11. Andre (should have gone to Specsavers) Marriner.

I don’t remember who it was but Santi got a nice dig in the goolies πŸ™‚

NG
    I agree about Wanyama 100%, this is the inconsistency with refs.

13. arnie says:

lovely one, Kelsey. πŸ™‚ Or his brother. πŸ˜›

3 points in the bag, a series of hard-fought games, injuries and all that. what’s not to like? πŸ™‚

competition for places, the rookie GK impressive, clean sheet, plenty of men in defence. What’s not to like? πŸ™‚

Plenty of possession, attacking intent, winning in a best of one goal contest, winning close to the 90th minute, excitement all round. What’s not to like? πŸ™‚

Cheers all round, some gasps at the Ox being subbed, and likewise Welbz, but no jeers and no banners. What’s not to like? πŸ™‚

Defence was very good. IMO. And this is the reason why a top-4 side was not able to mount any significant challenges on our goal.

The disappointment for me was the potency of our attack. In fact, we had to wait very late and until Soton was a man down to get a goal.

Giro we know is better in a holding role. And he is motivated at the moment. And it will take a bulldozer to hack him down. The overhead lob he was trying at the end yesterday, which should have seen a penalty, was just outrageous. Honest, I feel some man-love for him. πŸ˜›

But he is not sufficient on his own. Welbz gets into teh right places and is good when he has no time to think. Otherwise he tries to take a touch and this first touch lets him down more often than not. I know he is predicted to be England’s greatest striker ever, but for me, that has to wait a bit.

Sanogo is erratic, but what he does well is pass his leg through the ball at the first opportunity. This is raw talent, and it is a bit hit and miss, but he brings something different IMO.

Alexis is brilliant, but in the Arsenal team he will have to play a bit deep. So he will never be an out and out striker. We need his fighting qualities in midfield and even in defence. That is a pity, but that is how it is.

And Theo is waiting in the wings.

Between these few options, we have to somehow start getting our goals. How I do not know. I suspect someone may know better, most possibly Wenger.

Stoke and Galat away coming up. Tough games both. COYG. πŸ™‚

14. arnie says:

I am also autiously optimistic that ultimately, Sanogo will be better in teh holding role than Giro. watch this space. πŸ™‚

15. fatgingergooner says:

Kelsey,

Is Wenger experimenting, or is he just putting out his best XI available due to injuries? It will be interesting to see how often our line up changes if and when everyone is fit.

It’s no coincidence that Koscielny returns and our defence suddenly looks more solid. His recovery pace makes everyone less nervous, including me!

I like that the Ox was annoyed, but in fairness he’d done very little second half. It’s also his old club so no doubt he wanted to make an impression. If Rambo continues in his slump then I’d like to see Ox get a run in that CM position.

I can’t believe that only a year ago we were accused of lacking pace. Now we have a potential front 4 of Sanchez, Welbeck, Walcott and Ox!

Kelsey

The targeting of Sanchez started last night. I have little doubt, as you suggest, that others such as Stoke will continue the tactic.

17. stevepalmer1 says:

When we look at the front line at Arsenal, that is when we have to be honest with ourselves and actually realise that with Arnie’s Insight, is it a possibility that Sanogo will be our figure head for the future.

I had high hopes of Sanogo when he first arrived, I checked on the net for all clips i could find of this young man. I looked at all of them and thought at that time Sanogo could be a superstar, Sadly after half way through the second season, i realise that i was wrong about him.

Personally what i see in Sanogo is basically what Arnie see’s in Welbeck first touch syndrome. As Arnie has stated Welbs does seem to have problems with ball control, whether that is expectation or self inflicted pressure i am like Arnie in not knowing.

Giroud of course has a strikers brain but his lack of pace is problematic that will never cure. Theo has pace he also has good finishing, but i feel Theo seems to lack the Giroud brain, Theo has attributes apart from the brain but is that enough for a top striker.

Theo of course has to be judged on what he has done, the goals he has scored and his many assists as well, but with Theo we also have to equate the injuries he has had, the time out the different parts of the body that he has had problems with, if i was to give an honest view on Theo it would be that he has talent and that he also could be a top striker even without the brain mass i would like him to have, but Theo is really a lightweight seldom will he challenge one on one seldom does he take a full back on and seldom does he add anything in other parts of the pitch.

Sanchez is different quality to all 3 he really isn’t an out and out CF striker yes, but he wants to play, challenge all over the pitch, he is not afraid to take on the largest of the large, he gets stuck in and enjoys the tussle, being a lone CF would never suit his charisma, he needs to be physical he needs the challenge he likes a race and he also likes a chase he is relentless he has what the others have in abundance but he is not an out and out CF

Arsene Wenger brought Ozil, why he went for Suarez and settled with Ozil still has me bemused . Suarez was an out and out striker Pace brain and ability in abundance had we had him last season i am convinced the title would have been ours but we ended up with Ozil, now out for two to three month’s with an injury i never saw. Granted the guy has talent but has he the talent to make a team tick and my answer to that is not up to now, and if i speak the truth i cannot see how the expense has not been worthwhile, a player costing 43 mill who cannot kick a penalty has me wondering what our manager saw in him in the first place.

Many say about Southampton’s academy and products like The Ox and Walcott, but at the end of the day what have they done for us in all honesty The Ox with all his talent still struggles to play 90 and Walcott struggles to play at all, Chamber’s has been the one to convince me, but still early doors for him.

What i am trying to say is, buy Horses for courses want a centre forward then buy an out and out centre forward not a winger come midfielder we have dozens of those.

Thanks Kelsey. I tried to submit a comment at half time from my phone from the pub last night but it didn’t go through so I gave up.

My observation at half time was that we had almost gone to a polar opposite of the suicidal 8 man attack situations we had witnessed with Anderlecht and Swansea, and were keeping things almost too reserved. We need to find the balance in between these situations.

I felt our big problem last night was that Santi and Rambo were both playing centrally but mostly stayed deeper and neither of them were getting close to Danny as a traditional number 10 should at times. I felt when the balls were played into Danny no-one got close to him quick enough and he was isolated with often his only option often being to try and take on 2 or 3 Southampton defenders alone. It was almost like we had a 3 man deeper midfield with Flam, Rambo and Santi. added to this Alexis from the left also seemed to be picking the ball up too deep and often lost possession trying to dribble ouy of that area of the pitch.

I felt we should have removed one of Rambo or Santi and moved Alexis centrally behind Danny, move AOC to attacking left and bring on someone to play attacking right. The other alternative would be to play Danny left (again moving Sanchez centrally) and bring Ollie on up front. AW kind of did this but it seemed he moved Alexis to the right instead. I felt introducing Ollie was a good call more in how it changed our shape than anything individually brilliant, and although we did eventually win I feel that the wrong person was taken off, and obviously AOC did as well. It was the Rambo / Santi combination that wasn’t working IMO and I felt one of those 2 should have been subbed.

Sanchez eventually scored the winner by coming off the right flank and getting into a central position but would we have scored earlier if AOC was kept as a wide player and Sanchez given the central number 10 role?

I still feel AW makes the wrong call at times with his substitutions, just my observations, but despite that I was still happy with the win against what I consider tricky opponents. We weren’t in full fluid mode but we weren’t dreadful either, and as Kelsey said for a team that has an injury ravaged squad and has played 3 times in quick succession this was a hard earnt victory built more on guts and not giving in than super football. Every top team gets those games and I was pleased that we showed the character to triumph eventually.

Hi Kelsey, fine bit of reporting.

Not much gloom and doom to write about these days other than that fabricated by disgruntled fans and the headlines from the reader hungry media.

Sanchez is a revelation and a true superstar, I believe him to be of the same ilk as players like Bergkamp, Henry, Vieira & Adams etal…….they are simply outstanding footballers and are a complete rarity,

I look forward to the time when AW`s dilemma is not – who is fit to play today – but who should I leave out today. We appear to be only a matter of weeks away from that becoming a reality.

RA, speak to me – when are you going to be blogging on AA again……….

21. Bayonne Jean says:

Kelsey, to your wish list of having Giroud, Welbeck, Ramsey and The Ox find the net to spread the load more evenly, I would add Santi. He needs to hit the net with hard shots to the goal’s corners, rather than soft shots straight to the keeper, or blasts to the mezzanine, or getting blocked by opposition defenders (currently leads the lead by a healthy margin in that category).

22. jnyc says:

Raddy, I saw those same stats, and im glad u posted them. To me , we played with more skill and could have won by more with any luck. They seemed strong and fast, but never really threatening. Our talent got us many more chances, especially after the subs. Typical media negativity.
    We just need to shut them up by winning. Nice to see earlier subs also.

23. David Stewart says:

jnyc – I agree. Raddy’s stats are telling but shouldn’t come as too great a surprise to anyone who watched the match. Sadly, many people buy into the media reports without any objective analysis, or even seeing the game.

24. All players should be fitted with a harness between their shoulders.

All grounds should be equipped with a tower crane.

Any player falling over and not getting up within 15 seconds could then be hoisted off the pitch immediately.

No more time wasting!!

I commend the idea to the house.

Mmmm Crystals

I did post a comment while aboard the 9:06 Great Western Paddington to Plymouth Express, but hey ho.

It said thank you, but don’t worry, there’s plenty to doom about πŸ™‚

Loving the clean sheets. Saves on the laundry bill and therefore more to spend in Jan. As for Wanyama, well, if Schneiderlin is bigger and better as many say, then cheque book out right this minute.

This morning I muttered how desperately slow we are on the counter. I was certainly one of the many at The Ems in the “eh” camp when The Ox was hauled off. Yeah yeah, I know, Ollie came on and was good and Rambo set up the winner, but Aaron would have come off if I’d been the boss. Rosicky replacing him. More thrust from the middle was needed.

I think Pod was always going to get his 10 minutes, what with Inter Milan scouts being in town running the rule over him πŸ™‚

Anyway, a win was fabulous and I had a terrific evening. Loved it. Even better, fans leaving early and then we scored. My absolute favourite πŸ™‚

GN5
    Is there something going on between you and RA that you’d like to share? You sound lonely πŸ™‚

Oh Crystals,
    Last thing on your dooming. Stoke. Stern test? Get real, they’re pathetic πŸ™‚

28. Micky, because of the intensity of the final ten minutes the TV cameras didn’t show the normal shots of the early leavers wending their way up the gangways. Were there many? If so it serves them right for their lack of faith.

Just a minute though, You caught the 9.06 on God’s Wonderful Railway? You must have left right after the kick-off. πŸ˜€

Micky,

The only thing going on is that I`m miffed that such a great blogger appears to have stopped blogging on AA. I find that to be very upsetting. It may go back to several days ago when he attempted to reconcile a handbags event between two other bloggers.

9;06 is a morning thing. 21:06 is an evening thing. πŸ™‚
    God’s Wonderful (GWR got it) πŸ™‚

GN5
    RA often disappears. Most people do from time to time. 26 sulking somewhere is a bit more long term.

26 -MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Actually GN5
    Maybe RA is sickened by the filth 😦
    Or should that be a πŸ™‚

Or maybe he misses it?

34. Hah!! Micky you’ll be expecting us to believe that you spent the night in the YMCA next. πŸ˜€

Talking about filth…………..

On a cold, cold night two bulls are standing in a field. One says “Boy it’s mighty cold out here!”, the other says “Yes, I think I might slip into a nice warm Jersey”.

Two eggs boiling in a pan, one male and one female.
    The female egg says “Look, I’ve got a crack”
    “No good telling me” replies the male egg “I’m not even hard yet”

Q. What did the penis say to the condom?
    A. Cover me i’m going in!

Q. What’s the last thing that goes through a fly’s mind when it hits a windscreen?
    A. It’s arse!

Q. Why dont blind men skydive?
    A. Because it scares the shit out of the dog

Q. Whats the difference between a wife and a girlfriend ?
    A. 3 Stone !

Nice one Kelsey

Definitely there’s a trend of targeting Sanchez for fouls now. Last night he got the full “rotational fouling”* treatment, with Saints players lining up to become Sinners by kicking and tripping him.

In fact Southampton as a team were allowed to get away with a lot of small fouls to break up our play. I don’t know why the refs let teams go unpunished for this whereas our players always seem to get book for their first foul.

* Β© A. Ferguson

If at first you don’t succeed…

…then sky diving is probably not for you.

Rocky, maybe you can lure RA back out of hiding – my poor jokes don’t seem to be working………….

Q. What did one saggy breast say to the other one?
    A. If we don’t get some support soon, people will think we’re nuts!

Q. What do you call a gay dinosaur?
    A. Mega-saur-ass

Q. Why do men get their great ideas in bed?
    A. Because their plugged into a genius!

Boy oh boy, it’s lonely on here…………must be my poor taste in humour.

HA ha GN5 @ 5:13
    This poses the inevitable question: where’s NB when you actually need him πŸ™‚

Micky, his siesta can sometimes last all day!

50. chas2 says:

Cheers, kelsey.

I think you’re right – the substitutions were bang on.
    Giroud had an immediate impact without weakening our shape and Podolski lifted the team again after their keeper had made a few decent ones.
    Surely anyone booing the Ox substitution would look back and think ‘maybe I won’t do that next time’ as it makes me look a right pillock.

The crescendo of moaning during the second half around us led Ant and me to make makeshift earplugs out of tissue. πŸ™‚

Koscielny MOTM for me.

Chas2

Hindsight? Before the substitutions, weren’t you thinking Aaron off?
    I’m not saying I wouldn’t have brought Ollie on, I would. As well.

I had a moaner three away who spent the first twenty minutes on his ipad. Then left, muttering and moaning, ten minutes from the end. I so wanted to chase after him πŸ™‚

thank you for the report Kelsey! I think we were watching the same game last night! Fancy that, all the games on the telly and the two of us watch the most boring one πŸ™‚

oi Micky – is it true that Chambers got lots of abuse?

Probably a fair chunk of hindsight, yep, but If I think x should come off and y does, then what difference does that make? I can wind myself up or roll with it.
    I prefer to roll with it these days.

Everyone could see Giroud was coming on. Logically it was either Welbeck or the Ox to come off as Sanchez is our current talisman.(and it had to one of the front 3 to make sure we weren’t exposed with 25 to go)
    Welbeck presumably holds more goal threat, so the Ox was the decision. Why boo?

Haha, reminded me of this…….

With Jack out for 3 months, I really hope Rambo can kick on from this and play himself back into form.
    Maybe that was part of the thinking, too. Who knows?

“Surely anyone booing the Ox substitution would look back and think β€˜maybe I won’t do that next time’ as it makes me look a right pillock.”

When it comes to the sum intelligence of the collective Arsenal supporter, I have realised that it is probably best if I don’t hold my breath.

Part of what thinking Chas?

In not subbing him, LB (as Micky had suggested earlier).

Here are the Ox’s touches in the 20 minutes after half time.
    In that time he had one successful take-on.
    No tackles
    2 aerial duels (1 successful, 1 not)
    No interceptions
    No blocks
    1 foul committed
    0 fouls won

Haha, what a load of statistical nonsense. πŸ™‚

(Arsenal kicking from left to right)

62. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Phew that one lingered Chas

63. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Well done Kelsey, like you i think Martinez has done well, but apart from one save against Dortmund i don’t think he has had enough questions asked of him yet. He does appear to have a very good kick from the hands and seems to like the direct route if he thinks he can start an attack, however i think he had quite a few dodgy kicks from the ground yesterday and not sure he is overly confident with the ball at his feet, seems concerned to play the short pass on occasion.

As for the rest of the performance i personally wasn’t keen on the setup as GoonerB says it was too bigger shift towards defence from the all out attack, no one can doubt the players need to find a balance but watching last night reminded me of our “handbrake on” from a couple of seasons back. Seemingly hoping that the three up should be able to do it on their own. Which if the team your playing does the same means a lot of changes of possession without too many goalmouth incidents as the defenders constantly outnumber the attackers…..ok we won’t concede on the counter attack, but i think we could also end up with a lot more 1-0’s or even 0-0’s.

Interesting those still in the ground after the goal seemed to be urging the team on to go for another goal, after all isn’t that what we all go to football to experience those orgasmic moments after the ball ends up in the net?

As for the already “where would Arsenal be without Sanchez?” we don’t know, but in the games he hasn’t played others have stepped up to score, so the assumption would be about the same place.

Thanks, GIE, the air freshener was definitely needed on that one.
    Nice to see you curled out a beauty yourself!

It’s obvious we would play with ten men if Sanchez wasnt available. Just as we’d have finished 14th when bsr scored all those goals in his “I’m off at the end of my contract” season.

Oi Chas

You cannot heat map or stat me over the Ox substitution. Aaron was pants and Alex would have been better in that role, but so would Rosicky , and remember, the Ox should never come off in my book πŸ™‚

If the Ox is having a bad game then it’s the fault of the players around him and Arsene and Bould and Ivan and LB.

Oh finally I would never boo. Just won’t make that noise ever.

Right, how about some diverse music to celebrate πŸ™‚

Haha, obviously my comment about booing subs wasn’t directed at anyone with an ounce of intelligence!

Promise last filty comment, but GB and Exile got it bang on. We were so deep (saw 6 Arsenal outfield players on or behind the half way line to their one striker at one point).

Ramsey and Flamini were so so deep and so slow at counter, that’s why I’d have swapped Ramsey for Ox or Rosicky.

I do apologise for such filthy talk at this hour.

Ok Chas,

On a more serious note, I thought I had developed a full blown fetish yesterday.

In a queue at Paddington St, and stopped dead by this woman’s ankles! I stared. Really, a lot.
    Then, on the train, concerned and excited in equal measure about my new hobby I googled ankle fetish, and I’m very much not a dedicated enthusiast.

Turns out I just like legs.

72. Morning fetishers πŸ™‚

Micky, I like womens ankles, well, certain types, nothing wrong with that:

I thought everyone wanted us to go back to the pragmatic approach of the end of the 12/13 season when we tightened up and romped in unbeaten for the last 12 games?

Frankly I was horrified when Soton were 2 on 2 in the first half and only Shane Long’s incompetence stopped them from scoring when Pelle was unmarked. πŸ™‚

You can’t beat a good pair of cankles.

Chas

Gutted, and even sickened, to hear you were “frankly horrified”. What a terrible state to get yourself in to when really you’re just supposed to be having fun πŸ™‚

NB
    My ankles were different league to those shapeless sticks. And morning to you.

77. This is where the obsession starts for us boys….

78. I’m sure they were micky, but my inference was ankles with knickers around them πŸ™‚

Mmm, was hoping that pic would appear, rather than a link. Not interesting or amusing. An experiment.

NB
    I can spot an inference. Well, one of yours at least πŸ™‚

Micky
    The link has to have .jpg or .jpeg at the end of it (as I said the other day) πŸ™‚

‘Frankly horrified’ was poetic licence. πŸ™‚
    (otherwise known as sarcasm)

Chas
    I went to a google image. It was a jpeg. I right clicked then touched on copy. Came back here and pasted 😦

You have to go into ‘view image’ first else you’re still in the google search bit.

Laters

87. Where’s arnie this morning, I’m missing listening to a bit of sitar music πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

I’m waiting for Eddie’s views on……anything really

89. She’ll like my pussy πŸ™‚

90. No idea who Wenger will field tomorrow, but here’s my Fantasy PL team for the weekend. Need maximum points: ha ha

testing

Oh yes, I’m in the circle of inner knowledge
    Cheers Chas

93. That’s a bit like the Yoga photo Eddie posted the other day ha ha

Similar to Eddie’s pics. πŸ™‚

I’m on school run duty.

95. Well it looks as if I’m on my own then 😦

96. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all.
    Fell asleep in the chair last night and woke up at 3 oclock, with a stiff neck. I had been reading the days comments and surprisingly i dreamt about the AA crew, I found myself on a big double bed with a woman in glasses that had a withered hand who i must admit i found quite sexy, i had always thought that when dreaming you have no sense of smell, but when i awoke the smell of horse oils was quite strong for a short spell, Out side my lawn was being cut by a bit of a sort, who i imagine must have been Peaches,

On the Tele, which was on, was a long list of smutty jokes which just Kept rolling, and a raised loud voice downstairs arguing over the Arsenal who i imagined was Raddy, out side the bedroom door was a bloke rambling on about some story about Llama’s and camels that was not making sense and the lady on the bed was making what sounded like lovemaking groans. but i was no where near her.

Then the glass fell off the side of the chair and i was awoken, bugger me, must leave that last drink alone at night, and make sure the computer is off.

97. Peaches, ” a bit of a sort” πŸ™‚

98. Steve, you were dreaming of Terry Transplant mate πŸ™‚

99. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning NB, lucky the glass fell mate, as you would have probably turned up as well.

100. Steve, then it would have been a nightmare and not a dream πŸ™‚

101. Eddie dreams of me all the time, I’m sure ha ha

102. stevepalmer1 says:

πŸ™‚

103. Big Raddy……….. absent
    Rasp…………………absent
    Redders…………….absent
    Eddie………………..absent
    Arnie………………..absent
    Kelsey………………absent, dental appointment
    Chas………………..left early
    Micky……………….AWOL

Not a good attendance today 😦

104. stevepalmer1 says:

Watching the news on the tele and a guy on there with a breathalyser, talking about limits. Bout time they just made it illegal to drink and drive, what’s the point in just having one drink.

Surly it has to come, Then it will be something else to take away from the public.

105. Drink driving laws are idiotic, I prefer they just say no alcohol, then you know where you stand.

106. France is really bad for drink driving…… just as you would expect.

107. I’ve posted a superb Rack of the Day over on my site… anyone interested, and I know who you are GunnerN5,, pop over and have a looksy πŸ™‚

108. arnie says:

motning all.

NorthBank, on demand, Sir! not quite sitar today, but santoor. πŸ™‚

109. I’m talking to meself ain’t I, how sad is that πŸ™‚

110. Arnie, I think I may stick with Dire Straits ha ha

111. I don’t like cricket, oh no….

112. Duplicate comment πŸ™‚

113. Stuck in the middle with me….

114. arnie says:

that was folk music, now North Indian classical

early morning raga, Ahir Bhairav

i saw nudity and went to have some breakfast πŸ™‚

Why are married women fat and unmarried slim?

I like that jonny twitter, he is so funny

NB
    Arnie and GN5 will be over your place like a turd of hurtles if you guarantee smut
    All high and mighty about standards and offending women and whatnot over here, but it’s a facade, Pervs the pair of them πŸ™‚

Name the best striker in EPL ever. It was a subject on TalkSport yesterday. The top four was TH14, Drogs, Aguerro, Suarez. Some mentioned Shearer

118. Eddie

When they marry they are slim…….. in my experience

That’s the same Jonny who posts on ACLF, he is a funny bloke

One of the problems with ageing is my loss of memory. I forgot that if I start with beer at a late lunch, then get into gin and tonics late afternoon followed wine over dinner and post-prandial brandy that there are consequences.

Hence my non-appearance. Apologies both to my painful head and to the morning crew.

Right …… onto tactics -bollix

In the pub pre match there was mention of this as a family favourite

micky – a few years ago my son had a mate who confessed to my boy that he had fetish for women’s toes. He liked sucking on them. I refused to open the door to the perv

122. Raddy

I’ve always found it better to drink steadily all day, from 8am till midnight, no hangover and you actually never get really drunk πŸ™‚

123. arnie says:

chasing after men keep them slim and tidy. after marriage, all such purpose is lost, it is either chocolates or cream, or to drown their sorrows with kebabs and chicken tikka masala. πŸ™‚

nb – a single woman comes home, checks what’s in an empty fridge and goes to bed. A married woman goes to bed, has a look what’s in there and goes for a fridge.

125. arnie says:

I have a sneaky suspicion, Evonne has had a sneaky, hasty and flirty look at the naughty side. πŸ™‚

126. Eddie

The reason there is nothing in the bed for her is because she has been in the fridge too often πŸ™‚

127. Well, it seems as if you have arnie πŸ™‚

Ha ha
    The most sensible drinking policy is to start at 8am πŸ™‚

nb – good for her! chocolates never disappoint πŸ™‚

130. arnie says:

Yes, I did NorthBank, but a mild preference for 6:39 and 6:59. πŸ˜›

131. arnie says:

Steve’s nightmare was very nice. πŸ˜›

arnie – no, i’d rather listen to ‘your’ music

133. Arnie, if you’re referring to GunnersoreArse as the ‘naughty side’, I like that, πŸ™‚

134. Seems as if Eddie likes a bit os S and M πŸ™‚

135. Micky

It is actually very sensible, much better than binge drinking, which really isn’t good for the health πŸ™‚

136. Let me put it into statistic and tactical bollix, 2 glasses of wine per hour from 8am till midnight equals = 32 drinks. A binge drinker will consume the same amount from 8pm till midnight ie: 8 drinks per hour, then they will be staggering all over the place, probably get arrested for drunk and disorderly and have to pay a fine at court the next day πŸ™‚

137. arnie says:

Evonne. πŸ™‚

NorthBank. πŸ™‚

138. Nearly time for a new post, morning club is nearly over, who’s up for a posting……….. Eddie?

NB. Mathematically correct but the body cannot shed alcohol at the rate of 2 units an hour (could be more depending up wine glass size).

This may explain your need for an early afternoon daily siesta πŸ™‚

arnie. Really like the first “folk” music. Very relaxing

141. Come over to the naughty side πŸ™‚ *Darth Vadar

142. Raddy πŸ™‚

I didn’t take in to account my afternoon siesta of 2 hours, so deduct 4 glasses πŸ™‚

I’m never pissed actually, just nicely chilled.

143. Raddy…… you’ve edited………. I was just about to mention my afternoon siesta of 2 hours, so deduct 4 glasses πŸ™‚

144. arnie says:

Bhairavi in a Bollywood context. One of the greatest ever sequences

nb – have you convinced yourself? because you are not fooling anybody else. You is a drunk and need help. no smileys, i am dead serious.

146. bugger. see what happens when you edit after people have read the original, makes me look as if I’m drunk ha ha

147. Eddie,
    alcoholics go to meetings, I go to parties πŸ™‚

i didn’t say you are an alcoholic, I said you are a drunk. I don’t want to insult you, far from it

149. I blame it on three failed marriages, Eddie, perhaps you’re the women to finally get me onto the straight and narrow πŸ™‚

You didn’t insult me… I took it as a compliment

150. bloody hell Arnie, stop it πŸ™‚

151. The Arsenal have driven me to drink as well, I can’t just blame the women in my life πŸ™‚

i had 3 rubbish marriages too, drunk more than you, am t total now and need another man like a hole in my head πŸ™‚ thanks, but no thanks chris πŸ™‚

153. Now Arnie is fecking driving me to drink πŸ™‚

154. arnie says:

sorry, cannot find subtitles at the moment. 😦

off now, back laters. πŸ™‚

NB. My maths was wrong in the first version , so I edited

And if you start drinking at Oh Eight Hundred hours I may I say … Fair Play to your ability to remain Compos Mentis by the evening

raddy – I am watching a programme about guitars. Genuine, vintage objects of beauty were stolen, basterdised to conceal their true identity and sold (the fakes) to unsuspecting enthusiast. Shocking and sad

NB. Eddie is already promised πŸ˜€

some of those guitars were over Β£25k each. Stolen mostly from Verona

Ha ha NB

Firstly, totally agree about “meetings”.

Next up. 32 glasses of wine. 6 to the bottle. Just the five bottles a day. How totally restrained and reasonable πŸ™‚

oh yeah, sorry Raddy I forgot πŸ™‚ I must be about only 3 years left πŸ™‚

161. I was only jesting Eddie, I’ve been married to a French/Spanish woman, an Irish/welsh woman and a Yorkshire woman………… do you really think I now need a Polish/Irish woman, do you really think I’m that crazy πŸ™‚

A Yorkshire woman sounds truly terrifying. “Do this, do that, no not like that, I’m from Yorkshire don’t you know, yer southern bassterd”

absolutely πŸ™‚

Raddy voicing an opinion on other peoples debauched habits πŸ™‚

165. I know micky, but her Yorkshire puddings were just perfect πŸ™‚

One of my wives was Welsh. Her cakes were superb

167. A bit of welsh rarebit eh Raddy

168. After that melange of women, what could a Polish/Irish woman offer me that was better,….. Eddie? πŸ™‚

169. NEW POST, NEW POST……….. please now!

i am Polish not /Irish. Yorkshire women are pussycats by comparison

171. That’s it, I’m off to the bar, lunchtime drinks and then lunch…. and just to make sure that nobody thinks that I can afford 5 bottles of wine a day, I buy my wine at a co-operative, by the litre, 1,50 a litre. πŸ™‚

NB. I don’t think there is a new post. If anyone What to do??

173. Sorry, been out and about, there is a new post, just gonna sort it out, back in a bit.

174. Sorry Eddie, I thought you were a mix, Irish/Polish………. I know a woman in Marseille who is Polish/Irish, wicked sense of humour, and feisty ……….. just Polish heh, that;s nothing πŸ™‚

I’m defo off now… enjoy the tactics bollo and discussing how we are going to beat Stoke tomorrow and avoid injury πŸ™‚

bye bye

175. We have a New Post ……………………