Arsenal Purr

Weds Oct 1, about 7pm, and I’ve found the team news.

mickydidit89 says:

October 1, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Looks like the usual 4-1-4-1 thingy to me, unless Arsene is going for Ox alongside Flamini, which I would, as then Mesut gets the middle all to himself 🙂

………..Danny
Santi Mesut Sanchez
……..Flam Ox

Definitely can’t see it happening though

Got that wrong then. Our Smooth Talking Frenchie did go back to the 4-2-3-1 that gave Villa a good seeing to, but played Santi in the Rambo role alongside Flamini rather than The Ox, and thus we were treated to the speed of thought, ball and movement from Mesut, Ox, Alexis and Danny Welbeck.

We have not played such a fluid half of football since the home fixture against Napoli last term.

From Calum Chambers in his Budgie Blue boots (or were they Pistachio?), the whole side clicked and purred. A complete joy to watch. Our Pole in Goal managed to get himself sent off, which didn’t matter, other than it left one fewer player who didn’t get a rotational break ahead of Chelsea this weekend, but overall there was nothing to grumble about.

dw

Of course, the night belonged to Danny Welbeck with a hat-trick, alongside a superb goal by Sanchez. It was, however, the quality of the through balls for three of those goals, from Alexis, Mesut and The Ox, that caught my eye as much as the clinical finishing itself.

I watched the game with my Son, and as usual before the game, we discussed the possible outcome. One thing we did agree on was that with the quality of footballers such as Ox, Mesut, Sanchez and Santi, you always have the chance that if it “clicks”, it’s going to be good news for The Gunners and bad news for everyone else.

Last night, exactly that happened.

Finally, and on a sad note, I think we should all spare a thought for Louise Van Gaal this morning, who must be feeling a complete plonker.

Written by MickyDidIt89

And some player comments from chas.

Szczesny…..Didn’t have a lot to do before the penalty incident and it’s difficult to blame him too much for trying to stop a goal.

Ospina….. Made a few excellent stops, my favourite being a block with his feet from a player cutting in from the right. The North Bank chanting Os-pi-na (as in ‘you’re sh*t, ahhh’) every time he took a kick was really funny.

Gibbs….. Played very well, always provides an option. Deciding to play for offside in the penalty incident did Szczesny no favours.

Chambers….. What a buy! Whether it’s maturity beyond his years or a simple naivety based on a belief in his own abilities, Calum is as good at right back as he is in the centre and looks perfectly at home playing CL football.

BFG….. Class positioning and timing from the large German. What we’ve come to expect.

Koscielny….. Top quality performance from the boss. Fingers crossed for that ankle/heel.

Flamini.…. Made Carvalho look like a lumbering sloth tonight 🙂

Cazorla….. Santi was everywhere and conducted the Arsenal rhythm section superbly.

Ozil….. Some delicious passes, the man just oozes class.

The Ox….. Alex made some outstanding runs. He still seems to lack a little confidence but it’s coming.

Sanchez….. Another who just oozes. Assists, goals, tackles, dribbles, tricks, backheels. Just a delight to watch.

Welbeck….. First senior hat-trick and a smile as wide as van Gaal’s nose. A really special striker’s performance from Danny. One tucked through the keeper’s legs, the second bent around the outside by opening up his body and the third a deft chip. Glorious.

chas

153 Responses to Arsenal Purr

1. stevepalmer1 says:

Blinding post Micky and Chas, made me smile.
    Van Gall must be choking,

Horrible little shit.

Danny will fit in well, He has come of age and its in our shirt which has put a beaming smile on my boatrace.

As the post has stated all Arsenal players were on song, Danny The Ox Mesut Sanchy Gibbo Merts and Kos and Chilly chambers who always seems as cool as a cucumber, Flamester who bites your leg oyey oyey Santi, even Jack went down superbly on a few occasions, apart from the pig all Arsenal boys done well. Ospina came on to face a penalty and will have another goal against his name but he didn’t deserve that and i feel that goal should go down against the fool of the night.

Arsene still looked bothered on the touchline, even with goals going in he still looked like a smacked arse, but that is the measure of the man, never happy, but a sight happier than that fool Van Gall Come on you Gooners.

Hahahahahah

“a smile as wide as van Gaal’s nose”

Great stuff guys.

Chas

Love your style with the player notes. It’s a very personal thing, but I don’t like giving marks either.

“Cazorla….. Santi was everywhere and conducted the Arsenal rhythm section superbly”

Quite apart from the elegance of the sentence, this is very interesting, as I have only ever seen Santi as an either/or in the No10 Mesut role, but as you so rightly say, he really did orchestrate the tempo quite superbly.

Most definitely the positional find of the night. Bravo Arsene.

4. The Danny Welbeck Quartet…. playing at a venue near you every weekend. Danny ‘Boy’ Welbeck on vocals, Alexis ‘Gonzales’ Sanchex on lead guitar, Mezut ‘cool man’ Ozil on Bass and Alex the Ox on drums.

5. Norfolk Gooner says:

‘morning all,

Well done chasdidit, a great joint effort.

I didn’t get to see the game until nearly midnight, I’d set it to record before going off to the Ex-Serviceman’ Club where they were showing some bunch of northern wasters being bamboozled by a team from cuckooclockland.

I was carefully avoiding looking at the tele in case they put up the Arsenal score, when a “mate” came in, gave me a thumbs up and said “three nil at half-time, not bad”.

Still, it was a great night for Arsenal and especially Welbeck.

What is it with our ‘keepers and red cards at Champions League games?

I thought Rosicky had an excellent game, surprised he didn’t even get a mention.

Thanks for the post.

Lovely set of ‘feelings’ Micky and chas 😀

We can only celebrate such an exhilarating performance.

I think the team that played last night was close to our best starting 11 on current form (assuming those injured are available).

Eddie, I don’t know which game you were watching but Rosicky was trying hard when he came on but unfortunately looked pretty rusty and gave the ball away several times by being too clever when we just needed to control possession.

Hi Rasp

Interesting comment about our Best XI.

We’ve had the “Can Mesut play with Alexis” and “Can Jack play with Aaron?” and “Surely it’s Santi or Mesut?”, so I think the deeper-lying Santi opens a can of worms regarding that particular debate.

I said on here before the game that I was happy Jack was not selected as I felt we had lined up with players who moved the ball quickly and that has to help against the hard pressers 🙂

Hi micky, I agree. Jack looked lively when he came on and he offers something different to Cazorla for instance. But I thought Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, and the Ox were superb last night and the speed and movement of the interplay was mesmerising.

Flamini had a good game and played the deep MF role well I thought. We were helped by the fact that for some reason Galatasary didn’t really press us. I’d like to see how those 11 players would fare against a hard pressing side …. the chavs on Sunday?

Ramsey hasn’t been in top form and has tended to slow our play recently – the injury may give him a rest so he can come back refreshed, but had he not been injured, I still wouldn’t have started that game with either Jack or Aaron.

My guess is that Wenger had one eye on the weekend when he made his selection last night. It worked out well; Wilshere got a bit more recovery time for the weekend when his defensive skills will be needed in the middle of the park against the chavs.

———————–Szezceny

Chambers, Mertasacker, Koscileny, Gibbs.

———————–Flamini

—————Ozil, ————Wilshere

Ox, —————-Welbeck,———- Sanchez

I am very confident of this one, however if Sanchez is injured then Ozil will move slightly further wide and Rosicky or Cazorla will play next to Wilshere.

If that team starts then we will see Ozil start, for the first time, more centrally (The Ramsey role if you like) in a full blown blood and thunder game. Last night we got a glimpse but we will learn much more this weekend. Can’t wait should be very interesting.

11. wally says:

That’s more like it isn’t it. We saw the potential come to life. I think oz, sanchez and welbeck have super possibilities. Welbeck was so good playing all across the front, running beyond the defence, good finishing, all something we’ve lacked for several years. Great vision from oz! And i love sanchez’ work rate (sets an example), yes he gave it away but i find his aggressiveness and unpredictability to be refreshing and important.

The Chelsea game will be interesting. i doubt mou will allow it to be as open. i also doubt wenger will play so open given his comments about our defending after the match (that’s a shocker isn’t it).

For me the big thing is don’t give the ball away in our half (trying to dribble out out of trouble), don’t push the fbs so far forward, don’t concede in the first 20 minutes, be patient, be happy with a draw, let mou come to us and let’s use our pace to it’s full effect (don’t play tiki-tak, that favours chelsea). Maybe chelsia can be a positive statement of intent.

Well, I think quick movers will always do better against hard pressers 🙂

It’s these soft pressers Exile was on about what confuse me 🙂

Hi LB, I reckon you are right that AW will substitute Wilshere for Cazorla against the chavs, and I can understand why given his battling qualities – I just hope he and Ozil don’t get in each other’s way! Having the luxury of a player like Cazorla coming on from the bench is a real bonus.

Flamini against The Chavs really worries me, as they will target his short fuse.

You know, constantly flick his ears when the refs not looking, and snap the elastic of his shorts. Childish, but funny and effective at the same time.

I think he’s already picked up 4 yellows in the prem Micky – a couple more and he’ll face a mandatory suspension. It’s the nature of the beast!

Very funny stuff Micky and Chas 🙂

I think we have all been aware of the potential in our team/squad and wondering when it was going to click.

Let’s hope last night was the start.

We have to go into the Chav game intending to not lose. After that, who knows?

Good point Micky.

But no Flamini against the Chavs is perhaps just as worrisome 😦

I just love this headline…………………..our shadow must be covering N17 this morning.

Tottenham host Besiktas in Europa League as they look to recreate memorable European nights.

Hiya Rocky

Against the Chavs, I say “defenders, defend, and attackers, attack”.

Certainly a more controlled and disciplined performance from our FB’s than at the Bridge last season..

Let’s face it, it was the front four last night that did the damage, not zooming on FB’s.

Rasp

“Battling qualities” I like that.

Excellent stuff, Guys, well done. 🙂

A thoroughly enjoyable evening and one to savour as it caused no angst to the watching fans at the stadium or on TV.

The last 20 minutes showed that when our backs are to the wall, the defensive abilities of the team won through.

It’s easy to have a moan at Chezzer, as many of the ‘professional’ pundits did on TV last night.
    These things in football are decided in milliseconds and on another day he would have been lauded for a brilliant and brave save.

When I say ‘easy’ I mean to open their gobs, not to easy if they had to make the decision and act in a split second.

Oh no Rocky, I still think Flamini must start.

Ahh, a Micky / Chas combo post. What a beautiful duo, like Torvill and Dean…. or maybe a bit more laurel and Hardy….no on reflection maybe it is more like Jim carey and Jeff Daniels in that film, I forget its name. 🙂

Anyway thanks guys, your combined approach was excellent. What’s with all the “feelings” approach though, sounds a bit hippyish to me. I hope you checked with Raddy first because he owns the copyrights on hippy posts. 🙂

Chas i am really trying to work out what the smiley after Flaminis rating and comment was about, or who it may have been aimed at?? 🙂

Also Chas could we have a rating for the pre-match venue, the beer, and the pre-match company you enjoyed.

I had really been hoping that AW would try AOC and Alexis both at the same time as pacy wide players. I think that is when Ozil is happiest, pace to either side and ahead of him. Santi is great because he can play anywhere and (alongside Rosicky) is probably our most adaptable midfielder.

The big question is; is there any need to alter the starting line up for the weekend? That looked to be one of the strongest we have tried yet. The only decision for me may be whether to play Santi or Jack alongside Flamini in the heart of the midfield.

Oooo, there’s the lunch bell 🙂

Just quickly

GB
    I created the term “Match Feelings” because I am incapable of writing a technical MR.

Last night was so good but we should remember that Walcott is still a lot better and faster than the Ox on the wing.

Explanation accepted Micky, just make sure Raddy’s nose is not out of joint. Now off to lunch with you.

chas/GoonerB 😀 I think Carvalho would be perfect in Gunnersaurus’ position

LB, I think the return of Theo will be a nice problem to have. I find it hard to compare him and AOC. They both seem to be top level attacking wide players for me but with slightly different styles. I would say Theo is more specialised to this role alone while the Ox is more adaptable as a player but both bring a lot to the table in this position.

I would like us to use those 2 and Alexis as a rotating 3 of attacking wide players, in any combination you wish to choose, so that 2 of the 3 are always in our starting line up.

30. wally says:

Rasp,

I too fancy carvahlo but did you read didi hamaan’s comments about chambers?

Maybe the solution is in house. But given the shortages elsewhere it’s unlikely we’ll see him there this year. I’d certainly like to have a look see.

Hi wally, yes, we pretty much said the same thing yesterday, Chambers appears to have all the qualities to make a top HM. I was having a little joke about Carvalho with chas and GoonerB before the game yesterday, hence my ‘Gunnersaurus’ reference.

It’s fair to say that after watching that performance last night, Carvalho does not seem to be needed. As has been said many times, it’s how we perform against the other top teams that will define our season. So far we were outclassed by Dortmund but matched City, so the chav game will be very interesting. We must not be as naïve as last year and leave a 2 man defence exposed.

Ta for laughing at my few lines of scribble, everyone.

Micky
    Thanks for your matchy feely take on last night.
    As you say, when it clicks it is a thing of rare beauty.
    I’m still buzzing.

Gooner B

Pre-match venue…… 9.5
    (half a point deducted because Rasp had to use his satnav, though the appearance of that chap from Lord of the Rings almost retrieved it)

Faltering Fullback beer…… 9.5
    (super but half dropped as it would taste even better from an upstairs bar 🙂 )

Pre-match company…… 10
    (my favourite AA drink ever, I think)

On my second visit to the bar, the Irish guy spun my 10p change from the till towards my beers waiting on the bar. I think he would have achieved a perfect dunk but my hand snaked out and caught the coin 2 inches above the beer.
    He said, ‘That will be a good omen for tonight’.
    Bang on the money Mr. Barman.

This is the kind of heat map I really like……

I always get lost in the smoke of the big cities – I’m just a country boy

chas, mi ‘ol mucker – any chance of you educating me with the assists data for last night …. widgets for the purpose of ……

Yep, I’ll get back to you in a bit.
    I was going to have a close look on Arsenal Player for Danny’s second.

Rasp
    Apart from bitesize, it’s not on Arse Player, yet.

I’d like to give the assist for the second to Flamini as it was his header which was poorly headed by the Gala player on to Danny (I think it was the Flamster anyway as he seemed to be the only one wearing yellow boots?)

Therefore
    Alexis for Welbeck
    Flamini for Welbeck
    Ozil for Alexis
    The Ox for Welbeck

Ant reminded me last night how Felipe Melo was, at one time, LG’s cure-all for our defensive midfielder position.
    Haha.

This was my favourite track from Ant’s in-car playlist yesterday…

Though some of you will prefer the original…..

Not seen the game yet so cannot judge or comment except to say that getting the news at half-time in Malmo certainly put a spring in my step.

Rasp. Thanks for the vid. One of my all-time faves (both Albert Lee and the track)

If we come out of the Chav game without a loss, we can definitely call the first stage of the season a qualified success.

After that we enter a pretty decent run of games where we should be able to pick up a lot of points.

Win on Sunday and it will be an unqualified success.

Lose and… well… let’s not go there.

43. RC78 says:

I went to the Anderlecht – Dortmund game yesterday as I am based in Brussels and I can tell you that it would be a huge disaster if Arsenal does not win this game here in Brussels…Anderlecht is very poor technically and plays with little physical impact…

44. RC78 says:

As for the Sunday game…I would throw in Rosicky (I don teven like him but he s the only available midfielder left) in midfield to give a bit more maturity to our midfield. Matic is a real pain and so is Fabregas so we will have to basically have Rosicky harrass Matic and Wilshere harress Fabregas when they have the ball…

Oxlade will have a tough job to block his wing and so will Sanchez…Wellbeck will have to just play at Cahill-Terry’s shoulder line all the time since neither of them can catch him…

Szecesny – Chambers, BFG, Kos, Gibbs – Wilshere, Flamini, Rosicky – Oxlade, Wellbeck, Sanchez

45. Norfolk Gooner says:

Kieran Gibbs has been named in the England squad for the upcoming Euro qualifiers, along with Jack, the Ox and Danny. Calum is in the under 21s with Carl Jenkinson. I wonder which of those two will get the nod for the right-back position.

46. RC78 says:

Rasp – No Ozil…I think we need a bit more physicality to begin the game…No Ozil and No Santi but we have Oxlade and Sanchez who have a bigger workrate so that could be useful to start with…I think Chelsea will take the game to us and we need players that can really sustain the pressure and the intensity imho…

47. Norfolk Gooner says:

Flamini needs to be a bit more disciplined positionally for Sunday. He got booked on the edge of the Galatasary penalty box. He should have been nowhere near there.

Chambers was tending to drift a bit too far in-field when defending. At one corner, from the right, he was defending the far post, way out of position.

With the Ox and Alexis operating out wide they offer better cover for the full-backs, while Mesut in the more central position doesn’t have to track back quite so much.

That’s my take on the tactical bollix, except to say I hope to see the chavs defenders run off their feet by the pace of our boys.

48. 26may1989 says:

Hello all. What fun that was last night, and a great write-up from Mickey the Worzel and Chas of Sherwood to top it off.

They all played well last night. Were it not for the red card, a 6-0 was on the cards.

One of the things I thought was most interesting was that we reverted in effect to a 4231, with Cazorla alongside Flamini. It worked beautifully.

And now Sunday…… Certainly, the fluidity of last night’s performance gives us hope that as can be the ones to take the Chavs down a peg or two.

Thanks for the updated pre-match ratings Chas. I concur with your conclusions.

With Sunday’s game in mind, a few people have mentioned that the discipline, or lack of it, from our FB’s in terms of when to go forwards and when to hold back more could determine how we get on. I agree and think that will be a key area myself. We don’t want to sit deep and invite them onto us but we must show patience to win this game.

The other key area for me would be the line up and formation. I would like it to be the same or very similar to what we saw yesterday.

I wish we had signed Rickie Lambert instead of Welbeck. lol

Rasp – I watched Arsenal vs Galatasaray at the Emirated. It was a 19:45 kick off. What game did you watch?

Perhaps not Rickie Lambert, but what about Higuian last summer? We were gutted when he went elsewhere, but was it really a big loss? I checked his stats for last season and they are only mariginally better than Ollie’s. So what was the big fuss abourt?

LB and Eddie, I am delighted with Welbeck. He may still go through a couple of barren patches where we have to be patient (or maybe not) but for me he completely removes the need to look at players like Cavani, Benzema, Higuain e.t.c. The one player I would like, if it is true he has the much touted £20m release clause coming into force next summer, is Reus. I would say he would complete our squad in terms of attack and take it to a truly world class level, possibly even the best.

GB -as long as you are happy 🙂 I am happy with Welbeck too

If we had a really good manager like Rogers then we could have signed Rickie Lambert. lol

56. 26may1989 says:

Don’t know if any of you watch match coverage on Arsenal Player at all, but does anyone else think the service is getting worse and worse? The time between a match and when it appears on the Player seems to be getting longer all the time. The Galatasaray coverage, other than a minute of the goals, won’t be online until 11pm on Saturday. Bloody rubbish.

26 I have occasionally looked at it but not often. I just want them to bring back Arsenal TV again with Lofty at the helm.

58. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all,
    After last nights fine win many believe we have now cracked it and the team we had out should be the one to face Chelsea.

The Chelsea game away at the Bridge will be a different game altogether, They are a team or should i say squad of very good disciplined experienced players with a very accomplished Manager.

This game will be a match of both teams wanting to win, pride is at stake and Mourinho will want to get one over Wenger. Yes we had a fine win against Galatasaray but we need to be a lot more disciplined if we are to win away.

We will have a very good forward line attacking us, and we will have to stand firm, where we handled most threats the other night Chelsea will be a lot tougher. If we treat this game with thinking only about our own game we will be taken apart, we have to have a game plan as i am sure as eggs are eggs Mourinho will have

Eddie, I am glad you buy into my happiness.

LB you are having a bit of evil fun at Liverpool’s expense.

You are right Steve. These games have to be full concentration and discipline for 90 minutes. We cannot expect to blow them away. Player for player I feel the sides are fairly equal but it will depend on who gets the tactical feel of the game right on the day.

61. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening GB,
    Wenger seems to me, to set a team up and let them worry about us. Where i feel that we should have a game plan, and try to exploit them on the counter. Pretty certain Wenger would settle for a draw, but Maurine will want the win.

now steve, you say “squad of very good disciplined experienced players with a very accomplished Manager”. Manager with a capital M. And then you are surprised that nobody talks to you? 🙂 🙂

As I said last night – I much prefer games against weak opponents that we win. No idea what is the buzz about Big Games, bloody awful stuff

Biilly Connolly thought that his grandmother was from Ireland, but just found out that in fact she was born in India 🙂

64. stevepalmer1 says:

Sorry Eddie i bet ive missed you now, Dont want to upset you as your the only one who takes any notice, and GB of course, 🙂 Night nte sleep tight.

Sorry Steve, just put my daughter to bed. Your 9.10 comment resonates with me and is something I have said over the last 2-3 years. It is probably the main thing that frustrates me, and is the main weakness I see in someone I would otherwise see as one of the very best if not the best managers in the last 40 years. I have always felt it is Arsene’s purest and idealistic view, and his refusal to relinquish it under any circumstances, that has seen Maureen and Ferguson often out-manoeuvre him on a number of occasions.

That said I hope he gets the right set up and tactical discipline on Sunday because I feel we have the beating of them, even though it would be a tight win if we manage it. I don’t think that Maureen is more a tactical genius than Arsene, more just that Maureen will consider tactics and pragmatism while Arsene tends to push them to one side in favour of his footballing philosophies.

Overall I would far prefer Arsene’s general approach to the game but wish he would be a bit more pragmatic on the few occasions it is warranted.

Steve, I think everyone takes notice of your excellent comments. If it comes down to a toss up between reading yours and mine I am sure they plump for your more concise points, and save themselves half an hour to boot. 🙂

67. stevepalmer1 says:

Got to say i agree with all that GB keep our fingers crossed mate. Nte nte

68. stevepalmer1 says:

I never worry too much to be quite honest GB, Many supporters on here who are all excellent in there own ways, Make no mistake mate they dont miss much at all, and they certainly read yours mate.

Nite nite Steve and Eddie, Only about 6 1/2 hours before crack of dawn Micky and Chas come on.

Evening all, well played SirDidit and SirChas.

Loved the feelings and loved the ratings and of course loved the result.

The thing that interested me most was our shape last night with Santi occupying a much deeper space than Jack or Rambo do, and I wonder how Wenger viewed it, he could consider Santi a bit too lightweight for that role if Arteta alongside him but with a kick bollock and bite man like Flamini next to him it does give us another option.

But mainly I wondered whether Jack and Rambo play as requested or whether Santi adapted his game for the best interests of the team with his own football brain weighing up the best place to be. Contrary to Merson and Gale questioning his defensive ability I think he along with Sanchez and Welly is one of the better pressers of the ball, when he plays higher up he often looks behind him to see empty space in disgust, playing deeper he can press more effectively.

In other news just read this piece on the BBC about a possible ofcom review of TV rights sales, invoked by VirginMedia who obviously have some financial interest but the part about Monthly costs elsewhere in Europe was interesting, basically not only do we get the piss taken at the turnstile but Sky take the piss with the subs too.

Helps to link to the article when I say this piece http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29427511

Blimey Exile, you even wake up with everything switched on, engine running, and thinking bits all warmed up.

Come back to that link later

Haha Micky, my best ideas come to me in dreams, either that or my espresso was very stiff this morning.

Is it Moan Friday or whatever GB called it?

Funnily enough, I was talking to someone yesterday who didn’t look all lefty unwashed hippyish at all, and they were talking about “offloading” and how so many people’s illnesses are from bottling things up and anger.

Eddie
    Why aren’t we ill?

Do you have an expensive coffee machine.

Staying with my sister, she has one of those £800 things that do everything and grind beans and it also washes itself up.

I have a basic espresso thing, but can’t be bothered to fire it up first thing, can’t wait for that filter plunger thing either, so it’s straight in to the Gold Blend. Few massive tablespoon fulls, and make hissing and gurgling sounds as you stir it, and hey presto 🙂

I don’t like coffee, never have, not since my first coffee flavoured Revel.

I offered to buy the coffee amongst other sundries for the last lads and dads camping trip. I bought a Sainsburys version of Gold Blend and the coffee drinkers refused to drink it as it was “rancid”.

I do indeed. Francis Francis is an excellent piece of equipment. It does nothing but coffee, but it does it well. As strong and black as Danny Welbeck, delish.

Micky – I don’t do bottling things up, I wish I could. that would give me time to think first

fooking disgusting – Assem Allam says he will not invest a penny more into Hull unless he wins an FA appeal to change their name to Hull Tigers. The fans don’t want to be called Tigers, why would they? Most of them have never seen a tiger in Hull

Totts drew, nice.

I’m really interested in all that bottling up emotions and off-loading hippy nonsense.
    Though I think some folks actually benefit from having a bone to chew on all the time. 🙂

Chas

It was a very interesting conversation and I am now considering becoming a Hippy.

What’s the first step?

Where the hell is Omm when you need him?

drugs Micky – you need to start taking drugs. And then everything else will fall into place naturally

Eddie
    You mentioning Welbeck made me think about our summer transfer business.

Chambers, Debuchy, Sanchez and Welbeck.

Looks better and better with every passing game. Actually, change that “better” to “sensational”

continued – you will have no money for decent clothes and start pretending that plimsolls are the most comfy footware; you will grow your hair, coz a trip to a barber will be too expensive, you will talk through your elbow and think crap music inspiring. You might even go to India to find yourself and cheap drugs.

Oh God, Eddie, not all that again!

It is quite unbelievable how I’m still alive, don’t think I could go the distance again.

Is there such a thing as a clean hippy?

Grow a beard
    Cast off your attachments
    Wear robes whenever possible
    Love your transgressors
    Bathe in the gong
    Practise non-attachment
    Get your missus to wash your feet
    Wear a headband
    Know yourself

And when I say “clean”, I’m not referring to the lack of soap, as I assume that’s a given.

I’ve cut my own hair with clippers for the last 25 years.
    I must be on the right path.

At least you have the broken plimsolls already, DidIt.

Ok Chas, if I do all that just once (and I mean for one day only) can I revert to my old self and still be better?

not again??!! ha ha ha ha 🙂 It is hard being young, init?

A clean hippy is an old geezer that refuses to age gracefully. not our Raddy of course, but all those with grey ponytails and earrings, and colourful pieces of string round the wrists. Oh, and a chain round the neck

Evonne
    I think you might be tied up in thinking about the superficials.

I’ve no idea really, Micky.
    Best wait for Radford for proper info.

Micky I am on a capsule based machine, as promoted by Clooney, have to say it’s pretty good stuff.

I have tried a Bialetti pot which was also very good for not much more effort than boiling a kettle, but for ease of use this one is good, capsule in, water in, espresso out.

Mine will also make Latte and Capucinno for the ladies with a built in milk frother and all at one buttons press.

The only downside is if I want a proper double espresso its two pushes on the button and a capsule change.

I maybe not entirely be in one piece but I am back, so beware .:)

Unfortunately I was misdiagonosed so the next few months are going to be a bit traumatic.
    I have my own theories about our last two matches and will return when the new post goes up 🙂

Micky make you right about our summer spending, for a first “spend what you need” summer I think Arsene and Ivan did ok.

Welly’s pace has impressed as has his temperament, he said in his first interview that he has imagined himself playing up top for us previously, looks like he is starting to enjoy the reality.

101. Morning coffee drinkers

I have a neat coffee strainer that sits in the cup, it works like a Bodum but without all the washing up. One of life’s true pleasures, a cup of fresh coffee in the morning 🙂

Ahhh Eddie

Wrist bands. Now there’s something I don’t like.

You get the Dave Cameron type “I’m a bit sensitive and cool” type, then you get the “I care Help for Heroes Charity” type, then you get the “just been to a festival, but I’ll keep it on” type.

103. Morning kelsey 🙂

Love the caged child.

Being a hippy is a state of mind and has nothing whatsoever to do with robe wearing – though I have to say they are very comfortable.

Kelsey. Welcome back – you have been missed.

Daignosis, shmiagnosis. Doctors? They know nothing 🙂

106. What’s all this about the dutchman’s muted celebrations being a new code of conduct??????

Players should celebrate how they feel. Danny in front of the North bank after he scored his third the other night was awesome. Scoring in front of the North Bank must feel fantastic.

107. Raddy – have you watched the game yet?

Saw a benefits programme last night. A man in his late forties with 22 children gets £53000.00 a year and free housing.
    Nice work if you can get it.

Another one. A single woman with 8 kids all of assorted colours gets 800.00 a week and free housing.

Nice work if you can get it 🙂

Peaches. No. It still isn’t up on the Arseplayer

Just read …. £51 a month for the football package on Sky!! No wonder so many people use streams. Given the investment from Sky etc, I wonder how long the illegal streams will be able to function.

Crystals Dearest, what a pleasant surprise.

Less of a surprise is that you have your own take on recent performances 🙂

Raddy

threaten to leave and Sky reduce the package dramatically. I pay 35.00 per month for all sports and on demand.

Coffee flavoured Revels were always the short straw, put me off the drink for a long time as well. Orange were always the treat but I liked Coconut as well. Sigh, happy days.

not as harsh as you may think my old devonian cream cake.

Peaches. Have we a post for today? A Friday Moan?

If not I can muster a quickie

Crystals

£40k a year to look after 8 children on your own. Nice work? You’re mad 🙂

116. Ooops, no post ……….. just checking arsenalnuts

Oh come on Raddy, you know damn well how that line goes and it includes knocking out a quickie for Peaches. Come on, grow up 🙂

Frank Friday?

Kelsey 🙂 🙂 good to see you back x

diagnosis shmiagnosis is right 🙂

micky – re wrist bands – you are almost as tolerant as me

LB 🙂

Kelsey, glad to have you back, we’ve missed the crystals.

My life has been a barren wasteland without Kelsey’s match theories.

Hooray, abundance and joy are back. 🙂

I don’t like getting political but here’s a couple of numbers to mull over:

Total spend £673bn
    Pensions £139bn
    NHS £124bn
    Welfare £114bn
    Education £87bn
    Defence £42bn

So the blue rinse brigade would be on my agenda, I know I know everyone’s paid in, but if Job Seekers and Income Support is means tested why shouldn’t Pensions?

Oh I know why should they be penalised for saving? Because all that saving was doing the UK Govt out of VAT and Tax, it is in everyone’s interest to spend their wealth, because spending creates jobs, which means less welfare, which means lower taxes.

But hey that’s me a very liberal middle man, who doesn’t like communism or socialism or a massive class divide, just a little bit of equality of opportunity and status.

LB.

Is your ride around the parks like this?

Sarcasm,chas 🙂 I hope not.

I want to talk about

The NLD

Our Pole in Goal

Who would be my automatic names on the team sheet

Flamini re yellow cards

Arteta getting a one year extension

How much we got back from the Cesc sale to Chelsea, which GLIC asked about.

The reserves that we have,which are quite considerable

Wenger still trying to find which is his best formation allowing for current injuries

Diaby who has now picked up his 42nd injury since joining us.

Our current wage bill which is higher than United’s on the latest published accounts.

Podolski and Campbell.

Nice stuff Micky & Chas.

Kelsey my friend, good to see you back.

Misdiagnosis is the worst aint it? About 15 year back I broke my leg and the first night in hospital, high on morphine, I overheard two nurses discussing my case

“Poor man. The blood test revealed a rare and incurable disease. Hes probably got only a few weeks left”

In my morphined state I started sobbing and yelled out “NO”

The nurses ignored me and started talking about the purchase of a new oven, apparently bacon fat is absorbed instantly, whilst the bloke to my left started shouting “shut up yer f*uck”

I moaned and sobbed all night “Why me?”, “Oh Lord, why now?, just when my new hair lotion from Borneo is working”. All this whilst the man to the left proclaimed death for F*ucks was quite correct and proper “If I never had a tube up my arse , i would kill yer. Now shut it yer F*uck”

The next morning I woke to find my insulter fast asleep, but upon glancing to my right, noticed the men in that bed was no longer there.

I asked “What happened Nurse?” .

“Oh. unfortunately, hes been taken to the incurable blood disorder ward”

I yelled “Halleluja, Thank the Lord, Thank George Graham”

The nurse gave me a dirty look, whilst the man to man right, now awoken, screamed, “Remove the tube, ime gona kill the Bastard”

Terry. Hilarious

“Oh Lord, why now?, just when my new hair lotion from Borneo is working”.

Brilliant.

Kelsey.

NLD …. Boring
    TPIG …. Speak to Eddie although she wants to give him a stern talking to in person
    Flamini …. We all know they’ll come, I’m as worried about Chanbers as he cant be far off a PL ban.
    Wage Bill ….. Er they’re not AFC 2014 £161m, MUFC 2013 £180m ( and they haven’t published 2014 yet)

131. Sorry, had to pop out …….. nothing in nuts, Raddy can you cobble together a post?

Morning coffee snobs and welcome back Kelsey. See even a few days away and you have a multitude of things to get off your chest. I think we should make it another rant Friday just to allow Kelsey to let off some steam.

Like the story Terry. They produce marvellous things in Borneo. Best not ask what the ingredients were that you were smearing on your cranium.

133. arnie says:

knot ear, knot ear, knot ear! but absolutely brilliant motning batner!

Look forward to Lord Radlingham’s rant! With a refreshingly rejuveneted Crystals back in full flow.

Missed most of the fun from Sir ChasDidit’s fantastic job yesterday. Plenty to catch up on. 🙂

Terry. 🙂

Exile,

— I suspect you will change your mind about pensions when you get to retirement age. 🙂

— Pension income is taxed, as you know, just like any other earned income.

— Do you advise your clients to spend every penny they earn, to hell with providing for their old age, and let their family or the State take care of them in their dotage? 😉

Interesting. But then it is Friday.

135. arnie says:

It takes me 2 or 3 stiff doses of the pure black stuff to wake up in the morning. Dont care about proper stuff at that time. Just anything pure and black as mineral oil would do.

Instant it is then first thing in the morning. And a nice handmade double espresso when I reach work. No, no automatic stuff please. 🙂

GoonerB,

About your cavorting with camels — Vet? — Zoo — do tell! 🙂

Morning all 😛

The state pension is capped at £140 a week however much you’ve paid in by SERPS – that is not a living wage. Added to that the age of entitlement is getting older all the time. Means testing for pensions is fine but insulting people who have worked all their lives with so little and then breaking promises as to when they would get the pension is an absolute disgrace.

Hi Kelsey,

After the op, do we now call you Ms Kelsey, or what? 🙂

All pension gripes to Exile!! 🙂

The country should stop pissing all its money away on wars that can never be won.

Kelsey – GiE is right (always) and I can tell you all about Szczesny. He is a div. We were winning 3 nil and he took desperate measures to stop Galatasary scoring. Fattie and GiE think he should have gone with his arms stretched rather than aim to get the ball, but frankly he would do less harm if he did absolutely nothing. He can make saves and perform on the day, but his thinking lacks logic. There is such thing as Fuzzy Polish logic in maths, but he applies it (far too often) to football.

New post.

Hastily written with to a background of Heavy Metal…..

143. VCC says:

Kelsey 9:01…you tell em buddy 😉

Nice to see you back where you belong. Hope everything is fine.

144. 既読でしばらく返信がなくても一度気遣う振りして連絡してみて このときも死にます裁判しますと脅したが主婦には通じず、
    準備とかプランナーに相談しながら、内容が受けるか考えて鬱になりそうになるのが大半、結婚前の試練だわ。 サイトアドバイザーの神原響子って、すごい失礼。クレームこないわけ? 結婚メッセージ英語名言

どうして埼玉の人は3万200円とか出すの? 謙虚さのかけらもない現代人は救い様が無い 結婚できない男 6話

白石、橋本、生駒、高山、松村なども全国テレビに出て
    キャバクラの系列店を移動させられるキャバ嬢みたいだな。

148. akbme.Com says:

どうでもいいが、よく単発でこんだけ叩く奴が現れるよな~
    名古屋人は何か文句言う前に自分とこの民度をまずなんとかしろ
    そして、いつも応援してくださるみなさん…どうか見捨てないでね。・゚(´pωq`)゚・。

149. I go to see daily some web pages and information sites to read content, except this blog provides quality based content.

150. Since Biotin is a herbal nutritional product they’re worth expect the supplements to get harmful.
    Hair is also important part plays part for having complete
    beauty. Biotin jamieson They will also be loaded with vitamin D
    and vitamin B12, that are both great for your hair.

Vitamin C for Hair Growth- Vitamin C is useful for cold and
    cough nevertheless, you will surprise to know
    which it is very necessary for the healthier hair too.
    While women are more likely to are afflicted by stress- or medical-related thinning hair, some women also suffer from this condition.