Friday’s Rant

What is it you find disagreeable ?

Here is a starter ….

Complaints about Stan Kroenke taking money out of the club: Why?  When I owned a business if one of my customers told me that I couldn’t take a smidgeon out to enjoy a self-finding mission to the Berkshire countryside I would have given them short shrift (whatever a shrift is?). The man has invested heavily into AFC and yet to take a dividend, his company did some work for the club, they got paid. So what? Anyone who thinks Silent Stan is in it for anything but profit is beyond naive.

Unknown-1

Needs money for a decent haircut.

The price of piss-weak beer at The Emirates. I do not mind paying big money for a ticket nor for a Chinese child slave produced replica shirt but I object to drinking low alcohol lager at premium beer prices.

Mobile phone conversations. It should be mobile free inside the stadium. Do I give a monkey’s whether the bloke sitting next to me has to pick up his daughter from riding classes after the match? No, I do not, nor do the 20 people who can hear his inane conversation.. Nor am I interested in whether the twat behind me wants to buy pork belly shares at €1.22 and will not pay a cent extra. I am there for the football and so should they be.

This isn’t football related but I am writing this and you aren’t 😀 ……

The “It should have been Me” and why isn’t it?  These blokes are around the same age as me and some of the chaps on AA. Just check out the crowd reaction at 1.33. You may not like the music but imagine it was you up on that stage instead of Brian Johnson (lead singer)….. just imagine (play extremely loud)

146 Responses to Friday’s Rant

Lovely stuff Raddy. Re AC/DC, did you read that Malcolm Young has had to quit the band as he has dementia – only 64 😦

Sorry, I forgot to write “written by Big Raddy”. Just so you know who to complain to

There is something very disturbing about the idea of a man who likes dressing up as a school boy.

The ticket gross would be impressive though.

Cheers, BR.
    I’d like to find out a little more about the ‘self-finding mission to the Berkshire countryside’. 🙂

Stan needs to ditch the syrup and try out some of that new hair lotion from Borneo.

How is it possible that people can moan about ticket prices but still pay for food and drink at the stadium? Utterly ridiculous.

I can’t say I’ve ever heard a mobile phone conversation at the Emirates. No-one can get any reception. 🙂

Watching the video from 1:29 was very impressive indeed and I started to think ‘It could have been me’, but then reading Rasp’s comment killed that mood completely. 😦

I can’t understand going to a gig where you can’t see who’s playing except on a big screen.
    The ones I go to, the lead singer often gets off the stage to have a jump about with us.

My rant is about footballers growing beards and having those ridiculous haircuts where it’s shaved right up to the parting and then really long on top. Surely every right-minded person finds Tim Howard’s beard offensive?

Rambo was twice the player last season when he wasn’t so concerned about his appearance.
    Hopefully, he’ll go back to being clean shaven and skim his hair back to a no.2 while injured. 🙂

This photo of Adam Clayton from Huddersfield Town sums it all up.

7. Chas

And players getting expensive hair transplants because they think it will make them play better. Obviously didn’t work in Rooneys case
    🙂

That Adam Clayton fellow looks a complete chump.

9. And did you see Adebe the whore the other day… he looked as if he’d just stepped out of a 70’s blacksploitation movie.

Sure is quiet on the blogs at the moment.

Is it an Arsenal thing, a football thing or a loss of enjoyment in blogging overall?

Thankfully our merry band of brothers write something every day even if our audience diminishes.

Thanks Raddy, you have really put in a blogging headline post shift this week.

Silent Stan and that Clayton fellow have obviously come under the influence of Mr Terry (as the ladies in Borneo called him). “Come and try this my lovelies, made from the purest parakeet saliva and monkey urine”. In fact I can see Terry’s hand in all the current football related facial and cranial hair disasters. The level of infiltration is so frightening that Scotland Yard are considering listing it as a cult.

RA, from the last post. Sorry there is no point elaborating now. I have quit my job as a camel wormer and I am now seeking a new venture. Just heading off to the Berkshire countryside to find myself and contemplate my re-birth.

12. arnie says:

Brilliant stuff, Raddy. A rant day, ah what pleasure! 🙂 🙂 🙂

First of all, apols for joining the band of know ears for a while. 😛

Second, a question: How does the reaction at 1:33 compare with the collective orgasm at teh Ems when Welby scored the hatrick? 🙂

on to my own rants nexts. 🙂

13. arnie says:

Rant 1. Champions League – Group D Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray on Weds was just fooking brilliant. Having said that, my expectations from the club, manager and players is very high. Unrealistic, maybe, but rightly so! 🙂

I want Arsenal to win the CL during Wenger’s regime, and therefore take a firm step towards that direction now. This year. So, along that objective, where are we?

When was the last time, before the hapless Turks, that we won at home? Against the even more hapless Turks, Besiktas in a must win game on 27 Aug. And before that, Match day 1, against Crystal Palace on Sat 16 Aug. Both were scrappy wins.

When was the last time we won handsomely. Against Shitty in the Community Shield. Not bad, I say.

However, since then we have dropped points at home against Shitty and the N17 scums. Disaster!

Away from home, we were summarily thrashed by Dortmund, and drew against Everton, Besiktas and Leicester! eh!

So, where are we then? I think the weekend will show. But I expect a lot from the team, and am grumpy at the peanuts that are on offer at the moment.

COYG. Come on, make me happy, make us happy. 🙂

14. arnie says:

Rant 2. Why is it that I am beginning to like the Mancunian? Yes, young fella, nice smile, nimble feet and all that. But still a Mancunian.

Why do I have to start liking a Mancunian? Life is so harsh! What can I say! 😛

15. arnie says:

I look upon Tim Howard’s beard as an opportunity for the diminutive Welby to pull at it behind the backs of the ref and irritate the goalie! 😛

16. arnie says:

GoonerB. From a couple of days back I think. I wish it was a little bit of “man-love” 😛 But unfortunately no such luck. Until he has unambiguously shed the Mancunian in him! 😛

17. arnie says:

Rant 3.

18. arnie says:

19. arnie says:

And before I get too grumpy:

20. arnie says:

And here is Raul Meireles and the wifey for comparison …

… with Tim Howard, of course

21. arnie says:

Feck. here now

Very good BR.

Like Chas, I feel we need more information about your self-fondling trip in Berkshire. Isn’t Berkshire rhyming slang?

My rants are all a bit boring and predictable: co-commentators who all seem to hate Arsenal; the queues to get food/drinks at half time – I seldom buy anything but I can’t understand why, when creating a brand new stadium, they didn’t make more fan amenities available. I was at a New York Yankees baseball game last week – it was a big game because it was one of the last games of their legendary captain Derek Jeter. Their new stadium is amazing and has so many different types of fast food available (and booze) that no-one has to queue. I know many of us don’t go to game to feed ourselves, but when it’s as well done as it is at Yankee Stadium you can make a bit of an event of it – drinks with mates at one of the numerous bars; a bite to eat – all before the game starts (or during if you prefer).

23. arnie says:

Rant 4.

Arnie 2.28, I know a man crush when I see one….

BTW Raddy I love ACDC and posess a couple of live CD’s of them. I had hoped they would do one more live tour over here but with that news it is maybe unlikely.

I haven’t even had a rant. I don’t have too much to rant about this week so I will stick to one, which I was discussing with Chas, Ant, Rasp and Peaches at the pre-match. In reference to the Turkish clubs I feel UEFA have been far too soft with them. All these throat slitting gestures, attacking of away fans, and welcome to hell crap bloody annoys me.

The media pass it off as devout passion but the combination of romanticising it and UEFA’s lack of cajones in dealing with them has self perpetuated this image and hype so that they feel they have to enhance it further.

IMO Turkish football clubs should have suffered a 3 year ban from participating in Europe already until they clean their act up. The same could be said of some other countries, or at least certain clubs within those countries.

Rant over

Actually re-reading my first line of my 3.01 it doesn’t quite come across right, and makes me sound the dodgy one. I can assure you all Arnie is the dodgy one, not me. 🙂

26. arnie says:

GoonerB. Agreed. I mean about the Turkish fans. 😛 Which team gets penalised for their throwing flares in the Ems?

27. arnie says:

Regarding the dead, about whom no ill will be spoken!

Sterling stuff Sir Radford, thank you. 🙂

It may be a pocket-sized Post, but punchy none-the-less, and deserving of a higher number of comments. [What d’ya mean, ‘I have only just turned up’?]

I’ll have you know that I have been busy trying to track down a camel wormers job for GoonerB, and I was thrilled to find just the one – there are a couple of issues, but he can work thru’ them.

1. It’s in Egypt. Well that’s where you find yer average camel, innit?

2. I had a small problem with translation, and it might have been for a ‘camel warmer’ but reading GB’s first line at 3:01, a dodgy character like that won’t have a problem sharing his love with a camel.

I am at your service! 😀

One of my favourite non-football clubs, Ricky.

The thought of watching the Yankees at the Yankee Stadium makes me dribble. Haven’t been for so long. 😦

Have you been to the see the Giants at the MetLife Stadium? Very different but still great! 🙂

arnie,

You have solved something that has been nagging me.

I heard two bits of Arsene’s interview. Part of it was that Cesc [can we still call him that?] had decided to go to Chelsea and not to Arsenal – the bastard.

And the other part was that we had too many ‘creative’ midfielders in Cazzor, Rosicky, Arteta and of course Ôzil.

Now the latter seemed to imply that we had too many players for Fabregas the Bastards position, and we did not want him.

By telling us that a deal between Barça, Chelsea and the Bastard had been done 7 months earlier, the two parts came together — Cesc Bastardo did not want us — and we did not want him. So there, you bastardillo! 🙂

Okay BR here’s my Friday rant.

The serial fouling inflicted on Arsenal players is –

a) a contributing factor in our injury crisis
    b) overlooked by the officials
    c) ignored by the pundits and commentators
    d) an accepted tactic used by the opposition

Have brought the blog to a crescendo of muteness, again, I will be on my way. 🙂

Okay,

Another rant that will not be popular.

Why do we turn on players who have served us well just because they choose to join another Pl club?

I read all of the reasoning but I feel that a players career is very short (6/12 years on average) so they have every right to decide their own future whether it be for footballing or financial reasons.

I am often unhappy to see them leave but I’m only bitter about what could have been if they had stayed and not the fact that they made a personal choice……

34. arnie says:

Redders. Barstewardillos indeed! 🙂

GN5. We have to live with this difference of opinion, I am afraid. 😛 But, not to speak ill of the dead! 🙂

35. arnie says:

On the question of beards, if only they were this remarkable: 😛

arnie, 🙂

GN5, I am sure you do not take anything I type seriously, if my intent to be jocular was what stirred you to action. 🙂

I am completely indifferent to players moving clubs, it is just another facet of what we have all done at some time or other.

Disappointment if someone I value leaves, regret if a contractual dispute causes a schism, and delight if a ‘good un’ joins us, but that is about it.

37. Shard says:

Yay.. A Raddy Rant day today.

I’m sorry for not being around. Been very busy, what with planning future trips, arranging for some goods to be transported across the country, and trying to learn ways to analyse balance sheets (accountants on this site came to mind more than once), I haven’t had much time for anything.

Also busy with the festivities around. It is Dusshera today, which signifies the victory of good vs evil, and so although it is a couple of days later, the Arsenal – Chelsea match is bound to go our way. Divine intervention and all. Maybe ref Atkinson will pull a muscle or something.

As for Fabregas, I think the same way as RA. The most significant thing for me was that Wenger said he didn’t speak to Fabregas directly at any point during the transfer because when he was informed the impression he got was that the deal was already done. I suspected we were being played off against Chelsea to simply get more money for Fabregas. We had no real need to sign Fabregas and we certainly weren’t going to match Chelsea’s offer and get into a bidding war to get him.

38. Bayonne Jean says:

Word is that AC/DC will be touring with a replacement for Malcolm Young. But that’s like replacing Keith Moon — never the same.

I find the use of the word ‘rant’ does not really match up to the civilised and rational comments emanating from the vast majority of AA bloggers.

I have to say, that there are a small number of my fellow bloggers such as LB, Micky, Sir Radford and others who have taken up the Post cudgels and given us focus, and to paraphrase Sir Winnie Churchill;

– Never in the annals of AA have so many bloggers owed so many Posts to so Few.

Knew his stuff that chap! 🙂

See – not a rant – more an observation.

Oh I see how it works now, the Friday rant is a time when people can come on and say what is bothering them.

Hmmm, can’t think of anything to moan about.

Hi Shard. 😉

Laterz.

42. arnie says:

Happy Dussehra, Shard and everyone. 🙂

Now you can guess what I have been busy with past few days. Only place in bloody Botland where you have the Durga Puja celebrated is Glasgow, which is bloody 90 miles away from home. Extended family around, coordination, transport and all, bloody nightmare. But great fun nevertheless. 🙂

It looks fairly conclusive now: Fabregas was simply using Arsenal in an attempt to improve the deal he already had on the table with Chelsea.

So the, I phoned Arsene first stuff, is absolute tosh.

I had given him the benefit of the doubt and was a bit surprised by GIE’s comment in the week suggesting that Fabregas’ agent was just using Arsenal to improve the offer they already had.

Oh well, I suppose it is a good thing to have been able to retain a bit of innocence after all these years.

44. Shard says:

Haha arbie. I already knew that would be the likely reason for you being a knot ear. 🙂

Happy Dussehra to you too.

45. Norfolk Gooner says:

‘afternoon all,

Oooh a rant day! Kushti!!

My rant, Uefa are to take action, over the flares let off and thrown on the pitch by the Galatasary fans, against…ARSENAL.

46. Shard says:

Yikes…arnie*

Come on LB there must be something. For instance how is the standard of the beer in the twelve pins now? Or how about ranting about annoying Tony Cottee lookalikes tearing around Hertfordshire in 3 wheeled vans upsetting the ambience of your cycling trip?

48. Shard says:

RA

You might not have the same comic qualities as Mr Mancini or Cockie, but you always make me laugh. Such an erudite person using the ‘lingo’ of the masses in the way you do puts a smile on my face.

🙂

(An illustration of my face)

Arnie (3.51) I told you mancini is out of control with his Borneointment. He’s aiming for world domination.

RA, firstly your 3.33 can officially be classified as your Friday rant. Secondly your 3.18 I am not sure if you are promoting yourself as a carees advice service or as a dating agency?

Egypt eh, mmm, have car will travel…

50. arnie says:

yes, Norfolk just as suspected:

And happy diarrhoea to both of you too Arnie and shard.

My rant of the day?

Third Party Ownership……I wonder if we are willing to deal with them? And if not could it block Carvalho’s move?

LB they were up my suspicions on my part although I think I’ve heard them repeated on podcasts (possibly Guardian or Times ones by reputable journos).

53. arnie says:

GoonerB. 🙂 Not sharing the gulab jamuns, though. 😛

54. Shard says:

I can’t seem to find the rule under which Arsenal are being investigated by Uefa. They state Art 16(1) DR as the rule but in the only copy of CL rules that I can find the relevant rule would seem to be Art 6.(3)

6.03 The home club (or the host association) is responsible for order and security
    before, during and after the match. The home club (or the host association)
    may be called to account for incidents of any kind and may be disciplined.

I suppose a preliminary hearing against Arsenal is ok within the rules, but I would be angry if it came to be that Arsenal have to pay a fine. I can’t remember other clubs being made to pay a fine for similar incidents.

The only justification for it could be that the response of the stewards wasn’t good enough. Neither in stopping the Gala Goons, nor in clearing the field of the flares. All the same, it seems ridiculous to punish Arsenal for vandalism of the Turkish fans. We’ll see.

Also, I hope there is a provision for making Galatasaray pay for the damage at the stadium, but I am certain that won’t happen. As I recall, Dortmund fans caused some damage to the seats too.

55. Norfolk Gooner says:

Rant 2. BLATTER

56. arnie says:

Lest we forget, this week also:

57. Norfolk Gooner says:

I’m enjoying this, how many rants can I have? 😀

58. arnie says:

Norfolk, I thought the rule was 5-a-day. But I could get to only 4. 😦

59. arnie says:

Rant 5. Too much agreement on AA. 😦

Done now.

60. Norfolk Gooner says:

Rant 3, The bloke round the corner who goes off to work on his very noisy motorbike at 6.30 am, which can be heard for about four miles as he roars along the A140 towards Norwich.

Has he no respect for the peace and quiet of the countryside and the broken sleep of the retired?

61. Norfolk Gooner says:

5? Well done Arnie, I’m all ranted out, now I’ll go and take my medication. 😀

I return only to find arnie and Shardo wishing me a ‘happy Dusseh RA’.

Wass a Dusseh fingy then? Eh? 🙂

I don’t do rants but observe certain things being a realist 🙂

One thing I noticed more and more against the spurs was the failure to deliver a decent corner.We had 15 and at the 14th. with time running out, Kos clearly made a hand gesture to keep the ball low but it sailed past everyone for a throw in to spurs.

This new man Bruce Forsyth is he being paid to increase our injury list or reduce it. 🙂

Looks like Barnet @ 4.47.

Many a happy afternoon spent at Underhill.

Another bugbear. Why can’t commentators learn there is no T in Wilshire??

Look it seems I have to reveal my inner secret rant to separate it from mere observation.

This is just between us, and the hundreds of others reading, so don’t tell anyone.

My rant concerns the way girls have their wicked ways with me, and then having seduced me, dump me and move on to Terry and Cockie.

With every girl who captures my heart I cannot help saying, ‘tonight you’re mine completely, you give your love so sweetly. Tonight the light of love is in your eyes, but will you still love me tomorrow?’

Seeing my doubts, each one always whispers soothing words in my ear, and confirm the message with their tongues, but ….

Inevitably I find myself asking, ‘is this a lasting treasure, or just a moment’s passing pleasure?’
    I want to believe them, I do, but can I believe the magic of their sighs, and so I wonder if they will still love me tomorrow?

Last night I said to Big Bertha, ‘Tonight with words unspoken you say that I’m the only one for you. but will my heart be broken, when the night meets the morning star?

All night I worry, and can only get to sleep by saying, ‘I’d like to know that your love, is love that I can be sure of, so tell me now, cause I won’t ask again, will you still love me tomorrow?

And with her warm reassurance I slip into untroubled sleep.

Then when I wake …… she’s gone. Bollix.

OK, rant over. 🙂

Now, remember, that’s just between us.

When will Sir Radford learn that there is only one ‘I’ in Wilshere? 😀

RA

that’s what happens when you pay for it 🙂

RA. 😀 😀

And I fully understand why ladies leave you for the delights of THMT if you churn out that corny Carole King line.

BTW I haven’t forgotten my promise…..

Love Rant Friday Raddy, and thank you.

I’m amazingly calm right now, so give me a minute or two to warm up 🙂

No Crystals, it’s when you don’t enough 🙂

Ooops

No Crystals, it’s when you don’t pay enough 🙂

Got it

Fixtures not being at 3pm on saturday, if I want to go and watch, as sometimes later on Sundays or even Mondays works quite well for us telly watchers.

In other words, I rant at the timings when it suits me 🙂

The late CL midweek games annoy me. It is all well and good if you live in the UK (GMT) or Spain (where no-one gets up before mid-day) but for us folk who live in the Dark North it is a pisser of the first order.

Try getting up for work at O Six Hundred hours when you have been on the ale and red wine until late watching the boys in red and white.

I am happy to take your word for that, Kelsey, I am still young enough not to have to — and in England they just lurve my accent.

Micky, we all pay one way or another — cash or kind! 🙂

Randy, I heard Amy Winehouse sing it ( she was superb). I did not know Carol King sang it. (Who she?)

I am really looking forward to your musical rendition – I love music and people like you singing – and part of that is probably because I cannot – I sound like a flat foghorn when I sing (which i never do nowadays – I was OK as a kid, until my voice broke.) 🙂

Hi Raddy

Agree about Stan. I’d of thought he’s about the perfect owner. Hasn’t leveraged the company, takes nothing out and doesn’t interfere with football matters.

GB

Nope, I don’t really have any pent up Arsenal related rants I need to get off my chest.

I think we have made great signings, I think we have a great squad, I think we have a great manager and I am happy as Larry to support the club that I do.

I will try and think about something to moan for next Friday.

I have never liked Leeds United FC.

Despicable fans, rubbish club. Just the names Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter and Johnny Giles make me angry and then there is that buffoon Jack Charlton.

They deserved our left-overs ….. Lukic, a ruined Rocastle, Lee Chapman, David O-Leary, George Graham etc etc etc

Sir Red Arse. Shame on you. Carole King wrote the song amongst many, many others. Google her and be amazed.

and the shirelles had a huge hit with that song

Raddy, I don’t think underhill is in use any more though not entirely certain. i wonder if it is Borehamwood.

Sorry, Sir Rad,

My famous (infamous?) memory let me down momentarily, of course Carole King sang ‘it might as well rain until September’ and I love her singing too.

I have quite a collection of ‘Best of’ albums for many artists, but sometimes I lose track – as Classic music is my first love. And you – obviously! 🙂

GB. Underhill. I just checked

GB,

Arsenal used to rent Underhill from Barnet for their reserve games.

Reserve games have been replaced by U21 matches, Barnet have moved from Underhill, and no, Arsenal no longer play games there.

I went there many times over the years – and so did the lovely CharyB. 🙂

Erm,

I came into that conversation between Randy and GoonerB 007, without reading how it started, so, if I have confused matters re. Underhill please accept my apologies. 🙂

It Should Have Been Me:

I saw my love walking down the aisle
    And as he passed me by
    He turned to me and gave me a smile

Then the preacher, then the preacher
    The preacher joined their hands
    And all the people, the people began to stand

When I shouted, it should have been me
    No, it should have been me
    You know it should have been me
    Baby how can you do this to me

You made a promise that we’d never part
    Then you turned around and you broke my, my heart
    Now you’re standing there saying “I do”
    Holding hands with somebody new

When you know that it should have been me
    No, it should have been me
    Oh, it should have been me
    Baby how can you do this to me

Then the preacher, whoa yeah
    The preacher asked that there be silence please
    If any objections to this wedding
    Speak now or forever, forever hold your peace

And I stood up and said it should have been me
    No, it should have been me
    Jumped out of my seat and screamed it should have been me
    Oh, don’t blow away my mind
    People, believe me, that man is mine
    It should have been me
    No, you know it should have been me
    Oh, it should have been me
    Oh, somebody call the police
    That woman down there is a doggone thief
    It should have been me
    No doubt, it should have been me
    Oh, it should have been me

Radster you old romantic. 🙂

I love that song!!!

Hello Redders
    Back again.

No – I’ve never been to the Giants stadium. I can’t say I’m a huge baseball fan but I do enjoy going to any big sporting event if I get the chance.

It was Jeter’s second last home game and the atmosphere was great (although DJ didn’t shower himself with glory by hitting a home run).

Did you see the clip of the guy who managed to catch a Jeter foul ball a couple of days earlier – he was so thrilled and he handed it to his young daughter (about six years old). She promptly chucked it back on the pitch… Good arm, too!

The clip is one Youtube – very funny.

Gn5
    Your 3.35pm is 100% right.

I haven’t seen it Roocky, 🙂

I had a NY mate on another blog, who is a big Mets fan and he used to keep me up to date with both the Yankees and the Mets news/rumours/match reports, and he also shared with me a love of the Giants. [We probably bugged the Arsenal bloggers, who somehow tolerated us – in small doses.] 🙂

Unfortunately we lost touch about year ago – he had pressure of work issues and a new family addition. My loss.

I have not lost interest, but the time difference has made me put things on the back-burner, other than checking the scores. But the Giants game against the Falcons is on Sunday (6 p.m. UK) but the departure of ESPN means there aren’t to many games shown on TV over here. 😦

Reeky,

You seem to be dipping your toe in the AA waters a little bit more lately – so can we expect another Racky Post in the nearish future? 🙂

Anyway, Big Bertha is here and I am too scared to stay on chatting to you -so, gotta go!!

Good talking to you, Rinky. 😀

Kelsey you have just awakened a rant in me…..those bloody corners, left footer taking out swingers…..I don’t get it! There must be some plan, maybe Mesut is supposed to be bending it back towards goal to take them by surprise on the 10th one or maybe it’s supposed to tempt the keeper into no mans land? But I can’t see how it makes a goal scoring opportunity and why BFG and Koz bother going up, we may as well play a one two and start again.

I too think that Kroenke is a perfect owner. He keeps his views to himself, doesn’t go to all the games sitting there like Abramovitch with a teenage girlfriend and a face like a slapped arse; doesn’t attempt to run the team or impose transfers. And last but not least – does not want to change our name to Arsenal Lions/Donkeys or Giraffes or shirt colour to blue. Perfect, he has my vote of confidence.

I am too angry tonight to moan.

I changed my mind – I am going to moan – fooking internationals next week!!!!!

thanks for the post Raddy

Haha Eddie, I did hear on another podcast that Kroenke attends more games than he is credited with he just likes to remain silent.

I am pleased the international break arrived for one reason, it reminded me that Welly is two years younger than Sturridge, what an absolute steal we’ve got!

Why angry?
    Let it out.
    Offload.

95. arnie says:

run for cover. Evonne is angry! 😛

96. 26may1989 says:

Am late to the party, but got to get in a few rants:

1. English players who whine about too many foreign players here while not having the guts and ambition to play in a different league and live in a different country themselves, preferring to trouser easy money while not developing as players.

2. English referees, especially their tolerance for the violent arts in the game.

3. Anyone who believes any transfer rumour without something real to back it up, and then holds it against the club when we don’t sign the rumoured target, as if it were ever real.

4. The club for bollocking the move to Ashburton by not moving the clock, not replicating the names of the stands and generally not realising how important identity is to fans.

5. Those who dismiss women’s football.

6. The dim-wittery of so many pundits, who clearly know less about the game than many fans.

7. Anyone in the game who doesn’t take the care to understand the rules of the game, especially how the offside rule now works (and then complains about late flags etc).

8. The Wenger haters who refuse to acknowledge the impact of having no transfer budget for 8 years. What the man achieved in those years is utterly remarkable.

9. Sycophants who suck up to Ferguson and Mourinho.

10. Referees who don’t have the guts to show a few early yellow cards when teams stick the boot in from the off – a few cautions gets them under control, none just invites more of the same.

11. Chelsea – have always hated them, always will.

12. FIFA.

13. Stewart Robson – just what is the pigging problem, what did Wenger do to him, to prompt such a continual flow of bitterness? I really liked Robson as a player, which only makes the sense of disillusionment with him all the worse.

14. International friendlies. What. Is. The. Point?

Christ, I think I have some anger issues…..

But Redders, you didn’t know who Carole King is? Come on, a man of your fine breeding?!

97. 26may1989 says:

Love GN5’s 3.45 comment: ex-players should always be welcomed back with warmth, except when they abuse the club or the fans on leaving, as Adebayor and Nasri did. It will feel mighty strange and not very pleasant to see Fabregas play against us in a Chelsea shirt, but when he comes to Ashburton, I’ll applaud him. There are too many happy memories of him in the right shirt to forget that now.

98. arnie says:

26may. 🙂 Well done. Then, you would act with the dignity and class that is expected of anyone even remotely associated with Arsenal, fan or player. 🙂 For me, he is dead, and I would applaud him as well, as one would do Nelson Mandela, for example.

Agreed on Chelsea as well. I suggest that the biker in Norwich’s neighbourhood must be a Chelsea supporter. 😛

Come on you Arsenal Giraffes.

Works for me.

100. arnie says:

Peaches, Rasp, et al: I have sent a few words, plus a poll to NUTS. Just in case the cupboard is empty. 🙂

Bucket of Gold Blend coming right up, Sir.

I’m struggling to award the trophy for best rant. Just strikes me that people on here are not angry enough, lack deep hatred and all encompassing petty issues.

So for just plain common sense moan, I vote 26, and his stadium move fack up 🙂

One Beatles pic, and up go Take That 🙂

Anger, full of deep hatred and all encompassing petty issues. 🙂

Is that Oscar?
    Flippin Noras, he’s changed so much.

Oh, wow, just seen the others.
    Smashing.

Talking of footballers’ hair and hair products from Borneo….

111. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all, Nice one Raddy,
    Moaning Friday, Glad i went fishing all day, My first Pike of the season.

People moan about the weak expensive beer served out of a plastic bottle, dont like it, dont buy it, If Galatseray fans can come in with half a ton of explosives i’m pretty sure a bottle of your favourite gut rot would go un noticed.

As for Stan taking a dip into his own fortune bag, to spend on a loose woman or another football club, who gives a shit, after a good spend in the transfer window as far as i am concerned he can take a dip and shag his way round Britain.

Prats with shit haircuts and Moslum beards pisses me right of. Stanley Mathews must be turning over in his grave. I blame the owners and Managers for letting these players represent their clubs.

Personally i feel sports events should be free of Politics, Religion, I hate nothing worse than a religious so called footballer coming on the field of play and crossing himself a dozen times and thanking his god for allowing him the chance to play football, when the silly bastard should be thanking the supporters for paying his wages and giving him a comfortable lifestyle.

I am not a religious man and i feel that living life without harming anyone and respecting people is the way to go, Why the fuck we have to poke our noses in wars that have nothing to do with us gets my goat, if they all want to kill one another for fucks sake let them.

last rant of the day, I dont like blue in our kit fuck it off, have a nice day 🙂

What do you mean “changed”?

He came 4th. No podium. Serious injustice. Bigger waves and he would have won easy peasy.

Excellent ranting, Steve.
    I think I detected a little spittle at the corners of your mouth, too. 🙂

All I meant was……. I haven’t seen him for a long time.

No big shitballs.

Agree with Chas, Steve

There’s anger here “I dont like blue in our kit fuck it off, have a nice day”

It has that element of “Up yours, I’m off” 🙂

Chas
    Did you see the one of my Daughter with Mike Raven. She came third in the best of the rest.

Yes, mate, she’s lovely.
    I didn’t realise she was a good surfer.

You must love it when the waves are like that.

Ha ha
    I didn’t mean look at her, more cool to have a pic with the UK Champion. He was judging, then gave out awards.
    No, she’s a very casual surfer, Oscar’s in a different league, hence qualifying for final.

I’m never that bothered about having my pic taken with famous folk, unlike some…….

Right, I’m offski.
    Tara in a bit.

Is there a pic anywhere of Ant not looking happy. “No off-loading required” should be his calling card.

Enjoy the salon.

125. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning guys,
    I like many of you, played football for many years, sadly for me i was not good enough to play for my Arsenal. We had scouts coming to view any players who may be quality, but in my case although i scored goals in nearly every match was deemed as not good enough.

I like so many others held full time jobs, we paid to play football, myself i played Saturdays and Sundays, and on a Monday although battered and bruised i still got to work on time.

I used to go out Jogging in the evening just to run of all the kicks picked up at the weekend and of course we played football at lunch times as well, I was a player that really would have loved to play for my country and of course The Arsenal, but that dream would never come.

Over the years i have watched players come to Arsenal, Players who i felt was not even up to my standard, i watched these players go out on the Saturday and look as if they wanted to be anywhere else rather than at the game. For youngsters i will name Bendtner for one who had the chance to wear the red and white but was fucking useless.

Players like him who could have been so much better had he tried, And there’s us who was never good enough that had passion and would have done anything to have been given the chance, have to watch morons like that break into gyms at twelve o’clock at night abusing Pizza waiters and smashing a road full of parked cars in a drunken state.

For guys like us who worked a sixty hour week for a pittance compared to their wages for a couple of hours a day is an insult to our intelligence.

Being in the right place at the right time is what it must take and of course the proper skills, sadly i never was, and now and again that gnash between my cheeks is visible. Ha Ha

Good morning my fi e feathered friends. 🙂

I am not surprised, and indeed I am full of admiration for the meticulously thought out and presented list of dislikes that 26M put up and I could not find it in me to disagree with any of it — except for the bit about me being finely bred. 😀

Anyway, well done 26, you win the Friday Man honours. 🙂

Morning all

Anyone got a video of Kanu’s hat trick at the bridge.There is always hope 🙂

Our Arsene is in very philosophical mood. Just read these on AFC dot com.

Wenger: ‘I don’t deny that history is against us with Chelsea. But top teams make history and they change history’

and re Chavs last season……

“It was of course a very bad memory, but football is not made of history, it is made of performance”

Ah ha, morning RA and Crystals

Tomorrow is simple. FB’s stay put. Am I right in saying that they are doing less charging forwards recently?

Suralex commented recently that playing Arsenal was easy.

Something like “sit back, their full backs will both be right up field, and hit them on the break down the flanks”

Then you think about Pool and Chavs away last term, and conclude “it’s really not that complicated is it”

131. arnie says:

Motning all.

Saw this Malayalam movie yesterday.

Film: Blue Skies, Green Waters, Red Earth (Malayalam with English subtitles, 140 mins, 2013)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XruBxAL4ek

132. arnie says:

OK movie, but some great scenes, including a lot of surfing. Never knew surfing was big in some parts of India. Here is a short excerpt.

133. arnie says:

Now back to bed! 😛

micky re Wenger – sadly, I think I was right, the boy is losing it

LB – I spat my coffee at ‘come on you Arsenal Giraffes’ 🙂 mind you, that is only a tad better than ‘come on you Hull Tigers’

135. Ant says:

Thanks Chas at 7.08. That is my favourite piccie of all time even though I was a little dishevelled after 50 minutes of pogoing!

That spiteful, vindictive excuse for a civilised manager, Maureen, is already at it, gloating that Fabregas had no regrets about rejecting Arsenal, and already ‘loved’ Chelsea.

Of course he forgot to add ‘he already loves Chelsea’s money’.

He is a provocative sh*t.

Hi Ant,

It’s always fun to hear about and see you and your experiences. 🙂

Mucky,

Old ‘Red Nose’ was right about the way to beat Arsenal, all of us saw it every time, especially in the days of Ronaldo – how many ‘break away’ goals did we see over the years.

AW must have seen it too, but we seemed to be hypnotised into repeating the same actions over and over again.

And last year we carried on doing it, only it was ‘Pool, Chavs and Citeh who filled their boots.

Missed the early banter.

Does Micky take part in the Veterans competition?

We’re having trouble with the Polls at the moment ……….. trying to sort it out.

141. Sorry all, the polls are all over the place, I have to try again in a while when I’ve stopped shouting at wordpress.

…………….We have a New Post …………………….