The World Cup window

With the World Cup in Brazil starting tomorrow, I’m interested in finding out which players you are looking forward to seeing and why. Here’s a list of players I will be keeping a beady eye on during this summers tournament:-

Jack Wilshere (England)

It’s fair to say that Jack hasn’t quite delivered on his early promise just yet. This is mainly due to injury of course, but with Aaron Ramsey having such a breakthrough year, suddenly Wilshere’s place in the Arsenal team looks in jeopardy. If he (and my next pick) can have a good World Cup, then they both have the potential to match Rambos season and push Arsenal onto the next level.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (England)

Another Arsenal player who has had his fair share of injuries recently is Ox. He’s got talent in abundance and looks a real threat with the ball, but he’s yet to cement a place (or maybe more importantly, a position) in the Arsenal side or the national team. If he can have a strong World Cup and get himself a set position, then maybe he will be another who will push on next year.

Serge Aurier (Ivory Coast)

He’s being touted as Sagna’s replacement and it wouldn’t surprise me if we’ve already got a deal in place to sign him. He looks amazing on youtube (as does Bendtner!) but I will be interested to see how he copes on the big stage. Fast, strong, versatile and attack-minded (6 goals, 6 assists this season from RB/CB) he looks like he could bring some real energy to our right hand side. Fingers crossed he lives up to the billing.

Joel Campbell (Costa Rica)

Anyone that saw Olympiacos against United this season will have been very impressed by this young man. He’s a tricky winger/forward who has the ability to beat a man and get a shot off. With Walcott coming off a bad injury, Podolski hit and miss, and Giroud needing help, there is potential for a youngster to get some game time at Arsenal this season. Campbell could be that man. Personally, I’d like to see him get a PL loan to see how he handles the physicality week in week out. England beware!

Luis Gustavo (Brazil)

A powerful defensive midfielder with the athleticism to get around the pitch and the technical precision you would expect from a Brazilian (not the wax!). He has a very underrated left foot and as he admitted himself, he only joined Wolfsburg to make sure he would get in the WC squad, so may well be available after the tournament.

Those are just a few of my picks, but who do you think will shine this summer?

Written by FatGingerGooner FGG

146 Responses to The World Cup window

FGG. Fine idea for a post.

Any AFC player of course.

Other than that – Draxler – if he gets a game,
    Balotelli – always good viewing.

Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero, Pirlo, Spain and Germany etc

My main hope is that managers will be brave and play attacking football. I fear that Mourinho-Ball may well dominate as teams play with fear rather than brio.

2. arnie says:

Nice one, FGG. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

I believe The Ox will play well. Jack will probably not get that much of a chance.

But England will falter at the first hurdle. Why? Not because they lack talent or hard work, but because they always manage to surround themselves with negativity. Moaning about traveling to Brazil, about the heat, about the extreme north, about how much they hate Manaus and then ultimately having to apologise to the city and its people, about malaria drugs, about the tough group, about corruption, about all the injustices in life, and finally about Rooney who is now public enemy no 1. Well, at least Arsenal is spared the bile for a few days while Rooney is an easy scapegoat.

I have great hopes also on Joel Campbell. I would like to see him in Arsenal. I will follow him closely in the World Cup.

And then, I will really have to follow all other players whom Arsene and our scouts will follow, and because we do not know who they are, we will have to follow all players. So be it then. Let us enjoy every player worth his mettle in the World Cup. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

3. Norfolk Gooner says:

That’s a very interesting post FGG, We should discount signing any players from teams that make the quaterfinals or further, they’ll be completely knackered for the first half of the season.

With our front three of Rooney, Welbeck and Sturridge, I don’t expect to see much from either The Ox or Jack, by the time they get a chance to play England will be on the way home.

Time for a swim

Laters.

4. arnie says:

take care, Kelsey. πŸ™‚ I see your crystals are doing fine. πŸ™‚

Redders. message for you at the end of yesterday’s post. πŸ™‚

5. arnie says:

If only the England team had the likes of Terry and GiE as positive think inspirational gurus …… 😦

6. fatgingergooner says:

BR,

I always find the good thing about the WC is that we see so many different footballing styles competing.

Hopefully the flair teams like Brazil will overcome any Mourinho style tactics. I’m also looking forward to some underdogs doing well this year. I think teams like Japan, Chile, Switzerland, Ivory Coast, Colombia and Russia could spring a few shocks.

7. arnie says:

Actually, while I am on the rant, let me complete it. I blame the “manage everything, manage your life” management bullshitters like Greg Dyke.

So, he takes over FA. What is his first action? Declare that English footballers have no talent, blaming EPL teams and his predecessors for it. Declare no hope for the next 15 years, so he himself is absolved of any responsibility. But he is going to be benevolent and work towards a brighter future. So that, just in case one of his successors manages to do better, he can say that is because of his good benevolent work.

Hate these management types. They are killing the country. They generate and propagate such a lot of negative vibes! Where is the difference with the likes of Maureen “We are not favourites”?

I am looking forward to any Belgium game. Could they be as good a team as their individual parts?

9. arnie says:

Yes, the Belgium team actually looks good.

10. peter says:

great post fgg. i will be looking out for mathie valbuena,he might the guy to help france to quarters may be even finals.

11. fatgingergooner says:

Peter,

If Griezmann starts then I’m really looking forward to seeing him. He seems to be a quality player.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but can anyone clarify the buy-back clause? Surely Vela could just refuse to move to Arsenal, or does the clause mean the player previously agreed to move back if we activated the clause?

12. JM says:

” …. Those are just a few of my picks, but who do you think will shine this summer? ”

James Rodriguez(Colombia), Fred(Brazil), Paul Pogba(France), Angel di Maria(Argentina)

From Arsenal: Laurent Koscielny & Jack Wilshere

13. peter says:

fgg,from the little i have seen of griezmann i think he is great bt i thnk Valbuena will be the key to many defences.

14. arnie says:

hmm. I have a dilemma and a confession to make. πŸ™‚

Of course, I was not aware of FGG’s post and had penned one that is sort of similar. But including all of our good guys who are in the WC squads plus a healthy selection of the zillions that we have been “linked” with.

Now should I bring some of those discussions in, like there is no tomorrow. Or should I leave it for the moment just in case a rejig of that post is useful on a dreadful rainy day some time during the WC.

Decisions decisions. πŸ˜›

15. peter says:

am also looking forward to seing these guys.alexis sanchez(chile),ciro immobile(italy),divock origi(belgium,that is if he will be given a chance),mesut ozil(rumour has it he will be deployed as a false 9)now that will be interesting!

16. peter says:

arnie,jst keep it.you never know abt tommorow.

17. arnie says:

I am looking forward to watching Brazil and Argentina, plus England, France and Germany. No surprises there. πŸ™‚

Also our Gunners in Spain, Belgium, Switzerland and Costa Rica.

Plus, Italy and Uruguay.

That is quite a handful. Start with that, and then take it on from there in the knockout stages. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

arnie . As Peter says – keep it.

BTW One person whom I think will shock the non-believers ifs Giroud.

If he gets the central role with Benzema on the left (Ribery is out injured) he could do very well – especially with Griezman on the right and Valbuena in the middle.

19. peter says:

In the final Game of the previous world cup we had two gooners fighting it out…..anyone thinks we might have a gooner or two in this years final?

peter. Ozil, Pod and Per?

21. arnie says:

Peter, Raddy. πŸ™‚

Giroud is in absolutely brilliant form. What a difference 442 can make. Initially I think he came into the French team as a backup. Now it looks more like Giroud fixed, together with either Benzema or Remy. What a star!!!! So happy for him, πŸ™‚ and for us πŸ˜›

22. arnie says:

not unlikely, Peter. I think either of Germany or Spain, even France, can go to the semis. From then on, it is really anybody’s game.

I am cautiously hopeful the rubbish about European teams cannot win in Latin America may be broken. πŸ™‚

23. peter says:

I knw no European country has ever won the trophy while the tournament was held in the that continent bt that doesnt mean it cant happen.i have a feeling it’s going to happen this time….arnie,France might surprise many by going all the way to the final.

24. arnie says:

I agree, Peter. France has been quite impressive in the build up.

Not only the team. The nation is standing behind the team in a way that I can never imagine in England.

And, three Gooners as well, and could be more. Why not?

25. peter says:

There’s an argument going round that Olivier impresed because it was only Jamaica.It makes me wonder what type of perfomance some people want from him to get impresed.having watchd having all the pre-world cup games involving France,i thnk Giroud is really good in that formation……roll back the time a little to the f.a cup final,Giroud got more involved after Sanogo came on.

Peaches,

There’s a World Cup Blast in your email.

arnie,

What is it with English supporters?

They always seem to look on the dark side of things (sounds like a song I know) – Why is it?

I often wonder if the people feel so down trodden that they cannot foresee anything good ever happening?

I find the attitude baffling.

28. peter says:

Tottaly agree,GNN5…I have heard numerous people say that Englang wnt go past group stages.most of those English.

29. arnie says:

GN5. baffling indeed. 😦

This attitude of lining up excuses beforehand is really very negative. Together with scapegoating. Mind you, I think the team is not that much guilty of this attitude. It is the people, and particularly the press.

Not only this time. I remember when the team under Eriksson went. One line of excuses ran: oh, he is Swedish, so no hope. particularly because we are going to play Sweden in the group stages. of course the manager would like to see Sweden win. eh?

Much of teh discussion today is about how poor the pitch in Manaus is, how the players are suffering. Not about the good work they did in the last couple of days with young kids in poor-ish neighbourhoods of Rio. And how they are motivated to fight it out with spirit and make us all proud. 😦

Yea Peter its almost like a self fulfilling prophecy – and then they can say “Told Ya So” – Not unlike many Arsenal “supporters”

arnie, sounds like they are in their element, I have no time for them or their types!

I refuse to be negative – realistic yes – negative no, and there is a difference.

“Neer do wells.” “Experts”. “Red Tops” all fit into the same category, and drive GN5 absolutely crazy – so I steer clear of them, fortunately they are mostly a product of the UK and here in Canada the prevailing attitude is usually more on the positive side.

32. Shard says:

Well I have a lot of catching up to do. The world cup is almost here and I haven’t even looked at the final squads for the teams!

I don’t know who I’m looking forward to see at the tournament. I just hope that it’s a fun tournament, with the games decided by the players and managers rather than referees, players playing the game fairly. No diving or reckless tackles. And hopefully some good football.

Arnie

Why is Rooney public enemy no.1? What did he do now?

33. arnie says:

Arsene Wenger overseeing plans for major upgrade to Arsenal’s training centre at London Colney

Arsenal coach is interested in recruiting head fitness coach of the Germany national team to backroom staff as part of overhaul

34. Shard says:

Oops..Got to go.. Will be back later πŸ™‚

35. arnie says:

Shard. He has not provided goals or assists in the last three games. Roy is trying Rooney out in different positions, as I guess one would do in the run up to the World Cup.

But the argument made in the press is that he is found useless in all positions and therefore should be dropped. Play Sturridge, Barkley and Lallana instead. But of course, youth and inexperience and therefore they will not be successful. Therefore the team will go out. And the blame will be on Rooney.

Because, if Rooney had played well in the build up, and were to then be selected and play well in the World Cup, it would be different. He is the only hope and therefore if it does not materialise, it is all his fault.

You get the idea, Shard. Very depressing. And no need to add that I am not a Rooney fan. πŸ˜›

36. Norfolk Gooner says:

People wonder why England fans are so pessimistic. I say look at the history!

We’ve had Golden Generations, we’ve had Gazza, we’ve had a prossesion of managers who could talk a good game but were incapable of bulding any bricks out of the expensive but mediocre straw they were given to work with.

Now we have a front three of Rooney, Welbeck and Sturridge, does anyone expect one of them to win the golden boot?

We’ve had just one succesful World Cup tournament in most people’s lifetime, most of the rest have been total disasters, why should this one be any different?

37. arnie says:

England’s malaria tablets may add to World Cup headaches against Italy
    β€’ One in 10 takers of Malarone suffer bad side effects
    β€’ Roy Hodgson: β€˜It’s better to have stomach cramps than malaria’

38. arnie says:

arnie @3:33. Sorry it should be Lambert, not Lallana. πŸ™‚ I must have been on dope. πŸ˜›

NG,

Sounds like your mind is already made up – why bother even watching?

I think a front line of Wellbeck – Sturridge – Sterling with Lallana behind and hopefully a space found for AOC is powerful.

Confidence will be the key.

41. fatgingergooner says:

The problem with this England team is actually the defence.

Hart
    Johnson Cahill Jagielka Baines

Not exactly the best group of defenders we have seen in England shirts. Johnson is a liability and Baines is better going forward than backwards. I like Jagielka but he might get found out against better strikers.

A midfield and attack made up of 5 from Gerrard, Wilshere, Lallana, Ox, Barkley, Sterling, Rooney and Sturridge might actually cause a lot of teams problems. The problem comes when Roy insists on finding a place for the likes of Welbeck and Henderson just because they work hard.

Our defence is never going to be good enough to do well in this tournament, but our young attacking players might surprise a few and actually bang some goals in. I say ditch the defensive stuff Roy and go all out attack.

At least we would be entertained by an England side for once. Maybe then fans will start to enjoy International football again rather than seeing it as a burden on their club side.

42. Norfolk Gooner says:

GN5, I neither have rose tinted spectacles nor am I an ostrich. What I do have is a realistic perception of England’s chances of getting into the latter stages of the tournament.

I, like you, have watched too many England failures in both World Cup and European Championships to expect anything different this time around.

Because we have, in the English Premier League, one of the most compelling and competetive National leagues in the world we only delude ourselves if we think that can carry over into International football.

Look around the EPL, how many English qualified players regularly start for the top clubs? How many English managers are there at those same top clubs.

How many of the England squad are targets for the top european teams?

NG. Perhaps the success of Bale may make a difference – trouble is over 60% of players in the PL are foreigners, so the English players are way over priced.

NG,

I won’t engage you any further on this subject as it will take the edge off of a Blast that I’ve sent to Peaches.

But I will continue after the post is used, which will, hopefully, be this Friday,

45. arnie says:

Several issues. But first, Norfolk, I am glad you are taking the mainstream view somewhat, and this is in the spirit of discussion, not critique.

England did very well to qualify for the WC. Very resilient in defence, sufficiently incisive in attack, good team spirit, good strategy.

The country should be with the team in this venture, they are not. It is not a matter only of winning. England is not a large country, but its people have a big heart, have a national spirit somewhat, and many of them are hard working honest professionals. We want them to showcase the country well, even if they cannot win.

Take the counter example of France. Poor performances, not least a heavy loss that they had to overturn in the last game. Heads rolled, but they made it, through a combination on luck and spirit. Now, they are trying to take those positive vibes into the WC, and the country are firmly behind the team.

Quite a contrast, I am sad to say. Today the discussion is about all excuses that one can gather. Plus, whether the Liverpool players band together, or the ManUre or Soton players. All rubbish. This is a national team, FFS.

46. arnie says:

OK, the defence is a bit iffy. It was for a while. If this was good enough to qualify, what has changed now. Oh well, they have to play outside Europe. Eh? The players are so dandy that they cannot do that? What kind of an attitude is that?

I am sure England would do much better if there was more of a positive attitude.

OK, maybe there are deficiencies in defence. Putting the Arsenal hat on, I might even concede that it is a travesty that Gibbs is not even in the 23-man squad.

But now the team is in Brazil, can all not band together and egg them on?

47. arnie says:

Of course, the players would remain dandy if they do not venture to play outside the country. But of course, they are so overpriced that they wont be able to make good teams in Europe.

It is all “clear as mud”, I agree, but I still do not see why the people of the nation should not have some positive spirit.

Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, the real reason does not lie in football. It is in society. 😦

48. arnie says:

ret assured, rant over ….. for the moment ….. πŸ˜›

49. arnie says:

oh dear, I have killed the blog … 😦

Nice one, Slim.

I’m looking forward to watching the African teams. They always come up with something completely unexpected.

Oh, No you haven’t

52. fatgingergooner says:

For me personally, I think the brand of football the national team has played in the last 10 years has been poor. I will always support them wholeheartedly, but there are much better teams to watch in the PL and in the CL than England.

I don’t believe Roy is the man to get the best out of the young attacking players we have, and I do think we will struggle to get out of the group if he insists on ‘defence before attack’ tactics. If he lets the young lads play to their strengths then we would be good to watch and might even do well.

I saw this on a World Cup Moments programme.
    I couldn’t remember seeing it before.

54. arnie says:

Yes, Raddy, alive and kicking. πŸ™‚

55. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all.
    Really good ides for a post FGG.

I for one am looking forward to the England games, Not many give them a chance, but i am hoping they will surprise a lot of people. Roy Hodgeson was never even on my Radar for the England Managers job, but what i have seen of him, i believe he is going about his work in the right way.

Taking on the England job, i know it pays well but it is also a job that can finish you in the world of football, Past managers have had their heads adorned with vegetables and also some uncomplimentary comments.

Hodgeson strikes me as being able to handle the pressure up to now he also strikes me as pretty shrewd, at the moment he seems to be saying all the right words, but he know’s as we all do, that Englands first slip could start a landslide of abuse.

I believe that Hodgeson will have a very good world cup and his idea of youngsters is for me the right way to go, So far there has not been too many fireworks but the lads have all been together now for quite a while, they have travelled and lived in one another’s pockets. That builds comradery which in turn will make them pull together.

Hopefully the young guns will stay fit as there is certainly some of the best talent that we have produced for some while and if they can gell quickly they could be a surprise package.

We need to put the chances away when they come, as it wont be plain sailing, and once they start to go in confidence will start to show. Wilshere and The Ox need to get their stamina up as quick as possible, as they struggle to last a full game here so in that heat they will wilt very quickly.

Hodgeson knows their abilities and also their weaknesses, not just the Arsenal boys but all the England squad, I know he will have his plans but i shouldn’t think he is looking to far ahead, i believe he will take the Wenger approach of one game at a time, and its up to the players to show what they have got. COYRR 3 Lions .

My favourite World Cup headline – or even any headline ever…..

6.14. You could only play like that in black and white

Aye, red would have been far too scary.

This is how to defend a free kick.

61. arnie says:

Great stuff, Chas. πŸ™‚

On this day, 36 years ago. πŸ˜›

Who said there was no national pride?

63. arnie says:

Chas. πŸ™‚ that is a big big smile. πŸ˜€

Never liked Archie Gemmill. Derby scum

65. arnie says:

Raddy. That is different. But this is national football. Surely you like the idea of Scotland giving the boot to Holland. πŸ˜›

Not at all. My family are from the Netherlands and I could swear in dutch before I could in English!

As far as I am concerned anyone born North of Bedford is a miscreant

Raddy that should really be anyone born North of N15, as many of those awful miscreants seem to congregate around N17.

I’m confident that you will agree.

Arsenal fans are exempt from my 8:12 as wherever they are born is completely acceptable.

70. arnie says:

I go for the underprivileged, small nation. πŸ™‚

Fatso – great post, good selection. I am hoping to see plenty of Jack,but doubt that England will still be in the completion by the time our Ox recovers. I hope Wayne with blue eyes does well and proves his critics wrong. By the same token I hope that Ballotteli on steroids is a complete flop and nobody but us would give him another chance. Other than that – I wish all our lads a terrific tournament and a healthy return to THOF.

Chas @ 6.20 – my old mum has asked me yet again if Arsenal didn’t qualify for the world cup…oh dear

Hey guys, did you all see our Rasp with Pele in today’s papers? Isn’t he amazing?

74. arnie says:

Champions League blow for Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain softened

Though the two clubs were punished for failure to comply with Financial Fair Play with reduced squads for European competition, the required number of homegrown players is relaxed

Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain will only have to name five homegrown players in their reduced 2014-15 Champions League squads.

hmmm. 😦

Rasp is always amazing. Which paper was he being amazing in?

the Sun

Would any of you guys let Tottenham players live in your house, just asking, no reason

Eddie,

If I had a trap door they would be welcome.

GN5 -is that a NO then πŸ™‚

Its a no without without a quick and easy way to rid yourself of the pests!

FGG

Fantastic, thank you. I am so excited by The WC, and your post fans me flames.

In short, I want to watch all teams, but I’ll be getting off to a bad start as I’ll miss the opener and Englands.

Really looking forward to an adventurous England side.

Eddie

How exciting. A Spud in your house.

“Fight, fight, fight”, and don’t forget to switch the EDDIECAM on πŸ™‚

Can’t get enough of the Chas Zaire clip πŸ™‚

MD89,

CBC – one of the main Canadian TV broadcasters is showing every game live. We are fortunate as the majority of the games are being shown at Noon, 3:00pm and 6:00pm – all very civilized.

I will watch every game I can – which will be the vast majority of them.

ROLFING at

The Zaire No 2’s “What Me, Ref?”

GN5

Mmmm, could I make it to Canada by 5pm tomorrow? πŸ™‚

86. evonne says:

ROLF all you want, but you are not much saner than me !!
    Ok, EDDIECAM on and I am off to bed to read some murder story, sweet dreams

MIcky, A 7:00 am flight out of London and you will land in Toronto around 9:00 am – we are 5 hours behind UK time.

“Ok, EDDIECAM on and I am off to bed”

Alrightey, now we’re talking. Go Girl πŸ™‚

evonne how can you sleep with spuds in the house – that’s way creepier that a murder mystery!

GN5

I’m pretty much house trained now. Promise to lie low for the duration of the tournament and leave quietly by the back door.

Must off

91. arnie says:

hmm, replacing the Scouser with the Spuds. what fun! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

92. arnie says:

will someone locate Rasp’s photo and post a copy? Please. πŸ™‚

Is this about Rasp’s pet trained in crystal balls. πŸ˜›

93. arnie says:

Brilliant, Chas, thank you. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Morning

Just a few thoughts.

Apart from the fact that none of us know the exact terms with the so called buy back clause or first refusal on Cesc do fans really want him back or is it the fact that they don’t want to see him say playing for Chelsea.

With regards to our players some seem to excel when playing for their respective countries,usually in a different system to the one they are asked to play for us.Any thoughts.

Generally if we and others are eyeing certain players the general concensus is that if they have a good WC their price will then rise but again isn’t it a gamble as to if they can show that form for us or anyone else in the PL.

Lastly my true estimation is that we have no more than 60 million to spend not the 100 million being touted about on several blogs.

Morning, kelsey.

Slow, then normal. Hypnotic.

Cewl cewl cewl

MORNING KELSEY

In short

Cesc…..not bothered. Last position we need to upgrade and I don’t like the idea of squeexing him as a DM

Performing for their countries. They are surrounded by better players in some cases. Re Ollie. He may look better for France and us (Cup final wirh Yaya) in part as he has help.

Β£60M. Is that all? πŸ™‚

kelsey
    Do you mean Podolski and Giroud playing in a 4-4-2?
    That tends to leave you light in midfield in the prem.
    Going to 3-5-2, Micky-stylee, could be an option but if the opposition have two good wingers, this can be fraught with danger.

Far, far too much tactical bollix from me.
    The bicycle and outdoor pool beckon.
    World Cup starts today. Wall to wall football. 3 games most nights. 4 on Saturday. Note to self – get some chuffin beers in.
    Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. .

I used to be a parrot. I used to be a parrot

Chas
    I want a cat that walks like that very much.
    As for the surf vid, I haven’t been for two long weeks due to the house move and work. Bad withdrawalitis.

Got to go to London today on what will be the hottest day of the year. Yuk 😦

So, Brazil today. Went to see them in Cardiff at the Olympics. Hulk has a very big bottom.

Eddie. Any chance of seeing the bedroom footage from last night’s EDDIECAM?

But neither you chas or micky have really answered my question.
    Even Bedtner on his day looked a class act on several occasions for Denmark.

There is a cryptic meaning in what I originally said πŸ™‚

5.37 Cats are rubbish – everyone knows that. And that one is obviously a Nazi.

Ok Kelsey, let’s turn the tables.

There are players who look average for us, but would look absolute pants in a pub side πŸ™‚

Works both ways, so stop dooming πŸ™‚

Raddy Ha Ha πŸ™‚

107. evonne says:

hellllllooo Kelsey πŸ™‚

I agree with you, some players like Bendtner play well for their countries and not so well for their clubs, whereas others like Wayne are big fat national flops. It has to be formations, otherwise is their choice, which I hope is not the case either for Wayne or for Nic

108. evonne says:

cat is a Nazi!! I’ve heard it all πŸ™‚ But no Raddy, cats earn their keep. Mine loves me so much that I get a rodent every morning

What about Pele the Piranha as trained by our Rasp????? Aren’t you guys impressed?

kelsey. Firstly, the players are often playing against poor opposition who have not the preparation PL teams have.

Secondly, there is more space in International matches.

Thirdly, who do you mean?
    OG? Based on a couple of good games? Bendtner? Not in the current DK team.
    Ox & JW? I think they play better for AFC
    Kos? Not in the French first team who are going to use Sakho
    Ozil? πŸ˜€

etc etc

Koscielny not in the FRench team??

A story of the day for me – there are calls to make obesity lawfully recognisable disability, you know, like people who have to live with no limbs, or malfunctioning limbs, like old people with heart problems or arthritis. So, if that becomes a law, fatsos will get disability badges, extra room to sit, disabled access to pubs and take-aways, etc etc etc. Do you agree?

Eddie. That would be shameful.

Raddy – agree. Sent you an email

Eddie

The volume of food thrown away in The West is about equal to the shortage in the starvation zones of the world.

Last year a new record was set in the US. More people died of fattie related diseases than old age.

When I am PM, I’d tax the crap out of them and cut them off from free NHS everything.

If we spend 60mil I would be chuffed to bits. For that I would expect a grade A striker, a DM and a RB.

Transfer dealings done, let’s get on with the season.

Back to FGG’s post, I’m really looking forward to seeing how the Krauts play Mesut, and I also think AW’s summer transfers will be largely about buying players to help get the best out of him ie speed and power in front of and beside him.

Good man Micky! Yeeess! Intolerant people should stick together πŸ™‚ I’d vote for you! Nigel Farrage can do it, DidIt can do it too

I quite like Kelsey’s little hand grenades that he lobs in from time to time; they give people like me a chance to bounce off of something.

LB

Better than bouncing off a fatty

Actually Eddie, I’m going for dinner in the House of Commons tonight. Reckon we’ve got time to ink our manifesto πŸ™‚

LB πŸ™‚ hand grenades πŸ™‚

Rasp – are you going to kill the fish after a couple of poor predictions? What if Italy win, is it Adeus Pele or does he get to work till another game ?

It seems to me that any Arsenal supporter who is not unhappy about the idea of Fabregas playing in Chelsea blue is probably one of those supporters who dip in and out of Arsenal, nothing wrong with that but, shall we say, for the more obsessed .

AAAAAAaaaaaaahhhhhhh…………it sucks.

Micky – ARE YOU? ooooh, you is truly posh πŸ™‚
    Excellent idea – tax on fatsos and selfish people, let’s get the manifesto going.

Micky

I quite like my ladies to have a bit a junk in the trunk.

LB – I tried to flog my signed photo to a Chelsea supporter yesterday, but I couldn’t, I still love the little fellow. Photo back on the wall.

LB – that’s fine, you can pay the fat tax for them πŸ™‚

“I quite like my ladies to have a bit a junk in the trunk” ha ha ha πŸ™‚

Eddie, nothing posh whatsoever about spending time with some self serving lying toss pots. I voted not to go what with Brazil being on telly, but Mrs Didit said I ought to 😦

Planning on nicking some spoons, ashtrays etc

Micky πŸ™‚ have fun!!

LB

Are you suggesting I’m one of those supporters “who dip in and out of Arsenal” just because I couldn’t care less where any footballer plays if it’s not at Arsenal?

I think you are πŸ™‚

Eddie.
    Fun? No.

First up, I’ve got to leave Devon on a beautiful day. Four and half hour drive to one of my brother’s house to do some family duty ie pick up his children that I don’t like from school. Then get into Westminster on a stonking hot day, then return to my Bro’s house to probably have to talk to his dull wife who I also don’t like, then drive back tomorrow.

Right, enjoy the sun and the football everyone 😦

Morning all, apologies for not being around much …. I’ve been dealing with the meeja πŸ˜•

My protΓ©gΓ© has predicted for Brazil to beat Croatia and England to beat Italy ……. he’s already got 1,300 twitter followers

LB

If you think that was a little hand grenade wait until you read my post to follow in a few days time.It will be like an atomic bomb..

I am not a doomer Micky but don’t wear rose tinted glasses.
    You go surfing whilst I am at the dentist πŸ™‚

I will explain all Raddy in a post.

I have reservations about many things at the club which 90% won’t agree with but it could be a fun discussion.

I saw Shariprova yesterday.Good she is tall at least 6foot 2″.Quite muscular,more so than she looks on TV.
    They are all arriving for practice next week.

Rasp Brazil or Argentina will win the thing.

Hi Kelsey, personally my money is on Argentina, but we will have to wait and see what my psychic friend predicts πŸ™‚

Rasp – what is he is talking carp? Will you eat him ?

Not sure wht is worse – Kelsey’s visit to the dentist or DidIt posh dinner?

Sorry Rasp

being out of the loop what are actually talking about.Have you got your own World Cup Willie πŸ™‚

Are you selling that reggie reggie sauce to the MP’s as well Micky πŸ™‚

I have trained one of the World Cup predicting pets that is featured in a national newspaper …. I can’t say any more, so I would be happy if everyone left it at that and didn’t delve any deeper please.

139. arnie says:

motning all.

a bombshell burst at midnight last night which means I have to pick up plenty of scrap all day. Bloody US weather, flight cancellations etc.

Enjoyed the motning banter, will not be around much today. 😦 But unlike Micky, plan to watch the game. πŸ˜›

Welcome back, Kelsey and Rasp. I already love Pele the Piranha. πŸ™‚

Just sorting the post …………………

141. New Post everyone …………………..