Arsenal ……. Home or Away

Morning Gooner’s,

This is a follow up post from my last one.

When I thought about things after writing the previous post, I started getting idea’s. I imagined that the Arsenal Hierarchy had read my previous post and thought that perhaps my idea of moving The Arsenal from England to a bigger more profitable country, could be a very profitable idea indeed. Now I know that many die-hard’s would be quaking in their shoes at such a suggestion, but like I said in my previous post, The Arsenal is far from English so why should they need to be in London or England for that matter.

Now for a lifetime supporter to even suggest that scenario could happen, many would have me whipped and keelhauled,  but when you look at it, what would be the advantages should such a happening actually happen. Emirates stadium houses just over sixty thousand, it cost over three hundred million to build, that build put the Arsenal back ten years, and we may not be back yet.

Imagine,  say we moved to somewhere like China, not to hard to imagine seeing how we have targeted that part of the world in our promotions.  We have a population of 60 million here in the United Kingdom, and many of that number are not football fans, the ones that are have many many football clubs to follow. Let’s assume that half of that sixty million are young children and a quarter are women. While we have many women supporters, I would say not as many as men, or at least that is the picture I see in the Emirates and other clubs grounds. So in other words there are an estimated 20 million supporters to appeal to .

Now when we look at China for example, they have a much bigger population. And that being the case, labour must be plenty fold, and probably a lot less to pay in wages. The Arsenal could probably buy a piece of land and build a two hundred thousand seater stadium possibly cheaper than the Emirates cost to build. They would fill that stadium quite easily even charging less for tickets, and still make massive profits. I imagine income tax would be lower than England, so we could pay players high wages, and they wouldn’t have to pay so much tax.

What about the Emirates stadium I can hear you say, well we could sell that off to an Arab or a Russian or even the British Government, as they need land for building new housing estates, and as we are also in property development, we could even build more flats or new estates ourselves. The government would really like that idea, and we could earn a massive profit.

Now of course we would be a bit too far away to play in the English Premier league, but I am sure we could enter negotiations with the Chinese government to perhaps start a new league over there. Amongst all those millions of people there must be a good pool of footballers to choose from.

Many of you would ask, why would Stan Kroenke want to move further away than he is now?  Obviously he wouldn’t, so he would sell his shares to a Chinese business conglomerate, where he would make a tidy profit on his investment,  he could even be hired to oversee the rebuild at Islington. Or we could sell the Ems to the Spuds, and that would save them the hassle of a build.

Now just imagine the thought of a top premier clash, where we usually get hammered, we wouldn’t have to worry about that any more. We all say that the team should play for the shirt, that they’re red and white through and through, so lets face it do we really care who is in the shirt, as long as we win. Not many Arsenal players are English anyway, so not many would be affected.

As we only have two or three British players, we’re hardly an English club any more, so it shouldn’t be a problem for hardened Gooner’s to follow their team.  You may have to watch them on a stream, but even if the stream was poor quality you would still see the shirt.

Lets face it, its a win win situation, Stan would be happy, you would save hundreds a season, but you could still watch The Arsenal on a stream, just like our oversea’s supporters, There would be housing built for the overflowing London, either in Tottenham or Islington spuds may just get to play in Champions league, and we can sit with our feet up watching the latest Chinese talent on display.

Then I woke up, and thought oh no, could that really happen! Blimey I hope not.

Written by Steve Palmer

136 Responses to Arsenal ……. Home or Away

1. Sorry, I didn’t check the spacing ……….. back in a bit

2. Sorted now ………….. 😉

3. njstone9 says:

Chinese talent? There’s a reason why they’ve never properly qualified for the World Cup: they are rubbish at football.

Having lived in China, I can tell you that the main sports which are actually played there, as opposed to watched, are basketball and table tennis or badminton. They simply don’t have the space in their cities for proper playing fields.

So for sure you’d fill your massive stadium because there are plenty of die hard football fans there, but the standard of players is very low. Most of the time the local game lurches from one corruption scandal to another.

I suspect your post was tongue in cheek, however.

That said, part of the attraction of the Premier League is its location in quaint old England. Our history and traditions are highly attractive to foreign tourists. You should see the number of replica English villages and monuments in China.

This is an entertaining post and idea 😀

Why China? why not Nigeria where there are already millions of AFC mad fans thanks to Kanu.

Or Japan? Loads of fans, football mad and good businessmen

Or better yet …. what about Qatar? They will have a few spare stadiums 😀 😀

Very drole Steve 🙂

Actually, didn’t Wimbledon once consider slithering off to Dublin? I believe they have favourable corporate tax breaks, we have a good following over there, and I bet they’d allow drinking and smoking inside the ground.

I have to say that I think China is a rubbish idea. Negotiations would be at the final stage when they’d pull the plug having got all the inside info, then they’d build a plastic replica which didn’t work.

I’m so excited. My Son and I have set aside an hour tonight to fill in our World Cup charts. One each from the Sunday papers, and a competition between us. Rules and prizes to be discussed.

So …. the transfer gossip:

Pepe Reina to be sold to us by Liverpool. Would be a fine signing but would he really take a bench seat?

The Eto’o rumour refuses to go away. I would take him for sure but not as the sole striker to be bought in.

Nigel de Jong from Milan to beef up our defensive DM’s. IMO he is no better or worse than Flamini, so why?

8. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all, sorry for not being here, although i don’t think i have upset to many with this little dream.

Seems like China is a bit to futuristic, but make no mistake, if it was profitable, we wouldn’t be the first club there..

I see we are still waiting for our first signing, and i reckon we may have to wait quite a while yet. Nothing moves at Arsenal while Wenger,s away unless we talk season ticket prices.

9. arnie says:

Peaches and Rasp, potential post in NUTS. 🙂

Steve. Sorry I was away, off to read your post now. 🙂 🙂

10. arnie says:

NO NO NO. Steve, nice idea, but it will not work. 🙂

Arsenal may not have many English players, but the culture and traditions are rooted in London.

Look at ManUre. They flog money by selling the brand to the Chinese, yes. But would this work if ManUre were a Chinese club. NO. It is a British club that they want to support. Likewise in other parts of teh world. Post-colonial sentiments and all that.

What about the investment? The value is in getting the money into the UK and investing here, not the other way round. NO, a non-starter for me.

What about a franchise in China. Now, that is different. This has everything in its favour. Indeed I think it will work. That is one way forward, Stan. 🙂

I am surprised the big teams do not have franchise teams in other countries. Must be some rule which prevents it.

12. arnie says:

Maybe, Raddy, but nothing stops Stan the owner of Arsenal to start a franchise in another country. 🙂

A nice effort, Steve, but totally unrealistic.

The club is truly owned by its fans, however much the transient owners change it around to suit their own ends.

Anyway, well done for saving the day with another welcome Post,

The site would be lost without you, GN5, Rocky and one or two others. 🙂

It has been very quiet throughout blogdom recently, but I am particularly missing my friend Kelsey, so I hope all is well with his family, particularly his daughter.

Haha Steve

When you did your first Post on this subject I thought you were an amiable eccentric.

Now you’ve topped it in style today and (along the way) revealed yourself as a top notch wind-up artist.

Very good fun Post – watch out or you’ll be giving Terry and Micky a run for their money in the humour stakes 🙂

Redders
    After the last two seasons of frenetic in-fighting (and, to use the time-honoured cliche) the roller coaster of our fortunes I think a lot of people are exhausted with the whole thing and have taken a bit of a ‘blog holiday’.

Perhaps winning the Cup plays a part too. It’s almost as if people can relax at long last and stop obsessing about every detail of things.

I take it that tomorrow we are back on Rocky’s Alternative Alphabet to that would be, ‘D’ [Dee] — No, hang on — I can’t have that linguistic master Chas correcting me, a stupid Yank, again, – ‘Z isn’t Zee, it’s Zed’, so ‘D isn’t Dee – it’s Ded’.

But then – who gives a flying f…

18. arnie says:

Yep, me too, Rocky, time to take a break!

20. arnie says:

Ah, Redders has been asleep. 😛 It will be effing EFF! 😛

21. arnie says:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Cheers, Steve.
    ….and then I woke up – thank feck for that.
    Just the thought of some spud sitting in my seat at the Emirates turned my stomach. 🙂

RA
    So it took nearly a whole day but you did bite eventually. 🙂
    Helping my godsons to read, I have to use phonetics……’kicking Ker’, I ask you.

Redders
    I am coming to your rescue. This from Wiki:
    “In most dialects of English, the letter’s name is ‘zed’ /ˈzɛd/, reflecting its derivation from the Greek zeta, but in American English, its name is ‘zee’ /ˈziː/, deriving from a late 17th century English dialectal form”

So the “zee” pronunciation is English! (It’s just that we Brits have forgotten, rather like we forgot that the word “sidewalk” was in common usage in Elizabethan Britain and was exported to the Americas where the word stayed in good health, while back in the home country it was put out to pasture and replaced with “pavement”).

So many “Americanisms” are not American at all – they are English.

Not “soccer” though…

24. arnie says:

Chas: did the clips remind you of R Dogs? 😛

25. arnie says:

yes indeed, Rocky, I expect to see you say F for football soon. 🙂

Steve – lots of people will be hoping that your dream never becomes a reality. Its not inconceivable that within the next 20 odd years there will be a group of teams breaking away and forming a super league – money always talks the loudest.

arnie
    Yep, they did.
    I’m still not sure that film can match the many layers and downright surreal nature of Pulp Fiction though. 🙂

RA, now you are talking in tongue’s it was only a little while back that you wanted a “Kelsey Out – Out – Out” banner at the top of the page – bloody turncoat.

29. arnie says:

Chas. I agree with you. I can understand why Pulp Fiction would rank higher in general, but for me it is R Dogs.

In fact, my top 5 English language movies in this general genre are, in preferance order: Clockwork Orange, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Godfather and Once Upon a Time in America. 🙂

Cmon, Rocky, we all know it comes from Sesame Street because Zed doesn’t rhyme with Vee……

Rocky
    In Elizabethan Britain there were no pavements. 🙂

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Once Upon a Time in America and I’m not sure I’ve ever watched A Clockwork Orange all the way through.

Right, I seem to have pissed everyone off for now.
    My work here is done.

Chas
    “In Elizabethan Britain there were no pavements”
    True!

But in New York they have pavements… and still call them sidewalks.

arnie, Chas

Pulp Fiction is a fantastic, sprawling film but (like Arnie) I would give R Dogs the (slight) edge because it is such a tight, perfect little film: not a word or a scene is wasted.

With PF you could probably shorten the film by 15 minutes without losing anything important. In RD you couldn’t lose 15 seconds without damaging it.

In any case, Quentin Tarantula has never come close to matching either of them in all the films he’s done since.

Movies like Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained have some great scenes and moments but also stay off course at times and are over long.

Join us tomorrow for another edition of Film 2014…

36. arnie says:

The beauty of English language and culture is that many different countries and peoples have been able to adapt and transform it to their own benefits. Including language, football, sense of humour and so on.

There are words/ adaptations in Indian English that would be outlandish in Britain: two examples are timepass (meaning pastime) and prepone (opposite of postpone).

Chas: there’s miles to go until P for pissing people off! 🙂 for the moment, let us celebrate our diversity!

Top films?

Zulu

Outlaw Josie Whales

Magnificent Seven

All the Godfathers

There’s Something about Mary (I know, I know but it makes me laugh especially the dog scene)

The Italian Job

Loads of hippy, girly shit that you would never have heard of and if you had would doubt my sanity.

arnie. I love the away iIndians pronounce English – the word Py-jama always has me laughing (though it is probably an Indian word like tiffin)

arnie – ‘Once upon the time in America’ is one of my fav films. Sliczny – watch it, 4 hours of great viewing, well worth it

steve dearest, China. China. Of all the places in the world you chose China. You might as well replace ‘China’ with ‘Moon’. It is not going to happen, thank feck for that.

Great post though!! WEll done

This is a tight little film…….

The two films I’ve watched the most times are One flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest and Cool Hand Luke.

Both great films Chas

BR
    Josey Wales is my pick for best Western ever.

I also love The Last of the Mohicans (the Daniel Day Lewis one).

44. arnie says:

Getting back to the films and English theme in a bit, but first things first.

Allegedly:

45. stevepalmer1 says:

Thank you guys for your comments, Arnie you could save a stranded Whale, and you did thank you. 🙂

Green mile and Forest Gump

I am different arnt i

46. arnie says:

Raddy. Initially when I came to the UK, I remember being very defensive about both my usage and pronunciation of English. I was surprised how relaxed my (English) colleagues were regarding both. In fact, I was explicitly encouraged not to change my writing and speaking style because the diversity enriched the language itself. Wow! Not many countries in the world where that would happen! 🙂

Haven’t seen Last of the Mohicans either. Ta.

Thank you for that explanation of the derivation of the letter ‘Z’ – now what about ‘D’ — ded? 🙂

Chas, you have never p’eed me off, and haven’t done so today (or yesterday) I have always enjoyed your stuff – and as a dreadful micky-taker myself (not that one!) 🙂 I cannot complain about my occasional lapses being picked up.

GN5, Me? A turncoat? I still want Kelsey -Out, Out, Out — but I do miss him, and hope he gets back on here kvitching soon! 🙂

Arnie, that is an interesting comment indeed about Vela — I have always liked him and would be pleased to see him back — though no one can make him under the Yuman Rites regulations. 🙂

Got to go — a steak is calling me — oh, BR two brilliant old and somewhat off kilter westerns that ratchet up the tension, are ‘3:10 to Yuma’, and ‘High Noon’. 🙂

49. arnie says:

Steve: 🙂

‘The Usual Suspects’ = brilliant suspender! 🙂

I just called the incontinence hot line.

They asked me if I could hold on for a minute?

I spent years living a clean healthy life so that I could add 20 years to my life.

I’m proof that it wasn’t worth it!

Gn5 🙂

We haven’t had any Gn5 belters for a while… don’t hold back 🙂

RA. You are right, they are two of the best, as are almost every John Ford/John Wayne movies.

I am a sucker for a good western.

Redders
    3.10 To Yuma – great! Ditto High Noon.

I love Westerns (sadly not many people seem interested in them these days).

True Grit was very good too (both the original and the recent re-make with Jeff Bridges in the John Wayne role).

56. arnie says:

The above were my fav “gangster” style English movies.

My overall English top list would certainly also include The Birds, Fargo, 2001 A Space Odyssey, The Great Dictator – dont know whether silent films can have a language though (and Monsieur Verdoux), The Shining and Drowning by Numbers.

My fav English language “contemporary” directors are Kubrick, Tarantula and Greenaway, in that order.

Not watched Zulu, Outlaw Josie Whales, The Italian Job, Cool Hand Luke, Green Mile.

Yes, and absolutely love One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Forest Gump, The Last of the Mohicans, Magnificent Seven and There’s Something about Mary. Nothing wrong with loving the last one, Raddy, IMO. 🙂 🙂 🙂

No one mentioned To Kill a Mokingbird, Kes, Schindler’s List? 😛

Snap BR 🙂

Shane
    Most of the spaghetti Westerns with Clint as the ‘man with no name’.
    The Searchers
    Once Upon A Time In The West
    The Big Country

58. arnie says:

Rocky: I love Westerns, and can also recommend a fantastic western in a slightly different style that you may not have see. Sholay. Check it out! 🙂

Thanks Arnie – will do. Is it Indian?

60. arnie says:

Yes, “Once Upon A Time In The West” as well. 🙂 🙂 🙂

off out, back laters.

61. arnie says:

Rocky. Yes, Hindi, the largest grosser in Bollywood ever. 🙂

Some of the recent westerns have been very good.

Appaloosa was terrific

arnie. I will try and find Shulay on the net – there isn’t any singing and dancing is there?

Oh and another brilliant western was Blazing Saddles.

For all the Cameron Diez fans, check out “Bad Teacher” very funny.

Obviously not as funny as “Bad Santa” but Billy Bob is in that and he is the mutz nuts as far as I am concerned.

One flew over and Cool hand Luke, I mean, how are you going to beat them but the film I have enjoyed the most within the last 10 years is Master and Commander………..love it.

LB. I enjoyed M & C as well. I have been working my way through the Patrick O’Brian books for the last couple of years.

Russell Crowe made an excellent Aubrey.

Given the success of the film it is a surprise they haven’t made more.

I hear Oxo are making a new product.

The packaging is white with a red cross and they’re calling it the ‘Laughing stock’.

Directors: Fellini, Hitch, Greenaway

Sunday Movie: Dam Busters

My computer’s been infected by the Joe Hart virus.

Now I can’t save anything.

Steve Gerrard said: “The whole defence is behind Joe Hart ”

I think that’s a good place to stand.

I know these Joe Hart jokes are getting out of hand…

In fact they’re crossing the line.

WC Fever has hit the Didit household hard. Charts done.
    Son has England not qualifying from Group. I squeezed them through.
    He has Spain Brazil final
    Me has Germany Argentina
    Both have Messi top scoring (they play Iran in group stage)

GN5 🙂

I like a Joe Hart joke, I do

Robbie, the Scouser, is touring America on holiday and stops in a remote bar in the hills of Montana. He’s chatting to the barman when he sees an old native American sitting in a corner-complete with full tribal gear, long plaits and wrinkles.

‘Who’s he?’ enquires Robbie.
    ‘That’s the Memory Man,’ responds the barman. ‘He knows everything. He can remember any sporting fact. Go and try him out.’

So Robbie wanders over and asks, ‘Who won the 1965 FA Cup Final?’
    ‘Liverpool,’ replies the Memory Man.

Robbie is flabbergasted.
    ‘Who did they beat?’

‘Leeds,’ is the reply.’ And the score?’
    ‘2-1.’

Amazed but not totally convinced Robbie Dave tries something more specific.
    ‘Who scored the winning goal?’

Without blinking the native American replies, ‘Ian St John.’

Robbie, the Liverpudlian returns home and regales his relatives and friends with his tale, and he’s determined to return and pay his respects to this amazing man.

Ten years later he has saved enough money and returns to America. After weeks of searching through the towns of Montana, Dave Robbie, the Scouser steps forward, bows and greets the old man in his traditional native tongue.

‘How.’

The Memory Man squints at Robbie and says

‘Diving header in the six-yard box.’

What do you call a Scottish player in the first round of the World Cup?

The Referee.

Apparently, the England FA is under investigation by the Inland Revenue for tax evasion.

Word is they’ve been claiming for Silver Polish for the past 48 years.

I understand you’re a member of the school football team,’ said a visiting uncle to seven-year-old Jack. ‘What position do you play?’

‘I’m not exactly sure,’ answered Jack, ‘but I think I heard the teacher say that I was the team’s main drawback.’

Fred was being interviewed on television after winning £1,000,000 on the football pools.

‘What are you going to do with all that money asked the interviewer?’

‘I’m going to spend the first £250,000 on wines, spirits and beer,’ responded Fred cheerfully, ‘and the second £250,000 on horses, dogs and cards.’

‘I see,’ said the interviewer, somewhat taken aback.

‘And then,’ continued Fred, ‘I shall spend £250,000 on women and loose living generally.’

‘Quite, quite,’ the interviewer interrupted hurriedly. ‘And what will you do with the remaining £250,000?’

‘Oh, I’ll probably just fritter that away,’ Fred replied.

One day in Bavaria, the seven dwarfs went off to work in the salt mine, while Snow White stayed at home as usual to cook their lunch. However, when she went to the mine to deliver their lunches, she found there had been a cave-in, and there was no sign of the dwarfs.

Tearfully, Snow White shouted down the mine shaft: ‘Hello – is anyone there. Can you hear me, Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Happy, Grumpy or Sneezy?’ (She knew it would be no good calling Sleepy.)

Then a voice floated up from the bowels of the mine: ‘England will win the 2014 World Cup’.

‘ Thank God!’ said Snow White, ‘at least Dopey’s still alive!’

A bloke hands over a £20 note to the turnstile operator at White Hart Lane.

‘Two please,’ said the bloke.

Turnstile Operator:

‘Will that be defenders or strikers, sir?’

Liverpool joke 😀

A medical professor had just finished a lecture on the subject of mental health and started to give an oral quiz to the first years. Speaking specifically about manic depression, the senior doctor asked, ‘How would you diagnose a patient who walks back and forth screaming at the top of his lungs one minute, then sits in a chair weeping uncontrollably the next?’

A young man in the rear of the room raised his hand and answered, ‘A Spurs supporter“

What will Uncle Roy do after winning the World Cup?

Drop his PlayStation controller!

I love British contemporary drama best, all Ken Loach movies, Sightseers, Fish Tank, Tyrannosaur -all great films.

RA – Kelsey is ok, just a bit unwell, but he will be back soon

85. arnie says:

Aha, what pleasure, GN5 jokes! 🙂

Yes, Evonne, Fish Tank is very good. Best film I have seen in the last couple of years is probably Shame.

Raddy. What do you mean, “Masala” Western and no song/dance? See it, I think you will love it! 🙂

86. arnie says:

Micky. Very glad to find someone other than me who loves Greenaway movies. People give me such looks when I tell them! 😛

87. arnie says:

On westerns, For a Few Dollars More, anyone? I have not seen the contemporary westerns. will hunt these out! 🙂

88. arnie says:

On Arsenal related movies, I suppose many on here would have seen The Arsenal Stadium Mystery. Has anyone seen Incendiary? Not a very good movie, but Arsenal connection. 🙂

Great jokes Gn5 – thanks 🙂

Arnie – a Hindi Western? I suppose it gives a new meaning to ‘Cowboys and Indians’

90. arnie says:

Rocky. 😛 good stuff, honest. 🙂

Peaches
    Post in drafts (not an “alphabet” one).

I’ve had quite simply the most sensational idea ever ever.

For next summer, to fill blog space, may I present…..EDDIECAM

Hearing about her involved in another scrape in the garage yesterday I had a thought. We strap a movie camera to our intrepid Pole’s head, and every tome an “incident” is in progress, the camera rolls, and we get alerted to log on.

stop that Micky, not even funny. I am so fed up with people, seriously. I don’t bother anyone, do my own bit and want to be left alone. The garage incident – I simply asked the idiot how am I supposed to get out now. He saw an old woman, easy target and gave me a mouthful. He didn’t know I am a psycho and switch at any provocation. I think he regretted it

I don’t remember any old woman in the story. What was she doing?

it starts tomorrow, the long awaited world cup is coming!! I ve decided to rest during the day and watch all the good games, not going to miss out on them

Come on you bella ragazzi! Well, after the English game of course

Eddie

95% of people are selfish arseholes.

My policy is this: always judge people on appearance as I’m nearly always bang on. The odd good ‘un may slip through the net, but you’ve saved so much time.

Most people are actually really really dull.

In short, get on with being yourself, and don’t let the bastards get in your way. Ain’t worth it.

I’m so looking forward to it as well, and am already going to miss the opening game.

There will always be tossers who only think of themselves. They are in a minority though.
    Here’s some hippy shit bath gong stuff to make you feel better. Get your sandals on, count your blessings and go out and perform an act of kindness.

the poor old girl was first surprised, then upset, then angry and finally she switched. Seriously Chas, you would not believe how many people have a pop at me and my dogs, yet it NEVER happens to the shower chanteur. Same with driving – I have seen this guy going mad behind the wheel, got out of his car at the lights and ran towards Alan’s car. When he saw the chanteur, he turned round and walked back to his car. If an old biddie was behind the wheel he would kill her

Hahaha, 95% ain’t no minority.

Isn’t it just that the tiny minority take up 95% of your brain power by sticking their annoying act in your thoughts.

Can’t watch that Buddhist shit vid Chas. Git to two mins and threw up 🙂

Your driving can’t be that bad!

Vomiting is the correct reaction.
    Purges the negativity you’ve stored from brooding about the selfish arseholes!

Hey Chas

I am very happy living with my hate 🙂

Some people feed off hate, some are worn down by it.

Others just talk bullshit. 🙂

lovely vid Chas, but clearly not in London. In London that kid would be mugging the old woman, the girl would pocket the money and there would be a body in the suitcase.

I witnessed a great scene yesterday – builders sitting on a scaffold and young girls with skimpy shorts approaching. I stopped and watched – fantastic! All the girly giggling, testosterone, wolf whistles, the whole shebang, it made me smile

ha ha ha, that’s some opposing views and advice 🙂 🙂 🙂 Sadly I am as Raddy put it ‘one lift short of the top floor’ and not always can control my actions and emotions. And then I suffer. Never mind, I have a new house to paint today, tenants moving in soon

Chas 🙂

I say intolerant people should stick together 🙂

Hands up if you think England will get out of their group?

Just be like Janice………….

spain is 6 to 1 and Italy 25 to 1. Maybe I should put my money on Spain

Not a hope in hell, Micky (which means they will, as I know nothing).

I just went on to BBC football and it says ‘England assess Welbeck Injury Scare’…………..
    I assumed it was going to say underneath that after they’d assessed it they realised that as it was only Welbeck, it wasn’t a scare at all.

we need Kelsey to predict some results.

Micky – my hand is up for Engerland, Italians and English out of the group

Mmmm, definitely having second thoughts over my WC Chart, although it’s too late. Reckon a draw against Italy and then somehow scraping through.

Although I’ve got a Germany Argentina Final, if I were to go to the bookies with a crisp tenner, I’d go with the more attractive odds of Italy at 25-1.

I’m going to have a good look at the groups tonight now that you’ve got me interested.

Shearer won me some football books in a fantasy football competition at work in 1996.
    Urgh, I feel dirty after that confession.

Hi Ho.

chas 🙂 it is a tough group for England, both Brazil and the Argies have much easier tasks

I am going to train my dogs to predict some results. Lots of sausages in plates with team name on it, or a little bit challenging one – map of the world for the pug to trot on

Good Morning , Folks

Now Micky, I am worried that you are thinking of taking over Kelsey’s role as ‘The Predictor’.

You said you and your young ‘un had a happy time filling in the World Cup charts — and mine on the other hand are sitting on a shelf just waiting for the results of the games — so you already know the results and have filled them in,

Who won? Wait. That should be ‘who wins?’ 🙂

Hated that vid of “kindness”. Do people really need to have an advert to teach the benefits of looking after fellow man?

I would love to see the EddieCam. Day spent picking up dog poo and getting into arguments with young men and lesbians.

119. arnie says:

motning all.

interesting motning banter.

what is this shit about 95% of the people being shit. Nay, I say. 98% of the people in society are just like us, happy and content with themselves, kind and generous. Use the stick on the remaining 2%, I say, then forget about them and be happy. 🙂 🙂 🙂

EddieCam sounds nice. Come on, Evonne, you are not that old!

Nice sermon, Micky. 😛

120. arnie says:

Enjoyed Chas “high Ho” ing all the way home in the morning after working all night. Nice feel good stuff. 😛

arnie. Dwarves, saunas and gyms – is nothing outside chas’s sexual spectrum?

Will it be the Men’s Ponds on Hampstead Heath for his summer morning swim?

122. arnie says:

Raddy. 🙂 Makes Chas a good fit for AA, I think, and particularly the motning crew! 😛

123. arnie says:

I hear in the grapevine that Rasp is training a pet in predictions as well. Very quiet about it! 😛

Transfer gossip:

Vela on his way for just €4m

We are not in for Napoli’s Insigne

We are trying to buy Victor Valdes.

And Calum Chambers from S’ton

Loic Remy is in discussion with Spurs but would prefer to sign for a decent club.

125. Norfolk Gooner says:

I had a Sinclair Spectrum once…is that anything thing like Arnie’s Sexual Spectrum? 😀

Rasp? Training a pet? I think not arnie, he is not the ‘training’ type.

I know what I can do – put 3 bowl of roast chicken with food from countries playing the next game and get the dogs choose. First dish wins, second draw, last dish lost. So for England they can have roast beef and for Italy spaghetti. Hm…..the doggy choice is obvious. No, I have to try harder

We have a New Post ………………………

Spectrum. Do you recall the idiot we had haunting us on AA for a few months until he was banned?

Better stop talk of spectrums before Cockle Monster wakes up 😀

129. arnie says:

Not so sophisticated, Norfolk, but very wide coverage, as close to 360 degrees as one can imagine. 😛

Morning all.

Just a brief visit.

Brazil or Argentina will win the World Cup.It’s a given.

More importantly none of our squad get injured

RA kindle mail me as i have lost your e maiil.

Try and log on when possible.