More points Garnered?

With the excitement of next week and fourth place in the bag would you be upset if Mr Wenger played the U-21 side? It is true the three points are handy and will give us our best points tally since 2007 but that doesn’t give us a trophy does it?

Which would be worse, getting beaten or losing RamZil for the final?

For Mr Wenger it is a damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t situation. If he plays a full first team and anyone gets knacked then the press and fans will question his choices, but if  he chooses reserves and we lose, the same people will talk about loss of confidence and lack of respect.

It is a game when 3 subs are simply not enough. The ideal situation would be similar to an England friendly – start with the experimental side for the first 60 mins and then bring on 7 first teamers for a runabout.

Norwich: Doomed to play Championship football unless they can beat us by 17 goals and WBA lose. Anyone think this is likely? Norwich are one of the few teams that almost everyone likes – well, maybe not like , let’s try not many people dislike. It will be sad to see them go.

Unknown

Neil Adams seems a likeable enough chap. Was it the right decision to sack Hughton? Of course it was, he is tainted. Name me one ex-Spurs man who has done well in club management (and before you start, Alf Ramsey is the exception not the rule).

Will Adams keep his job next season?  Who could have predicted that Sunderland would have garnered 13 points from their last 5 games having taken Nul Point (said in a french accent following last night’s Eurovision) from the previous 5? Had this not happened Adams would have kept Norwich up but I feel like his team Adams is doomed.( BTW, where else can one use the word “garnered”? Can one garner some potatoes?)

Norwich are going down because they cannot score. Defensively they are sound, having conceded just 16 goals at home this season which is 4th best in the PL. Both City and Everton have dropped points at Carrow Rd.

Arsenal: As this game will not impact at all upon our season, will this result in the handbrake being released? I expect Norwich to go down fighting which means our players will have to play with the intensity required to win any PL game.

As to the line-up this is my guess …….

nor v arse

There is hardly any chance Mr Wenger will start this midfield but I would like him to. If Diaby is fit enough for the bench then he is fit enough to start. Wilshire and Ramsey to get a 30 minute cameo and OG 5 minutes at the end.  Job done.

This team has enough to beat Norwich though it requires Sanogo to finally get on the scoresheet. Have a blinder today and Mr Wenger could save €40m on a striker in summer – he obviously rates the young Frenchman but until he turns potential into goals there must be question marks.

Norwich: The town has an interesting history. Originally settled by the Iceni tribe  (of whom Boudicea was a leader). They did not take kindly to the Roman arrival and the Italians gave them a proper spanking before making the area the capital of East Anglia. They left around 450 A.D. along with all their fancy dan Roman friends and the land was taken over by the Anglo-Saxons who named it Norwic. Then those pesky Vikings under Swein Forkbeard arrived (whom we met a few weeks ago on our trip to Cardiff) and razed the city before settling there (not the best introduction to the locals!!). Norwich grew and it was mentioned in the Domesday book (1086) that 98 houses were demolished to make way for Norwich Castle. Norwich Cathedral was built not long after.

200px-Norwich_Cathedral,_spire_and_south_transept

Henry 2 and Richard the Lionheart both gave the city it’s charter and Norwich became the only English city ever excommunicated by the Pope! By this time it was the second largest city in England. It remains a lovely, historic city with some highly recommended tea shops!

So ….. last League pre-match of the season and probably one of the hardest to write. What is there interesting to say about a dead rubber?

My hope is for an entertaining game, a win for the good guys and an injury free end to the season

COYRRG

written by Big Raddy

143 Responses to More points Garnered?

Apologies from Rasp, he’ll put the pitch layout in when he gets a chance.

Most importantly thank you Raddy for garnering all the garnered pre matches post for yet another season .:)

Dear rubber indeed and it would have been useful to have 7 subs but quite frankly I don’t care who plays as long as there are no injuries,though OPIG is in line for the Golden Garnered Glove.

Could be last game for Ricky van Wolfswinkel,shame.

3. ai-zed says:

3 points for momentum’s sake is all that matters, great post BR, loved the history part, some non-footy knowledge garnered, could we ask the pope to excommunicate Jose & his merry band of thugs from London?….is gnarbry fit yet? Diaby would be pure ecstasy for the away fans, sanogo for his 1st goal…have not seen much of Mozart lately, would love him to start today. better a loss than broken limbs for me though, COYRRG UTA!!!!

4. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    Must admit BR not sure if i like this post or not.
    Norwich V Arsenal

Travelling Arsenal and Norwich supporters who are paying the same money as normal, People like myself who pay for their television, We all want to see both teams at their best. Cup games are a completely different competition and should not even be considered.

Throughout the season, we have competitions overlapping, The reason that we have a squad of players, is so that we have enough players to play in all competitions. Injuries takes its part throughout the season, and with players missing it may well weaken the team, Tough, That is the nature of the game.

Nobody expects any one team to win all competitions and usually the spoils are spread around, but supporters watch the games and expect to see the best team that can be fielded, and they expect to see that every game.

Saving players for a final is a no no in my mind, If players are not fit then i can understand second string players stepping in, but in my mind professional football clubs should always field their best team.

Arsenal play the cup final next week, and they are probably hot favourites, but nothing in football is quite so simple as that, as been proved in the past.

Arsene Wenger has been saying all season, One game at a time, and i believe we should aim for the maximum points available, We should also be favourites today even away from home, but even with our best team we could still lose.

If i was the manager to day, i would play my best team, but i would also instil in those players, that the performance they show today will matter when i pick the team for the cup final.

Never settle for less, expect to win, and play to win . Whatever happens today will not stop the cup final next week, go out there and work for a place next week.

5. Thanks Rads…….you must have done this PM before you gave yourself a Viking funeral last night !. hahaha
    Lets get this straight….or bent as the case may be ……but the winner last night was………………Transplant !…………..like me, a few of you have seen him at The Tavern, so you know it`s true !.

The post !………..If Wenger plays a strong team today and we get some injuries, then he will deserve all the cupid stunts under the sun that I ( I doubt I will be alone ! ) call him !. If he were to play the U21`s and they lost, it would have no bearing whatsoever on the game at Wembley next week !.
    We all know that he is unlikely to listen to logic and reason though, he will take unnecessary risks with our chance to get The Emirates first trophy !, basically, the man can be a plank sometimes and needs creosoting !. hahaha

Steve. As I said, damned if we do, damned if we don’t!

It will come as no surprise to you to know I disagree. I would give the support players a game but with a strong defence. Next week is far more important.

Whoever goes out in the red and white will bust a gut to entertain and represent the club we love and probably win. We will get our monies worth whoever plays.

I expect Mr Wenger will take your point of view and play his strongest side ….. but if I were manager …..

7. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning BR, didn’t mean it to come over as criticising, I just want us to win everything 🙂

You still made a dead rubber interesting, BR, cheers.
    I’m hoping we play some good football today now that the presuure is off.

I just looked up “garnered” and got this. 🙂

9. Remember a few years ago when Arsene used to play all the youngsters in the League Cup !, they never let us down ( 6-0 Vs Sheff Utd comes to mind ! ), so why not against Norwich in a dead rubber !. It would have a two-fold effect of giving the youngsters much needed game time and experience ….something we keep crying out for…. plus no risk of injury to the first choice team and lets remind ourselves……who have been in the top two of the Injury League for the last 5 years !……No Brainer imo !.
    With respect sp1, I didn`t expect to see Arsenals first team for this game ( below) and actually wanted to attended this game to see the youngsters, not the first team and was well rewarded !.

Arsenal fan enjoying breakfast in Norwich

12. Comr Mykelanremoto says:

D future is settled for d gunnerz as dy are blessed with talented lads buh d problem is now let’s try and sort it out sagna contract has end n wit al indications d frenchman wants 2 walk a freeman get d replacement inform of Serge Aurier d much anticipated n neccessary striking department as things are changing at the emirates lets get one of this strikers bacca from sevilla Drmic from nurnberg benzema from madrid or Loic Remy DMF role inform of Martinez from bayern, Morgan schneiderlin from southampton, Sven bender from B. Dortmond and or Luiz Gustavo from Hamburg then sign d relatively cheap arsenal bound carlos vela and alexis sanchez and lets see wot d PL av for us next season as we’ll b going into evry match like a winner xo i support d SERGE AURIER/DRMIC OR LOIC REMY/LUIZ GUSTAVO/ALEXIZ SANCHEZ N VELA Which combined fees is nt more than £70m

13. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning CM, Understand where your coming from, having seen our youngsters play a few times this season i have to say i wouldn’t cross the road to watch them.

I haven’t in all honesty seen anybody who i would want in the Arsenal first team, I know they can get better and i hope they do, but to take over senior players i think we need to buy them in.

Dead rubber or not, supporters are still putting themselves out, I don’t know what they expect when they turn up, but i know what i expect when i go.

I still look for a step up the ladder, not sure of the positions but if Chelsea lose and we score 8 goals today can’t we still get Third 🙂

15. Allan 1340 says:

We don’t need this 3 point, but we need our player for next weekend and it will stupid to injure our key player for this game. I say use our young player and let the test of first team and this also give them opportunity to se what PL is about.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars……..

Sniffer alert ….

Morning all, I think you’ve got it spot on Raddy. I like Norwich too – for all the reasons you list. They’re down so we don’t have to feel guilty if we beat them.

So today Sanogo will score his first Arsenal goal(s) and go on to be a very useful striker and show NB just how much can be achieved if you can be bothered to put the work in.

Eurovision last night was a crime against music with about as much integrity in the voting process as FIFA … but very entertaining nevertheless.

18. chas…….it`s come to my attention that you post quite a few photo`s of yourself on here !…….your narcissism is only bettered by myself , so much so, that my mirrored sunglasses are mirrored on the inside !. hahaha

Haha, you’re right, I only post the ones which don’t make me look like an old grandad.

I bet you wouldn’t mind getting booked by her, Cockie!

21. chas…….corrrr !….I would become the first player ever up in front of a FA disciplinary committee on molesting charges !. hahaha

22. ai-zed says:

@Steve so? should we sell them? stats can be made to say whatever the user wants it say, I believe what I see with my eyes & that’s we are a much more potent side with those three players, giroud has more goals than aguero, who would you like leading your attack? #stats# if jack is fit i’d like to see him start by the way

Hi ai-zed, please ignore ‘steve’ he is a troll. Have a look at the Trolls tab at the top of the page to see our policy on dealing with them.

24. Strange that Big Raddy, and all posters (especially Kelsey), haven’t mentioned that this could be Arsene Wenger’s last League game for us. Regarding all the speculation written by so many on this site recently, regarding “the contract” (or not), I’m rather surprised that no-one else has bothered to comment.

Sorry, but it’s gotta be worth a mention hasn’t it?

ALSO, this is definitely Big Raddy’s last League pre-match of the season of course; thanks for your time and effort on each and every one, BR. It’s much appreciated by moi.

Big Al. It really is my pleasure and I appreciate your thanks.

26. JM says:

My thoughts on GiE’s previous post:

“Sagna is good; Zanetti is legend”.
    {Javier Zanetti retiring at age 40 years, after being with Inter for 19 seasons}. Respect.

This post:
    I am looking at our players’ training bibs for some clues on the starting line-up. So far seen in pictures: White bibs (Koscielny, Vermaelen, Giroud, Flamini, Wilshere) vs Green bibs (Ozil, Ramsey, Monreal, Podolski, Arteta); inclining on the latter group to start.

27. ai-zed says:

thanks rasper, I blame sunderland, if they had not brought down the bridge at Stamford the trolls might have had a home yet…

Apologies Raddy, may I add my appreciation for the epic task of producing the pre-match posts, they’re all top notch and unlike any other PM’s I’ve read on the net (in a good way 😛 )

😆 ai-zed, no problem. Trolls are easy to recognise, they talk bollix and repeat themselves.

Why especially me Big Al ?

I have no problem with AW continuing as our manager but I have a number of reservations,but that is for another day or even a post.

By the way Raddy, OX hasn’t travelled,still not fully fit.

31. Kelsey
    My comment wasn’t to question as to whether you’re happy with Wenger, not happy, or have reservations.
    My comment was regarding whether he will sign/not sign a new contract. No more no less. The contract, the whole contract, and nothing but the contract.

After blogging with your good self (at some length may I add) on the question of whether he will be/will not be signing said contract, I was very clear where I stood (SKY TV ‘proof’) if you remember. And there was quite some distance between us.

I personally had no doubts/HAVE no doubts that he will sign.
    You, however, harboured doubts. And that’s why I thought you of all people might be the one to mention this match may well be his last League game.

Yet I was the one to mention it (when I don’t even need to) as I am 99.999% sure he will sign the contract.
    Rather ironic.

The end of Wenger’s reign and no-one even speaks?
    That in itself assures me that all on this site today are also as confident as me on the contract issue.

32. JM says:

Starting:
    Fabianski, Jenkinson, Sagna, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky, Ramsey, Ozil, Podolski, Giroud

Subs:
    Szczesny, Monreal, Wilshere, Kallstrom, Flamini, Diaby, Sanogo

Raddy,

I would like to add my appreciation to your incredible pre-match posts. I always look forward to reading them and you never disappoint.

34. ai-zed says:

Little Mozart & the wizard of Oz…..!!!!!!!! this should be beautiful

Raddy

Thank you for yet another fabulous PM. Always great reads. Damn, only one left to savour 😦

Ooo, Fabianski in goal. Mmm. Great to see Rambo starting.

36. White Bear says:

Thank you Raddy for this and more than 40 other prematch gems! You are an absolute star and get my vote for the AAer of the season

I am not sure about today’s game, but I will definitely visit Norwich this summer and think of you!

Poor chanteur looks very deflated – own goal, how sad

37. ai-zed says:

super slide tackle by prince poldi….guess he really wants that FA cup start, some super interplay going on here

38. arnie says:

Brilliant stuff as ever, Raddy. An inconsequential game if ever there was one. Hope the good guys win, even if narrowly. all eyes and ears on next week. COYG. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Not an awful lot to say.

Ummm….

Could switch channels in about 45 mins and watch some blubbing fans somewhere 🙂

Have that !! Lovely goal from Aaron

WOW

That was worth waiting for 🙂

Or what the Daily Mirror and it’s reader would call…pure luck 🙂

reminded me of Rosicky’s goal against Spurs

44. White Bear says:

come on lads, we only need 17 goals to finish 3rd!!!

45. White Bear says:

Grandad would be proud

Jenko is a Gooner
    Jenko is a Gooner
    lalalala lalalala

So pleased for Jenks

Jenks is a Gooner
    Jenks is a Gooner
    la la la la

Ha ha Chas
    Took me that long to type it 🙂

52. White Bear says:

abu diaby ) wonders never cease

Come to see Diaby
    You’ve only come to see Diaby

55. White Bear says:

ha ha ha ! He is getting a reception and a half

56. Our away support is amazing, haven’t stopped singing

57. Bayonne Jean says:

Please please please please please keep Bac!!! Admittedly not the most threatening of opposition, but he’s been a rock at centre back, looks very comfortable with Kos. For a few quid and a longer term, it would be like having two extra squad players who could give you heart and quality every time.

58. White Bear says:

Diaby is not match fit
    Away Boyz are fab, gotta love them

Superb second half

Some great posted things Chas

And Spuds managed to cock things up even further for themselves by winning, thus ensuring Thursday night football 🙂

61. neamman says:

Peaches
    Can you kindly give GN5 my email so that we can contact each other to meet for the FA Cup?

62. neamman says:

Just want to say thanks to all the regular article writers here for keeping this site THE Arsenal blog to visit!!!!!

63. Yes neaman, will do

The singing was a lot better than last night in Copenhagen and by the way I will really miss Sagna,who again had a great game and his partnership with Kos was telepathc,regardless that it was Norwich.

65. Shame Norwich went down, but a win is a win. I hope that the team is settled for the final now.

We almost got as many points as the billionaire London Oilers.

Spuds win to make the sacking of Sherwood even more embarrassing .

City being the least awful of the alternatives win the title.

All top 6 teams win

Jenks scores his maiden goal. Ramsey scores a belter.

All is good.

67. Adrian says:

Away fans were amazing today, didn’t stop singing and it was great to hear them chant Diaby’s name the minute he came on. Understandably a cup final looming up was part of the reason but would be great if we had a bit more of that enthusiasm in certain home games.

Oh and Aaron Ramsey, take a bow lad. Even the Norwich fans applauded that goal.

Anyone see Wenger’s interview ?
    he said he would be manager next season but he seemed really misearble/sad/depressed or may I say ill.
    To say his interview was low key would be an under statement.

69. arnie says:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Bring on Hull. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

70. arnie says:

GiE: many many apols I could not come in yesterday. 😦 for whatever it is worth, here are my views briefly. No surprises here. (1) Sagna has been a fabulous foot-soldier for the good guys. (2) yes, he has been slowing down, but he does not need to be shooed out, he is still valuable. (3) Jenk’s progress has been slow, and maybe it will change after today. (4) In any case, if Bac is hell bent on leaving, so be it, we will survive. COYG. 🙂 🙂 🙂

71. RC78 says:

Let us win the cup now…

I am a bit annoyed that all the major players that left us went on to win a league/title almost immediately…I look at Nasri and Clichy gathering silverware at Shitty and it annoys me – same with RVP.

I hope that we keep our best players now and that we compete for the EPL next year…Until then, let us win the FA Cup EMPHATICALLY to send a STRONG SIGNAL to our EPL RIVALS: We are back in contention with a purpose!

Fab – Bac, Kos, Per, Gibbs – Ramsey, Flamini, Arteta – Cazorla, Giroud, Ozil should start the final

We should keep some ammo on the bench and I really hope that Ox will make it back to the squad for the final…

Bench: TPIG, Jenks, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Rosicky, Wilshere, Ox, Podolski

72. arnie says:

RC78: what? no Diaby? 😛

73. ces1ne says:

Another year as the highest quality & most civil Arsenal blog…..well done AAers!!!!!

I know wages/signing bonus will be HUGE (in terms of #s & deciding factor)………but does anyone realistically think that Sagna could unsurp Zabaletta @ Citeh or Ivanovic @ Chavs for a starting birth?? This is not like the Clichy transfer a few years back where Citeh were looking for a “quality” left back to play a lot of minutes or the BSR transfer to ManUre where he was at the top of his game & a focal point.
    Both of the players Ivanovic & Zabaletta are literally 2 of the best players on their respective teams & don’t sit out too much, even with squad rotation…………I realize $$$ is not a factor to Citeh/Chelski so the high offers are nothing to them, but after all these years starting at Arsenal is Sagna really going to go to either place to sit on the bench quite a bit for a possible medal & a boatload of $??

—-I love Bac, but he’s NOT better than the 2 in his position….so please save the “he could fight it out with Zab/Ivan for playing time” arguments.

74. GOONERKAM says:

Well done. Well done .WELL DONE!!
    congratulations to everyone on the team, AW & all true fans of the ARSENAL that stood by their club through thick and thin. Job done today and job done during the campaign. Proud gooner here.
    Now
    1) bring the cup home
    2) tie everyone up and tell them they aren’t going anywhere.
    3) a good transfer summer with fresh blood to make the team even deeper than it is now.
    4) stay injury free and bring THEO BACK in full attack mood after the WC. WOOOOFF.
    time to celebrate and some responsible drinking. hehe

Sounds like I missed a fun game.

I was busy wrecking the shed I took down last week into manageable chunks to take to the dump.

Garden redesign starts tomorrow with the arrival of a digger. Can’t wait…..would prefer to be doing it myself but I really haven’t for the time to be laying sleepers and lawn. Just about to set the camera up for a timelapse which should be good to see the transformation.

76. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all,
    Just read the post again, and made my mind up, Very good post RA 🙂

Liked the bit about the Romans and the history of Norwich, Maybe i was hasty this morning, and unfair. I realised later where you was coming from, and although i disagree with fielding weakened sides, can understand that for many Gooner’s the cup is more important.

Even so, i was pleased that Wenger played many of our stars, In my mind one game is much the same as any other, Players sign on to play a full season, and i feel that means all the games they are fit for.

Of course i want us to win the cup, and i hope everybody who played today, is fit to be picked, should the Manager pick them, But i still think he did the right thing.

Evening all, a classy end to our league season and our 16th clean sheet. Can anyone tell me who got the assists for our goals today?

78. stevepalmer1 says:

Poldi for Ramsey’s and Jenks was a rebound

Thanks Steve, I’ve just watched the vid of Ramsey’s goal and the commentary gives the assist to Giroud?

80. ai-zed says:

Giroud for the 1st assist

Exile
    “Just about to set the camera up for a timelapse”
    I call that “surveillance” 🙂

Goonerkam
    “time to celebrate and some responsible drinking”. Woof indeed 🙂

Off now, but would like to be welcomed by Our/The PL’s Goal of The Season. You know the one 🙂

82. stevepalmer1 says:

Sorry Rasp only saw it once

Micky 😀

A mates doing it so I doubt they’ll take the piss, I’ll clear it with him before it starts.

Was just working out how long to set the intervals. Every 5 minutes was plan but would only get a 1sec clip per day which would be rubbish, so going for once a minute which means on a 30fps vid 1 hour would pass in 2 secs.

Rasp
    Giroud for Ramsey
    Podolski for Jenkinson

85. GOONERKAM says:

Not tonit rayray. I got a headache honeybuns.
    BIG RADDY
    I have started with tequila shots and beer chasers. lol
    Happy mothers day to all wonderful moms out there.
    So happy for CARL. the kid is going to be amazing. Just loves the RED&WHITES.
    I still got half a Sunday to have a blast.

86. Goonerkam says:

Goodness me. CHAS
    That is a beautiful THIFA. Assistant referee. I could never raise my voice to creature like that.
    I could however get in her face regarding a call she just made. Or the weather. (0(

87. arnie says:

vote for goal of the season, chums. 🙂

88. neamman says:

the team goal in the home game against Norwich

BR
    Thanks for a super pre-match (which I have just read long after the actual match – I now know what it feel like to be Kelsey 🙂 ).

And I’d like to add my appreciation to all those who have thanked you for providing such great PMs all season long.

Personally I’m taking a lot of positives out of this season – especially if we can do the biz next week.

COYRRG

On This Day 1979: Arsenal beat Man U 3-2 to win the FA Cup – as Alan Sunderland scored a dramatic last-minute winner.

WOW

Simply stunning volley.

Thanks Chas

Unbelievably great goal

Morning, GIE.

How’s the wrecking going?

Look at the leap on that woman!

Chas

Oh God…Him. He’s bleeding King Kev now is he.

Saw him at passport control coming back from Bayern!

Aftotnoon, Micky

Yeah, I know, late to the bridge for the morning watch.

So, he’s called Baso is he. Mate of yours?

No, I just follow The Supporters Club on twatter.
    He’s part of the Gunflash team.
    I remember when my old man used to buy that regularly.

105. arnie says:

motning all.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. very very happy. 🙂 🙂 🙂

106. arnie says:

Evonne and Peaches: lovely pic of the best babby girl Gooner! 🙂

Blimey, never heard of The Gunflash Team.

108. arnie says:

‘Team’, as in he helps to sell it and drinks in the Supporters Club bar on Gillespie Road!
    It costs a pound to go in, they’ve got some great photos on the wall if you ever get the time to pop in.

110. arnie says:

My AA Comms System is suffering interference of some kind. Maybe it’s the electronics on from Exile’s surveillance network that’s causing problems.

Arnie’s 7.25, for example, is a line. That’s it.

Can’t help thinking Exile’s plan will backfire, given it’s a Mate’s company doing the landscaping.

“And this. Between 13:00 hrs and 15:00 hrs. What exactly is Spikey doing precisely. He appears to be smoking a large cigarette, and as far as I can tell, is then having a siesta”

Wrecking went very well Chas. I do like a cro-bar club hammer combo.

Have managed to get a bloody cold though!!

Baso has been wearing the full half kit combo for as long as I can remember. (Didn’t know his name until today but used to see him when I went as a kid. First effort I remember was the 89 league winning kit, because away and home were perfectly symmetrical it worked really well, even did the socks from memory.

One of our Geordie mate calls them a ‘Jarra’ Carrot.

Yep, the time lapse should be great fun.

“And here. If I swing the camera left 50 degrees, at 9@07am we see Spikey helping young Mrs Quick next door with her washing. Now I realize I wanted you to be civil with the neighbours, and of course Mr Quick is out all day, but Spikey doesn’t return to work until 11:45am”

117. arnie says:

Micky: 😦 Refresh works on my laptop. browser Mozilla FF.

Did Mrs Quick have a re-run of the game on?
    Over 2 and a half hours?

Chas

I believe we’re about to find out, as Exile is around the Quick’s as we speak, installing covert cameras while she get’s the kettle on.

I know this is a rubbish photo of another photo but I took it in the Supporters’ Club because my old man got one of the really early numbers in the AFSC membership so he must have been about that day.

GIE
    Stick one in her laundry basket.

……a covert camera, of course.

Went to see Steve Ignorant on Saturday night.
    I’ve been listening to some old Crass stuff.
    Stripped and bare.

Right, having bored everyone to pieces, here’s one last photo to enjoy.

Aaron Ramsey celebrates his goal with Lukas Podolski

Morning all

I have a little, no banner, preview for you.

I mean review 🙂

Blimey
    If you look carefully at the Chas pic @8:48, you can see Mesut smiling. A first?

Kelsey OUT,
    I sent a petition pleading that you don’t get your own banner. There were many signatures. It’s your hair that’s the problem. I, for one, am sick of it, and it would appear that I’m not alone 🙂

Santi, Jack, Santi, Ollie, Jack, Ollie, Jack GOOOOOAAAL

I’ll never get tired of watching that goal.

Ooops back again

That one was for the sound.

131. RC78 says:

In your opinion, who will make it to the England squad from our palyers?

– Our one definite best is out until next year so no WC for Walcott

– Gibbs is facing a tough competition with Baines and Shaw so I doubt it

– Wilshere is 50-50 as it solely depends on his fitness. I do not think that he shuold go based on his fitness level and lack of performance this year. Barkley and/or Lallana could take his place easily

– Ox is 70/30 – only because England needs his pace and power. He needs to get fit though but if he is fit enough, he is going. I hope for him as I really think he would learn a lot from the WC

– That’s all folks for England squad hopeful…

If I were Hodgson, I would take:

3 – Hart, Foster, Ruddy
    7 – Johnson, Jones, Cahill, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines, Shaw
    7 – Barry, Carrick, Gerrard, Milner, Henderson, Barkley, Lallana
    6 – Sterling, Sturridge, Rooney, Ox, Lambert, Wellbeck

Hart – Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines – Barry or Milner, Gerrard, Henderson – Sterling, Rooney, Sturridge

Morning all, we’re just doing some work behind the scenes … publishing shortly

133. RC78 says:

I think that England has the right balance of experience and youth at the moment. The spine is strong with Hart – Cahill – Gerrard – Rooney who are all experienced – I really think that if you get out of the group, you can go extremely far as the team is balanced, strong, talented and pacey.

We have a new post ………………..