So, we got a win – a welcome one too! We had some good movement around the park and created good chances although our goals were (s)crappy at best…
A) Things we noticed ………
1) We set up as a 3-4-3, which may be a temporary set up due to the limited availability of players or it could be a real shift. I believe in the latter as mentioned yesterday – it is the only way I could rationalize Luiz extending his stay with us. And to be fair, we did quite well defensively in a 3-4-3 set-up, the only dangerous situations faced from the right side of our defensive unit: Bellerin-Mustafi. These two clearly need to improve their defensive understanding. They were not helped by a very disengaged Ceballos…Holding had a good game and Martinez too and Tierney also showed good discipline and defensive work as LCB. Saka and Auba thrived on the left and Xhaka had a decent passing game although he did his usual mistakes that led to opposition chances. Pepe had a quieter game than last one but I think that he was hampered by Ceballos..
2) The elephant in the room or more like the Elephant not in the room…Guendouzi..Seems him and Arteta had a fall-out in February and since then, Douzi was walking on a tight rope and clearly his Maupay throat grabbing was too much for Arteta. Douzi was apparently disciplined today and asked to be allowed to leave the club. We are talking 40 Mln EUR for a player bought for 8 Mln – well done Minslat! I still think it is a massive mistake to let him go but if the coach and him don’t get along, we gotta support and trust our coach.
3). Nketiah may have the edge over Laca now, maybe mostly because he is ready to do the high-press. What is your take?
B) Some questions ……….
1) Shall we give AMN a run ahead of Bellerin in the next game?
2) Shall we stick to the 343 formation?
3) Ceballos is not looking comfortable really so shall we already line up his replacement as it seems that we are going to let Douzi go? Is Partey the player we need to replace Ceballos? If so – will our midfield options be: Partey, Xhaka, Willock, Torreira. If so, we definitely need one more option that is a lot more defensive-minded -> Brozovic?
4) Ozil has not been playing and I really think that like Mkhy, he may not be suited to the type of pressing game demanded by Artera. Shall we release him or at least convince him to move on? I am sure teams in Italy, Germany and France would welcome him. He could be a key player for teams like Monaco for example.
5) How excited are you about next game? I am looking forward to another win or at least a passionate performance with the following line-up?
Martinez – Mustafi, Holding, Tierney – AMN, Willock, Xhaka, Saka – Pepe, Nketiah, Auba