Oil Money FC losing to Wigan – Good, Bad or Irrelevant to The Arsenal?

So, the quadruple is off. What effect might that have on Sunday’s game at Wembley?

Seeds of doubt sown.

Shows that anything is possible in a one-off game – even when you have only 17% possesion.

Aguero might be banned for throwing a punch at a supporter.

(Photo by Gareth Copley/Getty Images)

Delph is banned?

City look less effective without De Bruyne.

They could be after revenge against the footballing gods and take it out on us.

Mancs, spuds and chavs path to the trophy got easier.

De Bruyne will be playing.

They can’t be as bad as in last season’s semi.

What happens in a different competition six days prior to a Final has no bearing whatsoever.

In a one-off game even the BFG can play in Beckenbauer fashion.

Auba will be playing.

Good, bad or not relevant to Sunday? What do you think?

Mink DeVille

54 Responses to Oil Money FC losing to Wigan – Good, Bad or Irrelevant to The Arsenal?

Morning Chas,

The quality of football played by Manchester City can only be admired, they are a footballing machine of the top echelon. No dirty play no diving and superb control. Gee if only I was talking about Arsenal but alas I’m not – we are way behind them and can only hope for a one off freak result. Goalkeeping is perhaps their only possible weakness.

To answer your question, I believe it will be important to have both Auba and Miki in the team – especially if we get a repeat of their link play against Everton.

Thanks chas …. if anything I err on the side of ‘good’

We know we can beat anyone in a one off encounter … city and chavs in the FA cup last year.

We also know that we can on occasion get pretty much everything right (also get most things wrong sometimes too 🙄 ) …. and then we are a match for city.

The dream is for us to win the Europa League, the Carabao would be an extra bonus … the nightmare is for the tots to win the FA cup.

Have I got this right Auba can play Sunday?

Thanks for the read Chas.

5. JM says:

Aubameyang can play in the cup final; Mkhitaryan is cup-tied (i.e. he is likely to play the 2nd leg vs Ostersunds this Thursday). Wilshere and Koscielny should return to 1st team action for the cup final.

First up though, vs Ostersunds 2nd leg (Europa cup) – e.g. who is being lined up to play at the start and on the bench; will we take any more injuries to key 1st team players etc.

The Carabao cup final is a one-off KO match. We can beat Man City on that day at Wembley.

The Carabao Cup has not been shown on Canadian TV so I will miss watching the game live but I can listen on Arsenal.com. I can possibly watch on a dodgy stream.

Oh dear it’s a shame that Miki is cup tied.

2 posts in a day!

Of course we can beat them. We have done so before and will do so again – probably twice this season.

The one player we really need to be fit is Ramsey. He is our De Bruyne.

Is it good they lost? Meh … on balance No, for the reason LB gave i.e. there is more chance of Lillywhite silverware.

red and white shirt with front frills

not relevant me thinks. It hurts city not to win the all 4 cups, but even the mancs are not as stupid as to think they could.

They will no doubt go after us and in case they are going to be shit, we can definitely be even shittier.

At first I did think how good it was that Citeh had been beat. It might chip away at their growing invincibilty shield.

Then negative chas took over, thinking that we might suffer the retributional consequences of their ignominy. I hadn’t thought about the easier passage to the Final for those we despise until LB mentioned it.

On balance I think it’s probably completely irrelevant, but we have to make it about us somehow, don’t we? 🙂

How does one post yesterday morning and one this morning equal 2 posts in a day?
    Have you lost some time along the way somewhere?

Wear red for Wembley!
    Red shorts as well.

chas. Depends upon how many hours there are in your day e.g who decided there should be 7 days in a week? I know I didn’t.

15. Aaron says:

Aura of invincibility has worn off, sheen and luster starting to fade.
    Hell yes, The Arsenal have a chance!

sterling is a diver-period as is alli.
    delph is not playing.

May the gods smile kindly upon Ramsey, we all know how well he plays in cup finals.

Would enjoy getting another piece of Silverware to go along with the 1st one the team collected when the last years FA Cup winner beat the EPL winner to start the season.

Everyone have faith that the spuds will slip on a peel, soon.

Looking forward to Sunday!

The Earth rotates once in about 24 hours with respect to the Sun, but once every 23 hours, 56 minutes, and 4 seconds with respect to the stars.

There are seven days in a week partly because of the 29.5 day cycle of the moon phases (rounded to 28) and partly because there were 7 celestial bodies visible to the naked eye (or some such bolleaux).

Day 1: Moon (Monday)
    Day 2: Mars (Tuesday)
    Day 3: Mercury (Wednesday)
    Day 4: Jupiter (Thursday)
    Day 5: Venus (Friday)
    Day 6: Saturn (Saturday)
    Day 7: Sun (Sunday)

I haven’t got one single item of arsenal clothing left to put on my dogs 😦 granddaughter took the last hat. Mind you, only chubby is a true Gunner. Pitt is a coward, perhaps bottler from Tottenham.

The day I get, but the moon phases I reject with every gram of my being.

I was in the North Bank when McClair missed.

What a repulsive team that MU wre, and they got worse, Sheringham, Cantona, Hughes, Robson, Cole, Ince, Irwin, Giggs, Bruce etc,. Front bottoms to a man

Tell that to the missus!

She already knows.

Love the Spurs thing

oxford graduate, good looking, young, athlete, everything to live for dies at 27, how terrible for the family

“Doncaster Knights prop Ian Williams has died at the age of 27.

The Championship club said the player collapsed at training on Tuesday and could not be resuscitated.

Williams, who was an Oxford University graduate, joined the Knights in the summer after a spell at local rivals Rotherham Titans”

proper Gunner dog, whose is he, guess the owner

Not that it matters 🙂 … but why is LB being credited with mentioning the totts winning the FA Cup?

you need to read the morning comments rasp.

nobody can guess the owner of the pug? It’s Ozil 🙂

I thought it might be Jack.

It was Eddie’s comment (at 7:58 am) about City taking out their frustration on us and LB’s (at 9:08 am) about the spuds route to the Final that made me think there might be a post in it.

Aha … all is clear, I hadn’t read LB’s comment on the previous post … great minds and all that 🙂

Eddie 5.08 😀 😀

no!!! Jack’s pugs are beige

his name is Balboa 🙂

That was very interesting. And I worry about whether Cech will ever save a penalty.

36. Zee says:

Good Post — enjoyable comments!! 😀

Quality chas. Confident in my sexuality, for all your entertaining contributions to the blog I salute you.

Of course, in order to be sure we don’t end up like Uri Gellers spoon, any admiration society should be kept to a minimum.

There was a kid at my school, Stephen North, who was a bender. He could warp metal and allegedly MI5 used him to help a British spy escape from Russia by bending the bars of his cell. He was on the front page of The Sun and everything. He was a really strange kid. Never looked at you in the eye, always the groin. After talking to him, I always broke out in a cold sweat and would check to make sure nothing was misshaped.

Like LB, I wanted City to win. If Totnumb are in any competition I want as many top sides in it as possible. Obviously, my biggest fear, apart from North discovering he can bend the object of his choice, is those mugs flukeing the champions league? Can’t happen can it?

I think we will beat City. They play great football but there the kind of team who will give us chances.

38. Zee says:

😀 😀

39. fred1266 says:

Anyone gutted Chelsea drew today, I was so ruthing for OG

Lollipop man!

7.08. Imagine how many hours went into making that machine and then the music. Wonderful example of human ingenuity.

Haha I fell for the air horn gag

I thought, hmmm, Chas has a dark side.

44. VP of Oz says:

6:39, a day at the beach, nice

According to the tweet that 6.39 photo was National Geographic’s Photo of the year!

I thought it was fake or CGI or something.

New Post