Top Six PL Teams Final Countdown

With only twelve games remaining Arsenal find themselves in sixth place, five points out of a Champions League position. Manchester City are run away leaders and are odds on favourites to win the championship with second place Manchester United a distant thirteen points behind. The only question that remains to be answered is the final positions of the next five teams, with this in mind here are the remaining games for each club.

With the recent additions of Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang, Arsenal appear to have improved our attacking options but will our suspect defence be good enough?

It’s important for us to keep up the momentum after the Everton game where our offence was superb and AW was able to field his preferred defensive partnerships.

Next up we play Tottenham at Wembley, the NLD is always a spirited game with an electric atmosphere that could easily spark a fire. Win this and we will enhance our top 4 possibilities – lose and it will look like a bridge too far.

Our goal is straight forward, we have to get 5 points more than Spurs and 6 points more than Chelsea – do you think it’s possible?

I do……………………..

GunnerN5

49 Responses to Top Six PL Teams Final Countdown

Cheers, GN5.
    It always helps to see all of the remaining fixtures in such a well-presented, bite-size chunk.

About the only thing I can say with any great degree of surety, is that even if we got the full 36 points from the remaining 12 games, we still wouldn’t overhaul the Ben Johnson of the Premier League. 🙂

New Spurs badge from twitter.

Thanks GN5

Bottom line is this: you know it, I know it, they know it….it could happen again 🙂 🙂

6. Nadeem says:

Arsenal had a good game agains Everton.
    If we pull off the game agains Tot.with a win then will make to four.
    Reason Liverpool all ready feel under pressure so is Chelsea

7. Red Arnie says:

Thank you GN5. Top stuff. 🙂

If we win the NLD, we get to within 2 points, and then it is all to play for. Otherwise, ST day is probably lost for this year as well.

As Poch says, they will try to “trick” the opponents, by any means possible. But we will see.

Chavs are likely, I think, to slip a bit further before they recover. All to play for. 🙂

i think the pressure is on – they sold several players, bought at record price and all in january. There must be a reason for it and my educated guess is the CL money. Wenger will deliver, I have no doubt

We have overtake 2 teams, a tall order. Prime candidates have to be chavs and the bottlers. Exciting, very exciting time

thank you for the post GN5, well researched. As usual 🙂

about Abuameyang – I was told in Poland that last season he was head to head with Lewandowski to become the top bundesliga goal scorer. Lewy is not very well liked and he was stitched up by his team mates – they would not pass to him in the last 2 matches of the league and made sure that Auba scored 2 and won by 1 goal.

Great work GN5, thank you.

We are reliant on two of the other 3 (pool, chavs and totts) to lose at least 3 games and us to go unbeaten. A tall order. It’s possible.

I expect us to finish above the miscreants, and after that I think the chavs are more likely to catchable. It’ll be fun watching it pan out … and could easily all be decided on the last game of the season.

Let’s hope we’ve got the Europa League cup final as a fall back CL option.

I wondered if there was any truth in that Lewandowski claim or whether it was just Polish sour grapes.
    This was all I could find – last minute of last game of that season, perfect floated ball for Lewandowski to head in but he fluffs his lines and heads across goal by mistake. 🙂

ooooohhh I should have known that i will be corrected.

perhaps he missed that particular sitter, but there opportunities were few and far between?
    I don’t particularly like Lewandowski, but I believe that story

14. VP of Oz says:

I’m very confident that we will finish in the top 4, as I am every season including last season.

So all the way over in Oz, gossip on the field is that Chelsea collapse against Watford was a stitch up for money/gambling etc.

All modern steel produced after the atomic bomb tests of the 1940s and 50s is contaminated with radionuclides.

People salvage sunken WW2 ships in order to sell the metal to be used in X-ray and MRI machines where low background dose is important. This pre A-bomb steel is most famously gathered from the scuttled German World War I battleships in Scapa Flow.

In 1919, over 50 warships of the German High Seas Fleet were scuttled by their crews at Scapa Flow following the deliverance of the fleet as part of the terms of the German surrender. Rear Admiral Ludwig von Reuter ordered the sinkings, denying the majority of the ships to the British.

Fred Scuttle

16. Red Arnie says:

I love conspiracy theories. 🙂

This one about Auba is particularly nice. I like the idea that Auba was rubbish at Dortmund. Propped up only because the Germans hate the Poles so much that they needed a different mast to tie their flag to. And then, erstwhile rubbish Auba comes to Arsenal and transforms into a fantastic world-leading striker. Cheers to that. 🙂

BTW, the one about the Chavs is even more plausible and heart-warming. Cheers to that as well. 🙂

arnie – where did you read Auba was rubbish at Dortmund? Talking about making something out of nothing

Love the stories

My advice to all, is make up anything you like that fits your own agenda. Just be sure there can be no evidence to either support or contradict your theory

Then and most crucially, state it as fact, and call anyone who questions you a thick twat

19. Red Arnie says:

perfect. Micky. 🙂 and there you go, Eddie. 🙂

Hey Chas

Looking at your excellent choice of graphic to decorate the GN5 words, can we assume that Ben Johnson representing the Northern Oilers implies an element of substance abuse in their ranks and that Utd as Carl Lewis implies they enjoy the company of other gentlemen?

Or what 🙂

Hey Arnie

I’d like to talk to you for 20 mins
    Do you have my email address
    It’s re India: money, cash, culture and future of crypto there

arnie – you is a thick twat.

23. Red Arnie says:

sure, Micky. Let me hunt your email up. late-ish evening today? 🙂

Eddie. 🙂

Eddie 🙂 🙂

Arnie
    Brilliant. Email a time.

We will learn everything we need to know on Saturday, was the Everton game a one off or has a new paradigm of Wengerball with all its entertaining flair and cutting edged efficiency really arrived at the home of football?

hoooooohooooo LB, you are raising the stakes
    It’s another game, we lose we have to recover, we win we/i (and all those near N15 rather than the sticks or Scotland) can taunt the neighbours. Big deal

Hey Micky

The Ben Johnson reference was meant to imply doping, but more financial than anything narco.

I wasn’t aware that Carl Lewis preferred the back door.

Is that brave Linford in third?

Had a quick look at the contestants in that race – I think we’re on the runner in lane 7.
    Having read this, I wish we’d been on lane 8, though how he had any energy left for sprinting, I’ll never know. 🙂

1. Robson da Silva (BRA) 5th in 10.11 secs
    Brazil’s greatest sprinter, who won a bronze medal in the 200m in Seoul, has never been linked to drugs use. He now works as a television commentator in his home country.

2. Ray Stewart (JAM) 8th in 12.26
    Went on to become a leading coach but was charged by US Track and Field for allegedly trafficking banned substances to athletes and was banned from the sport for life in 2010.

3. Carl Lewis (US) 1st in 9.92
    The most decorated track and field Olympian now owns a marketing firm, CLEG, after a failed attempt to enter politics. Was revealed to have failed three drugs tests prior to the 1988 Games but was cleared by America’s Olympic Committee.

4. Linford Christie (GB) 2nd in 9.97
    Britain’s most successful sprinter failed two drugs tests – in 1988 and 1999 – but has always said he was innocent. Became a coach and runs sports management firm Nuff Respect.

5. Calvin Smith (US) 3rd in 9.99
    The only sprinter to finish in the original top five who never tested positive for drugs, Smith was inducted into the US track hall of fame in 2007 and is now a social worker.

6. Ben Johnson (CAN) Disqualified
    Tested positive for stanozolol after ‘winning’ the race in 9.79secs. Failed two more tests during his career. After working as a trainer for Colonel Gaddafi’s son, Al-Saadi, he is now trying to heighten awareness about doping.

7. Desai Williams (CAN) 6th in 10.11
    An inquiry set up after the Games found that Williams had been supplied with steroids by a doctor. Went on to work for the American Red Cross and Toronto Argonauts football team.

8. Dennis Mitchell (US) 4th in 10.04
    Went on to win two World Championship golds, before testing for testosterone in 1998. Claimed the result was due to having sex four times with his wife that day. Now works as a trainer.

29. Red Arnie says:

LB. Yes. 🙂 I would replace “arrived” with “returned”. 🙂

30. Red Arnie says:

Micky. did you receive my email? 8PM? 🙂

i am VERY sorry, sincere apologies to all. I meant N17 not N15.

GN5. Thank you

There are two Raddys, one is the positive chap who thinks we will win every game by at least 5 goals, the other thinks we will lose to anyone unless given a 3 goal start.

In this case , it is the latter who has sway. I think we will finish 6th. I expect Spurs to finish 3rd, and the Chavs to miss out on the CL places.

Hurts to write but honest.

On the other hand, we could go on an unbeaten run, and finish in 2nd 😀

What?

36. Red Arnie says:

motning Chas, motning all.

Micky, where is Micky?

Cheers GN5. I think we can catch and overtake the Chavs but weirdly feel we might catch Utd more so than Pool and possibly Spuds. Don’t know why, maybe just I feel there is some unrest there bubbling under the surface and feel we can beat them at their place and that they will drop more points than us with other games.

Having said that if we turn over Spuds at the weekend they will start to feel it a bit methinks. Chavs and Spuds remain more realistic ones to catch. Just have to hope that AW gets our very talented squad firing.

GB- I also think that we have best chance against the neighbours, which is a good think because as a club they are our most hated opponents. It’s easier to fight someone you despise.

out of our 5 opponents this season I hate 1.chavs, 2.mancs, 3.pool and 4.spurs most in that order. City are sort of ok, I can accept their dominance.

Nice day for it.

Awesome fish vid

40. VP of Oz says:

ESPN ( BY MATTIAS KAREN, ARSENAL CORRESPONDENT):

Arsene Wenger has said English players “may have become the masters of diving” ahead of Saturday’s North London derby against arch-rivals Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino defended Alli by saying football is about trying to “trick your opponent,” but speaking at a news conference on Thursday, Wenger said: “We have to get the diving out of the game.

“I remember there were tremendous cases here when foreign players did it, but I must say the English players have learned very quickly and they might even be the masters now.”

But Wenger stressed that it was important not to interpret Pochettino’s remark as excusing diving.

“I am convinced that he wanted to say that tricking your opponent is to say that you have to be clever,” he said.

“How far was it an apology for diving? I’m not sure at all. I don’t think he would.

“In my personal case I don’t encourage them to dive at all. Sometimes you want your players to be intelligent, they have played a little bit with the rules, they make more of it on the penalty case.

“Every striker will do that. They extend, a little bit, the rules. Where is it and how far can you go? That is down to the referees and I think that sometimes, at normal speed, it is very difficult to determine.

“Most of the time, when a player is going to the goalkeeper, they push the ball away from goal.

“I think they had a good rule in England when I arrived here. When the striker pushes the ball away from the goal, they didn’t give penalties because the only resource the striker has after is to look for a penalty.

“In many cases it’s like that now, the guy goes and if the goalkeeper has their hands off, the striker leaves a leg as long as he can to make sure that the goalkeeper touches him. But that’s not really a penalty.”

Morning all.

Beating Spurs on Saturday could be just the catalyst we need for the rest of the season. Lets just hope that the game is not shrouded in controversy.

It’s -21c with and ice storm on it’s way, but after all it is winter in Canada -brrr……………

It is not an accident that Kane and Alli have become so efficient at getting penalties; they have been taught by the best.

No one in the world cheats more or better than those of Argentina and Uruguay.

Podgy being Argentinian easily explains Tottenham’s antics but they pale into a distant second when compared to Uruguay’s number 9 who is no other than Luis Suarez

I think that one of the reason’s we the English get so hung up on this is that we have been brought up with Cricket in our lives and the idea of doing the right thing gets ingrained.

This concept doesn’t exist in the two countries I have mentioned, try watching an international between Argentina and Uruguay and see how bending the rules gets taken to a whole new level.

Where do I stand on this: I would like to see more VAR, this would deal retroactively with diving and in turn slowly stop the cheating that goes on. However, in the mean time if Lloris clips Aubamayang on Saturday and he doesn’t go down I will be livid.

Cricket played a much smaller role in my upbringing.

“if Lloris clips Aubamayang on Saturday and he doesn’t go down I will be livid” 🙂 🙂 me too 🙂

The biggest fish I ever saw caught was a 650lb Tuna it was sold at the end of the day to Japanese buyers for $24.00 lb dressed they got nearly $15000.00.

It took 6 hours for the crew to bring the fish on board, there is now a TV show out of Gloucester Ma. called Wicked Tuna. They are just magnificent creatures and the annual catch is limited to protect the stock..

NEW POST