Disgrace at the Liberty – Player ratings

A few comments from AA bloggers to summarise that rock-bottom performance.

Big Raddy says at 7:54
Looks as though there has been a touch of rain in Swansea

(Ed…This is always bad news when we play – we perform badly in the rain – the only time it’s an advantage is when we play a team that’s poncier than us, like Chelsea)

and at 8:08
20 minutes gone and Fabianski has yet to touch the ball.
Playing across the back is fine but can’t we just try and attack?

and at 8:19
What a brilliant pass from Mesut and a terrific finish.
Get in.

Rasp says at 8:21
How typical, we score and then concede within 2 minutes … will our training staff ever pick up on these repeated patterns …. we switch off after we score!!!

Eddie says at 8:30
lucky it is not 4 nil

FGG says at 8:37
Defensively dreadful from Xhaka. He looks at Clucas and just stands still whilst he runs past him into our box. I don’t care what anyone tells me, there is no way he has ever been a HM player. He just doesn’t see danger at all.

Big Raddy says at 8:38
We are being outplayed by the bottom team in the PL. They are faster to the second ball, more dynamic, more organised in defence and overall comfortable. We have been crap.

FGG says at 9:08
May as well not have a manager or strikers if we are going to do stuff like that. Terrible.

Rasp says at 9:41
Arsenal:
75%possession
9 shots, 1 goal

Swansea:
25% possession,
12 shots, 3 goals

No hiding, our style of football is not effective

Match assessment

Possession football – what is the point of it exactly? Arsenal sides in the past few years have always tended to have excellent numbers in terms of possession. This has also been reflected in the number of chances we’ve created. The worrying trend this season, and away from home especially, has been that our possesion stats have stayed high but the number of chances to score have been plummeting.

What is the point of continually holding on to the ball in non-threatening positons and then losing it immediately you get anywhere near the opposition’s 10 man defence? Players are scared to lose the ball by making potentially chance-creating passes. Our football is stale and how to play against us has been worked out, polished and then perfected by the poorest of teams.

Ratings

Cech – Back to work – hmm, yeah right ….4

Monreal – Great goal, one of the few dangerous runs forward of the night. Poor throw to Mustafi in the build up to the second goal. Slipped for the third goal ….5

Mustafi – If you’re put into a difficult situation, put it in row Z ….4

Koscielny – Still our best defender but too quiet to be captain ….5

Bellerin – Tried hard, crossing still poor ….5

Xhaka – Track midfielders running into the area, ffs …3

Ramsey – Not even playing against his old enemy could inspire Rambo to much on his full return to the Premiership ….4

Elneny – At least he committed himself for the cause ….6

Iwobi – Better going forward than last time out – possible should have had a rest in favour of the new boy ….5

Ozil – Quality assist with one of the few penetrating passes of the game – must be pleased he’s left his options open ….6

Lacazette – Poor service and the lad almost seems to have given up hoping this nightmare will turn around (much like the rest of us) ….4

Giroud looked as sad as the Arsenal Away Boys.

170 Responses to Disgrace at the Liberty – Player ratings

Thanks Chas

If we can the Aubemayeng deal over the line and Ozil and Wilshere on extensions then the squad is looking healthy. What is critical is that Arsene changes his formation to compliment our best players. It is time to sacrifice certain ball playing midfielders and go with 2 strikers and a HM.

I agree with FGG’s comment earlier that in addition to the above it would be good to get Ramsey re-signed and to keep the experience of Cech and Monreal for a bit longer. We need to start planning for Cech either with an answer from within or an expensive purchase in the next couple of seasons. I also feel the big summer signing (not cheap, but ready to go) should be a commanding CD.

I wouldn’t be adverse to having Luiz as part of any deal involving Giroud with Chelsea, but as a HM not CD. I think he actually looks more suited to the position in front of the back 4 and has the skills on the ball as well as pace and size to give that rare combination.

I actually have no room for Elneny or Xhaka and think they are not quite up to standard, and in fact just confuse things in trying to horn them in at times. We have better options than them that we should focus on.

Iwobi is out of form but at his age I would keep him. He doesn’t really look a prolific forward player though and I thought he looked way better in a slightly deeper B2B position in pre-season. I would change his role in the side.

Ignoring the defence at present (and assuming some of the above) that would give us:

Luiz and AMN for HM

Wilshere, Ramsey and Iwobi as B2B CM’s. Both Ramsey and Wilshere can play further forwards if needed.

Miki and Ozil as ACM’s but promote Nelson in as next choice. Miki and Nelson can also operate as wing forwards either side of 1 striker.

Lacazette and Aubemayeng as the main strikers and Eddie promoted to 3rd choice.

Danny is our useful back up adaptable player for either 2nd striker or wing forward.

That is a sound and midfield and attack for me. We don’t need to confuse the issue any more than that which I feel players like Xhaka and Elneny currently do.

Thanks chas, I usually read back through my comments after a poor performance and hate myself for sounding like a moaning old git … this morning is no different. I’ve been a moaning old git for far too long….. sadly our team has also been producing lacklustre performances for far too long.

We lack aggression, fight, defensive awareness. We show complacency especially after we score and we lack urgency when we go behind. We often fail to punish teams when we are on top and yet we crumble if they have the temerity to score against us.

We don’t like to play teams who ‘want it more than us’ … that in itself sums it all up for me.

I’m bored with myself and others who say there is only one solution ….. but ……

chas. Thank you.

I would say you are generous with those ratings.

Cech. We should have signed Pickford in summer. Like Seamo and Lehmann before him, he has played one season too many. 3

Monreal. Non-stop action, scored a super goal (his 4th of the season). 5

Mustafi. No consistency. During 90 mins he can be heroic and then comical. 4

Koscielny. A warrior but cannot do it alone 5

Bellerin. Found it hard to get behind the defence. Too much tippy tappy around the box though if he crossed there was no-one in the box to attack the ball 5

Ramsey. Looked rusty and yet was always in the heart of the action. 4

Elneny. Where was he playing? What was his role? Was he supporting Xhaka at DM or playing a little further forward to help Mesut and Aaron? Worked hard 4

Xhaka. Time to give him a break because the man is not contributing. 2

Iwobi. Was total pants, ran about like a man possessed but created nothing and was defensively insecure. Gets an extra point for bringing a save out of Fabianski 3

Ozil. A class above. 6

Lacazette. Frustrating to see a quality player perform so poorly. Created nothing, was not the focal point for passes from the back because he could find no space nor made his own chances. No attempts on goal. Not good enough 2

Miki: We upped our game when he came on. Played a couple of lovely passes across the box (only Ramsey was running in). Missed an open goal from an offside position 5

Wenger: I can only shake my head in disappointment. He chose the team, he signs the players, he coaches them, assesses the opposition, decides upon the tactics. The buck stops with Arsene. 2

4. Khotso says:

Arsene Wenger please go. All the other teams above us, also play possession soccer, but they play it with a deadly sense of purpose… TO SCORE.
    Arsenal will now have potentially two of the most devastating strikers/poachers of goals in the league, but they will be starved of goal scoring opportunities, as Lacazette has found to his cost, because of the famed AW possession soccer style, known by all the teams in the league now as…slow….slow……slower and slower….attack now that the opposition defense is ready.
    Not to teach you your job, but the system worked in the past and currently with the teams above us, because it was and is currently applied, by more successful teams with a skill, fluidity, arrogance and a brutal efficiency, that the current Arsenal team and administration lacks.

Thanks Chas
    Can’t add much as I only saw last 20 mins. The saddest bit? I’m neither that bothered nor surprised. Hey diddly.

Erik
    “Wenger: I can only shake my head in disappointment”. I like the image of you wandering the streets and alleys of Copenhagen shaking your head relentlessly for days on end

6. fatgingergooner says:

GB,

Couldn’t agree more about Xhaka and Elneny. I actually really like Xhaka as a footballer but he just doesn’t suit what we need and his attention span without the ball is worse than my 4 year old! We need to stop shoehorning players and actually buy what we need, so that if a player drops out of a position, we have a specialist ready to come in. Obviously you need a few multi-skilled players, but we treat all our players like they can play anywhere. We are not playing Total Football!

A mixture of poor tactics and poor players is making us look terrible right now. We need to get the centre of midfield sorted and the centre of defence sorted and build from there. It hasn’t been right for a while.

7. VP of Oz says:

I await ‘Victoria Concordia Crescit’ and Aubameyang

My question of the day: If Auba really is that good, then why is he coming to us?

Answer: it’s one of the few clubs you can mince about in white fur and still blend in

Can you detect my mood of apathy?

Give me cat vids or pictures of Hector Bellerin. Lighten me upski

Micky
    You cynic.
    Auba is obviously coming to resurrect his flagging career and hang out with Micki and Hector.
    BVB are 6th like us, London is one of the coolest placest on Earth and Dortmund is a shithole – what’s not to like?

FGG, you obviously know I agree with your 10.31 but I would add that some of the poor players, or maybe more correctly players that are performing poorly, I feel is because when we set up wrong so often and the team functions poorly it drags players down individually as well. There is nothing like being part of a team that regularly plays good football and wins.

The Xhaka thing worries me. I would ask the question of what the hell Kolasinac has done worse than Xhaka that has deserved his demotion while Xhaka still seems one of the first names on the team-sheet?

I am starting to wonder if some of our recruits recently have been Arsene’s identified choice and others that have been brought in that he didn’t personally identify. I feel Arsene always has a deep need to be vindicated in decisions he makes and his character does not readily allow for him to admit to getting it slightly wrong. It seems he will persist with something, way beyond where other more pragmatic managers would go, to desperately prove he was right all along, and the more the world shouts this is wrong the more he digs his heels in saying I will prove that you are wrong and I am right.

Many have said it about Arsene, often in a more nasty and aggressive way, but there is definitely a strong case that Arsene has a slightly destructive egotism, or possibly even footballing narcissism, in his character. I still worry that he will not change things even with the new recruits and will stubbornly persist with his (in his mind) Utopian but unrealistic approach.

12. VP of Oz says:

The 28-year-old striker joins the Gunners for €63.75m

“Apart from the unpleasant events of recent weeks, we like to remember that the story of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at BVB for more than four years was a single success story,” said BVB sporting director Michael Zorc.

“He has done great things for Borussia Dortmund at this time, scored many important goals and is part of the team that brought the DFB Cup to Dortmund in 2017. We wish Pierre-Emerick all the best for his future at Arsenal. ”

14. VP of Oz says:

is Alex Song our old/new defensive midfielder?

He’ll fit right in!

My personal favourite

18. Red Arnie says:

thank you, Chas. doom.

Good news Chas, may even bring a slight smile to us in “the whingeing miserable bastards” gang 🙂

Arnie
    How can it be doom when Auba has signed?
    I’m now looking forward to my trip down to London on the train on Saturday in the hope of seeing him on the bench!
    Upwards and Onwards. 🙂

21. Red Arnie says:

ha ha, Chas. you got a faint smile out of me! 🙂

yes, Auba! hope kills the gullible. onwards and upwards! 🙂

22. Who wrote this nonsense? The invisible bloke?
    There’s no name attached.

Here’s my assessment.

Cech, Tired old scrote … 4

Monreal. Non-stop action, scored a super goal (his 4th of the season). But he’s a defender first and foremost, and was directly responsible for two goals. Wenger himself has criticised him for firstly, allowing the ball to run out of play. and secondly, for a completely daft throw, so … 2 for the goal, 3 for 90 mins effort = 5. minus 10 for his rubbish defending, total therefore … minus 5

Mustafi. No consistency. During 90 mins he can be heroic and then comical … 3 and a half

Koscielny. A warrior but cannot do it alone … 5 and a third

Bellerin … 3

Ramsey. Rusty. Saved us with a superb tackle almost on our goalline … 3 and three quarters

Elneny. His role? Running around a lot? Worked hard … 3 and a bit

Xhaka. The bloke is not contributing … 1

Iwobi. Created nothing … 2

Ozil. A class above … 6 and seven eighths

Lacazette. Frustrating. Getting no service whatsoever. Not his fault, so … 9

Miki: We upped our game when he came on. Missed an open goal from an offside position … 3

Wenger: He signs the players, he chose the team, he coaches them, assesses the opposition, decides upon the tactics. His lineup was OK, no fans complaining about that before kickoff. Play starts and it’s down to the players. But the players once again let him down. Especially Monreal twice.
    The buck stops with the players, not Arsene! … 9.999 recurring to infinity.

thanks for player ratings and amusing comments, cheered me up a bit

I am lost for words after watching the first 45mins. I was wise to skip the rest. The arrival of PEA does little to lift the foul mood. Do you know why? Because my worry is that between Auba and Miki they will carry us through to the top four and Wenger will sign his contract extension for 2-3 more years. In which case I shall vomit.

WHAT????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEZUT SIGNED A NEW DEAL 🙂 🙂 NOW THIS IS FUCKING GOOD NEWS 🙂

Hey, Bloke With No Name, I’m owning up to nowt.
    I don’t know who you are but your avatar sure looks familiar.

Anyway I saw this the other day and wondered if maybe it looked a bit like one of our commenters on a night out?

Worried about getting into the top 4. Haha.

12.32 😀 😀

Chuffed to bits about Mesut. Great news

Has Mesut signed a new contract?
    Thanks for the magnificent news, BR. 🙂

29. fred1266 says:

Should have given everyone zero

BR shaking his head relentlessly in Copenhagen at Big Weng……

After hearing the Auba and Mesut news………

fred – even lacazette? i like your gravatar

Freddie-baby

Do you fancy writing the match report on Saturday for the Everton game?

Only one condition, you can’t use the word ‘In’. 🙂

Not yet confirmed by Arsenal but………………..

By David Ornstein

BBC Sport

Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil has signed a new three-and-a-half-year deal to stay at the club until 2021.

Ozil, 29, becomes the highest-paid player in the club’s history – earning about £350,000 a week before tax.

The deal, signed on Wednesday, follows months of speculation about the future of the Germany international, whose previous deal was due to expire at the end of the season.

Ozil has made 21 appearances this term, scoring four goals and recording six assists, and his new deal commits him to the Premier League club until he is 32.

It comes on the day Arsenal broke their transfer record to sign striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund and follows the departure of forward Alexis Sanchez, who joined Manchester United after lengthy contract negotiations with the Gunners.

Ozil has won three FA Cups in his three-and-a-half-year spell at Emirates Stadium – and no other player has recorded more assists or created more chances in the Premier League since his debut in September 2013.

The playmaker also has 88 caps for Germany and won the 2014 World Cup.

More to follow.

34. oz gunner says:

Auba and Ozil. Great Scott! Stuff the Swansea game.

My views on the Swansea game and the subsequent comments.

My game report………..
    It was a game played in conditions that was more suited to an Arsenal side of the 40’s or 50’s . Our current game is to keep the ball on the ground and play quick passes, the conditions did not allow this and it was not until Ozil made a wonderful overhead pass that we broke through. 45 seconds later Ozil lost the ball in our last third and they scored. Cech could not handle a slow back pass and we were 2-1 down. Inevitably we gave away another goal – game over.
    Frankly I don’t give a s**t!

My head is focused on the two cups we can win and not league games we lose.

We have lost a great player and replaced him with two exceptional talents and have (apparently) signed Mesut until 2021- what’s not to like about that?

36. fatgingergooner says:

If Mesut and PEA have signed, then was there even a game last night!? Not in my mind!

37. fatgingergooner says:

Sorry Eddie, but I prefer sexy football over sexy players. Time to ship Giroud out so we can play fast, sexy based football where positions are changed regularly, we strike hard and fast, and leave the opposition so exhausted they can barely stand!

38. fatgingergooner says:

Is this the moment we sell Giroud to West Ham for £20m?

I bloody hope so!!!

39. fatgingergooner says:

PEA scored 100 goals for BVB since the start of 15-16 season, 45 more goals than any player has scored for Arsenal in this period

100 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

55 Alexis Sanchez
    47 Olivier Giroud
    32 Theo Walcott
    24 Mesut Ozil

40. fatgingergooner says:

Alex Song for 6 months? Anyone feeling that? No idea what level he’s at these days. Probably no better than Elneny in truth.

41. fatgingergooner says:

Think I’ve worked out Arsenal’s pay structure:

Wengers - Football tactics and formations

42. I’d prefer Hillier for 6 months.

43. fatgingergooner says:

Would you swap Luiz for Giroud?

44. Red Arnie says:

Is there no way to tout ponce to Borussia directly and cut out the dirty oilers in the middle?

45. Red Arnie says:

Luiz. sorry, no!

Arsenal transfer news: Alex Song pictured at training ground

By Uche Amako

PUBLISHED: 13:04, Wed, Jan 31, 2018
    Song left Arsenal in 2012 for Barcelona after making 215 appearances in seven years for the Gunners.

But he struggled to break into the first team at the Nou Camp and returned to English football in 2014 with West Ham before joining Rubin Kazan in 2016.

However, the Cameroon international is looking for a new club after the players were not paid for four months by the Russian side.

And on transfer deadline day, Song posted a picture on Snapchat of himself wearing an Arsenal training top with the caption: “No pain, no gain.”

It is unclear whether Arsenal are looking to resign Song before the transfer deadline but his presence at the club could lead to a deal being done due to being a free agent.

And some Arsenal fans on Twitter think a move for Song could boost the team.

James Stokes wrote: “I’d take Alex Song for 6 months. Providing it’s not the Alex Song that starting trying diagonal passes every game and thought he was Rivaldo. Seeing as we sold our only DM, he’s the best we’ll do with the time we have….”

Jack Webster said: “Alex song training at Arsenal. Currently I’d take that.”

Song … no thank you … I wanted him gone last time because he lost all his defensive discipline and decided he was a number 9. No … we need a proper DM, let’s make do with what we have and buy a top player for that position in the summer. I still think M-N or Nacho could play that role for now.

48. Well well well, seems we may have a front line that can score more than the opposition …… let it be so LMAO

That won’t help peaches .. we’ve still got a back line that will concede more than the opposition 🙄

50. Seeing as Arsene’s buying old scrotes, what about Wilf Copping?
    He used to play for us a few years back. Admittedly not a spring chicken, but would suit Arsenes new buying approach admirably, imo.

Flamini came back to us didn’t he, and made an immediate impact… like he’d never been away.

not sexy enough for fattie

who is that front line that can score more than the opposition?
    We only exchanged Sanchez for Auba because Sanchez was gagging to go.

Giroud and Theo are gone too, a few goals and assists to be replaced

who’s that? James Dean? or Steve Mcqueen or paul newman?
    oh no, it is Matthew Flamini posing

is this his normal headgear at games?

allegedly. Ozil was going to the red mancs, but they would not accept his contract demands. Maybe. So they are getting mata instead. Poor substitution if you ask Eddie.

56. fatgingergooner says:

Sounds like Giroud to Chelsea is nearly done. The club have put a lot into getting Auba, let’s hope it works out.

Before I boil over, are both Auba and Mesut officially signed up?

Auba confirmed on Arsenal.com Ozil unconfirmed by AFC but every news outlet states it as fact.

59. fatgingergooner says:

Özil not official yet.

Auba I said done.

Pic of Giroud in a Chelsea training top holding up the 18 shirt which looks legit.

Rumours we still want Evans, Luiz or Manolas.

and i want a porsche, a bentley and a buccatti.

micky – every news bulletin is banging on about record signing for PEA and record wages for MO. Nice, at long last we is rich.

pisses me off though that they sold Ollie just to fecking balance the books.

no, I am far from happy.

Good enough for me. Thanks lads

BOILING

What fantastic news. Mesut stays and we swap some people for Auba and Miki. TOP TOP WINDOW

62. fatgingergooner says:

Eddie,

Giroud went because it’s a World Cup year and he wanted to go. You can’t honestly expect to have world class strikers and then for players of Girouds quality to sit on the bench as 3rd choice? Who’s Man City’s third choice? Or Chelsea’s? Or Liverpool’s?

Giroud was outstanding for us and it’s great that the fans are now showing their love for him, but ultimately we have had his best years and he’s not content to be a fringe player. Good luck to him being on the bench at Chelsea. He would’ve been better going to West Ham and playing every game imo.

maybe you are right but I am not convinced Giroud wanted to go. One of very few players who seemed to love the Club, he let his pants down, but not his team, always worked like a horse

64. fatgingergooner says:

It will be a great moment when the Emirates sings Girouds song again on his return.

He deserves that for all his work. A fantastic professional. If we’d had 11 players who worked as hard as he did during the time he was at the club we would’ve done a lot better than we did during his time.

65. fatgingergooner says:

Eddie,

You might be right that he didn’t want to go, but he knew he had to. In an ideal world he would be good enough to be our first choice, but that isn’t reality and it’s actually good to see a ruthless side to our transfer dealings again. We complain when Wenger hangs on to sub standard players, so maybe he should get a bit of praise now that he’s got favourable deals for fringe players and people who didn’t want to be here.

Giroud is not substandard!

Iwobi and Welbeck are.

67. fatgingergooner says:

Özil confirmation imminent!

I wonder if this is the ‘other’ player Balague keeps tweeting about.

68. fatgingergooner says:

Eddie
    I seem to remember Bellerin being called shit when he first made the side, but he came good. I will wait to see how Iwobi develops.

As for Welbeck, injuries havent helped, but I think it might be a matter of time before he leaves. Contract up at the end of next year so if he doesn’t prove himself he might be a summer or January casualty.

A good window … only a top defender missing 🙂

My basic maths reckons we’re up on wages on wages = Theo, Ox, Sanchez and Giroud should add up to more than Auba’s package and Ozil’s pay rise ….. and that we maybe had to stump up no more than an extra £10m or so to pay for Auba

Not such a bad day after all.

71. fatgingergooner says:

Rasp,

Don’t forget Coquelin. I’ve heard we might have ripped us Debuchys deal aswell and let him join Le Havre for free but not seen it confirmed.

72. fred1266 says:

Can I use out ?

73. fatgingergooner says:

Debuchy close to St Etienne (not Le Havre)

Hope we have some good youngsters because we appear to be short squad wise. I like the idea of us getting a real close look at some of the youngsters and fringe players over the next 4 months before deciding in the summer who stays, who goes, and who we need to bring in.

Fredster
    You can use whatever you like, darling.

why can’t I post a photo??

love you Mesut xxx

ha ha ha, did you see that ?

you broke my heart lad, we will miss you. All the best xx

81. fred1266 says:

Yea when he scores

82. fred1266 says:

I hope we have a buy back clause for giroud

83. fred1266 says:

Iwobi and welbeck are shit, substandard is an under statement

i hate you!!!!! stop it, no need for that you bastard

Fredderico

I’ve just seen that you use ‘reply to comment’ in WordPress.
    Most other people won’t be in WordPress, so won’t know that you are replying to them.

For instance, when you type ‘Yea when he scores’, I very much doubt Eddie knows you are replying to her 4:06 question.

This info may or may not be helpful.

Just looked up what the One Night in Rio box set behind Mesut is. Thought it may be AC/DC or Coldplay or the Stones but NO, it is the Germany winning the WC featuring the chap signing his papers.

I have too much spare time …

Wow,
    from
    ‘ha ha ha, did you see that ?’
    to
    ‘i hate you!!!!! stop it, no need for that you bastard’
    in all of 16 minutes.

That went South pretty quickly.

don’t worry about me not knowing.
    I know when fred is talking to me, because he ‘likes’ my comments and I get notified via email, all right?

Nice sleuthing, BR.

Ah, maybe everyone knows when Frederick is replying to them and it was only me that didn’t.
    Apols Freddamundo.

91. fatgingergooner says:

Anyone really believe we are paying Özil £350k a week? I’m not. Sounds like absolute rubbish.

yeah, but in that 16mins you 5:48 happened
    those were private messages you know

Twitter is 100% public unless you DM someone.

Besides, I was just going to copy the link to the tweets with your name on etc.
    You should be thanking me for being circumspect.
    If you hadn’t said anything on here, no-one would have known they were your billet douxs.

What are you talking about. WTF is a billet doux ( a soft ticket?)

96. VP of Oz says:

Mkhitaryan is free to play for Arsenal in the Europa League because Manu are still in the CL

Aubameyang is not eligible to play for Arsenal in the Europa League because Dortmund have dropped into the Europa comp and Aubameyang had played for them in the CL

97. fred1266 says:

Thanks chas bought a new phone so thought I would give the app a try will go back using browser, still having the issue with receiving emails to comment

98. fatgingergooner says:

Debuchy gone! 😀

Only thing that will make this TW better is if we somehow get a CB or HM over the line in the next few hours.

Not bothered if we don’t though.

IN

Giroud £21m 100k
    Gabriel £11m 50k
    Ox £35m 65k
    Szscesny £10m 60k
    Gibbs £7m 60k

Total £116m 700k

If the numbers reported are deemed to be fairly accurate then we haven’t really spent a penny over the last 2 windows. However, if the numbers are to be believed then our wage bill will rise significantly with the Özil increase and we still need to find some defensive reinforcements.

99. fatgingergooner says:

Don’t want to put a downer on things, but I’ve just got 3 words to say:

African Nations Cup

😳😩

FGG You mean we lose Iwobi and Elneny?

did you see theresa may wearing a white fur hat in China? She looked like Auba

…and Auba if Gabon play

103. fatgingergooner says:

BR,

Aubameyang, Elneny, Iwobi. Am I right in thinking we have a few Nigerian youngsters at the club?

Sky saying we went in late for Evans but we wouldn’t pay the fee as ‘we didn’t have any money left after today’s deals’. Not sure about that. More like they wanted £25m and we reckon he’s only worth £10-£15m. If they go down he will cost £5m!

104. fatgingergooner says:

It’s going to be sad to watch Giroud diving and cheating, and Sanchez celebrating his goals with shit handshakes and rubbish dancing, but overall I’m delighted with how this window has gone. The cherry on the cake is Özil’s new deal.

Hopefully now the club can try and move on with some confidence and a sense of belief and direction.

105. fred1266 says:

Theresa May that name sounds familiar isn’t that the lady who was fighting with trump

think that happened last year when i was in London

yes fred, that’s her

I had a laugh today. I was with a woman who was having an affair with Mark Clattenburg. He lied to her about his wife as he lied to many others. She sent him a text today saying she is about to sell her story 🙂 his phone became unavailable after that 🙂

With Debuchy gone now, we’ve moved 6 on and brought 2 in. We’ve made an overall profit and substantially lowered the wage bill … top work! I think our new management team are having a decisive effect …. and room for our young players to be given the opportunity to break into the first team squad.

108. fred1266 says:

2 goals for theo smh

109. fred1266 says:

New Management team ?

110. fatgingergooner says:

Enjoying watching Sanchez being used terribly by Mourinho and giving the ball away constantly.

I’m watching Theo have a MotM performance. Good on him.

112. fred1266 says:

Chelsea losing what have we done to Ollie

Chavs are going to have to spend a fortune to be contenders again

114. fred1266 says:

No they have Ollie

They are going to need a lot more than Ollie

MC 15 points ahead of second. They think it’s all over …

What a lot of fun you’ve all had today

Clouds well and truly lifted

119. fatgingergooner says:

My fantasy football team is playing worse than Arsenal! This has not been a good week.

Thankfully football is only about signings these days and results are irrelevant, so on that front we’ve done very well! 😂

120. fatgingergooner says:

Jeff has gone on loan to Angers.

121. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha ha ha. doom handsomely lifted! 🙂

good luck, Giro. would have been better if he moved to BvB. anyways …. 🙂

122. oz gunner says:

Sad to see Giroud go. I do hope he gets game time at Chelsea so he plays for France. He is the perfect sub for us but as time goes on he will be used less and less. I’d much rather he stayed over Welbeck but I think we’d be lucky to have gotten a loan deal for him.

Thanks for the update FFG. Can’t believe we got so much for Ox and Theo. English overrating their English. Glad we didn’t grab Evans for 20+ million. No idea why we want him. He was woeful at United and appears better because he plays in a lower level team that defends more. I’d rather have gabriel back. The CB’s we have are good, it just doesn’t help when they aren’t protected (Xhaka allowing a player to run right by him)

So Ollie really has gone Chavs eh

Won’t miss Ollie the footballer one bit, but for his sake with the world cup looming, I hope he does just enough with the Chavs to be on the plane

My best memory will be his part in THAT Wilshere goal v Norwich?

And the scorpion.

Blimey, Chavs 0-3 at home Bnmth

Eddie and Peaches at the loss of Big Ollie……

Micky at the loss of Big Ollie……..

Wow, Dotty sits with her paws folded like that. Never seen another dog do it. Really elegant

Eddie won’t care, she fancies the whole squad 🙂

Morning, Micky.

ha ha ha

morning to you too

Nice day for it, Sun peeking through the grey clouds.

Pinch, Punch First of the month …

Does anyone still do this?

Have you just done it to Mrs BR?

Last time it was done to me, I was 12.

139. fatgingergooner says:

Wengers football logic:

Steve Bould: ‘Boss, we are conceding 3 goals a game’

Wenger 🤔 ‘Hmmm, how can I score 4 goals a game…?’

Ollie at 6:43 🙂 he is clearly enjoying himself.
    Sanchez isn’t 🙂 🙂

2 strikers leave and join the opposition, and to be more precise 2 worst outfits in EPL, so why do we still love one but hate the other?? Sanchez scored more goals for us.
    Ollie is French, not the most loved nation in UK
    Ollie disgraced himself in the early days, Sanchez didn’t

great snaps of animals, thanks. all’s forgiven

142. fatgingergooner says:

Eddie,

Giroud scored more than Sanchez.

Imagine that you had 2 identical relationships with Sanchez and Giroud (not at the same time because you’re not that type!) but you split with Giroud on good terms, and split with Sanchez after a blazing row.

Which one is a bell end? Which one do you now have a doll of that you stick pins in?

Eddie

I think Ollie has that kind of eye-ore’ish charm
    Sanchez has zero charm

I have just looked at the table. We have 12 goal difference to nearest rivals/neighbours 26 and 27. There is no chance we can bridge the difference and finish in top 4.
    We have to win in Europe or we are doomed. Can Auba do it for us? How did he do in CL?

145. fatgingergooner says:

His European record is amazing Eddie (19 goals in 25 games over last 3 years), but I don’t think he can play as he’s cup tied.

fattie – uncanny example 🙂 My first husband is still after 33 years my best friend and the second one I kill virtually of course) before I go to sleep

Was there a blazing row with Sanchez?
    I think micky is right, Alexi is charmless, nothing likable about him, apart from his dogs

fattie – what cup? Carabao? Or Europa? surely he played in CL, no?

I’d be more worried about catching up the 8 points, but with 39 still up for grabs, it’s all to play for.

Man City’s goal difference is 9 more than we’ve scored.

149. fatgingergooner says:

Eddie,

I think sanchez is the one who’s amazing in bed, but at the same time he’s stealing money from you to fund his crack addiction whilst at the same time separating you from your friends and verbally abusing your family.

Giroud is not quite as good in bed (sorry) but he’s got a well paid, steady job and he treats you like a princess. You only split because he had to move back to France to care for his elderly mother.

I think it’s because Dortmund are in the Europa now.

151. fatgingergooner says:

Eddie,

Dortmund dropped into EL so he’s not eligible. Silly rule as he hasn’t played in the competition yet.

Who is not eligible?

Players who have:
    – Played in the same competition for another club
    – Player for another club that is currently in the same competition

INELIGIBLE: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

The rules around player eligibility can get somewhat confusing here, so to avoid getting bogged down in the intricacies of the regulations (43.02) let’s put it simply: Borussia Dortmund and Arsenal are in the same competition.

– Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang played for Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League group stage
    – Borussia Dortmund have dropped into the Europa League
    – Arsenal are also in the Europa League
    – Thus, even though Aubameyang has not played in the Europa League this season, he cannot play for Arsenal in it because Dortmund are now in the same European competition and he has already played in the group stage of a European competition.

oh feck
    So what chance do we have of winning in Europe?? Fecking nil, that’s great.

fattie – the second one stole my money for cocaine and booze. And he was shit in bed, I hope he reads this blog 🙂 🙂 Have you been talking to peaches??

Eddie, is it true what FGG said at 8.30. I am really sorry as I didn’t realise you had been through so much. Can’t you try and seek out your French lover. Maybe his elderly mother has passed on now. It would be like one of those beautiful movie endings when he spots you looking at him across the vineyard and you run towards each other…..just got the Kleenex out.

Morning all. We can win the Europa even without PEA but will be tougher. I also think we can make up 9 points on rivals if we blitz the EPL from here on in. I think we can and it is over to AW now. Personally I think he has to ditch 2 CM’s he would normally use to get 2 strikers and a better DM in front of the back 4.

I truly believe that we can win every game remaining with the players we have now but it will require a ruthless tweaking of the team by AW, which I am not sure he has in him, but we will find out.

I think this cup tied rule is a bit archaic and obsolete now. I mean how can there be any derived advantage or disadvantage either way to BVB or Arsenal with PEA. Football always takes way too long to update in areas it should. A panel should just sit down and see if there is any advantage or disadvantage with a transfer in any given competition and then make a ruling.

I can think of very few cases where this would be the case. It is just as easy to say that Giroud should be premier league tied with the supposed implications.

BTW, everyone keeps telling me that Ozil has signed till 2021 but can’t see anything official from Arsenal. Anyone that can shed light on this?

There is a New Post