Goodbye Mr. Sanchez

Having written a fond farewell to Le Coq and Theo, it is only right  to contribute a few thoughts about Sanchez.

Let’s be honest, every time he got the ball there was excitement, he is a fantastic player. Sanchez has the ability to get you out of your seat, he can twist and turn like a spinning top, his centre of gravity is at knee-level, His ball control is excellent, his shooting and ability to see a chance exceptional. Thick as two short, not a true team play, capable of giving the ball to the opposition when a simple pass was available, greedy but nonetheless, a brilliant player. We will miss his ability.

A difficult man to warm to which explains the lack of angst at his departure. When RvP left to join the same team, we were unhappy, very unhappy. Like Sanchez, RvP was our main goalscorer but unlike RvP his departure does not feel like a betrayal. Why? Because Sanchez has never been a Gooner, he has always been a mercenary. He continues to be one.

A top team needs world class players, we have had many during the Wenger era, Sanchez is, in my opinion, very close. If one was to pick the world’s best 11 players, Sanchez would be in the squad but probably not get a bench seat. Ozil? Make up your own mind. Mktiaryan? …?

AW’s gamble to keep Sanchez last summer has not worked (though there are mitigating circumstances) it is in everyone’s best interests for him to leave, though I am deeply saddened that we sell a player to MU and Merinho, any player. If it makes them a better team it will be painful.

For once, I do not wish an ex-player well. Alexis, thank you for your contribution to AFC but I hope you have a miserable couple of seasons at Old Trafford.

written by Big Raddy

139 Responses to Goodbye Mr. Sanchez

Cheers, BR.
    I second your wish that he has a miserable time at the old cowshed.

Play for the badge on the front and they’ll remember the name on the back.

I think you have that tribute spot on. Thank you.

3. RC78 says:

Good tribute and fair assessment of the situation

-> To be honest – we would have been better off selling to City for 60 Mln this summer BECAUSE we compete with Utd for Top 4 whereas Man City is competing for the title so we have strengthened a direct rival for CL qualif

-> That said we have gotten a fine player in return with Miky, which could prove to also be a great replacement for…Ozil in case we let Ozil go

So thanks Sanchez for helping us win the FA Cup a few times and also finish in the Top 4 most of the time you were with us. Your hate of defeat will be missed but since July, you were disturbing the team more than helping it because of your sour attitute and face…So long amigo!

4. I warmed to him when he did what he was paid a lot of money to do, and did it well. Went right off him shen he turned into a sulky, blackmailing waste of space. Bad cess to him.

5. RC78 says:

Which line up for this week-end?

– Cech – Bello, Mus, Kos, Nacho – Xhaka, El Neny, Wilshere – Ramsey, Ozil – Lacazette

6. RC78 says:

Real Madrid to spend 300 Mln over the summer to rehaul the squad:

– Priorities are
    –> GK: De Gea or Courtois
    –> ST: Lewandowski or Kane
    –> AM: Hazard or Neymar

Courtois, Hazard and Lewandoski possible IF
    – Navas, Bale and Benzema are sold

De Gea, Kane and Neymar – more than doubtful

Courtois – Carvalaj, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo – Modric, Casemiro, Kross – Hazard – Lewandowski, Ronaldo

Raddy, It’s strange but I have no feelings of loss at him leaving, I don’t even care that he’s gone to Man U, but I’m really happy that it’s all over and that our loss was minimized with the additional of our new “hit man” Mk”hit”aryan.

What is the latest news on Santi Cazorla? Arsene Wenger provided an update in his press conference on Friday, and revealed the early team news ahead of the Swansea game.

The Arsenal manager also discussed Danny Welbeck’s recovery from a hip issue, and had positive news on Oliivier Giroud. This is what he had to say:

on the early team news…
    Giroud should be back in the squad for Swansea. For Welbeck, it’s too early. That’s basically it.

on Santi Cazorla…
    The latest news is that he is supposed to come back now. He had his latest surgery and we have to see where we go from there.

on whether he will play this season…
    I sent him a message two weeks ago and wished him well, hoping to see him soon. He has not come back yet because he has just had surgery. The medical people know much better than I do whether he will play again in 2018 before the end of the season. Before the end of the season will be hard for him.

on whether he will be offered a new deal…
    That depends on his medical availability at the top level. We have to assess that until the end of the season – if Santi is fit and available to play, then yes. Of course, we have to see that.

on whether Santi will make it back to the top level…
    That is why I tell you it is a complicated situation because first of all we love him, second of all he is a great football player but the third situation is that you need to be healthy today to play at the intensity that is needed in the Premier League. So we have to see if he can absorb that or not.

Nice work Raddy, can’t argue with any of that. I think Sanchez is essentially a loner who has god given talent but little empathy. I’m glad he’s gone. I shall take great pleasure in watchng Miki rediscover his talent with us. We may not have a player individually who will score as many as AS, but spread out amongst 3 or 4 …. why not!

I don’t wish AS bad luck, but I do wonder how Maureen will deal with him when he becomes too meeeeee … my guess is he may even end up as a super sub in the big games

10. RC78 says:

Mourinho loves Sanchez to bits and basically, that means that Rashford and Lingard will be dropped given Martial’s current form and Mata’s influence in the middle of the park

De Gea – Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Shaw – Mata, Matic, Pogba – Martial, Lukaku, Sanchez

Then the bench is scary too from midfield on wards and also knowing that Bailly, Lindelof, Young, Rojo are to come back from injury at the back

Back-up: Ibra, Lingard, Rashford, Hererra, Fellaini, Carrick

11. RC78 says:

Sad for Santi…poor guy

12. RC78 says:

Apaprently we offered 10 Mln + Debuchy for Evans while we have also offered 35 Mln for Nzonzi

Thanks Raddy. I agree with pretty much all you say regarding Sanchez as a bit of a maverick loner. I am not going to be stupid enough to downplay his abilities t a basic level but similarly I feel he is over-estimated. He has his strengths but also his faults at the highest level

We have been spoiled with world class players in the earlier Wenger era and for me Sanchez doesn’t get near some we have seen before. I think one of the reasons for his high estimation is that he has often been rescuing a team bereft of confidence and playing poorly, thus giving greater merit to his contribution, welcome though it was.

He is indeed a fine player but he doesn’t come anywhere near to DB10 or TH14. I have questioned whether I feel this more based on sentimentality than objective outlook, but truly feel he is not near their high standards. Not only were these 2 individually brilliant but they were also sublime team players. I don’t even think I would have played Sanchez ahead of Bobby or Overmars who played in a similar role.

As a slightly deeper forward player If I had to liken Sanchez in terms of his busy, twisty turny, low centre of gravity, on the ball a lot, with some crucial and at times sublime goal-scoring style of play then I would look at Zola. Now if you had asked me to pick between Zola and Sanchez then Zola gets the nod all day. Very similar but Zola was far more refined and polished in his play.

We can replace what Sanchez gave us, not necessarily in a like for like but with players like Miki and Aubameyang and a tweak in set up we can have a stronger attack than with Sanchez in it. Ozil and Jack not so much I feel.

Chas that 2.09. all that money and the best poor Hector can come up with is bargain basement, psychedelic, drag queen.

Bellerin: styling by Tescos

Also, GB, you say Sanchez often rescued a team bereft of confidence, whereas I think his single biggest contribution was rescuing us from being a team bereft of effort.

I clearly recall The Ox expressing amasement at the effort Sanchez put in and of course there was the Theo confession

Of course he is a fabulous footballer and contributed much to some great games, but I’ll remember him most for his tigerish enthusiasm

17. chas mobile says:

hector 🙂 he is sooooo cool. Tesco my arse

Sanchez. The worst mercenary ever. I am not sure what you are implying Mr Big, that van Judas was a Gunner? Was he feck. But at least he went to ManU for trophies, not money alone. Dog nonce went to an outfit that has as much chance of winning trophies as I have pulling Bellerin. None. He went for money alone and all the smoke screen of reuniting with Pep was dogshit all along.

Apologies, I’m simply out of touch on the fashion front. Probably away from the metropolis for too long.

How would you describe the Hector jacket?

do you know who is this little full kit w****r? yep, Donald Trump’s son. I think we need to keep this one a secret, nothing to be proud of

and the plimsoles, any young man’s dream
    Seriously though, he looks great and I bet you any money they don’t stock those outfits at Tescos or even Lidl.

Oh, ok. It could be your standards getting in the way of finding the right man on your dating sights

sites? I dunno, been a long week 🙄

actually darling, I am just about to go out on a date na na na na na.
    I have met someone wonderful and things are looking very bright. So, behave or you are off the wedding guests’ list

Ooo, how exciting. How does he dress?

A drinking joke.

An Irishman walks into a bar in Dublin, orders three pints of Guinness and sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn. When he finished all three, he comes back to the bar and orders three more.

The bartender says to him, ‘You know, a pint goes flat after I draw it; it would taste better if you bought one at a time.’ The Irishman replies, ‘Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in America, the other in Australia, and I’m here in Dublin. When we all left home, we promised that we’d drink this way to remember the days we all drank together.

‘The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there. The Irishman becomes a regular in the bar and always drinks the same way: he orders three pints and drinks the three pints by taking drinks from each of them in turn.

One day, he comes in and orders two pints. All the other regulars in the bar notice and fall silent. When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, ‘I don’t want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great loss.’

The Irishman looks confused for a moment, then a lights dawns in his eye and he laughs. ‘Oh, no, ‘ he says, ‘Everyone is fine. I’ve just quit drinking!

suits 🙂 but he promised to wear the full kit when we are alone 🙂
    When he was in his 40s his mother threw away the Arsenal bedding saying that no girl is going to put up with that nonsense. She didn’t know me 🙂 Gotta go, laters

GN5 ha ha 🙂

When he was in his 40’s, his mother…….uh oh

GN5 5.03. Excellent 😀

Hector. Needs a short back and sides, and a lesson in the fashion of a gentleman. In that pic he a looks like a nancy boy

Outlook: really grim. Eddie thinks Bell looks awesome and she’s gone on a date with a man who has Arsenal bedding, full kit and lives with his mother. Worse, if you can believe it, she’s encouraged him to kit up in the bed chamber

Deeply worrying news. Sounds like a Mummy’s boy

Isn’t there another word that comes after ‘full kit’?

The hyperactive dwarf dog botherer is starting against Yeovil …. guaranteed to score on his debut 🙄🙄

34. chas mobile says:

Definitely need some fashion updates from Eddie’s date.

More riveting than the football tonight ….

Interesting read for those interested in how PEA deal might go.

On Alexis I thought when he joined he looked ready to be a star and a leader, for me when a player complains about those around them you start to realise they are not quite good enough to be that leader.

The other thing that drove me crazy was the plaudits for his energy and pressing, given how often he gave the ball away it is almost a precondition that to survive at this level you get good at getting it back again.

I was a bit concerned about my date’s relationship with his mother, but peaches has assured me that this is perfectly normal for a man with his DNA 🙂 🙂

I think we will both be wearing full kits to bed at this rate 🙂 all night like 🙂 Lovely man, true gentleman. Curiously though he thinks that Sanchez is an amazing player. He is good, very good, but amazing? Nay

Shit a brick Eddie, is Peaches suggesting you’re dating a woofta?

Hang on, are you back at home already? Alone?

40. chas mobile says:

Who wooda thought?

For God’s sake man, this is no time to make light chit chat. We have a Code Red. Do we have any assets on the ground in the Cuffley area. Things are horribly quiet. I fear the worst. She’s kitting up.

42. chas mobile says:

Even a Mummy’s boy is going to feel he needs his teddy once the no touching rule is enforced.

43. VP of Oz says:

sound familiar – Sanchez dropped deep too often and conceded possession cheaply too frequently in a mixed first half…

No football weekend. Sulk.

omg, you lot don’t forget a thing!! I am not going to say anything else in case you meet him at the Ems. Just be happy for me – I met a wonderful man and he is a gunner, what more a girl can ask for?

A stinkhorn rather than a button mushroom?

My life is empty and shallow, so consequently I seize on the smallest morsels of excitement and intrigue

What are his hobbies outside football

investments 🙂 cooking, his dog, his amazing job, grandchildren and MUSIC, I have never seen so many CDs outside a Virgin store.

Ok, things sounding brighter.

I was talking to a mate, Wiff Waff Sam, who is now a world expert on recruiting mating partners and he says the first question ought to be a frank and honest confession of one’s faults.

Ignore the good shit because we’re all good salesmen, and cut to the real business. So, Eddie, what are his faults because if you’re happy with those then you have a good chance

51. VP of Oz says:

Australia Triple JJJ radio station is having their annual Hottest 100 music countdown. Over 2.3 million people voted for their favourite songs (including me) released in 2017.

We are on the home stretch –
    5 – Gang of Youths – “The Deepest Sighs, the Frankest Shadows”
    6 – Lorde – “Green Light”
    7 – Pnau – “Go Bang”
    8 – Thundamentals featuring Mataya – “Sally”
    9 – Vance Joy – “Lay It on Me”
    10 – Gang of Youths – “What Can I Do If the Fire Goes Out?”

no faults, except him supporting scum when he was a boy 🙂

8:46 bicycle crash kitty superb 🙂

54. VP of Oz says:

back in 2013 they did the best of 20 yrs of Hottest 100’s and the countdown results were –

1-Oasis – “Wonderwall” (1995)
    2 -The White Stripes – “Seven Nation Army” (2003)
    3 -Jeff Buckley – “Last Goodbye” (1994)
    4 -Hilltop Hoods – “The Nosebleed Section” (2003)
    5 -The Verve – “Bitter Sweet Symphony” (1997)
    6 -Foo Fighters – “Everlong” (1997)
    7 -The Killers – “Mr. Brightside” (2004)
    8 -Powderfinger – “These Days” (2000)
    9 -Gotye featuring Kimbra – “Somebody That I Used to Know” (2011)
    10 -Powderfinger – “My Happiness” (2000)

powderfinger 🙂 something for chas

fucking sanchez.

VP. Wow, 2,3m Aussies with very little musical taste.

Micky. Did Mr Wiff Waff Sam’s advice work with Mrs. Didit? It would have been a long, long discussion and certainly not conducive to horizontal activity.

Here’s one from the list I have heard of 🙂

Erik 🙂

It was a very long time ago

However, and this is true, I did advise her strongly NOT to marry me

60. VP of Oz says:

BR I disagree. Great alternative music with a big emphasis on Australian home-grown talent: Gang of Youths smashed it this year with 3 songs in the Top 10. If you get a chance to go see them in London, I’d highly recommend it. They are based out of there now.

Final Results of the Top 10:
    1 – Kendrick Lamar – “Humble”
    2 – Gang of Youths – “Let Me Down Easy”
    3 – Angus & Julia Stone – “Chateau”
    4 – Methyl Ethel – “Ubu”
    5 – Gang of Youths – “The Deepest Sighs, the Frankest Shadows”
    6 – Lorde – “Green Light”
    7 – Pnau – “Go Bang”
    8 – Thundamentals featuring Mataya – “Sally”
    9 – Vance Joy – “Lay It on Me”
    10 – Gang of Youths – “What Can I Do If the Fire Goes Out?”

61. VP of Oz says:

One of the greatest starts to any song, (especially after 1:10mins), love it

Erik is a music snob, and he also likes guitar solos 🙂

Personally, I’ll always have space for good pop music like the verve. Why not. So long as they don’t take themselves too seriously on the political front as they end up sounding like the biggest wanker of the lot ie Bono 🙄

I got to 1 min 40 secs. Is that good? 🙂

VP. chas is going enjoy that vid. as did I.

Do you know of Biffy Clyro? Went to see them a couple of times recently and think you will enjoy them.

Micky. It got better and better though would have been much improved with a viola in there somewhere

Correct Erik 🙂

I get suspicious of bands with too many buttons, pedals and knobs 🙂

67. fatgingergooner says:

Sounded a bit like a cross between Kings of Leon and the Killers. It sounded better when I didn’t look at them! Whatever that means.

68. fatgingergooner says:

A hint of U2 in there aswell I would say. This is decent.

69. VP of Oz says:

Kings of Leon and The Killers, love them.
    Biffy Clyro I just had a listen to, nice. Will play them more.

Mind you have I have a bit of eclectic taste in music. My favourite at the moment is Methel Ethel which came in at #4 –

70. fatgingergooner says:

71. fatgingergooner says:

One of my favourite bands VP. Crank it up to 11!

VP – I’ve listened to your selection, Kings of Leon are ok, I give you that 🙂

73. fatgingergooner says:

Heard this the other day. Something a bit different.

74. VP of Oz says:

FGG loved the The Music The People.His voice reminded me a bit of Ronnie James Dio.

Just realized why we’re not playing. It’s FA Cup day. Damn Arsene for not taking it seriously. Not forgiving that.

Wouldn’t be so bad if it was sunny, or there were rugger internationals

76. VP of Oz says:

First Aid Kit, bizzare:-)

Here is one from a group called Little Red, just up the road from me. Its almost 10 yrs old but I thought Eddie might like it (not sure why)

77. VP of Oz says:

all these years everyone was convinced that AW was stingy when it came to transfers. However I’m becoming convinced that it was Gazidis all along

78. fatgingergooner says:

There may have been a time when Wenger actually negotiated the prices of the transfers, but I don’t for a moment believe that’s the case now. If we don’t get Auba, then I imagine many will give Wenger grief for it, but I also think fans are becoming wise to the fact that Gazidis and his new crew are the ones we should be scrutinising. At the same time though, these deals, espescially in January, are often difficult to get over the line. Hopefully Dortmund can find a replacement so it makes the negotiation easier. You tend to see a lot of mind games and tactics in these deals and with a limited time-frame it can become a bit silly. Dortmund putting Auba in the squad for the weekend is just another tactic to get the agreement they want.

79. VP of Oz says:

Pushing 40 degrees tomorrow
    Tennis finals are on, C’mon Cilic!

Kendrick Lamar has won triple j’s Hottest 100 countdown with his song HUMBLE., becoming the first person of colour to take out the top spot.

Lamar is also just the second hip hop artist to top the annual music poll after Macklemore claimed the honour in 2012.

Triple j’s music director Nick Findlay said the station was overwhelmed with requests for HUMBLE. when the track was released last year.

“When I look back on 2017, it’s hard to deny that when it came to music, Kendrick Lamar dominated on all fronts,” he said.

“Back in March, HUMBLE. burst its way onto our speakers with such force that it immediately became an instant classic for the triple j audience, who overwhelmed us with requests.

“Now seeing it as the number one song of the year only further cements HUMBLE. as a modern-day masterpiece, and shows just how powerful and important Kendrick Lamar is as a songwriter of our generation.”

Lamar had four songs in this year’s countdown.

His track DNA came in at number 34, while LOVE (featuring Zacari) was number 92 and LOYALTY (featuring Rhianna) polled at 97.

This year’s list featured 65 Australian artists, just one shy of last year’s record, and women appeared in four songs in the top 10, including Lorde and Julia Stone as well as guest artists Mataya (Sally by Thundamentals) and Kira Divine (on PNAU’s Go Bang).

I’m off now to watch the Lord of The Rings trilogy (extended versions) with my son, its 10:30pm and still about 30 degrees. Been listening to music all day and eating Gelati.

Thanks chaps for the great music today. I may not like it all but I love to find new bands.

The Music is very good but the vocalist is a bit too Manchester for me, Gang of YOuths – terrific, remind me of Biffy Clyro.

First Aid Kit are big over here (no surprise there!) perhaps it is their Abba like harmonies.

Yay. Caroline har vundet

Kom Nu Danmark 🇩🇰

Great music from a true great and a jean Luc Godard film

I’m beginning to get a sense of embarrassment over the Aubameyang situation. Currently we are just feeding the impression that we are never prepared to pay the going rate. If he’s worth what they’re asking, PDFM … if not, walk away and blame them for the collapse of the deal

91. RC78 says:

If we miss the chance to sign him now – we will never get him. He is defoe worth 65 Mln EUR in the current market

92. RC78 says:

Evans – Nzonzi – Aubameyang – three targets apparently

I think Evans is a good back up but Nzonzi and Aubam would walk into the first team

93. fatgingergooner says:

Problem is Rasp the narrative of our club is that we are tight, so if we don’t pay the money we will be hammered, regardless of if he’s worth the money or not. Personally, I believe if we are willing to pay £50m then what is £10m extra in the current market? Sod all. It’s not like they are asking for another £30m. It’s a small increase. Get the deal done and get a quality player brought into the club.

I reckon we will go back in with an extra £5m or add on some extra incentive-based money and they will accept. As I said earlier, it’s all just a game to get the most money they can. Saying Barca want him in the summer is embarrassing.

94. fatgingergooner says:

Newport beating Spurs! That’s worth £10m right there!

Dortmund obviously want him gone as he’s becoming disruptive and the player obviously wants out, but by playing him today Dortmund are pretending that they don’t need to sell and all is good. It’s just a game of who blinks first but on a very limited timescale.

I think we have earned that reputation FGG, This is just further evidence of it

96. fred1266 says:

Yong side finally doing good

97. fatgingergooner says:

I understand the reputation but I’m not sure this deal is evidence of it. £50m+ is still a huge amount and we can’t just be expected to pay whatever anyone asks. Having said that, if the rumoured £60m is correct then I’d be disappointed if we don’t get Auba as I think in the current market that’s not unreasonable for a player of his quality. I’ve no idea if we can afford that though or if it will impact future transfers in other areas.

98. fatgingergooner says:

An extra game for Spurs. Lucky not to be out.

99. chas mobile says:

Surely you have an idea of the price before you send over a 3 man delegation. As for being able to afford it is concerned, we can afford whatever we choose to afford … we are a business, we can raise money in a number of ways.

Where is Newport 😬😬😬

Well certainly money can’t buy everything, pool pay 75m for a CB and concede 4 goals (1 disallowed) in the first half at Anfield 😂

103. fatgingergooner says:

VAaaaaaaaaaargh! Awful.

104. fatgingergooner says:

The fact we’ve sent 3 people makes me think the deal will be done, but surely it still makes sense to get the best deal we can? Yes we could raise money, but as a business we also have a strategy which seems to involve not being in debt, so wether we can afford him or not within the parameters we have set ourselves is a different question. Isn’t it?

Not in my opinion. Businesses that want to grow invest in the future. 10m is a drop in the ocean in terms of our turnover … PEA could earn that in shirt sales. If buying PEA means we get in the top 4 and CL, then that extra 10m would be an excellent investment.

After watching him tonight, I can’t think why we’d want Johnny Evans

107. chas mobile says:

Maybe the 7m cap on increase in total wage bill unless accompanied by an increase in commercials, matchday revenue or net transfer dealings may also have a bearing. (If true)

Perhaps Mesut’s pay rise may not be affordable if we buy PEA at 60m?

Maybe ‘just pay it’ isn’t practical if we want to keep Mesut. Do any of us know?

We don’t …. but we know other teams seem to find a way round these things

109. fatgingergooner says:

As always, too many questions.

None of us want a discussion about finances as we’ve had them all before!

We all want the player and we all agree (I think) that £60m seems reasonable for a player who’s scored a lot of goals at a high level and is in his peak. Maybe it’s even cheap when put like that. Fingers crossed we get the deal done and the club decide to stump up the cash.

Liverpool are out. What a treat!

110. RC78 says:

If Aubam comes – then we hace good options going forward BUT we would need a very strong HM if we want to play Lacaz, Aubam, Ozil, Miky together

111. oz gunner says:

I hope we get Aubam over the line too. In his prime and one of the best strikers on the planet in my opinion. Good in so many facets and speed to burn. In today’s climate 60m would be a steal. If he didn’t burn bridges we’d probably be talking 80-100 million (factoring in the ridiculous numbers that have been thrown around recently. Get it done Ivan and co.

Love Gang of Youths. Was obsessed with Magnolia a couple of years ago. Been a lot of gems over the years and a good way to plug the local talent. Matt Corby comes to mind. Still some mind boggling omissions over the years (At the drive in – one arm scissor (2003 i think)). I’m still not sure how ‘Bon Iver – Skinny Love’ didn’t finish top 10 one year (2006 from memory) – I remember telling you about him a few years back @BR. I’ve seen them play live a few times and chills every time. This on jools was something else:

Plus at the Sydney Opera house in 2016 (had the pleasure of being there to watch):

112. VP of Oz says:

How is the weather treating you OzGun up in Sydney?
    Bloody boiling hot down here in Melb.

113. VP of Oz says:

as for the protracted Aubameyang transfer saga, it could simply be that Dortmund wont release until they secure a striker to replace. However after the boo’s at the last game, maybe they will

114. VP of Oz says:

Piers Morgan
    The moment I invite President Trump to be Arsenal’s new manager – because he’d build a strong defensive wall, have an attacking philosophy & want to win big trophies at all costs.

Jess Elliott
    On behalf of all arsenal fans, I can confirm we’d rather keep Wenger

Never mention Trump and Arsenal in the same breath again. And burn that shirt immediately.

Imagine a Wenger-Trump swap deal. America would become the greatest country in the history whilst Arsenal liquidates.

Héctor Bellerín
    Hope he said no 🙄

Here’s a theory
    Dortmund are rather good at buying brilliant unknown footballers
    Maybe Arsenal are watching who Dortmund decide to move on as Auba’s replacement
    Then, in like Flynn we go 🙂

Hector 🙂
    Why would anybody even think of Trump as the Arsenal’s manager?
    That Morgan has no life, clearly

Methinks it’s the people who even respond to that stuff who lack a life

Now, tell us something we do need to know

this’d better be not true or I will flip “Man Utd are favourites to sign Mesut Ozil from Arsenal in the January transfer window”

Dortmund might be rather good at buying but the same token Arsenal are rather poor at going in like Flynn. Fact.

Relax Dear, couldn’t happen.

Ha ha, I think you may be right about that.

I’m getting really sick of cloud cover. When I grow up, I’m going to be like Erik and get myself under blue skies every few weeks.

Benefits of sleeping with your dog:

They give you comfort: whether it’s their warm body or rhythmic breathing, having your furry companion sleep next to you makes your bed feel cosier.
    They fight insomnia: the presence of a dog in your bed promotes calm, stress relief and a feeling of safety.
    Cuddling with them relieves stress and anxiety: a pup’s positive outlook seems to be contagious making them great stress relievers.
    It’s good for your dog, too: there’s nothing in the world that your dog loves more than you. By allowing them to spend the night cuddling next to you

My pug is loving this article 🙂

123. fatgingergooner says:

Bought the Gang of youths album on the back of your recommendation yesterday. Have they been around a while or is it their first album?

Love that Bon Iver song on Jools. Think I’ve heard that before. Went and listened to this yesterday as well which was on your list. A modern classic.

We have a Labrador, as you know, so the bed routine is out of the question. Plus, I do not feel unsafe, anxious or uncosy at night.

125. fatgingergooner says:

I’ve slept with a few dogs in my time and the only feeling I tended to wake up with was one of shame.

Okay, have good days one et al

fgg 🙂 🙂 yeah, I slept with some rodents

micky – even if you did feel unsafe, anxious or uncosy Dotty would not help. She’d be like my Bambi, hiding behind your back

128. fatgingergooner says:

Sounds like you’ve found a prince now though!

I wouldn’t worry about Özil just yet. No way he leaves in January and hopefully he will sign before the season ends. If he doesn’t though, then I imagine Man U and every other club with cash monies will be on the phone to him. European clubs can already speak to him and no sign of movement yet, but the worrying thing these days is all the money is in the PL, so if players are going to start running down their contracts then we are going to see more and more players moving between rivals.